PDA

View Full Version : Anybody think this is NOT Reggie's final year?

Bball
11-15-2004, 03:07 AM
Since it is believed (or possibly it is a known fact at this point) that Reggie has an option for 1 more year I am curious if anyone (besides me) think it is at least 50/50 or better he takes it and plays one more year.

I see a lot of posts talking about our future rotation possibilities, trades and pecking order, etc and all of them seem to take it as a foregone conclusion Reggie retires after this season.

I'm not betting the farm on it or anything but I wouldn't exactly be surprised to see Reggie come back.

I'm not expecting a retirement announcement on TV after the last game. I'm instead expecting a silence period and a 'need time to think it over period'. Lots of 'will he or won't he?' posts and local media stories. And a summer of question marks as the shape of the future roster is put on hold.

-Bball

skyfire
11-15-2004, 08:36 AM
I think it would mainly depend on how injuries effect this season for him. If he came back from injury and earned solid minutes in the rotation competing against SJax and Freddy and the Pacers didn't end up winning the title then I think he could come back. I guess you could draw up lots of whatifs...

rabid
11-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Since we're going to win the title this year, I think Reg will want to go out on top with a ring on his finger... ;)

Anthem
11-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Don't scare me like that, Bball.

We need to win it all this year.

Will Galen
11-15-2004, 10:07 AM
I think Reg only retires if we win it all.

3Ball
11-15-2004, 11:25 AM
If we go deep, but don't QUITE make it, especially if there is some injury problem, how could he NOT come back. It would be too cruel to wait all these years only to see the P's win the year after he retires...

Bball
11-15-2004, 11:36 AM
If we go deep, but don't QUITE make it, especially if there is some injury problem, how could he NOT come back. It would be too cruel to wait all these years only to see the P's win the year after he retires...

Unless the dollars he is getting paid is the difference in us resigning or acquiring an important or missing piece of the puzzle.

-Bball

tora tora
11-15-2004, 08:53 PM
He's still an effective player on the floor, and can run up and down the court easily for a guy his age. I'd be delighted to see him come back another year, hopefully bump himself in the top 10 all time scoring. :nunchuck:

Anthem
11-15-2004, 10:04 PM
hopefully bump himself in the top 10 all time scoring. :nunchuck:

Is that likely? I thought he'd have to average like 15 a game to do that.

tora tora
11-15-2004, 10:30 PM
hopefully bump himself in the top 10 all time scoring. :nunchuck:

Is that likely? I thought he'd have to average like 15 a game to do that.

He's cabaple of doing that. He said he'd be more aggresive offensively, and I believe him. This fractured hand is just setting him back, but once it's healed I have a feeling he's going to come back strong.

Anthem
11-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Meh. I still find it hard to believe.

Where are the stats? How far out from #10 is he?

Bball
11-16-2004, 02:13 AM
Reggie Miller: "Passed Charles Barkley for 14th place on the NBA's all-time career scoring list, finishing the 2003-04 season with 24,305 points"

10. Alex English - 25,613 points

He needs 1308 to crack the top 10 (if my sources are correct).

So he'd need 16pts per game... IF he was playing every game of an 82 game season....
0r 8pts per game for two full seasons.

Assuming 60 games he'd need 21.8pts per game to crack the top 10 this year (assuming he only misses 22 games).

Hmmmm 8 points (just under 8 actually) per game over 2 seasons to crack the top 10... Well... that adds another piece of ammo to lessen my surprise if he decides to come back next season.

-Bball

clownskull
11-16-2004, 12:27 PM
i think reggie's days of getting 16 ppg. are history. the only way he could get those numbers now would be if he turned into a detrimental ball hog and i don't see him going out like that.

FireTheCoach
11-16-2004, 03:56 PM
I only reply to this thread to say that I refuse to talk about this subject.

Regge shoulda been gone a looooooooooooooong time ago .... IMHO anyway.

:mad: But you know.... I've said all there is to say, thats why I rarely post anymore.

Bball
11-16-2004, 04:23 PM

:mad: But you know.... I've said all there is to say, thats why I rarely post anymore.

I figured you were busy gigging....

How goes the music buz for you?

-Bball

FireTheCoach
11-17-2004, 07:56 AM

I figured you were busy gigging....

How goes the music buz for you?

-Bball

I'm hitting the studio on 11-27/28 to begin laying down tracks for the next CD. :cool:

sixthman
11-17-2004, 08:35 AM
I think Reggie will be back next year.