PDA

View Full Version : Bird thinks Pendergraph is ready....

ejwallace
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/fc3365c5-caf6-4d12-93b7-11afd9fad0d5/?source=twitter

Bird mentioned that he thinks Jeff Pendergraph is at the point where he feels like the big man can help the Pacers if he plays. There’s still no timetable on when Jeff Foster will return to the lineup. “Jeff is a banger, he knows how to play,” Bird said. “He just hasn’t had any time. He’s finally healthy. If we ever have an opportunity, I’d get him in there and you can always play David West at center a little bit. Now we have to look where (Foster’s) at.”

TheDavisBrothers
03-15-2012, 08:41 PM
I hope he's right...

Heisenberg
03-15-2012, 08:42 PM
That makes one of us.

PacersHomer
03-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Finally! Pendergraph time.

CableKC
03-15-2012, 08:43 PM
What does Bird think that Pendegraph is ready for?

Wearing a suit at the end of the bench?

I don't mind giving him the chance....at this point....I will approach Pendegraph the same way that I approached Amundson when he joined the rotation....prove to me that he's worth giving any minutes beyond being the White flag of surrender or winning.

BRushWithDeath
03-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Was he born ready too?

tadscout
03-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Pendergraph was ready and had the skills before his injury (played solid time as POR back-up 4/5)... now he is back to 100%, so what is the surprise?

Hicks
03-15-2012, 08:53 PM
From what I saw of him in Portland, he's actually a decent player, but I just don't see a spot for him unless Lou or Tyler gets hurt.

Steagles
03-15-2012, 08:54 PM
#TheEnforcer

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

MiaDragon
03-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Has Bird actually watched the guy play this year?

Nuntius
03-15-2012, 09:17 PM
He has shown a nice stroke on his jumper, he can hit FTs and he seems to run the court adequately. I'd have no problem with him getting some PT here and there. Just don't sacrifice Lou's minutes :D

Steagles
03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Man this is such a great problem to have. We have 13 of our 14 guys who can consistently play at least 10 minutes and play well. The 14th, Jeff Foster, can play more than that, he's just nearing the end of his playing road and can't keep healthy. I love that everyone can play, especially when lots of teams have to give minutes to benchwarmers.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

PGisthefuture
03-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Makes sense considering we didn't trade for a big man. We really don't know what he can do exactly. He's still young and Bird sees more of him than any of us so who knows.... He's pretty athletic it seams. I wouldn't mind seeing him in when it's not just garbage time.

Naptown_Seth
03-15-2012, 09:53 PM
That makes one of us.
No kidding, talk about "ignore that we didn't get Kaman, we have Pendy" spin.

I like Jeff P, I liked his banger game in college, and he seems like a genuinely nice kid to have on the team. But this isn't an application for your new neighbor, this is "must frustrate Noah or Bosh" type of work.

I don't think he's ready for that.

I'm just hoping Lou can keep his game dialed in, that might be the saving aspect to all of this.

ilive4sports
03-15-2012, 09:55 PM
ITS PENDERWALL TIME!

TheDavisBrothers
03-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Jeff Pendergraph just seems like a poor man's Lou Amundson :)

vnzla81
03-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Ready for what? to sit on the bench?

Hicks
03-15-2012, 11:36 PM
No kidding, talk about "ignore that we didn't get Kaman, we have Pendy" spin.

Yes, I'm sure Bird gave even two seconds of consideration to how he could spin things specifically to appease the minority of fans who were even aware of Kaman being a possible acquisition, and then he carefully decided to NOW talk about Pendergraph being ready, just for the sake of trying to (and failing immediately) spin things for you and those feeling similarly.

Uh... no. He's just talking about Jeff; this is no conspiracy attempt to try to pacify some wacky small minority group of Pacers fans hung up about Chris Kaman.

And you have caught up to where they wanted our FIRST ROUND pick for him, right? And the part where NO ONE ELSE GOT HIM EITHER AND THEY ARE NOT CUTTING HIM, right? Move on.

imbtyler
03-16-2012, 01:55 AM
I'm excited to see what comes of Pender...wall? Is that what we're calling him?

He's got a nice silver lining to him that hasn't really seemed to shine yet. I think giving him considerable court time will start to get him back into the groove of things. I'd like to see him evolve into a killer 4/5, who can be switched with Lou between those spots, and perform admirably. It'd be great to see him become the solution to the Hansproblem, even though Lou has been a nice refreshment.

Most importantly, I want Pendergraph to be proven enough for me to buy a T-shirt jersey. I will be a little disappointed if he does end up to be a well-off and consistent player, a veritable miracle, and he's been right under our nose this whole time. But not disappointed enough to care.