cramerica
03-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Spurs fans couldn't stand RJ.

TheDavisBrothers
03-15-2012, 01:59 PM
If anybody can keep (and has kept) him in check, it's coach Pop and the Spurs

Will Galen
03-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Barring injury the Spurs are now my favorite to come out of the West.

SycamoreKen
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM
They got rid of Jefferson's contract, added a guy that knows the system, and kept their young guys. This should be fun to watch.

BKK
03-15-2012, 02:52 PM
That's a solid move for the Spurs!

Kuq_e_Zi91
03-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Gotta love the Spurs organization. They just get it done.

J7F
03-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Spurs fans are extactic

Roms! I didn't realize you posted here...

PacerDude
03-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Huh ??

Every other day, Jackson is despised around here. All of a sudden it's all puppies and rainbows with him ??

Yeah, yeah - Pop this and Duncan that and yada-yada ........ As soon as he gets bored or benched, he's going to be an issue. He's got a fairly consistent reputation.

TheDavisBrothers
03-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Huh ??

Every other day, Jackson is despised around here. All of a sudden it's all puppies and rainbows with him ??

Yeah, yeah - Pop this and Duncan that and yada-yada ........ As soon as he gets bored or benched, he's going to be an issue. He's got a fairly consistent reputation.

I don't think he'll get bored on a championship contending team and I think he's a clear option to get a lot of time at SF for them. With that said, I still pretty much despise him...

tadscout
03-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Huh ??

I can't stand his antics... but the Spurs have been the only place to keep him in line.

Nuntius
03-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Huh ??

1) If there's one coach that is going to keep him calm that's Popovich.

2) Jefferson was more infuriating. Just ask any Spurs fan.

3) They also got a 1st round pick to boost.

4) SJax is also cheaper.

The Spurs have hit a homerun here.

tadscout
03-15-2012, 07:46 PM
1) If there's one coach that is going to keep him calm that's Popovich.

2) Jefferson was more infuriating. Just ask any Spurs fan.

3) They also got a 1st round pick to boost.

4) SJax is also cheaper.

The Spurs have hit a homerun here.

Actually the Spurs gave up the pick

PacerDude
03-15-2012, 07:53 PM
I can't stand his antics... but the Spurs have been the only place to keep him in line.

And they let him walk after a few years.

Not sure what the whole thing means, but it'll be entertaining.

Nuntius
03-15-2012, 07:53 PM

Proof reading fail. And just to think I read it about 5 times to be sure :p

d_c
03-15-2012, 07:54 PM

Yeah, the Warriors wouldn't have much motivation to do that trade otherwise.

pacer4ever
03-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah, the Warriors wouldn't have much motivation to do that trade otherwise.

still they shouldn't of had any motivation to do the trade they just paid 11 million dollars for a late 20s draft pick. Not only they pay the cash but in form of cap space and a roster spot terrible move.

SycamoreKen
03-15-2012, 08:00 PM
When was the last time he was on a team that had 3 players that would tell him to sit down and shut up or, had a coach that had no problem sitting him on the bench and playing d-league finds in front of him? He is coming back home and will give Manu the rest he needs to stay fresh for the play offs.

I don't care for his attitude an antics, but hope he gives the spurs what they need to make it out of he west.

xBulletproof
03-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Everyone keeps saying the Spurs kept him in check, but that was also before he fancied himself as an awesome NBA player too. He was a player that was out of the NBA for years after being drafted and was just happy to be given a chance on a good team. Not to mention he was injured for most of one of his two seasons in San Antonio.

Completely different guy.

PacerDude
03-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Completely different guy.
I'll counter with the leopard and its spots.

rexnom
03-15-2012, 08:24 PM
He will be fine. Perfect team for him.

Not so sure I get it for the Warriors. Not loving their finances moving forward.

d_c
03-15-2012, 08:31 PM
still they shouldn't of had any motivation to do the trade they just paid 11 million dollars for a late 20s draft pick. Not only they pay the cash but in form of cap space and a roster spot terrible move.

Me, I wouldn't have done the deal they did. I wouldn't have spent the money for a low pick.

But their thinking is, in 2014, they get a bunch of expirings at once. They like the 2014 FA class that year a lot more and they'll have massive cap space that year. I wouldn't have spent that much money to get a draft pick if I were the owner, but I'm not the owner and it's not my money. It's his money and the team doesn't believe Jefferson's deal impedes what they want to accomplish, so they did it.

TheDavisBrothers
03-15-2012, 08:35 PM

The extra year on Jefferson's contract: about $11 mil
The late 20's draft pick contract: about $1 mil
Getting rid of Stephen Jackson: priceless

flox
03-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Spurs also got rid of TJ Ford's salary in that trade too, according to the Spurs forums.

SycamoreKen
03-16-2012, 01:14 AM
I think Jefferson will do better in GS where he has more freedom on offense.

Peck
03-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Spurs also got rid of TJ Ford's salary in that trade too, according to the Spurs forums.

TJ Ford ‏ @tj_ford
Traded to GSW!!!!!!! Lol

90'sNBARocked
03-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Jackson the basketball player is EXACTLY what we could have used right now, moreso than Barbosa. I understand why management wouldnt do that, but Pops, and the Spurs oginization dont have an issue

Kuq_e_Zi91
03-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Jackson the basketball player is EXACTLY what we could have used right now, moreso than Barbosa. I understand why management wouldnt do that, but Pops, and the Spurs oginization dont have an issue

I don't think the issue with Jackson is with the Pacers organization, Bird or Vogel. It's the fans. They're the ones who wanted him gone.