PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Wizards postgame thread

vnzla81
03-22-2012, 09:31 PM
A win is a win but this win is just meh to me.

Go Pacers!!

BornReady
03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
we beat the wizards and the refs

rock747
03-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Thank god we played the Wizards!

binarysolo
03-22-2012, 09:34 PM
league pass trolled us hard tonight lol

pizza guy
03-22-2012, 09:36 PM
A win is a win but this win is just meh to me.

Go Pacers!!

Meh!?

I'm quite proud of the guys for keeping their heads in this game and pulling out a victory after trailing by 20 at half.

I missed most of the first half, but WHY WERE WE DOWN 20 TO THE WIZARDS?

Still, Roy went beast mode in the 4th and we had good effort, defense, and contributions from everyone in the second half.

Love the cajones PG24 had to take that 3 for the lead after just missing one. DC made an awesome play stealing that inbound pass. And the effort in the last minute to keep the ball alive and get those offensive rebounds was great.

Sometimes ya gotta win ugly, but they all count the same.

ksuttonjr76
03-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Good game! If we would have lost, I think I would have drove to Indianapolis to cuss the team out myself.

rock747
03-22-2012, 09:38 PM
My favorite part of the game was Paul George's confidence to take the last shot, and make one.

LG33
Well, we came back from a horrible first half, so that's a positive.

Leandro Barbosa shot 1 of 3 and recorded 3 turnovers, so I think it's safe to say he's been integrated into our system.

Those offensive rebounds on that last possession were clearly out of respect for Jeff Foster. You'll be missed, buddy!

This game reinforced my doubts about our offensive schemes. I may not be smart, but I know enough to see that our offense fails more than it succeeds. Also, I may not be smart, but I know what love is, Jenny.

AesopRockOn
Pacers Digest, Your 2012 Washington Wizards!!!

We play them again in like a week. :)

PR07
03-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Didn't see this one, but judging how things were going, I thought we were going to lose.

ASkin_ANight
03-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Meh!?

I'm quite proud of the guys for keeping their heads in this game and pulling out a victory after trailing by 20 at half.

I missed most of the first half, but WHY WERE WE DOWN 20 TO THE WIZARDS?

Still, Roy went beast mode in the 4th and we had good effort, defense, and contributions from everyone in the second half.

Love the cajones PG24 had to take that 3 for the lead after just missing one. DC made an awesome play stealing that inbound pass. And the effort in the last minute to keep the ball alive and get those offensive rebounds was great.

Sometimes ya gotta win ugly, but they all count the same.

For sure. Yeah, it's bad that we were down 20 to the Wizards, but to come back like that and win really gives me confidence in this team, and it gives confidence to the players as well. I think it's a great win.

gummy
03-22-2012, 09:41 PM
I was grumpy with Paul about a few plays down the stretch, but I'll admit it took guts to hoist it up again, even though I'm not positive it was the very best thing to do. If he misses it, many of us would be questioning his decision-making. So it goes, I'm just glad he was willing to seize the moment, one way or another.

Should we have been down so big to the Wizards? No, but that was a hard nosed, persistent, blue collar comeback, and I appreciate it.

Also, just one more **** you to League Pass for making my blood pressure skyrocket for the umpteenth time tonight.

LG33
03-22-2012, 09:42 PM
I can't imagine we'll beat Phoenix tomorrow night.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb92/jkennon/debbie.jpg

Shade
03-22-2012, 09:43 PM
This may be the most schizophrenic Pacers team I've ever seen.

gummy
03-22-2012, 09:44 PM

With our bi-polar team personality you'd be crazy to bet against it and crazy to bet in favor. ;) I'm just gonna wait for the game.

ilive4sports
03-22-2012, 09:45 PM
I missed most of the first half so not really sure what happened there. Can't believe we pulled this one out. If we didn't.... oh I'm not gonna think about it. Roy came up huge in the second half. Danny triggered the comeback in the third. Paul George, for as many times as it seemed like he was gonna lose us the game (made some pretty terrible decisions, especially on defense), well he hit the biggest shot of the game.

And big props to David West, coming up huge on the offensive glass. The box score says he only has 4 rebounds, but damn, he was dominate at the end of the game. Those tip outs were for Jeff Foster.

All in all, dont play like that again please.

mattie
03-22-2012, 09:46 PM
I was grumpy with Paul about a few plays down the stretch, but I'll admit it took guts to hoist it up again, even though I'm not positive it was the very best thing to do. If he misses it, many of us would be questioning his decision-making. So it goes, I'm just glad he was willing to seize the moment, one way or another.

Should we have been down so big to the Wizards? No, but that was a hard nosed, persistent, blue collar comeback, and I appreciate it.

Also, just one more **** you to League Pass for making my blood pressure skyrocket for the umpteenth time tonight.

no matter how many times Danny or Paul miss, if either of them have an open shot I want them to take it, no matter how much is left on the shot clock. It was a good shot. Not because he made it. Because he's shot 40% from downtown, and he was wide open. Good shot. Sometimes they don't drop, but if you're open and you're a shooter, you better damn well shoot it.

That's something some of the dumber posters on PD haven't realized in the last few years. A bad shot is a contested shot, not an open shot.

BringJackBack
I could have swore when Paul George hit that three to put us up, he looked right at Darren Collison as if he was about to pass it to him, and he said to himself, "Yeah I really doubt it," and just put it up and made it.

Nuntius
Also, I may not be smart, but I know what love is, Jenny.

:laugh:

picasso
Meh WTF?

That was the best game of the Year..

Jesus my heart was racing. Danny went Ham on the 3rd.

Paul's Nuts just dropped. Hibbert would not be denied.

Collison doing his best to lose the game then win it with a steal.
That Kid is gonna be the death of me..

Game was so intense. Proud of our guys. Dwest showed heart and courage.

Nuntius
03-22-2012, 09:49 PM

This. Tonight's game was weird. The last 1 and a half minute was weiiiiiiiird. I love the team and I loved the win. I cannot stop laughing at the moment. Everything (especially gummy and LG33) look funny as hell :laugh:

Day-V
How the **** did we win that game? Wizards or not, we had NO business winning that! Last year's team would've folded at halftime and we would have lost by 30.

David ****ing West. Roy ****ing Hibbert. And yeah, I'll say it, Lou ****ing Amundson.

Will Galen
On Pacers.com they have a picture of Danny going up for a shot. It looks like he has writing on his arm and hand.

Anyone know anything about this or is it just shadows from the net? (See other arm.)

AesopRockOn
03-22-2012, 09:51 PM

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb92/jkennon/debbie.jpg

Your use of the Debbie Downer meme is Gump-esque.

vnzla81
03-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Meh WTF?

That was the best game of the Year..

Jesus my heart was racing. Danny went Ham on the 3rd.

Paul's Nuts just dropped. Hibbert would not be denied.

Collison doing his best to lose the game then win it with a steal.
That Kid is gonna be the death of me..

Game was so intense. Proud of our guys. Dwest showed heart and courage.

Game of the year? I don't know about that, hopefully we forget about this game.

BringJackBack
03-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Oh yeah, and Barbosa freaking the eff out when Paul George hit the three made me crack up like nothing else this year.

Strummer
03-22-2012, 09:53 PM
The Wizards couldn't miss in the first half. I knew they would cool off eventually. But I didn't know if we'd heat up enough to pull it out. Glad we did.

Nice, nice hustle at the end by everyone on the Pacers.

gummy
03-22-2012, 09:54 PM
no matter how many times Danny or Paul miss, if either of them have an open shot I want them to take it, no matter how much is left on the shot clock. It was a good shot. Not because he made it. Because he's shot 40% from downtown, and he was wide open. Good shot. Sometimes they don't drop, but if you're open and you're a shooter, you better damn well shoot it.

That's something some of the dumber posters on PD haven't realized in the last few years. A bad shot is a contested shot, not an open shot.

I agree it was a good shot - I'm glad he had the courage to take it, even if it had been a miss. But my initial emotional reaction to him going up immediately was "no, no, no" anyway, haha.

Johanvil

Exactly.On one hand,you want to tear them apart for being carefree,passive and giving up big leads and on the other hand to praise them for getting some really big wins against classy opponents or getting wins after being behind by many points and for a large period of time.

pizza guy
On Pacers.com they have a picture of Danny going up for a shot. It looks like he has writing on his arm and hand.

Anyone know anything about this or is it just shadows from the net? (See other arm.)

Looks like a shadow to me

LG33
03-22-2012, 09:55 PM
I would be remiss if I didn't compliment Hibbert (who I've been tough on this season) on his strong play this evening, Nene be damned. 19 pts (8-14) and 9 rebs (5 offensive), with several of those shots and boards coming in the clutch. Happy to see it.

vnzla81
03-22-2012, 09:55 PM
By the way does anybody knows wtf was Wall doing at the end? that was some funny s*** :laugh:

picasso
03-22-2012, 09:56 PM

For the pacers! Yes it is.. What other game is better than this one?

Hibbert
03-22-2012, 09:57 PM

Kinda looks like "Clip" but it could be a shadow. Not really sure.

Deadshot
03-22-2012, 09:57 PM

So it wasn't just my connection? League Pass Broadband cut out on me immediately after the Collison steal and never came back. I was pissed...

Johanvil
03-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh and PG,doesn't matter how young you are and inexperienced,you just don't foul anybody with 2 seconds left on the clock especially if that guy is behind the 3pt line.

Kemo
It is games EXACTLY like this one, that enables this whole squad, to grow as a team in many aspects...

We actually NEEDED a drag-em-out major comeback win like this, where our sheer hustle , heart and determination pulled us through in the end...

It is games like this that will enable this team to pull out Wins when we get to the post-season...

The team grew up a little bit tonight...

Magic P
By the way does anybody knows wtf was Wall doing at the end? that was some funny s*** :laugh:

He thought he was a Harlem Globetrotter

boombaby1987
03-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Random Thing that irks me a little bit:
Attendance: 15,874
No way. I realize that attendance generally includes amount of tickets sold, but there had to be 7,000 or less in that whole building. Just seems that other teams BS their attendance so much worse than we do. Maybe thats why were last in attendance.

vnzla81
For the pacers! Yes it is.. What other game is better than this one?

The Clippers game was better in my opinion, the Chicago game? The lakers game?

IndySDExport

I'll take schizophrenic over consistent when consistent means consistently bad.

vnzla81
03-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Yep PG is going to pay some money

Paul George ‏ @King24George Reply Retweet Favorite Open
I'm not a vet but DAMN refs treat me like a rookie! #SMH

Stuckey7370
03-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Paul George ‏ @King24George

Guessing he'll get fined?

Strummer
03-22-2012, 10:04 PM
So it wasn't just my connection? League Pass Broadband cut out on me immediately after the Collison steal and never came back. I was pissed...

For most of us they cut the feed right after the officials waved off the final shot (to tie). They were just starting a replay to show if the ball was out of his hands in time or not. But we never got to see the replay.

Magic P
03-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Someone has to make a gif of Barsosa's celebration after the PG three.

ilive4sports
03-22-2012, 10:07 PM

refs did make some bad calls on PG, especially the offensive foul

Hibbert
03-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Danny in the second half went 5/8 FG, 15 PTs, and 2 STLs.

McKeyFan
03-22-2012, 10:08 PM
For most of us they cut the feed right after the officials waved off the final shot (to tie). They were just starting a replay to show if the ball was out of his hands in time or not. But we never got to see the replay.
yeah, they counted it.

Overtime going on as we write. Sorry broadband isn't working for you.

:zip:

Dr. Hibbert
03-22-2012, 10:08 PM
I actually thought this was one of the biggest wins of the year. Yes, even though it was ugly and against a league basement team. Why? Because in the losing stretches this year, this was a game where the Pacers would just get down 15-20, go "meh" and just give a lackluster effort in an attempt to be done, lick their wounds and hurry home. They actually fought tonight, and Hibbert led the fight. Really think that was an important development.

Mr_Smith
03-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Great comeback....great win, 5 vs. 8 out there tonight and they got it done.

McKeyFan
03-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Well, Collison and Paul both made several really boneheaded decisions down the stretch. Luckily, Paul hit the go ahead three and Collison got the steal. Otherwise, PD would be lighting them up about now.

rock747
03-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Paul George‏@King24George

It's true but is this gonna get PG fined?

Justin Tyme
03-22-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm elated for this win, BUT for petesake this team has to quit coming out lethargic and digging themselves a hole to start the game. If this continues in the playoffs, it could be a 1st round loss. Tomorrow night I expect this team to come out of the gate with fire in their eyes. This team can't get comfortable getting down and constantly expecting to win. It creates a false sense of security.

vnzla81
refs did make some bad calls on PG, especially the offensive foul

Yeah that was a horrible call what was PG supposed to do?

Stuckey7370

And it's gone

Heisenberg
David West, you professional SOB!

AusPACER
I missed the 1st, but man the 2nd was bad. Danny kept us around in the 3rd and Roy carried us in the clutch. PG had what was the final punch.

Youre never going to hit your next shot if you're thinking about the last one missing, that was a sign of a really mature player!

PHX and then the bucks will be tough, both are playing good. But these grind it out wins are games we would never have won 12 months ago.

Good fight. Another W. hill must guard Nash!

BringJackBack
03-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Well, Collison and Paul both made several really boneheaded decisions down the stretch. Luckily, Paul hit the go ahead three and Collison got the steal. Otherwise, PD would be lighting them up about now.

However, DC tried his best to screw us over after the steal.. Could have cost us the game. Dude is just self destructive in the clutch.

vnzla81
03-22-2012, 10:13 PM

True but I still don't understand Vogel's decision in leaving DC in at the end of the game, that was a horrible decision in my opinion.

Justin Tyme
03-22-2012, 10:14 PM
would be lighting them up about now.

Harrison and Rush are gone.

Isaac
03-22-2012, 10:16 PM

I thought you were referring to how terrible the Wizards broadcasters were, but I guess there were connection issues for some. Seriously though, that Wizards broadcast managed to be basketball ignorant, xenophobic, homerific and all around cringe worthy. Worst team I've heard in a long time. They even made an interview with Truck Robinson awkward.

As far as the game goes, DC actually made three or four really nice decisions in transition, which was the first time I'd seen that. His pass to Paul George who got fouled trying to dunk wowed me. He also made a great pass to Tyler in transition who fumbled the ball because he was expected Collison to make his normal pass to the furthest guy in the break who was well covered. Roy really stepped up in the fourth quarter, which was really nice to see. He needs to continue to try to play without the roller coaster of emotions, but it was really great to see him dominate that fourth quarter and be thrilled about it after. I think that win will buy us 8-10 really solid Hibbert performances, which is great, but its a bummer his play is so contingent on his emotions.

Richard_Skull
03-22-2012, 10:16 PM
This is a big win for us. Washington went F***ing nuts in the first quarter, both offensively and defensively (officials were bad too). We had to work hard for this one.

Also, I so love Roy when plays like this. And you always give a shooter a second shot in the same spot if you can, they will very rarely miss it twice.

vnzla81
03-22-2012, 10:17 PM
However, DC tried his best to screw us over after the steal.. Could have cost us the game. Dude is just self destructive in the clutch.

Yep he has to be one of the clutchless players in the NBA, he loves to make mistakes at the wrong time for some reason.

Nuntius
03-22-2012, 10:23 PM
xenophobic

What did they say?

Nuntius
03-22-2012, 10:27 PM
On an irrelevant note, I find it extremely funny that no one commented on GH dribbling the ball on his foot and out of bounds when this board went berzerk at DC for doing this on the previous game.

If it wasn't for such double standards like this then I wouldn't even defend DC :p

LG33
03-22-2012, 10:31 PM
On an irrelevant note, I find it extremely funny that no one commented on GH dribbling the ball on his foot and out of bounds when this board went berzerk at DC for doing this on the previous game.

If it wasn't for such double standards like this then I wouldn't even defend DC :p

I'm just waiting for Jim Rome to weigh in.

Kid Minneapolis
03-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Anyone who describes this game as "meh" needs to go to the doctor tomorrow morning.

First, Washington is improved, they got some players. Not playoff-bound obviously, but bringing those guys in was good, they put up a helluva fight and took it to us early.

Down 22, our guys gathered themselves and fought back for the entire 2nd half. That's a mark of a team with some moxy to be able to keep themselves invested in the game after getting down so far.

Hibbert was a man in the 2nd half.... Paul George was big.... David West showed up in the final 90 seconds with some man rebounds to keep possessions alive, those were KILLER for the Wiz.

Collison frustrates me, but that steal after PG's 3 was money.

Winning on the road against an improved team after getting smacked in the mouth early is far from "meh". This was a big confidence builder. These guys learned that they can still can win no matter how far back they are.

Mr_Smith
03-22-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm just waiting for Jim Rome to weigh in.

Here some Jim Rome in reference to the bad calls down the stretch.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_-I7oZBn5q8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pacers4Life
03-22-2012, 10:42 PM
. Those tip outs were for Jeff Foster.

Here here my man :buddies:

I have nothing further to add presently.

TheDavisBrothers
03-22-2012, 10:47 PM
That's something some of the dumber posters on PD haven't realized in the last few years.

Yeah... :highhorse:

Hibbert
03-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Frank Vogel: "Paul George is becoming one of the best defensive players on the perimeter in the NBA."

Nuntius
03-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Frank Vogel: "Paul George is becoming one of the best defensive players on the perimeter in the NBA."

If Frank was a poster here, people would torch him for being a homer :p

LG33
03-22-2012, 11:02 PM

Vogel always has and always will champion his players, but his praise here isn't far from the truth. He still leaves his feet and gambles for steals too much, but he's got the attitude, approach and athleticism to defend at the highest level.

D-BONE
03-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Trainwreck of a win. Good effort but thank heavens it was the Wiz.

Eddie Gill
03-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Meh WTF?

Paul's Nuts just dropped.

I lol'd.

Anthem
03-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Danny in the second half went 5/8 FG, 15 PTs, and 2 STLs.
I really didn't understand it, actually. Danny lit them up in the 4th, and then didn't take another shot except for a putback in the 4th. Why didn't we go to him more in the final quarter?

jeffg-body
03-23-2012, 12:08 AM
I really liked watching this game, even though we were down so much. To see our guys fight back and claw and scratch their way back in the game was great. This kind of stuff brings a team together. Then PG hits the three and decided to show the world that he is clutch. Then DC making that steal just sealed it for me. I hope that they can keep their defensive effort during the next two games.

daschysta
03-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Big win. We played maybe the worse half of basketball, certainly the worst quarter i've seen out of the Pacers in a long time, got down huge and still managed to put the squeeze on and win against an improved Wizards team.

Hibbert was huge, and showed some great toughness down the stretch, he decided Nene couldn't guard him and just dominated him, there was nothing Nene could do. I have a feeling we may be in for a stretch of All-Star level Roy. I remember some people claiming that Nene was a better player than Roy before the season started :rolleyes:.

Hopefully with our worst game behind us we can take it tough to Phoenix, who is right back in the playoff picture in the West and the Upstart Bucks, who are clawing to make the playoffs in the East.

If we win both we're in pretty good shape going into the Miami game Monday, our guys should be fired up after losing such a tearjerker last time.

Great win :dance:.

dal9
03-23-2012, 12:26 AM
If we win both we're in pretty good shape going into the Miami game Monday, our guys should be fired up after losing such a tearjerker last time.

Again? How many motherloving times do we have to play MIA this year?!

Anthem
03-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Couple other things I noticed, since nobody seems to have done any analysis.

1. I love that several starters are rocking brand-new Lance Stephensons. Awesome.

2. Early in the 3rd, Paul George demonstrated a strong post move. We've seen how nice it is for Danny to have a post game, but if Paul gets one too then four of our 5 starters will regularly be able to post up. That's wild.

3. Tyler's help defense has improved tremendously. Do you guys remember how bad it was at the beginning of the season, let alone last year? He didn't get many points tonight, but his defense was actually quite good. I figured he'd always be a sieve.

4. Totally unheralded in the game thread, but Danny Granger played some serious lock-down defense in the last couple minutes. It might have been that good all along, not sure, but I really noticed it at the end.

5. Man, Nene would have looked really good in a Pacers uniform.

6. Is this the second or third game that there's been a pause because Danny's bleeding? I'm not saying it makes him a tough guy because it's almost certainly just a scratch. I just can't figure out how the dude is getting cut up so often.

7. I don't know if this is an old thing or not, but I just started noticing it tonight. When Paul George is running out at a 3-point shooter, he somehow plants both feet and makes a huge superman jump. You see him start it at 8:28 and 8:05 in the third, do a mini one at 5:11, and there's at least twice in the second half when he takes flight, but I didn't find them.

6. Earlier in the week I posted the article about Danny having "old man moves." I don't know if it's because I was looking for it or what, but I really noticed that tonight. He kept driving by guys, getting under the hoop, and just laying it in. I don't think I've ever seen so many contested layups from a guy with two feet on the ground.

7. Danny and Roy have really started to know how to play the two-man game. Danny hit Roy well on several occasions, and rebounded Roy's misses. Roy did the same for Danny, hitting him under the basket in the 4th and getting several buckets off of tip-ins of Danny's miss.

8. Collison is really really fast, and had some nice acceleration moves tonight. But he looked gassed for the whole second half. Not talking about his play, just looking at him during dead balls.

9. My favorite play of the night, prior to crunch time, was Barbosa laying John Wall out and getting foul shots to boot.

10. That Hill / Barbosa lineup didn't look so good tonight, did it? Like I said after the Clips game, we should probably try for a larger sample size before declaring him heir apparent to the starting role.

11. I really want to see a Fesenko / Amundson frontcourt. Make it so, Vogel.

12. Did you guys see when Barbosa got lost on D and Danny shoved him into the right spot? Just thought it was funny.

13. I really like it when West is all the way on the wing and feeds Roy from there. Really opens up the middle.

I'd only planned to write 3 or 4 notes, but decided to try to find one of the Paul George Superman jumps and just kept writing while I was watching.

Bball
03-23-2012, 12:34 AM
For the most part I think I'll just accept this win and move on from this game. I'm not sure there is a takeaway here.

The one thought that kept going through my mind watching the game was questioning the team's basketball IQ. I don't know if that is on the players, the coaching staff, or the PG position (who I think should be an extension of the coach on the floor).

Especially on offense these guys at times do some counter-productive things. At some point blaming O'Brien for player's not recognizing a good shot is more excuse than explanation.

Even after the team had clawed back close they blew some possessions that against a better team would've thwarted the comeback.

And in clutch time DC just looks like he doesn't want to pass the ball, but he also doesn't look like he has a clue what he's going to do either. ...Except dribble around, maybe not muff the dribble, and then looked panicked and take the first semi-open look he can get in the final couple secs of the shot clock. If nothing else, he's generally got a teammate trying to set a pick... maybe he should use it?

At least West and Roy seemed to understand what they needed to do tonight. It doesn't always work out in games, and sometimes Roy gets pushed around more than we'd like... But he's generally got the right idea.

Then again... maybe I should take my own advice and not over-analyze this game. Take the win and enjoy it for what it was... or is...

daschysta
03-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Couple other things I noticed, since nobody seems to have done any analysis.

1. I love that several starters are rocking brand-new Lance Stephensons. Awesome.

2. Early in the 3rd, Paul George demonstrated a strong post move. We've seen how nice it is for Danny to have a post game, but if Paul gets one too then four of our 5 starters will regularly be able to post up. That's wild.

3. Tyler's help defense has improved tremendously. Do you guys remember how bad it was at the beginning of the season, let alone last year? He didn't get many points tonight, but his defense was actually quite good. I figured he'd always be a sieve.

4. Totally unheralded in the game thread, but Danny Granger played some serious lock-down defense in the last couple minutes. It might have been that good all along, not sure, but I really noticed it at the end.

5. Man, Nene would have looked really good in a Pacers uniform.

6. Is this the second or third game that there's been a pause because Danny's bleeding? I'm not saying it makes him a tough guy because it's almost certainly just a scratch. I just can't figure out how the dude is getting cut up so often.

7. I don't know if this is an old thing or not, but I just started noticing it tonight. When Paul George is running out at a 3-point shooter, he somehow plants both feet and makes a huge superman jump. You see him start it at 8:28 and 8:05 in the third, do a mini one at 5:11, and there's at least twice in the second half when he takes flight, but I didn't find them.

6. Earlier in the week I posted the article about Danny having "old man moves." I don't know if it's because I was looking for it or what, but I really noticed that tonight. He kept driving by guys, getting under the hoop, and just laying it in. I don't think I've ever seen so many contested layups from a guy with two feet on the ground.

7. Danny and Roy have really started to know how to play the two-man game. Danny hit Roy well on several occasions, and rebounded Roy's misses. Roy did the same for Danny, hitting him under the basket in the 4th and getting several buckets off of tip-ins of Danny's miss.

8. Collison is really really fast, and had some nice acceleration moves tonight. But he looked gassed for the whole second half. Not talking about his play, just looking at him during dead balls.

9. My favorite play of the night, prior to crunch time, was Barbosa laying John Wall out and getting foul shots to boot.

10. That Hill / Barbosa lineup didn't look so good tonight, did it? Like I said after the Clips game, we should probably try for a larger sample size before declaring him heir apparent to the starting role.

11. I really want to see a Fesenko / Amundson frontcourt. Make it so, Vogel.

12. Did you guys see when Barbosa got lost on D and Danny shoved him into the right spot? Just thought it was funny.

13. I really like it when West is all the way on the wing and feeds Roy from there. Really opens up the middle.

I'd only planned to write 3 or 4 notes, but decided to try to find one of the Paul George Superman jumps and just kept writing while I was watching.

Bolded is why i'm confident in keeping Granger as an important part of this team for the long haul. I don't see anything he he does now that he shouldn't be able to do at 33, barring freak injury. He's still a really good player, whose shot has just been a bit off this year. I'll bet he finds it before the end, but even if he doesn't he's doing alot of other really good things that help us win.

Plus he's a model citizen, guys like him and he's the most popular/well known player currently on the team, which matters to the locals. Ask them, Roy hasn't taken over face of the franchise duty yet in most non-diehards minds.

rel
03-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Posted in game thread earlier:

going to see Justice in concert! When i get back, i better be reading about how we came back

soooo...just got back and HOORAH! EXACTLY what i wanted to be reading.
Now...time to watch what I missed out on!

ilive4sports
03-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Big win. We played maybe the worse half of basketball, certainly the worst quarter i've seen out of the Pacers in a long time, got down huge and still managed to put the squeeze on and win against an improved Wizards team.

Hibbert was huge, and showed some great toughness down the stretch, he decided Nene couldn't guard him and just dominated him, there was nothing Nene could do. I have a feeling we may be in for a stretch of All-Star level Roy. I remember some people claiming that Nene was a better player than Roy before the season started :rolleyes:.

Hopefully with our worst game behind us we can take it tough to Phoenix, who is right back in the playoff picture in the West and the Upstart Bucks, who are clawing to make the playoffs in the East.

This is a very good point. Nene is a good defender. Roy really had his way with him in the second half. I think this was an important game for Roy, kinda get his mojo back. The first half of the month wasn't too good for Big Roy, but the second half, he has really picked it up.

Nuntius
03-23-2012, 01:32 AM
This is a very good point. Nene is a good defender. Roy really had his way with him in the second half. I think this was an important game for Roy, kinda get his mojo back. The first half of the month wasn't too good for Big Roy, but the second half, he has really picked it up.

Nene is a good defender but Roy is simply longer and can easily take his shot off against him. Still, major props to Hibby :)

immortality
03-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Nene is a good defender but Roy is simply longer and can easily take his shot off against him. Still, major props to Hibby :)

Luckily Wizards didn't realize Pacers have trouble getting Hibbert the ball when you front him.

Nuntius
03-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Luckily Wizards didn't realize Pacers have trouble getting Hibbert the ball when you front him.

This, as well. They could also go with Seraphin who is longer but went with Nene which helped us quite a bit :)

rel
03-23-2012, 02:02 AM
i wonder if Nene regrets not signing with the Pacers...hmm

AesopRockOn
03-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Okay, I just watched the replay. What the ****? They cut off the game right as you're about to see if Wall had gotten the floater off. I don't think I'm buying LP next year. The increase in price, the awful customer service, and now this kind of ********? Kill yourself, NBA. I'm serious, do it, seriously, do it now.

:gopacers:

rexnom
03-23-2012, 03:44 AM
I think the Barbosa move was a no-brainer. But I am still not liking the idea of Hill/Barbosa. If Hill isn't hitting miracle shots at the end of the shot clock, we're not getting as much from him as we did when Price was manning the point.

xtacy
03-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Again? How many motherloving times do we have to play MIA this year?!

well said. i feel the same way.

DaveP63
03-23-2012, 06:04 AM

Hopefully, they never ******* forget it. The next time they need to dig out of a 20 point self made hole, they might want to ******* remember.

yoadknux
03-23-2012, 06:10 AM
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/7e/fullj.f33ad850081fb73fb99b9310b69ec6c9/ap-201203222041745065211.jpg

McKeyFan
03-23-2012, 06:24 AM
Okay, I just watched the replay. What the ****? They cut off the game right as you're about to see if Wall had gotten the floater off. I don't think I'm buying LP next year. The increase in price, the awful customer service, and now this kind of ********? Kill yourself, NBA. I'm serious, do it, seriously, do it now.

:gopacers:

May not be a LP thing. Maybe an Indy area thing? I have LP here in Tennessee and no problems at all last night.

glazedham42
03-23-2012, 07:36 AM
Funny watching John Wall run around those last 9.5 seconds like someone cut his head off, and never even getting a shot off. A real player could've scored about 8 points in that same time frame. :cool:

Alabama-Redneck
03-23-2012, 07:46 AM
May not be a LP thing. Maybe an Indy area thing? I have LP here in Tennessee and no problems at all last night.

I'm in Alabama and have LP. With the exception of the storms, I had no problem. Sometimes there were 20-25 people on the floor and they were all different colors but the length was fine.

Reminded me of how things looked to me in the 60's and 70's. :blush: :o

Justin Tyme
03-23-2012, 07:47 AM
Did anyone one else pickup on the Chris D comment about the Pacers pounding the air in the ball late in the game?

It takes DC a life time of dribbling with the clock running down b4 he does anything. It just absolutely drives me up a wall.

Rogco
03-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Sooooo glad we won this game. I was furious with the incredibly one-sided refereeing last night that if we'd lost it would have put me in a foul mood. Honestly, most one-sided calling I've seen in a long time, I'm some of it was just blatant (how can they not call a double dribble when Wall passes to himself, but they do on George when his shot gets blocked??)

Rogco
03-23-2012, 08:04 AM
And I really like Barbosa. Did you see him going crazy when George hit that three at the end of the game? This guy just seems to love basketball, great pick-up for a 2nd!

MTM
03-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Didn't see this one, but judging how things were going, I thought we were going to lose.

Funny - when we got the lead down to 10 midway through the 3rd quarter I actually 'knew' we were going to win and thought we might have the lead by the beginning of the 4th. The Wiz played terrible in the 2nd half. It speaks to how similarly badly the Pacers played that this was not a comfortable walk away game by the Pacers, despite the early hole. When there was 3 minutes left, I no longer 'knew' anything, and was glad to see us make the winning plays necessary to pull out a win we didn't deserve.

Since86
03-23-2012, 09:32 AM

That's what happens when you drive into the lane and all five Wiz players are slapping down at the ball and catching wrist.

I don't know how many times it happened, but I know it happened atleast 2 or 3 times to PG. When the ball pops straight up in the air as the defender is swipping DOWN, phsyics tells us that he has to get arm, not ball.

I've always said it, going back to high school, but I think officials have to flunk phsyics tests before they can get their license. It's just mind boggling to be able to see the ball pop UP after a defensive player swings DOWN, while you can hear the smack on the TV feed mind you, and there isn't a call.

Anyways.....

Vogel needs to make an adjustment late in games when the Pacers are trying to use up clock. Getting into the offensive set with 8 or 7 seconds left on the shot clock aint cutting it. It is only giving enough time to run one PnR/PnP, and if the defense jump traps the ball handler like both NYK and the Wiz was doing last night, there's no time to make a pass out to an open shooter or cutter. DC just looks like he's about to poop himself.

Gotta go earlier in the shot clock. Maybe start going at 12 seconds.

duke dynamite
03-23-2012, 09:38 AM
That makes no sense.

How do you come away from this not feeling good? Your team was down by 22. You come back and win the game with defense and a clutch 3 and an inbounds steal. Not to mention solid defense on the last play.

This is how your team grows. You succeed together, you fail together. This team did it. You can't be down about that by any stretch of the imagination.

Not to mention the Wizards are substantially better than they were a week and a half ago.

NaptownBound
03-23-2012, 09:45 AM
It was even better being there in person. It was great seeing the team come back after showing (essentially) no effort in the first quarter. The third quarter run was key though. Getting that deficit down from 22 to 10 in six minutes made a world of difference.

Nothing like stealing one on the road and being there to witness it. Such a great feeling. Also, there were more than a few Pacers fans in the building. That was also great to see.

RWB
03-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Nothing like stealing one on the road and being there to witness it. Such a great feeling. Also, there were more than a few Pacers fans in the building. That was also great to see.

So, did you make it on television?

ksuttonjr76
03-23-2012, 11:31 AM
I agree it was a good shot - I'm glad he had the courage to take it, even if it had been a miss. But my initial emotional reaction to him going up immediately was "no, no, no" anyway, haha.

I remember a young Kobe Bryant being a similar situation during a playoff game against the Jazz...that was a defining moment, IMHO, for him.

Justin Tyme
03-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Vogel needs to make an adjustment late in games when the Pacers are trying to use up clock. Getting into the offensive set with 8 or 7 seconds left on the shot clock aint cutting it. It is only giving enough time to run one PnR/PnP, and if the defense jump traps the ball handler like both NYK and the Wiz was doing last night, there's no time to make a pass out to an open shooter or cutter. DC just looks like he's about to poop himself.

You are preach'n to the here, but I like someone else saying it too.

It's got to be pretty blatant when Chris D says something in disgust.

picasso
03-23-2012, 01:58 PM
I remember a young Kobe Bryant being a similar situation during a playoff game against the Jazz...that was a defining moment, IMHO, for him.

Hahaha I was the same like nooooooooo
give it Danny. The previous
Three he shot and missed Danny was asking
For it like Crazy. Good for George.

ilive4sports
03-23-2012, 03:29 PM
That's what happens when you drive into the lane and all five Wiz players are slapping down at the ball and catching wrist.

I don't know how many times it happened, but I know it happened atleast 2 or 3 times to PG. When the ball pops straight up in the air as the defender is swipping DOWN, phsyics tells us that he has to get arm, not ball.

I've always said it, going back to high school, but I think officials have to flunk phsyics tests before they can get their license. It's just mind boggling to be able to see the ball pop UP after a defensive player swings DOWN, while you can hear the smack on the TV feed mind you, and there isn't a call.

Anyways.....

you and your physics. this is the nba silly, physics aren't better than dick bavetta's eyes!

Mr_Smith
03-23-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm still crackin up looking at Barbosa's reaction after Paul George's three at the end. :laugh:

Derek2k3
03-23-2012, 05:09 PM
This is actually about the Suns game, as I haven't seen a gamethread yet.

Anyway, does anyone with Dish Net know what channel the game is on tonight? As far as I can tell on their gamefinder it isn't being carried unless you have LP/FSAZ. I have Direct, but I'm going to a buddies house who has Dish.

This was actually a big reason I switched...

granger4mvp
03-23-2012, 06:31 PM
This is actually about the Suns game, as I haven't seen a gamethread yet.

Anyway, does anyone with Dish Net know what channel the game is on tonight? As far as I can tell on their gamefinder it isn't being carried unless you have LP/FSAZ. I have Direct, but I'm going to a buddies house who has Dish.

This was actually a big reason I switched...