PDA

View Full Version : Is This Fosters Last Year

3 8 thee great t h
03-07-2012, 06:38 PM
After all of the injuries this season and the fact he's not getting any younger at 35 do you think he'll call it quits just wanna see iwatchu guys think

vnzla81
03-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Of course.

3 8 thee great t h
03-07-2012, 06:42 PM
I believe so too

KingGeorge
03-07-2012, 06:45 PM
As much as I love Foster, he should have called it quits last season. His body just can't take it anymore.

3 8 thee great t h
03-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Today's a bad day for Indy. We officially have declared that two veterans that have given 10+ years to the city....

Should this be in green :)

Nuntius
03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Of course, it is. He'll retire during the off-season and a spot will be waiting for him within the Pacers organization.

TMJ31
03-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Yea, I think this is it for Jeff, as much as it pains me to say.

I absolutely expect for him to remain in the organization on some level though.

Bird Fan
03-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Yes. Retire his jersey!

Peck
03-07-2012, 07:31 PM
It may not be his last year but it should be. Jeff doesn't have anything left to prove and he needs to think about his long term health. He has been a good soldier and we all know the franchise will reward him with a position with the team.

I know that there will be a temptation to keep him around for that playoff run or for big names, etc. but for the teams sake we need to just get the next backup center for our franchise.

rock747
03-07-2012, 07:52 PM
I think its rather apparent, unfortunately.

Justin Tyme
03-07-2012, 09:13 PM
At the present time, how could anyone not think he is done?

Sparhawk
03-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes. Retire his jersey!

I wouldn't go that far.

Been a huge fan of Foster's for a long time. I had hopes, as did you all, that he would be healthy for 1 more year. Dudes done. You can't overcome a bad back.

LoneGranger33
03-07-2012, 09:29 PM
If he wants to come back, that's his decision and I won't hold it against him. I won't fault the Pacers one bit if they don't try to keep him around, however, and I certainly won't applaud them again if they reward him with another sweetheart deal. That said, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't retire a Pacer this year.

cinotimz
03-07-2012, 10:33 PM
seems pretty apparent that last year was his last year...

Pacerized
03-08-2012, 01:13 AM
I don't have the heart to vote but I've assumed this much for most of the year. Foster has been my favorite Pacer since Reggie retired. If he somehow gets healthy and returns to help out for most of the remaining games I'd be all for keeping him but I don't even think he'll make the attempt next season. We have a chance to address our big man needs right now without giving up much other then cap space for this season. We need to make it happen.

rock747
03-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Ha, one dude is still holding out hope.

AesopRockOn
03-08-2012, 04:39 AM
His last half year?

xtacy
03-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Ha, one dude is still holding out hope.

i wonder who that is.

Unclebuck
03-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Actually I think last year was his last year

BillS
03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Actually I think last year was his last year

That's a bit harsh, he has not only played this year he has made some significant contributions.

They aren't at the level we had hoped or perhaps even expected, but it isn't like this is completely a useless year for him.

Unclebuck
03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
That's a bit harsh, he has not only played this year he has made some significant contributions.

They aren't at the level we had hoped or perhaps even expected, but it isn't like this is completely a useless year for him.

I was making a joke. Over the years I've been one of Fosters biggest fans even years back when it wasn't as cool as it is now, so I wish he could be healthy enough to play. If he could play 15-20 minutes every game that would help our team immensly.

Maybe it is just my imagination, but us seems as though Tyler plays so much better with Jeff than he does with Lou or any of the other Pacers big men.

Back to my original point I heard last year from a pretty good source that Jeff was going to retire last season. Not sure what made him change his mind, but physically he just didn't think he could do it anymore

Hicks
03-08-2012, 11:03 AM
You'd think this would be the end.

BRushWithDeath
03-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Back to my original point I heard last year from a pretty good source that Jeff was going to retire last season. Not sure what made him change his mind, but physically he just didn't think he could do it anymore

Money is the only thing that makes sense.

Can't blame him.

Mackey_Rose
03-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Is the front office dumb enough to allow him to steal paychecks for another year?

If so, he'll be back. I'd like to think they are not.

Justin Tyme
03-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Is the front office dumb enough to allow him to steal paychecks for another year?

If so, he'll be back. I'd like to think they are not.

Bird loves to hand out contracts or pick up coach's TO out of loyalty, but I don't believe Bird will do it again. Look at the bind this team is in now w/o Foster being able to play. Ignorance can be correct, stupidity is forever. I would hope Bird isn't stupid.

Pacer Fan
03-08-2012, 01:04 PM
I think Foster was a very good option for the Pacers this year. He is cheap and Bird didn't have to commit to an extended contract on someone that isn't as good as Foster. Bird tried to get a legit center and it didn't happen. Foster was a guaranteed fallback plan. If he gets healthy enough for the playoffs, he will work out for us! I do think this is his last stint as a player!

naptownmenace
03-08-2012, 01:26 PM
I think that Bird rolled the dice with Foster hoping he would be healthy enough to help them down the stretch run. After seeing he wouldn't he made the trade for Amundson.

Still having Jeff with the team is a positive. He's a pro with a good work ethic and experience defending the best power forwards and centers in the NBA for the past 11 years. They should make him the official big man coach for next year.

If he wants to get away from basketball for a while he could pursue a modeling career for Big & Tall clothiers. He's one of if not the best dressed player in the NBA.

OlBlu
03-08-2012, 02:52 PM
After all of the injuries this season and the fact he's not getting any younger at 35 do you think he'll call it quits just wanna see iwatchu guys think

I was against bringing him back this year. I like him as a player but his back is such a big problem that I didn't think he would play in one third of the games. I was sure we could find an acceptable backup for much less money.......:cool:

BRushWithDeath
03-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I was against bringing him back this year. I like him as a player but his back is such a big problem that I didn't think he would play in one third of the games. I was sure we could find an acceptable backup for much less money.......:cool:

I'm being 100% honest when I say that when the poll was at 67-1, I really assumed that you were the 1.

PaulGeorge
03-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Let's be honest, we didn't necessarily bring him back for regular season play. He is an enforcer that will be very important when the playoffs start. He knew the season would be shortened as did the pacers and we owe it to him to at least go out on his own terms. I think bringing him back wasn't a bad decision. Come playoff time when he is putting players like D.Rose on their backs people will be singing a different tune. I honestly can't wait for the playoffs. He knows this is his last season and I expect him to go out guns blazin'. Then after we exit the playoffs I fully expect him to become apart of our front office in someway.

Eleazar
03-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Should he retire, I think so, his body obviously just can't take it anymore, which is sad considering he still has the ability to play. Will he is another question.

Indra
03-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Yes, it's his last year. He almost retired last year, but decided for one more year. He has a spot lined up for him in the front office when he hangs them up, as he did last year too, but went for one more year.