PDA

View Full Version : My Pacers Music Video

Steagles
03-23-2012, 08:48 PM
I made this over the last week as a project for school. Constructive comments and criticism appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQm4xD8Ja3M

idioteque
03-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Not my style of music and I would have preferred to have not revisited the brawl, but other than that it was good.

Steagles
03-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Not my style of music and I would have preferred to have not revisited the brawl, but other than that it was good.

Well the brawl was to set up for the, "It's been a long time coming, and the table's turned around"
Thanks

TheDavisBrothers
03-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Well the brawl was to set up for the, "It's been a long time coming, and the table's turned around"
Thanks

Nice video...

I like the idea behind it, with the brawl.

The Jeff foul on Rose made me depressed, knowing I'll never get to see that again, but it also slapped a big ol smile on my face at the same time!

idioteque
03-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks

Okay, I thought that may have been the case but wasn't sure. You could have conveyed "its a long time coming" with just a 20 second still shot of Murph in a Pacer's uniform ;)

Steagles
03-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Nice video...

I like the idea behind it, with the brawl.

The Jeff foul on Rose made me depressed, knowing I'll never get to see that again, but it also slapped a big ol smile on my face at the same time!

And timed for "Don't cry like a ***** when you feel the pain." I thought that was perfect for Feisty Foster

Steagles
03-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Okay, I thought that may have been the case but wasn't sure. You could have conveyed "its a long time coming" with just a 20 second still shot of Murph in a Pacer's uniform ;)

Touché

graphic-er
03-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Okay I assume you wan to get better, so i'm gonna lay into you a bit on this.

I can see the angle you are going for here, but how you handled the opening sequence makes everything seem like we are still the team that will brawl with you in the stands. You go from fighting in the stands to current Pacers being physical and blocking shots and dunking over people. You need a more dramatic and tension building transition. After the brawl footage I would suggest that you start off with a game winner at different angles. A clip of Vogel at his first presser? Don't be afraid to mess with the video speed as well, you can make some great sequences by mixing in some slo-mo.

Additionally its your choice of music. The story can't be told by just using the one song. I'd clearly define the brawl era with a different song. Some thing more pensive.

Just my opinion though.

Steagles
03-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Okay I assume you wan to get better, so i'm gonna lay into you a bit on this.

I can see the angle you are going for here, but how you handled the opening sequence makes everything seem like we are still the team that will brawl with you in the stands. You go from fighting in the stands to current Pacers being physical and blocking shots and dunking over people. You need a more dramatic and tension building transition. After the brawl footage I would suggest that you start off with a game winner at different angles. A clip of Vogel at his first presser? Don't be afraid to mess with the video speed as well, you can make some great sequences by mixing in some slo-mo.

Additionally its your choice of music. The story can't be told by just using the one song. I'd clearly define the brawl era with a different song. Some thing more pensive.

Just my opinion though.
I appreciate the constructive feedback. I chose the song for the whole, "its been coming, now its here"mentality. I never thought to involve Frank. And like i said, it was for school but I had fun making it. I'll definitely take your pointers to heart the next time.