PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Danny has motivated the Knicks...

ejwallace
03-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Funny thing is, I can't find that tweet anywhere....

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/knicks_learning_new_star_centered_5gC62xfiyJD0l2r3 PBYEdL

Speedball officially died in Westchester on Thursday.

Interim Knicks coach Mike Woodson staged his first practice Thursday and reporters got to see implementation of a host of structured, deliberate set plays that was absent in the read-and-ract Mike D’Antoni speedball offense. D’Antoni resigned Wednesday, feeling he didn’t have enough guys buying into the share-the-ball system, specifically Carmelo Anthony.

Amar'e Stoudemire admitted the offensive system is changing dramatically under Woodson in blending more toward the superstars, less toward Linsanity. Woodson admitted afterward point guard Jeremy Lin still is in a “learning stage.’’

"He's going to utilize his leading scorers, myself and Carmelo (Anthony), make sure he takes advantage of every opportunity on the court,'' Stoudemire said after practice. "We've been profound scorers all our careers. He wants to make sure we take advantage of that."

“It’s going to be different for us,’’ Stoudemire added. “Coach Woodson has his offense and offensive schemes. We have to readjust to that. We are all receiving it well. We’re excited about it. We can’t wait to play in the new offense.‘’

Knicks owner James Dolan gave his rah-rah speech before the Portland game Wednesday night in the locker room and told them nobody is getting traded at Thursday's 3 p.m. trade deadline. Of course he meant anyone integral, as the Knicks were shopping Toney Douglas.

“Mr. Dolan was perfectly clear in his message nobody was going anywhere,'' Stoudemire said. "He wants to give this team a chance to succeed. That’s what we’re going to do.''

Stoudemire and Anthony were surprised Indiana’s Danny Granger tweeted the resurgent Pacers have “two winnable games’’ ahead, referring to the home-and-home with the Knicks Friday and Saturday.

“He just got to be careful what he asks for,’’ Stoudemire said. “I don’t know if he’s in a position to speak too boldly right now. We got something to say about that tomorrow. ‘’

Said Anthony, “I’m glad he said that.’’

The Knicks (19-24) and Bucks, who hold the tiebreaker, are tied for the eighth and final playoff spot with the Cavaliers also in contention.

“We got to make sure that we play better than our record,’’ Stoudemire said. “We’re not in great position in the playoffs standings but we have a phenomenal team with great players.’ We know how good we can be.’’

Anthony looked thrilled on the practice court Thursday and again said it’s untrue D’Antoni resigned because he felt he couldn’t coach him anymore. Anthony has yet to reach out to D’Antoni, however.

TheDavisBrothers
03-16-2012, 11:40 AM
BRING IT ON! A rivalry renewed...

Speed
03-16-2012, 11:43 AM
I bet its still not enough incentive for them to play with any effort on defense.

BornReady
03-16-2012, 11:43 AM
I can't help but feel like NBA players are like women. They feel slighted by anything said about them.

The Sleeze
03-16-2012, 11:46 AM
It was actually in his post game interview after the Sixers game:

:40 second mark
http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2012/03/14/120314grangerwmv-2035136

I love the upside down Pacers logo after the interview, someone in the editing room is really on their game.

travmil
03-16-2012, 11:46 AM
The only thing that team is motivated to do is explore offseason trades for Carmello Anthony.

naptownmenace
03-16-2012, 11:48 AM
There is no team that I enjoy the Pacers beating than the Knicks. Beating the Lakers and Celtics come in at a close 2nd and 3rd.

I'm looking forward to my own brand of March Madness this weekend with the rare back-to-back Home and Away series with the Knicks.

PR07
03-16-2012, 11:48 AM
I'd rather have a player say a game is winnable, then say "No, we have no shot." I mean what do you want him to say?

naptownmenace
03-16-2012, 11:49 AM
I bet its still not enough incentive for them to play with any effort on defense.

:laugh:

Unless they can defend better, which is possible with Mike Woodson as the coach, and improve their perimeter shooting they'll struggle with the Pacers.

yoadknux
03-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Granger seems to get a lot of hate from other teams. It means he's doing something right. Good for him, and good for us.

LetsTalkPacers
03-16-2012, 11:54 AM
There is no team that I enjoy the Pacers beating than the Knicks. Beating the Lakers and Celtics come in at a close 2nd and 3rd.

I'm looking forward to my own brand of March Madness this weekend with the rare back-to-back Home and Away series with the Knicks.
Bulls
Lakers
Celtics

Sookie
03-16-2012, 12:00 PM
I can't help but feel like NBA players are like women. They feel slighted by anything said about them.

That's more akin to men than women anyway. ;)

Since86
03-16-2012, 12:03 PM
:laugh: Amare say's that Danny isn't in a position to say something like that? Dude, you're 5 games under .500.

MiaDragon
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM

If we could actually beat the Heat that would be my number one but NY is a CLOSE 2nd.

Speed
03-16-2012, 12:06 PM
So, lets see a team oriented offense against an individually based offense. Not sure, but I think we know the answer.

Heisenberg
03-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Players are seriously getting soft.

MiaDragon
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM

Its happens when you're put on a pedestal and coddled all your life.

Kid Minneapolis
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Watched the clip, listened to the comment --- what the hell is wrong with Amare/Carmelo to get up in arms about that?

Bring it on, ya big babies. Crap like that motivates *me* more than anything, when grown-*** men act like 4 year olds.

Trader Joe
03-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Isn't every game winnable?

CooperManning
03-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Hilarious reactions from 'Melo and Amare. We're 7 games ahead of them, if we don't consider this game winnable, then we're idiots.

Some fun salary math:

'Melo - $18.5 mil in 2012
Amare - $18.2 in 2012

= $36.7 mil

Danny - $12 mil
D. West - $10
Roy - $2.6
PG - $2.4
Tyler - $2.1
George Hill - $2
DC - $1.5

= $32.6 mil

Our entire core gets it done for less money than those dudes make by themselves and our guys didn't get upstaged on their own team by some undrafted kid from the Ivy League.

So keep talking guys.

The Knicks are going to have to get a better record than MILWAUKEE before I start shaking in my boots when they roll into town.

BornReady
03-16-2012, 12:25 PM

Be careful! They'll get mad at your comments and will go beast mode on you! :laugh:

graphic-er
03-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Carmelo and Amare are fake tough. Need more pills.

Sookie
03-16-2012, 12:30 PM
So, lets see a team oriented offense against an individually based offense. Not sure, but I think we know the answer.

I would have been more afraid of them without Melo and With D'Antonie.

Those Knicks do play a PnR team oriented offense, and played more defense. We struggle with the PnR.

Now they'll just dump it to Melo, that's easier to stop..

LoneGranger33
03-16-2012, 12:35 PM
My guess is that some reporter told them of Danny's comments and they responded. I'm no fan of either player, but it seems unlikely that they came up with that on their own.

Trader Joe
03-16-2012, 12:58 PM
The Knicks always talk about knowing how good they can be, but I sure think it'd be great if they decided to show everyone how good they can be.

J7F
03-16-2012, 01:01 PM
The Knicks always talk about knowing how good they can be, but I sure think it'd be great if they decided to show everyone how good they can be.

Only if they wait til after this weekend to do so...

;)

BillS
03-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Only if they wait til after this weekend to do so...

;)

Nah. I want to see how good they can be and beat them by showing how good WE can be.

That way we stop getting the excuses that the only wins we have against good teams should have asterisks on them for one reason or another.

ejwallace
03-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Nah. I want to see how good they can be and beat them by showing how good WE can be.

That way we stop getting the excuses that the only wins we have against good teams should have asterisks on them for one reason or another.

Just to piggy back on the asterisks column....Didn't a healthy Heat team, with Wade and Baby Bron-Bron, just lose to a D.Rose less Chicago???

Nuntius
03-16-2012, 02:00 PM

Not all women are like that.

Unclebuck
03-16-2012, 02:02 PM
I think all of this type of stuff is just nonsense

Hibbert
03-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Danny cracked them last year with 25 pts and 17 rebs. He always has played very good against the Knicks, whether it be here or there. Looking forward to this game, bring it on.

Hibbert
03-16-2012, 02:09 PM
BTW this is an inaccurate report. Melo said, Im glad you told me that, speaking to the reporter that told him of Danny's comment. He didn't say he was glad that Danny said it.

Johanvil
03-16-2012, 02:09 PM
What the hell was he supposed to say?That they are not winnable?All of the games are actually.
If people are getting worked up by such words,then there is something really wrong with them.

PacerPenguins
03-16-2012, 02:15 PM
idk if i was danny i would be scared

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj25m01oil1qfgi90o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332011702&Signature=HeeZrUtbhTWl00F4A%2BohA4gglTw%3D

J7F
03-16-2012, 05:56 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/430030_10150743320522146_782347145_11689975_188293 8000_n.jpg

NapTonius Monk
03-16-2012, 06:02 PM

Yep. Back in the old Pacers/Knicks rivalries, you got Reggie calling them "choke artists" and Ewing eyeing the camera and saying, "They're a good team, but we feel we're a better team." Now that's Pacers/Knicks! This stuff here is meh.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/01/29/sports/basketball/offthedribble-miller-0130/blogSpan.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0601/nba_pacers_knicks_1995_576.jpg

CJ Jones
03-16-2012, 06:12 PM
I would have been more afraid of them without Melo and With D'Antonie.

Those Knicks do play a PnR team oriented offense, and played more defense. We struggle with the PnR.

Now they'll just dump it to Melo, that's easier to stop..

Mello has destroyed Danny and this team in the past. Hopefully we play him better tonight, but it wouldn't surprise me if he goes off.

Pacer Fan
03-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Need to get Hans in early and throw an elbow on Amare and he will surrender.