03-08-2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9384

BRING HIM BACK LARRY:buddies:

MiaDragon
03-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Just say no.

sportfireman
03-08-2012, 04:27 PM
if Kaman is picked up by someone else I could see us picking up Solo.

_The_Future_
03-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Solo = Pendergraph

righteouscool
03-08-2012, 04:33 PM
That surprises me. He killed us in both games.

AesopRockOn
03-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Now you know for sure that they are tanking.

2minutes twoa
03-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Don't understand the hate being thrown at Solo. I thought he was a decent back up big while he was here.

Sandman21
03-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm honestly surprised they didn't retain him for the season.

_The_Future_
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
I just don't see him being much of an upgrade anywhere

Heisenberg
03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm honestly surprised they didn't retain him for the season.
Okafor and Landry should be back soon, they need to play Ayon. Not like they're in win now mode, may as well save the money.

Hibbert
03-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Solo is alot better than Jeff P. This year I only saw him play in 5 games but he looks like he is giving it his all this year compared to when he was here. He looked hungry. Might be worth a look if we can't land any other big. This makes it look more and more like NO won't be getting rid of Kaman.

Derek2k3
03-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Solo is alot better than Jeff P. This year I only saw him play in 5 games but he looks like he is giving it his all this year compared to when he was here. He looked hungry. Might be worth a look if we can't land any other big. This makes it look more and more like NO won't be getting rid of Kaman.

IMO the Hornets aren't shopping Kaman to improve their team now, rather they are trying to get in a more flexible position by dumping his contract.

Plus Okafor will be back, right? Maybe?

beast23
03-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Jeez, folks. We are talking about bench fodder here. I can hardly believe we are wasting our fingers typing about SJones, let alone a whole thread. No! No! and more No!

2minutes twoa
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Jeez, folks. We are talking about bench fodder here. I can hardly believe we are wasting our fingers typing about SJones, let alone a whole thread. No! No! and more No!

And yet here you are, typing a reply :)

cdash
03-08-2012, 07:20 PM

That's what happens when you sign 10 day contracts.

Pacerized
03-08-2012, 07:20 PM

I don't think it means anything other then they don't want to waste their money on Solo. They can always offer him a contract later if they don't get a big back in a Kaman trade. I'd be happy to give them Lou.

Justin Tyme
03-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Solo is alot better than Jeff P.

A lot better? How do we know this? I don't remember seeing a swelling of support to keep Solo when his contract expired. Just b/c he's playing for a contract doesn't mean his play will stay the same. I'd rather go with JP and see what he has. JMOAA

Pingu
03-08-2012, 09:29 PM
The bit of enthusiasm stemming from Solo being available is a testament to how disappointing Tyler has been. At this point Solo might be a better back up.

speakout4
03-08-2012, 09:34 PM
The bit of enthusiasm stemming from Solo being available is a testament to how disappointing Tyler has been. At this point Solo might be a better back up.
No it's a testament that we are playing with 12 guys and simply have no real b/u at the 5. Lou does his best and Pendergaff is not ready for prime time. Solo will be acceptable in the short term. We are not offering him a long term contract.

Hoop
03-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Solo is a warm body that is decent. If we can't get Kaman or any other big guy help, Solo would be OK for the rest of the season.

He'd be better for us than he was in a JOB run system.

90'sNBARocked
03-09-2012, 12:07 AM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

David Pick: Springfield Armor's 7-footer Jeff Foote, jus got called up by the NOH. Will suit up for tomm's game vs Nuggets, source tells Eurobasket Twitter

Wow, NO cuts Solo fo this cat ?

Hibbert
03-09-2012, 12:55 AM
He's a 7 footer. Taller and younger, might as well see what he can do. Just about averaging a double double in NBADL. Not sure why Solo's production didn't cut it for them but I don't know about anything they do with the NBA running them right now.

Doddage
03-09-2012, 05:35 AM
He's a 7 footer. Taller and younger, might as well see what he can do. Just about averaging a double double in NBADL. Not sure why Solo's production didn't cut it for them but I don't know about anything they do with the NBA running them right now.
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/olifant/images/olifant_tank1.jpg

Freddie fan
03-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Don't understand the hate being thrown at Solo. I thought he was a decent back up big while he was here.

What hate? I wish when people would throw hate they would throw it a lot harder so I could recognize it. I don't see any hate here.

dal9
03-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Pendergaff is not ready for prime time.

Haven't seen any games this year but what's the story on this? Recovering from injury? Just not good at basketball?

jeffg-body
03-09-2012, 11:49 PM
I like Solo myself and have thought that the JOB system really limited him, along with the 2 minutes a week or something like that when he actually got in the game. If we can't get Kaman I think he would be a nice pick-up and could fill a need when one of our bigs go down or are in foul trouble for short stints at a time. You never know, he may do well in our style now.

clownskull
03-10-2012, 04:17 PM
the thing is- with foster all but retired already, we could actually use a guy like solo now.

Naptown_Seth
03-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Well if they don't address bench/frontline depth at the deadline then he's going to be an actual, practical option.

Kinda why I'm a little frustrated with the attitude toward this deadline. If the team was hovering around .500 and thought they would wait for the next big piece next year that would be one thing, but this team can easily get the 3rd seed and compete into the ECF with a good deadline move.

Justin Tyme
03-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Jeff Foote was 4/4 in last night's game. I'm guessing that's fairly close to what Solo gave them in 2-10 contracts.