PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Bucks Postgame

Sandman21
03-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Great play tonight, should have been 3 - 0 on this b2b2b.

Loved Area 55 taking over the Bradley Center.

G3 stepped up BIG.

PacersHomer
03-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Good game. Let's beat the Heat on Monday.

joew8302
03-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Probably one of the 5 best wins the team has had all season. Hill was fantastic. That said, if Ellis and Jennings aren't on fire the Bucks are in trouble...

Major Cold
03-24-2012, 09:54 PM
When was the last time we scored over 110 with our starters only shooting 2 3pts? Seriously Jones had more 3pt attempts and makes than our entire starters.

Unclebuck
03-24-2012, 09:55 PM
One of thei better wins of the season. Can't remember a game when more pacers players played better

Sandman21
They've got no interior defense. Roy and West tore them up.

BornReady
everybody on the Pacer's roster scored!!! :D

Heisenberg
03-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Bucks are 6-20 against teams .500+

Pacerized
03-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Great game, 51.2% shooting. I think we beat any team with a night like this.

Nuntius
03-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Bucks are 6-20 against teams .500+

But they are 2-1 against the Heat ;)

beast23
One of thei better wins of the season. Can't remember a game when more pacers players played better
Also, I can't remember the last game that everyone that dressed scored.

LoneGranger33
Roy Hibbert's last five: 18.2 pts, 8.8 rebs, 2 blks

Hope and pray that this streak extends to six games.

Sandman21
Hey, did anyone with League Pass watch on the Bucks feed tonight? Someone on twitter said that the Bucks announcers were mocking Area55 (while 30 of them took over the Bradley Center and put Squad Six to shame!).

You stay classy now, Milwaukee.

vnzla81
Haha once again to the Bucks for getting Dunleavy hahahahaha :laugh::laugh:

Nuntius
03-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey, did anyone with League Pass watch on the Bucks feed tonight? Someone on twitter said that the Bucks announcers were mocking Area55 (while 30 of them took over the Bradley Center and put Squad Six to shame!).

I watched the feed but I did not think that they made fun of Area55. Especially, in the start of the game they were full of respect for our guys. Dunno if I missed something towards the end.

beast23
03-24-2012, 10:02 PM
You shouldn't let your hatred of the player cloud an accurate depiction of what he has accomplished. The fact is, he has contributed quite a bit for the Bucks this season.

TheDavisBrothers
03-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Kinda random, but for those that think chemistry is overrated, in the half time segment Frank said "our guys really understand that togetherness is what's gonna refine whether we exceed our goals or fall short of our goals."

MiaDragon
03-24-2012, 10:03 PM

I did, and I did not get that at all, IIRC they gave the indy fans props for making the trip and said something like "they are in the upper deck, where they belong". I dont see the problem with that at all.

Sandman21
03-24-2012, 10:04 PM
I watched the feed but I did not think that they made fun of Area55. Especially, in the start of the game they were full of respect for our guys. Dunno if I missed something towards the end.

I bet they got butthurt because Area55 chanted "nah nah nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye" as the road team.:laugh:

Anthem
03-24-2012, 10:06 PM
I did, and I did not get that at all, IIRC they gave the indy fans props for making the trip and said something like "they are in the upper deck, where they belong". I dont see the problem with that at all.
And even then they said it jokingly.

Other than their repeated "The Pacers don't know how to pass the ball" stuff, they gave us a ton of props. One said we were one of the better teams they've played this season, and the other said "Well aren't they top-6 in the whole league?"

vnzla81
03-24-2012, 10:10 PM
You shouldn't let your hatred of the player cloud an accurate depiction of what he has accomplished. The fact is, he has contributed quite a bit for the Bucks this season.

He tried to hurt Tyler now my hate is bigger :mad:

Anthem
03-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Monta vs Granger:

Monta: 11 points on 9 shots in 30 minutes.
Granger: 15 points on 8 shots in 25 minutes.

Oh, and we won by 21.

Anthem
03-24-2012, 10:11 PM
He tried to hurt Tyler now my hate is bigger :mad:
It really did look like a dirty play. Wouldn't be surprised if it got upgraded.

righteouscool
03-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Offensively Granger has been really good the last two games. He looks like he has the last few years. I hope he's finally returning to form, because even the harshest critics can't justify an almost 4% drop in his FG% for the year.

BTW, I think this team would be absurdly good with a Rondo/Nash type point guard. I'm really hoping Bird can work his magic in the offseason and get Nash for a few years.

Nuntius
03-24-2012, 10:14 PM
I bet they got butthurt because Area55 chanted "nah nah nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye" as the road team.:laugh:

That could have been the case indeed :p

vnzla81
It really did look like a dirty play. Wouldn't be surprised if it got upgraded.

Yeah Tyler was mad after that, he wanted to punch Dunleavy's stupid face and I hope he did.

Peck
Monta vs Granger:

Oh, and we won by 21.

To late, I've been giving him hell on Twitter for this. I even had to rub it in that Dahntay outscored Monta tonight.:)

Anthem
03-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Seriously, though, this was a really nice game all the way around. They were simply unable to do anything to Roy in the post; we could have force-fed him all game and gotten him a career high tonight.

We shot twice as many free throws (although they only had two more PFs than us), outrebounded them 61-42, and shot over 50% from both inside and outside the arc. I'm not even sure where to start breaking the game down; we destroyed them from every angle.

Nuntius
03-24-2012, 10:16 PM
And even then they said it jokingly.

Other than their repeated "The Pacers don't know how to pass the ball" stuff, they gave us a ton of props. One said we were one of the better teams they've played this season, and the other said "Well aren't they top-6 in the whole league?"

Also, the whole "the Pacers don't know how to pass the ball" is true for the most part :laugh:

Justin Tyme
03-24-2012, 10:17 PM

Moped gets paid how much? Dunleavy gets 3.75 mil.

Moped & Jennings 9 of 25 36%.

Anthem
03-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Also, the whole "the Pacers don't know how to pass the ball" is true for the most part :laugh:
Well, let's talk about assists for the moment, because they had 30 assists and we only had 19. They had 3 assists for every 2 of ours.

Does anyone really think that their offense looked better than ours, or at least THAT MUCH better? Did they move the ball 50% better?

I just don't see how # of assists shows how well a team moves the ball, but their announcers kept hammering that (right up until we got a 20-point lead, at which point they shut up about it).

Kemo
03-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Excellent team effort tonight...

Everyone played well.. So it would take way too long for me to go into details on everyone..

But I wanna give specific shouts out to Roy and Hill though ...
I think Roy absolutely beasted it and took advantage of the mismatches all night...
Hill came in and definitely made his case for a decent contract soon..

George played good (minus the foul trouble) in his 17 minutes ..
Lou was excellent on defense ..

Danny and West played a good offensive games tonight as well...

Like I said , great team win ... with a very well rounded pummelling to the Bucks tonight..

odeez
03-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Great game, we needed a win like this!

xIndyFan
03-24-2012, 10:28 PM

i agree with you.

imo, a matter of youth more than anything else. all the young guys catch the ball and look around for something to do with it. the vets start looking before they get the ball. so the ball sticks, and gives the other guys a chance to get set up. it seems to be something that will go away with time and practice.

TMJ31
03-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Fantastic effort!

Seeing guys diving for loose balls, making hustle plays, pounding the boards and working the ball inside tonight was a thing of beauty!

BEAT THE HEAT!

Richard_Skull
03-24-2012, 10:45 PM
everybody on the Pacer's roster scored!!! :D

Just wondering. Does this make the Pacers the first team to have 13 players score in a game?

Anthem
03-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Just wondering. Does this make the Pacers the first team to have 13 players score in a game?
That's a good point. Quite possibly.

Shade
03-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Monta vs Granger:

Oh, and we won by 21.

Danny has outscored Monta each time they've played this season.

rock747
03-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Roy Hibbert‏@Hoya2aPacer
So proud of Area55. They came out in full force. Was louder than the whole crowd!

Peck
03-24-2012, 11:18 PM
That's a good point. Quite possibly.

I'm pretty sure we did it earlier this season as well.

LA_Confidential
03-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Wasn't able to watch but you can imagine how psyched I was when I saw the final score.

Winning big like this make it harder for me to bash DC but its no secret, he sucks.

Great Win, now turn down the HEAT!

daschysta
03-24-2012, 11:37 PM

And more efficiently to boot, while winning.

Richard_Skull
03-24-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm pretty sure we did it earlier this season as well.

I remember being a player short of it (12/13) much earlier in the year.

Anthem
03-24-2012, 11:41 PM

Yep, that's the point I was setting up.

Nuntius
03-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Well, let's talk about assists for the moment, because they had 30 assists and we only had 19. They had 3 assists for every 2 of ours.

Does anyone really think that their offense looked better than ours, or at least THAT MUCH better? Did they move the ball 50% better?

I just don't see how # of assists shows how well a team moves the ball, but their announcers kept hammering that (right up until we got a 20-point lead, at which point they shut up about it).

They moved the ball significantly better than us. But I agree that the # of assists do not necessarily show how well a team moves the ball. And frankly there's a reason that we don't get a lot of assists even when our offense is working (which it did tonight).

You don't get assists from Hibbert's post ups because he looks for a pass first. You don't always get assists from passing to Tyler because he is bound to pump fake before shooting 80% of the time. You don't get asister from passing to West unless it's a PnP. You don't get assists for driving and being fouled. And so on. In general, you don't get tons of assists for playing inside out.

Frankly, I don't care how many assists we get if we are to move the ball as we did tonight. But tonight we did a good job at it and our offense never got stagnant.

However, there are games in which our offense really stagnates. In those scenarios, I'd love us to move the ball the way the Bucks do.

PS: The only player that will consistently go up in the moment he gets the pass is Lou. Too bad that his finishing ability is not great and thus will not yield you a great number of assists.

rock747
03-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Mike Wells
Tyler Hansbrough on the flagrant foul Mike Dunleavy gave him in the second half. “To be honest with you it felt like he hit me with two elbows straight to my face,” Hansbrough, still upset, said after the game. “I’m not sure. My cheeks are hurting me pretty good and my teeth.” Hansbrough was supposed to get x-rays done, but they didn't have the proper equipment at the Bradley Center. He'll get checked in Indy.

RomanGabriel
03-25-2012, 12:03 AM

I was down on the floor level and the Area 55 guys were directly above me. Damn, you guys were loud! People around me were commenting about you the whole game wondering where the hell you all came from. The Bucks section (Bogut's Section 6 or whatever they're called)were also standing the entire game, but I literally could barely hear them. And it was cool as Roy was being introduced he looked up and acknowledged you guys.

LetsTalkPacers
03-25-2012, 12:03 AM
i respect bucks fans, but the bradley center blows

Bball
03-25-2012, 12:05 AM
I thought Dunleavy looked like he was just covering up his own face because he was expecting contact rather than playing straight up D. He did push with his forearms and elbows but I thought that was more instinct rather than malicious. But I didn't really watch the replays closely so I could be wrong...

RWB
03-25-2012, 12:10 AM
I was down on the floor level and the Area 55 guys were directly above me. Damn, you guys were loud! People around me were commenting about you the whole game wondering where the hell you all came from. The Bucks section (Bogut's Section 6 or whatever they're called)were also standing the entire game, but I literally could barely hear them. And it was cool as Roy was being introduced he looked up and acknowledged you guys.

Good for the folks from Area55. Paybacks hell sometimes I guess after the Squad 6 guys and gals claimed Conseco as their own the first go around. And honestly they did. Guess karma has a way of doing its 180.

CableKC
03-25-2012, 02:03 AM
Its cool that there was a travelling 'Area 55'. Just curious, how far is Milwaukee from Indy?

TheDavisBrothers
03-25-2012, 02:11 AM
I thought Dunleavy looked like he was just covering up his own face because he was expecting contact rather than playing straight up D. He did push with his forearms and elbows but I thought that was more instinct rather than malicious. But I didn't really watch the replays closely so I could be wrong...

That was my thought too. If anything it looked like he was scared of Hans comin at him. I still didn't like that he brought his elbows up like that tho...

AesopRockOn
03-25-2012, 04:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/JuhzQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/gkVKz.png

http://i.imgur.com/0GjVd.png

Johanvil
03-25-2012, 05:19 AM
Is this how you cover up your own face?
Haven't seen the game and the replays but merely judging from these pictures,doesn't do Dunleavy any favors.

CJ Jones
03-25-2012, 05:54 AM

Paul George + George Hill. And he's still played well against us.

Who's Danny had guarding him?

There is no Monta vs. Granger.

D-BONE
03-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Give Bucks Nash and it's a tight game late. Nash = difference in both our last two games. It's just incredible how much a top flight PG can influence a game.

Loved the offense - great that everyone got in on the act! Yet, we still gave up over 100.

Doddage
03-25-2012, 08:34 AM

Is there even a Squad 6 anymore with Bogut no longer in Milwaukee?

IndyHoya
03-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Its cool that there was a travelling 'Area 55'. Just curious, how far is Milwaukee from Indy?

4 1/2 hours.

Deadshot
03-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Is there even a Squad 6 anymore with Bogut no longer in Milwaukee?

It could probably work on the premise that they act as a "6th man."

IndyHoya
03-25-2012, 09:02 AM
It could probably work on the premise that they act as a "6th man."

There is still a Squad 6, but their patron is gone. There has also been great attrition in their numbers. They're not what they used to be at all.

Sherlock
03-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Concerning the comments on Pacers not being a good passing team.
I think the two argumentsare both true,
on Pacers having a system not favorite for assistants and on Pacers having worse passing skills in average, .

We don't have a lot catch and shot elements in our offence.
We don't have a lot passing to cutter under basket elements as well.
Those are the offensive system.

But we also pass not particularly well. Bucks are doing better in this regard.
Danny and Darren are below average passer in their position.
Hibbert, West, and George are better but not good yet.

I do think an addition of Nash-ish PG will do wonders to this team.

dohman
03-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Tyler cannot get mad at mike for that. Its the same thing tyler would of done if mike was flying at him full speed out of control...

Dgreenwell3
03-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Kinda random, but for those that think chemistry is overrated, in the half time segment Frank said "our guys really understand that togetherness is what's gonna refine whether we exceed our goals or fall short of our goals."

Yeah my high school basketball coach (Went to school in a DODEA school as I grew up in the military) was a Retired Green beret. He always said, "Basketball is just like combat, you fight as one. Shooting guards and small forwards are the artillery and planes, Power forwards and Center are the infantry and the Point guard is the Intelligence officer guiding them to a target. If you don't play as unit, it doesn't matter how good you are."

Hoop
03-26-2012, 05:33 PM
I respect the Squad 6 guys. They were loud and annoying when they came to our place last season, but they were not obnoxious and didn't cuss at people. They were classy, unlike Chicago's "sorry excuse for human beings" fans.

I hope Area 55 were respectful, but really loud and some what annoying. After all they represent all of us. ;)