PDA

View Full Version : Who's The Pick???

eldubious
06-22-2012, 11:42 PM
With the draft almost here, who should the Pacers pick?

PR07
06-22-2012, 11:43 PM
The best player available :happydanc

beast23
06-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Too early to guess.

Hypnotiq
06-22-2012, 11:48 PM
None of the guys you mentioned.

Quincy Miller

Psyren
06-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Draymond Green

NapTonius Monk
06-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Trade the pick

PacersForever
06-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Royce White

Brad8888
06-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Couple the pick with a S&T of George Hill to San Antonio for Kawhi Leonard so we get something for Hill (if he is willing to go along).

PacersHomer
06-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Other because we're trading up.

BringJackBack
06-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Evan Fournier.

Steagles
06-23-2012, 06:55 AM
John Henson after a trade up!

diamonddave00
06-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Henson and his shoulders as wide as a junior high kid is not the answer at pf. A player who is even thinner than Paul George can not take the pounding as an NBA PF.

Jeremy
06-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Khris Middleton

LA_Confidential
06-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Couple the pick with a S&T of George Hill to San Antonio for Kawhi Leonard so we get something for Hill (if he is willing to go along).

That would only mean that we spent two draft picks on Leonard.

bballpacen
06-23-2012, 09:22 AM
None of the above... Playing the percentages here...

Sparhawk
06-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Here's how I think it'll go down.

The cynic in me thinks Bird will trade up for Zeller or Marshall. I’d prefer a guy like Terrance Jones. Seriously, a PF would be great cause I can’t stand watching Tyler play…at all.

My gut tells me it’ll be Marshall. If you think about it, there aren’t many good FA points (that won’t be overpaid by a lot), so they’d have to look for a trade (which seems unlikely since they seem to be trying to trade up in the draft).

That just leaves the draft. Lillard is the ideal choice, but the Pacers don’t have what it takes to move up ahead of Portland, and Portland will more than likely take Lillard. That leaves Marshall and Marquis. Only cause I don’t think Tyshawn or Wroten will be any good. I doubt it’s Marquis since he’s more of a scorer and will take a few years to develop. Marshall is the most NBA ready and he has the size and passing ability that I’m sure the Pacers want.

I don’t really hate Marshall, but with so many big AND quick points, I just don’t see how Marshall will be all that effective since he’s not only slow, but doesn’t have the lateral quickness either. And he can’t shoot (at least now, but that can be fixed with hard work). I only worry about the speed. I just think guards will blow right by him and leave our bigs vulnerable to get into foul trouble.

I can still see Bird trading Hans for a late first (or buying a late first) and selecting Fab Melo.

Then, buy a 2nd and take Jae Crowder.

With Tyler gone, I think Pends has skill enough to be a decent backup. However, there are plenty of good PFs to sign. Carl Landry quickly comes to mind, just depends on price. Kenyon Martin or Brandon Bass are other options.

Backup SG is another FA signing and there are plenty of SG to choose from too. Gerald Green should be at the top of the list. Shouldn’t be too expensive, but showed last year that he wants to stay in the NBA. DeShawn Stevenson, Tracy McGrady, Landry Fields, Terrance Williams & Mickael Pietrus are all other good options.

Kamiyohk
06-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Khris Middleton!

Sparhawk
06-23-2012, 09:46 AM
That would only mean that we spent two draft picks on Leonard.

3 picks. a first, a 2nd and one international big man.

Sparhawk
06-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Royce White

Royce White is still my first choice. I just think this guy will be very good. But if the Pacers trade up, it'd be too early to take him. They have to start trading down.

At least I can trade for Royce in 2k13 (or Live 13).

Really?
06-23-2012, 10:32 AM
I think this year it will be much harder to predict the pick than last, to me it all depends on who is there, a lot can happen before we end up picking and all 3 of those guys could be gone.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2012, 11:03 AM
I would be happy with any of those 3... but after hearing Wells talk yesterday he seems pretty confident the Pacers will trade up and I think we are going after either Henson or Lillard

tflo
06-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Drew Gordon, could be a steal, probably go late in the first round or early in the second.

OlBlu
06-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Here's how I think it'll go down.

The cynic in me thinks Bird will trade up for Zeller or Marshall. Iíd prefer a guy like Terrance Jones. Seriously, a PF would be great cause I canít stand watching Tyler playÖat all.

My gut tells me itíll be Marshall. If you think about it, there arenít many good FA points (that wonít be overpaid by a lot), so theyíd have to look for a trade (which seems unlikely since they seem to be trying to trade up in the draft).

That just leaves the draft. Lillard is the ideal choice, but the Pacers donít have what it takes to move up ahead of Portland, and Portland will more than likely take Lillard. That leaves Marshall and Marquis. Only cause I donít think Tyshawn or Wroten will be any good. I doubt itís Marquis since heís more of a scorer and will take a few years to develop. Marshall is the most NBA ready and he has the size and passing ability that Iím sure the Pacers want.

I donít really hate Marshall, but with so many big AND quick points, I just donít see how Marshall will be all that effective since heís not only slow, but doesnít have the lateral quickness either. And he canít shoot (at least now, but that can be fixed with hard work). I only worry about the speed. I just think guards will blow right by him and leave our bigs vulnerable to get into foul trouble.

I can still see Bird trading Hans for a late first (or buying a late first) and selecting Fab Melo.

Then, buy a 2nd and take Jae Crowder.

With Tyler gone, I think Pends has skill enough to be a decent backup. However, there are plenty of good PFs to sign. Carl Landry quickly comes to mind, just depends on price. Kenyon Martin or Brandon Bass are other options.

Backup SG is another FA signing and there are plenty of SG to choose from too. Gerald Green should be at the top of the list. Shouldnít be too expensive, but showed last year that he wants to stay in the NBA. DeShawn Stevenson, Tracy McGrady, Landry Fields, Terrance Williams & Mickael Pietrus are all other good options.

I don't believe Bird is as eager to add a PG as people here are. I think he was happy with DC and Hill and they may return in those roles next year. I think he will take a big man to backup Hibbert......:cool:

CableKC
06-23-2012, 02:12 PM
If we move up, I think it will be to go after Zeller....if we don't and stand put.....I'm leaning towards Draymond Green.

pacer4ever
06-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Khris Middleton!
He will be lucky to be a 2nd rd pick I dont like his game. I have heard some NBA teams like his game others dont think he can play.

I think it all depends on who is there not gonna say anyone who I think we be gone.

I think it should be Scott Machado (trade back if his value isnt that and get another asset). But there are so many guys I like a lot in our range 20-45 is the meat of this draft and I think we are gonna get a really good player. Very few guys I would be disappointed with like a Miles Plumplee or Drymond Green.

Love Will Barton's game he does need to add weight but a pure scorer who plays smart and takes smart shots is something we really need. He also is very good off the ball so pairing him with a Stephenson or Hill would be a nice back court combo who both is solid on offense as well as defense.

Also if Ramone Moore isnt drafted of Temple I am calling his agent and demanding he comes to the Pacers kid can play and is a type of player the Pacers need. He is probably one of the most underrated guys in this draft (he and Will Barton are so underrated)

I think he can be a scorer we need and has good handles can play both the 1 and the 2 like good combo guards can

So Ideally we trade back get Machado and another pick maybe a future 1st. and Ramone Moore via free agency and then add a big man in free agency or with DC via trade up for Myers Leonard or Zeller(their are some good ones available)

I think Zeller fits better we already have a Leonard in Hibbert.

Then next year draft Tony Mitchell of NT :)

pacer4ever
06-23-2012, 07:55 PM
I think this year it will be much harder to predict the pick than last, to me it all depends on who is there, a lot can happen before we end up picking and all 3 of those guys could be gone.

I think it's very likley all 3 are gone. 20-45 have a lot of guys who are close together. Last year 10-25 had a lot like this years 20-45 range. Tons of depth in the draft just have to pick the best player who fits what the Pacers do.

imbtyler
06-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Noooooooo. None of these people. I don't believe in wasting our only pick on Melo. Tony Wroten Jr. looks a lot like Iman Shumpert, but I'm not sure to what extent. And unless we move DC, we don't need another score-first point guard. Actually, we don't need any score-first point guards; our shooting guards should shoot, and our point guards should "point".

I can't answer with who we will pick. I don't want any of the three listed. I'd much prefer we trade up and pick Kendall Marshall and PJ3. Is that too much to ask?

eldubious
06-24-2012, 10:28 AM
I agree, this draft has big man all over it.

xIndyFan
06-24-2012, 10:41 AM
I don't believe Bird is as eager to add a PG as people here are. I think he was happy with DC and Hill and they may return in those roles next year. I think he will take a big man to backup Hibbert......:cool:

:iagree: The comments in this thread (http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?73259-I-can-t-wait-much-longer-for-a-true-point-guard) have convinced me that Bird does not see a 'true point guard' being of primary importance. IMO, he is more concerned about the lack of size in the front court.

Justin Tyme
06-24-2012, 11:28 AM

That ship sailed last year. Why on earth would the Spurs trade Kawhi Leonard who is starting, will be a better player than Hill, and who is on a rookie contract for Hill, who they couldn't afford last year, and the #26 pick? They can use the money to re-sign Diaw or whoever.

Justin Tyme
06-24-2012, 11:47 AM
I'll be real surprised if the Pacers keep their #26 pick in this draft. As I've said b4, either trade up, back, or out of the draft.

Lance George
06-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Put about 20 names in a bag and blindly draw one out. I have not even the slightest hint of who we'll be picking.

Terrence Jones is an interesting name that hasn't been brought up often. He has great PF size (6'9.5", 252 lb., 7'2.25" wingspan) yet is athletic and skilled enough to where people think he could be a SF in the NBA. The three major mock drafts have him averaging out as the 18th pick (DX - 17th, ESPN - 15th, NBADraft.net - 22nd), so we may have to move up to select him. He'd bring a lot of quickness and athleticism to the four, and would complement Roy nicely.

PacersHomer
06-24-2012, 12:25 PM
I've never been a big Terrence Jones fan. I don't like his game very much and I think he'll be fairly limited in the pros. His size surprised me though. I thought he was much smaller than that.

Pace Maker
06-24-2012, 12:52 PM
I genuinely have no idea.

If I had to choose one, I guess I'd guess Teague

Reginald
06-25-2012, 10:18 AM
That ship sailed last year. Why on earth would the Spurs trade Kawhi Leonard who is starting, will be a better player than Hill, and who is on a rookie contract for Hill, who they couldn't afford last year, and the #26 pick? They can use the money to re-sign Diaw or whoever.

Target is having a sale on batteries. Sounds like your sarcasm meter might need some new ones.

Justin Tyme
06-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Target is having a sale on batteries. Sounds like your sarcasm meter might need some new ones.

I buy my batteries at Deals, they are cheaper there.

_The_Future_
06-25-2012, 01:51 PM
I chose other because I think that is he is there, we will pick Draymond Green.

_The_Future_
06-25-2012, 01:52 PM
But of the other choices, I would say Teague.

pacer4ever
06-26-2012, 01:24 PM
The thing with Melo is he has no clue to play man v man defense. He is very good in a zone but he hasn't played man. Teaching him how to play NBA defense will be a crazy challenge. I mean the guy has only been playing hoops a few years he has potential but PnR defense he doesn't know how to play.

Tabeeat was the same way he rarely played NBA man to man defense before playing in the NBA. He gets shredded in PnR but most of that is lack of mobility. You can hide that in college but no way you can in the NBA.

I dont know if he is coachable but he is a major project IMO. I think he drops due to this a bit I dont think he helps much early at all.

CableKC
06-26-2012, 02:06 PM
With Walsh in charge....I wouldn't be surprised if it was not Green anymore.

Really?
06-26-2012, 02:57 PM
The thing with Melo is he has no clue to play man v man defense. He is very good in a zone but he hasn't played man. Teaching him how to play NBA defense will be a crazy challenge. I mean the guy has only been playing hoops a few years he has potential but PnR defense he doesn't know how to play.

Tabeeat was the same way he rarely played NBA man to man defense before playing in the NBA. He gets shredded in PnR but most of that is lack of mobility. You can hide that in college but no way you can in the NBA.

I dont know if he is coachable but he is a major project IMO. I think he drops due to this a bit I dont think he helps much early at all.

Yeah the kind of crazy part is both of these guys played soccer, so they should have decent footwork and depending on their position be able to run with their man, in some aspects. I hope if we do pick him he turns out to be better than Thabeet has been so far.

Crazy thing when looking at the agility drills, and sprint drills Fab was of course close to the bottom, but the player that ranked less athletic right after Jared Sullinger was Will Barton, I found that to be a big surprise.

oz_pacer
06-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I think wroten jr has great potential at 26 to warrant us picking him he is my choice

Really?
06-26-2012, 03:15 PM
I think wroten jr has great potential at 26 to warrant us picking him he is my choice

Yeah he has great potential every where, but as I said earlier one of the most frustrating players in the draft, good handles, good court vision, good athlete, but gets too fancy at times, too many turnovers, shot selection and shooting in general are pretty weak, seems lazy at times, if he can get even half of that fixed especially the lazy part then he would be a worth while selection at 26. Not quite sure he will be there anyways though.

oz_pacer
06-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Yeah he has great potential every where, but as I said earlier one of the most frustrating players in the draft, good handles, good court vision, good athlete, but gets too fancy at times, too many turnovers, shot selection and shooting in general are pretty weak, seems lazy at times, if he can get even half of that fixed especially the lazy part then he would be a worth while selection at 26. Not quite sure he will be there anyways though.

I'm not saying he's going to be rondo but a lot of people said similar things about him before he was drafted the things u mentioned can also be fixed by good coaching and hard work at 26 I think the reward far outweighs the risk