PDA

View Full Version : How Eric Gordon can realistically eventually become a Pacer: long term plan

thunderbird1245
06-24-2012, 04:22 PM
There is a lot of talk about Eric Gordon and the potential that he would eventually end up in Indiana. While I have a moment, I wanted to comment some about that. If some of this has been discussed in the myriad of other threads about this topic, I apologize.

First of all, let me break some news:

Eric Gordon told me HIMSELF (last summer, prior to his trade to New Orleans) that he wanted to play in Indiana somehow and become a Pacer,because he felt like his brother Eron needed him to be around as he entered high school. Eric doesn’t know me personally or anything, and he doesn’t know anything about me being a big Pacers fan or anything, he just casually told me this as we were both watching his brother play in a local AAU tournament.Gordon had no reason to lie, and I judge his comment to be both sincere and truthful….he truly does want to be here so he can watch over his younger brother’s career and be close to his family.

So, now he is a restricted free agent, so he has some limited power to try and make that happen. But he is coming off an injury, and his future team has a long term policy set by ownership of not going after restricted free agents. Plus, as an RFA, his current team in New Orleans can match an offer no matter if he wants them to or not, and they appear to have the money to do so.

As an aside, I wonder why their new owner (the NFL Saints owner Tom Benson) would pay big moneyt o Gordon but not to Drew Brees…….I mean, Brees has saved football in the cityand led them to a Super Bowl win, andGordon has no such ties to the city, but I digress…….

So, we appear for the moment to be stalemated by circumstances in New Orleans and with our own need to re-sign Roy Hibbert. It appears as if getting Gordon here will be difficult.

BUT, if Gordon wants to come to Indiana enough, we can make it happen , and here is how:
1. He can accept his one year tender and stay with New Orleans in 2012-2013.

2. If you do that, then, New Orleans will either have to let you play the year out and become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2013, or look to deal you during the season.

3. If you are not traded and stay in New Orleans,have a great year and increase your marketability and leverage next season,plus it gives Indiana time to get David West and others off the books.

4. If New Orleans opts to put you on the trading block, you can refuse any trade just about to anyone but Indiana, since teams already will know from your agent that you won’t sign an extension with them prior to the trade.

5. And if you are traded anyway to a team for a rental, likely it is a team making a deep playoff run for the short term, and you likely will hurt them in the long run anyway by taking their long term assets away from them for a futile playoff run.

It actually is pretty simple. The problem is, for this to work Gordon will need to sacrifice a few million dollars this season, and some long term security in case you get hurt again. Ishe willing to do that?

For Indiana, the future is simple in this case. You sign Eric Gordon, a young potential superstar who wantst o play here, and don’t think twice about what it costs….but not THIS summer, instead do it like I described in the summer of 2013.

Then you slot Gordon into the salary slot of West and Jones, and move on.
You also would have to get creative with your roster to get your best players on the floor, and here is how I would do it for the season of 2013-2014:
PG Assuming you sign Hill reasonably this summer, or otherwise go with Collison and let Hill go.

SG Eric Gordon
SF Paul George
PF Danny Granger
C Roy Hibbert
Your bench is Hansbrough, plus whoever you draft this year and next, plus whatever other cheaper veteran guys you can accumulate.

Yes, I see Granger going forwardas our short term answer to replace David West, going with a smaller, more agile lineup, plus mitigating Granger’s lack of speed going forward by playing him around 20-24 minutes per game at the PF spot in 2013-2014.

Then, in the summer of 2014, you can use Granger’s money to help pay Paul George, plus try and add a more traditional power forward if you haven’t drafted one yet to play his spot.

Thinking 3 steps ahead is what NBA general managers and executives are paid to do…..anybody else think Indiana is already on top of this exact scenario, or something similar?

For you fans of Eric Gordon like I am, I think we will see Eric as a Pacer, but not until July 2013…..we will see if I end up being right.
Tbird

idioteque
06-24-2012, 04:30 PM
I really doubt that Gordon will take a hometown discount to play in Indiana. I fully believe you that he likes Indiana and would possibly even prefer playing here, as I travel to Indiana somewhat frequently and have seen him at the airport a few times. But that's just it, with modern technology and Eric's ability to afford to fly first class to Indy from anywhere in the country anytime he wants, there is no reason for him to feel like he has to be here. He can live in Indy in the offseason (hell, he may do this already) and even if he played for the Pacers he'd be on the road most of the time during the season anyway. I think Eric will come to realize, if he hasn't already, that he is in the position where he can make the best business decision for himself in terms of money and still be in frequent contact with his family. At least if I was his agent, I would be stressing that.

pacer4ever
06-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Not really shocking I was told prior to his break out season with the Clipps he was gonna be a pacer or Bull by his mom. Everyone said i was full of **** then but w/e He will be a Pacer eventually just think he will sign a Max deal with NO then after that deal he would come here. But I was told he would be a Pacer by this summer I just hope some how that happens but realistically I don't see it NO isn't gonna let him gI

Smoothdave1
06-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Eric wants to get paid first and foremost. In a perfect world, that would be in Indy. Yes, he wants to come to the Pacers and his family wants him back here if at all possible. But he's not about to leave money on the table to do so. New Orleans is also not about to allow him to walk without compensation. Besides, he has a pretty aggressive agent (Rob Pelinka) who also represents Kobe, Durant, etc. and will seek out the best deal for Gordon. I could see a few scenarios playing out:

-- A team like Houston or Toronto comes out and offers him some insane deal with a poison pill provision forcing the Hornets to match or pass
-- Gordon plays out this year under a qualifying deal and becomes an UFA next summer
-- Hornets work out a sign-and-trade of some sorts and deal Gordon for picks, young players, etc.
-- Hornets offer Gordon something like a 5 year/60 million dollar deal or something crazy (see scenario 1)

Here's a question: If the Hornets called Bird and said hey, we'll offer you a resigned Gordon for a package of Paul George along with DC and/or the Pacers #1 pick, do you say yes?

PacerPenguins
06-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Eric wants to get paid first and foremost. In a perfect world, that would be in Indy. Yes, he wants to come to the Pacers and his family wants him back here if at all possible. But he's not about to leave money on the table to do so. New Orleans is also not about to allow him to walk without compensation. Besides, he has a pretty aggressive agent (Rob Pelinka) who also represents Kobe, Durant, etc. and will seek out the best deal for Gordon. I could see a few scenarios playing out:

-- A team like Houston or Toronto comes out and offers him some insane deal with a poison pill provision forcing the Hornets to match or pass
-- Gordon plays out this year under a qualifying deal and becomes an UFA next summer
-- Hornets work out a sign-and-trade of some sorts and deal Gordon for picks, young players, etc.
-- Hornets offer Gordon something like a 5 year/60 million dollar deal or something crazy (see scenario 1)

Here's a question: If the Hornets called Bird and said hey, we'll offer you a resigned Gordon for a package of Paul George along with DC and/or the Pacers #1 pick, do you say yes?

:thumbdown

Will Galen
06-24-2012, 05:33 PM

If you have read the latest EG poll you will see that some of us don't want him, unless he come's real cheap, because of his injury history. Time is the only convincer for us!

pogi
06-24-2012, 05:56 PM

I'm not big on Gordon. If I was Bird, I'd say HELL NO!!! Then I'd offer DC, AND ask for their 10th pick...That's how much value Gordon (or any player, for that matter) with a continual injury-bug is worth to me.

imbtyler
06-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Great write-up, Tbird. I agree with most, if not all, of what you said.

However, sorry, but Paul has more upside than EJ at this point, simply due to their age/experience difference, and respective levels of potential. I'm a megafanboy when it comes to Paul George, and I would rather keep him around than bring EJ in to replace him. We have already a pseudo-Gordon right now in Hill, who can play the 2 if Paul switches to the 3 (wherein Granger is traded for a better asset, due to not being vital any longer). That's why we need a point guard who can facilitate. Hill can swich over to the 2, where's more comfortable, and Paul can match up people his own size (not necessary, per se, but doable in the right scenario).

I'm not trying to get Granger out of Indy, but he's kind of losing his luster. And if Bird is just holding onto him because he "endured the bad times with us", then that's kind of pathetic. I know Bird wants to have a team that's built, not bought, but trading is part of building. And if Granger leaving can get us decent assets (in a perfect world), then there's no reason why we shouldn't do it. Maybe Danny wants to play in his home of New Orleans. Maybe he wants to go to a team where his playing style will be more appreciated (what's a team that likes handleless forwards who shoot first and pass later?). Maybe he wants to stick around, where the security of his job is intact. I don't know. I digress...

I, like many others here, would like to see EJ in the blue and gold, sooner rather than later. However, I don't want it to happen until he's proven to be back in shape, playing through injuries (or not having them), and scoring relentlessly, like the EJ we know. If he remains healthy, he's a way better first option than Granger, and that will leave Paul to come into his own at the 3. Even Hill can start at PG in this scenario (pending a lack of another point guard pickup).

However, above all, I would much rather just get a point guard who can produce and facilitate (Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Kendall Marshall, Tyshawn Taylor?, etc.), a backup true PF/C who is taller, more skilled, and more athletic than Hansbrough (examples include Earl Clark, Brandon Bass, Perry Jones III, Arnett Moultrie?, Andrew Nicholson?, etc.), and an empty-the-clip scorer off the bench (Austin Rivers, Jamal Crawford, Orlando Johnson, etc.). Those three spots are much more important than getting a new starting SG, in my opinion.

Strummer
06-24-2012, 06:10 PM
It actually is pretty simple. The problem is, for this to work Gordon will need to sacrifice a few million dollars this season, and some long term security in case you get hurt again. Ishe willing to do that?

What if the Pacers offer him a 1 year contract for as much as they can under the CBA? If the Hornets match that, wouldn't he be an unrestricted free agent the following year? It seems like that might be a solution to keep him from sacrificing money this season but still allow him to come here the next season.

CableKC
06-24-2012, 07:47 PM
i think that the easiest and most likely route is that EJ will take a RFA contract with the Hornets and have a Player option after his 3rd season where he can opt out to be UFA. I don't see an injured plagued Player like EJ taking a Qualifying offer and risk a short 1 year contract. It would make more sense to take a long term contract and then opt out after getting paid.

shags
06-24-2012, 07:49 PM
What if the Pacers offer him a 1 year contract for as much as they can under the CBA? If the Hornets match that, wouldn't he be an unrestricted free agent the following year? It seems like that might be a solution to keep him from sacrificing money this season but still allow him to come here the next season.

I didn't know this before looking, but an offer sheet must be for at least 2 seasons. http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q43

Dr. Awesome
06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Holy ****.

DrFife
06-24-2012, 10:32 PM
To me , this lingering possibility (annoyingly so) strengthens the conjecture that we're going to improve our front court, either through a draft selection or through a trade. We then will try to improve at other positions (be it Gordon or whomever) through free agency.

CJ Jones
06-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I know most here won't like the idea of Granger at the 4, but I think in today's NBA it could work well. They sure would be more exciting to watch offensively, and we'd probably be a better defensive team as well. Of course, this is assuming Gordon can stay healthy. I understand the concerns of some folks here, but I'd be willing to take the risk because, well, it's not my money :), I don't see any other potential superstars looking to play in Indiana, and it's my belief we're gonna need more talent to compete for a title.

Holy ****.

I can't figure out why the Gordon stuff bothers people here. I haven't heard about any of his injuries being chronic so what's the problem? Are you saying he doesn't have superstar talent and that we're just infatuated with him because of the IU ties? If that's the case... you're wrong.

Eleazar
06-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Eric wants to get paid first and foremost. In a perfect world, that would be in Indy. Yes, he wants to come to the Pacers and his family wants him back here if at all possible. But he's not about to leave money on the table to do so.

I absolutely hate when people say stuff like this like they actually know the guy, and like every single player in the NBA only cares about money and nothing else. It is so ridiculously untrue it is absurd that people think this. While yes there are players that only care about the money, I would venture to say the majority would take less money to play where they want and/or play for a championship.

Lurkster
06-24-2012, 11:19 PM
I can't figure out why the Gordon stuff bothers people here. I haven't heard about any of his injuries being chronic so what's the problem? Are you saying he doesn't have superstar talent and that we're just infatuated with him because of the IU ties? If that's the case... you're wrong.

Yes and yes

Kstat
06-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Gordon has some talent but if you the there is any other fanbase in the NBA (including new Orleans) that cares this much about getting him, you're wrong.

If Gordon isn't a hometown guy, nobody cares. That's just reality.

ECKrueger
06-24-2012, 11:35 PM

Partially because it has been talked about countless times, and partly because it still has a decent chance of not happening. I don't think he has superstar talent either really. Star, yes. Any way, talent isn't the issue, as it doesn't matter if he isn't on the court. Also, I think he definitely gets a little more attention because of the iu ties. People might not value him more highly, but I don't think we'd discuss this as much if it weren't for that.

Gordon has some talent but if you the there is any other fanbase in the NBA (including new Orleans) that cares this much about getting him, you're wrong.

Exactly.

CJ Jones
06-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Yes and yes

If you don't think EJ has the talent to be a perennial all-star in this league I'm not sure what to tell you.

The IU thing is ridiculous. Of course there's gonna be some homers making silly threads about him, but for the most part this is a group of knowledgeable bball fans and for people to say that the college he went to is the main reason people want him here is crap IMO. Heck, I don't even watch college ball until March, and I'm sure there's others here who don't watch it all. The talent level, team needs, and the fact that he wants to be here when it seems hardly anyone else does are the reasons I want him here.

I could throw a rock from my front yard and hit North Central (EJ's high school), and I honestly couldn't care less about that. You watch enough Pacers games to realize his skill set is much needed on this team. The fact that he's from here and wants to be here is just the cherry on top.

Partially because it has been talked about countless times, and partly because it still has a decent chance of not happening. I don't think he has superstar talent either really. Star, yes. Any way, talent isn't the issue, as it doesn't matter if he isn't on the court. Also, I think he definitely gets a little more attention because of the iu ties. People might not value him more highly, but I don't think we'd discuss this as much if it weren't for that.

It's still kinda lame to get tight over it. Nobody's being forced to read every Gordon thread. You don't want to read it... don't enter the thread.

I think everyone can agree the source is solid, and even though I was probably one of the few who believed P4e a while back... this is different. This is coming from the man himself. He wants to be here, and if he can prove he doesn't have a chronic injury I want him here too.

Trader Joe
06-25-2012, 03:05 AM
So...wait, wait, wait, let me get this straight, you want us to play Danny Granger...at power forward?

CJ Jones
06-25-2012, 03:27 AM
So...wait, wait, wait, let me get this straight, you want us to play Danny Granger...at power forward?

Up until this year I probably would of thought that was crazy too... but then this years finals happened. It's a different game now it seems. Add in the fact that Danny can hardly dribble or create for anyone and that his strength defensively is in the post, I think it could work. I'm not convinced we'd be championship material quite yet, but I think we could be better than we are now.

Kstat
06-25-2012, 04:27 AM
Wait wait wait...because Lebron James had success playing power forward...you think Danny granger can play power forward too?

Danny can defend power forwards in the post? Have I arrived in an alternate universe?

15th parallel
06-25-2012, 05:22 AM
I think with the evolution of PF position nowadays, Danny can play effective PF in spot mins and depending on matchups. I have seen Danny do well on defense against Bosh, KG and Amare before during the last of JOB era. But of course, it all depends on matchups. You can't have Danny play against "heavy-body" offensive-minded PFs as it will take toll on his body. Fitting in Gordon and having a possible lineup of Hill, Gordon, George, Granger and Hibbert, that lineup poses great offensive flexibilities and offers length and quickness on defense, but sacrificing some height and power. It is still a situational lineup that can work on certain matchups.

CJ Jones
06-25-2012, 05:25 AM
[QUOTE=Kstat;1462550]Wait wait wait...because Lebron James had success playing power forward...you think Danny granger can play power forward too?

Kevin Durant played PF too in the finals... San Antonio utilized the stretch 4 with Diaw and Bonner... The Celtics had Pietrus at PF at times trying to match up with the Heat. Playing 1 in and 4 out is getting common in the league these days. I'm not saying it's ideal, but it can work.

Danny can defend power forwards in the post? Have I arrived in an alternate universe?

If he puts his mind to it I believe he can be adequate against most PFs, including yours. Much better than the players I listed above. He strong enough and long enough. Rebounding might be a problem, but if he was forced to stay in the paint instead of cherry picking like he does most of the time, he could rebound better. I also believe if Paul George was given 36 minutes at SF he'd average 8-9 boards a game which would mitigate Danny's rebounding.

It's JMO of course, and it wouldn't have to be for more than a year with the scenario the op laid out.

Kstat
06-25-2012, 05:39 AM
If you want to play it that way, Kevin Durant did not play PF. Thabo Sefolosha did. In case you didn't notice, Durant was matched up with Mario Chalmers or Shane Battier most of the finals.

If he puts his mind to it I believe he can be adequate against most PFs, including yours.

If he puts his mind to it, he can add the 30-40 lbs of muscle that separates him and LeBron James? Seriously?

And BTW, even though I think Jason Maxiell is a mediocre PF, he'd beat up Danny Granger on the low block. There's a solid chance Greg Monroe is playing the 4 for us next season, and then it becomes a massacre. This is an absurd idea.

Miami is the one, and THE ONLY TEAM in the NBA that can get away with such an absurdly small lineup. replace LeBron James with any other small forward on earth and that team does not make it out of the second round with that bunch of midgets.

LeBron James is a once in a lifetime player. Comparing his otherworldly abilities to Granger is an insult to basketball. This isn't about Granger "putting his mind to it," it's about James having the freakish muscle and athleticism that Granger does not have to defend power forwards.

I agree that Granger defends other post up small forwards pretty well. That does not mean he can hold his ground against guys 260+ that can simply overpower him.

Magic Johnson played some center too. Maybe that should be Darren Collison's next position, since theyre both point guards.

D-BONE
06-25-2012, 06:50 AM
EG - IP (Injury prone).

King Tuts Tomb
06-25-2012, 07:39 AM
EG - IP (Injury prone).

I'm actually curious about this. Are there any examples of players with significant injury struggles early in their career that overcame it and became consistent all stars?

BornReady
06-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Didn't Dirk used to have very weak ankles?

Mac_Daddy
06-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Interesting insight and all, but another Gordon thread? I like the guy, but he's gotta show he can stay on the court before I can ever think about wanting him. And that means I need more of a scope than just next season if he sticks with NO.

imawhat
06-25-2012, 08:40 AM

No it's not. There's at least one other fanbase that constantly reminds me about wishing they had Eric Gordon. And they used to have him.

ballism
06-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Interesting tidbit re his brother. But that scenario still doesn't seem any more realistic.

If he was healthy, then maybe he'd have extreme confidence in his body and be willing to take that risk.
But even then, it's a big risk. Just look at Jeff Green.
But with all the injuries, I doubt Gordon is that reckless. After so many injuries, it's just much smarter to get something like 40 mil / 4 years than 13.5 mil / 1 year.

IMO, SnT is the only realistic route, if we really want to get him.

adamscb
06-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Kevin Durant played PF too in the finals... San Antonio utilized the stretch 4 with Diaw and Bonner... The Celtics had Pietrus at PF at times trying to match up with the Heat. Playing 1 in and 4 out is getting common in the league these days. I'm not saying it's ideal, but it can work.

green? i thought we were done with JOB.

ksuttonjr76
06-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Looking forward to when Eric Gordon signs his contract on July 1st, so we can stop with these countless threads.

Dr. Awesome
06-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Looking forward to when Eric Gordon signs his contract on July 1st, so we can stop with these countless threads.

Sadly then it will just turn into "Lets trade for Eric Gordon!" threads.

xIndyFan
06-25-2012, 01:20 PM

it seems silly to be upset if a guy like eric gordon wants to come here and is willing to do the things he needs to get here. Then, like Tbird said, sign him, stick him in a salary slot and go from there.

This is not trading for him, it's signing him for free. or just the salary.

CreekShow
06-25-2012, 03:07 PM

Im tired of this kind of reply. This is nothing more than a scapegoat. You ever think that with a full season he COULD put up superstar numbers? Just maybe? Or what about the fact that we have a guy who could possibly be an All Star talent, and he wants to play here. How many times can you say that about a player that caliber. What do you have to losw if you can get him when he becomes a UFA. You sound just as bad as the people who supposedly only want him bc hes from Indiana. You sure do a lot of speaking for other people on here. This isnt the first or im sure the last, that youll lump everyone else in your own opinion.

Kstat
06-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Eric Gordon is not a superstar.

docpaul
06-25-2012, 04:16 PM
I think the most important observation in this thread is that this team doesn't move forward with Granger, George, and Gordon: from both a financial and a team play concept. If Gordon does in fact come on board, it means that Granger and/or George goes. I would suspect if the FO is hell bent on getting Gordon here, they're going to move Granger.

Kraft
06-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Maybe some people just need to reevaluate what superstar means to them.

LeBron is a superstar. Durant is a superstar. Kobe is a superstar.

Saying a player isn't one of those guys isn't even remotely a slight.

ksuttonjr76
06-25-2012, 04:58 PM
it seems silly to be upset if a guy like eric gordon wants to come here and is willing to do the things he needs to get here. Then, like Tbird said, sign him, stick him in a salary slot and go from there.

This is not trading for him, it's signing him for free. or just the salary.

Then we should be talking about this when he's a UNRESTRICTED free agent. How many times does Bird has to say that they don't go after RESTRICTED free agents before some of you finally get it?

CJ Jones
06-25-2012, 06:42 PM
If you want to play it that way, Kevin Durant did not play PF. Thabo Sefolosha did. In case you didn't notice, Durant was matched up with Mario Chalmers or Shane Battier most of the finals.

What's the difference? They're both SFs. I listed the top 4 teams this year and everyone of them utilized the stretch 4 for long stretches during the playoffs.

And BTW, even though I think Jason Maxiell is a mediocre PF, he'd beat up Danny Granger on the low block. There's a solid chance Greg Monroe is playing the 4 for us next season, and then it becomes a massacre. This is an absurd idea.

Granger would drop 30 on both Monroe and Maxiell... it works both ways.

For as much crap as I give Danny on here, he can defend bigger players in the post and play help defense very well. He's a lot stronger than most SFs pretending to be PFs.

Miami is the one, and THE ONLY TEAM in the NBA that can get away with such an absurdly small lineup. replace LeBron James with any other small forward on earth and that team does not make it out of the second round with that bunch of midgets.

Well, they're the team to beat.

I already listed this years top 4 teams and I can keep going... Sixers, Hawks, Magic, Nuggets and Knicks are all playoff teams that played small during the season and in the playoffs.

I agree that Granger defends other post up small forwards pretty well. That does not mean he can hold his ground against guys 260+ that can simply overpower him.

How many of those guys are left in the league? Monroe, who I believe will soon be one of the best bigs in the game, is a skilled guy that's not going to overpower anyone. Blake is a brute, but he has no back to the basket game. I can't see our slow footed D. West defending him any better than Danny. Gasol, Randolph, Aldridge are all all stars that would kill Danny in the post, but not one of those guys can defend him either.

green? i thought we were done with JOB.

I don't consider having a front court with two 6'9 guys and 7'2" guy who can all block shots playing JOB ball or even small ball for that matter.

Eric Gordon is not a superstar.

Now we're arguing semantics? A potential perennial all star then, how about that? Either way he'd be the best player on our team right now and the go to scorer we desperately need.

Obviously it's out of the box thinking, but with the lack of big strong PFs in the league with any kind of post game I think the scenario the op laid out could work at least as well as what we have now. And again, it would be temporary if it didn't work out.

I didn't expect this go well, but hey, I didn't bring it up. A guy that knows a lot more about this game than me did. I just happen to agree with him.

CableKC
06-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Interesting tidbit re his brother. But that scenario still doesn't seem any more realistic.

If he was healthy, then maybe he'd have extreme confidence in his body and be willing to take that risk.
But even then, it's a big risk. Just look at Jeff Green.
But with all the injuries, I doubt Gordon is that reckless. After so many injuries, it's just much smarter to get something like 40 mil / 4 years than 13.5 mil / 1 year.

IMO, SnT is the only realistic route, if we really want to get him.
I expect that his agent would throw in a Player option in his 3rd ( or more than likely ) his 4th year.

D-BONE
06-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Not convinced EG is necessarily a perennial all star. Potential (IF HEALTHY) to be more often than our one-timers currently, but not sure perennial.