PDA

View Full Version : Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

Midcoasted
03-21-2012, 02:18 PM
<div><iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo sports/site/player.html#vid=28665316&shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fp layer%2Fnews%2FSports_Minute%2F28665316&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&browseCarouselUI=hide"></iframe></div>

I think he purposely tried to kick Tyler. There should have been a at least a flagrant 1 on the play. It is also absolute garbage Butler didn't get a technical for taunting. He also tried to butt rape Tyler in the same game. I think the league should go back to review this game and throw some fines at Griffin, Paul, and Butler.

Yea fat chance for the NBA to punish its golden children, but if I'm Larry Bird I am livid right now after that trash train rolled through town. Man I hated the Clippers before, now I REALLY hate them.

What do you guys think? Am I overreacting?

duke dynamite
03-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Caron Butler has always been an idiot.

Also, CP3 grabbed Lou by the neck.

Dirty? Maybe. I don't know if I would go that far. I never watch them to see. But still, Caron Butler is a diva.

Trader Joe
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
More like....douche-y.

Dr. Hibbert
03-21-2012, 02:24 PM
I thought they played dirty last night. But I wouldn't say they're a dirty team. Sometimes, it just happens.

ColeTheMole
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nQrNYIBw3fw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Speed
03-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Agreed the Griffin move was the equivalent of what Kobe used to do when he'd follow through on his shot and hit someone in the face and then say what, who me?

Are the Clippers dirty, moreso frustracted by the physical nature of their opponent. Its no picnic playin Lou, G Hill, Tyler, D West, D Jones, and even Danny. Barbosa can be a pest type physical player too, so he fits in. Its really almost a compliment. I wish the NBA would clean it up depending on the level of it, but it hasn't happened yet.

To answer your thread title question, are they dirty, Kenyon Mart and Reggie Evans, absolutely are.

Side note: pretty impressive G Hill held up Griffin on that hard foul, takes some strength.

Midcoasted
03-21-2012, 02:38 PM
I just have a feeling that if Lou would have grabbed CP3 by the neck like that then there would have been some harsh punishment from the league office. Maybe not.

But Griffin really could have hurt Tyler on that play. I dislike Griffin, and Tyler is one of my favorite players. When a guy I dislike tries to intentionally take out Tyler's legs in that nature, which could in turn tear some ligaments and hurt his career for good, and the NBA didn't even give the dude a technical for it, it upsets me greatly.

I wouldn't say they are dirty all the time because I don't watch them enough, but last night we were playing physical and they were playing dirty. It isn't the first time this year a team got away with playing us illegal and dirty while we were simply playing legally physical and hard. But I am asking a board where many posters think Griffin is the GOAT and mostly hate Hansbrough and would love to see him traded. So maybe I'm in a select company with my reasoning, but that was disgustingly dirty the way he kicked at his legs like that. I wish I could get a better camera angle of the play.

BillS
03-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Side note: pretty impressive G Hill held up Griffin on that hard foul, takes some strength.

Yeah, with our luck the entire NBA would be up in arms about the horrible out-of-control physicality of the game ... by the Pacers, and use that play (without showing him hold up Griffin at the end) as the example.

Nuntius
03-21-2012, 02:42 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nQrNYIBw3fw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's why I respect Andre Miller :D

graphic-er
03-21-2012, 02:55 PM
I thought Tyler received a reach around there by Evans or Martin. Certainly reacted like a man who just got his balls groped.

spreedom
03-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Blake Griffin is a punk and I enjoy seeing guys light him up.

BRushWithDeath
03-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Wait, people actually think the Griffin leg whip thing was intentional?

I hate Blake Griffin as much as any player in the league not named Kevin Garnett but I have a hard time thinking somebody would try to kick somebody by falling over and blindly spinning the sole of their shoe at someone.

As for the Clippers being dirty, Reggie Evans is the dirtiest player in the league. Bar none.

daschysta
03-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Less dirty, more irritating. No team in the league flops and plays to the refs as much as the clippers, not even the Spurs when Manu is playing or the Heat.

Heisenberg
03-21-2012, 03:32 PM
More like extremely childish and immature. It'd help if Del Negro weren't a puppet.

Gamble1
03-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Wait, people actually think the Griffin leg whip thing was intentional? The leg whip didn't look like a natural way to brace a fall if you ask me.

I hate Blake Griffin as much as any player in the league not named Kevin Garnett but I have a hard time thinking somebody would try to kick somebody by falling over and blindly spinning the sole of their shoe at someone.

As for the Clippers being dirty, Reggie Evans is the dirtiest player in the league. Bar none.
What was Tyler mad about if it wasn't on purpose? Butlers being an idiot?

Look at some point you don't give people the benifit of the doubt when they intentionally stomp on a guys face.

Griffen also in that game shoved Tyler in the throat to get a offensive rebound.

ASkin_ANight
03-21-2012, 03:43 PM
I remember someone throwing the ball at Griffin's back for being a douche about a month or so ago...might have been Chris Humphries? I can't find anything about it online but I remember Blake and whoever it was each got a technical for it.

He goes out of his way to irritate people.

rock747
03-21-2012, 03:45 PM
I can't believe the NBA is cool with that....

TheDavisBrothers
03-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Look at some point you don't give people the benifit of the doubt when they intentionally stomp on a guys face.

Wtf? That was Kevin Love, not Griffin!

Gamble1
03-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Wtf? That was Kevin Love, not Griffin!

Opps.... sorry about that.
:o

Midcoasted
03-21-2012, 04:03 PM
I do think the leg whip was intentional. They were trash talking and playing Hansbrough extremely dirty all game. Most teams get away with it this year, and I am sick of it. It doesn't surprise me Hansbrough returns the favor and the wanna be ninja tries to leg whip his legs out from under him. If Griffin didn't play dirty all game I would give him the benefit of the doubt. But he did play dirty as others have pointed out and about half of their rotation was playing dirty as well.

Teams get away with playing us dirty as hell, and then we breathe on them on the other end and it's a foul. Tyler has probably taken more hard fouls that weren't called than any player in the league this year. What am I missing here?

Naptown_Seth
03-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Evans had at least one really dirty foul where he blatantly grabbed Tyler's arm and yanked him hard out of the way. It wasn't getting wrapped up or something and it wasn't accidental.

CP3's neck grab was also dirty IMO. He was trying to instigate something or more likely draw the foul call.

Griffin's leg whip was cheap, but seemed more emotional in reaction to the hard foul already going on. I can see that reaction in the spur of the moment.

And Speed, I totally agree with out bad *** Hill was in holding up Griffin. Based on his reaction maybe George should just let him drop hard to the floor next time. Talk about "just trying to help". Sheesh.

Gamble1
03-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Found the Luke Ridnour horse collar tackle by Blake.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/06/video-was-blake-griffins-takedown-of-luke-ridnour-dirty/

BillS
03-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Based on his reaction maybe George should just let him drop hard to the floor next time. Talk about "just trying to help". Sheesh.

In that case I guarantee you GH would have been out the door with a flagrant 2. Can't treat one of those NBA Darlings that way.

Gold
03-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Nah not at all. They're just floppy and whiny.

Cherokee
03-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Blake Griffin is an a55hat.

BornReady
03-21-2012, 06:15 PM
no, they are not dirty
they just got irritated at us and tried to get under our skin the way we got under theirs

guess how far it got them

CJ Jones
03-21-2012, 06:16 PM
The last play of the half was dirty IMO. Paul George jumped straight up to block Chris Paul's floater, and Chris, trying to draw a foul, grabbed George's hip and pulled him down on top of him. George easily could have injured a knee or ankle on that play. Chris Paul draws so many ticky tacky fouls and then he's allowed to grab and hold all game long? It's a bunch of BS.

Also, I agree the Blake leg whip was intentional. He was mad Tyler fouled him hard, and it definitely looked like he rolled up on Tyler's legs on purpose. After he missed the free throws I thought to myself... ball don't lie *****!!

BillS
03-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Blake Griffin is an a55hat.

Amazing dude can still dunk with kielbeze and IndyHoya and all those guys on his head. None of them is what I'd call "small".

Haywoode Workman
03-21-2012, 07:33 PM
anyone know where i can see video of this? i must have missed it.

Evans had at least one really dirty foul where he blatantly grabbed Tyler's arm and yanked him hard out of the way. It wasn't getting wrapped up or something and it wasn't accidental.

CP3's neck grab was also dirty IMO. He was trying to instigate something or more likely draw the foul call.

Griffin's leg whip was cheap, but seemed more emotional in reaction to the hard foul already going on. I can see that reaction in the spur of the moment.

And Speed, I totally agree with out bad *** Hill was in holding up Griffin. Based on his reaction maybe George should just let him drop hard to the floor next time. Talk about "just trying to help". Sheesh.

Shade
03-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Maybe they just took too many pills.

Dr. Awesome
03-21-2012, 08:07 PM
I missed Paul grabbing Lou by the neck.

However, if that happened and the NBA ignored it, there is a serious problem. David Stern needs to be fired for his star treatment.

tadscout
03-21-2012, 08:18 PM
This is why Tyler was so mad... of course national media doesn't show the 2nd angle that clearly shows why Tyler got so mad.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacers/2012/03/21/0021100676_lac_ind_play6.nba

Poor Tyler being molested by Kenyon Martin. (most visible near the end at a different angle -look at around the 50 sec mark)

spazzxb
03-21-2012, 08:19 PM
so anyone have footage of butler violating Tyler. Figure that one should get passed around as a PSA.

tadscout
03-21-2012, 08:21 PM
so anyone have footage of butler violating Tyler. Figure that one should get passed around as a PSA.

It is the link I just posted... It was K. Martin that did it.

Sandman21
03-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Dirty, probably not.

Overrated? Oh yeah!

ColeTheMole
03-21-2012, 08:56 PM
It doesn't surprise me Hansbrough returns the favor and the wanna be ninja tries to leg whip his legs out from under him.

Did you say ninja?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SqfP1xJpFo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jessen
03-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah...I would be pissed if someone fingered me on the national stage and then taunted me afterwards. What an *******. :mad:

At the very least, Butler should have been given a technical for taunting. CP3 grabbing Lou's neck was very obvious...I don't understand how that one slipped by the refs.

TheDavisBrothers
03-22-2012, 02:38 AM
1 thing I don't think was mentioned, was the Chris Paul nut punch that got him suspended in college! Allegedly the guy talked smack about his dead grandpa, but still you don't try to sneakily punch a dude in the sack. If you're really that p1$$ed about it then be a man about it at least...

presto123
03-22-2012, 03:16 AM
The Clipper team was acting like they had actually won something in the past. Win at least something guys and then you can be cocky. I like Griffin(most times) but he is one of the most over-rated players in the NBA.

Ownagedood
03-22-2012, 06:43 AM
The Clipper team was acting like they had actually won something in the past. Win at least something guys and then you can be cocky. I like Griffin(most times) but he is one of the most over-rated players in the NBA.

Give the man credit where credit is due...... he's pretty good at FTs. ;)

glazedham42
03-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Found the Luke Ridnour horse collar tackle by Blake.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/06/video-was-blake-griffins-takedown-of-luke-ridnour-dirty/

Kevin Love cracks me up in this video. I find it hilarious how he immediately runs over and starts caressing the referee. He's so over the top it's almost creepy. That guy is very strange....

bphil
03-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Give the man credit where credit is due...... he's pretty good at FTs. ;)

Griffin is shooting a whopping 10 percentage points worse from the free throw line this year compared to last year (64% down to 54%). How in the world does that happen? Did he lose an eye or something? Did he train with Shaq during the offseason?

Dood drained a three from the top of the key against the Pacers and then proceeded to miss 5 of 7 from the line. Bizarre.

DaveP63
03-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Doesn't like to practice free throws.

Hibbert
03-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Kevin Love cracks me up in this video. I find it hilarious how he immediately runs over and starts caressing the referee. He's so over the top it's almost creepy. That guy is very strange....
Love is the softest player in the league. He didn't do **** to help his teammate cause it was "superstar" that took his teammate down. What a *****. He will get his, Blake too.

spreedom
03-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Love is the softest player in the league. He didn't do **** to help his teammate cause it was "superstar" that took his teammate down.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001706661/2228474288_tumblr_lcyuywnYml1qdr9hr_xlarge.png

The Sleeze
03-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Clippers Dirty?...No
K-Mart's finger?.....Yes

LetsTalkPacers
03-22-2012, 11:44 AM
1 thing I don't think was mentioned, was the Chris Paul nut punch that got him suspended in college! Allegedly the guy talked smack about his dead grandpa, but still you don't try to sneakily punch a dude in the sack. If you're really that p1$$ed about it then be a man about it at least...
I dont blame him one bit. Hell I would have laid him out AND then sent a swift kick to his nuts while he was down.

Derek2k3
03-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Clippers Dirty?...No
K-Mart's finger?.....Yes

Well, its dirty now.

Personally, I don't mind the Reggie Evans stuff, as he and Tyler were giving it to each other.

The CP3 neck grab wasn't that bad, I really didn't think he was intending to drag Lou down. I didn't care for the way he yanked Paul though, that was bull.

The Blake stuff was straight dirty, he's a complete punk.
1. He's a ridiculous flopper. I remember watching the Wolves/Clips game in January, between him and Love someone was falling over every play.
2. He's dirty. Pushes, pulls, trips. Not "wily" like Jeff or even Kurt Thomas/Brad Miller, just a straight dirty player.

I genuinely believe that leg whip was intentional, watch it again and you'll see. He's going down, then all the sudden whips his leg over.

I'm ok with a lot of physical play, but not that crap. We really could have used Jeff in there, he would have made his feelings clear.

LetsTalkPacers
03-22-2012, 01:57 PM
We really could have used Jeff in there, he would have made his feelings clear.
+1

TheDavisBrothers
03-22-2012, 02:02 PM
I dont blame him one bit. Hell I would have laid him out AND then sent a swift kick to his nuts while he was down.

I just think the nuts are a sacred area, you don't go there...

LetsTalkPacers
03-22-2012, 02:04 PM
I just think the nuts are a sacred area, you don't go there...
I hear ya, but I think talking about my dead grandpa is sacred, you dont go there. Punishment fit the crime...IMO

bphil
03-22-2012, 02:20 PM
I hear ya, but I think talking about my dead grandpa is sacred, you dont go there. Punishment fit the crime...IMO

No way man. If someone's cracking on your dead grandpa and you take exception, you confront him like a man, not like a *****.

LetsTalkPacers
03-22-2012, 03:42 PM
No way man. If someone's cracking on your dead grandpa and you take exception, you confront him like a man, not like a *****.
to each his own i suppose. just raised different i guess.

Derek2k3
03-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Griffin Gets Knocked Over (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zQmV7ETxj2I)

Haha.

Watching the replay, Blake really hammed this up. Yes, it was a hard hit. But the way he flung his head back was comical, dude got beasted.

Cactus Jax
03-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Don't care if Blake was flopping a bit, that was a dirty cheap shot and like the announcers said in that video, luckily he wasn't in the air or that would've been a lot worse.

JEM
03-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Didnt look much different that what Blake himself has done before.. Wasnt it Andre Miller ( i think? ) he ran over?

2minutes twoa
03-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Blake Griffin and the LA Clippers think every team in the league should just let him get his highlight dunks every game and not foul him hard. He doesn't care about winning championships. He only cares about highlights! He wouldn't last a second if Tyler really decided to tear him apart!

Dr. Awesome
03-23-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't think Griffin is dirty. When I think of dirty I see a player trying to hurt someone else. I don't see Griffin as that guy, HOWEVER I do think he knows he is a superstar and this is the NBA where the refs are at his mercy. He uses it to his full advantage and will gladly take the opportunity to get under a players skin by throwing a few cheap shots here and there.

That being said, when he is going to play like that, he has to expect some cheap shots back, like we just saw with that Smith play. Had he been in the air, I would have been a lot more worried about a play like that, but as it stands, he wasn't going to hurt Griffin and seemed more like a "I'm not taking your **** kinda play." Very similar to the Andre Miller one.

Derek2k3
03-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Didnt look much different that what Blake himself has done before.. Wasnt it Andre Miller ( i think? ) he ran over?

No, :lol: Andre ran him over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQrNYIBw3fw

JEM
03-24-2012, 06:42 PM

No that wasnt the one I as talking about.. Maybe I got the player wrong but Griffin has done the same thing.

Dr. Awesome
03-24-2012, 07:47 PM

The fact that Blake got away with those first two pushes is why I ******* despise David Stern and the NBA.

I love the Pacers too much though haha.

dal9
03-24-2012, 10:12 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e4pjJHiqCFE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this came up as a suggested video on YT for the Griffin/Smith altercation lol

Gamble1
03-27-2012, 12:13 PM
It looks like Griffen showed his true colors here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFwBbvmLe5w&feature=player_embedded

Too bad it wasn't Jason Smith. Griffen probably wouldn't have knocked him down though.

tadscout
03-27-2012, 01:14 PM
It looks like Griffen showed his true colors here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFwBbvmLe5w&feature=player_embedded

Too bad it wasn't Jason Smith. Griffen probably wouldn't have knocked him down though.

Blake Griffin delivered a hard foul on Trevor Ariza in Monday's game between the Clippers and Hornets, which was called a flagrant 1 foul.

Griffin was knocked to the ground last week by Jason Smith and he appeared to seek retribution in this return matchup. Smith did not play due to suspension.

"Man, I get fouled 10 times harder than that and they call a regular foul," said Griffin. "That wasn't a flagrant foul. I'm going to appeal that one."

Griffin glared at the Hornets' bench following the foul.

"Yeah, I walked back because they stood up like it was going to be something," Griffin said. "There was nothing, man, and you can publish that."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/220112/Griffin_Finds_Retribution_Against_Hornets_With_Har d_Foul_On_Ariza#ixzz1qL2MmxTL

What a egotistical douche Griffin is...

spreedom
03-27-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't know what made that a flagrant, looked like a hard collision with both players in the air. But Blake scowling at the Hornets' bench as if he needed to send them a message really rubs me the wrong way.

Considering how badly he oversold the hit from Smith, he really didn't have much room to retaliate against anyone, let alone Ariza.

Gamble1
04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
I am sorry to bump this thread but this was too good to pass up..

http://www.whosay.com/arashmarkazi/videos/157527

This guy is just terrible.

graphic-er
04-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Pretty sure the Clippers will lose in the 1st round. They have no heart.

xIndyFan
04-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I am sorry to bump this thread but this was too good to pass up..

http://www.whosay.com/arashmarkazi/videos/157527

This guy is just terrible.

i got no love for the clips, but blake didn't hit himself this time. nice little cheap slap and look the other way by the thunder.