PDA

View Full Version : A Look At Pritchard's GM Philosiphy

Larry Staverman
06-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Interesting interview with Prichard about his time in Portland!

http://media.oregonlive.com/john_canzano_impact/audio/Kevin%20Pritchard%20on%20BFT.mp3

DrFife
06-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Such a strong endorsement of Greg Oden. Some of us seem to hate the idea of "wasting" money on a broken-down player. Then again, some of us seem to think the Pacers have no hope of ever winning a championship. A few risks must be taken, perhaps; some money must be thrown at long-shots. Yet if KP were to leverage his ties to sign Oden (and Brandon Roy?), even for peanuts, sneers would abound. Oh, but who among you wouldn't be totally juiced if in, say, two years, we're preparing to meet our nemesis (The Heat) in the conference finals with Oden firmly placed in the rotation....

BlueNGold
06-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Such a strong endorsement of Greg Oden. Some of us seem to hate the idea of "wasting" money on a broken-down player. Then again, some of us seem to think the Pacers have no hope of ever winning a championship. A few risks must be taken, perhaps; some money must be thrown at long-shots. Yet if KP were to leverage his ties to sign Oden (and Brandon Roy?), even for peanuts, sneers would abound. Oh, but who among you wouldn't be totally juiced if in, say, two years, we're preparing to meet our nemesis (The Heat) in the conference finals with Oden firmly placed in the rotation....

We would kill Miami with a healthy Oden and Brandon Roy in two years. .......of course, I give that as much chance as J Bender arriving here in Indy...

Eleazar
06-26-2012, 09:05 PM
I will give any player a chance at the right price, for players who have injury concerns the price is a lot lower than a healthy player, but there is always the right price. In the case of Gordon that price is probably too high, in the case of Oden though that price might be similar to the maximum amount he could get.

cdash
06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
I can sum it up in one word: Aggressive.

tadscout
06-26-2012, 09:40 PM

http://media.oregonlive.com/john_canzano_impact/audio/Kevin%20Pritchard%20on%20BFT.mp3

Thanks, I enjoyed listening to that... I really admire his approach and looking forward to him as our GM.
I hope we see some Pritch-slaps Thursday night!

Hicks
06-26-2012, 10:10 PM

I feel a little better after listening to that.

RWB
06-26-2012, 10:20 PM
We would kill Miami with a healthy Oden and Brandon Roy in two years. .......of course, I give that as much chance as J Bender arriving here in Indy...

Of course Walsh is also the person to give Bender a second chance and was willing to bring in Shawne Williams for a year with the Knicks. Donnie is all about redemption.

CableKC
06-27-2012, 02:01 AM
So, you're saying there's still a chance?