PDA

View Full Version : Odd Thoughts: Clipper Down

Peck
03-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Let me apologize right up front here, I have now been up for 51 straight hours and I am ready to go to bed so this will be both short and poorly written (nothing new there) but I donít want people to think that Iím only going to get one of these up when we lose.

I want to tell everyone to take it down a notch; I want to remind everyone that the Clippers are 4-6 over their past ten games. That while Barbosa was great he was probably running off of a high of being on a new team. That Tyler will follow up this excellent game with a stinker of a game on Thursday.

I want to tell you all of that but I wonít.

What I will tell you is this, for the first time this season in front of a very large & rowdy crowd the Pacers came out & played for the most part an excellent game. The Philly win was probably bigger because they are a direct rival, but letís be honest here to the casual fan this win was probably bigger. Nobody other than NBA fans knows that Philly is actually any good, everybody knows all about lob city. So winning in front of the home crowd & make no mistake there were a lot of people there to see the lob show but this was a Pacers crowd was huge.

Now will it translate into more tickets sold? Maybe, who knows but it sure as hell beats losing in front of another big crowd.

Also I want to share a couple of quick stories because as good as we played IMO we all need to send a big thank you card to Kenyon Martin.

In the first quarter when Tyler drove to the lane he was given a very hard foul by several Clippers but most notably good old Kenyon. Well when Tyler was getting up Martin walks right at him and asked ďhow do you like that *****Ē. Well Tyler didnít say a word he just walked to the line and shot his free throws all the while Martin is still talking to him. From that point forward Tyler became a one man gang just tearing into the Clippers front line.

Then as though that werenít enough of a gift Kenyon decided to talk to the one player on the Pacers you really donít want to talk to unless you are willing to live with what happens. In the third quarter Martin decided that it was in his best interest to talk to Danny Granger, wrong move. Danny then proceeded to burry two three point shots and made certain after the second shot that as he ran past Kenyon he had words for him. The look on Martins face was priceless as you could tell he was not going to say a further word to Danny and just acted like he was pure and innocent.

In fact Diamond Dave made sure to point out that he feels that when teams stopped wanting to fight us is when things started to go south. Which in some wayís he is correct, if we are getting under their skin I guess we are usually winning.

Either way Iíd like to thank Kenyon for lighting that fire tonight, although to be fair to him Danny was already having a good night before he started to chat with him.
Ok were just going to do some bullet points tonight.

ē Bench was just outstanding tonight. Not one player, every single one of them was just outstanding. As a unit the defense they played in the second quarter was just unbelievable. Hitting their shots certainly helped but my God the quick lateral movements and fast switching on defense had to even make Uncle Buck smile. This also includes inspired defense from Tyler.

ē What if everything you ever wanted came in a rocket can? Barbosa Rocket addition. In all seriousness shooters are going to shoot. Heís not going to hit at that high of a % the rest of the time but just the threat of him being able to do that will open up other players because the defense will not be able to leave him.

ē Tyler Hansbrough was like a fighter jet made of biceps. Ok I promise no more power thirst puns. Anyway itís just this simple when he plays like this from the time he comes in and not just in slop time he is an invaluable piece that honestly makes our depth just stupid. He is the 6th starter when he plays like this. I donít know what we have to do to get him to rebound again but Iíll live with it when he shoots like he did & defends like he did.

ē Danny Granger was only the best player on the floor tonight. Think about that for a moment in a game that has two of the leagues golden children in Paul & Griffin on the floor Danny outplayed both of them. He was absolutely hosed though on the first defensive play of the game because from my vantage point he did not foul Jordan and should have had another block. Speaking of blocks Caron Butlerís man hood was sent to the sideline with that massive rejection that Danny laid out.

ē Roy Hibbert quietly & patiently put together a very solid game and simply helped defend the paint. He didnít block a lot of shots but let me tell you he certainly affected several shots going in. Also we must give Roy props for hitting 5-5 from the free throw line. The entire team did a great job from the line tonight.

ē George Hill should be the starting point guard, barring that he should be the point guard who should probably close and play the most min. This guy is just a stone cold killer when he wants to be. What I love about him, Dahntay & Danny is that none of them are big players obviously but each of them plays smash mouth basketball with the best of them when they are going. Look I wonít claim to be smart enough to analyze the +/- of when heís on the floor or the number of shots made per 100 or whatever. But I will tell you this, when he is on the floor the defense improves 100 fold. To me the most important defender on the floor is the point guard because they initiate the defense and if they canít keep their man in front of them generally this leads to quick drives to the basket. I personally think that George runs the offense as well as or better than Collison myself but there is no doubt he is a better defender.

ē ďThey werenít all happy daysĒ Homer Simpson. Well not everybody that played had a good game. Collison was once again just abysmal. You have to give Frank Vogel a medal for patience because I am certain that most people would have made some form of change a long time ago. Frank is doing everything in his power to keep Darren engaged and his spirits up. But for whatever reason he is just getting worse & worse. His defense which was never great now seems to be non existent when it comes to stopping his player from driving. He did disrupt a couple of plays and did switch a little faster than he has other games but still overall he was just abysmal.

ē David West had just another game where you wondered what happened. He had more fouls than he had rebounds. He did not hit a single field goal and had as many turnovers as he did assists. Thank God Tyler & Roy showed up.

ē Canít go away without commenting on how valuable Lou Amundson was. He was atrocious from the field, he had a down right stupid turn over but there was nobody more valuable to the team than he was tonight. From the moment he stepped on the floor he set up camp in the paint and he owned it. He rebounded everything in his area and even the couple he didnít get he tipped free and once Tyler got it and once George got it. But it wasnít just that, he set the physical tone for the game. He laid out Griffin on several occasions but beyond that he straight up blocked him and altered his shot on several other occasions. Blake didnít get any of the big giant dunks on players tonight and he really tried to get up and get that one on Lou but he wasnít having it and Blake ended up getting stuffed himself instead.

Ok, letís take care of the Wizards so we can come home and take care of the Suns.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2012/0305/los_120305_clipper_darrell_abc.jpg

AesopRockOn
03-21-2012, 02:30 AM
I guess we know how Peck was able to stay up for so long:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qRuNxHqwazs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t-3qncy5Qfk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

TheDavisBrothers
03-21-2012, 02:30 AM
I think the addition of Barbosa has taken our bench from below average, to above average!
Big bounce back win tonight, against a good team, and a team that is so HYPED UP! It always seems sweeter beating those types of teams...

DEEman
03-21-2012, 04:08 AM
Thanks for that Kenyon Martin story. Stories like that, nope, not in the post game report on NBA.com/pacers....

Will Galen
03-21-2012, 05:18 AM
Also I want to share a couple of quick stories . . .

I like your new seats because you are close enough to see and tell stories such as the ones about K-Mart. Keep this up please!

ē George Hill should be the starting point guard, barring that he should be the point guard who should probably close and play the most min. This guy is just a stone cold killer when he wants to be.

ē . . . not everybody that played had a good game. Collison was once again just abysmal.

Looks like our best team would be moving Collison to the bench and making Hill the starter and Price the backup.

Thank you for your post!

Heisenberg
03-21-2012, 06:17 AM
The team playing bad, mediocre, whatever you wanna call it when there's no skin in the game is something I've noticed. Especially with Hans. You just ignore him and let him try and play his game more often than not he's catching the ball on the elbow and giving a couple head fakes and just looking completely lost as he tries to find someone when he gets cut off. But when someone gets in his ear, challenges him, get the hell outta the way.

It's good and bad I suppose. Good in the sense that they seem more than willing to prove someone wrong and quite often do it. Bad, really bad, in the sense that they need someone to mouth off to them to focus and take every game seriously. Could make for a pretty interesting playoffs I guess.

Unclebuck
03-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Beyond all that, this was the most fun game to watch probably since the mavs game in late January.

Clippers defense isn't any good though and they can't hit free throws, but I loved how the Pacers played. The bench was incredible.

The way Tyler played is exactly how he needs to play. I can live with his mistakes, his bad shots, his missed shots, his getting lost on the defensive end, but whatI cannot live with from him is when he plays soft. he needs to stop tover-thinking everything and just be him, because that is what makes him effective.

This Pacers team needs to play with an edge, with an aggressiveness that is over-the-top, and the leader of that type of play needs to be Tyler. I have no problem with the coaches teaching him the finer points o the NBA game and trying to get him to play under control, but they cannot and should not take away his aggressiveness.

After just one game, I love the way the bench played. Aggressive and fast is the way I describe it. Barbosa, Tyler, Jones and Lou are all extremely aggressive players. I do not expect that group to shoot that well, but I do expect them to come into the game and add a huge spark

The Sleeze
03-21-2012, 09:31 AM
"You won't like me when I'm angry."
http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4f43de43eab8ea506600003b-400-300/tyler-hansbrough.jpg

dohman
03-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Lou sets the tone and gets this team exctied! All he does it try to dunk the ball from anywhere and on anyone. Even when he shoots his little jumper he is actually trying to dunk the ball. He tried to not only block every shot but make it a highlight block and doesnt care if he punches someone in the face while doing it. He has no fear and his confidence is growing. He is our modern day jeff foster that can score at a clip that is slightly higher because of his dunking ability.

He came out with the mentality of "Blake Who" tonight and when him and tyler are smashing faces together I can honestly feel I am sorry for the refs because it makes their job SO tough.

Hicks
03-21-2012, 10:00 AM
The team playing bad, mediocre, whatever you wanna call it when there's no skin in the game is something I've noticed. Especially with Hans. You just ignore him and let him try and play his game more often than not he's catching the ball on the elbow and giving a couple head fakes and just looking completely lost as he tries to find someone when he gets cut off. But when someone gets in his ear, challenges him, get the hell outta the way.

It's good and bad I suppose. Good in the sense that they seem more than willing to prove someone wrong and quite often do it. Bad, really bad, in the sense that they need someone to mouth off to them to focus and take every game seriously. Could make for a pretty interesting playoffs I guess.

For a multitude of reasons this team needs a Mark Jackson type of player on the roster, but this time I don't mean that in the way that I usually would. This team needs a guy who is going to get in the ear of players like Tyler, Danny and guys like that and fire them up. Talk smack, get them angry at the other team for specific reasons.

BillS
03-21-2012, 10:03 AM
For a multitude of reasons this team needs a Mark Jackson type of player on the roster, but this time I don't mean that in the way that I usually would. This team needs a guy who is going to get in the ear of players like Tyler, Danny and guys like that and fire them up. Talk smack, get them angry at the other team for specific reasons.

Who was it that Reggie used to get into before hitting the floor in every game? Was that Benner?

duke dynamite
03-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Who was it that Reggie used to get into before hitting the floor in every game? Was that Benner?
Benner let Reggie berate him before every game.

DaveP63
03-21-2012, 10:14 AM

I was thinking along these lines last night, myself. I wonder if somebody can lie to him every night and tell him they're playing the Clippers or Boozer?

rexnom
03-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Nobody else is worried about the George Hill dribbling for 15 seconds and then miracle shot? God bless him, but George isn't going to be swishing those shots every game. That was not a fluid offense.

binarysolo
03-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Nobody else is worried about the George Hill dribbling for 15 seconds and then miracle shot? God bless him, but George isn't going to be swishing those shots every game. That was not a fluid offense.

Yes. Results were good; process was often not.

ejwallace
03-21-2012, 10:52 AM
I didn't fully get to watch the game, but I did get to see a majority of the first half. I will watch the full game today, but I have to question your review of Collison. Being that I am basing this entirely off of the first quarter, I realize there are 3 more quarters to play, and things could've gone downhill.

What I saw from Collison in that first quarter was pretty impressive. He was holding his own against CP3. This may have been due to him being amped up to play against his previous mentor, but he looked good to me...I know he had a couple of stupid turnovers, but he made up for those by breaking up a 2 on 1 fast break with a steal, and his all out D on CP3.

Again....This is based solely off the first quarter of play that I got to see, so I can't form a strong argument for the game as a whole....

Trader Joe
03-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Caron Butler is a douche.

Ace E.Anderson
03-21-2012, 11:18 AM
THIS is the type of game that can frustrate a fan. We have games like this where the entire team is playing with fire, passion and force, and we look completely different than we did against the NY Knicks.

I know people want to use the firing of D'antoni as an excuse for why the Knicks played so well, but THIS was the "smashmouth" pacer team that we'd all like to see on a consistent basis.

How about the Brazilian Blur?!? Could he have had a more impressive, and efficient 1st game? I think we all can see what LB was doing when he traded for Barbosa..he changed the 2nd unit into a 5-man unit of speed and energy. If our bench can play with that type of energy consistently, there arent many teams that are going to be able to contend with that.

Overall, good win. Hopefully we can hit a mini streak here against the Wiz and the Suns.

Hibbert
03-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Caron Butler douches.

Fixed.

MyFavMartin
03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Caron Butler isn't circumsized?

3 8 thee great t h
03-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Good win! But can someone tell me why in the world is Philly still in 4th?

Major Cold
03-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Not only did I see people coming into BLF with Dick's bags and pulling out Clipper apparel. But I saw a Garnet jersey wearing tool with his girlfriend who was wearing a UK shirt.

Are Indy peeps trying to be douchers? I saw a Blake fat head with a UK sticker on the back. What the crap is going on?

I saw too many people with Clipper apparel in section 19. And I saw Peck standing and clapping......WHAT HAPPENED????

Good win and all, but I can't help but notice that the Clips are horrible on defense. There is no way they get to the WCFs.

I thought our defensive rotations were good, but this team is built for us to beat them.

We play great against average and below shooting teams. The Clippers are 13 in FG% and 3pt%.

We are great against teams that do not force turnovers. The Clippers are 26th.

We are great against teams that cannot force a bad FG%. The Clippers are 12 in defensive FG% and 28th in 3pt%.

On pure emotion this game is great. On solving past trends, we have not made any improvement.

Since86
03-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Good win! But can someone tell me why in the world is Philly still in 4th?

Because they are leading the Atlantic division. If you win your division, you're guaranteed a spot in the top 4.

Sandman21
03-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Not only did I see people coming into BLF with Dick's bags and pulling out Clipper apparel. But I saw a Garnet jersey wearing tool with his girlfriend who was wearing a UK shirt.

Are Indy peeps trying to be douchers? I saw a Blake fat head with a UK sticker on the back. What the crap is going on?
Probably Louisvillians that somehow found their way across the Ohio River.

We had one Clippers "fan" flipping off Area55 as they left after the game, a bunch of drunk bandwagoners trashed the PTO parking lot before the game and didn't bother to clean up after themselves (some PTOers picked up what they could, those dippies had a little too much to drink and probably shouldn't have been admitted into the building, if you catch my drift).

We had two guys actually from LA in the PTO lot who drove in from Chicago who were actually pretty cool, one admitted he was a Lakers fan, and the other flatout admitted he had just jumped on the bandwagon, so we let them off easy for their honesty.:laugh:

Other than that....

BANDWAGON!

duke dynamite
03-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Caron Butler is a douche.
That same exact thought came to my mind last night and today.

DgR
03-21-2012, 12:11 PM
More on Martin, don't know if anyone else noticed it, or if it's been discussed already, but look closely as he 'helps' Tyler up with his left hand

http://www.nba.com/games/20120320/LACIND/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100676#nbaGIboxscore

Watch the "disagreement" highlight

PGisthefuture
03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
That Kenyon Martin story made me laugh.... I feel like the addition of Barbosa instantly made the bench 5x better. Our team is truly deep now...

flox
03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
All I know is that our bench is so good right now because of barbosa...and i really think if we got Kaman we'd be even against the other two top east teams.

PGisthefuture
03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
More on Martin, don't know if anyone else noticed it, or if it's been discussed already, but look closely as he 'helps' Tyler up with his left hand

http://www.nba.com/games/20120320/LACIND/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100676#nbaGIboxscore

Wtf.... Him and Reggie Evans must be more than friends off the court they both have a knack for doing such things. I would be mad too if some guy did that to me on the basketball court.

Does anybody have the video of Danny making those 2 threes and saying something to Martin afterwords?

Naptown_Seth
03-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Why would you do DC+24th pick for Steve Nash?

George Hill. He's why you can give that up and know that after Nash is doing in 1-2 more years you will still be covered at the point.

The gunslinging sheriff is running this town. I don't know if he was holstering them after the shots he made last night (wasn't there) but he should have been.

Also he made the best Pacer pass of the year IMO when he did that true no look wrap-around 2 defenders to Tyler for the dunk.

The dude is seeing the floor at a near elite level and really controls the game. His shot making is just a massive bonus. It's quite a story to have the IUPUI star back in town about 8 blocks over and killing it.

Leonard has been very nice for the Spurs, but with Paul George here it makes this trade look like the quintessential win-win.

Hill+Barbosa is definitely going to solve the bench scoring issues. Now all they need to do is get the starters dealing with doubles, traps and quality front lines appropriately (Barbosa doesn't fix that).

PS - Peck, casual fans don't know Philly is good because Philly just isn't all that good. Philly very realistically might not win that division.

Eleazar
03-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Apparently I'm the only one who remembers this isn't the first time this season that the bench dominated the other team.

Peck
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM

I understand exactly what you are saying & you are correct. However while there may not be any more of a fluid offense (I don't think DC runs it any better) it is on the other end of the floor that all of the difference is made.

Did you notice how Roy didn't have to go out 25' from the rim to cut off the driver on the pick & roll's when Hill was in? The reason for that is that George was able to stay with Paul and never let him get out and around him.

The defense was just night and day different IMO.

But yea your right, he is not going to be able to Travis Best the ball and hope for those long shots to drop all of the time.

Again I think Frank deserves a medal for showing a lot of faith and patience with Darren. He is just not playing well at all right now and Frank is doing everything he can to keep his confidence up because a lot of people would have benched him already or at the very least cut his min. way back.

duke dynamite
03-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Am I the only one who thinks DC will snap out of this funk?

Deadshot
03-21-2012, 01:25 PM

I noticed that during the game. Almost a sort of homage to Born Ready.

Peck
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM

Man it's been tough. I was telling the guys after the game that I wasn't so far down on DC because at the beginning of the season he was actually playing very well and that we also had to weather Tyler's 20+ game funk.

I can live with a lot of his offensive mistakes but God his defense just kills me because I think it sets up a chain reaction of bad play that usually ends up with Danny Granger's player either getting a back door cut or a wide open three & so often it's not Danny's fault because he is the guy rotating to cut off the middle.

But I hope your right because we can only be better if he is playing so well that Hill can come off of the bench with Barbosa.

Damn that Barbosa Hill lineup looked good didn't it?

duke dynamite
03-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Damn that Barbosa Hill lineup looked good didn't it?
I agree. I said it on twitter this morning that the combo of G3 and Barbosa could easily wear out a defense in little to no time if they do what they did last night... every night.

That could be key because a lot of teams rely on their second unit (like us) to keep their team in the game. That is where it all broke down for LA last night, that second unit just was getting hosed by Hill and Barbo. Muhammed Ali-style.

I'm sure we are all aware that Thursday is the start of a back-to-back-to-back and we will need to find a way to keep those two fresh especially since Milwaukee is in the middle of a 6-game win streak. They have momentum.

Now the Wizards do have Nene, that could be a challenge for Roy. Hopefully we don't get caught up in hoping they are worn out because they play the Nets tonight.

Trader Joe
03-21-2012, 01:35 PM
There is one thing Barbosa and Hill do better than anyone else on the team by such a wide margin it is almost not even funny....understand fast break basketball. Watching the two of them play together and get out after open buckets was pretty awesome. The Collison-Hill backcourt was doing it a bit at the start of the year and then Darren pooped himself or something, but Hill looked like a man who wanted to cry tears of joy the few times he would find himself and Barbosa leading an actual, honest to goodness fast break.

duke dynamite
03-21-2012, 01:36 PM
There is one thing Barbosa and Hill do better than anyone else on the team by such a wide margin it is almost not even funny....understand fast break basketball. Watching the two of them play together and get out after open buckets was pretty awesome. The Collison-Hill backcourt was doing it a bit at the start of the year and then Darren pooped himself or something, but Hill looked like a man who wanted to cry tears of joy the few times he would find himself and Barbosa leading an actual, honest to goodness fast break.
Agreed. I think I got whiplash from watching the ball move downcourt too quickly.

Since86
03-21-2012, 01:57 PM
The thank is for your avatar Duke. Now I'm jealous.

duke dynamite
03-21-2012, 01:59 PM
The thank is for your avatar Duke. Now I'm jealous.
I would like to put Tyler's face on that image. Tyler was upset last night.

rel
03-21-2012, 02:07 PM

I think DC will eventually come around and get out of his funk. The problem is, snapping out of his funk won't solve his defensive woes. His recent struggles just dug deeper in a hole that was already deep to begin with. I'm sure his shooting will get back up and hopefully his ball control, but his inability on D has always frustrated me.

duke dynamite
03-21-2012, 02:09 PM
I think DC will eventually come around and get out of his funk. The problem is, snapping out of his funk won't solve his defensive woes. His recent struggles just dug deeper in a hole that was already deep to begin with. I'm sure his shooting will get back up and hopefully his ball control, but his inability on D has always frustrated me.
I think with Paul and Danny the help D is there. I can live without that as long as his offensive struggles end fairly soon.

Also, a side note... How did Chris Paul get away with grabbing Lou by the neck? I mean c'mon... the refs did not have this game on their minds at all last night. Bavetta looked like he was the walking dead.

vnzla81
03-21-2012, 02:29 PM

It all depends of what do you mean by "funk"? If by "funk" you mean that he is going to shoot better? sure he can score but that has never been the problem with him, floor vision, defense, passing ability, his ability to control the offense has never been there and him getting out of the "funk" is not going to fix that.

CableKC
03-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Do you mean where the offense takes forever to setup to actually do something and the ball ends up in the hands of a Player that has to take a very bad, last-second shot as the shot-clock winds down?

Yeah....everyone does that. This is something that I have brought up before.....I have no clue why this happens all the time.

DaveP63
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM

And FINISHING it!!!!!!!!!:happydanc

Ace E.Anderson
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but this only happened in the second half when the Clips were trying their hardest to make a comeback. They were fronting the post, had Griffin on the back side, and aggressively overplayed on the wings. Also, I think we were stalling a tad on offense due to our somewhat large lead.

Aside from those few mins in the 4th, I thought GH did as good (if not better) of a job running the team than DC has.

Peck pointed it out several times however. It's on the defensive side that GH truly shines for us at the PG spot. He keeps the PG out of the lane, which means we don't have our slower bigs trying to step out on a pick, and then get back in the lane. This allows Paul George and Danny to be a tad bit more aggressive looking for deflections/weakside blocks as well. It's definitely a trickle down affect.

BillS
03-21-2012, 03:11 PM

I'll wait a few games to see if it is a habit or something that happens when the offense bogs down - since this is one of the first times running this offensive roster, it might just be getting used to it in the heat of battle.

Gold
03-21-2012, 03:11 PM
I think with Paul and Danny the help D is there. I can live without that as long as his offensive struggles end fairly soon.

Also, a side note... How did Chris Paul get away with grabbing Lou by the neck? I mean c'mon... the refs did not have this game on their minds at all last night. Bavetta looked like he was the walking dead.

That sounds normal of Bavetta to me.

Nuntius
03-21-2012, 03:25 PM
I would be mad too if some guy did that to me on the basketball court.

So, if it was off the court it wouldn't have been a problem? :p

rexnom
03-21-2012, 03:53 PM
I'll wait a few games to see if it is a habit or something that happens when the offense bogs down - since this is one of the first times running this offensive roster, it might just be getting used to it in the heat of battle.
I feel the same. I'm willing to be patient. But it holds both ways. Let's not get over enthusiastic yet. Not ready yet to demote Darren on offense.

Peck--absolutely right about defense though. I wanted to cry tears of joy every time George was trapping someone in the corner or using his long arms to cut off Paul's space. Astounding.

Anthem
03-21-2012, 04:12 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but this only happened in the second half when the Clips were trying their hardest to make a comeback. They were fronting the post, had Griffin on the back side, and aggressively overplayed on the wings. Also, I think we were stalling a tad on offense due to our somewhat large lead.

Aside from those few mins in the 4th, I thought GH did as good (if not better) of a job running the team than DC has.
But those few minutes were the only times Hill played with the starters.

He looked phenomenal running the point with the second unit, but I'd like to see him get some more minutes with the first unit before giving him the starting job.