PDA

View Full Version : Time for predictions! Who does Indy draft on draft night? :D

BornReady
06-25-2012, 07:47 AM
This is all for fun, don't feel like you absolutely need to get it right, or that you have to see how everything turns out before making the decision!

I think Indy is going to draft Doron Lamb :)

What do you all think?

Steagles
06-25-2012, 07:59 AM
We already have this thread. It's called: "Whos the Pick?"

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=73250

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

Jeremy
06-25-2012, 08:01 AM
I don't think we will be picking at #26.

Mourning
06-25-2012, 08:20 AM
I think we will try to trade up, but it's always tricky and difficult to do so without shelving out wayyy too much. With that in mind I think DC is getting undervalued by a lot of people currently. Yes, I know this is the last year we will have him on his rookie salary, but wouldnt it make more sense to waite trading DC untill Hill has a contract or leaves? That's unless we plan to draft a PG. Anyhow that's just my :twocents:.

Either way I think we will try to get an extra backup big man who we can develop behind Tyler and David. IF Tyler sucks this year we could have his replacement indoors allready. IF Tyler pans out and has a really nice year we could decide to let David walk next year and we would atleast have one backup big man on the team allready.

I say we draft... Fab Melo (we need a player who can play D and backup Roy adequately, especially if we face the Heat again next year, but with Bosh for the whole series) or Royce White.

Jeremy
06-25-2012, 09:21 AM
I think we will try to trade up, but it's always tricky and difficult to do so without shelving out wayyy too much. With that in mind I think DC is getting undervalued by a lot of people currently. Yes, I know this is the last year we will have him on his rookie salary, but wouldnt it make more sense to waite trading DC untill Hill has a contract or leaves? That's unless we plan to draft a PG. Anyhow that's just my :twocents:.

Either way I think we will try to get an extra backup big man who we can develop behind Tyler and David. IF Tyler sucks this year we could have his replacement indoors allready. IF Tyler pans out and has a really nice year we could decide to let David walk next year and we would atleast have one backup big man on the team allready.

I say we draft... Fab Melo (we need a player who can play D and backup Roy adequately, especially if we face the Heat again next year, but with Bosh for the whole series) or Royce White.
Royce will not be there at 26 so unless we move up to get him it's not gonna happen. Celtics promised they will take him at 21. As for Fab Melo, he is going to be good but unless we lose Hibbert I don't see us picking him.

PacersHomer
06-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Trade up for Marshall or Zeller. Hopefully the former.

PacerPenguins
06-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Zeller after trading up

Pacersalltheway10
06-25-2012, 09:56 AM
I hope we get Lillard.

Ace E.Anderson
06-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Zeller after trading up

I see us either trading up to take Zeller, or staying where we are and taking Jeff Taylor.

Marquis Teague or Tyshaun Taylor are wild-cards if we end up moving DC.

There are so many variables that depend on, who goes where and whether or not we move up.

BringJackBack
06-25-2012, 10:14 AM
I think we will go after a player with a high motor, and a special skill that we need if we trade up such as Austin Rivers, Tyler Zeller, John Henson, or Kendall Marshall (Though Marshall isn't known for a special motor).

I also think we will look to acquire a pick to get Jared Sullinger, but so will a couple of other teams so we will see. A cash considerations type deal.

Then with the 26 pick, if we still have it, we will go for the best player available.

Those are our objectives in my opinion, but what I think we will actually do is make trade up with DC and our current pick to try to draft Austin Rivers or Kendall Marshall (Whoever is on board), while buying another pick for either Jared Sullinger or Royce White (Once again, whoever is on board). If we like Evan Fournier, we will take him... Could use a sixth man wing.

Big opportunity to solidify some of our weaknesses very cheap, with potential.

owl
06-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Zeller after trading up

Agree with this. If stay put then take Draymon Green or Doron Lamb.

Justin Tyme
06-25-2012, 10:22 AM
If stay put then take Draymon Green or Doron Lamb.

DX mock of yesterday has the Pacers taking Draymond Green.

Justin Tyme
06-25-2012, 10:28 AM
while buying another pick.

It ain't hap'n with Herb Simon's money!

PacersHomer
06-25-2012, 10:35 AM
I feel like Draymond Green is too obvious of a pick to happen. He seems like a guy that Bird would love. I don't love him as a pro at all, but I could see how Larry would. I'm sticking with trade up though.

Ace E.Anderson
06-25-2012, 10:51 AM
I feel like Draymond Green is too obvious of a pick to happen. He seems like a guy that Bird would love. I don't love him as a pro at all, but I could see how Larry would. I'm sticking with trade up though.

Unfortunately I agree with you, Green is the type of guy that Bird would like. I hope and pray however that we DO NOT take Green. He will be a marginal NBA player at best, and there is definitely talent to be had at that 26th pick. The last thing we need is a small, un-athletic tweener simply because he has good "basketball IQ" and "winning pedigree". We need to be looking to add talented players that add an NBA trait (defense, athleticism, size, shooting, etc) that we otherwise lacked previously.

LazyDaze
06-25-2012, 11:11 AM
imo we go big. We may need a true point guard but as long as DC and GH are on the team, this is not an immediate need right now.
Roy needs a compliment big man. Our 2nd team suffered horribly from not having anyone down low that could post up. This seemed
to put the scoring responsibility on DC and I just don't think he can give you that game in and game out.
If Fab is there , you have to consider him. This fits our smash mouth basketball approach to play inside out with our 2nd team.

Lance George
06-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Move Up: Terrence Jones
Stay Put: Draymond Green

sav
06-25-2012, 11:32 AM
It will be like deja vu all over again. The Pacers will trade their pick for a young veteran.

90'sNBARocked
06-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Stay Put : Miles Pulmbee (sp?)
Trade up: Kendall Marshall

LazyDaze
06-25-2012, 11:46 AM
just wanted to add: a big like Fab would allow us to move Tyler in a potential trade as we have both Lou and Jeff P than can go back to their natural positions. If Lou can continue to hit the open J like he did to some regularity in the playoffs, we will not miss Tyler. They both are very scrappy and Jeff P might develop into a solid 3rd option at PF.

graphic-er
06-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Following 3 options
1. Trade up using DC +26th to get Tyler Zeller, which is somewhat of a disappointment because I think Cody Zeller is going to be better next year. I could see us taking a Point like Marshall to play behind Hill for a couple of years.
2. Stay put and hope that Fab Melo drops to us.
3. A Blockbuster deal involving DC + PG+ 26 for Eric Gordon.

I don't see us making another trade like last year where we get a guy who is approaching RFA like Hill.

Realistically I'm not sure how much drafting a Big is a priority though because we have both Jeff P and Fesenko we can use, both did not get any sort of a fair shake last season. Jeff P. was still rehabbing his injury at the beginning of the season.

pacer4ever
06-25-2012, 12:01 PM

:puke: 2 players I want no part of

Sparhawk
06-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Unfortunately I agree with you, Green is the type of guy that Bird would like. I hope and pray however that we DO NOT take Green. He will be a marginal NBA player at best, and there is definitely talent to be had at that 26th pick. The last thing we need is a small, un-athletic tweener simply because he has good "basketball IQ" and "winning pedigree". We need to be looking to add talented players that add an NBA trait (defense, athleticism, size, shooting, etc) that we otherwise lacked previously.

I disagree. Size in our backcourt was an issue for the Pacers (on the bench), so I doubt they take an undersized PF/C.

Really?
06-25-2012, 01:03 PM
I think one will be there at #26 but if Teague, Miller, Melo, Nicholson, possibly Fournier are gone, I would have no problem trading for both of the Cavs Picks, there is too much quality left to waste it on one pick that will most likely end up being a good backup for two where you could grab a guy who could be a good back up and another with potential.

With guys like Wroten, Barton, Cunningham, Johnson, O'Quinn, Lamb, Miller, Crowder, Gordon or Taylor possibly being available in the 2nd I do not see how you could go wrong.

Sparhawk
06-25-2012, 01:10 PM
I think one will be there at #26 but if Teague, Miller, Melo, Nicholson, possibly Fournier are gone, I would have no problem trading for both of the Cavs Picks, there is too much quality left to waste it on one pick that will most likely end up being a good backup for two where you could grab a guy who could be a good back up and another with potential.

With guys like Wroten, Barton, Cunningham, Johnson, O'Quinn, Lamb, Miller, Crowder, Gordon or Taylor possibly being available in the 2nd I do not see how you could go wrong.

I can see a lot of scenarios for the Pacers, but if they came out of the draft with either Royce White or Jae Crowder in addition to at least another pick, I'll be happy.

Slick Pinkham
06-29-2012, 09:42 PM

wow... good call

Steagles
06-29-2012, 10:16 PM

You sir, are a ****ing prophet.

WhoLovesYaBaby?
06-29-2012, 10:42 PM
I never saw this one coming. Never saw the guy play that I can remember. Thought for sure someone elses name was going to be read.

But what do I know. I'll give him a chance. None of us know what he can and will do.

Hoop
06-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Dude! Go to Vegas, quick.

It ain't hap'n with Herb Simon's money!
Apologize Sir.