View Full Version : George Hill out tonight vs. Heat

pwee31
03-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Per Mike Wells

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/MikeWellsNBA

Apparently got armed tangled with Hansbrough on Thursday in practice

Hibbert
03-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Hedo Turkoglu won't be playing against us on Sunday due to suspension.

jeffg-body
03-10-2012, 03:01 PM
That definitely sucks.

TinManJoshua
03-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Per Mike Wells

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/MikeWellsNBA

Apparently got armed tangled with Hansbrough on Thursday in practice

I'm not shocked at all to see one of our guys have to miss game time because they had to practice against Tyler.

TheDavisBrothers
03-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Well thats not gonna help us get over the hill

pwee31
03-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Means Granger and Paul George have to try to take out of foul trouble against LeBron and Wade. I expect Lance to get some run as well now

mildlysane
03-10-2012, 03:16 PM
At least Tyler is throwing his weight around in practice again...

yoadknux
03-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Our starting 5 can't beat their starting 5... our injured bench can't beat their bench... Might as well prepare for the game vs Orlando...

rock747
03-10-2012, 03:25 PM
is George Hill made of glass?

PacerPenguins
03-10-2012, 03:31 PM
maybe he got traded

Naptown_Seth
03-10-2012, 03:50 PM
If you gotta take a loss-inducing roster hit, it's best to take it when you were already pretty likely to lose.

ksuttonjr76
03-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Our starting 5 can't beat their starting 5... our injured bench can't beat their bench... Might as well prepare for the game vs Orlando...

More like their starting 3. I'm really not that concern with their PG and C positions.

pacer4ever
03-10-2012, 04:11 PM
More like their starting 3. I'm really not that concern with their PG and C positions.

Mario Chalmers is as good as DC if not better. Dude is a beast on defense and is a lights out shooter fits the Heat scheme perfect.

Sookie
03-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Mario Chalmers is as good as DC if not better. Dude is a beast on defense and is a lights out shooter fits the Heat scheme perfect.

It's funny you say that.

Because I bet a good majority of Heat fans would trade Chalmers for DC in a heartbeat.

Grass is always greener..

BlueNGold
03-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Better yet, cut Tyler.

Seriously though, I expect this game to be closer simply because the Heat don't respect the Pacers anymore. IOW, the NBA is all about going through the motions against weaker teams. The Heat are now convinced they can wipe the floor with the Pacers so I don't expect a great effort from them.

Ace E.Anderson
03-10-2012, 04:21 PM
It's funny you say that.

Because I bet a good majority of Heat fans would trade Chalmers for DC in a heartbeat.

Doubtful. Chalmers is a really good defender and 3 pt shooter. What would dc bring to the team that Chalmers doesn't already do?

clownskull
03-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Better yet, cut Tyler.

Seriously though, I expect this game to be closer simply because the Heat don't respect the Pacers anymore. IOW, the NBA is all about going through the motions against weaker teams. The Heat are now convinced they can wipe the floor with the Pacers so I don't expect a great effort from them.

i think even one of their mail-it-in efforts will likely result in a double digit win.
too much talent down there.

Nuntius
03-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Doubtful. Chalmers is a really good defender and 3 pt shooter. What would dc bring to the team that Chalmers doesn't already do?

Nothing. But people always value opposing team's players more than their own.

yoadknux
03-10-2012, 04:31 PM
It's funny you say that.

Trade value isn't determined only by talent... Most Phoenix fans would love to trade Nash for Collison and a 1st. That doesn't make Collison as talented as Nash...

Sookie
03-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Trade value isn't determined only by talent... Most Phoenix fans would love to trade Nash for Collison and a 1st. That doesn't make Collison as talented as Nash...

My point was that most Heat fans consider Collison to be significantly better.

Peck
Better yet, cut Tyler.

So we'll only lose by 17 instead of 27?

pacer4ever
It's funny you say that.

The FO would not. When you have LBJ and Dwade you need to surround them with shooters and defenders and Mario is both.

I should of specified DC may be a better player overall slightly but Rio is a much better fit for the Heat than DC would be.

Fans dont always know best I am a prime example ;) But serious Miami fans hardly know the game of basketball. It isnt about overall talent but how that player fits on the team Mario is a much better fit than DC.

I bet Pat Riley would have no part of a DC for Mario trade.

Sookie
03-10-2012, 04:52 PM
The FO would not. When you have LBJ and Dwade you need to surround them with shooters and defenders and Mario is both.

I should of specified DC may be a better player overall slightly but Rio is a much better fit for the Heat than DC would be.

Fans dont always know best I am a prime example ;) But serious Miami fans hardly know the game of basketball. It isnt about overall talent but how that player fits on the team Mario is a much better fit than DC.

I agree Chalmers is a much better fit for Miami than DC is. In fact, AJ (when he's making shots) is a better fit. You don't want a ball dominant guard who'd prefer to go to the basket rather than shoot from the perimeter if you are Miami.

That said, with all the "DC isn't a starter" fluff that goes around here. I was making the point that the Grass is always greener on the other side. For every group of fans. Miami fans absolutely HATED Mario last season.

Hicks
03-10-2012, 05:17 PM
If you gotta take a loss-inducing roster hit, it's best to take it when you were already pretty likely to lose.

I guess, but I hate this in the sense that my enthusiasm/desire to even watch tonight's game just dropped like a rock.

Kemo
03-10-2012, 05:28 PM

I'd be more worried about Cole than Chalmers ...

Cole seems to light us up more often than super mario... if memory serves me right..

:buddies::buddies:

Pacer Fan
03-10-2012, 05:41 PM

And in the latest NBA News, The Heat has found their long sought after Point Guard in a trade with the Indiana Pacers Darren Collison for Mario Chalmers. :laugh:

Lord Helmet
03-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Cool, now we'll lose by 50.

Is it bad I am dreading this game? The Pacers are playing soft and during the Hawks loss they didn't even seem to care they were losing. Smiling about it and ****. Smashmouth is no more.

LeBron might go off for 50.

:suicide:

Lance George
03-10-2012, 06:15 PM
For their careers, Collison:

Scores at a higher rate (15.1 per-36 minutes vs. 11.1)
Rebounds at a higher rate (5.4% vs. 5.1)
Assists at a higher rate (29.7% vs. 20.6)
Turns the ball over at a lower rate (17.2% vs. 18.9)
Gets the the free throw line at a higher rate (3.2 FTA per-36 minutes vs. 2.1)
Has a superior assist-to-turnover ratio (2.2:1 vs. 2.1:1)
Has a higher FG% (.461 vs. .422)
Has a higher 3% (.374 vs. .367)
Has a higher FT% (.855 vs. .781)
Has a higher PER (15.7 vs. 12.2)
Has a bigger penis (11" vs. 4.8")

Also, while the career numbers aren't available, according to 82games.com, Collison is holding opposing point guards to lower PERS this season (12.5 (http://www.82games.com/1112/11IND1.HTM#bypos)) than is Chalmers (13.9 (http://www.82games.com/1112/11MIA1.HTM#bypos)). So, even the mindset that Collison is some atrocious defender and Chalmers is elite is highly, highly dubious.

Really, the only advantage I can find for Chalmers is that he's a far more prolific three point shooter than Collison (4.8 3PA per-36 minutes vs. 1.9), and has a higher TS% (.554 vs. .537) and eFG% (.519 vs. .489).

The only way I could see a team prefering Chalmers over Collison is if they had a three point fetish (and Collison's proven to be a good enough of a shooter where he could probably fill that role) or if you were a Pacers fan with the dreaded, "their players are always -- ALWAYS -- better than ours" mentality.

notque
03-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Most Phoenix fans would love to trade Nash for Collison and a 1st.

No, most Phoenix fans wouldn't make that trade, and also wouldn't know who Collison is.

I could spend all day in Phoenix asking who Darren Collison is, and the only way anyone would know is if they were a UCLA fan.

Steagles
03-10-2012, 06:47 PM
FUUUUUUUU

Hibbert
03-10-2012, 06:48 PM
With his injuries this year and some of his comments, I wonder if he even cares about playing here and if he's even gonna try coming back. I would much rather have Leonard right about now. Players aren't made like they used to be, or maybe it's just that they don't really care all that much.

BlueNGold
03-10-2012, 06:50 PM
So we'll only lose by 17 instead of 27?

Exactly. I think the Miami blow outs tell us a lot about this team. Sure, Miami is very good. But we lack confidence as a man. I think that's this team's #1 weakness.

Kemo
03-10-2012, 08:04 PM
I have a good feeling we are gonna pull this game out of our arses for the win ...

PaceBalls
03-10-2012, 08:10 PM
So is it just one game or is his arm really hurt? This is the toughest part of the season for the team. They really need him out there.

Nuntius
03-10-2012, 08:14 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

vnzla81
03-10-2012, 08:16 PM
For their careers, Collison:

Scores at a higher rate (15.1 per-36 minutes vs. 11.1)
Rebounds at a higher rate (5.4% vs. 5.1)
Assists at a higher rate (29.7% vs. 20.6)
Turns the ball over at a lower rate (17.2% vs. 18.9)
Gets the the free throw line at a higher rate (3.2 FTA per-36 minutes vs. 2.1)
Has a superior assist-to-turnover ratio (2.2:1 vs. 2.1:1)
Has a higher FG% (.461 vs. .422)
Has a higher 3% (.374 vs. .367)
Has a higher FT% (.855 vs. .781)
Has a higher PER (15.7 vs. 12.2)

Also, while the career numbers aren't available, according to 82games.com, Collison is holding opposing point guards to lower PERS this season (12.5 (http://www.82games.com/1112/11IND1.HTM#bypos)) than is Chalmers (13.9 (http://www.82games.com/1112/11MIA1.HTM#bypos)). So, even the mindset that Collison is some atrocious defender and Chalmers is elite is highly, highly dubious.

Really, the only advantage I can find for Chalmers is that he's a far more prolific three point shooter than Collison (4.8 3PA per-36 minutes vs. 1.9), and has a higher TS% (.554 vs. .537) and eFG% (.519 vs. .489).

The only way I could see a team prefering Chalmers over Collison is if they had a three point fetish (and Collison's proven to be a good enough of a shooter where he could probably fill that role) or if you were a Pacers fan with the dreaded, "their players are always -- ALWAYS -- better than ours" mentality.

All this numbers that you posted are pretty much telling me that DC and Chalmers are similar and they are both mediocre starting point guards.

Nuntius
03-10-2012, 08:18 PM
All this numbers that you posted are pretty much telling me that DC and Chalmers are similar and they are both mediocre starting point guards.

Which is the truth.

However, to the eyes of most Pacers fans Chalmers will always be better than DC only because he is not a Pacer.

pacer4ever
03-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Which is the truth.

However, to the eyes of most Pacers fans Chalmers will always be better than DC only because he is not a Pacer.

No that is not true all I said was the pg position isn't a weakness(like a poster stated) for Miami and I wouldn't take DC over Chalmers for their team.

Chalmers fits what they do perfect he has a quick good jumper and he is really good defensively and that is what they need.

I would take DC over a number of pgs regardless of system my only point was DC doesnt fit their system and Rio does.

Nuntius
03-10-2012, 08:43 PM
No that is not true all I said was the pg position isn't a weakness(like a poster stated) for Miami and I wouldn't take DC over Chalmers for their team.

Chalmers fits what they do perfect he has a quick good jumper and he is really good defensively and that is what they need.

I would take DC over a number of pgs regardless of system my only point was DC doesnt fit their system and Rio does.

I wasn't implying you, my friend. I agree with what you said :)

But there's no doubt that several posters in here when a Pacer is compared to a similar non-Pacer would rather take the non-Pacer. Mainly because they haven't see him screw up.

pacer4ever
03-10-2012, 08:56 PM
I wasn't implying you, my friend. I agree with what you said :)

But there's no doubt that several posters in here when a Pacer is compared to a similar non-Pacer would rather take the non-Pacer. Mainly because they haven't see him screw up.

every player makes mistakes I mean these guys are human lol.

I dont know who said it but there is a saying every player is flawed and that is very true.

And just to make it clear I wouldn't trade DC for Chalmers.

vnzla81
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM
:(

Mike Wells
Also In Indiana Pacers
George Hill did some work on the court before tonight's game against Orlando, but he'll miss his second straight game with a sprained left shoulder. The Pacers likely won't practice Monday, but Hill will likely be at the fieldhouse getting work on his shoulder in an attempt to play Tuesday against Portland.

Midcoasted
03-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I thought the "he went up against Hansbrough in practice" reason why he got injured was a joke or something. I thought he was as good as traded and the team trading for him requested he not play.

I guess he is really hurt, but I was thinking back to when players don't play that are healthy because they are about to go to another team. I think it is always known that the player is going to be traded though and teams don't sneak around with a bogus injury report to avoid fan backlash. At least I can't remember that ever being the case lol.