PDA

View Full Version : Ok. Now sign Solomon Jones

Anthem
03-15-2012, 10:56 PM
I don't dislike the Barbosa trade, but I'm still pretty nervous about our frontcourt depth.

Why not sign Solomon Jones for the remainder of the season? He's not a world-changer, but he'd be a solid 3rd-string center for us. Right now the cupboard is pretty bare until Foster is back to 100% (if that day ever comes).

Pro-rated minimum salary is peanuts. Is there any downside?

Nuntius
03-15-2012, 10:58 PM
We could also sign Kyrylo Fesenko as Hibbert (not Roy, the forum one) pointed out.

Major Cold
03-15-2012, 11:00 PM
You don't sign these guys for the "rest of the year". 10 day contracts are the typical method.

So why sign them unless you need them. Until Hibbert, Lou, or West go down we don't need to sign anyone now. If we did we would have already.

CableKC
03-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Uhhhh.....why go after Solo when Bird says that Pendegraph is ready?

JB24
03-15-2012, 11:27 PM
You don't sign these guys for the "rest of the year". 10 day contracts are the typical method.

So why sign them unless you need them. Until Hibbert, Lou, or West go down we don't need to sign anyone now. If we did we would have already.

You can't sign 10 day contracts any more.

Anthem
03-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Uhhhh.....why go after Solo when Bird says that Pendegraph is ready?
I can believe that Penderwall is ready to start giving spot minutes as the third-string PF.

I don't look at the kid and see a center.

Hicks
03-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Eh. Not really interested. I'd rather play Lou.

Pacers4Life
03-15-2012, 11:30 PM
I think this is a great idea. And I see no harm in offering him a season long contract if it's possible. I too am very leery about the front court depth.

If you wait until you need him/them, what if someone else already has needed them/him? He's shown decent stretches of competent basketball this year; I'll take it.

crunk-juice
03-15-2012, 11:43 PM
he's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad

tadscout
03-16-2012, 12:13 AM
I can believe that Penderwall is ready to start giving spot minutes as the third-string PF.

He did well as a back up pf/center (played both) in Portland...

If he never hurt his knee and kept playing the way he was, everyone here would be ecstatic we have him as our 5th big --then again if he didn't hurt his knee he still would be with POR, just saying though.

Anthem
03-16-2012, 12:17 AM
He did well as a back up pf/center (played both) in Portland...

If he never hurt his knee and kept playing the way he was, everyone here would be ecstatic we have him as our 5th big --then again if he didn't hurt his knee he still would be with POR, just saying though.
That's fine. And I'm glad we signed him for two years, and I'll look forward to seeing what he can do for us next year.

But how much is he going to help us this year?

Anthem
03-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Eh. Not really interested. I'd rather play Lou.
Nobody's advocating playing him in front of Lou.

I'm advocating signing him for the minimum as a third-string center, since our third-stringer is out indefinitely.

vnzla81
03-16-2012, 12:27 AM
I rather get Diaw if they buy him out, he can play PF/C.

BornReady
03-16-2012, 12:27 AM
haha, why not pick up our best friend Magnum Rolle? :D

Peck
03-16-2012, 12:30 AM

Yet you look at Solomon Jones and see one?

We already have a third string center in Lou Amundson why do we need a fourth? BTW before you say that Foster is out I will say I'm not considering Jeff as our second string center. David West is our backup center, whether we like it or not he is going to play min. there because they pretty much guaranteed him that he would get min. and that Tyler had to have min. to develop.

If Roy goes down then by all means sign somebody, but other than that I just don't see the need.

The one inch of difference in height between Solomon & Pendegraph does not impress me enough to say make me want to bring him back.

Peck
03-16-2012, 12:32 AM

Maybe we could just convince the Lakers to buy out Murphy and we could bring him back as well.

Good God man, seriously... Boris Diaw...wow...I don't even know what to say.

vnzla81
03-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Maybe we could just convince the Lakers to buy out Murphy and we could bring him back as well.

Good God man, seriously... Boris Diaw...wow...I don't even know what to say.

You are comparing Diaw to Murphy? If he comes cheap why not? He can play power forward when Tyler is sucking or backup center when Lou is sucking, Yeah he is overwheight but he is averaging 7pts 5reb and 4apg, he is good at moving the ball, can play D and gets some rebounds, 2 or 3mil for him could be a good deal.

Brad8888
03-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Ok. Get a truckload of Golden Grahams, another truckload of Hershey bars, and finally a truckload of Jet-Puffed Marshmallows. Have them all delivered to the same remote location that doesn't have strict burn law enforcement.

Now, deliver to the same location whatever size pile of money is equivalent to the remainder of a vet minimum contract for a player who was so soft that he could not even remain in a rotation of bigs where he was one of the better jump shooters under a coach whose primary objective was to see how far out from the rim he could get any given big to play while opposing coaches laughed directly at him in the media.

Now, set fire to the pile of money, roast the marshmallows slightly, and create s'mores. Finally, pray that the ink and other chemicals used in the paper money do not become toxic enough when burned to create an issue when consuming s'mores that have been toasted over the flames.

Enjoy!

Peck
03-16-2012, 12:53 AM
You are comparing Diaw to Murphy? If he comes cheap why not? He can play power forward when Tyler is sucking or backup center when Lou is sucking, Yeah he is overwheight but he is averaging 7pts 5reb and 4apg, he is good at moving the ball, can play D and gets some rebounds, 2 or 3mil for him could be a good deal.

In what universe can he play D, because I'd like to visit that universe.

I have a feeling that if Diaw was currently on our team you would want to lynch him for his lack of D and chucking of shots, yet since he plays for another team you think he would be a good pickup.

Grass is not always greener.

He is Mike Dunleavy horrible.

vnzla81
03-16-2012, 01:02 AM

I have a feeling that if Diaw was currently on our team you would want to lynch him for his lack of D and chucking of shots, yet since he plays for another team you think he would be a good pickup.

Well I disagree and yes he can play D he was a great defender in Phoenix and nope he is not a chucker there is a reason why people complain that he is actually too worry to setup his teammates than get points for himself, by the way I would also like to mention that if he was here he could probably be our top assist guy, he averages close to the same assists as our starting point guard.

TheDavisBrothers
03-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Well I disagree and yes he can play D he was a great defender in Phoenix and nope he is not a chucker there is a reason why people complain that he is actually too worry to setup his teammates than get points for himself, by the way I would also like to mention that if he was here he could probably be our top assist guy, he averages close to the same assists as our starting point guard.

He has never been a great defender, he was decent in Pho, but he was also about 50 lbs lighter! I don't think he's a chucker, but he is not a very good scorer in general and his rebounding is terrible for a PF/C. Yes he is a very good passer, but that doesn't make up for everything else...

Peck
03-16-2012, 01:14 AM

Great defender? GREAT DEFENDER?

Now if you would have said he played acceptable defense with the Suns or even he was a good defender in Pheonix I might not have had the seizure that I suffered when I read your statement of great defender.

Scottie Pippen = great defender, Dwight Howard = great defender, Koby Bryant = great defender.

Andre Iguadala = good defender, Loul Deng - good defender, Paul George = good defender

Troy Murphy = horrid defender

Somewhere between Murphy & that second group is Diaw and believe me it's a lot closer to the Murphy level than that other level.

vnzla81
03-16-2012, 01:15 AM
He has never been a great defender, he was decent in Pho, but he was also about 50 lbs lighter! I don't think he's a chucker, but he is not a very good scorer in general and his rebounding is terrible for a PF/C. Yes he is a very good passer, but that doesn't make up for everything else...

You know we are talking about a backup and somebody that could probably be cheap right? Nobody is asking to break the bank for him or make him our franchise player.

Yep this reminds me of the same type of conversations I had with people when I said that I wanted Barbosa, I was getting the same type of questions "why do you want a chucker that plays no D?" "you are crazy", now everybody is happy that we got him.

vnzla81
03-16-2012, 01:18 AM
Great defender? GREAT DEFENDER?

Now if you would have said he played acceptable defense with the Suns or even he was a good defender in Pheonix I might not have had the seizure that I suffered when I read your statement of great defender.

Scottie Pippen = great defender, Dwight Howard = great defender, Koby Bryant = great defender.

Andre Iguadala = good defender, Loul Deng - good defender, Paul George = good defender

Troy Murphy = horrid defender

Somewhere between Murphy & that second group is Diaw and believe me it's a lot closer to the Murphy level than that other level.

Ok I made a mistake in calling him a "great defender" but he is still a good one, he could be our best defensive power forward hands down and again I disagree with the Troy Murphy comparison.

Hate this idea all you want but as always must of the people here would come around sooner or later :cool:

TheDavisBrothers
03-16-2012, 01:20 AM
You know we are talking about a backup and somebody that could probably be cheap right? Nobody is asking to break the bank for him or make him our franchise player.

Yep this reminds me of the same type of conversations I had with people when I said that I wanted Barbosa, I was getting the same type of questions "why do you want a chucker that plays no D?" "you are crazy", now everybody is happy that we got him.

I don't care how cheap he is, there is no point in bringing him in. I'd rather play Tyler and Lou off the bench over Boris "the only thing I can do is pass" Diaw

Peck
03-16-2012, 01:23 AM
Ok I made a mistake in calling him a "great defender" but he is still a good one, he could be our best defensive power forward hands down and again I disagree with the Troy Murphy comparison.

Now you know I'm not a fan of either Tyler's or David's defense for the most part but there is no way in hell that Diaw is better than either of them. Actually both West & Hansbrough are decent man to man defense but they both suck at help/rotation defense.

Diaw is no better at that than they are.

In fact the last couple of games I have been impressed with the D that Tyler has been playing.

Diaw is a good passer, he can shoot an outside shot, but honest to God I'd rather just let Danny Granger play the 4 if we have to.

vnzla81
03-16-2012, 01:26 AM
I don't care how cheap he is, there is no point in bringing him in. I'd rather play Tyler and Lou off the bench over Boris "the only thing I can do is pass" Diaw

:laugh: That's the point we need somebody on the second unit that can pass and create for others, we have a bunch of one on one players that are incapable of passing the ball or move the ball around(DJ,Tyler,Lou,AJ,Barbosa,Hill) Diaw could make our second unit even more efficient.

vnzla81
03-16-2012, 01:29 AM
Now you know I'm not a fan of either Tyler's or David's defense for the most part but there is no way in hell that Diaw is better than either of them. Actually both West & Hansbrough are decent man to man defense but they both suck at help/rotation defense.

In fact the last couple of games I have been impressed with the D that Tyler has been playing.

Diaw is a good passer, he can shoot an outside shot, but honest to God I'd rather just let Danny Granger play the 4 if we have to.

:laugh: OK so I get it you just don't like the guy, I like him and I have a different view of him, he is a glue guy that teams need, he could be perfect for our second unit.

Either way according to reports the Spurs that love players that don't play D and suck are waiting to get him for some reason ;)

TheDavisBrothers
03-16-2012, 01:33 AM
:laugh: OK so I get it you just don't like the guy, I like him and I have a different view of him, he is a glue guy that teams need, he could be perfect for our second unit.

Either way according to reports the Spurs that love players that don't play D and suck are waiting to get him for some reason ;)

The Spurs also got Stephen Jackson, do you want him also?!

Peck
03-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Dear God I can't believe I'm about to say this but.....

I am wondering what a few min. of Hill, Barbosa, George, Granger & Amundson would look like together on the court.:blush::blush:

I hate small ball with the passion of a white hot sun the way that O'Brien ran it because all he cared about was shooting and not being more athletic.

That lineup just seems to me like it would be a very tough cover for most benches in the NBA.

vnzla81
03-16-2012, 01:38 AM

I am wondering what a few min. of Hill, Barbosa, George, Granger & Amundson would look like together on the court.:blush::blush:

I hate small ball with the passion of a white hot sun the way that O'Brien ran it because all he cared about was shooting and not being more athletic.

That lineup just seems to me like it would be a very tough cover for most benches in the NBA.

You see? Now you are buying one of my ideas(I was joking) it won't take that long before you see what I see with Diaw ;)

TheDavisBrothers
03-16-2012, 01:41 AM
:laugh: That's the point we need somebody on the second unit that can pass and create for others, we have a bunch of one on one players that are incapable of passing the ball or move the ball around(DJ,Tyler,Lou,AJ,Barbosa,Hill) Diaw could make our second unit even more efficient.

I'd still rather have what Tyler and Lou bring to the table over Diaw

vnzla81
03-16-2012, 01:41 AM
The Spurs also got Stephen Jackson, do you want him also?!

And your point is? everybody knows that probably the only person that can control Jackson is Pop, Jackson is still a good player, a pain in the azz but a good player, the Spurs are not stupid getting Diaw would make them way better, they are an smart Championship competing team for a reason.

TheDavisBrothers
03-16-2012, 01:47 AM
And your point is? everybody knows that probably the only person that can control Jackson is Pop, Jackson is still a good player, a pain in the azz but a good player, the Spurs are not stupid getting Diaw would make them way better, they are an smart Championship competing team for a reason.

My point is, you can't use the fact that SA wants Diaw, as a reason for why the Pacers should get him. I know that Pop is the only one that can control Jackson, in fact, you probably stole that line directly from my post on that topic...

AesopRockOn
03-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Ok. Get a truckload of Golden Grahams, another truckload of Hershey bars, and finally a truckload of Jet-Puffed Marshmallows. Have them all delivered to the same remote location that doesn't have strict burn law enforcement.

Now, deliver to the same location whatever size pile of money is equivalent to the remainder of a vet minimum contract for a player who was so soft that he could not even remain in a rotation of bigs where he was one of the better jump shooters under a coach whose primary objective was to see how far out from the rim he could get any given big to play while opposing coaches laughed directly at him in the media.

Now, set fire to the pile of money, roast the marshmallows slightly, and create s'mores. Finally, pray that the ink and other chemicals used in the paper money do not become toxic enough when burned to create an issue when consuming s'mores that have been toasted over the flames.

Enjoy!

I'm not sure what's going one, but I appreciate your effort. Also, I'm hungry. :)

McKeyFan
03-16-2012, 05:36 AM

Put me in the camp of those who think Diaw would be a decent pickup. But he's more of a 4 than a 5.

To answer Anthem's OP, I see absolutely no downside to picking up Solo as a fallback. If someone gets injured and we need him for a few minutes a game, the sooner he (or someone like him) gets acclimated to the system, the better.

Solo is no hall of famer, but I never thought he was turrible. He's okay.

Sandman21
03-16-2012, 05:44 AM
There aint enough cheeseburgers in the city for us to sign to Diaw.

Cactus Jax
03-16-2012, 07:02 AM

Cept when it comes to donuts, he doesn't pass those up.

sportfireman
03-16-2012, 07:06 AM
I mentioned in the Solo released thread that if we don't get Kaveman:) we will probably go after Solo. I say yes get him... he would be decent insurance and has some experience.

Steagles
03-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Play Lou. Play the Enforcer. Enough said.

Sandman21
03-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Cept when it comes to donuts, he doesn't pass those up.

There aren't enough donut shops in the city to get Diaw either.....

Long's just doesn't have enough shops!:laugh:

Nuntius
03-16-2012, 08:36 AM

His skillset resembles more a SF or a PG though.

Edit: About the Diaw and Solo ideas.

I'd have no problem with Solo. I don't consider him necessary but he could be useful.

I'd have no problem with Boris. As long as we don't attempt to play him at the C and as long as he comes in very cheap. If we play him at PF or SF then he could be useful. Just be sure to hide him on the enemy's worst offensive player on the defensive end so we can mask his lack of defense.

Still, I'd be more happy if we brought in someone like Kyrylo Fesenko. He has size, he is a great defender and would come cheap in order to get a second shot in the NBA.

beast23
03-16-2012, 09:05 AM
That's fine. And I'm glad we signed him for two years, and I'll look forward to seeing what he can do for us next year.

But how much is he going to help us this year?
Are talking about Pendergraph? Or is this just a recanned comment that might have been made about Solomon Jones 3 years ago?

Jones had a handful of good games in his time here. As far as I'm concerned I want no part of Jones. He was bench fodder then and he is bench fodder now. Just because we were a much weaker team then and he was one of our only options off the bench, in no way makes him the same value now.

Personally, I don't want a re-link to the past. I want to forget those bad teams and move forward. My only exception to that sentiment might be Jarrett Jack.

But for now, just say "No" to Solomon Jones.

2minutes twoa
03-16-2012, 09:34 AM
I think they'll probably just go with the bigs we currently have and just try to manage Fosters minutes so he will be ready come playoff time.

Foster will more than likely retire next year, so a big should definitely be a priority in the offseason.

Hibbert
03-16-2012, 09:45 AM
haha, why not pick up our best friend Magnum Rolle? :D

In all seriousness Marcus Lewis of the Tulsa 66ers from NBADL would be the big to get. He's only 6'8'' - 6'9'' but the guy can block out and rebound. He's also 245lbs so he's a big body and a banger. Might be worth taking a look for the rest of the season if someone goes out.

Hibbert
03-16-2012, 09:54 AM

Diaw is a good defensive player, he is a better defender than both Tyler and David. He is very strong and moves his feet alot better than both TH and DW. His weight gain, showing up out of shape, has had really no affect on his game this year. Both Tyler and David are better rebounders than Boris but defense Diaw has the advantage.

Hibbert
03-16-2012, 10:01 AM

This is far from the truth, Diaw is a good defender. Comparing him to Mike Dunleavy is just plain wrong. Diaw is ten times the defensive player that Mike is, no comparison whatsoever.

Justin Tyme
03-16-2012, 10:17 AM
My feeling is you are paying JP to play, so let him play. No reason to bring in Solo. Solo had his chance in a Pacers uni, now let JP.

sportfireman
03-16-2012, 10:21 AM
His skillset resembles more a SF or a PG though.

Edit: About the Diaw and Solo ideas.

I'd have no problem with Solo. I don't consider him necessary but he could be useful.

I'd have no problem with Boris. As long as we don't attempt to play him at the C and as long as he comes in very cheap. If we play him at PF or SF then he could be useful. Just be sure to hide him on the enemy's worst offensive player on the defensive end so we can mask his lack of defense.

Still, I'd be more happy if we brought in someone like Kyrylo Fesenko. He has size, he is a great defender and would come cheap in order to get a second shot in the NBA.

Never heard of him until now. He seems to be a better pick up....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b9D2PQdRPiw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

naptownmenace
03-16-2012, 10:29 AM

I still can't believe that no one has signed him this season. Is he playing overseas somewhere? I don't get how a legit 7-footer who can block shots isn't being sought as a backup by the Heat, Celtics, Lakers, or Knicks.

Maybe he's hurt? If not, I think he'd be a great addition. He's one of the big guys I said the Pacers should sign before the season started. Although, now that Lou is finally in game shape, I don't think backup Center is as big of a need as it was a month ago.

Finally, is it just me or doesn't he look like the long lost son of Rik Smits?

naptownmenace
03-16-2012, 10:40 AM
There's a good article about available big-men on ESPN's Miami Heat Index page:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/12947/assessing-the-heats-options-post-deadline

MIAMI – Before any discussion on weaknesses the Heat have or what player they might add before the playoffs there needs to be some reality check. So here it is: the Heat are not desperate; there are probably between 20-25 teams that would gladly swap problems; they’re still one of the favorites to win the title.

Now that’s done with, there’s a reason the Heat have been combing the country to find a player who could give them something, anything at the center position. Defending certain big men and rebounding – they have been outrebounded by 53 in their four losses since the All-Star break – are their biggest issues.

Since they decided to use their draft pick on a point guard and their free agent dollars on Shane Battier, the Heat have been scrambling to address this issue. From bringing in Eddy Curry and putting him on a weeks-long weight-loss routine to working out Rasheed Wallace to bringing in guys who are just back from the Chinese league like Shavlik Randolph, it’s been a deep search.

They’re not looking for a starter, there’s barely a chance of that. The Heat’s front office is hoping for a guy who might be able to play 5-10 minutes more effectively than Dexter Pittman, who ranks 73rd among centers in player efficiency rating (Curry, by the way, is 80th and the since deposed Mickell Gladness is 78th).

Now for some more reality: the pickings are slim, bare-boned in fact. Here’s a look at what the Heat are looking at for their last roster spot:

Buyout options
The two on Heat fan’s tongues are Chris Kaman, who survived the deadline with the New Orleans Hornets, and Jermaine O’Neal of the Boston Celtics.

The hurdles with Kaman are many. Team general manager Dell Demps told the New Orleans Times-Picayune “our intention is to keep Chris” but “never say never.” Even if Demps wants to buy Kaman out the ownership – the league’s 29 owners right now – would have to approve by a majority. There would seem to be little to no chance of that happening because owners wouldn’t want to help a rival.

Even if that somehow too place Kaman would have other suitors and some may be more attractive to him than Miami. Clearly, he’d be the Heat’s dream late-season pickup and likely would move into the starting lineup quickly. But it also seems like it’s a bit of a long shot.

As for O’Neal, the Celtics just lost center Chris Wilcox for the season because of a heart issue and they are currently lined up to play the Heat in the first round of the playoffs. Very slim chance he’s let go under those circumstances. It's also worth noting that O'Neal took to his Twitter account early Friday morning -- the first time he'd used it in six months -- to deny any rumors he'd wanted a buyout as was floated.

One name that likely will be on the market is Ronny Turiaf. The 6-10 energy guy is headed for waivers after the Nuggets traded for him Thursday as part of a larger deal. But he's only managed to play four games this season for one of the worst teams in the league in Washington.

There will certainly be a player or two who gets bought out before the March 23 deadline that is unexpected – it happened with Mike Bibby last year – and the Heat have their fingers crossed the surprise buyout this year is a big man. That’s been their hope all along.

D-Leaguers
There are a couple of veterans who have been playing in the D-League waiting for a call up. Two that standout, scouts say, are Dan Gadzuric and Mikki Moore.

Gadzuric is not a banger but still moves well and that would fit in with the Heat’s system. He’s currently playing for the Texas Legends and averaging a double double. He played last year for the New Jersey Nets.

Moore hasn’t played in the league in two years but has been playing well for the Idaho Stampede. He has never been a great rebounder, though, which might limit the interest the Heat have in him.

Free agents
There are a couple big bodies who are waiting for the phone to ring and presumably staying in shape. The names will not inspire confidence. The most intriguing – Kenyon Martin and Joel Przybilla – have already turned the Heat down to sign elsewhere.

At the top of this list is Kyrylo Fesenko, who hasn’t been heard from since a deal to sign with the Golden State Warriors fell through in December. An injury and a long time in his native Ukraine left him badly out of shape at the time. He’s supposedly been focusing on getting in playing condition. He’s a wide body that the Heat would be interested in but they don’t have time for him to play his way into shape like Curry and Pittman did.

Also on this list are Soloman Jones, recently cut by the Clippers, and DJ Mbenga, the rugged center who carved out a niche with the Lakers on their latest title teams. But neither would seem like a true upgrade from Pittman at the moment.

European options
There are several players who are overseas that could fill the spot. But there are contractual issues that often get in the way of these types of moves. Nenad Kristic, for example, is locked into a deal with CSKA Moscow. As is Andrei Kirilenko. There are some other former NBA big men like Darnell Jackson, Hilton Armstrong and Alexis Ajinca in Europe as well. But, again, it’s a question of whether any of them could give the Heat more than Pittman or Curry.

It does seem likely that the Heat will add a big man with their 15th roster spot. Perhaps he’s mentioned here and perhaps he’s not. Pat Riley has pulled off roster miracles before but the overall outlook shouldn’t be to expect the cavalry.

maragin
03-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Where's that Stanko novelty account when you need him?

PR07
03-16-2012, 11:18 AM
I can understand people wanting another big for comfort purposes, but why Solomon Jones? We tried him once and he wasn't very good. It's also not like he knows the new system either since it's all new under Vogel. Doesn't make sense.

LetsTalkPacers
03-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Maybe I missed it, but why cant 10 day contracts be signed anymore?

tadscout
03-16-2012, 01:41 PM
I can understand people wanting another big for comfort purposes, but why Solomon Jones? We tried him once and he wasn't very good. It's also not like he knows the new system either since it's all new under Vogel. Doesn't make sense.

Also I don't see Bird bringing back a guy he had to fine and suspend, just to do his job (when solo wasn't weightlifting)... and that just isn't Bird, but most smart employers wouldn't willingly bring back someone like that.

Hibbert
03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Change the title to Ok. Now sign Terrance Williams. Dude was just released. High upside and still young but he is a wing and unfortunately we are not in need of one. He will be a good pick up for some team and won't be out of commission for long.

beast23
03-16-2012, 02:42 PM

When it was first rumored that we might be getting Barbosa, the lineup of Hill, Barbosa, George, Granger & Admundson is the exact lineup that I was thinking about.

Against and opponent's small-ball lineup it is well-balanced, pretty good all-around defensively and just plain scrappy. It would be a joy to watch there guys play together for several minutes a game. And I agree, I don't see many second units being able to run and score with these guys.

Quite frankly, I think there are several starting lineups that would be challenged by this group of players.

Nuntius
03-16-2012, 02:59 PM
I still can't believe that no one has signed him this season. Is he playing overseas somewhere? I don't get how a legit 7-footer who can block shots isn't being sought as a backup by the Heat, Celtics, Lakers, or Knicks.

Maybe he's hurt? If not, I think he'd be a great addition. He's one of the big guys I said the Pacers should sign before the season started. Although, now that Lou is finally in game shape, I don't think backup Center is as big of a need as it was a month ago.

Finally, is it just me or doesn't he look like the long lost son of Rik Smits?

He is not playing overseas. He was hurt in the Eurobasket during early September (meniscus injury which was expected to keep him out for 2 months). The Warriors reportedly signed him in a one year contract worth of $ 1.07 mil (that's a price I'd be more than willing to pay) at the 27th of December but for some reason he was never part of their roster. Maybe he was cut? (Here's the link by the way: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/27/fesenko.warriors/index.html)

Also, Bleacherreport reported that the Bucks were having talks with him in February 17. He was reportedly feeling fine and he is living in Denver. The Bucks backed down as it seems. (Here's the link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1069834-nba-rumors-kyrylo-fesenko-wouldnt-solve-bucks-post-problems)

Bleacherreport is not reliable I know but I have no reason to believe that Amick was lying.

So, the info we have on Kyrylo is that he is an UFA, lives in Denver and would sign for around 1 mil. Oh, and he also seemed to work on a lefty hook during the Eurobasket.