PDA

View Full Version : Pacers 4th in road attendence, maybe the Hornets need to move again

Unclebuck
02-11-2004, 11:44 PM
I was just looking at the average attendence across the league.

Reason I did is because I was watching a oittle of the Knicks at New O. and Marv mentioned the crowd was onlt 11,000. I thought what a terrible crowd in February. Marv said it was because of a rain storm. WHAT. We have -20 below windchills and temperatures of 5 degrees and we get 17,18 thousand. I little rain storm and they only get 11,000.

Huge mistake moving the Hornets to New O.. This is only the second year there and they have a good team.

The Hornets are 26th in home attendence at 14,376 only the Hawks, Nets and Magic are worse.

But what really suprised me is that the pacers are 4th in road attendence behind only the Lakers, Cavs and, Sixers. Pacers get 17,519 per game on the road. Interestingly enough the Pistopns are one of the worst at 15,971. But then they lead the league on home attendence

Seems to indicate the Pacers are a popular team for whatever reason.

Pacers are 14th in home attendence

Anthem
02-12-2004, 01:08 AM
I sure wouldn't mind if they moved them to Vegas... :dance:

How many players would take the minimum to come to Vegas? :pepper:

Natston
02-12-2004, 01:12 AM

Not many because they'd lose their entire salary in one night... :neutral:

Anthem
02-12-2004, 01:40 AM

Sounds good to me. That's why I don't pay taxes. :signit:

Plus, think about it. It's the ultimate homecourt advantage. :borg:

Natston
02-12-2004, 01:50 AM

Yes it be. Fans could place their bets, than stroll into the arena and go hoarse in the hopes of winning their bets... :devil:

Anthem
02-12-2004, 01:52 AM

Yes it be. Fans could place their bets, than stroll into the arena and go hoarse in the hopes of winning their bets... :devil:

Well, that too. I meant that players from other teams would rarely be at their best.

Natston
02-12-2004, 01:55 AM

Well, that too. I meant that players from other teams would rarely be at their best.

Legalized prostitution in that situation would be a blessing and a curse... :dance: :sadbanana:

Bball
02-12-2004, 02:20 AM

Vegas...

Isn't betting on he home team prohibited by law?

-Bball

Natston
02-12-2004, 02:22 AM

Vegas...

Isn't betting on he home team prohibited by law?

-Bball

I don't know, I've never bet on a game especially not in Vegas... :P

Hicks
02-12-2004, 11:24 AM

Legalized prostitution in that situation would be a blessing and a curse... :dance: :sadbanana:

Attendance would double!

Unclebuck
02-12-2004, 12:36 PM
I am surprised that no one else is surprised that the Pacers are 4th in road attendence ahead of the Kings, Spurs, Mavs, Nets. Is that just a statitical aberration or are the Pacers popular. Maybe Artest, Reggie and J.O are popular outside Indy?

Hicks
02-12-2004, 12:39 PM
I am surprised that no one else is surprised that the Pacers are 4th in road attendence ahead of the Kings, Spurs, Mavs, Nets. Is that just a statitical aberration or are the Pacers popular. Maybe Artest, Reggie and J.O are popular outside Indy?

I really have no idea.

Ragnar
02-12-2004, 01:43 PM
In the 99-00 season the Pacers were no#2 behind the Lakers in road attendance.

Pig Nash
02-14-2004, 02:42 PM
I think the members of whatever city we're playing in want to see how their team stacks up against the best. We happen to be one of the best right now.

kerosene
02-14-2004, 05:47 PM

I'm surprised. I would've thought that even teams like Philly (because of AI) would draw more on the road. J.O. is pretty popular these days. Artest still doesn't get his due from casual basketball fans though.

One thing I did notice while looking at the schedule is that the Pacers have played a pretty good number of their road game on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. That would seem to help attendance. Also, having the season opener in Atlanta is better attendance-wise than having the season finisher there if you catch my drift.

Interesting.

Hicks
02-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Also, having the season opener in Atlanta is better attendance-wise than having the season finisher there if you catch my drift.

Interesting.

We didn't have our season opener in Atlanta... :confused:

kerosene
02-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Also, having the season opener in Atlanta is better attendance-wise than having the season finisher there if you catch my drift.

Interesting.

We didn't have our season opener in Atlanta... :confused:

Oops, that's right :blush:
3rd game of the season. Friday night Atlanta. We've also hit Washington twice on weekends and New Orleans once with more weekend game to go.

Unclebuck
02-15-2004, 12:03 AM
The first game we played Altanta was their home opener. and the other game we played in Atlanta was on MLK and besides Arkman boosting the attendence, they gave away $1.00 tickets, it was sold out.

kerosene
02-15-2004, 12:08 AM
I haven't looked at the attendance figures but I'd be willing to bet that some of these teams have a pretty significant increase in attendance for weekend games. Plus having a winning team coming in helps. Pacers have had a lot of weekend road games this year. More in the second half too.

That's right UB, I was confused and thought it was the Pacers opener as well for some reason.