PDA

View Full Version : Knicks in the 8th seed? Nah, I don't think so

Roaming Gnome
02-11-2004, 09:58 PM
I was on the Star's forum and ran across, "who would you like to play in the first round?" I got the feeling that a lot of folks think the Knicks are going to be in that 8th seed reinstating Hicks/Knicks Vol. VI. The way I see it happening is that the Knicks are going to make their way up to a 6 or 7 seed because they are playing decent with both Philly and Boston struggling to put anything together. I personally think we are looking at playing Cleveland in the first round because they have the ability, coaching and talent to put a little run together to eek by the Heat and the teams falling out of the race (Bos. and Philly).

Not counting tonights game against N.J., but I really like how Cleveland is putting their team together with striking gold with Carlos Boozer playing beyond expectations, their depth at center with Battie and Z. Illgauskis, and solid point play with Erick Williams, McInnis and K. Ollie, plus Dejuan Wagner and LeBron as scorers. Playing Clev. in the first round doesn't strike any fear into my heart, but I think they have a bright future ahead. Good for Cleveland and the east.

MSA2CF
02-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Not to discredit you or anything man, but isn't Eric Williams a SF--not a point?

I think a 6'8'' PG would be an interesting matchup to say the least. :o
l
l
l
l
Nevermind that part...I just saw that LeBron James, their PG, is 6'8'' also. :o

Roaming Gnome
02-11-2004, 10:16 PM
My bad, I just got ahead of myself and mis-spoke about Williams as a point. I was thinking of him as a veteran that they brought in, not a point. Whoops.

MSA2CF
02-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Yes, I agree that the Cavs are headed up the right path, but should they clinch the 8th seed and play us in the first round, they will be going the opposite way. :devil: I just hope we wouldn't totally demoralize the franchise and send it into another playoff ice age. :cool:

Knicks would be fun to play. They could give us some trouble, especially if any one of our big 4 is out.

Tim
02-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Yes, I agree that the Cavs are headed up the right path, but should they clinch the 8th seed and play us in the first round, they will be going the opposite way. :devil: I just hope we wouldn't totally demoralize the franchise and send it into another playoff ice age. :cool:

Knicks would be fun to play. They could give us some trouble, especially if any one of our big 4 is out.

The last thing we need is the Knicks in the first round. The Knicks have a quick point guard now, not good for us.