PDA

View Full Version : Byron Scott and Reality

Southside_Pacer
01-18-2004, 07:57 PM
I guess last night's game didn't show him anything.

"Until somebody beats us in May or June, we are the best team in the East. Period," Scott said, repeating his claim of last month that irked Johnson, his former player now with Indiana.

So Indiana, Detroit, and New Orleans all having better records means nothing to him? And us winning twice in New Jersey this season must not mean anything either. :rolleyes:

indygeezer
01-18-2004, 08:18 PM
I guess he figures that's bragging rights. But so far I've never seen a game start with them having extra points up on the board for last years record.

Guess he's just trying to keep his troops morale up and the revolution down.

Roaming Gnome
01-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Byron talks to damn much :soundoff:! Isn't he the one that wanted a cookie for beating us at Conseco last month.

Kegboy
01-18-2004, 10:38 PM
I understood when he said it a few weeks ago. NJ had just come out of a major bad time, and they'd beaten the best team in the east. People were on him to not be so critical of the team, so he trumpeted their horn, a bit.

As for understanding it now, not so much. He just did what his players did, pout and say, "We're still better." After going to the Finals twice in a row, you'd think they wouldn't be so immature.

Shade
01-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Ah...good 'ol Mr. BS. How appropriate. :p