PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hansbrough getting drunk.....

Smoothdave1
06-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Don't shoot the messenger: http://deadspin.com/5919955/tyler-hansbrough-at-the-bar-chugging-a-40-in-a-brown-paper-bag-tyler-hansbrough-at-the-bar-chugging-a-40-in-a-brown-paper-bag

Looks like Tyler got captured having a little too much fun recently down in North Carolina.

I Love P
06-20-2012, 02:45 PM
He's over 21, right? Ok. I do that every weekend.

PacerPenguins
06-20-2012, 02:45 PM
so an NBA player can't go out to the bars and drink during the offseason?

Mackey_Rose
06-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Why does he need to drink out of a paper bag in a bar?

Did he rob a hobo before going in?

PacerPenguins
06-20-2012, 02:47 PM
ahahha one of the comments on there is "This is a great promo shot for his new malt beverage, Psycho Tea."

BRushWithDeath
06-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Let's skip all the unnecessary handwringing and go straight to the important matter:

He's drinking a 40 from a paper sack IN A BAR!

Since86
06-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Has anyone else saw the video of him at UNC doing a flip off a balcony into a pool? As a guy close to his age, that just went through college, looks like a pretty fun guy to hang out with.

Speed
06-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Figures he's using his right hand.

BPump33
06-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Pure gold, Speed.

LoneGranger33
06-20-2012, 03:08 PM
I heard this event precipitated an evening-long reemergence of vertigo.

RWB
06-20-2012, 03:11 PM
You would never see Larry Bird doing it that way. In fact LB hit the bars all the time while going to Indiana State and could drink anyone under the table. The man was competitive in everything I guess. :buddies:

Trader Joe
06-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Why does he need to drink out of a paper bag in a bar?

Did he rob a hobo before going in?

I hope so

PaceBalls
06-20-2012, 03:38 PM
I remember when Tyler was drafted he was quoted as saying he had never had a drink before in his life. I guess things change!

BRushWithDeath
06-20-2012, 03:39 PM
I remember when Tyler was drafted he was quoted as saying he had never had a drink before in his life. I guess things change!

Wait... what?

Hicks
06-20-2012, 03:42 PM

He did? I don't recall that.

PaceBalls
06-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Wait... what?
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/03/tyler-hansbrough-pacers-hot-streak/1

I guess it wasn't when he got drafted. It was when he was talking about his vertigo last year.

"It's like being really drunk, or that's what people tell me it's like," Hansbrough said. "I've never had a drink, but that's what I'm told. I couldn't sleep. I just had to lay still. It got pretty harsh at times."

Trader Joe
06-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Guys, that's not beer in there, it's just Faygo.

PaceBalls
06-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Guys, that's not beer in there, it's just Faygo.
I used to love Faygo! Then I quit drinking.

Dr. Awesome
06-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Holy ****, thats in my city. He's known for going to the bar I'm going to tonight and tomorrow night.

Steagles
06-20-2012, 03:58 PM
IDGAF as long as he isn't beating women or shooting people.

Sparhawk
06-20-2012, 04:04 PM

I just spit my imaginary drink all over my screen.

Seriously, if I was drinking it'd be coming out my nose. That was funny right there.

Kstat
06-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Oh come on. Larry Bird would never drink during the offseas-

:lmao: I can't get through it. I tried, but I can't...

Hicks
06-20-2012, 04:16 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/03/tyler-hansbrough-pacers-hot-streak/1

I guess it wasn't when he got drafted. It was when he was talking about his vertigo last year.

"It's like being really drunk, or that's what people tell me it's like," Hansbrough said. "I've never had a drink, but that's what I'm told. I couldn't sleep. I just had to lay still. It got pretty harsh at times."

Huh.

Well, I suppose getting demoted to backup PF again and then playing like crap most of the year could lead someone to alcohol...

RWB
06-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Oh come on. Larry Bird would never drink during the offseas-

:lmao: I can't get through it. I tried, but I can't...

Are you saying he was/is a rebel rouser? Might have to ask the owner of the Ballyhoo bar in Terre Haute on that one. Rumor has it Bird beat the $h!t out of three guys giving him trouble back in the days. Of course being the star of the local team helped keep him out of trouble and of course if you just had your butt whooped you're not likely to press charges. Or at least rumor has it from some boys I know that have badges on their chests. ;)

Trader Joe
06-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Bird supposedly still drinks about a case a DAY. Now, that maybe an exaggeration, but there's gotta be some truth in there somewhere.

cdash
06-20-2012, 04:21 PM
If he was a real man, that would be whiskey in that bag. Sissy.

Trader Joe
06-20-2012, 04:24 PM

Whiskey sno cone.

RWB
06-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Bird supposedly still drinks about a case a DAY. Now, that maybe an exaggeration, but there's gotta be some truth in there somewhere.

Hope he's graduated to something like a Sam Adams. When he was a young pup I believe his preference was Bud and then was known to drink Miller when he popped into town once in a blue moon.

BRushWithDeath
06-20-2012, 04:28 PM

More truth than exaggeration.

Though the 2 packs of Marlboro Reds is probably more concerning to his doctors.

Lance George
06-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Was he being sarcastic?

DaveP63
06-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Are you saying he was/is a rebel rouser? Might have to ask the owner of the Ballyhoo bar in Terre Haute on that one. Rumor has it Bird beat the $h!t out of three guys giving him trouble back in the days. Of course being the star of the local team helped keep him out of trouble and of course if you just had your butt whooped you're not likely to press charges. Or at least rumor has it from some boys I know that have badges on their chests. ;)

You have some wise friends.

PR07
06-20-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't have an issue with it. It's not like this occurred before Game 5 of our playoff series. It's near the beginning off the offseason (at least ours), if he wants to party like a hobo, go for it.

iogyhufi
06-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Hope he's graduated to something like a Sam Adams. When he was a young pup I believe his preference was Bud and then was known to drink Miller when he popped into town once in a blue moon.

He better drink Miller. Daniels would also be acceptable, but only if he put a piece of tape over the 'Jack' and wrote 'Mel', instead.

Sandman21
06-20-2012, 06:36 PM
I think the photographer of the second photo is more intoxicated.

IUfan4life
06-20-2012, 06:53 PM
You would never see Larry Bird doing it that way. In fact LB hit the bars all the time while going to Indiana State and could drink anyone under the table. The man was competitive in everything I guess. :buddies:

If only the Ballyhoo was not what everyone remembers it being in his heyday. As it stands, the Ballyhoo can burn to the ground.

Basketball Fan
06-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Holy ****, thats in my city. He's known for going to the bar I'm going to tonight and tomorrow night.

I suspected it was in Wilmington NC I had a friend that was an extra on Dawson's Creek years ago mentioned about it being filmed at Wrightsville Beach at times.

Shade
06-20-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm drunk right now.

HickeyS2000
06-20-2012, 11:13 PM

I grew up in French Lick. All the kids knew exactly where to hang out to get Bird's autograph... right outside the bar. I've got about 5 autographs, some legible, other not so much. One time his driver had to hold his hand while signing some pictures for us 2nd graders. Of course the bar burnt down, and we could never figure out where his next favorite bar was before I moved. Good times.

holmes
06-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Well, didn't Bird say once that he didn't want a bunch of milk drinkers????? There you go!

Phree Refill
06-21-2012, 07:36 AM
I'm drunk right now.

Me too

CreekShow
06-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Has anyone else saw the video of him at UNC doing a flip off a balcony into a pool? As a guy close to his age, that just went through college, looks like a pretty fun guy to hang out with.

Sure do. I think Bobby Frasor did it too and he was just coming off an ACL injury. People were not happy lol. I like seeing Tyler do normal things every once in a while. Helps remind us hes not completely nuts/socially backwards/awkward/weird, or whatever you want to call it

adamscb
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Sure do. I think Bobby Frasor did it too and he was just coming off an ACL injury. People were not happy lol. I like seeing Tyler do normal things every once in a while. Helps remind us hes not completely nuts/socially backwards/awkward/weird, or whatever you want to call it

getting drunk is normal, but not flipping off of roofs into pools haha. i agree, nice to see him have some fun.

ksuttonjr76
06-21-2012, 04:22 PM

Okay...I give up. What's the punchline?

Banta
06-21-2012, 11:33 PM

Is this college graduate grammar? Good lord, please tell me you're not a BSU alum.

presto123
06-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Larry Bird is an alcoholic? Is that what you are saying? I figured he just had a couple occasionally or didn't drink at all. I don't know how anyone more than about 40 years old can drink more than once a week and not put on a ton of weight. I limit myself to one time a week.(about 5-6 beers)

ECKrueger
06-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Maybe he already knew the heat would win...

Since86
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Is this college graduate grammar? Good lord, please tell me you're not a BSU alum.

I'm glad my grammar is something you're worried about. Must be nice to have such little problems that how someone types on an informal message board gets you going.

Banta
06-22-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm glad my grammar is something you're worried about. Must be nice to have such little problems that how someone types on an informal message board gets you going.

I guess I have it made in the shade. Your poor grammar was the only problem I encountered Thursday. ;)

ilive4sports
06-22-2012, 06:24 PM
sometimes you just want a 40 man.

Naptown_Seth
06-22-2012, 06:58 PM
IDGAF as long as he isn't beating women or shooting people.

Exactly. What a world where you can finally make it big in your chosen profession, the one you went to college to study, and if you go out and drink it up it's a potential issue, or even just news.

I'll tell you right now after game 4 BillS, CableKC and myself went to Mo's and I John Daly'd myself to the point that it was rough going to work the next day. Made for an interesting walk home too. :) And I'm pretty sure Bill was counting on Mrs. Bill to drive him home.

Naptown_Seth
06-22-2012, 07:06 PM
More truth than exaggeration.

Though the 2 packs of Marlboro Reds is probably more concerning to his doctors.
I have 2nd hand knowledge of this myself, at least on one day when a friend ended up at the same place he was at. Might not be a great idea to get really drunk on a regular basis, but clearly he's not making news with his behavior so it must be under some level of control.

presto123
06-22-2012, 07:41 PM
I have 2nd hand knowledge of this myself, at least on one day when a friend ended up at the same place he was at. Might not be a great idea to get really drunk on a regular basis, but clearly he's not making news with his behavior so it must be under some level of control.

Getting drunk on a regular basis= Alcoholic. No it's not a great idea. Maybe when you are in college.

Jeremy
06-23-2012, 09:10 AM
What is a "40"?

Hicks
06-23-2012, 12:40 PM
What is a "40"?

A man?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RjF93E4LjlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

xBulletproof
06-23-2012, 12:45 PM
What is a "40"?

..... seriously?

Jeremy
06-23-2012, 03:56 PM
..... seriously?

I'm 20 and don't know much about alcoholic beverages.

vapacersfan
06-23-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm 20 and don't know much about alcoholic beverages.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+%2240%22

Just messing with you :-p

IUfan4life
06-24-2012, 02:36 AM
Getting drunk on a regular basis= Alcoholic. No it's not a great idea. Maybe when you are in college.

Not really. But technically speaking, more than two drinks a week is considered being an alcoholic.

presto123
06-24-2012, 06:12 AM
Not really. But technically speaking, more than two drinks a week is considered being an alcoholic.

Don't know where you heard that but that is totally false.

IrishPacer
06-24-2012, 08:53 AM

LOL

Good thing you don't live in Ireland so..

Derek2k3
06-24-2012, 11:11 AM

I'd have to look it up, but "binge drinking" is clinically defined as (I believe) 3 or more drinks in an hour EDIT: 5 or more for men, 4 for women, in 2 hours. Alcoholics EDIT: Alcohol abuse is defined as those who "binge drink" more than one or twice in a given month.

I'll break out my "Drugs and Society" textbook when I get home and verify.

IUfan4life
06-24-2012, 03:04 PM

College, mate.

presto123
06-25-2012, 01:13 AM
I'd have to look it up, but "binge drinking" is clinically defined as (I believe) 3 or more drinks in an hour EDIT: 5 or more for men, 4 for women, in 2 hours. Alcoholics EDIT: Alcohol abuse is defined as those who "binge drink" more than one or twice in a given month.

I'll break out my "Drugs and Society" textbook when I get home and verify.

That's a lot different than having two drinks a week. One beer on Monday and one beer on Friday does not equal alcoholic. A lot of Doctors say a small glass of wine every day is beneficial to the heart.

PaceBalls
06-25-2012, 09:59 AM
It's easy to become a drunk, harder to stop being one. If you are drinking to get drunk instead of just a beer with dinner, you might wanna do some critical self analysis.

presto123
06-25-2012, 04:01 PM
It's easy to become a drunk, harder to stop being one. If you are drinking to get drunk instead of just a beer with dinner, you might wanna do some critical self analysis.

That's what shocked me was the amount that Bird is supposedly drinking. Not just Bird though. I've heard some rumors about a recent player on Pacers. I guess he was totally smashed a lot at one of his favorite hang outs.