PDA

View Full Version : Your secret draft wish?

Banta
06-26-2012, 09:08 PM
So, who is the player you'd love to see the Pacers land Thursday even though it might not seem to make sense or would require a serious move up or watever/et cetera?

Mine: Royce White. If he's what people think he could be, it would allow TPTB to shake things up with some other moves.

AesopRockOn
06-26-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm not telling.

PacerPenguins
06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Damian Lillard....... dude will be special :)

pwee31
06-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Austin Rivers. Would love to be able to trade up for him

Brad8888
06-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Land Joakim Noah as part of a massive draft night trade where we send Dahntay, Stephenson, and David West to the Bulls and trade picks.

July 1 comes, then sign Dwight Howard. Have the most fearsome frontcourt in the league, possibly ever.

Now that I have posted it, it has no chance of happening. I know it never did, but that would be my secret draft wish.

cdash
06-26-2012, 09:23 PM
I have been against trading up for the most part since this process began, but I think it might be a perfect time to package DC, Hansbrough, and/or pick 26 to move up to the 10-13 range and get another impact guy on this team. Tyler seems to have plateaued and DC's willingness to backup Hill concerns me.

Psyren
06-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Royce White as well.

5_7_Clash
06-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Draft night comes and Larry Bird is the Pres. of Basketball Operations and Kevin Pritchard is our GM.

(*clicks heels* There's no place like home, there's no place like home...)

*astrisk*
06-26-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm equal opportunity... I just wanna see an ole' fashioned Pritch-Slap!!! We'll know it when we see it... I have faith that KP is gonna turn DC, Hans, and #26... Into #5, #18 and Dwight Howard... we will play him behind Hibbs to bring his value down, then re-sign him for league minimum next summer! And Donnie will convince him to be grateful!!!

esabyrn333
06-26-2012, 09:41 PM
HUGE DRAFT NIGHT TRADE

DANNY GRANGER & DARREN COLLISON TO THE KINGS

ERIC GORDON & 10TH (AUSTIN RIVERS) PICK IN DRAFT TO INDY JARRED SULLINGER FALLS TO INDY AT 26

TYREKE EVANS & 5TH PICK (KID GILCHRIST) TO NEW ORLEANS

Steagles
06-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Festus Ezeli

Don't shoot me!

Sparhawk
06-26-2012, 10:03 PM
First trade Hans to the Cavs for their 24 and 34 (I know the Cavs are trying to trade up, but this is my wish dammit!)

Trade DC + 26th to NO for the 10th pick.

Trade 10th pick + DJ to Houston for the 14, 18 + Dalembert.

Pacers have the 14, 18, 24, and 34

14 - PJIII (SF/PF)
18 - Arnette Moultrie (PF of the future!)
24 - Will Barton (SG)
34 - Jae Crowder (SF/PF)

Sign Delonte West as the backup PG.

Gone are Barbosa, Lou, AJ, Fesenko, Hans, DC and DJ.

In are West, PJIII, Arnette Moultrie, Dalembert, Will Barton and Jae Crowder.

Lineup:
Hill/West/Lance
PG/Lance/Barton
Granger/Crowder/PJIII
West/Moultrie/PJIII
Hibbs/Dalembert/Moultrie

Pacers have a bunch of hard workers in PG, Granger, West and Hibbert. PJII has been questioned about his motivation. Our coaching staff and players will bring out the best in PJIII (just like Lance). Dalembert is a great backup, the Pacers get Moultrie who would be the PF of the future and can play backup C.

While PJIII will likely take a couple years to develop, Crowder can come in and be the primary backup SF (and can play some PF if lineups go small). He's got a high BBIQ, he's a hustle guy and is a very physical defender. Can shoot a little too.

Barton is insurance if Lance doesn't pan out. Barton has the skill, but is likely 2 years away as he needs to add some weight/muscle.

Barton/PJIII/Moultrie bring in much needed athleticism. Crowder brings in another smart hard working player that the Pacers are all about. All those guys can play/guard multiple positions (save Barton)

There are certainly a lot of scenarios the Pacers can go, and my mind is always changing on players. Royce White is one of my favorites, and yet I didn't choose him. The above scenario could be one of the best for the Pacers.

D-BONE
06-26-2012, 10:21 PM
No Draymond Green - apologies to his supporters.

travmil
06-26-2012, 10:31 PM
If they stay at 26 I want one of the 2 guards, Fournier, Doron Lamb, or John Jenkins. Fournier would be my preferred but I have a feeling some team is in love with him and he will go a lot higher than people think he will. Doron Lamb can drive with either hand, has solid mid range game, and can also hit the three. John Jenkins is an elite shooter. Not much else other than that, but his shooting is NBA ready.

Really?
06-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Terrence Ross, he would be the perfect 2 guard for this team.

ChicagoJ
06-26-2012, 10:47 PM
A trade or package for a guy that can shorten the front court rotation, something very unlikely with the #26 pick on a team with plenty of depth but not enough top-end talent.

IndyPacer
06-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Trading to get to Lillard would probably be too costly, but I'd love to find a way to make it work.

At #26, I like Taylor, White, Johnson, Wroten, and Melo as possibilities, but perhaps my greatest wish is that it simply is not Draymond Green.

DrFife
06-26-2012, 11:00 PM
My secret wish?

That I win a pick-the-draftees contest and am flown to Miami, where the Heat cheerleaders give me a naked full-body massage and then we all pile into a hot tub covered in eucalyptus leaves with little Pacer logos on them.

This after watching us parlay DC, Hans & #26 into two mid-first-rounders & two early second-rounders; then signing Steve Nash, Chris Kaman, Brandon Roy & Rashard Lewis (cheap, via amnesty).

PGisthefuture
06-26-2012, 11:03 PM
I've said it before, Perry Jones III.

pacer4ever
06-26-2012, 11:06 PM

Love his game don't know about perfect for us though because IMO his perfect fit is Boston. Once he has a great pg to feed him the ball he will be scary. I wanted Damian Lillard last year when he was barley on draft peoples radar. I though then he would be an all star and I still think he will be so I guess he and Unibrow would be my dream draft lol.

EDIT: my realistic wish at 26 Machado, Barton Festus Ezeli and a few others depending on how the board looks when we pick. Kyle O'Quinn for example I like a ton after taking some more looks at his tape. A poor mans Greg Monroe (in terms of skill set) would be a solid backup PF/C who is very skilled and a hard worker.

Ace E.Anderson
06-26-2012, 11:08 PM
If we stay at 26 then Jared Cunningham. If it were out of all the draftees I wish we could get Terrance Ross. Good Athlete, defender and 3 pt shooter. Looks the part of a scorer.

Ace E.Anderson
06-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Austin Rivers would also be a great addition. Type of scorer we desperately need

BornReady#6
06-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Damian Lillard....... dude will be special :)

This, lillard is gonna be sick.

PacerGuy
06-26-2012, 11:27 PM
HUGE DRAFT NIGHT TRADE

DANNY GRANGER & DARREN COLLISON TO THE KINGS

ERIC GORDON & 10TH (AUSTIN RIVERS) PICK IN DRAFT TO INDY JARRED SULLINGER FALLS TO INDY AT 26

TYREKE EVANS & 5TH PICK (KID GILCHRIST) TO NEW ORLEANS

This aint gonna happen, but something like it would do it for me.
Not sure I go Rivers there though. Move it for a team offering a solid vet (Tyler/#10 for J.Smith).
Just Dreaming... :-)

CooperManning
06-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Super secret wish: trade out of the draft for a pick that will end up being in the mid-teens next year.

Then, one of two options:

Package a combination of mid-teens pick, our '13 pick, and DC or Tyler at the trade deadline for a solid player.

or

Use the mid-teens pick and our '13 pick to move up in next year's draft.

croz24
06-26-2012, 11:35 PM
MKG

pwee31
06-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Wouldn't mind dealing DC to move up in the draft.

Trade DC & 26 to Portland for Jamal Crawford & #11

Trade DC & 26 to New Orleans for Jarrett Jack & #12

Gives us a little guard insurance, and also allows us to move in lottery to get a depth up front. Zeller, Henson, Leonard, Perry Jones III

Indyev07
06-26-2012, 11:48 PM
My really awesome wish would be ... Trade DG& 26 pick for EG, get DJ White from wherever he is, Get rid of PG, Dante, Lance, PSycho T, for 3 picks in next years draft. Then draft Cody Zeller, CWatford, & Jordy Hulls... No need for any Boiler bashers here! HEHEE

Dr. Awesome
06-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Trade up for Kendall Marshall or Meyers Leonard.

Young
06-27-2012, 12:07 AM
If the Pacers stay at 26 there are a few players I like. I think Orlando Johnson, Jeff Taylor, Doron Lamb, Draymond Green, or maybe Marquis Teague would make decent selections at 26. I know some people like the idea of one of the Baylor forwards, Quincy Miller or Perry Jones. I say no way to Perry Jones. He is talented but if reports that he is unmotivated I say no way. Quincy Miller is about the only "swing for the fences" player in this draft that I think is worth taking a chance on whether you take him at 26 (I have doubts he is there at 26) or move up to get him.

Hicks
06-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Trade up for Marshall and/or Zeller.

indyman37
06-27-2012, 01:30 AM
Kendall Marshall. I've had a gut feeling about him and I really believe he could do well here.

Gotta agreed with Hicks as well, Zeller would also be awesome.

Kraft
06-27-2012, 01:36 AM
A second-rounder to pick Robbie Hummel. Easiest player to root for you'll find.

Measured well, worked out well. A knock-down shooter from mid-range back to the 3-point line. Knows how to play the game. Sets screens, moves without the ball. Should be a decent rebounder because he knows how to do it correctly and is an OK athlete.

oz_pacer
06-27-2012, 02:18 AM
Brad beal

imbtyler
06-27-2012, 02:54 AM
Don't really care how it's done, but...

1. Perry Jones III
2. Kendall Marshall
3. Austin Rivers

PaceBalls
06-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Zeller

ballism
06-27-2012, 04:39 AM
Sullinger.

or PJ3.
or Royce White. My hope is that we get an offensively gifted backup big man from this draft, a long term upgrade to Tyler.

I wish we traded up to ~no.18 and just took whoever drops.

Jeremy
06-27-2012, 07:40 AM
MKG.

idioteque
06-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Realistically, my secret wish is trading the pick for Lebron

Jeremy
06-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Realistically, my secret wish is trading the pick for Lebron

:laugh:

Heisenberg
06-27-2012, 09:04 AM
If we stick at 26, Will Barton. Surprised he hasn't gotten more hype, kid made HUGE strides in his sophomore year.

Major Cold
06-27-2012, 09:26 AM
MKG is my wish. Trade up to get him. Buy another pick and have Sullinger or Jones.

Get a second round pick and get either Doron Lamb, Darius Miles, Festus Ezeli, Miles Plumlee, Khris Middelton, or Kyle O'Quin.

will567
06-27-2012, 10:29 AM
DANNY GRANGER & DARREN COLLISON TO THE KINGS TYREKE EVANS & 5TH PICK (KID GILCHRIST) TO PACERS

Gamble1
06-27-2012, 10:37 AM

This is mine as well.

I would take Ross over Austin Rivers in a heart beat and I think he would be worth trading Collision for as well but I would want a second round pick in return to get a backup pg like Machado or someone like Tomas Satornasky.

Heisenberg
06-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Also be pretty pumped if we make a push for Alexy Shved. Pritchard's not afraid to go the Euro route.

Naptown_Seth
06-27-2012, 10:50 AM
John Jenkins

I know people talk Ray Allen with Beal, but to me Jenkins step back jumper and quickness with his cross-over are more Ray Ray to me (in that one way - shooter, not overall talent of course).

I know he can't defend or really score off the dribble (other than the mentioned moves) but it's 26th and you need a better bench scorer than playoffs-Barbosa.

Funny how people are starting to turn on Tyler and are ready to trade him. Things like plateau being said. Sounds familiar. You've really got to be careful when speculating on additional changes a player will make. Guys tend to be who they are and usually only tighten up already basically established playing styles/moves.

Roy is still awkward and not laterally quick, for example. His improvement is in dialing in his post-scoring to make it more reliable and his shot blocking.

These prospects might be quick or show hops in workouts, but if they aren't already making NBA caliber moves in some way then you shouldn't expect them to develop them very much. Every year people act like there are 40 NBA players in the draft and the stats say this is not reasonable to think.

I just hope Indy gets lucky and finds their way into one of the 13-15 quality players.

TheDon
06-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Lillard I think he could run the point and add more swagger to our team. He's very humble and a very hard worker between him and roy would really set the tone for our franchise for years to come.

Sparhawk
06-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Lillard I think he could run the point and add more swagger to our team. He's very humble and a very hard worker between him and roy would really set the tone for our franchise for years to come.

I'd love to get him, but not sure how the Pacers could pull it off.

Trophy
06-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Trade up for Marshall and/or Zeller.

Kendall Marshall defines point guard. Very much a Mark Jackson type of PG.

I like him, but I wouldn't be mad with Machado either, realistically where we currently sit in the draft.

PacerPenguins
06-27-2012, 02:10 PM
trade Dc Hans and 26th to toronto for the 8th pick. Draft Lillard. Trade our 2013 1st rounder to Houston for the 18th. Draft Fab Melo. Resign Hibbert and George Hill. Sign Brandon Bass. sign Delonte West as a backup PG

Lillard/Delonte West/Hill
PG/Hill
Granger/DJ
West/Bass
Hibbert/Melo

Lance George
06-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Jenkins looks a lot closer to Jodie Meeks than Ray Allen. Excellent shooter and college scorer, but his lack of physical gifts and one-dimensional game will likely prevent him from becoming anything special in the NBA. Maybe he exceeds expectations and becomes another Marcus Thornton, but calling him another Ray Allen is worse than calling Michael Beasley the next Karl Malone.

Anyway, my secret(?) draft wish is that we swindle some team and trade up to acquire an NBA-ready impact player.

Damien Lillard would probably be the most reasonable option considering:

(a) He's projected at a slot that's a realistic destination (mid-lottery).
(b) He's a junior, about to turn 22, and has an NBA-ready body.
(c) Between D.C. possibly being moved and Hill's blandness, there could be a starting job waiting for him if he's as impressive as advertised.

2minutes twoa
06-27-2012, 02:46 PM
1. Trade up to get Lilliard. 2. Trade up to get Kendall Marshall or Zeller. 3. If they stay at 26 Barton would be nice.

Speed
06-27-2012, 02:47 PM
I will say this much, its not what DA has in his latest mock draft, trading the 26 pick for 3 million dollars.

The Sleeze
06-27-2012, 03:06 PM
I usually just dismiss whatever David Aldridge says about the draft....last year he had us taking Nolan Smith in his mock....at 15!!

Slick Pinkham
06-27-2012, 03:16 PM
DC plus #26 for #10, intending to take Rivers, but Dion Waiters slides and we get him,

Then we trade Hans for a late 1st and Sullinger slides to where we get him,

Then we purchase two seconds and get a shooter and a legit backup big, Jenkins and Plumlee

Then Steve Nash is signed.

Nash/Hill/AJ or Lance
PG/Waiters/Jenkins
Danny/PG/Dahntay
West/Sullinger/Lou
Hibbert/Plumlee

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://www.fanserviceftw.com/gallery/_images/7feaf4530fd50962f66b187f563ef2e9/6893%20-%20anger_management%20animated_gif%20jack_nicholso n%20reaction_image.gif&size=400x1000

iogyhufi
06-27-2012, 03:42 PM
I will say this much, its not what DA has in his latest mock draft, trading the 26 pick for 3 million dollars.

:wtf2:

Indyfan505
06-27-2012, 04:00 PM
mine would probably be hans + collison for 10th then draft john henson and jenkins

Speed
06-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Fetus Ezeli, so I can say Fetus for the rest of us, everytime he does anything whatsoever.

Indyev07
06-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Trade DG/dc/pg/and th for EG and 3 1st rounders next year, and then draft CZeller, CWatford, and JHulls. Then add Dj White from wherever he's at! No need for any pukie bashers on my wish! :-p

_The_Future_
06-28-2012, 09:02 AM
My WISH would be to trade DC and #26 to NO for #10 and Gustavo Ayon.

_The_Future_
06-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Also, I think trading up (without giving up too much) to take a chance on Drummond wouldnt be too bad of an idea.

_The_Future_
06-28-2012, 09:06 AM
But since NO traded Okafor , I dont think they can afford to give up a big man and not receive one in return. Maybe send Pendergraph as a kicker? :)

LG33
06-28-2012, 09:06 AM
My secret draft wish is that we don't lose Darren Collison tonight.

Hypnotiq
06-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Quincy Miller pls

backup for danny

Sparhawk
06-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Only trade DC if the Pacers can actually get a point to fit our system (whether through the draft or FA). I think Lillard is an ideal match, but is it possible to trade up for him?

No to Austin Rivers and Draymond Green.

I'd prefer Hans to be traded for a very late first at least. I'm fine with Pends taking his place.
Buy OKC #28 pick if the Pacers use the 26 to trade up. I'd def like to get Quincy Miller if he's still there at 28. I'm sure OKC would not mind selling their pick.

If the Pacers walk out of the draft with Lillard or Zeller after they move up, I'd say that is a huge win. Also, draft Quincy Miller. Since the Pacers have DJ, they can let Quincy take a year to fully heal the knee and work on his game (similarly with what we did with Lance). Quincy could pay off huge dividends in a year or two.

The Sleeze
06-28-2012, 10:06 AM
http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/06/28/12/Bird-to-take-final-shot-at-Draft/landing_pacers.html?blockID=753066&feedID=4106

"This is Larry's draft," Pritchard said. "He has prepared. I've helped him prepare but he's going to call the shots. My job with him is to be supportive and get him the information so it's a little different. I'm not walking into a draft that I've prepared for all year as the decision-maker. Larry's making that decision and my job is to support.

"Could there be activity? Absolutely. Do I expect it? Not quite that much."

Really?
06-28-2012, 10:14 AM
http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/06/28/12/Bird-to-take-final-shot-at-Draft/landing_pacers.html?blockID=753066&feedID=4106

Humm that is interesting, so basically he sounds as if we are only making a trade if someone we really like slips, that is my extrapolation of that comment.

PacerPenguins
06-28-2012, 10:16 AM

To hear Bird tell it, the voice that really matters most belongs to Susy Fischer, his executive assistant:

"I can't wait to go in and say, 'Susy, are you pumped up for the draft?' like I did two years ago when she said, 'Only if Paul George slides to 10 and you take him, I'll be pumped up.'

"Last year we had the 15th pick and I walked in and she said, 'Have you talked to San Antonio?' And I said, 'Why?' She said, 'It's time to bring George Hill home.' So I made the call and we made the trade.

"About two weeks later, I walk into my office and she goes, 'When's the last time you talked to David West's agent?' I said 'About two weeks ago.' She said 'I'll get him on the phone.' So I think Susy's got something planned and we'll have a good draft.

:champagne

Really?
06-28-2012, 10:20 AM
:champagne

Extension?

J7F
06-28-2012, 10:21 AM
I like the idea of trading DC & 26 for 10 to obtain Rivers... I feel he will be one of the best pros from this class...

PacerPenguins
06-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Extension?

Its from the same article, yes and also in the article it talks about us possibly trading up to the 10th or 11th spot

SYDNEY MILLER AUSTRALIA31
06-28-2012, 10:26 AM
I got a funny feeling pacers will trade granger to bobcats for the number 2 pick and they select beal with it. Just a feeling thats coming through. Lol

3rdStrike
06-28-2012, 10:39 AM
I got a funny feeling pacers will trade granger to bobcats for the number 2 pick and they select beal with it. Just a feeling thats coming through. Lol

That would be excellent for our mid to long term prospects for contending in the East. I was just half-entertaining that thought as I read how the Bobcats have nothing left at the SF position now... as much as I rag on Granger I wouldn't give him away for nothing, but for Bradley Beal I'd throw in Tyler Hansbrough, he's a real keeper Jordan! ...and yeah, I'd take back Tyrus Thomas if need be. He's basically a pricier Hansbrough.

Really?
06-28-2012, 10:44 AM

I would hate that, better value I think trading a for a pick higher than 2, Rather Draft Ross at 10 thank Beal at 2

06-28-2012, 10:59 AM
I would hate that, better value I think trading a for a pick higher than 2, Rather Draft Ross at 10 thank Beal at 2

I'm making my own conspiracy, but something came over me, with bird leaving and the front office not as attached to granger with loyalty as bird was. I think something will happen. Maybe just wishful thinking.

06-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Also if the pacers front office is looking to make us championship contenders it makes sense, they move paul George to the 3 and reduce our salary cap by trading granger which might give us more money to spend in free agency. I like granger and his fight but sometimes you have to sacrifice in order to succeed.

Really?
06-28-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm making my own conspiracy, but something came over me, with bird leaving and the front office not as attached to granger with loyalty as bird was. I think something will happen. Maybe just wishful thinking.

Yeah Possibly, but Bird will be in charge of this draft so that would have to wait until next year, or this season.

06-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah Possibly, but Bird will be in charge of this draft so that would have to wait until next year, or this season.

That's what makes me think even more into it. That's why bird wants to draft to leave his legacy and what he pulled off. Only time will tell. I think I'm starting to believe my own ********. But I thought I'd throw it out their.

sav
06-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Tyler Zeller.

The Pacers need a Center. Tyler can be a back up Center to Hibbert for 2-3 years, then when West moves on he can move over to starting PF. He can play 20-24 mpg at PF and 15-16 mpg as back-up Center. Hansbrough can fill in the other 24-28 mpg at PF, unless we find someone better.