PDA

View Full Version : Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

Pacerized
03-17-2012, 01:44 PM
That's interesting considering what Wells said. We could have easily offered this much.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219855/Warriors_Could_Have_Dealt_Rush_Kwame_For_Kaman

The Warriors could have traded Brandon Rush, Kwame Brown and a second round pick to the Hornets for Chris Kaman, according to Ric Bucher while on KNBR Radio.
Golden State could have then had a chance to evaluate how Kaman played with a core of Monta Ellis, Stephen Curry and David Lee.
The Warriors instead traded Monta Ellis in a deal for Andrew Bogut.

Via Ric Bucher/ESPN (http://knbr.com/)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219855/Warriors_Could_Have_Dealt_Rush_Kwame_For_Kaman#ixz z1pOgl7vxT

Pacer Fan
03-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Yet the Hornets didn't want to take back salary...this makes no sense. Ric talking out his rear or what?

Nuntius
03-17-2012, 01:50 PM
And why didn't they? It would make much more sense.

Dgreenwell3
03-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Kwame not exactly excellent either...rush isnt great but hey i wouldn't do that deal as new orleans...

Hicks
03-17-2012, 01:59 PM
How exactly could we have matched that without overspending ourselves?

Pacerized
03-17-2012, 02:07 PM
How exactly could we have matched that without overspending ourselves?

How about a 2cd. Lou, and D Jones. I don't consider that overspending.

Dgreenwell3
03-17-2012, 02:08 PM

I would...guys a rental...we wouldn't keep him and Lou has been playing out of his mind.

vnzla81
03-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Wow and GS turned this down for a guy that nobody knows for sure if he is ever going to be 100% healthy? :shakehead

Nuntius
03-17-2012, 02:11 PM

Why would the Hornets do this? Why would they do the other trade as well?

It just does not make sense, imo.

Nuntius
03-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Wow and GS turned this down for a guy that nobody knows for sure if he is ever going to be 100% healthy? :shakehead

If they had the chance to do it and turned it down then they were fools.

However, I cannot believe that said report is true.

Pacerized
03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
I would...guys a rental...we wouldn't keep him and Lou has been playing out of his mind.

Lou expires this year as well and may not be here next year either. In no way could he ever help this team the way Kaman could. You have to give up something to get better.

spreedom
03-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Kwame not exactly excellent either...rush isnt great but hey i wouldn't do that deal as new orleans...

He's expiring and out for the season... it doesn't matter one bit how good or bad he is.

I think he's an underrated guy though, very good defensively and a good rebounder, albeit an inconsistent one.

Pacer Fan
03-17-2012, 02:40 PM
So Rush still didn't escape the trade rumors...:laugh:

rexnom
03-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Rush is also a young asset on par with someone like Tyler. That was probably their logic here.

CableKC
03-17-2012, 03:17 PM
From everything that I have been hearing and reading...the FO needed to make a change with Monta. This was clearly a Long term move at the likely cost of this season...but its a better move then renting Kaman and keeping Monta for another season of Playoff Bubble mediocrity. You are right...it all hinges on Bogut being healthy....but given the likelihood that Curry will also be shutdown...giving Bogut the rest of the season to rest up and recover....instead of spinning their wheels with Monta....this makes sense to me as a solid but risky long term move.

spreedom
03-17-2012, 03:29 PM
What will be interesting is how well Mark Jackson can coach a team that has a solid defensive anchor. He's said that his goal was to turn the Warriors around defensively, and thus far I think he's been underwhelming overall as a head coach (which isn't surprising, considering he was unwilling to learn the ropes as an assistant first).

I wonder if they'll continue making moves to acquire defensive-minded players.

CableKC
03-17-2012, 05:57 PM
From everything that I have been hearing and reading...the FO needed to make a change with Monta. This was clearly a Long term move at the likely cost of this season...but its a better move then renting Kaman and keeping Monta for another season of Playoff Bubble mediocrity. You are right...it all hinges on Bogut being healthy....but given the likelihood that Curry will also be shutdown...giving Bogut the rest of the season to rest up and recover....instead of spinning their wheels with Monta....this makes sense to me as a solid but risky long term move.

Tom White
03-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Yet the Hornets didn't want to take back salary...this makes no sense. Ric talking out his rear or what?

It's Bucher. Does he know any other way to speak?

Steagles
03-17-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm content with getting Barbosa. I'm not going to complain.

d_c
03-18-2012, 02:42 PM
That's interesting considering what Wells said. We could have easily offered this much.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219855/Warriors_Could_Have_Dealt_Rush_Kwame_For_Kaman

The Warriors could have traded Brandon Rush, Kwame Brown and a second round pick to the Hornets for Chris Kaman, according to Ric Bucher while on KNBR Radio.

If the price was truly that low for Kaman, why wasn't he traded at all? Nobody else could come up with an offer as good as that? Plenty of teams are looking for centers.

PacersHomer
03-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Chris Kaman is the new Eric Gordon.

03-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Bogut.

d_c
03-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Bogut.

I'm glad the Warriors made the Bogut trade.

And if this Kaman trade was allegedly on the table from the Hornets, I would have made this trade ALONG with the Bogut deal. It's basically nothing in exchange for Chris Kaman. If the asking price was that low, now way he doesn't get traded.