PDA

View Full Version : Game Attendance.....

ejwallace
03-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Mike Wells ‏ @MikeWellsNBA
Pacers announce tomorrow's game vs the Knicks at the fieldhouse is sold out.

Suaveness
03-16-2012, 03:38 PM
LINSANITY

TheDon
03-16-2012, 03:42 PM
LINSANITY

unfortunately that's probably true, and just makes my blood boil thinking about it. nevermind that we have a better record and imo a better team. Oh well for those of you able to go to the game if we end up winning, any idiot wearing a knicks jersey make sure you shake their hand and thank them for coming out to support the pacers :punch:

Naptown_Seth
03-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh brother. Here we go.

Half empty kinda stinks, but half full of "Opponent"/"insert star player" fans is definitely worse.

tadscout
03-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Oh brother. Here we go.

Half empty kinda stinks, but half full of "Opponent"/"insert star player" fans is definitely worse.

Not $$$ wise.

At the start of the month we tried to get this game as part of our package, but it was already sold out then.

Aw Heck
03-16-2012, 03:46 PM
If the Knicks win tonight, tomorrow is going to be brutal.

BillS
03-16-2012, 04:05 PM
There is a SLIGHT possibility that this is actually a game popular with PACER fans due to the rivalry.

I know, fantasy, but hey...

PGisthefuture
03-16-2012, 04:32 PM
I think there has been a sequence of events that could help us up our attendance. We whooped Philly on ESPN, we traded for a fairly well-known player in Barbosa, and of course we are playing against Linsanity. I hope the first two will carry over and help boost our attendance beyond just playing the Knicks....

Unclebuck
03-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Saturday night in March. I bet most seats were sold long anyone heard of Lin

Suaveness
03-16-2012, 04:49 PM

I highly doubt that. Sure it's a Sat night in March, doesn't mean we'll sell out or come close. It's Lin/Knicks. If it were the Bucks, or Suns, or any team that isn't very good, it's not a sellout.

Sandman21
03-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I highly doubt that. Sure it's a Sat night in March, doesn't mean we'll sell out or come close. It's Lin/Knicks. If it were the Bucks, or Suns, or any team that isn't very good, it's not a sellout.

The first Bobcats home game came VERY close to a sellout.

Sookie
03-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Oh brother. Here we go.

You guys would know better than I, but in the case of someone like Melo or Lebron or Kobe, is it really a case of their fans showing up. Or is it that local fans buy tickets to see those guys, but truly hope the local team wins?

BillS
03-16-2012, 05:03 PM
You guys would know better than I, but in the case of someone like Melo or Lebron or Kobe, is it really a case of their fans showing up. Or is it that local fans buy tickets to see those guys, but truly hope the local team wins?

When they wear the other team's jersey, they are cheering for the other team.

However, fans of the local team actually DO pick to come to certain games because of who the opponents are, so there might be some people with that outlook.

tadscout
03-16-2012, 05:36 PM

Was already sold out in the balcony three weeks ago, when we tried to get tickets to the game.

90'sNBARocked
03-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Sweet!

Dear God I wish I could be there. I would LOVE to get into a verbal sparring match with the NY "Fans"

Would know just how to get under their skin ;)

threein73
03-16-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm glad it was sold out in advance, I was kind of concerned about the impact the IU-VCU game could have on the attendance....It will definitely be a big pro-Pacer crowd..of course there will be some Knicks' fans, but even when miami or the lakers come and draw a sell out, 90% of the crowd is rooting for the Pacers.. Only time that has not been the case was the playoff game last year when Bulls fans from Chicago/Northern Indiana bought tickets quicker for the weekend game than Pacer fans.. And of course years ago when BIRD (celtic) fans use to come to MSA wearing green (mainly when Pacers were bad)... that use to drive me nuts...

LetsTalkPacers
03-16-2012, 07:49 PM
LINSANITY
Lousanity!

ndcoltsnpacers
03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm glad it was sold out in advance, I was kind of concerned about the impact the IU-VCU game could have on the attendance....It will definitely be a big pro-Pacer crowd..of course there will be some Knicks' fans, but even when miami or the lakers come and draw a sell out, 90% of the crowd is rooting for the Pacers.. Only time that has not been the case was the playoff game last year when Bulls fans from Chicago/Northern Indiana bought tickets quicker for the weekend game than Pacer fans.. And of course years ago when BIRD (celtic) fans use to come to MSA wearing green (mainly when Pacers were bad)... that use to drive me nuts...

Well that's not quite true, unfortunately. When Miami or the Lakers come and get a sell out or close to it it's about 50/50. Actually I'm pretty sure the Miami game several weeks ago didn't quite sell out, but this Knicks game did several weeks in advance, right after Lin caught fire. It's gonna be 50/50...maybe 60/40 in their favor. The thing about it is that since it sold out so quick, the resale market has been able to jack up prices for the first time in years. There will be a fair amount of season ticket holders who will have decided to profit off that. And those people who bought their tickets right after Lin caught fire bought them to see him. It's been that way in very city they've gone to lately. It won't be pretty.

MiaDragon
03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
If the Knicks win tonight, tomorrow is going to be brutal.

good luck.

Brad8888
03-17-2012, 12:44 AM
......will definitely not reflect actual attendance now, especially amongst the 40% or so of the seats sold to Pacer fans.

jeffg-body
03-17-2012, 12:51 AM
That is cool we sold out for tomorrow, I don't even care if there is a Knicks fanbase there that bought a good deal of tickets. They are paying good money to watch the Pacers take on their team. It could be worse. I think tomorrow will be a much better contested game.