PDA

View Full Version : A Stop Overreacting Thread

Eleazar
03-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Are the Pacers going through a tough time right now? Yes.
Were they playing much better earlier in the season? Yes.
Does that mean this team needs major changes? No.

Looking at every major piece on this team (top 10 player) Only 4 of them have more then 4 full years of NBA experience. Of those 4 only 2 could be considered to be having a major impact on winning and losing. Of the other 6 at least 4 of them have a major impact, and you could argue all 6 of them can.

What this means is this team is still extremely young, and is going to go through growing pains. We aren't ready to compete for a championship full time this year, and that is ok. We need this team to learn from this experience, and become better from it not be broken up over it.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't make a trade, but it also doesn't mean we should be begging for changes to be made.

PacerPenguins
03-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Should this even be a thread? No. It's just going to get people more pissed off.

Really?
03-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Have a feeling this will quickly become a "overreaction thread"...

kielbeze
03-09-2012, 03:16 PM
I Say he is pretty much on the money. I don't think major changes are needed. Could we use some help at a few spots yes. I honestly think that the major malfunction in our game right now is just the rotations. Think about the small stuff. We have seen far less Dhantay as of late that to me is a problem. Little to no lance the past few games. before you want to snap my neck for saying that think about the defense he was playing and the turnovers he caused. I know he also commits a fair amount himself but I think he played very well on the defensive side of the ball. we are seeing too much AJ. His play has been decent some games but he tends to be more than willing to chuck up a shot whenever he feels the need to. I feel like coach V is trying to play a lineup that is more offensive minded, and looking back I was more than happy to be exactly what coach V wanted an old school hard nosed smash mouth basketball team. I think we were way better when defense was the focus. If you are getting stops and wearing them down playing grind out man to man defense offensive opportunity will follow.

Pacer Fan
03-09-2012, 03:52 PM

Also known as the the most brilliant thread made by man kind...Kneejerk Reaction Thread

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=68351

vnzla81
03-09-2012, 03:55 PM

Just wait for tomorrow after we get stomped by Miami.

kielbeze
03-09-2012, 04:13 PM
I feel like this is our game vs the Heat. With that being said lets see how many items within my reach still remain that way at 10:00 tomorrow. ;)

TheDavisBrothers
03-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I feel like this is our game vs the Heat. With that being said lets see how many items within my reach still remain that way at 10:00 tomorrow. ;)

If they had a controller throwers anonymous I would be a member :censored::mad:

:blush:

Pacer Fan
03-09-2012, 04:22 PM
I have found that investing into spongy items and have them all around you is a great investment. :D

Ace E.Anderson
03-09-2012, 04:35 PM

Thats funny

CableKC
03-09-2012, 04:39 PM
:onozomg:

I will overreact on March 16 ( after the trade deadline ) IF we have not made any changes to this roster to improve anyone outside of the existing core of DC/PG/Granger/West/Hibbert/GH.

This Team is built to beat Teams that we should be able to beat...but not built to compete on an acceptable level against between the 1st to 6th seeds.

duke dynamite
03-09-2012, 04:43 PM
http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/612955/80630475.jpg

Pacer Fan
03-09-2012, 07:08 PM
http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/612955/80630475.jpg

Funny...LMAO! :laugh:

Pingu
03-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Let's stop overreacting to the overreactions too.

Naptown_Seth
03-09-2012, 08:16 PM
WE ARE F:censored:ING TOAST!

New Pacers Logo (gotta love the animated GIF technology on the jersey, fiber circuit board and micro LEDs)
:onozomg:

New Pacers Mascot
:thisisnotfun:

Brad8888
03-10-2012, 08:38 AM
:eek:

:eek2:

:arrgh:

:grumpy:

:yikes:

:panic:

:meditate:

Hicks
03-10-2012, 09:20 AM

How great it would be for the team and this board if we shock everybody and win.

Here's hoping.

Hicks
03-10-2012, 09:21 AM
If they had a controller throwers anonymous I would be a member :censored::mad:

:blush:

I seem to have evolved, but oh boy did I used to belong to this group.

Brad8888
03-10-2012, 09:31 AM

One day, when technology evolves and flex screen technology allows enough flexibility, our TV screens will be printed on kinetic energy dispersant fluffy pillows of foam that is much like a Tempurpedic mattress. That way, not only can we throw our remotes at it safely, we actually can punch and kick it, bash our heads into it repeatedly, and then, when the game is over, if the screen is large enough, lie down and take a nap on it in blissful comfort!

Ain't technology grand!

Naptown_Seth
03-10-2012, 04:48 PM
TV remote, not really.

360 remote, obviously. I mean the game cheats and it's time for the game to learn a lesson, which is that I'm willing to spend $20 on a replacement controller.