PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wade's ex-wife arrested for attempted kidnapping of their two children

Basketball Fan
06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/19/dwyane-wades-ex-wife-siohvaughn-funches-wade-arrested-mug-shot/

Dwyane Wade's Ex-Wife
Mug Shot After
Child Abduction Arrest

Exclusive Mug Shot

TMZ has obtained the mug shot taken by Dwyane Wade's ex-wife ... moments after she was arrested this weekend for allegedly attempting to abduct the former couple's two children.

A rep for the Cook County Sheriff's Office released a statement saying, "Siohvaughn Funches-Wade was charged with two counts of attempted child abduction, two counts of unlawful visitation interference and one count of resisting arrest."

Funches-Wade's bond was set at $10,000 ... which she posted. She's set to appear in court again in August.

Wade -- who's currently in the middle of the NBA Finals -- has been at war with his ex ever since they divorced back in 2010. Wade was awarded primary custody of their two boys ... and Siohvaughn has visitation rights ... but she's clearly not happy with the current arrangement.

The financial details of their divorce are not yet finalized -- and in recent court docs, Wade said his ex has been using the children as "the proverbial pawns in this contentious dissolution of marriage action."

Wade wants the judge to suspend Siohvaughn's visitation rights because of the incident that led to her arrest.

Wade and the Miami Heat are set to square off against the Oklahoma City Thunder in just a few hours.

RamBo_Lamar
06-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Goes to show the Miami Heat are just a bunch of thugs.

Steagles
06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
You know, I am all for any potential distractions of teams I hate, but I would never wish that situation on anyone.

Pingu
06-19-2012, 08:35 PM

No, it doesn't.

Blackhawk4
06-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Either that is bad sarcasm or you're just showing ignorance....

Slick Pinkham
06-20-2012, 12:41 AM
http://lib.lbcc.edu/handouts/images/psychology/JustPlainNuts.gif

This is the ex-wife who took a baseball bat to all of his trophies.

Skaut_Ech
06-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Here's what's so hypocritical about Wade's ex. (http://www.awomansworth.info/FounderBio.html)

sportfireman
06-20-2012, 09:45 AM
just because a person gets arrested for a crime doesnt, it doesnt mean they are guilty. I dont know the truth so I wont be judgemental of her.

Slick Pinkham
06-20-2012, 11:49 AM
just because a person gets arrested for a crime doesnt, it doesnt mean they are guilty. I dont know the truth so I wont be judgemental of her.
She has a history...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37071040/ns/sports-nba/

A judge in Chicago ordered sheriff’s deputies to take Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade’s estranged wife into custody after she failed to show up for a Monday divorce hearing....The judge said Siohvaughn Wade had refused to comply with other orders....

Siohvaughn Wade has repeatedly thwarted Dwyane Wade’s efforts to visit his children or talk with them on the phone. Pritikin said she even once called police when Dwyane Wade showed up at the couple’s Miami home to pick them up, falsely telling officers there was a warrant out for the basketball player’s arrest.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2009-02-08/gossip/17916452_1_siohvaughn-james-pritikin-dwyane-wade

Wade's estranged wife, Siohvaughn, dropped her accusation that he gave her a sexually transmitted disease.
Her lawyer, Dorene Marcus, wouldn't comment on whether Siohvaughn had been misdiagnosed in 2007 when she first made her claim or on whether it was true that she smashed his trophies and other treasures when she found out, as a source tells us.

RamBo_Lamar
06-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Either that is bad sarcasm or you're just showing ignorance....

Actually both... :laugh:

Screw the Heat either way.

Basketball Fan
06-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Basketball star Dwyane Wade’s ex-wife has filed a federal lawsuit against her ex-husband’s divorce attorney and Dolton Police, alleging they framed her for child abduction.

Siohvaughn Funches-Wade — who behaved increasingly erratically while losing a bitter and widely publicized child custody battle to the Miami Heat guard last year — claims in the lawsuit she was “violently attacked” by Dolton cops at her south suburban home in June 2012.

She says Dwyane Wade’s attorney James Pritikin “conspired” with Dolton officers and Wade’s pal, New Lenox mayor Tim Balderman to have her falsely arrested for child abduction for failing to turn over her kids to her ex as directed by a judge.

Though the charges were later dropped, Pritikin at the time used the incident to argue that Dwyane Wade should be given full-time custody of the couple’s two young sons.

Funches-Wade, who is acting as her own attorney, says she suffered a torn rotator cuff, asthma attack and a panic attack due to her rough treatment during the arrest.

The lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages in excess of $50,000, isn’t the first Funches-Wade has filed in recent months.

In December she launched a separate suit against Dwyane Wade in the Cook County Circuit Court, alleging her high school sweetheart, who she grew up with in south suburban Robbins, was physically abusive to her during their marriage.

And after rattling through a dozen attorneys during her long court battles with her ex, Funches-Wade last July staged a sit-down protest outside the Daley Center, holding a large handwritten sign with the words “NBA Miami Heat star, mother of his children on the streets.”

The basketball star was ordered to pay her $5 million and give her their former mansion in South Holland and four cars part of their divorce settlement last year.

Pritikin and Balderman did not return calls seeking comment Tuesday afternoon.

Wade’s Heat lost the NBA Finals in five games on Sunday.

Contributing: Frank Main
http://www.suntimes.com/28140576-761...l#.U6DADY1dV3c

RyanPelley
06-17-2014, 08:29 PM
$5 million, a mansion, four cars in a divorce... Never trust a woman with a stupid name like Siohvaughn.

Believe_in_blue
06-17-2014, 09:30 PM
Never trust a woman with a stupid
I trimmed part of your quote. I like it like this :laugh:

ksuttonjr76
06-18-2014, 08:26 AM
She's still fighting for something? Greed at its finest.

Speed
06-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Too bad Dave Chappelle show isn't still on. Perfect episode for when Keeping it Real, goes wrong.

Justin Tyme
06-18-2014, 12:20 PM
$5 million, a mansion, four cars in a divorce... Never trust a woman with a stupid name like Siohvaughn.

With the income Wade has, that's ALL she got? Wade must have one heck of an attorney, or she had an incompetent one! Geez

Kstat
06-18-2014, 01:12 PM
With the income Wade has, that's ALL she got? Wade must have one heck of an attorney, or she had an incompetent one! Geez

Did you miss the part about her being insane and acting as her own attorney?

Justin Tyme
06-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Did you miss the part about her being insane and acting as her own attorney?

NO, I didn't! She's only insane if she's been declared as such. Has she been declared insane?

Did she act as her own attorney at her divorce? Even if she did, 5 mil is peanuts for Wade's worth and future earning ability.

ksuttonjr76
06-18-2014, 03:44 PM
NO, I didn't! She's only insane if she's been declared as such. Has she been declared insane?

Did she act as her own attorney at her divorce? Even if she did, 5 mil is peanuts for Wade's worth and future earning ability.

Basically awarding her for having his kids 👎. He got custody and providing for them. Why should he give her anything?

Justin Tyme
06-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Basically awarding her for having his kids ��. He got custody and providing for them. Why should he give her anything?

Because by law she's entitled! Marriage is a "TEAM" effort, and they both share the work load no matter what their different duties are. He made a committment to her when he said "I do". Marriage shouldn't be a onesided disposable committment, although everything in today's society is disposable. If it's not convenient or you don't like it, just throw it to the curb, get rid of it, and get something you like better. SMH

Kstat
06-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Because by law she's entitled! Marriage is a "TEAM" effort, and they both share the work load no matter what their different duties are. He made a committment to her when he said "I do". Marriage shouldn't be a onesided disposable committment, although everything in today's society is disposable. If it's not convenient or you don't like it, just throw it to the curb, get rid of it, and get something you like better. SMH
can't tell if this is satire or just very bad logic....

I'd say by all the evidence that she's an all around terrible person to be with, the fact she got $5 million along with a mansion and multiple luxury cars is the most expensive "disposable" commitment ever.

Marriage, like any personal relationship, is whatever you want it to be. Pretending that you should be committed to a life of shared misery because of one bad decision to sign a piece of paper is absurdly stupid. Marrying her was obviously a bad decision. People do stupid **** when they're 20 years old.

khaos01207
06-18-2014, 09:24 PM

I'd say by all the evidence that she's an all around terrible person to be with, the fact she got $5 million along with a mansion and multiple luxury cars is the most expensive "disposable" commitment ever.

Marriage, like any personal relationship, is whatever you want it to be. Pretending that you should be committed to a life of shared misery because of one bad decision to sign a piece of paper is absurdly stupid. Marrying her was obviously a bad decision. People do stupid **** when they're 20 years old.

Divorce settlements seem to employ a policy of affirmative action for women. Dunno how else they could be so damn unfair

imawhat
06-18-2014, 09:30 PM
The weird thing is, I still have to question the story because Wade is involved.

Kstat
06-18-2014, 09:33 PM
The weird thing is, I still have to question the story because Wade is involved.

How he conducts himself on a basketball court gives you insight into his marriage?

Kstat
06-18-2014, 09:35 PM
Divorce settlements seem to employ a policy of affirmative action for women. Dunno how else they could be so damn unfair

Because men are the expected breadwinners and women are the expected homemakers. For the most part, it is men that created those gender roles to begin with, so it's hard to cry foul here...

imawhat
06-18-2014, 09:35 PM
Not his marriage, but who he is as a person, yes, absolutely.

Kstat
06-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Not his marriage, but who he is as a person, yes, absolutely.

Those two things are inseparable, and nevertheless totally off base.

Wade committing a flagrant foul or falling down with too much enthusiasm trying to draw a foul does not in any way shape or form give any sort of window into who he is when he's not playing basketball. That's just his job. Nobody here would want to be judged that way.

imawhat
06-18-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm not going to get philosophical, but you can't separate who you are from what you do.

Kstat
06-18-2014, 09:48 PM
I'm not going to get philosophical, but you can't separate who you are from what you do.

Sure you can. One is a job you do to make money to live, and the other is your own personal life.

Is Roy Hibbert a poor human being because he doesn't come to play nearly as often as he probably should? He's probably the "worst" human being on the Pacers given his conduct on the floor, yet he's also the guy that's providing free seats for the entire season for a section of fans who otherwise might not be able to afford it....

I'm as immersed in basketball as anyone here, but we're giving ourselves far too much credit when we believe we can judge someone as a person by what we see them do on a basketball court. Again, nobody here would want to be broken down like that over what they do on the clock.

Justin Tyme
06-18-2014, 09:48 PM

It doesn't even come close!

Kstat
06-18-2014, 09:51 PM
It doesn't even come close!

To satire or bad logic?

dal9
06-18-2014, 10:11 PM
she smashed his trophies and other treasures

...sounds like something that would happen to kenny powers...

Justin Tyme
06-18-2014, 10:25 PM
To satire or bad logic?

Neither

khaos01207
06-18-2014, 10:30 PM
Because men are the expected breadwinners and women are the expected homemakers. For the most part, it is men that created those gender roles to begin with, so it's hard to cry foul here...

In a time where the movement is promoting complete equality, why do they get to retain the good things about the traditional woman role while also gaining the benefits of equality?

I am not a shovanist in any way, I do believe women should he equal, however if it is going to be that way which it should, you can't pick and choose where you want to be equal.

Kstat
06-18-2014, 10:44 PM
In a time where the movement is promoting complete equality, why do they get to retain the good things about the traditional woman role while also gaining the benefits of equality?

I am not a shovanist in any way, I do believe women should he equal, however if it is going to be that way which it should, you can't pick and choose where you want to be equal.

Since nothing of substance has actually been gained, this is a bit of a strawman argument. A lot of talking and complaining and more awareness, sure. The traditional roles are still there.

I don't disagree with you per se, but there are things more important to that movement than women getting the upper hand in divorce settlements.

khaos01207
06-18-2014, 10:51 PM
Since nothing of substance has actually been gained, this is a bit of a strawman argument. A lot of talking and complaining and more awareness, sure. The traditional roles are still there.

I don't disagree with you per se, but there are things more important to that movement than women getting the upper hand in divorce settlements.

Well, let's just boil it down to this specific situation is. He holds custody of the children and cares for them, and IIRC she holds not even visitation rights, right? (I could be wrong)

So she is getting a cool 5 mill to.... do nothing?

I don't really care about it in this scenario, I mean dude is made of money and 5 mill is nothing to him, but I know a multitude of men (several family members included) that get in a really tough, tight financial position because of things like this.

Kstat
06-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Well, let's just boil it down to this specific situation is. He holds custody of the children and cares for them, and IIRC she holds not even visitation rights, right? (I could be wrong)

So she is getting a cool 5 mill to.... do nothing?

I don't really care about it in this scenario, I mean dude is made of money and 5 mill is nothing to him, but I know a multitude of men (several family members included) that get in a really tough, tight financial position because of things like this.

Again, we don't disagree here, but it's a symptom of a much larger problem that hasn't yet been fully addressed.

khaos01207
06-18-2014, 11:05 PM
Again, we don't disagree here, but it's a symptom of a much larger problem that hasn't yet been fully addressed.

Indeed. American Society at it's finest.

Kstat
06-19-2014, 06:16 AM
Indeed. American Society at it's finest.

American society has it more right than much of the rest of the world, where women can be straight up murdered for a variety of absurd reasons and it's basically legal.

This is more along the lines of the men that run 99% of things on this planet getting their **** together and finding some common ground so sexist policies can gradually go extinct.

ksuttonjr76
06-19-2014, 07:43 AM

Sorry, I don't believed in entitlement when it comes to divorces. Unless she was his teammate on the court or alongside him in his commercials and sponsors, she's not entitled to a single dime. It's his money. I do believe that if she had custody of the kids, that he needs to do whatever. However, I see it from the perspective that he's taking care of his kids not necessarily her.

I might have agreed to an alimony check of $50K a month, then I would told her to kick bricks and don't contact me every again except to visit her kids.

ksuttonjr76
06-19-2014, 07:54 AM

Those gender roles have been dead for a while. However, I grew in a generation and household where both of my parents had to be the breadwinner and homemaker.

Plus, I've been a strong advocate for Father's Rights for a very long time as a result of my personal experiences. I believe so strongly in our rights that I genuinely get upset when single mothers try to "hijack" Father's Day with the belief they're fathers, because they raise their sons. However, I know that I'm the minority.

idioteque
06-19-2014, 08:44 AM
Traditional gender roles are basically dead in today's society, well at least on the East Coast, not sure about other parts of the country. I am married and don't know a single married couple that can afford to have on breadwinner and one homemaker. That's turned into a 20th century anachronism in our society and economy.

Will these changes ever move into divorce law? Eh, get back to me when women aren't make 70 cents on the dollar to a man.

To me its a personal responsibility thing. If you don't want to get stuck paying alimony payments, how about not get married when you're 20 years old like Dwayne Wade did and then start having kids in your early twenties. Men need to think about these things more closely, fair or not. Sure when you're that age you're physically capable of doing it but I'm a lot different than I was at 20 than I am at 28. People need to make better decisions.

Kstat
06-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Those gender roles have been dead for a while. However, I grew in a generation and household where both of my parents had to be the breadwinner and homemaker.

Plus, I've been a strong advocate for Father's Rights for a very long time as a result of my personal experiences. I believe so strongly in our rights that I genuinely get upset when single mothers try to "hijack" Father's Day with the belief they're fathers, because they raise their sons. However, I know that I'm the minority.

Except men still make more money on average than women for doing the same job and they still hold 99% of all of the positions of power to make any changes, so no they aren't dead, everyone simply likes to say that they are. The breadwinner in 62% of married households is still the husband.

I'm not at all blind to the hardships of men when it comes to things like alimony and child custody. I'm just saying that women have it a thousand times worse in the overall picture.

Also, a few idiots trying to start a twitter trend does not mean women are trying to "hijack" father's day. Everyone having their little voice these days means any group can easily be misrepresented.

Will these changes ever move into divorce law? Eh, get back to me when women aren't make 70 cents on the dollar to a man.

This was my point.

Since86
06-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Sure you can. One is a job you do to make money to live, and the other is your own personal life.

I know this is extreme, but this is exactly what Nazi's argued as they were being rounded up for prosecution.

DWade makes money to put a ball through a hoop, not to deliever high flying elbows to the side of other player's skulls. Dismissing his behavior on court as his "job" when he can perform his job without said behavior, is a cop out.

Flailing about with flops, and cheap shots, aren't tied to his job. Those are things HE chooses to do.

Kstat
06-19-2014, 11:44 AM
I know this is extreme, but this is exactly what Nazi's argued as they were being rounded up for prosecution.

This is the worst analogy ever. I can't even laugh at this. It's offensive and it isn't even parallel on even the sickest level. The Nazi excuse was "I was just following orders," not "that's only what I did for a living."

You just compared Dwyane Wade to men that tortured millions of people to death. Take a step back and think about that. Dwyane Wade has not to my knowledge ever committed a crime on the job. The Nazis were committing crimes even within the standards of their own jobs.

This is like saying boxers are like nazis because they punch each other in the face for several hours and they'd be arrested if it wasn't on the clock.

Since86
06-19-2014, 11:47 AM
This is the worst analogy ever. I can't even laugh at this. It's offensive.

You might think so, but it's 100% true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_orders

I'm not saying DWade is equivalant to Nazi's, I'm saying "I'm just following orders" is a childish, and invalid argument as to why you shouldn't be held responsible for your actions.

Kstat
06-19-2014, 11:50 AM
You might think so, but it's 100% true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_orders

I'm not saying DWade is equivalant to Nazi's, I'm saying "I'm just following orders" is a childish, and invalid argument as to why you shouldn't be held responsible for your actions.

Nobody "ordered" Dwyane Wade to take a flagrant foul. That's just what he did. He also wasn't committing any crimes.

Since86
06-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Nobody "ordered" Dwyane Wade to take a flagrant foul. That's just what he did. He also wasn't committing any crimes.

No one ordered him to deliever a flying elbow to the side of Lance's head, but he did it anyways. When you do bad things it's a reflection of yourself. Always is.

Kstat
06-19-2014, 12:05 PM
No one ordered him to deliever a flying elbow to the side of Lance's head, but he did it anyways. When you do bad things it's a reflection of yourself. Always is.

We all make bad decisions on the job and none of us would want come random jagoff to judge us as a husband or father for making a mistake on the job. What Wade did was not criminal.

I sincerely doubt you hold yourself to the same standard. If you did you would not have compared Wade to war criminals. That in itself could be construed as a judgement of your personal character.

This line of discussion is over and I'm going to block you if you try to carry it further because I'd like to pretend for today that this analogy never happened.

Since86
06-19-2014, 12:12 PM
We all make bad decisions on the job and none of us would want come random jagoff to judge us as a husband or father for making a mistake on the job. What Wade did was not criminal.

There's a big difference between screwing up your actual job, and phsyically assualting people. You're going to balk at assualt, but I'll be more than glad to run by you, and elbow you in the side of the head, and then ask what your feelings are about it.

I sincerely doubt you hold yourself to the same standard. If you did you would not have compared Wade to war criminals. That in itself could be construed as a judgement of your personal character.

I didn't compare Wade to war criminals. I pointed out the absurdity of "just doing my job" as a reason to excuse bad behavior.

ksuttonjr76
06-19-2014, 01:51 PM
There's a big difference between screwing up your actual job, and phsyically assualting people. You're going to balk at assualt, but I'll be more than glad to run by you, and elbow you in the side of the head, and then ask what your feelings are about it.

I didn't compare Wade to war criminals. I pointed out the absurdity of "just doing my job" as a reason to excuse bad behavior.

Ummmmm....still an extreme analogy. Couldn't you have used a more tame analogy like a race car driver? If a race driver drives aggressive on the track, does that mean he's an inconsiderate driver when he's on a regular road?

Since86
06-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Ummmmm....still an extreme analogy. Couldn't you have used a more tame analogy like a race car driver? If a race driver drives aggressive on that track, does that mean he's an inconsiderate driver when he's on a regular road?

I'm comparing the excuses, not the actions.

I think "I'm just doing my job" is a perfect analogy as a rebuttal to "I'm just doing my job." It's a lazy excuse to rationalize doing something wrong, especially when you're trying to defend actions that have nothing to do with your job description.

Kermit Washington was just doing his job. Acceptable? Nah.

ksuttonjr76
06-19-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm comparing the excuses, not the actions.

I think "I'm just doing my job" is a perfect analogy as a rebuttal to "I'm just doing my job." It's a lazy excuse to rationalize doing something wrong, especially when you're trying to defend actions that have nothing to do with your job description.

Kermit Washington was just doing his job. Acceptable? Nah.

What if we changed the excuse to "Doing what it takes to win."? To me personally, sports and military is not a "job" in the traditional sense.

Since86
06-19-2014, 02:11 PM
You can offer up any excuse you'd like, but personal actions will still reflect on that particular person. That's the only thing I'm saying.

khaos01207
06-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Speaking of race car drivers, this thread took a left turn

ksuttonjr76
06-19-2014, 02:43 PM
You can offer up any excuse you'd like, but personal actions will still reflect on that particular person. That's the only thing I'm saying.

Man, you could have kept it simple like that. ALL personal actions are a reflection on that particular person to some extent, but it's just a matter of HOW MUCH. I'm not going to peg someone well-off, just because they pass up picking a penny off a ground.

Kstat
06-19-2014, 04:48 PM
well, add one more to the ignore list. Get a grip on the real world.

shags
06-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Speaking of race car drivers, this thread took a left turn

Well, that will happen when someone compares Dwyane Wade to Adolf Hitler. And means it. :laugh:

khaos01207
06-19-2014, 09:39 PM
Well, that will happen when someone compares Dwyane Wade to Adolf Hitler. And means it. :laugh:

Lol yeah

Peck
06-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Okay this thread has hit the end of its usefulness. Not that it was ever really useful.