PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis / Bogut trade ...

xBulletproof
03-13-2012, 09:04 PM
[Sam Amick] Sam Amick: Source confirms @Adrian Wojnarowski report: Milwaukee and GS agreed in principle to deal sending Bogut & S. Jackson to Ws for Ellis, Udoh & Brown. now

=====

That will be funny. Jennings and Monta on the same team. Good luck to anyone else wanting the ball.

idioteque
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Is Milwaukee trying to turn into Sacramento East?

PacerPenguins
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
wow hot damn...... golden state is going to suck

xBulletproof
03-13-2012, 09:08 PM
So how long before we get a reverse Sprewell? With Skiles choking Monta? :laugh:

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 09:09 PM
I agree with this, bad trade for GS.

Ben Maller ‏ @benmaller Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Warriors traded best player (Monta Ellis) for two INJURED players (Jackson, Bogut). That pretty much sums up Golden State's franchise.

PacerPenguins
man that trade sucks for both teams i just know y they would do that

cdash
Since their new ownership took over, Golden State has desperately tried to acquire a defensive minded center to anchor their defense. They got one. The Dubs are putting a lot of faith in two guys that are constantly injured though (Bogut and Curry). If they were ever healthy for an extended period of time, the team might be dangerous. As it stands now, they don't look any closer to being a true playoff contender though. Ellis was expendable and needed a fresh start.

ballism
03-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Bogut for 65 games a year is still awesome. And that's reasonable to expect in a normal season.
GSW could be very good next year.

PacerPenguins
03-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Bogut for 65 games a year is still awesome. And that's reasonable to expect in a normal season.

did u forget to add green or r u serious? :p

cdash
03-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Also, Chad Ford is bringing up a good point on Twitter: Golden State is currently slotted to pick 10th. If they pick in the top 7, they get to keep their pick. Anything lower, and the pick goes to Utah. So in essence, they are calling this a lost season and are probably going to lose enough games to keep their lottery pick, which in this draft could be huge.

Major Cold
03-13-2012, 09:16 PM
I agree with this, bad trade for GS.

Ben Maller ‏ @benmaller Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Warriors traded best player (Monta Ellis) for two INJURED players (Jackson, Bogut). That pretty much sums up Golden State's franchise.

Unless they think they can get rich with a top 7 pick.

They traded a 1st for Marcus Williams. The Nets sent that to the Jazz to get Deron. If the GSWs draft 8-30 it goes to the Jazz.

Chad Ford ‏ @chadfordinsider
Warriors pick is Top 7 protected this year. If they pick in the Top 7, they keep it. If they pick 8-30, they send to Jazz.

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Horrible trade for GS this is like Toronto trading for the broken down JO expecting him to get healthy and of course he never did.

Monta+Udoh+ expiring for crazy Jackson and Bogut? stupid trade :shakehead

Heisenberg
03-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Is Jackson actually injured? I mean other than in his brain?

Stuckey7370
03-13-2012, 09:18 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/gswscribe

Marcus Thompson ‏ @gswscribe
Said one Warriors player: "So we're just giving up on the season?"

xBulletproof
03-13-2012, 09:19 PM
If Golden State sucks bad enough that they end up at the top of this draft, it won't be looked at the same at all.

avoidingtheclowns
03-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Marcel Mutoni (https://twitter.com/#!/marcel_mutoni)
RT @AdamReisinger: When Mark Jackson informs the team about the trade, I hope he tells them "mamma there go those men"
7:45 PM

RT @tomhaberstroh: Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis have missed a combined 827 shots this season. No pair of teammates have missed more.
7:53 PM

idioteque
03-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Golden State got Captain Jack back, did he leave there on ****** terms the first time?

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Is Jackson actually injured? I mean other than in his brain?

Yep, neither player they traded for is going to be able to play for a while.

cdash
03-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Yep, neither player they traded for is going to be able to play for a while.

And in this trade, I think that is a good thing. I know it's difficult and kind of a backward way to look at it, but if things play out the way they should, then Golden State is trading for their own lottery pick essentially.

Heisenberg
03-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Golden State got Captain Jack back, did he leave there on ****** terms the first time?
Yes. Think he was demanding an extension with like 2 and a half years left on his deal.

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Rusty Simmons ‏ @Rusty_SFChron Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Ellis offered this gem, "I knew they weren't going to trade me to a playoff team."

Heisenberg
03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Bucks are in 8th Monta.

PacerPenguins
Ellis offered this gem, "I knew they weren't going to trade me to a playoff team."

well technically they are the 8th seed

avoidingtheclowns

Basically.

The Golden State Warriors placated the disgruntled Stephen Jackson on Monday, trading him to the Charlotte Bobcats with Acie Law in exchange for Raja Bell and Vladimir Radmanovic.

Jackson requested a trade last summer that drew a $25,000 fine from the N.B.A., the first in a series of salvos that distanced him from the organization. In the preseason, the Warriors suspended Jackson for two games, citing conduct detrimental to the team, after a verbal exchange with Warriors Coach Don Nelson. Shortly after, Jackson asked to relinquish his status as team captain. More recently, Mark Stevens, Jackson’s agent, thoroughly criticized Nelson and the organization to ESPN.

Jackson signed a three-year, $28 million contract extension with the Warriors last year. The Denver Nuggets and the Cleveland Cavaliers had also shown interest in acquiring Jackson. He is a talented swingman who averaged 20.7 points and 5.1 rebounds last season, but he has well-documented issues on and off the court. The N.B.A. suspended Jackson for 30 games in 2004-5 for his participation in the Pacers-Pistons brawl when Jackson joined Ron Artest in the stands.

The trade further alters the Warriors, who have fallen on hard times since upsetting the top-seeded Dallas Mavericks in the opening round of the 2007 playoffs. Two of the main components to that team, Jackson and Al Harrington, requested and were granted trades. The Warriors allowed another, Baron Davis, to depart via free agency.

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/16/warriors-trade-stephen-jackson-to-charlotte/

cdash
03-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Yes. Think he was demanding an extension with like 2 and a half years left on his deal.

Par for the course with SJax.

ballism
03-13-2012, 09:26 PM
did u forget to add green or r u serious? :p

hehe. is that an incredible statement? the guy was still a top 5 center last year, despite not being 100%. he's also exactly what Warriors need.
I'm not even looking for a top shape Bogut, an ok Bogut with 10 migraines a year = profit.

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Rusty Simmons ‏ @Rusty_SFChron
Lots of head shaking among Warriors players. Steph Curry just walked over to a solo Udoh and hugged him.

Hypnotiq
03-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Rusty Simmons: Monta Ellis looked as happy as he has in years while addressing the media about being traded to Milwaukee.

PacerPenguins
Rusty Simmons ‏ @Rusty_SFChron
Lots of head shaking among Warriors players. Steph Curry just walked over to a solo Udoh and hugged him.

oo how akward they play in 30 min..... wats the lineup going to be AHHHAHAHAHA

Heisenberg
Man, are the Bucks that poorly thought of among players?

pacer4ever
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
The Bucks still plan to keep Brandon Jennings, as @SpearsNBAYahoo reported yesterday. GM John Hammond made deal to pair Jennings and Ellis.

damn this should be fun to watch wonder who ask for a trade first due to not enoght touches?? They are a terrible fit on both ends on offense they are poor because they both need the ball a ton and chuck on defense they will be 10X worse than Steph and Monta this should be fun to watch.

I like GS tanking but why add Boguts bad deal(dude isnt the same after the elbow injury he is still a great defender though)?? They should of just dumped Monta Dlee or Biderians for picks.

docpaul
03-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Wow, way to make a good first impression on your new team.

This sort of comment is totally consistent with his playing style: me first.

ballism
03-13-2012, 09:30 PM

i believe he had backed down on those demands in Milwaukee. Have to wonder if he'll reopen that topic with the Warriors though. Warriors were very generous last time, so why not.

Stuckey7370
03-13-2012, 09:31 PM
oo how akward they play in 30 min..... wats the lineup going to be AHHHAHAHAHA

Hurry and go bet the farm on the Kings

Shade
03-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Horrible trade for the Dubs.

Trophy
03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
I really don't see how this helps either side. Especially the Warriors. They traded their franchise player away for 2 guys who can barely play a season.

Don't see how the Bucks got any better and I'm surprised they actually acquired Ellis.

I would've loved to have added him though.

purdue101
03-13-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm not a big fan of Monta as a SG, but the guy can flat out score - one of the best in the league. He's young and on a decent deal. I can't believe GSW gave him up, AND a top 7 pick in Udoh, AND an expiring contract in Brown only to get back a toxic player/contract in Jax and an injured center (I realize Bogut is talented when healthy, but still, he's hurt a lot).

As I said, I dislike the idea of Monta at SG, particularly with Collison, but I would have gladly given GSW a better deal than this to give Monta a whirl as our PG. DC & 1st is far better IMO. They keep Udoh and the cap space (Brown vs Jax).

graphic-er
03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
To all those saying this was a bad deal for GS, what other defensive minded big man where they going to trade for? Monta was going to walk after next year anyways. They won't rely on Bogut to score, they have Curry, Lee, and a variety of good shooters at the wing, but Bogut he is still a defensive threat.

Jackson is still a good defender as well.

MyFavMartin
03-13-2012, 09:51 PM
SJax should think "I better keep my mouth shut or I'll end up in Charlotte again."

Psyren
03-13-2012, 09:54 PM
What an awful, awful trade for both teams.

cdash
03-13-2012, 09:54 PM
I understand the thought process by Golden State. They were stuck in neutral with their current team. Monta needed a fresh start. They were just good enough to not be terrible, just bad enough to not be a real threat to make the playoffs. They wanted to change the identity of their team to a defensive minded team. Bogut starts that. He is one of the best centers in the league the handful of games a year he is healthy. They knew this season was a lost cause and they wanted to be able to keep their lottery pick in a good draft. All understandable things. I just don't think you can ever truly count on Bogut to be healthy, and Curry is trending that way too. Jackson was the price they had to pay to get Bogut. They were apparently okay with that. He's still a decent defender and can score when he's happy (which is also rare).

Kwame probably was not coming back anyways, so he's expendable. Ellis, as mentioned, needed to go. Udoh, for his draft position, is looking like a bust. He's a marginal player in the NBA. All they did there was admit they made a mistake drafting him. I seriously doubt he had any real value.

Milwaukee, to me, is more puzzling. That Ellis/Jennings backcourt will be able to score with anyone, but good luck getting those two to be anything less than a sieve defensively. I can see them fighting for shots. Now, the Bucks have a hole in the middle too, unless you are naive enough to believe Udoh can fill it. Drew Gooden is not the long term answer. Getting rid of Jax is obviously a plus, but I'm not sure what the ultimate goal of this move was.

cinotimz
03-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Milwaukee just got stronger...more potent on offense...and better defensively...especially with bogut and jackson not playing...

Bizarre backcourt...but they will be better right now...

skyfire
03-13-2012, 10:06 PM
The Warriors are going to suck for this season, but I like their team for next year much better than I like their team as it is constructed now. Let Curry and Bogut get healthy (a big if I know) and you've got a nucleus that fits together reasonably well. Monta and Curry was never going to work together.

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 10:15 PM
David Aldridge ‏ @daldridgetnt Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Trade was done tonight instead of tomorrow/Thursday in order to give GS some time to redirect Jackson if they find something suitable..

Nuntius
03-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Also, Chad Ford is bringing up a good point on Twitter: Golden State is currently slotted to pick 10th. If they pick in the top 7, they get to keep their pick. Anything lower, and the pick goes to Utah. So in essence, they are calling this a lost season and are probably going to lose enough games to keep their lottery pick, which in this draft could be huge.

This. It makes sense for them. It's obviously a tanking trade.

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Tim Kawakami ‏ @timkawakami Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
RT @gswscribe Warriors could still trade Stephen Jackson, team sources said. Fielding offers for him. Could use to get a big

Nuntius
03-13-2012, 10:28 PM

However, Bucks are into the playoff picture at the moment.

So, unless he expects them to get worse with his arrival :p

jeffg-body
03-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Nice trade for the Bucks, I am glad I am not a Warriors fan.

Nuntius
03-13-2012, 10:33 PM
GM John Hammond made deal to pair Jennings and Ellis.

Really??????? :eek:

PS: Man, I have thanked a ton of posts in this thread. Even conflicting ones :p

Nuntius
03-13-2012, 10:37 PM
To all those saying this was a bad deal for GS, what other defensive minded big man where they going to trade for? Monta was going to walk after next year anyways. They won't rely on Bogut to score, they have Curry, Lee, and a variety of good shooters at the wing, but Bogut he is still a defensive threat.

Jackson is still a good defender as well.

Both are true. Bogut is a very talented passer as well and can put points on board without a ton of touches. Bogut and Lee actually form a very formidable duo.

The thing is that none of the two is healthy. With Bogut and Curry you're just trusting your future in two players with known injury problems.

Makes sense for their tanking purposes at the moment but for the future? I don't know.

PR07
03-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Bogut hasn't been the same since that injury. I'd rather have Ellis. However, if they truly believe Bogut can come back, maybe it's worth a roll of the dice.

Shade
03-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I find it comical that Jax is going back to GS. He burned that bridge pretty good.

pacer4ever
03-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Gery Woelfel ‏ @GeryWoelfel Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Rockets had offered Scola, Dalembert and No. 1 pick plus other considerations for Bogut and Jackson.
Retweeted by John Hollinger

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Rockets had offered Scola, Dalembert and No. 1 pick plus other considerations for Bogut and Jackson.

Wow.

Nuntius
03-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Udoh, for his draft position, is looking like a bust. He's a marginal player in the NBA. All they did there was admit they made a mistake drafting him. I seriously doubt he had any real value.

He plays good this year. He seems to have untapped potential. I know for a fact that several GS fans wanted him (just read their forums, most of them are upset because they added Udoh in the deal).

I agree with the rest of your post.

rabid
03-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Im not really a Warriors fan (check my username lol), but this kinda sucks short-term for Bay Area basketball fans. Monta Ellis is definitely a local fan favorite and fun to watch. And as others have mentioned they are really gonna suck the rest of this year.

I had been thinking about going to a couple more games this year but now who knows (Oracle Arena is kind of a cruddy basketball building on top of the team woes).

Agreed that this is a "tanking" move but Bogut + Sjax = meh in terms of value. Hopefully the new ownership knows what they're doing.

Nuntius
03-13-2012, 10:42 PM

Really? I'd take this and run as fast as I could.

Heisenberg
03-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Meh, who's going to the bench between Scola and Lee? Neither's a 5.

pacer4ever
03-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Wow.

Ya John Hammond isnt very smart I would of took that deal as long as I had a deal setup to flip Scola for a expiring and a pick.

I would trade Ersan ilyasova he doesn't want to be there and is set to get paid get value. The Bucks if they did this deadline right could of had a nice rebuilding team.

90'sNBARocked
03-13-2012, 10:45 PM
son of a *****

Milwaukee is going on a roll. Skiles is a very good coach but he wears on players, like in Chicago. Ellis , Udoh, are new to him. I remember when Salmons got traded to the Bucks and they want on a run, making the playoffs and he was averaging over 20 a game

Dam, GS if you wanted Ellis gone that bad, I think we could have put an offer together.

I have no clue why they did this. Jackson will have a rebirth as the new sg, but to give up Udoh too, for a player (Bogut) who cant play an entire season healthy

I am not mad if Bird didnt mak a deal with GS, but I really hope he at least called them up.

cdash
03-13-2012, 10:46 PM

Not sure what you mean. That trade would have been between Milwaukee and Houston. Lee (assuming you mean David Lee) wouldn't have been a factor.

Heisenberg
03-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Not sure what you mean. That trade would have been between Milwaukee and Houston. Lee (assuming you mean David Lee) wouldn't have been a factor.I need to get to a meeting.

cdash
03-13-2012, 10:48 PM
I need to get to a meeting.

:laugh:

90'sNBARocked
03-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Im not really a Warriors fan (check my username lol), but this kinda sucks short-term for Bay Area basketball fans. Monta Ellis is definitely a local fan favorite and fun to watch. And as others have mentioned they are really gonna suck the rest of this year.

I had been thinking about going to a couple more games this year but now who knows (Oracle Arena is kind of a cruddy basketball building on top of the team woes).

Agreed that this is a "tanking" move but Bogut + Sjax = meh in terms of value. Hopefully the new ownership knows what they're doing.

Why was Golden State so adamant about moving him? How did most of the local sports station feel about Ellis? Really curious

travmil
03-13-2012, 10:51 PM
If they can't get a deal for SJax I'm assuming they'd bench him and try to buy him out.

Nuntius
03-13-2012, 10:52 PM

Was the rockets offer pre-trade and thus directed to Milwaukee or post-trade and thus directed to the Warriors?

wintermute
03-13-2012, 10:53 PM
I actually kind of like it for GS. Yeah, injuries are a worry. But it looks like they have a long term plan. Especially if they manage to flip SJax.

The Bucks... well, it will help them short term. Should have held out for Curry.

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 10:56 PM
@gswscribe: I'm told Dorell Wright wanted to be part of the trade, and he's NOT happy he wasn't. Certain to ask him since he said he'd talk after game.

xIndyFan
03-13-2012, 10:59 PM

this i think. bogut can play. plus he can score if he has to. international big so highly skilled. gives the warriors a big frontcourt. that will make mark happy. plus changing a small for a big is usually a good thing.

Trophy
03-13-2012, 11:04 PM

I like Monta Ellis, but if I were Milwaukee, I'd obviously make this trade.

That could've at least made them better because Jennings and Ellis aren't going to coexist well. Plus the Bucks really have nothing outside of those 2 guys who can make them good.

grace
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Has anyone brought up the most important aspect of this trade? WTH is going to happen to Squad 6? :eek:

I've always liked Bogut, but the truth is he's always hurt. As for Jackson he was actually pretty good at the beginning of the season to the point I was yelling at the TV to put him back in. Problem was he either got hurt or went of his rocker (can't remember which) and Scott told him he wasn't going to put up with his :censored: so he became trade bait.

Nuntius
03-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Has anyone brought up the most important aspect of this trade? WTH is going to happen to Squad 6? :eek:

Yeah, that's sad indeed :(

d_c
03-13-2012, 11:24 PM
This is a gamble by the Warriors on Bogut's health. He's a top level center when he's healthy, so that's the key. If Bogut was healthy and playing like he was 2 years ago before he got hurt, the Warriors would never be able to get him for Monta and Udoh.

I don't like giving up Udoh, but I do it to get this deal done. He looks to be a good role playing big. Excellent shot blocker, good kid with a good attitude and he definitely plays team ball. Only problem with him is that he's a bit mechanical offensively and one of the worst rebounding (non-perimeter) bigmen in the league.

Also something of note that hasn't been talked about enough: Monta has an opt out at the end of next year, which he is almost sure to use. Whoever has him is going to have to figure out how to pay him next summer.

If Bogut is healthy, then the Warriors got a top tier center for (a guy who should be) a good 6th man and a good role playing big. In the situation they're in, it's pretty much a gamble they HAVE to make.

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Marcus Thompson ‏ @gswscribe Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I'm told @Warriors have been after Bogut since last summer. A deal became possible about 2 weeks ago. Talks really heated up last few days

David Aldridge ‏ @daldridgetnt Close
Many have asked tonight...no chance the Bucks reroute Monta Ellis. They're keeping him.

beast23
03-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Ringa-ding-ding.

And the absolute best thing about this trade?

Maybe, just maybe, I don't have to read any more crap about a wishful trade for Ellis... at least for a few months. Please?

Sandman21
03-13-2012, 11:57 PM

RIP :D

All joking aside, I honestly actually feel kind of bad for the Squad 6ers. Hopefully another Buck will take up the banner for them.

Anthem
03-14-2012, 12:07 AM
This is bizarre. How do you turn down that Rockets trade for this?

Hicks
03-14-2012, 12:16 AM
I'd rather have Ellis than Scola.

Nuntius
03-14-2012, 12:20 AM
I'd rather have Ellis than Scola.

It's not only that though. Dalembert is almost starter quality. And a 1st round pick is arguably better and cheaper than Kwame. It's a better all-around trade.

xIndyFan
03-14-2012, 12:30 AM
. . .David Aldridge ‏ @daldridgetnt Close
Many have asked tonight...no chance the Bucks reroute Monta Ellis. They're keeping him.

that will be nice, get to see more of him during the season. never get to see the west coast guys enough.

Sandman21
03-14-2012, 12:35 AM
Evidentally, Squad 6 is dead effective immediately and S6 members are getting first dibs to buy those seats. I actually feel bad for those guys.

ndcoltsnpacers
03-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Evidentally, Squad 6 is dead effective immediately and S6 members are getting first dibs to buy those seats. I actually feel bad for those guys.

That sucks balls. I think Area 55ers should probably be holding their breath for the slight possibility that Lou has now made Roy expendable. Yes I'm only kidding.

d_c
03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
This is bizarre. How do you turn down that Rockets trade for this?

I think they're roughly equal in value, with the Warriors giving up a package with younger guys.

d_c
03-14-2012, 03:03 AM

Biggest thing the new Warriors ownership had to get over was being afraid of trading fan favorite Monta and building something that actually resembled a real basketball team.

The EASY thing to do for the ownership would have been to keep raking in the dough by just entertaining easily amused fans with 35 win seasons and Monta Ellis as their franchise player. That's the easy way out. At worst, that's what the Warriors ownership is risking throwing away.

Personally, I'm glad (and relieved) that they actually have aspirations of doing better than that. Sticking with Monta Ellis as your franchise player because you're scared your easily amused fans won't go to games for the rest of a meaningless season is a loser mentality, one I'm glad they lost.

cinotimz
03-14-2012, 03:23 AM
Biggest thing the new Warriors ownership had to get over was being afraid of trading fan favorite Monta and building something that actually resembled a real basketball team.

The EASY thing to do for the ownership would have been to keep raking in the dough by just entertaining easily amused fans with 35 win seasons and Monta Ellis as their franchise player. That's the easy way out. At worst, that's what the Warriors ownership is risking throwing away.

Personally, I'm glad (and relieved) that they actually have aspirations of doing better than that. Sticking with Monta Ellis as your franchise player because you're scared your easily amused fans won't go to games for the rest of a meaningless season is a loser mentality, one I'm glad they lost.

Granted 35 win seasons may not be any fun with Ellis as your franchise player. But whose the franchise player now? Congratulations on ownership not being afraid to make a move, though when I think of Golden State i dont really think of a team constantly standing pat...quite the opposite actually. But making the wrong move, if theyre not careful, could result in 20 win seasons with David Lee as your franchise player. Im not sure how entertaining that will be...even to easily entertained fans.

d_c
03-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Granted 35 win seasons may not be any fun with Ellis as your franchise player. But whose the franchise player now? Congratulations on ownership not being afraid to make a move, though when I think of Golden State i dont really think of a team constantly standing pat...quite the opposite actually. But making the wrong move, if theyre not careful, could result in 20 win seasons with David Lee as your franchise player. Im not sure how entertaining that will be...even to easily entertained fans.

In the NBA:
20 win seasons > 35 win seasons

If 35 win seasons were better, the Warriors would have a better team right now than the Clips, T-Wolves and Thunder.

35 win seasons in the NBA = a better chance of 35 win seasons in subsequent years.

The Warriors were stuck in the worst kind of purgatory, and Monta was one of the prime guys keeping them there. I didn't even like the David Lee trade, but a healthy Bogut actually makes that move make sense.

Hoop
03-14-2012, 03:11 PM
The Bucks new back court duo: Chuck & Duck

Day-V
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM

Actually, their twitter page is making it appear as if they're staying for the season. SquadSix will be there on behalf of the 6th Man.

Clever.

Doddage
03-14-2012, 03:23 PM
It's not only that though. Dalembert is almost starter quality. And a 1st round pick is arguably better and cheaper than Kwame. It's a better all-around trade.
Yeah, think of it as the Bucks getting a new frontcourt of Scola and Dalembert. Both of those guys are more legit starters at PF and C than anyone else the Bucks have at those positions (besides maybe Ilyasova). With Bogut gone, they have no legit centers. This would have at least given them something to work with for now. Then they also get the 1st rounder which they can use to add another young piece to their team.

The Bucks would have made the playoffs if they traded with Houston. Instead they're now probably going to be a late lotto team.

Sandman21
03-14-2012, 03:23 PM
But its sounding like they will still have to pay for the seats...

Plus they need to update their Facebook top photo. What the hell is that guy in the Kobe jersey doing in their front row?

Infinite MAN_force
03-14-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't think a team with Ellis as their best player is going anywhere. I like this trade for Golden State. Andrew Bogut is the best player in this trade, and they say you win a trade by getting the best player, no?

He may have been injured, but if you throw in the fact that in the short term this helps them tank to keep their pick, it sets them up well for the future. They could potentially be building around a core of Curry, Bogut, Lee, and a top 7 pick in a strong draft.

Curry and Bogut have had injury concerns, but this trade is worth the risk. That team was going nowhere as currently constructed. Having a center that impacts the game on both sides of the court is a HUGE deal in terms of wins/losses. Its why I've always been a big time Hibbert supporter.

For the Bucks? A backcourt of Ellis and Jennings is going to be HILARIOUS to watch. Thats a terrible pairing of undersized chuckers, and the team has NO TALENT outside of them. Plus Monta is soon to be seeking a massive pay day. I hate this trade for the Bucks. I don't think Udoh is much more than a role player, their roster makes no sense to me.

ndcoltsnpacers
03-14-2012, 03:46 PM

Plus they need to update their Facebook top photo. What the hell is that guy in the Kobe jersey doing in their front row?

That doesn't really make sense though. The season tickets were bought out at the beginning of the season, by Bogut as the story goes. The Bucks surely wouldn't just return his money for unused tickets, right?

Day-V
03-14-2012, 04:00 PM
I haven't read anything in regards to them paying for their seats.

Sandman21
03-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I haven't read anything in regards to them paying for their seats.

Someone on Twitter said a Milwaukee station reported them having to pay for their seats, but they said that Squad 6 was officially dead too, so take it with a bit of a grain of salt?

grace
03-14-2012, 07:04 PM

https://www.facebook.com/squad6

We would like to thank Andrew Bogut (https://www.facebook.com/andrewmbogut) for his generosity and dedication to making the Bradley Center a lively environment and rewarding the most dedicated Bucks fans. For that we are ever grateful.

Squad 6 will remain the voice of the 6th man, the fans and the voice of Milwaukee. We look forward to seeing all of the Squad members at tonight’s game and at games throughout the rest of the season.

Go Bucks Go!!!

That was posted six hours ago. As for the picture the guy with the Kobe jersey is two rows in front of the front row of Squad 6.

CJ Jones
03-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Ringa-ding-ding.

And the absolute best thing about this trade?

Maybe, just maybe, I don't have to read any more crap about a wishful trade for Ellis... at least for a few months. Please?

Why's it crap? Because you disagree with it?

That's the problem here. You got an idea that goes against the PD grain it's labeled as crap. Some people think they know it all... :rolleyes:

RLeWorm
03-14-2012, 10:03 PM

no u just hate on Ellis. If Ellis were to be traded for Aj price im pretty sure u would say this would of been a bad trade for us. Monta is a scoring machine!!!! avg around 25 ppg!!!!!

Nuntius
03-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Andrew Bogut is the best player in this trade, and they say you win a trade by getting the best player, no?

I think that the Melo trade proved that wrong :p

Sandman21
03-14-2012, 10:13 PM
That was posted six hours ago. As for the picture the guy with the Kobe jersey is two rows in front of the front row of Squad 6.

Then crop him out. I'm no Photoshop guru, but even I know you shouldn't get a picture of a guy in a Kobe jersey standing in front of Squad Six!:laugh:

Nuntius
03-14-2012, 10:17 PM
no u just hate on Ellis. If Ellis were to be traded for Aj price im pretty sure u would say this would of been a bad trade for us. Monta is a scoring machine!!!! avg around 25 ppg!!!!!

No. I don't hate on Ellis. It's true that I'm not a fan of his playing style but that does not mean that I hate him in any way or fashion.

If I hated on Ellis I'd say that Scola was better. It would have been easy as I like Scola a lot as a player. However, I didn't.

So, your accusation is simply untrue.

Monta is indeed a scoring machine. There's no denying that.

The only problem I have with Monta is that his usage rate is way higher than it should have been. He is tied in the 7th place with Kevin Durant. Do you believe that he is as good as him?

There's a reason for his usage rate, though. GSW has been a pretty poor team and it made enough sense for him to take all the touches that he did.

RLeWorm
03-14-2012, 10:25 PM
No. I don't hate on Ellis. It's true that I'm not a fan of his playing style but that does not mean that I hate him in any way or fashion.

If I hated on Ellis I'd say that Scola was better. It would have been easy as I like Scola a lot as a player. However, I didn't.

So, your accusation is simply untrue.

Monta is indeed a scoring machine. There's no denying that.

The only problem I have with Monta is that his usage rate is way higher than it should have been. He is tied in the 7th place with Kevin Durant. Do you believe that he is as good as him?

There's a reason for his usage rate, though. GSW has been a pretty poor team and it made enough sense for him to take all the touches that he did.

once again, u are just a Monta Ellis hater!

Nuntius
03-14-2012, 10:34 PM
once again, u are just a Monta Ellis hater!

Explain why.

xIndyFan
03-14-2012, 10:52 PM

good example of every rule having an exception. :laugh:

but as a general rule, the team that ends up with the best player wins the trade, n'est pas?

Nuntius
03-14-2012, 11:01 PM
but as a general rule, the team that ends up with the best player wins the trade, n'est pas?

The team that ends up with the package of players wins the trade, imo.

Then this package has to fit as well. Gooden, Ilyasova and Leuer are not Centers. They play out of position. Dalembert is a Center. And a solid one as well. Starter quality.

Monta is similar to Jennings. I doubt that they will mesh well together.

So, yeah the GS trade had the better player. But the Houston trade had the better package and the better fit to boot.

pacer4ever
03-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Larry Riley in his presser really impressed me. He said he was sick of being stuck in between bad and good. I like his style tank this season and if Bougt and Curry are healthy next season they could be a nice core with whoever they draft.

Also said they are going to use the rest of the season to evaluate young talent on their team. They said they were going to send them to the Dleague before the trade but now will see how their young players do at the NBA level. I think that is the right way to rebuild but the need to hit on their draft pick.

d_c
03-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Larry Riley in his presser really impressed me.

That might be the first time he's impressed anyone, LOL.

Seriously, I don't know how Riley is still with the team. He was Nellie's lackey and somehow the lone holdover from the previous ownership era. Maybe he's a good politician and knows how to play to peoples' good sides. Regardless, I don't think he really has as much sway in the organization as his job title might suggest.

pacer4ever
03-15-2012, 12:18 AM
That might be the first time he's impressed anyone, LOL.

Seriously, I don't know how Riley is still with the team. He was Nellie's lackey and somehow the lone holdover from the previous ownership era. Maybe he's a good politician and knows how to play to peoples' good sides. Regardless, I don't think he really has as much sway in the organization as his job title might suggest.

LOL yes the history is bad but make no mistake when Nellie was there he was making the majority of personal decisions. I just like the approach he said he is taking. It may fail but I agree with tanking if you arent going to win the Warriors have been mediocre for so long.

But a Dlee Bogut front court is scary very good offensively passing the ball and Bogut is a elite defender.

d_c
03-15-2012, 12:30 AM
LOL yes the history is bad but make no mistake when Nellie was there he was making the majority of personal decisions. I just like the approach he said he is taking. It may fail but I agree with tanking if you arent going to win the Warriors have been mediocre for so long.

But a Dlee Bogut front court is scary very good offensively passing the ball and Bogut is a elite defender.

Yeah, I agree that's the type of stuff a lot of Warrior fans want to hear. More than that, this is the type of trade they needed. They needed to move on from the Monta Ellis era in the worst way. A lot of fans would cling on to Monta because he was fun to watch, but the ownership had to see past that for the betterment of the team, and they clearly did.

It's just a trade that makes a lot of sense for the Warriors, one they had to make. Heck, they pretty much HAD to trade him by default to get something of value in return because he's going to opt out next summer. Let someone else be stuck with the dilemma of how much to pay him on his next contract and what other guard they can actually pair him with.

I was never a fan of the David Lee trade, but putting Bogut next to him makes it easier to swallow. Still not a huge fan of it, but Bogut makes the Lee acquisition look like it has some logic to it.

Dgreenwell3
03-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Is Ellis jennings now the smallest back court of two guards in NBA history?

Nuntius
03-15-2012, 10:02 AM

Actually, Nate Robinson / Monta Ellis which was the case earlier this season was smaller ;)

Dgreenwell3
03-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Actually, Nate Robinson / Monta Ellis which was the case earlier this season was smaller ;)

Another question...of the good backcourts is there one that will be worse defensively than this one?

Nuntius
03-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Another question...of the good backcourts is there one that will be worse defensively than this one?

I have no idea. Hey, at least the Bucks have so many forwards that can deploy half of them to guard the perimeter and the rest to protect the rim.

Although, I don't believe that Monta will play with Brandon a lot. I sense that this trade means that Beno gets more minutes.

pacer4ever
03-15-2012, 10:39 AM

No not even the smallest in Bucks history Earl Boykins and Jennings played together some when Boykins was there.

I would say Muggsy Bogues and whoever he played with would be the smallest.

Dgreenwell3
03-15-2012, 01:46 PM
No not even the smallest in Bucks history Earl Boykins and Jennings played together some when Boykins was there.

I would say Muggsy Bogues and whoever he played with would be the smallest.

I was mostly kidding guys lol...Paul is going to have his way with them I get the feeling.

Infinite MAN_force
03-16-2012, 12:02 AM

That may be true, but Monta is the "Melo" of this trade in terms of impact. The poor man's version too.

Nuntius
03-16-2012, 10:22 PM
That may be true, but Monta is the "Melo" of this trade in terms of impact. The poor man's version too.

True but they weren't gutted to get him.