PDA

View Full Version : Pacer workouts: Hummel, Kim English, Kenny Gabriel, Orlando Johnson, Doron Lamb, Quincy Miller

dal9
06-22-2012, 03:53 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20120622/SPORTS04/120622043/Ex-Boiler-Robbie-Hummel-works-out-Indiana-Pacers?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

... [Along with Hummel,] Kim English (Missouri), Kenny Gabriel (Auburn), Orlando Johnson (UC Santa Barbara), Doron Lamb (Kentucky) and Quincy Miller (Baylor) also worked out of the Pacers today ...

Presumably these are all 2nd Round / UFA types, or is Lamb supposed to go earlier?

diamonddave00
06-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Quincy Miller is a borderline 1st rounder

Justin Tyme
06-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Quincy Miller is a late 1st rd projected pick. Mocks have him at 20-24 range. He's a player of interest to me, but I doubt he falls to the Pacers.

Really?
06-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Miller Lamb and English all have a chance of being in the first round, I think someone will grab Miller for sure before the 2nd round, some of the interviews are up on the Pacers website.

Miller seems to be a good kid, and with a good attitude seems like he would fit the personality of the team pretty well. He has tons of ability and could really develop into something special in the near future.

graphic-er
06-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Nobody thinks Hummel will get picked up in the 2nd round? He could be a very solid back up 4 who can shoot. Probably too slow to play the 3 though.

pacergod2
06-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Nobody thinks Hummel will get picked up in the 2nd round? He could be a very solid back up 4 who can shoot. Probably too slow to play the 3 though.

Does the Euro league have a two round draft too?

CableKC
06-22-2012, 05:51 PM
I recall that Fourtier had a 2nd call up in Camp since Bird missed him....but has there been any other Player that has been asked to come back for a 2nd time?

We're a week away from the draft....I'd assume that the Team has already figured out what they want to do.

Eddie Gill
06-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Love Kim English's work ethic - he literally slept in the gym at Mizzou to work on his jumper. He improved tremendously over his career here and has been a great ambassador for the program. Wouldn't take him in the first round, but love him as a second round guy.

PR07
06-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Does the Euro league have a two round draft too?

Seems a bit overly harsh. Hummel seems like the type of player that Bird would like, I could see catching on here for a look if he doesn't find any takers come draft night.

Steagles
06-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Seems a bit overly harsh. Hummel seems like the type of player that Bird would like, I could see catching on here for a look if he doesn't find any takers come draft night.

I like Hummel as a second rounder. Injuries or not, he can play, and if he doesn't pan out, he's a second rounder, they hardly ever do anyway.

pacergod2
06-22-2012, 08:51 PM

I'm a Michigan fan. There's nothing harsh about a little Purdue bashing.

I love the way Hummel plays the game don't get me wrong, but he is just at such a massive disadvantage with his injury history when he is already on the lesser side of the athleticism spectrum for the NBA. He is a very smart player and he can be physical and shoots the lights out. Defensively, he's not going to be good at the NBA level and his rebounding won't transfer that well. He is a bit undersized, but not horrible. I don't see him having much of an NBA career, but at the same time, he very easily could catch on with someone at the end of their bench as an UFA and stick on a roster for several years. I just don't see him getting drafted. He's got skill for sure. I just worry a lot about the strength and athleticism carrying over for him.

PR07
06-22-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm a Michigan fan. There's nothing harsh about a little Purdue bashing.

I love the way Hummel plays the game don't get me wrong, but he is just at such a massive disadvantage with his injury history when he is already on the lesser side of the athleticism spectrum for the NBA. He is a very smart player and he can be physical and shoots the lights out. Defensively, he's not going to be good at the NBA level and his rebounding won't transfer that well. He is a bit undersized, but not horrible. I don't see him having much of an NBA career, but at the same time, he very easily could catch on with someone at the end of their bench as an UFA and stick on a roster for several years. I just don't see him getting drafted. He's got skill for sure. I just worry a lot about the strength and athleticism carrying over for him.

After watching Mike Miller hobble around the entire postseason and still be effective, I think there's a place for Robbie Hummel. No, he's not quite the shooter Miller was coming out, but he's a tough, smart player, and I think you could do a lot worse at the end of the bench. Not disagreeing with you necessarily, but just my opinion.

Steagles
06-22-2012, 09:47 PM
After watching Mike Miller hobble around the entire postseason and still be effective, I think there's a place for Robbie Hummel. No, he's not quite the shooter Miller was coming out, but he's a tough, smart player, and I think you could do a lot worse at the end of the bench. Not disagreeing with you necessarily, but just my opinion.
This. Let me emphasize that he will be a second rounder.