PDA

View Full Version : Why Mullen should not be in charge of personnel

Fool
11-15-2004, 09:27 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap.php#1100517005

One day after saying he wouldn't make any lineup changes, Warriors coach Mike Montgomery made changes, replacing forward Adonal Foyle with Cliff Robinson as starters against the expansion Charlotte Bobcats.

Foyle, the Warriors starter through the first six games, not only didn't start he didn't play, registering a 'Did Not Play, Coaches Decision'.

Montgomery said after the game he didn't put Foyle in because Dale Davis played well and the rotation he had was clicking. Also, because Charlotte played a lot of small ball after Emeka Okafor sprained his ankle in the first half, Montgomery said he wanted his most athletic group on the floor.

"You can't focus on who's not playing because you're going to go through that every single time," Montgomery said. "We made a lineup change just to see if we couldn't get off to a better start. I could've gone with Adonal just as easily as Dale. But we liked what was happening on the floor. ... It isn't anything he's doing wrong."

Foyle was one of the first players to leave the locker room and was unavailable for comment.

--------------------------------------------------------
How much did they just pay this guy not to play versus athletic opponents?

Anthem
11-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Wow.

Good thing they won, although not by much.

I love Mully, but I can't figure out what he's trying to do.

Kegboy
11-15-2004, 02:06 PM
It should be noted that Charlotte had major injury problems that game (Primoz was described as playing "with one arm.") For all intensive purposes, GS should be winless.

The Foyle and Fisher signings were both majorly screwy. He did do a good job with the Dampier trade, though, and if he can get an All-Star trading Dale and Cliff (which he really should be able to do), maybe they'll be all right.
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

SycamoreKen
11-15-2004, 10:45 PM
It should be noted that Charlotte had major injury problems that game (Primoz was described as playing "with one arm.") For all intensive purposes, GS should be winless.

The Foyle and Fisher signings were both majorly screwy. He did do a good job with the Dampier trade, though, and if he can get an All-Star trading Dale and Cliff (which he really should be able to do), maybe they'll be all right.
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

How are they going to get an all-star for Dale and Cliff? The couple of times I've seen them play, most of it against the Spurs, they looked mediocre and old.

Anthem
11-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Ending contracts.

Charcoal Filtered
11-15-2004, 11:07 PM
Not for sure what you are talking about. Chris has built the Mavericks into a title contender.