PDA

View Full Version : Official Opt Out Thread

3 8 thee great t h
06-24-2012, 04:57 AM
With players like
Brandon Bass
Lou Williams
Gerald Wallace
And Ramon Sessions already decision to try and see what their worth in fa I thought it would be easier to consolidate them all in this thread when other ones come along.

But with the new agreement and the sudden success from the teams of bass and Williams, especially since they were core role pieces in their teams success, I'm really surprised they would wanna leave.

Sessions and Wallace both just got traded to their destinations so to see them leave without giving their team a chance is weird to me. Idk what do you guys think?

Jeremy
06-24-2012, 09:20 AM
I would like Ramon Sessions on the Pacers if Hill leaves or we trade DC.

Hicks
06-24-2012, 09:52 AM
I'd be interested in Bass.

xIndyFan
06-24-2012, 10:36 AM
With players like
Brandon Bass
Lou Williams
Gerald Wallace
And Ramon Sessions

They think they can get more money for a longer time by opt-ing out now. Smart move by them to market themselves when they are playing well. They are trying to 'sell high' while they can.

That pretty much eliminates them as guys the Pacers should look at. All of these guys could make the Pacer rotation. But they would be replacing Dahntay, Leandro and Tyler for the most part. Don't think the Pacers want to spend lots of cap space on the back end of the rotation. Pacers need to get guys that will start for them. That push guys that start now onto the bench. That makes the team better, these guys just make it different.

Steagles
06-24-2012, 12:39 PM
I would like Ramon Sessions on the Pacers if Hill leaves or we trade DC.
I don't think he is that great, honestly. Besides, someone else will overpay for him.

I'd be interested in Bass.
I'd love Bass on this team. He's probably my third target behind DWill and Nash. If we could get him, we could trade Tyler, DC and our pick for a point.

Ty Lawson? Anyone?

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

PacerPenguins
06-24-2012, 02:06 PM
trade Dc Hans and 26th for a higher pick, draft our point guard, sign brandon bass. then sign a backup center

ksuttonjr76
06-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Interesting. No wants Gerald Wallace to come off the bench behind Granger?

xIndyFan
06-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Interesting. No wants Gerald Wallace to come off the bench behind Granger?

just a guess, but it's not lack of interest in wallace as much as recognition of how much cap space wallace uses up. Gerald Wallace will cost $10+M. That seems too much to spend on a backup SF. Better to use that space for a starting PG. or 3rd big.

xIndyFan
06-24-2012, 03:06 PM
. . . Ty Lawson? Anyone?

Lawson doesn't do anything for me. Another undersized PG. Lots of those around. No need to overpay for one.

Steagles
06-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Lawson doesn't do anything for me. Another undersized PG. Lots of those around. No need to overpay for one.

I really like what Ty Lawson could bring to our team, undersized or not.