PDA

View Full Version : So Dale and Cliffy are available?

Anthem
11-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Here's a question, then.

Once Jeff and Reggie come back, would you trade Freddy / Croshere / Pollard for Dale & Cliffy?

Cro -> Dale and Pollard -> Cliffy are both upgrades, in my mind. Plus, their contracts are up at the end of the year, which (along with Reggie) would free up some much-needed cap space.

Freddy is playing great, and I love the kid. And once Reg retires freddy'd be a great backup SG (he'd be a great one before then as well, but if you believe they'll move Reg to 3rd string you've got rocks in your head). But he could be valuable enough to make this thing happen. Expiring contracts are gold, and when those two guys can help you compete, it's even better.

We'd need a backup shooting guard once Reg retires (unless J.Jones can do it), but I think in the short term that's a good deal all around.

Would you do it? What if Golden State included a pick?

ChicagoJ
11-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Why would GS do that? - Give up expiring contracts for bad, long-term contracts for Croshere, Pollard and a guy that probably couldn't start there, either?

We'd have to be the ones adding a few draft picks, I think.

I'd rather wait until DD is out from under that awful contract.

I'm pretty sure, since GS can't get under the cap by just allowing those contracts to expire, that they're looking for quality in return. I don't think anybody would confuse Fred + AC + Pollard with quality.

Kegboy
11-15-2004, 02:04 PM
Jay's right. We've got no chance making a deal with GS, but it'd sure be nice if we could get one of them on the FA market next year.
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

Anthem
11-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Yeah, they're loaded at the two. But I still can't figure out what they're doing with that team. The moves just don't make sense to me.