PDA

View Full Version : Small rap on the knuckles

ABADays
11-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Not serious yet but let's get it corrected early:

1. Jamaal - let's get that shooting percentage up. 30% isn't going to cut it.

2. Turnovers - aiyyiyiyiyi, like 4 guys with 20 or more. Take care of the ball.

MSA2CF
11-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Jamaal didn't do so well I'll agree.

I also don't like how our fastbreaks have turned out the entire year, especially when Austin or Stephen is involved. Thank goodness James Jones was able to use the backboard and tried not to do anything fancy with the one fastbreak he was a part of. :pray:

Unclebuck
11-14-2004, 02:22 PM
If you take away the Cavs game (where Tinsley was great) Tinsley has not really played that well. Maybe I just expect more out of him this season after seeing the Cavs game where he was on par with Jason Kidd or John Stockton.

I don't min him missing shots, but I mind the bad shots, and I think shots early in the shot clock for Jamaal are bad shots. If the ball first goes to J.O and he is doubled (99% of the time with the point guard) and the ball ends up in Jamaal's hands I realize he has to shoot it because he is so wide open.

One of my pet peeves, is people say we can't play Foster because they can double team off him, no they can't otherwise he gets offensive rebounds by the bushel full, teams 99% of the time double team off of Jamaal.

sweabs
11-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Maybe Jamaal is trying to prove to people he is worth his fresh new contract?

I read an article the other day with Pop saying the same thing about Tony Parker...

:whoknows:

Anthem
11-15-2004, 01:35 AM
Well, to Tinsley's credit, his two worst games were because of his neck.

Fool
11-15-2004, 10:54 AM
I don't min him missing shots, but I mind the bad shots, and I think shots early in the shot clock for Jamaal are bad shots. If the ball first goes to J.O and he is doubled (99% of the time with the point guard) and the ball ends up in Jamaal's hands I realize he has to shoot it because he is so wide open.

He could always use the opening to set a pick for a better shooter. With his man doubling down he could set a pick for Jax who would be free as Tinsley's man wouldn't be around to cover. JO dumps the ball out and you've just let the other team run a play for you. I haven't caught the Pacers too much so far, does Tinsley's man double JO enough to set a standard play for it?

Ragnar
11-15-2004, 12:12 PM
I dont know if anyone read the star article that makes a big deal out of his turnovers but I looked on NBA.com to see where the other leading point guards ranked.

Tins is third in assists the 1st 2nd and 4th ranked pg's all turn the ball over more than Tinsley. Seems to me they could have pointed that out.

Take out the couple of games Tins was not playing well because he could not turn his neck but played major minutes anyway and he leads the league is assists and his turnover numbers would be down too.

Give the guy credit for playing through the injury.

ChicagoJ
11-15-2004, 03:59 PM

He could always use the opening to set a pick for a better shooter. With his man doubling down he could set a pick for Jax who would be free as Tinsley's man wouldn't be around to cover. JO dumps the ball out and you've just let the other team run a play for you. I haven't caught the Pacers too much so far, does Tinsley's man double JO enough to set a standard play for it?

That's a good point, because with an even better balanced roster this season, the double team is going to come from the PG, and its not going to come until JO puts the ball on the floor.

They should set up a standard play for that, but Tinsley also has to get the ball in a position where he can attack the basket, pullind defenders back to him, to find the seam in the defense. If JO kicks it back to Tinsley just camping at the 3-pt line, that's not a high percentage play. In fact, I'd rather have JO shoot through the double-team than make that pass.