PDA

View Full Version : Quick observations on other NBA teams

Unclebuck
11-14-2004, 11:21 PM
We are two weeks into the season now and while November really does not tell us much about who will be good in May, I have seen many teams play this season.

Denver Nuggets - It is hard to believe now that Mello and Lebron were compared to each other. I dare say that the Nuggets wish they had Wade right now as Mello is really getting a bad reputation around the NBA with his selfish and lazy play. Something is really wrong in Denver

Magic - Saw them for the first time today against the Sixers and I must say I was not really impressed. Grant Hill does not have any of his explosion he used to have. But Dwight Howard is going to be a special player. Right now he plays like a 5 year veteran. I see them as a 38 - 40 win team, which is a great improvement.,

Cavs - If they still had Boozer they would be a real force in the east. Z and Lebron are playing great. But I think Gooden is just a horrible player, but the cavs could easily be the 4th best team in the east.

Pistons - No one has mentioned the Pacers - Pistons game this Friday, should be fun. They miss Ben and LB, but we knew that. I wonder if they miss Corliss?

Heat - Wade is a superstar. He and Lebron are the "future of the NBA, not Lebron and Mello. Shaq is not nearly as dominate right now. As we all new they lack depth and when they have played good teams they have been beaten badly.

Knicks - Worst coached team I have seen this season. No direction, and a very odd collection of somewhat talented players.

Hawks - Just a bad team

T-Wolves - I guess they are the second best team in the west, but they might be the most talented team in the NBA, but something is just not quite right with this team.

Bucks - Look to be overachieving again. Terry Porter is an excllent coach. Watch out for their point guard. Mo Williams

Sixers - Interesting team.

Hornets - Winless. What is Tim Floyd coaching them again, I thought he was fired. I have not seen them play.

Jazz - How good are they. Could they be the 3rd best team in the west. Maybe. Sloan might be the best coach in the NBA.

That is enough for now.

ChicagoJ
11-14-2004, 11:24 PM
I've watched bits and pieces of the Spurs, I just wanted to add that Ginobolli and Brent Barry are *my kind of players*.

Complete, fundamental, solid, making plays, handling the ball, shooting the rock, underrated on defense.

Of course, Duncan makes everyone look better, but I enjoy watching the Spurs backcourt play ball.

sweabs
11-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Sonics - I don't know how they do it. Ray Allen has the nicest shot in the league. How are they beating teams like the Spurs and Grizzlies with no big men?!? The crowd is pretty good over there in Seattle.

canyoufeelit
11-15-2004, 12:18 AM
Spurs - everybody knows they will be a good defensive team, but when Barry and Ginobili are on the floor at the same time, their offense is unbelievable. I have not seen passing like that this side of the 86 Celtics

Magic - 5th seed. Hill still has a pretty sweet jumper and when Cato and Mobley are back they have a great starting 5.

Sixers - why doesn't anyone guard Kyle Korver? They will upset someone in the playoffs because Obie is a great coach at getting lesser talented teams to overachieve

Unclebuck
11-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Korver is tough to guard because he shoots it so quick,

Charcoal Filtered
11-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Liked the Tim Floyd comment. I hear Byron Scott is asking to be traded.