PDA

View Full Version : Pacers private workout, prolly picking.....

BornReady#6
06-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Draymond Green. Dizam :rolleyes:

It starting to sound like this is the floor for Green and he could come in and produce right away.

http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/6/25/3115186/breaking-news-pacers-have-private-workout-that-will-decide-pick

no thnx

tadscout
06-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Purely speculation.

CableKC
06-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Here's a comment ( more speculation ) from IndyCornRows from the same article.

http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/6/25/3115186/breaking-news-pacers-have-private-workout-that-will-decide-pick

Could this mean that we had it wrong the whole time? Instead of Darren Collison, could it be Tyler Hansbrough that will be on the move on Thursday night or this Summer? It sure seems like it if the Pacers take Green at 26.

Again, speculation....but it makes sense that Hansbrough would be more expendable than DC. Given the potential uncertainty of what will happen with GH ( yes, I still think that Bird will match pretty much any offer that he gets ), I can see DC only being moved if we somehow get a replacement for him ( Lillard...unlikely....Marshall....possibly...Teagu e, Worten or Taylor ).

imbtyler
06-25-2012, 08:48 PM
In the words of @mikeyism:

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/jjtapia/1279720575864.gif

CableKC
06-25-2012, 08:51 PM
To be fair....the IndyCornRow article was just re-iterating what Ford was saying. Private workouts with Green, Taylor, Worten and English. It doesn't mean that Green is the only guy actually working out......just that the writer of the article thinks that it's Green....not that the Pacers will likely draft him.

imbtyler
06-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Regardless, I was incredibly disappointed when Hansbrough was picked at #15, because of all that we'd heard. Hopefully, this is just another smokescreen, or speculation, but if I hear "with the 26th pick in the NBA draft, the Indiana Pacers select Draymond Green from who gives a **** university", I'm going to burn down whichever bar whose draft party I attend. That is, until I hear that we traded up for Austin Rivers, Perry Jones, or someone (ANYONE) better than Green.

The only Green I want is Gerald. Now THERE'S a go-to scorer with athleticism, a shooting stroke, and moderate veteranship.

gummy
06-25-2012, 08:56 PM
After reading TBird's write-up I have to ask...he can come in and produce WHAT, right away? A few rebounds, some really good block outs, and..."intangibles"?

Oh well. The draft is clearly not going to have an impact on our team if the only thing we do is select at our #.

Justin Tyme
06-25-2012, 09:29 PM
The only Green I want is Gerald. Now THERE'S a go-to scorer with athleticism, a shooting stroke, and moderate veteranship.

A couple of years ago I mentioned getting Gerald Green. I was scoffed at and raked over the coals for bringing it up. Like you, I would like to see Gerald G in a Pacers uni. I don't feel the Nets will let him get away. I feel he'd be a valued and productive player for the Pacers.

Psyren
06-25-2012, 09:44 PM
It appears a lot of people around here have a crystal ball that others dont have.

Some of you are so confident Green will fail that its almost like you can read the future.

I do like him, but I certainly see the concerns. However, the way it seems hes getting treated like the worst player in this draft when no ones even watched a second of him in the NBA.

Sparhawk
06-25-2012, 09:57 PM
A couple of years ago I mentioned getting Gerald Green. I was scoffed at and raked over the coals for bringing it up. Like you, I would like to see Gerald G in a Pacers uni. I don't feel the Nets will let him get away. I feel he'd be a valued and productive player for the Pacers.

Don't the Nets have Morrow under contract? On top of that they have Brooks. Pacers can have Brooks for Hans if they really want to keep Green.

Kegboy
06-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Draymond Green from who gives a **** university

Is that supposed to be some kind of knock against State, or are you so vehemently opposed to someone who you don't even know where they played?

imbtyler
06-25-2012, 10:29 PM
It appears a lot of people around here have a crystal ball that others dont have.

Some of you are so confident Green will fail that its almost like you can read the future.

I do like him, but I certainly see the concerns. However, the way it seems hes getting treated like the worst player in this draft when no ones even watched a second of him in the NBA.

I didn't have to watch a second of Tyler Hansbrough in the NBA to know that it was not going to be a great choice. Let's see, a 6'7", 236-pound (with 11.3% body fat) player who plays PF? His skills are, what, leadership and high motor? Noooooo thank you. I'd prefer someone with TALENT and ATHLETICISM, as well as height! to be our back-up PF. This guy, like others have said, is a DJ White-type. He'll be a rotational role player, at absolute best, but we need to be looking for the "next big thing" to be able to take over when David West's time in Indy is done.

I hope I'm wrong, especially if (by the gift of Satan) we draft him. But I really hope this is just another smokescreen. Our starting SG would be taller than our back-up PF (you know, like the situation we have already). That's not something I want. If we stay at #26, go for Tyshawn Taylor or someone who can actually contribute. I don't need a crystal ball to know that Green will NOT be a good player in the NBA. Sorry.

PacersHomer
06-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Ugh, please know.

Psyren
06-26-2012, 12:16 AM
I didn't have to watch a second of Tyler Hansbrough in the NBA to know that it was not going to be a great choice. Let's see, a 6'7", 236-pound (with 11.3% body fat) player who plays PF? His skills are, what, leadership and high motor? Noooooo thank you. I'd prefer someone with TALENT and ATHLETICISM, as well as height! to be our back-up PF. This guy, like others have said, is a DJ White-type. He'll be a rotational role player, at absolute best, but we need to be looking for the "next big thing" to be able to take over when David West's time in Indy is done.

I hope I'm wrong, especially if (by the gift of Satan) we draft him. But I really hope this is just another smokescreen. Our starting SG would be taller than our back-up PF (you know, like the situation we have already). That's not something I want. If we stay at #26, go for Tyshawn Taylor or someone who can actually contribute. I don't need a crystal ball to know that Green will NOT be a good player in the NBA. Sorry.

Fair enough I suppose.

Lets say we move up in search of our next big guy. Are you honestly convinced that, say, Tyler Zeller or Fab Melo are the "next big things"?

Surely not.

Justin Tyme
06-26-2012, 12:57 AM
Don't the Nets have Morrow under contract? On top of that they have Brooks. Pacers can have Brooks for Hans if they really want to keep Green.

Are thinking they all are SG?

Hoop
06-26-2012, 01:01 AM
26 pick, I'm fine with Draymond Green. We could do much worse.

presto123
06-26-2012, 01:17 AM
I think Austin Rivers is so over-rated.

CableKC
06-26-2012, 02:06 AM
26 pick, I'm fine with Draymond Green. We could do much worse.
Actually, I think that most think that we could probably do better ( which is always the case when it comes to the draft ). Given TBird's and most every one else's assessment.....I'm beginning to think that we probably could and it wouldn't be too hard to do that.

I want a Player that can immediately contribute...but don't want to settle for someone with a potentially low ceiling just because we want to "aim low so that can get a Player that can contribute anything to the bench" when it comes to the draft. This doesn't mean that I want to go off of pure potential...I have ZERO problem with Role Players or even bench Players....it just means that I want a quality Player that can ( as Seth suggests ) do something really well at the NBA level ( if we were to settle for a Role Player that can contribute as a 7th to 8th bench Player ). Green doesn't appear to be that type of guy....he does everything pretty well...but doesn't do anything in particular really well.

imbtyler
06-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Fair enough I suppose.

Lets say we move up in search of our next big guy. Are you honestly convinced that, say, Tyler Zeller or Fab Melo are the "next big things"?

Surely not.

Absolutely not.

However, I do have more faith in Zeller and Melo that they'll become semi-decent players. But I don't want either of them. As I've stated in almost every draft-related post, I heavily favor Perry Jones. Besides him, there are a few others, like Arnett Moultrie. I'd go on and on, including more examples, but it's 2:30am and I have this "sleep" thing I have to address.

Tom White
06-26-2012, 09:03 AM
...He'll be a rotational role player, at absolute best, but we need to be looking for the "next big thing" to be able to take over when David West's time in Indy is done.......

You're not going to find "the next big thing" at number 26 in this draft.

imbtyler
06-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Is that supposed to be some kind of knock against State, or are you so vehemently opposed to someone who you don't even know where they played?

To be honest, I was just too lazy to find out where he played before making my statement; not a common symptom, as I usually do even a little research every time I post. However, now that I know he played for Michigan State, I want him even less. Which is saying a lot, because I threatened arson if he got drafted.

Kegboy
06-26-2012, 09:16 AM
To be honest, I was just too lazy to find out where he played before making my statement; not a common symptom, as I usually do even a little research every time I post. However, now that I know he played for Michigan State, I want him even less. Which is saying a lot, because I threatened arson if he got drafted.

Okay, so you're so vehemently opposed to someone you've never seen play. Gotcha.

Ace E.Anderson
06-26-2012, 09:35 AM
You're not going to find "the next big thing" at number 26 in this draft.

No, but you can certainly do better than a small, unathletic tweener, who most project will not be a top 8 rotational player in the league.

Derek2k3
06-26-2012, 09:43 AM
After reading TBird's write-up I have to ask...he can come in and produce WHAT, right away? A few rebounds, some really good block outs, and..."intangibles"?

Oh well. The draft is clearly not going to have an impact on our team if the only thing we do is select at our #.

Given what we've been getting from the backup 4 last season, that sounds pretty good to me.

It's like the majority of the detractors didn't watch any B1G basketball this season. The guy can flat out ball. He handles the ball like a guard, makes decisions like a PG, has incredibly good passing skills, always gets to the right spots, has a very high "basketball IQ".

****, Tom Izzo thinks the world of this guy, and Green produced for him. No, he likely won't be a dominant player in this league. But, he's an extremely solid player, smart/mature, a winner. He can shoot, drive, pass, and defend.

You can do way, WAY worse with the 26th pick.

EDIT: 16/10/4 isn't bad at all, especially when you consider the level of competition in the B1G (Sullinger/Myers-Leonard/Zeller)

Justin Tyme
06-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Given what we've been getting from the backup 4 last season, that sounds pretty good to me.

It's like the majority of the detractors didn't watch any B1G basketball this season. The guy can flat out ball. He handles the ball like a guard, makes decisions like a PG, has incredibly good passing skills, always gets to the right spots, has a very high "basketball IQ".

****, Tom Izzo thinks the world of this guy, and Green produced for him. No, he likely won't be a dominant player in this league. But, he's an extremely solid player, smart/mature, a winner. He can shoot, drive, pass, and defend.

You can do way, WAY worse with the 26th pick.

EDIT: 16/10/4 isn't bad at all, especially when you consider the level of competition in the B1G (Sullinger/Myers-Leonard/Zeller)

I could counter that Hansbrough with all his college accomplishments, and his game hasn't translated that well to the NBA.

The Pacers need a PF who is just that a POWER FORWARD. Green doesn't fit that description. One small PF who isn't a POWER FORWARD is more than enough.

90'sNBARocked
06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Semantics

I highly doubt whomever we pick at #26 is going to have much of an impact next year. I would rather we moved the pick and a player for another veteran who could help us immediately

trey
06-26-2012, 05:17 PM
I kinda like the looks of green. He's got a big body and can post up and pass very well from the post, and seems like he's really strong. I'd like to see what he's capable of.

PGisthefuture
06-26-2012, 05:21 PM
I kinda like the looks of green. He's got a big body and can post up and pass very well from the post, and seems like he's really strong. I'd like to see what he's capable of.

Yeah, just what I saw from the videos in that link I don't think I would be mad if we got him. I don't watch much college basketball so I don't know much about him. He looks like a decent shooter for a big man.

Ratking
06-27-2012, 01:33 PM
I dont see how he can help us against the Heat, unless he can promote ball movement off the bench. I do like that he has range to the college three. I think I'd rather have Wroten or Jeff Taylor if available. Given time, I think Wroten could possibly develop to be the distributor we need, and can develop behind GH or DC. Also, could be a great defender at the next level. Our bigs would love to play with a PG like him, I think: drive and dish vision and not a constant defensive liability. Range is a major concern, as are turnovers. But, might turn out to be this years Rondo.