PDA

View Full Version : What are we going to do with Hibbert?

Shade
03-11-2012, 11:09 PM
He's in his annual funk again, making his market value a bit difficult to determine. Before his slide, I think he would have gotten a max deal from the Pacers, or very close to it. However, he's not currently playing anything like a max-level player, but that doesn't mean some other team won't offer him it.

Do we take a chance and hope that nobody else will overpay to get Roy? Do we decide to overpay (if necessary) to keep him ourselves? Or do we trade him/let him walk?

Hicks
03-11-2012, 11:14 PM
You let his play help determine the market price this summer, then you re-sign him.

If he's never more consistent, he'd still be a valuable piece to have, even if you could acquire a veteran player to start over him (as awkward as that might sound right now, we almost did this last summer by trying to get Nene AND West; Nene would have certainly started at the 5 IMO).

Or he still grows and this stops becoming an annual concern (very possible).

vnzla81
03-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Keep him and pay him, I don't see any other option, Larry is not going to trade him either.

joew8302
03-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Decent centers are a rare commodity. Hibberts ups and downs are VERY frustrating, but really, are there 6 or 7 better centers in the league? And how many truly consistent guys are there at the position?

I say as frustrating as he is at times we pay him the money and hope his play becomes more consistent.

xBulletproof
03-11-2012, 11:16 PM
If this thing lasts the rest of the year, hell no you don't pay it.

I still want him on this team, but man if he plays like this the rest of the year you really have to question how much money you're willing to sink into him. If he quickly turns it around and plays like he did in the first half then you're back to sure enough.

I will say I'm just now starting to be a little concerned about it though. Against Dwight I expect it, but some of these other teams I have no excuse. Not looking good.

Aw Heck
03-11-2012, 11:16 PM
If someone offers him the max, you let him walk. Then laugh later as they try to unload his albatross of a contract.

$14 million is my absolute ceiling for him, though I'd definitely like him for less.

Noodle
03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Let him walk, unless you can sign and trade him for a big man who can move his feet and hold his own. Or, trade him in the next three days. I know there are som Area 55 guys who would be sad about that, but I have never like him that much. Nobody has to tell me I'm in the minority here. I wish we had pulled off a Hibbert for Gasol trade. He kills the offense and constantly gets exposed by teams that can set screens. I like Hibbert the person, but have never been a fan of the ball player. I was more stunned than anyone he actually was voted an all-star.

Ultimately, I like most of you have no idea what to do about him. My logical side tells me that it is hard to find NBA centers, so sometimes I think we might be forced to settle for a B-list center like Roy. I would like to have a B-lister that can move better. I cringe at the tought of how much he might get resigned for......

xIndyFan
03-11-2012, 11:22 PM
the first thing to do with roy is start playing him less minutes. see if that works. roy has been playing lots of mpg's. it seems to me that he starts leaking oil if he has to play more than 30 mpg.

ECKrueger
03-11-2012, 11:25 PM
I definitely would like to see him get a few less minutes and see if it helps, otherwise this is just frustrating as heck.

MrHale
03-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Hibbert just fades when we face a good team

KingGeorge
03-11-2012, 11:36 PM
You keep him no matter what. If you are going to overpay for anyone in this league, it is a 7'2 scoring center.

2minutes twoa
03-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Marc Gasol got an average of 14.5 per year. If Roy doesn't vastly improve, you have to consider letting him walk if it's over 12 per year IMO.

Really?
03-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah hopefully we can sign him for cheap, he is really a shame. 1 rebound by halftime, I believe, I do not care if you are facing ORL, if you are a allstar you should perform better than that.

diamonddave00
03-11-2012, 11:43 PM
10-12 max for Roy, sorry I don't see him worth more than that.

Jrod Jones
03-11-2012, 11:47 PM
I agree 10-13 range is where I see him value wise. I think everyone needs to just give him some time. In a game or two he will be back as valuable as ever and this little stretch will be a distant memory

PacerPride33
03-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Roy's value is probably the highest it will ever be right now. As much a's I live Roy and his allegiance to Indy, I'm looking at possible trade options for him this week (rondo). Then go out and trade for kaman who I would say is a more consistent center than Roy and could be an all star in the east

Bball
03-12-2012, 12:08 AM
You keep him no matter what. If you are going to overpay for anyone in this league, it is a 7'2 scoring center.

Too bad that's not what he is currently.

TheDavisBrothers
03-12-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't think a team is gonna offer him the max considering his inconsistancy, I expect to resign him for about 12-13 mil

Bball
03-12-2012, 12:16 AM
If Roy doesn't get back on track quickly then there FO has a real decision to make. No way does he deserve 'all-star' money.... and right now you need to start rethinking exactly what role he needs to be on the team, if on the team at all. IOW... is he even a starter going forward into the future.

The team absolutely cannot have these swoons. An off game here or there, a player that he just can't handle or two... sure. But not a date on the calendar where his game just goes to crap for long stretches. IMHO it is one of the reasons the Pacers are so plagued with losing their mojo (and games) now. Early in the season the team had a guy they could go to and trust to make a play. And with Hibbert on it would help the other players. But with Hibbert off there's a hitch in the plan... and the play.... And it just keeps swirling the drain with him just continuing to be in a funk.

You can't have that as a team.

IndyJones
03-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Trade him now while he still has perceived trade value.

Look I love Roy, and the saying is you never give up on a decent center. However he can't even dominate crappy centers or power forwards on a consistent basis. When he is in his funk which is the majority of the time it seems I don't even see much of a drop off when Lou is in.

Pingu
03-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Roy's problem is something of a catch-22. He's a good scorer when he gets the ball close to the basket, but he's too light to get close to the basket, and stay there till he receives the ball, when playing against physical centers.

Unfortunately, I don't think that this is ever going to change, so I'm not sure what to do with him. At this point I don't think he deserves more money than David West.

Pacerized
03-12-2012, 12:32 AM
I think Larry sticks to his plan. Go after an impact free agent first while he has the advantage of Hibberts low cap hold. If after that Hibbert hasn't had another offer then give him a fair offer in the range of Grangers contract starting out at around 12 mil., even as inconsistant as he's been he'll be worth that in hopes that he'll continue to improve. If another team puts an offer up first then match it, but I don't think it will be much more then that and the raises won't be as much. Hibbert has currently played himself out of a max contract if he was ever really there. He still has time to increase his value but I really don't think he'll get an offer that's so high the Pacers wouldn't match.
No one needs to panic if Hibbert gets that offer, it's not a big deal and may actually save the team money.

Hill is in a similar position, if he really thought he'd get an offer in the 7 mil range, his injuries have hurt that chance. IMO he was never going to get anything more then an MLE offer from another team which we can match. Again it's no big deal for these guys to get the offers when we have the ability and salary space to match them.

Trader Joe
03-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Not to be a stickler, but Roy's been in his annual funk since about two weeks before the all star break. You can call it an annual funk if you like, but at this point, I'm just gonna call it, Roy Hibbert.

He has really high highs and really low lows, it's just the type of player he is.

LA_Confidential
03-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Bird will extend Roy and you WILL like it:stewie:

presto123
03-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Hibbert to Boston...Rondo to LA.....Pau Gasol to Indiana?

Lance George
03-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Hibbert to Boston...Rondo to <s>LA.....Pau Gasol to</s> Indiana?

That's better.

Hoop
03-12-2012, 02:04 AM
I hate that it's pile on Roy day, really I do, I want him to succeed but...

The dude falls down more than any big guy I've ever seen. He falls down after he blocks a shot half the time. A lot of the time when he falls down it just seems, I don't know how to describe it, just seems weird.
Anyone see this? or is just me? :D :whoknows:

yoadknux
03-12-2012, 02:08 AM
We don't let him walk at all. If he takes a $10-12m contract then sign him. If more then that S&T him somewhere. Giving Hibbert a contract that starts around the $13-14m could turn out to be a huge mistake with his inconsistency.

rock747
03-12-2012, 02:13 AM
I don't really think its him not showing up against good teams. Earlier in the season he was. I think he just gets into a mental funk; gets discouraged and lets it affect his play. I don't think I have ever seen a player that can reach drastic high and lows in one season like Hibbert can. He's kind of a microcosm of the team.

Bball
03-12-2012, 02:25 AM
He's kind of a microcosm of the team.

That's kind of my point except that I believe he is the team's main cog... As Roy goes so goes the Pacers.

rock747
03-12-2012, 02:34 AM
That's kind of my point except that I believe he is the team's main cog... As Roy goes so goes the Pacers.

So what causes his funk? Mental? Teams figuring out how to play him? Fatigue? All the above? It seems as though the team has lost trust in him. Granger will take the three rather than throw it in the post. Whereas before they would look to dump it to him.

He also doesn't seem to be able to get positioning anymore. Howard was just out muscling him to death tonight.

Bball
03-12-2012, 02:55 AM
So what causes his funk? Mental? Teams figuring out how to play him? Fatigue? All the above? It seems as though the team has lost trust in him. Granger will take the three rather than throw it in the post. Whereas before they would look to dump it to him.

He also doesn't seem to be able to get positioning anymore. Howard was just out muscling him to death tonight.

Whoever figures it out should be able to get on the payroll.

I'm wondering if the team should've managed his minutes better and he's just not suited for the minutes we've fed him. Maybe fatigue, mental and/or physical is at least a partial factor. Maybe not having Foster has forced Roy into more minutes than the FO planned.

Teams, of course, have an idea how to play him now but you'd think he could adjust or the team could adjust. Not sure if that is on coaching or the player... or the teammates.

Whatever the case I believe Roy's annual swoon is a major factor in the team's slippage. His early season play was the foundation and we could build on it... now... like you say we have players taking shots when before they'd look to Roy first. But you can't blame them for no longer trusting Hibbert. Maybe we need a consistent 3 point shooter to open things up. Our guys are too streaky currently.

Eleazar
03-12-2012, 03:02 AM
Considering the timing I think fatigue is the biggest factor. It always seems to be about a month after the season starts that he begins to struggle.

Bball
03-12-2012, 03:09 AM
Was it Hibbert that had some medical issue the team physicians (or some medical personnel) figured out and adjusted his medicine, or diet, or routine that supposedly 'fixed' a problem with fatigue?

If so, maybe it isn't quite as 'fixed' as thought.

Although I could be confusing Hibbert with another player.

Eleazar
03-12-2012, 04:06 AM
Was it Hibbert that had some medical issue the team physicians (or some medical personnel) figured out and adjusted his medicine, or diet, or routine that supposedly 'fixed' a problem with fatigue?

If so, maybe it isn't quite as 'fixed' as thought.

Although I could be confusing Hibbert with another player.

He has asthma, which is probably the pink elephant in the room.

wintermute
03-12-2012, 07:53 AM

Yup.

We don't let him walk at all. If he takes a $10-12m contract then sign him. If more then that S&T him somewhere. Giving Hibbert a contract that starts around the $13-14m could turn out to be a huge mistake with his inconsistency.

But who do you replace him with? What reasonable starter is obtainable at $10-12m, and do you think the other team will give that guy up for Hibbert?

You pay market rate to keep Hibbert, I don't see a way around it. Otherwise, you'll be giving $10-12m to someone like Kaman in FA anyway.

Dgreenwell3
03-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Just so people know, Chris kaman is just an older hibbert...

Alabama-Redneck
03-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Teams, of course, have an idea how to play him now but you'd think he could adjust or the team could adjust. Not sure if that is on coaching or the player... or the teammates.

Maybe we need a consistent 3 point shooter to open things up. Our guys are too streaky currently.

Teams are double and triple teaming him now and without outside shooting, it will continue. They just sag into the middle making in very difficult to get him the ball or drive the lane.

I'm not asking for the JOB system but at least the threat of outside shooting would help.

:cool:

bphil
03-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Gotta keep big Roy. Keep in mind that he's still relatively young for a center... he'll get there.

Pacerized
03-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Yup.

But who do you replace him with? What reasonable starter is obtainable at $10-12m, and do you think the other team will give that guy up for Hibbert?

You pay market rate to keep Hibbert, I don't see a way around it. Otherwise, you'll be giving $10-12m to someone like Kaman in FA anyway.

Since Kaman's returned and been given starters minutes, he's played better then Roy. He won't get the contract that Roy will next summer and I want both on the team. However, I'd rather pay Kaman 10 mil then pay Roy the max. I see Roy getting 12 mil, and Kaman 10.
If we absolutely had to lose Roy, I would be happy with Kaman at center.

Pingu
03-12-2012, 11:16 AM
He has asthma, which is probably the pink elephant in the room.

Have you been hanging out with Brandon Rush? :laugh: I think the expression is "The elephant in the room."

MTM
03-12-2012, 11:29 AM
If Hibbert could be a piece (along with probably a 1st and/or Hansbrough) to land a top flight point guard and we could rent Kaman (with the hope of re-signing), that would be my approach to this trade deadline.

graphic-er
03-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Sign and trade to Phoenix for Gortat.

Noodle
03-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Have you been hanging out with Brandon Rush? :laugh: I think the expression is "The elephant in the room."

FIAL :devil:

ksuttonjr76
03-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Roy Hibbert is an enimga on this team. I would keep him, because quality centers with shot blocking capabilities are are rare. Roy is a quality center, he's just too many dry spells moments for too long. Plus, I just don't see us getting a better center without gutting our team to some degree.

IMHO, I would pay him $12MIL tops.

Justin Tyme
03-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Too bad that's not what he is currently.

Your retort was less damning than what I was going to say, so I'll just go with yours.

bballpacen
03-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I think that he should be suspended from posting for a month or so...

Justin Tyme
03-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Considering the timing I think fatigue is the biggest factor. It always seems to be about a month after the season starts that he begins to struggle.

Then why over pay him to fade?

No one has mentioned Gortat. I'd rather have him AND HIS CONTRACT at 6.8 mil than Hibbert. "If Hibbert continues his poor play the rest of the season", he isn't worth much more than 7-8 mil a year, and that's high for a b/u center or a center you can't count on due to his fading every year.

Gortat 16/10.6

Hibbert 12.8/9

If there was a way to trade Hibbert plus whatever reasonable for Gortat, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dgreenwell3
03-12-2012, 05:13 PM

No one has mentioned Gortat. I'd rather have him AND HIS CONTRACT at 6.8 mil than Hibbert. "If Hibbert continues his poor play the rest of the season", he isn't worth much more than 7-8 mil a year, and that's high for a b/u center or a center you can't count on due to his fading every year.

Gortat 16/10.6

Hibbert 12.8/9

If there was a way to trade Hibbert plus whatever reasonable for Gortat, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Gortat has Steve "I make every big that plays with me so much better than they are" Nash

Hoop
03-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Gortat has Steve "I make every big that plays with me so much better than they are" NashNash may get him a basket or 2 a game, but he doesn't help him play D or rebound.

The Polish Hammer does not curl up in a fetal position when the going gets tough, he actually is a smash mouth player.

Peck
03-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Gortat has Steve "I make every big that plays with me so much better than they are" Nash

True but Gortat is good no matter what the point guard is. Not saying that he isn't also being elevated but Gortat is no scrub without him.

Gamble1
03-12-2012, 05:54 PM

Gortat 16/10.6

Hibbert 12.8/9

Gortat would be great but they won't trade him unless you take back a terrible long term contract which nullifies his contract value. Childress is the guy I am thinking of but I agree. Right now I would take Gortat over Hibbert.

CableKC
03-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Gortat would be great but they won't trade him unless you take back a terrible long term contract which nullifies his contract value. Childress is the guy I am thinking of but I agree. Right now I would take Gortat over Hibbert.
If the Pacers had the option to take back any of their long-term contracts...I'd take back Jared Dudley Despite it being WAY longer ( $4.25 mil PER Year until the 2014-2015 season ) but is paid less overall ( $6.5 to $7.3 mil per year until the 2013-2014 season ).......he's a way better "jack of all trades" than Childress is. On top of that...he's younger and will still be in his prime when his contract is up.

D-BONE
03-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I'd look to trade Roy if we can swing a difference maker - Rondo, Gasol, Gortat. Apologies but I just don't think we can expect more out of Roy than borderline starter/glorified backup. We know he'll likely never be able to play significant minutes or be very consistent.

EDIT: Of course, I don't know if any of those guys are realistic for him.

Justin Tyme
03-12-2012, 09:02 PM
If the Pacers had the option to take back any of their long-term contracts...I'd take back Jared Dudley Despite it being WAY longer ( $4.25 mil PER Year until the 2014-2015 season ) but is paid less overall ( $6.5 to $7.3 mil per year until the 2013-2014 season ).......he's a way better "jack of all trades" than Childress is. On top of that...he's younger and will still be in his prime when his contract is up.

Dudley is a starter, Childress is a mistake. I'd have to believe to get Gortat you'd have to take Childress off their hands.

BlueNGold
03-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Roy is incredibly frustrating at the moment. It seems to me that he's not far from being a dominant C, but it's hard to say if he will actually get there. Mind boggling.

Anyway, for someone his size and potential...a guy only 25 years old and clearly still growing into his body...he'd have to get at least 12M/yr. But signing that deal is not going to be that easy. We don't know if he'll be any better in 5 years than he is right now...and that wouldn't be nearly good enough.

graphic-er
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Dudley is a starter, Childress is a mistake. I'd have to believe to get Gortat you'd have to take Childress off their hands.

As I have been touting for about 2 weeks now. Gortat is exactly the type of player the Pacers need. No more bogging the offense down trying to feed the low post.

The suns have to realize that Nash is going to bolt in FA, he is just being respectful.

DC+Hibbert+1st for Nash + Gortat + 2nd.

Suns get to rebuild, and Pacers get a stop gap at Point and one of the best centers in the game.

ECKrueger
03-12-2012, 10:51 PM
As I have been touting for about 2 weeks now. Gortat is exactly the type of player the Pacers need. No more bogging the offense down trying to feed the low post.

The suns have to realize that Nash is going to bolt in FA, he is just being respectful.

Suns get to rebuild, and Pacers get a stop gap at Point and one of the best centers in the game.

Sad as I would be, I think I would have to do that.

speakout4
03-12-2012, 11:10 PM
It's not just a funk but his skills don't match up against certain athletic or stronger players who have even lesser skills. His balance always seems to be problematical in that he is easily pushed around.

He is a great shot blocker but for some reason can't jump to pull down rebounds.

Roy is not a max player but perhaps a 9-10 M guy. to gauge his value we need to know what teams are offering for him.

This team will live and die on the backs of DG and PG for the next few years

vnzla81
03-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Ok so I came up with a trade that could help NO and Indiana:

NO gets: Roy Hibbert+ DC+Tyler+picks

Indiana gets: Okafor+ Jack+ EJ.

Pacers starting unit: JJ,PG,DG,West,Okafor

Second unit: DC,EJ,Hill,Lou,Pen. Who says no to this trade?

OakMoses
03-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Here's the problem as I see it: Hibbert has done absolutely nothing so far to show the team that he can be trusted to perform for an entire season. Therefore, if you're going to move forward with him as your center you've got to invest heavily in a backup who can pick up the slack whenever Roy goes into one of his funks. Think of a scenario like the Pacers had when Foster was in his prime. That's going to be an expensive proposition. If we wind up paying $5mm a year for a good backup, and $11mm for Hibbert, that's $16mm a yearjust to ensure that our C play remains slightly above average. It almost seems like you'd have been better off paying Nene or Gasol.

Personally, I hope Roy is moved in a trade before Bird has to make any tough financial decisions about him.

PGisthefuture
03-12-2012, 11:36 PM

Eric Gordon says no to sitting on the bench.

ECKrueger
03-12-2012, 11:37 PM

Uh, no thanks. EJ hurt, Oak is hurt and expensive as heck, and Jack, although I love him, isn't that great.

vnzla81
03-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Eric Gordon says no to sitting on the bench.

He could be our Harden I think.

Kemo
03-12-2012, 11:58 PM
It disgusts me to see all the people here on PD do a 180 on Roy..

This place has no sense of loyalty whatsoever...

And it is not so much even about Roy, he is just the latest scapegoat of the week...

Pretty much everyone here KNOWS, that Roy has a mental confidence issue he is trying to get help with and work through to overcome.....

And what do you guys do? you praise him one minute , then when he gets in a funk... you guys freakin bash him at the first opportunity you can !!!

WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!!!! I am sure him logging on here reading this ***** is doing WONDERS for his confidence..

The downright vitriol being CONSTANTLY spewed here on a different player every other game/week has gotten to the point, that I can hardly stomach reading 80% of the threads/posts on here without closing out the browser pis**ed off and blood pressure sky high ...

Ya'll can flame me or whatever.. I don't really care much anymore...

I can see why Indiana has difficulty attracting free agents..
I really can....

With fans so willing to throw players under the bus and scrutinize every little nuance , and on "THE" Pacers forum nonetheless.... It's a wonder, how we have gotten and kept, the good players we DO currently have.....

I for one, don't want ANY part of it ......

It's one thing to criticize bad games and etc , and totally another to read the type of stuff constantly being displayed here on this forum ...

Just to be clear, this post is directed as a generalization of what I am seeing , not necessarily this thread...

/rant off

PGisthefuture
03-13-2012, 12:13 AM

I didn't think of it that way, but who does he come in for? PG and DG will take up a lot of minutes.

Hoop
03-13-2012, 12:16 AM
It disgusts me to see all the people here on PD do a 180 on Roy..

This place has no sense of loyalty whatsoever...

And it is not so much even about Roy, he is just the latest scapegoat of the week...

Pretty much everyone here KNOWS, that Roy has a mental confidence issue he is trying to get help with and work through to overcome.....

And what do you guys do? you praise him one minute , then when he gets in a funk... you guys freakin bash him at the first opportunity you can !!!

WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!!!! I am sure him logging on here reading this ***** is doing WONDERS for his confidence..

The downright vitriol being CONSTANTLY spewed here on a different player every other game/week has gotten to the point, that I can hardly stomach reading 80% of the threads/posts on here without closing out the browser pis**ed off and blood pressure sky high ...

Ya'll can flame me or whatever.. I don't really care much anymore...

I can see why Indiana has difficulty attracting free agents..
I really can....

With fans so willing to throw players under the bus and scrutinize every little nuance , and on "THE" Pacers forum nonetheless.... It's a wonder, how we have gotten and kept, the good players we DO currently have.....

I for one, don't want ANY part of it ......

It's one thing to criticize bad games and etc , and totally another to read the type of stuff constantly being displayed here on this forum ...

Just to be clear, this post is directed as a generalization of what I am seeing , not necessarily this thread...

/rant off
I agree that the criticism gets out of hand sometimes.
BUT.... players are ripped apart on every team forum, in every league, in every sport 24/7. It's just the nature of sports and fans.

If these players can't handle criticism from fans on a forum, they have some serious mental issues that can't be fixed, IMO. They make millions of dollars to play a game, I do not feel sorry for them. Man up and play hard.

Real pressure is someone trying to make ends meet, pay their bills and put food on the table.

Justin Tyme
03-13-2012, 12:17 AM

You do realize there is 14.5 mil difference between the salaries?

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 12:35 AM
I didn't think of it that way, but who does he come in for? PG and DG will take up a lot of minutes.

For anybody really.

Justin Tyme
03-13-2012, 12:51 AM
I am sure him logging on here reading this ***** is doing WONDERS for his confidence..

If Hibbert is reading PD, he's wasting his time when he could use it to his best advatage to solve his problem. That's what he's being paid MILLIONS to do, not read a forum that apparently could crush his weak mentality. If he's that weak n fragile where it causes him problems, why is he reading what others are saying?

Kemo
03-13-2012, 01:07 AM
If Hibbert is reading PD, he's wasting his time when he could use it to his best advatage to solve his problem. That's what he's being paid MILLIONS to do, not read a forum that apparently could crush his weak mentality. If he's that weak n fragile where it causes him problems, why is he reading what others are saying?

It's not like there isn't 3 or 4 negative sounding threads with his name in the title on the front page here or nothing , that would catch his eye if he visited...

I guess, because he plays basketball in the NBA, he isn't supposed to have a life outside Banker's Life Fieldhouse doing "normal people" things?
After all he isn't a normal HUMAN BEING with emotions or anything right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whatever.. I am not here to argue with any of you... and I won't .. It's not worth it....
I just wanted to point out it is a bunch of B.S. ... Like it or not.. I don't care...
What I DO care about, is this team AND our players...

I've said what I had to say ..

vnzla81
03-13-2012, 01:21 AM
:lol:

Pingu
03-13-2012, 01:33 AM

He sure is some people's hard-on around PD.

PaceBalls
03-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Blah blah You guys aren't loyal fans blah blah..

Please donate money to me.

It just seems so out of place. How long are you going to keep that donate now button up anyway?

Not everyone is hating on Roy. No need to freak out.

I still think he is much better than last year. He is grabbing tough rebounds that he never had before (except when he is playing the Magic or the Bulls). The defense is much improved. Also, our other players on the team are HORRIBLE at post entry passes. but Roy isn't a max guy. Your max player needs to dominate every game, not just once in a while against bad teams.

I hate it so much when people assume Roy is some kind of weak minded pansy and he is going to get his feelings hurt and go catatonic by reading a message board, get real.

Kemo
03-13-2012, 04:18 AM
It just seems so out of place. How long are you going to keep that donate now button up anyway?

Not everyone is hating on Roy. No need to freak out.

I still think he is much better than last year. He is grabbing tough rebounds that he never had before (except when he is playing the Magic or the Bulls). The defense is much improved. Also, our other players on the team are HORRIBLE at post entry passes. but Roy isn't a max guy. Your max player needs to dominate every game, not just once in a while against bad teams.

I hate it so much when people assume Roy is some kind of weak minded pansy and he is going to get his feelings hurt and go catatonic by reading a message board, get real.

didnt know it was still up.. i thought i removed it months ago.. thanks will check usercp again .. thx

I just get fed up with everyone's CONSTANT b**ching about our core guys and wanting to trade a different one every week ..

This place sometimes has so much negativity, that it is overwhelming to the senses..

graphic-er
03-13-2012, 10:25 AM
You do realize there is 14.5 mil difference between the salaries?

Okay so throw in Lance or Hansbrough to make it work.

graphic-er
03-13-2012, 10:30 AM
didnt know it was still up.. i thought i removed it months ago.. thanks will check usercp again .. thx

I just get fed up with everyone's CONSTANT b**ching about our core guys and wanting to trade a different one every week ..

This place sometimes has so much negativity, that it is overwhelming to the senses..

News flash Kemo, this team hasn't won a game against a playoff team in about a month. No player is above scrutiny at this point.

graphic-er
03-13-2012, 10:49 AM
"Thus began the legend of Roy Hibbert. Who once blocked a shot so hard he tore a man's pectoral muscle. True Story. "

What happened to this Roy Hibbert??

I'm waiting for the Wells' blog post where he says Hibbert has lost too much weight over the course of the season to be effective.

Eleazar
03-13-2012, 01:29 PM
News flash Kemo, this team hasn't won a game against a playoff team in about a month. No player is above scrutiny at this point.

New flash, if we panic evey time the team struggles like Jim Irsay we would never put a quality team on the court to begin with.

graphic-er
03-13-2012, 01:37 PM
New flash, if we panic evey time the team struggles like Jim Irsay we would never put a quality team on the court to begin with.

NEWSFLASH!
We went on a 5 game losing streak to a 6 game winning streak and back to a 4 game losing streak. All based on quality of opponent.

Double Newsflash! We aren't as good as our record indicates.

Justin Tyme
03-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Okay so throw in Lance or Hansbrough to make it work.

NO NO not one of Bird's fabulous picks! It's sacriligious.

Seriously, neither would put much of a dent in the 14.5 mil.

graphic-er
03-13-2012, 01:49 PM
NO NO not one of Bird's fabulous picks! It's sacriligious.

Seriously, neither would put much of a dent in the 14.5 mil.

Actually in the trade machine it works. :p

BillS
03-13-2012, 01:50 PM
NEWSFLASH!
We went on a 5 game losing streak to a 6 game winning streak and back to a 4 game losing streak. All based on quality of opponent.

We're EXACTLY as good as our record indicates. We beat teams that are worse than us and we sometimes compete well and even beat teams that are better than us.

How can the record reflect otherwise?

Eleazar
03-13-2012, 01:53 PM
NEWSFLASH!

And this is a young team with a rookie head coach. All things considered right now this team is about where you would expect a young talented team with a rookie head coach to be during a condensed season that does not allow for much practicing. I want this team to be competing for a championship too, but I don't lose sight of the big picture just because they struggle against better teams.

Justin Tyme
03-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Actually in the trade machine it works. :p

I know it does. It's that the cap is gone by doing it. Where the Pacers are short is they have no inbetween contracts from from Granger and West to Foster's 3 mil and below to use in trades.

Justin Tyme
03-13-2012, 02:03 PM
We're EXACTLY as good as our record indicates. We beat teams that are worse than us and we sometimes compete well and even beat teams that are better than us.

How can the record reflect otherwise?

Flip side is we've been beaten by teams worse than us and lost to medium of the road teams we shouldn't have.

BillS
03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Flip side is we've been beaten by teams worse than us and lost to medium of the road teams we shouldn't have.

And so have pretty much every other team in the league.

This whole "the record doesn't tell the truth" thing boggles me. The record is the record. The INTERPRETATION could be off ("Six game winning streak? Pacers is teh L33T" "5 game losing streak? Pacers is teh SUXXORS"), but the record doesn't lie. It isn't like we won by forfeit, or by bribing refs, or anything else like that.

Winning 55% of your games means you are losing 45% of your games. Some of those are going to come in streaks, many of them are ugly for a team like this in a season like this.

It's still better than winning 45% of your games and losing 55% of them.

Justin Tyme
03-13-2012, 02:29 PM
And this is a young team with a rookie head coach. All things considered right now this team is about where you would expect a young talented team with a rookie head coach to be during a condensed season that does not allow for much practicing. I want this team to be competing for a championship too, but I don't lose sight of the big picture just because they struggle against better teams.

I can't speak for others, but as I've been reflecting on the season it has been those earlier games the Pacers have won against Chicago, Lakers, Dallas, Orlando, Boston and being 10 games over .500 that have made expectations higher than normal. The falling back to reality is hard, especially with the poor play that has been of late. Now, if you said at the 39 game mark of the season the Pacers would be 23-16 b4 the season started, who would have really been disappointed after 3 dismal years under Jimmy? The problem is once the Pacers started winning with SMASHMOUTH BB it raised the expectations of we the fans. Sometimes we see things much better than they truly are.

To me the disappointing thing is the poor poor level of play I've watched of late, especially having seen certain players and the team previously play better. It's hard to remember that many felt at the beginning of the season a 6-7 seed was what was expected when the Pacers had been a #3 seed. Again, it's the poor level of play of late that has soured most of the fandom. We had gotten use to seeing a better quality of BB.

I don't like losing, but if the effort is there I can handle the losing better than watching poor effort from my homrtown team. I don't feel it's asking for too much to see players give their full effort. If they fall short after giving their best shot, I can live with it. I can't tolerate less than them giving their full effort. Never have never will. JMOAA

docpaul
03-13-2012, 03:17 PM
I can't speak for others, but as I've been reflecting on the season it has been those earlier games the Pacers have won against Chicago, Lakers, Dallas, Orlando, Boston and being 10 games over .500 that have made expectations higher than normal. The falling back to reality is hard, especially with the poor play that has been of late. Now, if you said at the 39 game mark of the season the Pacers would be 23-16 b4 the season started, who would have really been disappointed after 3 dismal years under Jimmy? The problem is once the Pacers started winning with SMASHMOUTH BB it raised the expectations of we the fans. Sometimes we see things much better than they truly are.

To me the disappointing thing is the poor poor level of play I've watched of late, especially having seen certain players and the team previously play better. It's hard to remember that many felt at the beginning of the season a 6-7 seed was what was expected when the Pacers had been a #3 seed. Again, it's the poor level of play of late that has soured most of the fandom. We had gotten use to seeing a better quality of BB.

I don't like losing, but if the effort is there I can handle the losing better than watching poor effort from my homrtown team. I don't feel it's asking for too much to see players give their full effort. If they fall short after giving their best shot, I can live with it. I can't tolerate less than them giving their full effort. Never have never will. JMOAA

Did you question the team's effort after the end of the Heat game?

Seemed like they poured everything into that one.

My opinion: the team is young, and they still don't totally buy into themselves as a contender. They have to get out of their own heads.

Losses like the one in Miami, and in Chicago are going to come... it's the nature of the NBA. The question is: how do they let it affect them?

From my eyes, you have a team that suffered a couple of tough losses, and they've lost confidence that they can go all the way. That's when the team ball starts to break down, and you see what you saw in the Orlando game.

This is clearly what's happening to Hibbs as well. I don't think it's an issue of conditioning as much as mental fortitude.