PDA

View Full Version : Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

able
03-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Please Please adhere to the board's rules, this is a thread to post and discuss actual rumours (referals, links requried) and news (referal and links required) and discuss those.

This is NOT an extension of the tradeboard; you can let your fantasy lose there, PLEASE keep it away from here.

THANKS

spreedom
03-07-2012, 09:51 AM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/03/06/3074081/boris-diaw-asks-bobcats-for-buyout.html

The chances of Boris Diaw not finishing the season with the Charlotte Bobcats are growing, with his agent inquiring about a buyout that would free Diaw to sign elsewhere.

Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins told the Observer Tuesday that he met with Diaw before the All-Star break about Diaw's role and his expiring contract. Higgins said he has since had discussions with Diaw's agent, Doug Neustadt.

"Boris and I had a meeting prior to the All-Star break, maybe Wednesday before. We talked about quite a few things,'' Higgins said. "The issue with the buyout, it was raised on their side, from Doug. We haven't gone down that road any further.''

Initial attempts to reach Neustadt by telephone and email Tuesday failed. The possibility of Diaw accepting a buyout was briefly raised in the French sports daily L'Equipe. Diaw is from France.

Under a buyout, Diaw would agree to reduce his remaining guarantee by some number, in return for the Bobcats waiving him in time for him to sign elsewhere and be playoff-eligible on a new roster. Diaw would have to be waived by March 23 for that to happen.

Diaw is the Bobcats' second-highest paid player at $9 million, and his contract expires after this season. He hasn't had much impact this season and briefly lost his starting spot at power forward. He's averaging 7.7 points, the first time in his three seasons with the Bobcats he's failed to average double figures.

After Diaw took just four shots in 40 minutes against the New Jersey Nets Sunday, coach Paul Silas said invariably when Diaw passes up shots, some teammate ends up with an inferior shot.

With the Bobcats winning just four of their first 33 games and long out of playoff contention, it appears likely Silas would turn to younger power forwards Tyrus Thomas and D.J. White over Diaw the rest of the season.

However, any serious discussion of buying out Diaw's contract makes no sense until the NBA trade deadline expires March 15.

"No question,'' Higgins confirmed. "Those conversations, if they happen, would happen after the deadline.''

Diaw's expiring contract means he has some trade value, particularly to a contender who would effectively rent him the rest of the season. However, trading Diaw could be problematic since it's unlikely a team could absorb his salary under NBA trade rules without sending a similar salary to the Bobcats.

The Bobcats are committed to maintaining salary-cap flexibility next summer. They could be as much as $21 million under the cap when free-agency starts in July. They would be looking for a draft choice or a young player if they were to trade Diaw.

Asked if he'd like to be traded, or would be receptive to a buyout, Diaw was noncommittal Tuesday morning.

"We don't control that,'' Diaw said of trade possibilities. "Everybody wants to make the playoffs and win, but there is some work to do here, too. We can get this team to be better, and right now I'm trying to do that.''

Diaw had a white-hot start to the season (especially as a rebounder) but has completely fallen off the face of the earth, being one of two Bobcats (Gana Diop) to register DNP-CDs in last night's win over Orlando. His trade value has never been lower, and it sounds like a buyout is possible -- if not probable.

spreedom
03-07-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/1141927--toronto-raptors-planning-to-cut-ties-with-guard-anthony-carter

Now the rampant speculation can begin.

It won’t necessarily be right but it will begin.

The Raptors are planning to cut ties with veteran point guard Anthony Carter, a move that will either mean a minor transaction or the opening of a roster spot just ahead of the March 15 NBA trade deadline.

But nothing is imminent and not too much should be read into the move to end Carter’s half-season with the team.

The 36-year-old was brought in to provide some veteran leadership and help new coach Dwane Casey get his “culture change” message through to the team.

That accomplished, Carter has now left the team and, according to a Raptors source, they will try to trade him to a playoff contender for a bit piece — a player with no long-term contractual obligations — or simply waive him and have an open roster spot to play with.

That decision hasn’t been made yet and likely won’t for a few days, giving Carter and his agent a chance to find a new home with a team that might give the Raptors something like a relatively insignificant second-round draft pick.

The more likely scenario is that Carter clears waivers and the Raptors have an open roster spot to use on a young point guard to play behind Jose Calderon and Jerryd Bayless.

Looks like the teams that are out of the race might be starting to make moves. Carter and Diaw aren't great players by any stretch, but both have experience as parts of playoff teams and could provide depth for teams in need.

(BTW, if you're not looking for articles about signings/releases I will stop posting articles about these types of moves)

able
03-07-2012, 11:05 AM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/1141927--toronto-raptors-planning-to-cut-ties-with-guard-anthony-carter

Looks like the teams that are out of the race might be starting to make moves. Carter and Diaw aren't great players by any stretch, but both have experience as parts of playoff teams and could provide depth for teams in need.

(BTW, if you're not looking for articles about signings/releases I will stop posting articles about these types of moves)

IMO that is a significant part of what this thread is about, a question like "would they take a 2nd round pick for Diaw and would you want him for that", is a legit question in light of these postings, but asking if granger for t-mac is an idea belongs in the trade forum.

Pig Nash
03-07-2012, 12:20 PM
So any trade speculation has to go there now too? Or any back and forth as to whether the players in a deal would be of similar value? I didn't see a lot of random, could we trade Granger for that guy or this guy, I saw a lot of posts about supposedly available players and whether we had the expendable assets to acquire them. If that has to be the trade board, then so be it.

Ownagedood
03-07-2012, 12:35 PM
So any trade speculation has to go there now too? Or any back and forth as to whether the players in a deal would be of similar value? I didn't see a lot of random, could we trade Granger for that guy or this guy, I saw a lot of posts about supposedly available players and whether we had the expendable assets to acquire them. If that has to be the trade board, then so be it.

Basically this thread is reserved for real rumors/news coming from anylists or others that are on "the inside"... Not for us to just chat about trades that aren't actually happening.

This is restricted to real things going on in the league... The other thread is fit for just about anything, to discuss our wishes. Whether they be realistic or not, we should keep most of our talk out of this thread if it doesn't have a legit source saying something is a true possibility to happen.

-Sorry to post Able, thought i may be of help to clear things up.

EDIT:

Chris Broussard of ESPN: "The talk is that the Lakers are trying to hit a homerun with Pau Gasol, but people feel like they're not going to get that deal. They should just take what Houston is willing to give, which is a nice package of Kevin Martin, Goran Dragic, Luis Scola and maybe Houston's first round pick. … Right next door, the Clippers were offered Jamal Crawford for Eric Bledsoe … and they have their eye on Ray Allen."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-11061250

Derek2k3
03-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Solomon Jones May Stay In New Orleans (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors)
Solomon Jones' second 10-day contract expires after Wednesday's game and the team must decide to let him go or sign him to a rest-of-season contract.

The Hornets aren't sure when Emeka Okafor will return to the lineup and according to The Times-Picayune, head coach Monty Williams said "there is a good chance" Jones will be kept for the remainder of the season.

"That's not in my control," Jones said. "The only thing I can do is play and help my team win."

Jones is averaging 6.1 points and 3.9 rebounds since he signed the first 10-day contract.

yoadknux
03-07-2012, 12:43 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?id=24243&display=comment&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2ffeatures%2frumors%3fid%3d24243%26display%3dcomm ent

I can't access the article, but the description says "Vogel trusts Bird and Morway, The Pacers will probably make a trade."

Can anyone post the article?

PGisthefuture
03-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Vogel trusts Bird and Morway
7:50
AM ET
Frank Vogel | Pacers
TopEmailComments

The Indiana Pacers could use talent upgrades at a few positions and they have $14.27 million in cap room.

Head coach Frank Vogel could use another big man, however, he's not going to demand anything from the front office.

"I've got a great deal of faith and confidence in Larry Bird and (general manger) David Morway, and whatever they feel they need, it's their team," Vogel tells The Indianapolis Star. "I'm just here to coach it. I've got a great deal of confidence in Lou Amundson; he's been playing really good basketball for us. If we need to extend his minutes, I'm fine with that."

Each NBA team must have a minimum cap number of at least $46.435 million this season and the Pacers are currently below that amount by $2.66 million.

One reported target of the Pacers is New Orleans Hornets center Chris Kaman.

There we go.

Pig Nash
03-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Basically this thread is reserved for real rumors/news coming from anylists or others that are on "the inside"... Not for us to just chat about trades that aren't actually happening.

This is restricted to real things going on in the league... The other thread is fit for just about anything, to discuss our wishes. Whether they be realistic or not, we should keep most of our talk out of this thread if it doesn't have a legit source saying something is a true possibility to happen

Other thread is locked.

Ratking
03-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Vogel saying he has confidence in extending Lou Amundson's minutes...sounds like Hans might be on the trading block for real.

xIndyFan
03-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Vogel saying he has confidence in extending Lou Amundson's minutes...sounds like Hans might be on the trading block for real.

extending lou's minutes is a good idea. a place to start would be letting roy sit some more. he seems to be playing too many minutes. roy's effectiveness drops off big time after 30 or so mpg.

edit: delete this if this type of comment is not ok.

CableKC
03-07-2012, 01:29 PM
There's a rumor that Hansbrough is on the Trading Block?

Cuz extending minutes for Amundson doesn't necessarily mean that Hansbrough is on the Block. It just means that Vogel probably thinks that Amundson is doing better than Hansbrough for now and that he deserves more minutes.

Ratking
03-07-2012, 01:36 PM
There's a rumor that Hansbrough is on the Trading Block?

Cuz extending minutes for Amundson doesn't necessarily mean that Hansbrough is on the Block. It just means that Vogel probably thinks that Amundson is doing better than Hansbrough for now and that he deserves more minutes.

In the context of the full quote from Vogel, in which he first mentions that he has faith in Bird and Morway's decisions, then follows it up with being fine with extending Lou's minutes, it just stood out to me. Sounds like he's refering to having to extend Lou's minutes after decisions made by Bird and Morway, as in possibly trading Hans. But maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see in that quote.

Speed
03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
The Lou comment from Vogel is because Jeff is out and the speculation is that Bird may make a move to replace Jeff, since he's not healthy. Vogel is saying I have confidence in Lou. These comments have nothing to do with Tyler in anyway, imo.

Ratking
03-07-2012, 01:54 PM
The Lou comment from Vogel is because Jeff is out and the speculation is that Bird may make a move to replace Jeff, since he's not healthy. Vogel is saying I have confidence in Lou. These comments have nothing to do with Tyler in anyway, imo.

Ah, that makes sense. You're probably right. Giving it more thought, it would be ridiculous of Vogel to leak something like a Hans trade.

yoadknux
03-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Nets Could Begin Trading Assets If Magic Keep Howard

Brook Lopez will miss the next three weeks due to a sprained ankle, but the Nets intend to still remain active in trade talks before the March 15th deadline.

Lopez has been the centerpiece of trade discussions with the Magic for Dwight Howard.

“I know the speculation is, ‘What do we do now?’ ’’ King said. “But we’ve got a good young center (in Lopez); we’ve got a great point guard (Deron Williams). There’s other things I’ll look to do.

“We have flexibility cap-wise,’’ King continued. “But at the end of the day, I want a healthy Brook Lopez and (don’t want to) worry about making trades at this point in regards of moving Brook Lopez. It’s about trying to add to this team.’’

King said he will “look at other things that I was already talking about doing with other teams’’ before the deadline.

“I had some things on the table that I’m exploring that will maybe create more cap space for us in the future — maybe bring some more players or some key pieces as we go forward,’’ he said.

If it is clear the Magic will keep Howard, the Nets may begin selling off assets that don't figure in their long-term plans.

Mehmet Okur, DeShawn Stevenson, Kris Humphries, Sundiata Gaines, Shelden Williams and Damion James are all on expiring deals.

Morrow and Farmar are guys we could use off the bench

cdash
03-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't really understand the problem with the other thread on this subject, but okay! Round two, let's do it.

BillS
03-07-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't really understand the problem with the other thread on this subject, but okay! Round two, let's do it.

The other thread degenerated into proposed trades and lots of commentary on them instead of being published rumors and articles and associated commentary.

Speed
03-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Morrow and Farmar are guys we could use off the bench

Humphries is really underated, imo. If Tyler does get used in a larger trade, I'd jump to get him as his replacement, even as a rental.

Ace E.Anderson
03-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Humphries is really underated, imo. If Tyler does get used in a larger trade, I'd jump to get him as his replacement, even as a rental.

I was against signing Humphries in the offseason, but have really come around on his game. I think he would be a GREAT compliment to our team, esp Roy. If we could somehow manage to turn Hans and some Cap room into Morrow and Humphries, I think we would be in good shape moving forward.

Speed
03-07-2012, 03:11 PM
I was against signing Humphries in the offseason, but have really come around on his game. I think he would be a GREAT compliment to our team, esp Roy. If we could somehow manage to turn Hans and some Cap room into Morrow and Humphries, I think we would be in good shape moving forward.

I think he got a bad rap on the court for his off the court celeb, maybe. I also think he's improving, especially offensively. He' going to be a top 10 rebounder, its just a matter if he plays defense consistently and how much he can continue to improve. I like his game, it would be interesting to see what he'd do on a good team. I'm always leary of those guys.

Also, seeing him interact with the other Nets players, I think he's likely a good teammate, but I don't know that for sure, but that was the impression I have gotten.

Ace E.Anderson
03-07-2012, 03:15 PM
I think he got a bad rap on the court for his off the court celeb, maybe. I also think he's improving, especially offensively. He' going to be a top 10 rebounder, its just a matter if he plays defense consistently and how much he can continue to improve. I like his game, it would be interesting to see what he'd do on a good team. I'm always leary of those guys.

Also, seeing him interact with the other Nets players, I think he's likely a good teammate, but I don't know that for sure, but that was the impression I have gotten.

This is true, but with what we've seen of Hans this year, it may be worth finding out how good a player like Humphries could be. (not a Tyler hater, but I think it's obvious he is not the future for us at that position) Humphries is fairly inexpensive, and if he doesn't work maybe we sign another player OR we draft a young athletic PF.

Aside from PG, I feel like our second biggest need is an athletic 4 man.

yoadknux
03-07-2012, 03:26 PM
I didn't mention Humph because he has more trade value than Morrow/Farmar.
They don't really have a reason to trade him.

pacergod2
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM

I don't think the Nets really want to afford Humphries but he was too good not to bring back and he seemingly wanted to be in NY. He seems like a guy who is all about the bigger cities, IMO. When he was a younger kid he was very brash and arrogant, to where it hurt his relationships with a lot of other ballers his age. That is a big reason why he is one of the more disliked players in the league.

As for his talent, he really has improved his shot blocking over the last year and a half. That was my biggest concern with going after him in the off-season, where he would just be a more expensive replica of Tyler. I think if we could make a deal with the Nets for him, it would be a great fit for a playoff run. We would have West, Hibbert, Humphries, and Hansborough, all tough players who are pretty physical. That is a lot of rebounding and beef up front for teams to deal with. I would love to swing something for the guy, especially since the Nets would rescind his Bird Rights in order to sign someone else this off-season anyway.

I think he could really do well coming off the bench for us and give us some shot blocking we lack in the front court outside of Hibbert. It might also allow us to send Hansborough and Collison out in a trade for an upgrade at PG.

He would obviously prevent us from going out and getting Kaman, who is a country boy at heart and would probably love to play in Indy, depending on his role I'm sure.

diamonddave00
03-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Ford: Timberwolves Talking With Blazers; Pacers Eye Crawford?

A couple of NBA trade rumor notes from a Chad Ford chat at ESPN.com, including buzz surrounding Portland Trail Blazers guard Jamal Crawford...
---------------------------
David Kahn really wants this [Timberwolves] team to make the playoffs. Whether that's [Michael] Beasley, [Luke] Ridnour or even someone like Derrick Williams, I think they make a move ... [Jamal] Crawford can opt out of his deal this summer so he won't cost much. I think the Blazers and Wolves are talking about a swap for [Luke] Ridnour.

On the Indiana Pacers

I don't think they are actively trying to shake up the team. [Chris] Kaman and [O.J.] Mayo, however, are both players they're interested in. Jamal Crawford as well.

Ownagedood
03-07-2012, 03:43 PM
I would love to have Mayo, Crawford or Kaman added to this team... We can't give up much for them other than money though.

Unless we make seperate moves to fill in the holes.

Speed
03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
It will be interesting if they keep losing up to the deadline, its possible. Not that Bird would make a knee-jerk reaction, but if he sees they aren't playoff ready and he can add a piece, I'm not sure the whole idea that they want to stay put is as a sure thing as it was coming off a 6 game win streak.

I do see the Crawford and Mayo thing in play, again. Morway/Bird find guys they like and don't seem to waiver. I'm not sure either guy is the answer here, honestly.

They really miss Jeff Foster and need another big, imo. Maybe a more accurate statement is they miss Tyler Hansbrough.

I think AJs minutes start to go away and we'll see a tigher rotation featuring more George Hill. They did that last night, it seemed. I'm fine with more George Hill as he rounds back into form, I'd like to see them pick up another rotation big.

Nothing against Lou, love the guy, but I'm not sure he's an every night guy, not unles we get back Tyler from this time last year. When Tyler is not giving them what he did last year, Lou's minutes become more difficult to swallow, imo. Kamen would be a really nice fit, unless someone locates Tylers game, then I think they are good.

RLeWorm
03-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Ford: Timberwolves Talking With Blazers; Pacers Eye Crawford?

A couple of NBA trade rumor notes from a Chad Ford chat at ESPN.com, including buzz surrounding Portland Trail Blazers guard Jamal Crawford...
---------------------------
David Kahn really wants this [Timberwolves] team to make the playoffs. Whether that's [Michael] Beasley, [Luke] Ridnour or even someone like Derrick Williams, I think they make a move ... [Jamal] Crawford can opt out of his deal this summer so he won't cost much. I think the Blazers and Wolves are talking about a swap for [Luke] Ridnour.

On the Indiana Pacers

I don't think they are actively trying to shake up the team. [Chris] Kaman and [O.J.] Mayo, however, are both players they're interested in. Jamal Crawford as well.

ewwww, i don't want crawford. Was happy as hell when he chose portland. Look what he has done for them. NOTHING.

Lance George
03-07-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm fully expecting the next round of "O.J. Mayo to the Pacers" to start up any day now. I'm being completely serious.

McKeyFan
03-07-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm glad Able started this thread.

We need a trade thread linked to viable rumors with documented links.

That said, I think there is also room for a wild rumor thread with no documentation, and I wish it weren't buried in the trade forum. I wish the other thread were re-opened. It especially makes sense during the next two weeks when so much discussion revolves around potential trades.

And let's not forget, Uncle Buck trumped all the "insiders" and legitimate rumor makers a few years back when he proposed we pick up Marquis Daniels. What's he do, sell insurance?

Ace E.Anderson
03-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm fully expecting the next round of "O.J. Mayo to the Pacers" to start up any day now. I'm being completely serious.

For what it's worth; If we somehow got Mayo, I'd have to think he'd have to come to Indy feeling pretty good that Larry Bird thinks that highly of him to attempt to trade for him on 3 separate occasions.

CableKC
03-07-2012, 05:28 PM
My guess is that it will come down to the Teams that have the Capspace to absorb Mayo outright.....so that leaves the Cavs, Kings and Pacers.

I can see the Cavs being interested in him...the Kings..not so much.

The question to JCRaw or Mayo is whether you'd be willing to give up a 1st round pick for him.

Trophy
03-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm hoping we can actually get Mayo this time and I wouldn't be surprised if Bird does try to get him for a 3rd time.

However, I'll believe it when I see it.

CableKC
03-07-2012, 05:50 PM
BTW....the Grizzlies are at $70 mil. What's the LT set at?

Is it $69 mil?

rel
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Is Mayo actually available? I thought last I heard was he was actually settling in the bench role and playing well for the Grizz

Justin Tyme
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
The other thread degenerated into proposed trades and lots of commentary on them instead of being published rumors and articles and associated commentary.

This thread right after you made this post jumped into wanting Humphries. Where is that rumor as I haven't seen one?

Justin Tyme
03-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Is Mayo actually available? I thought last I heard was he was actually settling in the bench role and playing well for the Grizz

He is. He's usually the 1st off the bench. I'm not saying it's impossible to get Mayo, but with the way he's playing it will be hard to get him for just Cap Space only. If they indeed decide to move him, I expect Memphis to ask for a 1st and/or plus.

vnzla81
03-07-2012, 06:11 PM
This thread right after you made this post jumped into wanting Humphries. Where is that rumor as I haven't seen one?

Yep this thread is the same as the other thread :unimpress

Hibbert
03-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Lamar Odom? Yes I know what his situation is like but that's why I would be interested cause he could be had for cheap. He does have an additional year on his salary after this year I do believe but we could take on his salary in full and still have room to resign Roy and Hill. If he doesn't work out after the year than he is an expiring contract we can offer up in a trade and teams would be interested. Has he been mentioned in any rumors as to the Mavs are looking/willing to deal him?

Lance George
03-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Mayo's not playing much different than he was last year, with nearly the exact same minutes. If they were willing to part with him last season and this past offseason, I'm not sure why they wouldn't be now.

The only things I can think of is that they thought Xavier Henry would be an adequate replacement, but with him now gone, they need to keep Mayo. I have a hard time believing they saw that much in Henry after his terrible rookie season. Also, they've brought in Mo Speights, so the need for another big is diminished.

3 8 thee great t h
03-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Can someone explain to me how our cap space and when a players contracts when the come over work....

For example if we have 14 mil and we get kaman who's contract is 14 mil bug has already been paid some money already so do we 0 cap left or do we have the remainder of his money given and money not. Lemm just show it not to confuse ones

14 mil in cap space Minus
8/14 mil given to kaman this season
8 mil remaining in cap after absorbing the contract

Hope this makes sense

BillS
03-07-2012, 06:48 PM

Yep. Hope springs eternal *sigh*

NapTonius Monk
03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Can someone explain to me how our cap space and when a players contracts when the come over work....

For example if we have 14 mil and we get kaman who's contract is 14 mil bug has already been paid some money already so do we 0 cap left or do we have the remainder of his money given and money not. Lemm just show it not to confuse ones

Hope this makes sense
So you're asking if we get Kaman, would we absorb his pro-rated contract, taking into account what he has already been paid, thus leaving the difference as usable cap space for this season? If so, the answer is ..... I don't know. ;)

vnzla81
03-07-2012, 06:53 PM

The proposed trades on that other thread were related to the rumors posted on the thread, I don't see what is the big deal.

vnzla81
03-07-2012, 07:01 PM
It makes sence to me, Harris+Milsap for DJ+DC? are you kidding me? where do I need to sign? :signit:

Steve Kyler‏@stevekylerNBAReply

RT @bamaben4: Does Darren Collison & Dahntay Jones for Milsap & Devin Harris make sense for either or both teams? ---> Not for Indy.

Sparhawk
03-07-2012, 07:10 PM
It makes sence to me, Harris+Milsap for DJ+DC? are you kidding me? where do I need to sign? :signit:

Holy crap, I'd do that!

Lance George
03-07-2012, 07:14 PM
That would be thievery on our part. I don't think Utah's management is that stupid.

CableKC
03-07-2012, 07:16 PM
So you're asking if we get Kaman, would we absorb his pro-rated contract, taking into account what he has already been paid, thus leaving the difference as usable cap space for this season? If so, the answer is ..... I don't know. ;)
My guess is that his whole contract would impact the Salary Cap ( as in $12 mil ) will appear and count towards the 2012-2013 year...but however much he has played and how much he is actually owed ( let's say $6 mil is still owed for the 30+ games he has to play )...will be paid by the Pacers.

Pacer Fan
03-07-2012, 07:22 PM

Hope this makes sense

The remainder of his contract of 14mil has to be paid by the receiving team.
The 14mil salary goes against the cap, so the Pacers cap would be gone for the remainder of the season if all they do is get Kaman and no out going players are involved.

One catch tho, his original salary was 12.7mil when he got traded to Hornets he got an additional 1.3mil in a trade clause he had. For my understanding the trade clause does not go against the overall salary cap when he went to the Hornets. So he was traded to the Hornets at a 12.7mil salary. If he is traded to the Pacers it is now the full 14mil.

Hope this helps!

Hibbert
03-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Can someone who has ESPN Insider please post this article? Thank you very much.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?page=PERDiem-120307&_slug_=nba-players-teams-trade-for&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fstory%3fpage%3dPERDiem-120307%26_slug_%3dnba-players-teams-trade-for

PacerPenguins
03-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Can someone who has ESPN Insider please post this article? Thank you very much.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?page=PERDiem-120307&_slug_=nba-players-teams-trade-for&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fstory%3fpage%3dPERDiem-120307%26_slug_%3dnba-players-teams-trade-for

nothing really about the pacers but here u go

First, the bad news: I'm not sure we're going to have as many trades this year as you might have hoped. The Magic are unlikely to move Dwight Howard, the Suns are reluctant to move Steve Nash and virtually every front office exec I've talked to has described things as more quiet than usual.

With all that said, we still have nine days until the trade deadline, and veritable torrents of water can go under the bridge between now and then. Obviously, Howard and Nash remain the focal points, but today I wanted to dig a little deeper.

There's a second category of trades that a few teams specialize in, and it's one that's especially useful for teams trying to fill out a roster or rebuilding squads looking to build their talent base. I call it "body snatching," but the big-picture idea is to grab a promising player who has fallen out of favor with his current team. Often these players are available as throw-ins to a larger trade, and can represent some great value.

Take Portland for instance. Everybody knows the Blazers are looking at assorted deals, especially for point guards, and would move valuable pieces to get them. And everybody, obviously, will ask for Nic Batum first. But what of Luke Babbitt and Elliot Williams? Those are two other promising players who have gotten very little run in Portland, and for that reason they might be had cheaply. Babbitt hasn't done jack in the NBA but put up huge numbers in the D-League; most players who do that eventually become respectable pros.

As for Williams, the 22-year-old guard has just played some brief snippets this year after missing all of last season, but looked quite capable in his limited cameos. A scoring, slashing wing, he's a useful source of bench scoring on the right team.

Those are two guys I'd be looking at if I were cutting a deal. Let me introduce you to a few other names that might make sense:

Lopez
Robin Lopez: Aside from all the Nash business, Phoenix is looking to dump its bad contracts. One option for a team dealing with the Suns is to ask for Lopez as the price of taking on a Hakim Warrick or a Josh Childress. From Phoenix's perspective it makes some sense too, as Marcin Gortat has taken over as the starting center and the Suns could make Channing Frye a fulltime backup 5 -- the spot where he's always played best.

As a 23-year-old 7-footer Lopez obviously has some value; he may not be the league's most mobile big man but he plays hard and scores around the basket. The lone drawback is that the team acquiring him also needs to pay him; he's a restricted free agent after the season.

Budinger
Chase Budinger and Marcus Morris: Houston is heavily in the hunt for star talent, and these two would be near the top of my list if I were dealing with the Rockets. Budinger has fallen out of favor because of his defensive shortcomings -- it's very difficult to pair him on the wings with Kevin Martin, especially since they don't exactly have Bill Russell playing behind them -- but he can score and has arguably the best contract in the league ($885K next season). Morris was the 14th overall pick and thrashed the D-League during a brief stint down there, but has played only 19 minutes for the parent club after second-round pick Chandler Parsons beat him out.

Daye
Austin Daye: The background stuff is all good -- Daye is 23, under contract for a reasonable $2.9 million for next season and 6-11 with skill. There's just the little matter of his shooting 30.1 percent this season, which has caused him to fall out of Detroit's rotation entirely. I can't just dismiss a 400-minute sample with a 6.67 PER; on the other hand, he was a viable rotation player in his first two seasons, and I have to think the Pistons' glut of combo-forward types has made it more difficult for him to gain traction. A change of scenery might be good for everybody.

Farmer
Jordan Farmar: I've always been intrigued by Farmar's talent but he seemed to be heading nowhere fast. This year he's finally figured things out, it seems, averaging 19.5 points per 40 minutes and blowing away his career best in true shooting percentage at 60.0. Unfortunately, he's also backing up Deron Williams and would be better served by going someplace where he could start.

He's still just 25 and has a favorable contract, although he may opt out of it and become a free agent; if so, keep an eye on him as an under-the-radar free agent. In the meantime, it's worth investigating if he can be had as a rider to any blockbuster deal involving the Nets and an unnamed Florida franchise.

Thomas
Tyrus Thomas: A "pay me to take him" type because of a contract that pays him $25 million over the three years after this one, Thomas nonetheless might be intriguing for the right team. He was devastatingly effective a year ago but has been suddenly awful this season, partly because he's played out of position at the 3 and partly because, well, he's been awful. He can be a handful, too. On the other hand he's only 25 years old and averaged nearly a point every two minutes a year ago; his 8.53 PER this year is dreadful but I have a hard time believing he's truly become this bad this quickly.

Brackins
Craig Brackins: OK, does anyone have any idea if this guy can play? Any at all? He's been in the NBA for two years but played a total of 60 minutes for the Sixers. With Philly's roster overstocked in the combo forward department, I don't see many more minutes in his future, and the Sixers didn't pick up his option for 2012-13. His D-League numbers from 18 games last season suggest he might be a useful pick-and-pop weapon; I'd imagine he'd be worth a flier for a rebuilding team.

Harris
Tobias Harris and Jon Leuer: File this under "we'll take Stephen Jackson IF …" Milwaukee's two rookies have both been very productive in limited minutes; Harris is obviously the more alluring of the two due to his youth and upside, but Leuer is a solid player, too -- a low-mistake, midrange shooting big who has the potential to develop a 3-point game. Both have PERs above the league average in limited minutes this year, and obviously getting one or both would make it much easier to swallow the $10 million Cap'n Jack is owed next year.

Randolph
Anthony Randolph: I know what you're thinking: been there, done that. But Randolph still may be worth a flier. His per-minute production remains extremely high; this season he's shooting a career-best 50.6 percent, and in four seasons he's never had a PER below 16.

The Wolves seem in fairly good shape at the power forward position and would appear to have no need to keep Randolph beyond this season, but as a running 4 (or even a 5) in the right system Randolph should be able to thrive -- provided he can ditch that eyes-glazed-over routine and do a more convincing job of trying at both ends. He's still just 22, and the potential is obvious. With his being a restricted free agent after the season, the risk is also very low if he's obtained cheaply.

Douglas
Toney Douglas: It's not working out in New York, but I still think he can play, just not at point guard in a pick-and-roll-heavy system. Douglas forgot how to shoot this year (31.8 percent overall, 23.5 percent on 3s), but his two seasons before that he shot in the high 30s on 3s, suggesting he can be a lot more effective as a spot-up shooter if another ball handler is around to handle the decision-making. And defensively, Douglas is potentially very good. He's still too manic and plays guys too close, but he can defend both guard positions; he also still has one year left on a very favorable rookie contract.

Lance George
03-07-2012, 08:00 PM
I'd love to take a flier on Anthony Randolph is he came fairly cheap. He'd be a great low-risk, high-reward pickup, and, honestly, I don't see how he could possibly be as bad as Hansbrough has been this season.

Pacergeek
03-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I think we should do everything we can to get Boris Diaw. He is a team guy that could give us quality minutes. What I love about Diaw, is his passing abilty. He would be an outstanding facilitator with our second unit. With Tyler's sub-par play, you could put Diaw in as our backup PF.

Pacergeek
03-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I'd love to take a flier on Anthony Randolph is he came fairly cheap. He'd be a great low-risk, high-reward pickup, and, honestly, I don't see how he could possibly be as bad as Hansbrough has been this season.

Randolph is talented, but Danny and Randolph don't get along. I don't think this would be a good chemistry fit.

Hypnotiq
03-07-2012, 08:12 PM
I think we should do everything we can to get Boris Diaw. He is a team guy that could give us quality minutes. What I love about Diaw, is his passing abilty. He would be an outstanding facilitator with our second unit. With Tyler's sub-par play, you could put Diaw in as our backup PF.
i hope your joking diaw is fat and awful

Pacergeek
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM

I am not joking. I don't consider any player that is a triple-double threat on any given night as awful. Don't judge him on his play this season. He is stuck on the worst team in basketball, and has clearly mailed it in. Put him on a good team, and Boris would be a solid contributor.

RLeWorm
03-07-2012, 08:24 PM

crawford isn't fat but he is awful

xBulletproof
03-07-2012, 08:50 PM
I am not joking. I don't consider any player that is a triple-double threat on any given night as awful. Don't judge him on his play this season. He is stuck on the worst team in basketball, and has clearly mailed it in. Put him on a good team, and Boris would be a solid contributor.

For most of his career he hasn't averaged a single double. Im not sure I would call him a triple double threat.

I would take him over Tyler right now though.

Justin Tyme
03-07-2012, 08:53 PM
I have a hard time believing they saw that much in Henry after his terrible rookie season.

I guess you must not know Henry started over Mayo last year b4 he got injured and was out the rest of the season. Mayo was extremely upset over Henry starting over him.

CableKC
03-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Robin Lopez - Pass if the price is to take on Warrick's contract. I'd rather wait and make him a contract offer when he becomes a RFA and see if the Suns blink...which would likely be the case.

Chase Budinger - I don't mind adding him as as scorer to the bench that can play the SF spot......but the question is how much the price is.

Austin Daye - Likely pass...based off of KStats assessment of him.

Jordan Farmar: I'd take him on only if the Nets sent an additional 1st for him.

Tyrus Thomas: Pass, he's too much of an impact on the salary cap for the foreseeable future and is injury prone.

Craig Brackins: Have no clue about him. Was he one of Seth's Players that he scouted?

Tobias Harris and Jon Leuer: pass if the cost is SJAX

Anthony Randolph: Pass unless he could be had for cheap.

Toney Douglas: Pass unless he could be had for cheap.

Hypnotiq
03-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Over the offseason, the Indiana Pacers were pursuing some of the top free agent centers such as Nene and Marc Gasol. Larry Bird, Indiana’s president of basketball operations, met with Nene in Denver. There was a rumor that the Pacers had offered Roy Hibbert to the Memphis Grizzlies in a sign-and-trade for Gasol.

we did that ??

yoadknux
03-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Over the offseason, the Indiana Pacers were pursuing some of the top free agent centers such as Nene and Marc Gasol. Larry Bird, Indiana’s president of basketball operations, met with Nene in Denver. There was a rumor that the Pacers had offered Roy Hibbert to the Memphis Grizzlies in a sign-and-trade for Gasol.

we did that ??
where did you read it?

Hibbert
03-07-2012, 09:26 PM

we did that ??

No, none of what you just posted has a single ounce of truth to it.

vnzla81
03-07-2012, 09:28 PM

Larry had a meeting with Nene in Denver that's true.

spreedom
03-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Lamar Odom? Yes I know what his situation is like but that's why I would be interested cause he could be had for cheap. He does have an additional year on his salary after this year I do believe but we could take on his salary in full and still have room to resign Roy and Hill. If he doesn't work out after the year than he is an expiring contract we can offer up in a trade and teams would be interested. Has he been mentioned in any rumors as to the Mavs are looking/willing to deal him?

Pretty sure the Mavs are going to want at least a first-rounder for him. Cuban said recently that they don't have any plans to buy him out or trade him. And with Dallas hoping to make another playoff run this year, I'd guess they aren't going to trade him at all.

Pacer Fan
03-07-2012, 09:42 PM

I just happened to run across this looking for rumors, not sure how much credence this has.

Hibbert, Pacers Make Huge Strides: Over the offseason, the Indiana Pacers were pursuing some of the top free agent centers such as Nene and Marc Gasol. Larry Bird, Indiana’s president of basketball operations, met with Nene in Denver. There was a rumor that the Pacers had offered Roy Hibbert to the Memphis Grizzlies in a sign-and-trade for Gasol.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-miami-signing-rasheed-wallace

spreedom
03-07-2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/andray-blatches-extension-haunts-him-and-the-wizards/2012/03/06/gIQAvPqivR_story.html

Andray Blatche’s extension haunts him and the Wizards

In hindsight, the Washington Wizards’ forward thinking was probably a mistake. Back in the summer of 2010, the Wizards were looking ahead two summers when they signed Andray Blatche to a three-year, $28 million extension that would keep him with the franchise through the 2014-15 season.

At the time, Blatche had two seasons left on his deal and was slated to become an unrestricted free agent in 2012. Fearing there might be a lockout that would wipe out the entire 2011-12 season, Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld made a bold move and locked up the versatile, 6-foot-11 big man who was coming off an impressive two-month statistical stretch. He even structured the deal to ensure that Blatche would receive an early salary bump.

The alternative was letting Blatche play out his deal — in which he would’ve earned $3.52 million in the last season — and risk letting him walk without compensation.

Right now, that would likely be the preferred option for both sides, as the Wizards have aggressively sought to move Blatche by the March 15 deadline and fans at Verizon Center have soured on Blatche to the point that he is booed every time he enters the game, touches the ball or makes a mistake.

A separation is probably best for Blatche and the team, and he recently admitted that he wouldn’t let the speculation surrounding his future affect his play. “I’ve been here for seven years. I’ve seen a lot of people come and go,” Blatche said. “If in any way and form they feel like it’s time for me to go, it’s part of the business. No hard feelings in this at all.”

Grunfeld declined to comment when asked specifically about Blatche on Tuesday, but he acknowledged that the Wizards have actively spoken with several teams about possible deals. In the past two seasons, the Wizards have dealt Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, DeShawn Stevenson and Kirk Hinrich near the trade deadline, with those deals yielding current starters Trevor Booker, Jordan Crawford and Chris Singleton.

“Before the trade deadline, it’s always very busy. There’s a lot of conversations,” Grunfeld said. “We’ve been busy the last two trade deadlines. A lot of things have happened. We’ll continue to work the phones and see if there are some opportunities there. But I think things will get busier as the week progresses. But will anything happen? Only time will tell.”

If the Wizards are unable to deal Blatche, they would still have at their disposal the amnesty provision, which would allow them to waive a player, pay him the remainder of his salary but have the contract removed from the salary cap. But they wouldn’t be able to make such a decision until before next season.

Injuries and other distractions have prohibited Blatche from building upon that impressive two-month stretch late in the 2009-10 season — in which he averaged 22.1 points, 8.3 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 1.5 steals. He had a broken foot when the deal was signed, arrived in training camp out of shape last season, struggled with injuries and poor conditioning and even got into an altercation with JaVale McGee at a local club.

After pledging to make amends for past indiscretions and assuming more of a leadership role this season, Blatche got off to a rough start this season when he complained about his role in the offense after the first game. He started getting booed in pregame introductions before he was eventually benched, then missed five weeks with a strained left calf, setting up an even more hostile environment at Verizon Center when he returned.

Blatche now has to work out the rust of not playing for several weeks as his every move is the source of derision for the home fans. The jeers reached an all-time high on Monday against Golden State, as Blatche finished with four points and four rebounds, lost a battle for a rebound with 5-9 guard Nate Robinson and looked confused and short on confidence.

“Every time I touch the ball, I’m second-guessing. I’m trying to avoid the boos. Trying to play a perfect game so I don’t have to hear it so I can help my team win,” said Blatche, who is averaging just 9.5 points and shooting a career-low 37.3 percent this season. “It’s got to the point now where I come in and sub and the boos are coming. It’s not even a point of giving me a chance. I’m going to continue to try and work. Hopefully something will happen for me. I don’t know.”

Coach Randy Wittman has encouraged Blatche to play through the ridicule but with more expected to come when the Wizards host the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday, he shrugged when asked how that’s possible.

“It happens. You hate it. Like I said, the fans, I’d never do something like that to a team I’m rooting for, but that’s their — it is what it is,” Wittman said. “I’m sure that’s something that if you walked into the arena every day and that happened to you, you wouldn’t feel too good about yourself.”

I don't have any interest in Blatche whatsoever, but it would be interesting to see him land somewhere with more veteran influence in the locker room.

Hypnotiq
03-07-2012, 10:37 PM
yeah dont think blatche will be going anywhere soon good luck finding a team that wants him

spreedom
03-07-2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/3/7/2851666/nba-trade-deadline-2012-rashard-lewis-contract

NBA Trade Deadline 2012: Rashard Lewis' Contract Buyout Will Cost More Than Expected, According To Report

As has been noted several times, the Washington Wizards will have a chance to get out from under the final year of Rashard Lewis' massive contract next summer by buying him out for a partial amount of the money he's guaranteed. Previous reports suggested that number was around $10 million of his $22.7 million salary, and it was based on incentives that seemed impossible to reach. However, according to Michael Lee, Lewis' buyout number will actually be around $13.7 million due to incentives he hit while with the Orlando Magic.

Lewis has additional incentives for his time with the Wizards that could push his number all the way to $17.25 million, according to Sham Sports, but those appear unlikely to be met. I had been told a while back that the buyout number was always going to be a bit higher than $10 million, but wasn't sure how much more. Now, we know.

It'll be interesting to see if this changes anything or if the Wizards knew this all along. I suspect it's the former. Keep in mind: if the Wizards buy out Lewis, the $13.7 million number still counts against the salary cap. If they choose to use the amnesty clause on Lewis, it'll completely wipe that number off the cap, though the Wizards would still need to pay him.

Only thing is, using the clause on Lewis would mean the team wouldn't use it on Andray Blatche, who has three years and $23.4 million left on his deal after this year. That, of course, assumes Blatche is still on the team past March 15.

For being a low-salary team, there is a lot of contract status drama in DC. I would be interested in signing Lewis as a backup 3/4 (after he is bought out this summer), probably as an 8th/9th man that comes in to rebound and hit open shots. Despite his poor 3PT shooting this year, he is still very effective off the catch-and-shoot and could have a role on our team.

Hibbert
03-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Larry had a meeting with Nene in Denver that's true.

I thought he was scheduled but never actually went ahead with it, you got a link? Couldn't find one.

vnzla81
03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
I thought he was scheduled but never actually went ahead with it, you got a link? Couldn't find one.

Nope I don't have a link, he went to Denver with Vogel and the coaching staff, everybody here knows that.

Hypnotiq
03-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Lang Greene
Yes, I think Kaman discussion are open for business from everything I’ve heard. I don’tg think Indiana is at the core of those discussions. The chirpring I’ve heard abnout the Pacers recently have all revolved around shooting guard help … not another center.

vnzla81
03-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Lang Greene
Yes, I think Kaman discussion are open for business from everything I’ve heard. I don’tg think Indiana is at the core of those discussions. The chirpring I’ve heard abnout the Pacers recently have all revolved around shooting guard help … not another center.

I hope they are looking for more than just "shooting guard help"

Hibbert
03-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Nope I don't have a link, he went to Denver with Vogel and the coaching staff, everybody here knows that.

With Vogel and the others? Everyone here knows that? Where is the proof that this is actually true? There is nothing that confirms whether the meeting took place just that Bird plans to visit. I heard it never happened.

Ramitt
03-07-2012, 11:15 PM

It would seem at least one person doesn't

spreedom
03-07-2012, 11:17 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/reports-minnesota-making-push-get-crawford-from-portland/

Reports: Minnesota making push get Crawford from Portland

There are a lot of trade rumors going to fly around the next week, but when you look at them ask yourself this: Do they help both teams? Teams only do deals they think get them closer to a goal.

Portland we know is looking to move Jamal Crawford and get something for him before he opted out this summer and walked away. Portland could use a point guard since Raymond Felton has not blown off anyone’s doors this season. On the other hand, Minnesota has point guards to spare but wants to add scoring punch to make a run into the playoffs (as of right now they are one game out of the last spot in the West).

Minnesota is “making a strong push” to get Crawford, Hoopsworld’s Alex Kennedy reports. How about Luke Ridnour for Crawford? That is one that ESPN’s Chad Ford suggested as possible in his weekly chat. It works in that it gives both teams something they need. Under the new CBA you can do that deal straight up, although Portland may want a second round pick or some other sweetener in the deal.

Not saying that exact deal is happening — Portland is going to have a few offers to sort through for Crawford — but Minnesota is a team to watch in the sweepstakes.

Ridnour or Barea for Crawford both work straight-up for Minnesota. If the Wolves can't get either of those deals done, would anyone be interested in trying to pick one of those guys up to help in the backcourt? My gut tells me that Minnesota would be more interested in trading Barea, because Ridnour has just been better most of the season and is more consistent.

Protected first or a couple of second-round picks for Barea, anyone?

PacerGuy
03-07-2012, 11:18 PM
With Vogel and the others? Everyone here knows that? Where is the proof that this is actually true? There is nothing that confirms whether the meeting took place just that Bird plans to visit. I heard it never happened.

Too lazy to look for a link, but it was Larry, Vogel & Brian Shaw. All 3 went. Mike Wells reported it, as did others.

Hypnotiq
03-07-2012, 11:20 PM
http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/2011/12/06/bird-to-meet-with-nene/

spreedom
03-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Here is the article from the beginning of free agency this past fall. Just to make sure nobody thinks we're meeting with Nene next week.

Bird to meet with Nene

Pacers president Larry Bird is about to go after one of the top free agents on the market.

Bird is scheduled to fly to Denver to meet with Nene on Tuesday, according to sources.

Monday was the first day that teams could talk to free agents.

The biggest question surrounding Nene is whether the Pacers, who will likely be around $21 million under the salary cap, are willing to pay top dollar to sign him.

Nene recently told Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports that it’s “not about the money.”

“Right now I want to happy first,” Nene told Yahoo! Sports. “Two, I want to win. Money? Money, I am going to have because I worked and busted my butt. Money will come.”

The Pacers like Nene because he can play power forward and slide over to center when Roy Hibbert is on the bench.

Hibbert played the role of recruiter while working out with Nene in Texas during the lockout.

“I talked to him and told him how great the city is,” Hibbert said Sunday. “I was telling him we could work well together.”

The Houston Rockets met with Nene on Monday, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Nene averaged 14.5 points and 7.6 rebounds while shooting 62 percent from the field in 75 games last season

The Pacers had a phone conversation with power forward David West, who is coming off knee surgery, on Monday. The 31-year-old former All Star averaged 18.9 points and 7.6 rebounds in 70 games last season with the New Orleans Hornets.

Teams can’t sign or come to an agreement with free agents until Friday.

It says in fact that Hibbert made a pitch to Nene that they could play together. I couldn't find any reports that we offered Hibbert for sure.

90'sNBARocked
03-07-2012, 11:24 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-lang-greene-3712

Tony

Do you think that Indy and NO will revisit the Kaman trade before the deadline? Unfortunately Foster is totally broken down physically, Amundson is performing admirably but I think Kaman makes Hansbrough much more effective on the second unit.

Lang Greene

Hibbert
03-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Here is the article from the beginning of free agency this past fall. Just to make sure nobody thinks we're meeting with Nene next week.

It says in fact that Hibbert made a pitch to Nene that they could play together. I couldn't find any reports that we offered Hibbert for sure.

That states they are scheduled to meet, not that they did meet.

Hibbert
03-07-2012, 11:26 PM

Once again, this states that Bird was to meet with him, not that they did meet.

Pacer Fan
03-07-2012, 11:32 PM

Nene's first meeting on Monday was with Houston and he met with Indiana officials on Tuesday. The Pacers -- who are also very interested in Memphis restricted free agent Marc Gasol, but are unlikely to pry the center away from the Grizzlies -- arrived with front-office members Larry Bird and David Morway as well as coach Frank Vogel and lead assistant Brian Shaw.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/06/nene.tyson.chandler/index.html#ixzz1oUbVOPn3

spreedom
03-07-2012, 11:34 PM

What about that period last fall makes you think they DIDN'T meet when they said they were going to? Aren't you arguing semantics?

PacerGuy
03-07-2012, 11:36 PM

I see someone beat me to one story, so here is another:

http://www.sbnation.com/2011-nba-free-agency/2011/12/7/2617490/nene-indiana-pacers-nba-rumors

A contingent from the Indiana Pacers visited unrestricted free agent center Nene on Tuesday, reports Sam Amick of SI.com

Believe it now?

Professor S
03-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Nene's first meeting on Monday was with Houston and he met with Indiana officials on Tuesday. The Pacers -- who are also very interested in Memphis restricted free agent Marc Gasol, but are unlikely to pry the center away from the Grizzlies -- arrived with front-office members Larry Bird and David Morway as well as coach Frank Vogel and lead assistant Brian Shaw.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/06/nene.tyson.chandler/index.html#ixzz1oUbVOPn3

In addition, via Sam Amick's Twitter account the first day of free agency: https://mobile.twitter.com/sam_amick/status/144154200111198208

RLeWorm
03-07-2012, 11:43 PM
why are u guys bringing up old news? One person posting about it is good enough

03-07-2012, 11:46 PM
http://www.necro-equine-sadism.com/beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

Hibbert
03-08-2012, 12:01 AM
What about that period last fall makes you think they DIDN'T meet when they said they were going to? Aren't you arguing semantics?

Lol, no I heard or read somewhere that the meeting was scheduled but we never visited. Since it was brought up I looked but couldnt find anything.

Hicks
03-08-2012, 12:16 AM

That isn't news or a rumor.

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 12:19 AM
That isn't news or a rumor.

It's an NBA writer answering a question, it's the same thing as Chad Ford's chat.

Pacerized
03-08-2012, 01:08 AM
http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chicago-bulls/bulls-talk/Pacers-have-sights-set-on-Kaman?blockID=664910&feedID=10332 (http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chicago-bulls/bulls-talk/Pacers-have-sights-set-on-Kaman?blockID=664910&feedID=10332)

Pacers have sights set on Kaman

March 7, 2012, 9:03 am
CHRISTOPHER CASON
http://www.csnchicago.com/common/medialib/158/565268.png
With most of the trade talks of proficient big man centering around Orlando Magic’s Dwight Howard and Los Angeles Lakers’ Andrew Bynum, the center most likely to be dealt before or on the March 15 trade deadline isn’t receiving too much press but could help the right team.

According to the Indianapolis Star (javascript:void(window.open('http://www.indystar.com/article/20120306/SPORTS04/203060315/1062/SPORTS04'));), the Indiana Pacers have their sights set on New Orleans Hornets’ Chris Kaman.

Kaman is averaging 12.1 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 27 minutes a night for New Orleans.

The league-owned Hornets are in rebuilding process, still awaiting a potential buyer and Kaman has a $14 million expiring contract, making him an attractive target for teams who are looking to clear cap space and also acquire the services of the nine-year center until seasons’ end.

After All-Star Roy Hibbert, the Pacers depth at the center position is thin as Jeff Foster has only played in 11 games this season -- dealing with reoccurring back issues -- so the interest in Kaman would be legit.

The Pacers also have $14.5 million in cap space, so adding Kaman wouldn’t hinder them going forward.

The concern for Indiana in being able to acquire Kaman remains what the Hornets would want back for less than half a season of Kaman.

Pacers President Larry Bird has stated that he liked the direction of the team, but wouldn’t hesitate to make a move to improve the team, but losing any core player from the young nucleus -- of Paul George, Darren Collison, Tyler Hansbrough and Hibbert -- without the return of a legitimate star is something that will probably impede any progress of talks between the two teams.

How good would the Pacers be if they acquired Chris Kaman?

spreedom
03-08-2012, 01:40 AM
How good would the Pacers be if they acquired Chris Kaman?

I'll tell you this... I don't know who our backup center even is, and I have our roster page up right now. And we're half a game out of third place.

I'd say that would make us pretty damn good. If we can swing a deal that lands a guy like Mayo while giving up little or none of our core.... wow. That would be exciting.

Edit: Also, I knew Kaman was playing pretty well, but I didn't know it was 12/8 good. That's hardly any drop off from the productivity we're getting from Roy. If he can be this player for another 2-3 years, that is a potent center rotation.

Hicks
03-08-2012, 01:44 AM
It's an NBA writer answering a question, it's the same thing as Chad Ford's chat.

Responding to nothing but a fan hypothetical and saying nothing to suggest there was anything actually real about it, hence not news or a rumor.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 02:16 AM
:box:

Lance George
03-08-2012, 02:27 AM
One potential landing spot for Chris Kaman: Indiana Pacers | ProBasketballTalk (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/06/one-potential-landing-spot-for-chris-kaman-indiana-pacers/)

Officially, the New Orleans Hornets “remain open” to trading (http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/03/new_orleans_hornets_center_chr_3.html) Chris Kaman (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/932/chris-kaman), reports the Times-Picayune.

What that really means is they are going to trade Chris Kaman before the deadline.

The question is where. One possible answer is Indiana, according to the Indianapolis Star (http://www.indystar.com/article/20120306/SPORTS04/203060315/1062/SPORTS04).

The Pacers have an All-Star center in Roy Hibbert (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1370/roy-hibbert) but the depth drop off behind him is pretty steep. Jeff Foster (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/625/jeff-foster) was to be the man but he can’t stay healthy (played in just 11 games this season). That leaves Lou Amundson to masqurade as a five even though he is really a four.

The Pacers have $14.5 million in cap space so they can absorb Kaman’s contract easily (and they only have 13 guys on the roster). Kaman is in the final year of a $14 million deal, so he does not weigh down their books going forward.

The only question is how hard a deal the Hornets will drive and if the Pacers will pay the price. The Hornets shopped Kaman around before the All-Star break but were asking far more in return than any team was willing to pay. Since he has been put into the lineup Kaman has played well, but he still remains a rental and the Pacers have a starting center, so they are not going to give up much to get him.

CableKC
03-08-2012, 02:39 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-lang-greene-3712
ang Greene

IF this is true.....my guess is that the Shooting Guard....or more "Combo Guard" in question is Jarrett Jack.

Heisenberg
03-08-2012, 02:42 AM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-03-07/boston-celtics-nba-trade-rumors-rajon-rondo-ray-allen-kevin-garnett-ainge

There is the much-discussed possibility of trading point guard Rajon Rondo, whose reputation for stubbornness and clashes with coach Doc Rivers are well-known around the league. Even with that reputation, Rondo might already be the Celtics’ best player, a 26-year-old, three-time All Star. But league executives know that Ainge could be a motivated seller when it comes to Rondo, and there is little chance he will get fair value.

“There’s no way they’re going to get talent-for-talent in a Rondo deal,” one general manager told Sporting News. “There’s a perception that if Doc Rivers, who’s such a player’s coach, has had a hard time with him, my coach is going to have a worse time with him.”

joeyd
03-08-2012, 02:43 AM
The biggest piece of news in this thread so far? I've changed my avatar!

immortality
03-08-2012, 02:47 AM
The biggest piece of news in this thread so far? I've changed my avatar!

I giggled.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 03:05 AM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-mcgrady-fumes-over-1354879.html

Hawks' McGrady fumes over playing time

Portland – Hawks forward Tracy McGrady’s private frustrations over his playing time finally boiled over after he played just 4:39 during the 97-77 loss to the Blazers late Saturday.

“I’m tired of this [bleep],” McGrady said. “You can put that in the paper, I don’t give a [bleep].”

McGrady didn’t play after halftime against the Blazers. He didn’t dress for Atlanta’s 101-99 victory at Phoenix Thursday but said it was his decision to rest for the second game of a back-to-back. Against the Blazers, McGrady never returned after Marvin Williams replaced him with 7:21 left in the first half.

McGrady has played in 26 of 32 games this season for an average of 18 minutes before Saturday’s game. Last season with Detroit McGrady averaged 23 minutes in 72 games.

McGrady said Hawks coach Larry Drew hasn’t offered him an explanation when he doesn’t play him many minutes.

“If you don’t feel I can help, come tell me that,” McGrady said. “He ain’t told me nothing. I just want to help these guys win, man, which I know I can. But, damn, four minutes?”

McGrady made his comments after Drew’s postgame news conference. Earlier this week Drew, speaking generally about the limited amount of minutes available for his many veteran players, said he thinks it’s important to offer them an explanation when they don’t play much.

McGrady said he’s previously approached Drew about the topic but doesn’t plan on doing so again.

“I have before but I’m only going to do that one time,” McGrady said.

Drew has said he’s mindful of saving McGrady’s body from wear and tear. McGrady was a two-time scoring champion before a series of injuries that includes a herniated disk in his back. He suffered back spasms on Jan. 11 and sat out three games.

McGrady said that when he suits up, that means he’s ready to play.

“My body feels great,” McGrady said. “If it didn’t, I wouldn’t play.”

Under CBA rules, McGrady would be eligible for a trade on March 1. He didn’t go so far as to say he wants out of Atlanta but said he wants to play a bigger role for the Hawks.

“Hopefully, I’m here,” he said. “I like it here. I like the guys. That’s what I love most about it. I like the guys in this locker room. But at the same time, I still can play. No doubt in my mind.”

While I don't like that he complained, especially the way he decided to say it, I would love to get a guy of McGrady's versatility here. He's been something of a punchline for the past few years, with his injuries and lack of playoff success, but I think he can still contribute on a winning team. And I'd be a lot happier seeing him come in off the bench than Inferno and Lance.

****Trade proposals in trade forum****

Justin Tyme
03-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Edit: Also, I knew Kaman was playing pretty well, but I didn't know it was 12/8 good. That's hardly any drop off from the productivity we're getting from Roy. If he can be this player for another 2-3 years, that is a potent center rotation.

He was 18/11/8 last night. 8 asts!!!! Almost a triple double. Pull the darn trigger Bird and quit puzzyfooting around!

Justin Tyme
03-08-2012, 08:42 AM
IF this is true.....my guess is that the Shooting Guard....or more "Combo Guard" in question is Jarrett Jack.

I'd like to see JACK BACK, but I just don't see Bird doing it. I'd offer them Price, 015 GS 2nd rd, and cap to them. Price would give them a PG behind Vasquez, plus Price is an expiring for them. It could be a great opportunity for AJ going there. Getting Jack's leadership, toughness, better "D", and physical size/play would be well worth it. I know it's not a rumor. ADMIN can delete if warranted.

Jack last night was 25/3/4

Asher99
03-08-2012, 09:01 AM
He was 18/11/8 last night. 8 asts!!!! Almost a triple double. Pull the darn trigger Bird and quit puzzyfooting around!

Was a good game but he did play 45:59 and he's isn't going to come close to that here. He did get a new high in assists but actually lowered all the rest of his PER36 numbers across the board.

New Orleans as a franchise seems to hand out more 45+ games than anyone else, or at least feels that way to me. When DC was there racking up dimes he was playing over 40 a night as a starter. I remember a game last year that West played the all but 30 seconds of a OT game and had a steak of something like 49 consecutive minutes of floor time over two games.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Was a good game but he did play 45:59 and he's isn't going to come close to that here. He did get a new high in assists but actually lowered all the rest of his PER36 numbers across the board.

These two sentences make me hate advanced statistics. The first thing that you thought of was "Yeah, but it's only because he played 46 minutes," really? Give me a break.

Justin Tyme
03-08-2012, 09:50 AM

New Orleans as a franchise seems to hand out more 45+ games than anyone else, or at least feels that way to me. When DC was there racking up dimes he was playing over 40 a night as a starter. I remember a game last year that West played the all but 30 seconds of a OT game and had a steak of something like 49 consecutive minutes of floor time over two games.

Kaman isn't going to be getting starter minutes as a Pacer. Those results are as a starter playing heavy minutes, BUT it does show what he truly can actually do. That in itself is more important than 36's which is a bunch of theoretical possible tripe.

Asher99
03-08-2012, 09:53 AM
These two sentences make me hate advanced statistics. The first thing that you thought of was "Yeah, but it's only because he played 46 minutes," really? Give me a break.

The 8 assists are no doubt great but 18 and 11 isn't some amazing of a line for a whole game of center. That's slightly more than big Roy's average ia and he plays less than 30 a game and has only reached the lever of shots he Kaman took 7 times this year.

When we played the Kings Roy had 13-8-4 in 25:46 so just 5-3-4 less in 20:13 less time. So even with CK having the better line Roy had the better game of those two.

PER36 would be..
18.0, 11.1 and 5.5 for Roy
14.1, 8.6 and 6.3 for Kaman

Roy's projected line over 46 when we played the Kings would been 23, 14 and 7.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 10:30 AM
The 8 assists are no doubt great but 18 and 11 isn't some amazing of a line for a whole game of center. That's slightly more than big Roy's average ia and he plays less than 30 a game and has only reached the lever of shots he Kaman took 7 times this year.

When we played the Kings Roy had 13-8-4 in 25:46 so just 5-3-4 less in 20:13 less time. So even with CK having the better line Roy had the better game of those two.

PER36 would be..
18.0, 11.1 and 5.5 for Roy
14.1, 8.6 and 6.3 for Kaman

Roy's projected line over 46 when we played the Kings would been 23, 14 and 7.

If Roy could stay on the court for 46 minutes, which we know he couldn't. PER36 numbers can be useful in some cases, but to take anything away from an 18/11/8 line is just stupid. I'm sorry, but it's stupid.

Pacerized
03-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Kaman isn't going to be getting starter minutes as a Pacer. Those results are as a starter playing heavy minutes, BUT it does show what he truly can actually do. That in itself is more important than 36's which is a bunch of theoretical possible tripe.

Kaman is good enough that he would absolutely get starters minutes. He'd get all the backup center minutes and plenty of time at the 4 where he's already proven effective. You don't bring in someone as that good and not play him to the teams advantage. I could see Kaman and Roy both getting around 30 min. while Tyler's role is reduced, Lou is gone, and ultimatley Jone's loses minutes while we go big at the backup 3 instead of playing a 2 guard there.

Regarding the game, I noticed the 46 minutes as well and he wouldn't get that kind of time here. At least he's proven that he's healthy and can handle the minutes. We should thank N.O. for getting him into game shape these past few weeks.

If we bring Kaman in this would be the best team he's ever played for. I hope that he'd like getting a taste for winning and the playoffs and want to stick around.

Sparhawk
03-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Kaman is good enough that he would absolutely get starters minutes. He'd get all the backup center minutes and plenty of time at the 4 where he's already proven effective. You don't bring in someone as that good and not play him to the teams advantage. I could see Kaman and Roy both getting around 30 min. while Tyler's role is reduced, Lou is gone, and ultimatley Jone's loses minutes while we go big at the backup 3 instead of playing a 2 guard there.

Regarding the game, I noticed the 46 minutes as well and he wouldn't get that kind of time here. At least he's proven that he's healthy and can handle the minutes. We should thank N.O. for getting him into game shape these past few weeks.

If we bring Kaman in this would be the best team he's ever played for. I hope that he'd like getting a taste for winning and the playoffs and want to stick around.

I also think that having a backup C that can score will really help Hans.

McKeyFan
03-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Anybody got a sense as to when the potential Howard trade will be settled? Apparently no big rumors until that is resolved. Does that mean nothing may happen until 24 hours before the deadline?

Pacer Fan
03-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't care what the stat line is, Kaman will bring exactly what we need. Twin Towers! If Danny finds his shot and Paul, Hill, Collison can play without hurting the team. Pacers will be a tough out in the playoffs.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Anybody got a sense as to when the potential Howard trade will be settled? Apparently no big rumors until that is resolved. Does that mean nothing may happen until 24 hours before the deadline?

Everything I've read makes it sound like they have no plans to trade him at all.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 10:55 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/pau-gasol-remaining-calm-as-trade-deadline-approaches/

Pau Gasol remaining calm as trade deadline approaches

Over the next week, Pau Gasol’s name is going to come up a lot in rumored trade talks. Most of which have little if any foundation, but the rumors will be out there.

Gasol said it doesn’t bother him anymore. He’s moved past it.

Here is what he said, via the Los Angeles Daily News.

“I don’t know what the state the moves and (team’s) intentions are right now,” Gasol said the other day when asked about his phone conversation with Kupchak. “I have an understanding where things are, where he stands and where I stand.

“(Kupchak) told me just play the way you play. Keep playing hard and keep playing well and then we’ll see. It was kind of calming to have that feedback.”

Except for a tough game against Miami (where LeBron James did a good job defensively on him), Gasol has shot over 54 percent in each of the last six games. He has looked like his old self.

The Lakers were ready to move Gasol before the season in a three-team deal that netted them Chris Paul. That made sense — Paul is one of the 10 or so transcendent superstar players in the NBA. Gasol is a 1A guy — the guy who needs to be paired with an elite guy.

However, the Lakers are just like the Celtics with Rajon Rondo (who also were willing to move that player for CP3) — unless you are getting a true superstar back, there is no point in trading the guy in all these rumors. The Lakers are not shopping Gasol around. If you want him, you better have a Dwight Howard level player to send back.

Gasol didn’t like seeing his name in all the rumors, but he has clearly learned to deal with it.

I've heard speculation that the Rockets may be willing to trade Lowry/Scola for Pau. I wonder if we'd get in the Gasol sweepstakes.

Asher99
03-08-2012, 10:56 AM
If Roy could stay on the court for 46 minutes, which we know he couldn't. PER36 numbers can be useful in some cases, but to take anything away from an 18/11/8 line is just stupid. I'm sorry, but it's stupid.

I'm sure Roy could play 46 too if he rarely ever played hard defense to avoiding foul trouble like Kaman does. The 8 assists part was no doubt great but I find it silly to act like 18-11 from a center playing against the Kings for 46 of 48 is some kind of awesome game, If you do then that's cool.

We've disrupted this thread enough on a OT topic so I guess we will have to agree to disagree to avoid losing control of this new thread like we did the old one.

Pacer Fan
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
We've disrupted this thread enough on a OT topic so I guess we will have to agree to disagree to avoid losing control of this new thread like we did the old one.

What's the point of having a thread if you can't talk about the rumors? The other rumor thread shouldn't had been locked, maybe then we could talk in that one and leave this one for non talking. Post only rumor thread as it was designed to be in the first place.

Hibbert
03-08-2012, 11:04 AM

He is being showcased. He played all but two minutes of last nights game, which is quite impressive.

Pacerized
03-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm sure Roy could play 46 too if he rarely ever played hard defense to avoiding foul trouble like Kaman does. The 8 assists part was no doubt great but I find it silly to act like 18-11 from a center playing against the Kings for 46 of 48 is some kind of awesome game, If you do then that's cool.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/kings/2012/03/07/00211

It looks like he's putting some effort on defense.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 11:07 AM

I do think it's an awesome game. To get a near triple double from a center is impressive. To chalk it up to being a product of playing the whole game is stupidity.

Pacerized
03-08-2012, 11:10 AM
What's the point of having a thread if you can't talk about the rumors? The other rumor thread shouldn't had been locked, maybe then we could talk in that one and leave this one for non talking. Post only rumor thread as it was designed to be in the first place.

I agree, we need to be able to discuss legit trade rumors and the players involved. It's different when someone starts posting fantasy trade ideas.

Ownagedood
03-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Kaman would get some really solid playing time here. Not what he gets now, but Roy could use the break from time to time and we could afford to give it to him if we had Kaman here. I would love to have him if it was just for money or a 2nd rounder.

Asher99
03-08-2012, 12:21 PM
I do think it's an awesome game. To get a near triple double from a center is impressive. To chalk it up to being a product of playing the whole game is stupidity.

I gave his credit on the assists several times already that new career high is no doubt sweet from a center. But the 18-11 in 46 isn't something all that impressive. Tyler's top burn is 31:47 this year he got 15-13 in the game and in the 17 games he's broke the 30 min mark in his career he's at 20.3 and 8.3 and he's only got to or past the 38 min mark once and that game was just 40:16 and it was a 29 point game.

CableKC
03-08-2012, 12:30 PM
[url]
I've heard speculation that the Rockets may be willing to trade Lowry/Scola for Pau. I wonder if we'd get in the Gasol sweepstakes.
From what I have read, the Rockets would part with anyone not named Lowry to get Gasol.

This is likely one of the main reasons why no trade has happened. The Lakers want Lowry and th Rockets don't want to give him up.

McKeyFan
03-08-2012, 12:42 PM
From what I have read, the Rockets would part with anyone not named Lowry to get Gasol.

This is likely one of the main reasons why no trade has happened. The Lakers want Lowry and th Rockets don't want to give him up.

Doesn't every team want the one player the other team refuses to give up?

:whoknows:

Derek2k3
03-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Top Ten Stars Most Likely To Be Traded (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7657244/nba-most-likely-traded)

Impact Players Most Likely To Be Moved
(Ranked from most likely to least likely to be traded)

1. Rajon Rondo, G, Celtics
I know the Celtics are saying Rondo isn't going anywhere. But there are two problems with that. (1) It doesn't jibe with what a number of NBA GMs are saying based on conversations they've had with Celtics president Danny Ainge. (2) Ainge isn't stupid. He doesn't want to trade Rondo, but Rondo is the best chip he has to play right now.

If Ainge waits and does nothing, the Celtics will be a middling lottery team without much hope next season -- in the same spot where Ainge inherited them a few years ago. He doesn't want to go back there. If he can get two pieces back for Rondo, I think he'll do it. Atlanta, Portland and Indiana are interesting destinations if they are willing to pay.

2. Josh Smith, F, Hawks
Again, I know what the Hawks are saying. "We're not shopping anyone ... yada, yada, yada." The truth is, Rick Sund has been exploring possible Josh Smith deals for the past few years. If he could get a legit point guard and a credible forward to replace Smith, he'd do it. If the Celtics would offer Rondo, I think they'd have a deal. Ditto if the Suns would offer Steve Nash.

3. Chris Kaman, C, Hornets
It's no secret that Kaman is on the block. Given that the Hornets really don't want much in return, I'm surprised he hasn't found a home already.

The Warriors, Rockets and Heat have shown a lot of interest. And with Jeff Foster still out in Indy, Kaman could be a great fit with the Pacers as well. He has no long-term future in New Orleans. This one is a no-brainer.

4. Monta Ellis, G, Warriors
Ellis is a dynamic scorer, but it just isn't working in Golden State and probably never will as long as Ellis and Stephen Curry are in the backcourt together.

The Warriors really need a big man, which makes a deal tough because most GMs aren't willing to trade big for small. But if the Warriors would be willing to take back Amare Stoudemire from the Knicks or if the Hawks were willing to swap Smith for Ellis, I think there's a deal to be had.

5. Pau Gasol, F, Lakers
Gasol is playing better and so were the Lakers, until this week. That's got to hurt the chances that the Lakers move him for anyone other than Dwight Howard before the deadline. But the Lakers have to be looking at the Celtics and sweating a bit. They don't want to be the team that is on the verge of plummeting into lottery hell next season.

Kobe Bryant won't be playing at this level forever, and neither will Gasol. Gasol can fetch the Lakers some good young assets now. In another year, I'm not sure we'll be able to say the same.

6. Gerald Wallace, F, Blazers
The Blazers balked a bit at moving Wallace at the start of the season, but they seem more open to it now. Nicolas Batum is their long-term answer at the small forward position, and they aren't really competing for a title.

A few long-term assets might be all that's required to pry Wallace from Portland. I could see the Magic making a big push in this direction.

7. Eric Gordon, G, Hornets
Gordon was supposed to be the centerpiece of the Hornets' new rebuilding effort, but injuries have kept him out of the lineup for all but two games this season. With Gordon hitting restricted free agency this summer and preferring to play elsewhere, do the Hornets cut their losses and try to make a deal now while they can?

The team has coveted New Orleans native Danny Granger in the past, and the Pacers would love to bring back one of Indy's own as well. It would be a risky move for the Pacers, as Gordon is still several weeks away from being ready to play. But it could be a great move long term.

8. Dwight Howard, C, Magic
Howard should be atop this list. All signs point to his leaving Orlando this summer if he makes it to unrestricted free agency, where the Nets and Mavs will throw money at him, and the Knicks and Lakers could find ways to get involved, too. Alas, Magic GM Otis Smith thinks he has a shot at keeping Howard and is telling GMs he won't move the All-Star big man before the deadline.

While the offers the Lakers and Nets have put together for Howard won't blow anyone away, they are better than the zero Howard could leave the Magic with this summer.

9. Deron Williams, PG, Nets
If Dwight Howard makes his way to New Jersey, all is well. The Nets would re-sign both Williams and Howard, and suddenly have the best point guard-center combo in the NBA. But if Howard doesn't end up in New Jersey, the Nets will be in danger of losing Williams for nothing. After all they gave up to get him, that has to keep Billy King up at night.

The problem for the Nets is they are paralyzed until they know what's happening with Howard. If the Magic move him to the Lakers or Bulls, Williams moves to the top of this list. If Howard isn't traded and remains on track to become a free agent, Williams will stay put.

10. Steve Nash, PG, Suns
The Suns continue to insist they're not trading Nash, which might be true. That's why Nash is at the bottom of the list. They even believe they have a chance at re-signing him this summer, which is a pipe dream.

The Suns are no longer a playoff team and are on the verge of a major rebuilding project. While Nash has publicly supported the Suns, it doesn't make much sense for either party to keep the marriage alive. Nash is still playing like an All-Star and could have a chance at winning a title elsewhere.

At this point, the Suns won't get much for him. His contract expires in a few months, and Nash has made it clear he'll shop the market. But if the Suns lose him for nothing? They would join the Cavs and Raptors as teams that let their fantasies get in the way of reality.

Bolded the parts most interesting to Pacer fans.

Danny+AJ for Kaman+Gordon+Vasquez or something would be interesting.

Personally, too much risk. At least with Danny you know you're getting a guy that plays almost every game every season, and really stepped up against the Bulls in the playoffs. Gordon doesn't have much playoff experience, and is always hurt. Total gamble.

Hibbert
03-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't see why Rondo made this list, Ainge went out and said last week that they are not trading him......

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Chris Sheridan‏@sheridanhoopsReply

Three #NBA deals that make sense: Kaman to #Pacers, Hinrich to #Lakers, Crawford to #Twolves/#Grizzlies. Video: http://bit.ly/yCAq9v

Hicks
03-08-2012, 01:28 PM
The Kaman to Pacers thing seems so obvious that I think I'll actually be a little disappointed if we don't actually make that come true.

Derek2k3
03-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't see why Rondo made this list, Ainge went out and said last week that they are not trading him......

That was addressed:

I know the Celtics are saying Rondo isn't going anywhere. But there are two problems with that. (1) It doesn't jibe with what a number of NBA GMs are saying based on conversations they've had with Celtics president Danny Ainge. (2) Ainge isn't stupid. He doesn't want to trade Rondo, but Rondo is the best chip he has to play right now.

If Ainge waits and does nothing, the Celtics will be a middling lottery team without much hope next season -- in the same spot where Ainge inherited them a few years ago. He doesn't want to go back there.

From what they say publicly, Rondo isn't available. Yet people involved say eh certainly is. And at this point they'll be lucky to get to the second round of the playoffs, no way they get any farther. Ergo, makes sense to capitalize on his value if you could sucker a team like Indy to give DC+PG+Pick.

Not saying I agree.

PaulGeorge
03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Raymond Felton, Jamal Crawford and a few other Blazers have seen their names in the rumor mill and Crawford thinks the speculation could be affecting some of the players.

"I think at the end of the day, we're only human," said Crawford. "So no matter what somebody says, I'm sure it's in the back of their heads. They hear about the rumors and stuff. But we have to be professional and go out and do the best job we can."

Crawford's name has been linked with the Indiana Pacers and Minnesota. Portland could get Luke Ridnour back if Crawford is sent to the Wolves.

The Blazers are now 19-20 after losing at Minnesota on Wednesday and they have six more games on this road trip.
---------------------------------------------------

first thing i've heard about us and crawford since his name started coming up in trade rumors.

odeez
03-08-2012, 01:46 PM
I love the Kaman trade, BUT wouldn't this trade just for the remainder of this season. We aren't going to sign both Kaman & Hibbert next season. Kaman is a starter and will want starter money, as well as Hibbert. So what you give up now to get him is key. If I had to compare them, I would give Kaman the edge, but Hibbert is younger.

I like Gordon as well, but his injury history makes me say pass, too much history there to give up Danny for him now. I might try to sign him this Summer though. Thoughts?

odeez
03-08-2012, 01:49 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Raymond Felton, Jamal Crawford and a few other Blazers have seen their names in the rumor mill and Crawford thinks the speculation could be affecting some of the players.

"I think at the end of the day, we're only human," said Crawford. "So no matter what somebody says, I'm sure it's in the back of their heads. They hear about the rumors and stuff. But we have to be professional and go out and do the best job we can."

Crawford's name has been linked with the Indiana Pacers and Minnesota. Portland could get Luke Ridnour back if Crawford is sent to the Wolves.

The Blazers are now 19-20 after losing at Minnesota on Wednesday and they have six more games on this road trip.
---------------------------------------------------

first thing i've heard about us and crawford since his name started coming up in trade rumors.

I wanted Crawford this Summer and I would love to have him now. He can score and we need that. He can also play the point, but that's not where I want him ... but it's another option.

PaulGeorge
03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
I wanted Crawford this Summer and I would love to have him now. He can score and we need that. He can also play the point, but that's not where I want him ... but it's another option.

I really don't like having to send a player to portland just to sign him and watch him become a FA again. Could of signed him outright last summer and could sign him outright after this season. If we just send Lance or AJ I guess I could live with that as long as he signs an extension with us.

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Call me crazy but I would not mind getting Boris Diaw, him coming off the bench could be perfect, his ability to move the ball and pass it could help the second unit offense, his is in an expiring contract so there wouldn't be that much of a risk, it would also leave the Pacers open to make other trades.

Yeah I was just looking at his numbers for the year:

7.7ppg 5.6rpg and 4.4apg not bad for a backup, if he can get him for free I think we should go get him.

Heisenberg
03-08-2012, 02:02 PM
this is what Boris Diaw looks like

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/523/271/136647163_crop_650x440.jpg?1326226064

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2012, 02:05 PM
The Kaman to Pacers thing seems so obvious that I think I'll actually be a little disappointed if we don't actually make that come true.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...ng-greene-3712

Quote:
Tony

Do you think that Indy and NO will revisit the Kaman trade before the deadline? Unfortunately Foster is totally broken down physically, Amundson is performing admirably but I think Kaman makes Hansbrough much more effective on the second unit.

Lang Greene

Dont know if true or not, but it seems we might be targeting a SG instead. I wish the Pacers would go all in for a package of Gordon and Kaman

Naptown_Seth
03-08-2012, 02:05 PM
It's bizarre that it hasn't already happened. Think Kaman might have helped the rebounding and post scoring issues of the last 2 games?

Not getting Kaman borders on the Colts skipping Luck and RG3 in the draft. Maybe the price is way out of bounds, but the rumors suggest it isn't.

These are the two possible deals I put into a non-deals thread that I think would make this team flat-out bad ***.

1) DC+1st round pick (23-26th) for Nash

2) Tyler + 2nd round pick for Kaman.

You do not thin the team because you replace your spots 1 for 1 this year. Nash and Kaman are clear upgrades on DC/Tyler. Both teams wouldn't mind getting that return. Saves cash and gets a serviceable bench/cheap starter for teams that are looking for exactly that.

What if they don't resign?
This is the risk, but look at how light that risk is. First you get all that cap space right back if they don't resign. You go into next summer in better shape than last even. You either make FA bids on guys or you go back into the "we can take your contract" situation where you are with Kaman now. In other words you continue to be a very favorable trade partner.

You've lost 2 bench guys, maybe DC is a borderline starter. You've lost a mid-20s pick which could be a good player, a total bust, or another bench guy. So at worst you need a starting PG (which you didn't have) and 2 bench guys. You have massive cap space, these losses can easily be fixed.

And this resign issue requires these players to make the run they would make with this roster, at their stages of their careers, and decide "nah, I don't want to do that again".

Would Nash/Kaman walk away from money for another 2 years if the team made an solid ECF run at least?

Rondo instead of Nash is better in terms of talent, but comes with a big chemistry risk and likely a higher price tag than just DC+25th pick.

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't care how he looks like as long as he can still produce, his numbers for a backup are pretty good, we don't need him to start or to be our Batman, he is a solid bench player that could help guys like Tyler, DJ and Hill with his ability to pass the ball.

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Naptown Seth I don't think you are allowed to talk about trades, I think you need to erase that before they close this thread.

Naptown_Seth
03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Paul George doesn't go in any trade. He's the team's future All-Star and #1 player. He's bordering on that status already, especially given how many steals/disruptions he creates.

If his offense tightens up (more consistent) then he's an all-star. Trade for Wade or Lebron, okay, and even then you start to get to where Paul's age helps because you can keep him longer. I wouldn't do Paul for Kobe at this point, for example. You are risking too much due to years*potential.

Heisenberg
03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't care how he looks like as long as he can still produce, his numbers for a backup are pretty good, we don't need him to start or to be our Batman, he is a solid bench player that could help guys like Tyler, DJ and Hill with his ability to pass the ball.
I just don't really like the fit. He passes TOO much, seriously, so much that it becomes annoying. If he gets bought out I'd sign him, but I don't want to give up any assets for him or use 9 mil of our capspace.

Dgreenwell3
03-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Call me crazy but I would not mind getting Boris Diaw, him coming off the bench could be perfect, his ability to move the ball and pass it could help the second unit offense, his is in an expiring contract so there wouldn't be that much of a risk, it would also leave the Pacers open to make other trades.

I completely agree...diaw can also hit an open jumper...something we desperately need on the second group...

Heisenberg
03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
We couldn't trade for Nash and Kaman, not for those packages anyway. Either one of them eliminates our capspace so the other would mean matching money going out.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 02:21 PM
I gave his credit on the assists several times already that new career high is no doubt sweet from a center. But the 18-11 in 46 isn't something all that impressive. Tyler's top burn is 31:47 this year he got 15-13 in the game and in the 17 games he's broke the 30 min mark in his career he's at 20.3 and 8.3 and he's only got to or past the 38 min mark once and that game was just 40:16 and it was a 29 point game.

Okay. Tyler is better than Kaman and would be putting up sick lines if he had enough talent to play big minutes.

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 02:21 PM
I just don't really like the fit. He passes TOO much, seriously, so much that it becomes annoying. If he gets bought out I'd sign him, but I don't want to give up any assets for him or use 9 mil of our capspace.

He passes too much? Good, that's pretty much what we need in the second unit, somebody that can make passes and create for others, we already have a bunch of black holes that won't pass the ball, putting Diaw with that unit would automatically makes them better.

Dgreenwell3
03-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Okay. Tyler is better than Kaman and would be putting up sick lines if he had enough talent to play big minutes.

I hope this was intended to be green

Naptown_Seth
03-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Naptown Seth I don't think you are allowed to talk about trades, I think you need to erase that before they close this thread.
Well I understand the desire to not have threads turn into "ESPN trade machine" fodder, but we are coming up on the deadline and both players discussed are rumored as possible trades in an article cited in this thread.

Just like

Danny+AJ for Kaman+Gordon+Vasquez or something would be interesting.
didn't get a thread-lock.

Not to mention that Hicks could just ask for a post-revision if it's causing problems. Why in the world would he (or other) lock the entire thread?

There's a difference between light trade discussions and posting 20 different scenarios you dreamed up 2 weeks into the season. Or as Pacerized put it

I agree, we need to be able to discuss legit trade rumors and the players involved. It's different when someone starts posting fantasy trade ideas.

Excessive, often fantastical trade scenarios started to bog down threads and front page discussions. Thus the shift to it's own area. But 7 days till the deadline going over players in primary discussions and in some cases rumored to be a perfect fit for Indy? That's a regular topic.

If the thread fills up with Danny+Roy+George for Bynum + pick + Harden type of posts, then I can see people asking for the thread to be moved.

Dgreenwell3
03-08-2012, 02:25 PM
He passes too much? Good, that's pretty much what we need in the second unit, somebody that can make passes and create for others, we already have a bunch of black holes that won't pass the ball, putting Diaw with that unit would automatically makes them better.

Diaw is a guy who fits into whatever role he needs to...such a good glue guy...I actually kinda like that he put on a little weight, he will battle down low a little better now...

Naptown_Seth
03-08-2012, 02:32 PM
We couldn't trade for Nash and Kaman, not for those packages anyway. Either one of them eliminates our capspace so the other would mean matching money going out.
Yeah, I thought about that after the fact. I wasn't sure if the outgoing money of DC/TH would cover the difference or not.

So I guess if we believe the Crawford rumor than clearly the team would have to be sending players to cover costs if they intended to also go after Kaman. I haven't looked at his salary numbers.

I think Nash would be a huge help, but not only does it appear that PHX is holding up things but nothing suggests the Pacers are even considering that situation. Funny how with Hill off the bench you still need a SG (according to rumor).

Maybe TPTB are doing a misdirect on Kaman front?

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Diaw is a guy who fits into whatever role he needs to...such a good glue guy...I actually kinda like that he put on a little weight, he will battle down low a little better now...

Yeah I agree that getting heavy is helping him to play down low a bit better, I still think that he needs to lose some pounds.

Either way I think he could be a prefect fit for our second unit, more so than Kaman and I've been advocating for Kaman since he was in LA, Diaw to me is more of a glue guy, he could be like a heavier version of West in the second unit, organizing the offense, feeding the post when needed, getting rebounds, etc.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
I hope this was intended to be green

:cheers:

Dgreenwell3
03-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Yeah I agree that getting heavy is helping him to play down low a bit better, I still think that he needs to lose some pounds.

Either way I think he could be a prefect fit for our second unit, more so than Kaman and I've been advocating for Kaman since he was in LA, Diaw to me is more of a glue guy, he could be like a heavier version of West in the second unit, organizing the offense, feeding the post when needed, getting rebounds, etc.

Me too and if we trade Tyler are there two players whose styles compliment each other better than Lou and diaw?

Dgreenwell3
03-08-2012, 02:44 PM
:cheers:

Good...I am a big fan of psycho Ts but man, he is nowhere near that talented...

Marlin
03-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Honest question: have you seen Diaw play this year after the first week of the season? I'm not talking about numbers here, just to be clear.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 02:49 PM
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/03/01/12/Trade-talk-Sessions-remains-hot-topic/landing.html?blockID=677686&feedID=3725

Trade talk: Sessions remains hot topic

One source tells FOX Sports Ohio that “it’ll be a miracle” if Ramon Sessions is still with Cleveland after the trading deadline.

“I don’t know that they’re actively shopping him, but they’re certainly listening,” the source said. “It’s nothing personal. (Sessions and the Cavs) have a strong relationship. The Cavs really respect and admire him. They wouldn’t be against keeping him. But it‘s a tough situation. Kyrie (Irving) is the point guard of the future there, and Ramon could go somewhere else and start.”

Sessions has been linked to the Los Angeles Lakers, who were expected to step up their pursuit of him during All-Star weekend.

“But I don’t know if that really ever happened,” one source said.

I would be very interested in bringing Ramon in -- I think he might be even better than DC2, and at the very least he would push him in practice and serve as a competent backup. Our second unit is desperate for scoring and playmaking. Cavs' two biggest assets that they're reportedly willing to trade are Sessions and Jamison. I'd be down with picking up either guy if there aren't any other obvious deals on the table, and we'd need to send out only about $5M in return.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Diaw is getting DNP-CDs because of his attitude and lack of effort on the floor. No thanks, unless we can get him for nothing and we have no other options.

xIndyFan
03-08-2012, 02:54 PM
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/03/01/12/Trade-talk-Sessions-remains-hot-topic/landing.html?blockID=677686&feedID=3725

I would be very interested in bringing Ramon in -- I think he might be even better than DC2, and at the very least he would push him in practice and serve as a competent backup. . .

no interest in sessions. he is not better than darren or AJ, just different. if the pacers add a PG [or any other position for that matter], he needs to be a clear upgrade. not just the same level of guy with a slightly different skill set.

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Me too and if we trade Tyler are there two players whose styles compliment each other better than Lou and diaw?

I actually think that he complements Lou and Tyler pretty well, do you remember how much better Tyler looks when he plays with Foster? That's because Foster knows how to pass the ball and feed him, I'm not saying that Diaw is Foster 2.0 but Diaw's passing ability could help Hansbrough in a huge way.

Again like I said before I like Kaman but he is to me another one on one type of guy, if he gets the ball he is going to attack the basket and we already have a bunch of one on one players in the second unit(AJ,Hill,DJ,Tyler,Lance).

Dgreenwell3
03-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Honest question: have you seen Diaw play this year after the first week of the season? I'm not talking about numbers here, just to be clear.

I actually have seen him in person 7 times this year and on tv a few times...my sister lives in Charlotte and has season tickets...we probably shouldnt judge anyone's effort solely by what he gives off of how he plays for what is unquestionably the worst team in the NBA...

Hibbert
03-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Diaw is getting DNP-CDs because of his attitude and lack of effort on the floor. No thanks, unless we can get him for nothing and we have no other options.
How would your attitude be on a team that hasn't even won a handful of games? He has been with them through this whole thing and anyone who wants to win would not be happy about being there. Management there sucks and his only beef has been with Silas, he wants to win.

Dgreenwell3
03-08-2012, 03:05 PM
no interest in sessions. he is not better than darren or AJ, just different. if the pacers add a PG [or any other position for that matter], he needs to be a clear upgrade. not just the same level of guy with a slightly different skill set.

AJ isn't the level of player that Ramon is but I get the gist...Ramon isn't a major upgrade...

Hibbert
03-08-2012, 03:08 PM

Sessions is in fact better than Collison and this summer worked on his outside shot and now comes with a legit 3 point shot as well.

xBulletproof
03-08-2012, 03:12 PM
This team is so strange. At times you think they need major offense off the bench, and next you think they need a major rebounder. Then later they look like they got both of those figured out and they struggle on defense. I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking anything is a weakness/strength as a team at this point, because at some point or another they all have been. So it's really hard to put your finger on a single problem and think, we fix that, and we're contenders. It's a really strange point to be at. Not only are the list of what someone could call a 'need' up in the air, our roster is in a strange place too.

We have enough talent to net us a star player if we wanted to, but we wouldn't have enough left afterwards to make noise. So what we need, we can't get and be successful. At the moment we look stuck in the same spot Atlanta has been recently. Only difference is we still have some cap space and we need to use that to get help. Personally I still believe OJ Mayo is the perfect fit. Not only that, but if you get Mayo to fill the SG role off the bench, I think it opens the opportunity to move Hill to the starting lineup for defense. Then having Tyler/Collison/Mayo off the bench it'll be hard to guard all 3.

pacer4ever
03-08-2012, 03:12 PM

He is much better than AJ and is at the same level as DC if not a little better IMO. He brings defense and a good floor game to the table along with a jumper that gets better every season. His floor game would be better than both DC and AJ IMO and would compliment DC very well we would have 2 very solid pgs who do different things.

McKeyFan
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Sessions is in fact better than Collison and this summer worked on his outside shot and now comes with a legit 3 point shot as well.
His defense?

Dgreenwell3
03-08-2012, 03:20 PM

Ok, not going that far...DC is a good young developing point guard, he isn't some terrible waste of space...sessions isn't a better player than collison nor does be have a higher ceiling...I have noticed that when in doubt on this site, it's collisons fault...

CableKC
03-08-2012, 03:22 PM
When it comes to Kaman and the Hornets, the Pacers are the equivalent of the "last girl at the bar that will start to look like a half-way decent option to take home 5 minutes before the bar closes".

I'm guessing that Stern and the "Eventual" Owners is waiting for the Rockets or the Warriors to give up more.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Ok, not going that far...DC is a good young developing point guard, he isn't some terrible waste of space...sessions isn't a better player than collison nor does be have a higher ceiling...I have noticed that when in doubt on this site, it's collisons fault...

I disagree with that for sure... I think he is at least as good if not clearly better, and I really think they both are what they are at this point. I think people are waiting for DC to return to the level he played at in New Orleans, but I don't think he'll ever get there or be a 15 ppg/7-8 apg type of guy either. I think with 30-35 mpg Sessions gets those numbers tomorrow.

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 03:34 PM
By the way I also remember that Diaw is a really good friend of Nash, my plan to conquer the world:

1st: Get Diaw from the Bobcats, probably for free.

2nd:Get Barbosa from Toronto, they are trying to trade him for a pick and a player, a second round pick plus AJ+Jeff could get it done?

3rd: Go and get Steve Nash, DC+Tyler+pick should get it done, now we have Nash's friends on the team And like Seth said we could probably be in the ECF why would he go to another team?

Starting unit: Nash, PG,DG,West,Hibbert.

Second unit:Barbosa,Hill,DJ,Diaw,Lou :cool:

Hibbert
03-08-2012, 03:34 PM

Sessions is 6 months older than Collison and has never been given the keys to show how good he could be if full time starter. Sessions plays about ten minutes less a game than Darren and his numbers are about the same.

Sessions: 10.5 PTS 5.1 AST 3.1 REB 0.6 STL .397% FG .414% 3FG .838 FT%

Collison: 11 PTS 5.1 AST 3.4 REB 0.8 STL .433 FG% .414% 3FG .827 FT%

Sessions averages 24.7 minutes a game and Darren averages 33.1 minutes a game and Sessions has a PER of 16.00 while Darren has a PER of 14.54. I would definitely say that Sessions is the better player. About Collison and that rookie year he had.....has Linsanity not taught you anything?

CableKC
03-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I thought about that after the fact. I wasn't sure if the outgoing money of DC/TH would cover the difference or not.

So I guess if we believe the Crawford rumor than clearly the team would have to be sending players to cover costs if they intended to also go after Kaman. I haven't looked at his salary numbers.

I think Nash would be a huge help, but not only does it appear that PHX is holding up things but nothing suggests the Pacers are even considering that situation. Funny how with Hill off the bench you still need a SG (according to rumor).

Maybe TPTB are doing a misdirect on Kaman front?
Based off of your trade scenario......sending out DC and Hansbrough would get the cap out to roughly ~$40 mil. Nash is owed $11.69 mil and Kaman is owed $12.7 mil....I don't know ( but suspect ) that Kaman has some trade kicker that ups his impact on the Salary Cap. I don't know if Nash has the same. Either way....That would put the Salary cap to roughly $65 mil...not including any trade kicker that may up the Salary Cap.

Adding in Players on our side won't work either since the Suns would have to send back one or two...so SalaryCap wise....I could be wrong...but I don't think that it's possible to do BOTH of your trades without some really creative accounting while involving 3rd Teams or something.

One or the other would work...but not both.

Dgreenwell3
03-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Sessions is 6 months older than Collison and has never been given the keys to show how good he could be if full time starter. Sessions plays about ten minutes less a game than Darren and his numbers are about the same.

Sessions: 10.5 PTS 5.1 AST 3.1 REB 0.6 STL .397% FG .414% 3FG .838 FT%

Collison: 11 PTS 5.1 AST 3.4 REB 0.8 STL .433 FG% .414% 3FG .827 FT%

Sessions averages 24.7 minutes a game and Darren averages 33.1 minutes a game and Sessions has a PER of 16.00 while Darren has a PER of 14.54. I would definitely say that Sessions is the better player. About Collison and that rookie year he had.....has Linsanity not taught you anything?

Big difference in their careers= DC has been on some good teams...sessions was the Main scorer in Cleveland...much rather have DC...

CableKC
03-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Although he has a 41% 3pt percentage....he only taken about 58 3ptAttempts this year....which oddly enough is the same exact # of attempts and % that DC has taken.

He's really good at getting to the FT line.....between 3 to 5 FTA a game...but he's as much of a 3pt shooter that DC is....which isn't really saying too much.

Justin Tyme
03-08-2012, 03:44 PM

Shaking my head! Has anyone checked out Crawford's FG%? He's 1% higher than Granger who half the board wants to trade! In OVER HALF of the games he's played here is his shooting results:

3-13
1-3
7-18
5-13
1-5
1-5
6-23
6-18
6-17
5-14
5-13
4-13
3-10
8-22
2-8
3-12
2-11
2-6
2-10
6-16
2-11

AND this is what you want as a "scorer coming off the bench"? Sorry, that says chucker, blackhole, to me that never saw a shot he didn't like. I didn't want him b4 the season, and I sure don't want him NOW! PASS PASS PASS

spreedom
03-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Big difference in their careers= DC has been on some good teams...sessions was the Main scorer in Cleveland...much rather have DC...

:hmm:

wintermute
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Hornets decline to keep Solo

http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2012/03/08/solomon-jones-is-a-goner/

Solomon Jones, despite playing fairly well in his limited time as a Hornet, won’t be brought back by the team following the expiration of his 10-day contract earlier today.

I’m personally a bit surprised by the news, since Solomon really played well in limited time. He averaged 3.2 points and 2.8 boards in 14 minutes a game for the Bees, and nearly had a double-double against Indiana. He finished that night with 12 points on 6 shots, 9 boards, and 2 assists in only 24 minutes. He also can hit a jump shot, and I’m going to keep saying that until everyone who possibly heard me say otherwise knows it.

Best of luck to Solomon going forward.

So... does that mean the Bugs are keeping Kaman?

And, does anyone want Solo back as backup C now that he's shown a pulse?

spreedom
03-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Just say NO to Solomon Jones.

Dgreenwell3
03-08-2012, 03:51 PM
:hmm:

Pre kyrie Irving...he had his highest scoring output in Cleveland with 13 per...if that is his high output, I will pass. DC would have been an all star on that terrible terrible team...

Ace E.Anderson
03-08-2012, 03:58 PM
By the way I also remember that Diaw is a really good friend of Nash, my plan to conquer the world:

1st: Get Diaw from the Bobcats, probably for free.

2nd:Get Barbosa from Toronto, they are trying to trade him for a pick and a player, a second round pick plus AJ+Jeff could get it done?

3rd: Go and get Steve Nash, DC+Tyler+pick should get it done, now we have Nash's friends on the team And like Seth said we could probably be in the ECF why would he go to another team?

Starting unit: Nash, PG,DG,West,Hibbert.

Second unit:Barbosa,Hill,DJ,Diaw,Lou :cool:

That is an awfully slow team lol. I definitely like the idea though! Lol

Derek2k3
03-08-2012, 04:02 PM
That is an awfully slow team lol. I definitely like the idea though! Lol

I like it.

Nash is a bad defender, but Danny/PG can cover for him.

Barbosa as well, but with Dahtnay/Hill the second unit has that covered.

Justin Tyme
03-08-2012, 04:03 PM
He is much better than AJ and is at the same level as DC if not a little better IMO. He brings defense and a good floor game to the table along with a jumper that gets better every season. His floor game would be better than both DC and AJ IMO and would compliment DC very well we would have 2 very solid pgs who do different things.

I've always like Sessions, and my feelings wouldn't be hurt if he became a Pacer. He's not as fast as DC, but can get to the basket better than DC.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Pre kyrie Irving...he had his highest scoring output in Cleveland with 13 per...if that is his high output, I will pass. DC would have been an all star on that terrible terrible team...

And DC's career high in scoring...?

So on one hand, your argument is that DC is better because he's been on better teams, but you also say he'd be an All Star if he was on one of the worst teams in the league? Which is it?

And also, DC could have put up twice his career averages and probably wouldn't have made the All Star team from the Cavs last year.

odeez
03-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Shaking my head! Has anyone checked out Crawford's FG%? He's 1% higher than Granger who half the board wants to trade! In OVER HALF of the games he's played here is his shooting results:

3-13
1-3
7-18
5-13
1-5
1-5
6-23
6-18
6-17
5-14
5-13
4-13
3-10
8-22
2-8
3-12
2-11
2-6
2-10
6-16
2-11

AND this is what you want as a "scorer coming off the bench"? Sorry, that says chucker, blackhole, to me that never saw a shot he didn't like. I didn't want him b4 the season, and I sure don't want him NOW! PASS PASS PASS

That's cool, you don't want him, I still do. Not sure about all the caps?

RLeWorm
03-08-2012, 04:09 PM

yea, i don't think so. DC is still not even that good

Justin Tyme
03-08-2012, 04:10 PM
To me, the prime time to have made a trade was Monday so player could have cleared his physical and to have been able to have had a couple of days b4 this weekends games to practice.

RLeWorm
03-08-2012, 04:15 PM
those of you that want Bird to "pull the trigger" and get kaman already its not going to happen until the deadline. No trades will happen to the deadline. so stop crying "bird, what are you waiting for?"

spreedom
03-08-2012, 04:15 PM
That's cool, you don't want him, I still do. Not sure about all the caps?

I can understand why some people are strongly against the low-efficiency guys like Crawford and Beasley, and honestly I'm not a huge fan of guys that score and don't do anything else well, but at the same time, especially on this team, it's important to have someone who can create off the dribble. I don't think we have anyone right now who we can count on to consistently get clean looks when we need them, so as long as the price tag isn't outrageous I'd be in favor of bringing that type of player in as long as there was a leash on them.

Heisenberg
03-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Josh Smith wants out (http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/03/08/atlanta-hawks-josh-smith-still-wants-a-trade/)

...because ATL didn't promote him enough for the All Star game

Ace E.Anderson
03-08-2012, 04:23 PM
I can understand why some people are strongly against the low-efficiency guys like Crawford and Beasley, and honestly I'm not a huge fan of guys that score and don't do anything else well, but at the same time, especially on this team, it's important to have someone who can create off the dribble. I don't think we have anyone right now who we can count on to consistently get clean looks when we need them, so as long as the price tag isn't outrageous I'd be in favor of bringing that type of player in as long as there was a leash on them.

It's funny that you said that. I've watched the T-Wolves play a few times and wouldn't mind seeing Beasley in a Pacers Uni. The fact that he would be a hybrid forward that could score big off the bench could be beneficial to us during those games when PG and/or DG are struggling to score on the perimeter.

ALSO

He would be nice to have off the bench in case we had to go with a smaller/more athletic lineup (like against ORL with Ryan Anderson, ATL with Josh Smith, PHI with Thad Young,etc) It would definitely be a nice change-up option to have off the bench.

P.S. I know this isnt the place for "fantasy trades"....

spreedom
03-08-2012, 04:24 PM
I can understand being frustrated about not getting the recognition that you deserve... honestly, I think the world of Josh's talent and would love to have him in a Pacers jersey if it was possible without carving up our core.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 04:26 PM
It's funny that you said that. I've watched the T-Wolves play a few times and wouldn't mind seeing Beasley in a Pacers Uni. The fact that he would be a hybrid forward that could score big off the bench could be beneficial to us during those games when PG and/or DG are struggling to score on the perimeter.

ALSO

He would be nice to have off the bench in case we had to go with a smaller/more athletic lineup (like against ORL with Ryan Anderson, ATL with Josh Smith, PHI with Thad Young,etc) It would definitely be a nice change-up option to have off the bench.

P.S. I know this isnt the place for "fantasy trades"....

Yup, I like Beasley too, the only real drawback being that he's probably going to cost a lot of money this summer. Not sure if that's where I'd want my dollars going with Danny and West as our two highest-paid players.

Lance George
03-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Here's the full Josh Smith article...

Atlanta Hawks: Josh Smith still wants to be traded | Atlanta Hawks (http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/03/08/atlanta-hawks-josh-smith-still-wants-a-trade/)

Miami–Even as Josh Smith is having a strong season for the Hawks he has let the team know he wants to be traded as the March 15 deadline approaches, according to people with knowledge of Smith’s thinking.

And the reasons for Smith’s dissatisfaction with the team now have to make the Hawks wonder if they will be able to sign him to a contract extension next season.

By the end of last season Smith wanted out of Atlanta because he believed he was singled out for unfair criticism by coaches and media. Those concerns have died down for the most part this season but now Smith believes he needs a fresh start with a franchise where he can better reach his potential on and off the court, according to one of the people with knowledge of Smith’s thinking.

The person said one of Smith’s complaints is that he believes the Hawks didn’t do enough to promote him for selection to the All-Star team, which he thinks contributed to lesser players being voted to the team by Eastern Conference coaches. Smith, an Atlanta native who has played his entire seven-year career with the Hawks, also would like to play for a franchise he believes is more committed to winning a championship.

As the trade deadline approaches, the Hawks have taken calls from teams interested in acquiring Smith—Golden State is among the teams who have inquired. But the Hawks so far have given no indication that they intend to part with Smith, who likely would command a high price in a trade.

Smith, 26, is under contract through next season, after which he can become an unrestricted free agent. If the Hawks don’t trade Smith and can’t alleviate his concerns by then, they face the real possibility of him signing with another team in the summer of 2013 because there figures to be a strong market for him.

I asked Smith about all of this last night before the Hawks played the Heat but he declined to comment. This is the third season in a row he’s been at the center of trade rumors.

“I really don’t pay any attention to it,” he said. “I just go out there and play the way I play and not worry about anything else. I know this is a business. Whatever happens, happens in the long run. But I know as long as I’m with the Hawks, I have to put my best foot forward.”

This season Smith is averaging 17.1 points, 9.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 2.0 blocks and 1.5 steals. No other player in the league can match those numbers across all categories. It’s that all-around productivity that makes the Hawks reluctant to part with Smith.

Smith’s value as a defender at the basket becomes obvious when Hawks opponents drive to rim when Smith goes to the bench.

“People look at the offensive end but defensively he changes the game,” Hawks coach Larry Drew said recently. “He is one of the few players I think that can play a defensive game and impact the game even if his offense is not on that night.”

The main knock on Smith’s game is his shooting.

After making 39 percent of his long two-point shots last season, a mark that was right at the league average, Smith is making just 31 percent (http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Josh%20Smith)of those attempts this season while attempting nearly two more per game. However, he’s attempting more shots per game at the basket and fewer 3-pointers than last season and his free-throw rate is up slightly.

Smith’s free-throw percentage has plummeted to a career-low 57.7 percent this season after he made a career-high 72.5 percent in 2010-11. His free-throw percentage has improved over the last 20 games or so.

Smith said he’s improved his free-throw shooting by taking his time at the line and expects his jump shots to start falling more often as the season goes on.

“It’s a long season but it came to you real quick,” he said. “They are throwing games at us left and right. If you look around the league most people’s percentages are down more so than usual.”

Smith’s emotional demeanor on the court has drawn fire from critics and has caused friction with teammates at times. But Jerry Stackhouse , an Atlanta resident who had developed a relationship with Smith before joining the Hawks this season, said Smith has grown in that area and Smith’s ability makes it difficult for the Hawks to trade him.

“His talent, that’s what you can’t give up on with Josh,” Stackhouse said. “It’s easy to say, ‘All right, let’s just move him.’ And then he goes and clicks at the next stop and you’ve got to look at that every night and you had it in house. That’s kind of the dilemma with Josh. You know you are going to get some uneasy moments from time to time but, for the most part, he’s really about winning. He wants to win. He’s competitive. I relate to that.

“How he handles his emotions and frustrations, sometimes he rubs people the wrong way and bruises them. But I think he’s happy-go-lucky. He thinks, ‘It was just heat of the moment’ and we can move on from it but he can bruise people. I think he’s learning that. He is learning to control his emotions a little better and it’s good for our team. The better Josh Smith is, the better the Atlanta Hawks are.”

Smith said his emotion fuels his performance but he’s made an effort to tone it down in the past couple seasons. He said he’s especially done so this year as injuries to Al Horford and Joe Johnson have increased the team’s reliance on him.

“I’m definitely an emotional player but I’m kind of bottling it up, understanding the importance of what my team needs and just trying to stay positive and have constructive criticism when possible,” he said. “Now I’m at the point of my career where I can voice my opinion a little bit more and it will be recognized more than back in the day [when] it got drowned out more so than anything else.

“[Teammates] know that I have good intentions, no matter how it’s delivered. I am saying stuff because I want to win games. It’s not nothing personal or to try to hurt or bash any one of my teammates or anyone else.”

Lance George
03-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Does anyone here believe Atlanta would be willing to deal Smith to an Eastern Conference rival like us? I know someone above said they wouldn't break up our "core" for him, but seeing what a talent he is, I'd have to think long and hard about it.

Heisenberg
03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
I'd swap Danny for Smith and worry about how to make it work later.

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Sign me up for Josh Smith too, JS 18 and 9 for Danny's 18 and 5? Hell yeah!!!

Heisenberg
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Worth nothing Smith has a 15% trade kicker on a 12.4mil deal. So it'd add around 1.8mil.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Does anyone here believe Atlanta would be willing to deal Smith to an Eastern Conference rival like us? I know someone above said they wouldn't break up our "core" for him, but seeing what a talent he is, I'd have to think long and hard about it.

If you're referring to me by that I meant that I wouldn't want to trade a majority of our key players for him, not that I wouldn't trade any of them. I would probably do any trade short of sending them Roy AND PG24, but I would send either of those two if it got the deal done and we had reasonable means to bring in other bodies.

And honestly, if we were talking about getting something like Smith AND Horford, I'd probably send both of those two. But I don't want to get too far off-topic.

Ace E.Anderson
03-08-2012, 04:46 PM
If you're referring to me by that I meant that I wouldn't want to trade a majority of our key players for him, not that I wouldn't trade any of them. I would probably do any trade short of sending them Roy AND PG24, but I would send either of those two if it got the deal done and we had reasonable means to bring in other bodies.

And honestly, if we were talking about getting something like Smith AND Horford, I'd probably send both of those two. But I don't want to get too far off-topic.

You make a good point. They would probably DEFINITELY want Hibbert as well. That way they could move Horford to the 4...

able
03-08-2012, 04:58 PM
we are skimming deletion again, please stop with these trade proposals; they are your ideas, not rumours or facts from the press

Please post your tradefantasy in the trades forum, there is a reason we have that forum.

I am reaching a stage where trespassers will be shot

2minutes twoa
03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
we are skimming deletion again, please stop with these trade proposals; they are your ideas, not rumours or facts from the press

Please post your tradefantasy in the trades forum, there is a reason we have that forum.

I am reaching a stage where trespassers will be shot

A legitimate article was posted stating Josh Smith requested a trade, so discussions started on who Atlanta would want. I don't see anything wrong with that, but then again I'm not that picky.

Lance George
03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Please Please adhere to the board's rules, this is a thread to post and discuss actual rumours (referals, links requried) and news (referal and links required) and discuss those.

It would be appreciated if you'd elaborate on the above. What are we suppose to discuss about these rumors, exactly?

I understand not wanting this thread to become nothing but links to the ESPN Trade Machine, but how do we discuss rumored available players without delving into possible trade scenarios involving us? That seems to be cutting off the majority of discussion, and the most interesting part, no less. What else are we suppose to comment on?

Unacceptable

[I am sure you can come up with something better than that nonsense A]
It all seems kind of silly to me, but it's not my board, so whatever.

able
03-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Oh dear, Ours is not to wonder why.....
or wait; The opressed masses were rendered speechless......

Please, don't try to be a marter, rules are simple and clear to everyone, if you don't like it, post your news in the trade forum and play with trademachines all day long.

outside of that, please stick to the rules.
NO DIY trade proposals.

able
03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
A legitimate article was posted stating Josh Smith requested a trade, so discussions started on who Atlanta would want. I don't see anything wrong with that, but then again I'm not that picky.
Discuss the fact that he does (or is rumoured to have done, i strangely don't see any discussion on that part) here, consequences for Atl etc, all here.

Trade fantasy and playing with the trademachine : in the trade forum.

2minutes twoa
03-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Discuss the fact that he does (or is rumoured to have done, i strangely don't see any discussion on that part) here, consequences for Atl etc, all here.

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

I, 2Minutes Twoa, being of sound mind and slightly overweight body, do solemnly swear to abide by the rules set forth at the beginning of this thread, so help me God.

PacerPenguins
03-08-2012, 05:41 PM
HMMMMMMM Interesting

Rajon Rondo, G, Celtics

If Ainge waits and does nothing, the Celtics will be a middling lottery team without much hope next season -- in the same spot where Ainge inherited them a few years ago. He doesn't want to go back there. If he can get two pieces back for Rondo, I think he'll do it. Atlanta, Portland and Indiana are interesting destinations if they are willing to pay.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7657244/nba-most-likely-traded

spreedom
03-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Yes, that is interesting and will have an impact on the Celtics.

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 05:49 PM
HMMMMMMM Interesting

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7657244/nba-most-likely-traded

If you want to know my opinion regarding this article please go to the trade proposal area, thank you.

vnzla81
03-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Guys I just opened a new thread in the trade proposal area were we can talk about the rumors, trade proposals or anything related to the trade deadline.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?p=1391856#post1391856

spreedom
03-08-2012, 06:06 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/beasley-trade-talks-ongoing-with-teams-trying-to-woo-howard/

Beasley trade talks ongoing with teams trying to woo Howard

If you were Dwight Howard, would the presence of Michael Beasley on a team make you want to play there?

I wouldn’t think so either, but some of the teams most active in trying to get the forward out of Minnesota are teams trying to impress Howard, according to Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.

It’s no secret that Minnesota is likely to trade Michael Beasley, with the most interested potential suitors being the Boston, the Lakers and Orlando. The Magic are pursuing multiple avenues in an attempt to improve the team in the hopes that a long playoff run could persuade Howard to stay. If Orlando holds off on trading Howard at the deadline, sources say Beasley could be a viable piece for the Nets to add as they try to upgrade their talent to make the team more attractive to Howard and Deron Williams.

Does everyone else see more there than I do? He is putting up 11.9 points on 44 percent shooting this year, with a PER of 13.7 that is below the league average. If you let him shoot a lot he can score a lot of points, but he is not going to do it in an efficient way that helps you win. Plus there are questions of his, um, maturity and focus. That’s what we’ll call it.

And I don’t see how that helps attract Howard.

I'm not telling what the local speculation is from Orlando.

McKeyFan
03-08-2012, 06:17 PM

None of this would be a problem if the other thread had not been closed. Why not just re-open it?

BQQ
03-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Ben Golliver ‏ @blazersedge
League source: Reported Blazers / Pacers talks for Jamal Crawford are "legitimate." Portland asking for 2012 first & A.J. Price.
Retweeted by Justin Beck

Hicks
03-08-2012, 06:36 PM
League source: Reported Blazers / Pacers talks for Jamal Crawford are "legitimate." Portland asking for 2012 first & A.J. Price.
Retweeted by Justin Beck

A FIRST? Eh...

Gamble1
03-08-2012, 06:41 PM
A FIRST? Eh...
Thats way too much... Are we winning a championship this year? I don't think so.

Give them a second and Price thats all I would do.

Hypnotiq
03-08-2012, 06:41 PM
no way crawford will opt out for free agency again

granger4mvp
03-08-2012, 06:44 PM
DO IT

Psyren
03-08-2012, 06:45 PM
I like Crawford but i wouldnt even consider dealing my 2012 first for him

PacerPenguins
03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Retweeted by Justin Beck

do it! We need a legitimate scorer and crawford can shoot lights out on any given night. Then after that we need to go after kaman... that would make us real contenders imo....

PacerPride33
03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
A little Pacers talk on John Hollinger's chat this afternoon...sorry if already posted

In math classi (Indy)

Will the Pacers go after Rondo, Ellis, or Gordon? If not then who?

John Hollinger (2:17 PM)

I think Pacers are very intrigued by Rondo and really like Gordon if they keep the cap space heading into this summer. Ellis? Haven't heard anything about him and frankly I think he's a weird fit on a team that already needs more passing, not less.

\

Sandman21
03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Make it a 2012 Second Rounder and 2013 First with AJ and I say yes.

Hypnotiq
03-08-2012, 06:49 PM
also this about crawford;

Pacers balking at including pick. "The first team to give Portland a first round pick for Crawford will have him," source said.

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Oh dear, Ours is not to wonder why.....
or wait; The opressed masses were rendered speechless......

Please, don't try to be a marter, rules are simple and clear to everyone, if you don't like it, post your news in the trade forum and play with trademachines all day long.

outside of that, please stick to the rules.
NO DIY trade proposals.

Where us that first quote from? I like it

PacerPenguins
GET THIS MAN! GUY IS MONEY! AND IS BEAST DOWN THE STRETCH!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lHaHo_hkvdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bw2nDFsC0yA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PacerGuy
Retweeted by Justin Beck

First & Price? Add Camby & I'm in. No '12 if not.

spreedom
03-08-2012, 06:55 PM

UNACCEPTABLE

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2012, 06:55 PM
A FIRST? Eh...

Oh snapples

Sook, its just a rumor, nothin happen

AJ still a Pacer

:)

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2012, 06:56 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/caught_web_indiana_pacers_blog_foster_2012_03_08.h tml

March 8, 2012 - The plan all along was to nurse Jeff Foster along, keep his minutes modest and make sure the veteran would be as ready as possible for the playoffs.

That still is the plan, although there are a few new wrinkles.

For the second time this season, Foster has undergone a procedure to alleviate the pain in his lower back. Last time it happened, he missed almost a month. How long it will take this time remains to be seen although it sounds like they're going to be even more cautious bringing him back.

"We're kind of in the same position we were two months ago, had a couple more shots and we're kind of in a wait-and-see period to see how they play out," Foster said. "I've been dealing with this for awhile so it's not like it's a new thing. It's frustrating to see it takes longer to recover from it. Obviously, that happens when you get older. Things take awhile and you've just got to be patient with it."

Lou Amundson has performed well as the primary backup center, averaging 5.8 points and 6.6 rebounds in 13.8 minutes in the last five games. But at 6-9, 225, Amundson is better suited to matchup with power forwards, not centers. Jeff Pendergraph (6-9, 240) has a little more bulk but his playing time has been much more sporadic as he fell behind due to injury early in the season.

"I've got a great deal of confidence in Lou Amundson, he's been playing really good basketball for us. If we need to extend his minutes, I'm fine with that," Coach Frank Vogel said. "(Pendergraph)'s next, he's ready to go. If we have any injuries or foul trouble he can jump right in there and I feel good about what he can give us, as well."

With the trade deadline a week away, Foster's uncertain status could have an impact on the Pacers' plans. They have been linked in trade talks with the Hornets centering on Chris Kaman, but he'll be a tough get. For one, he plays for a franchise owned by the league; just ask the Lakers how tough it is to make a trade with the Hornets.

If a deal was to be made, the time would've been when Kaman was told to stay home by the Hornets because he didn't fit in the plans. Since returning to the starting lineup he has played very well and, with Eric Gordon still sidelined, might just be the Hornets' most valuable healthy asset. That could very well raise the asking price beyond reason.

"The great thing about the way we've got our organization and our front office set up is I've got a great deal of faith and confidence in Larry (Bird) and David Morway and whatever they feel they need, it's their team," Vogel said. "I'm just here to coach it."

Before the season began, when Foster was hurting and Pendergraph was out, the Pacers made the move to acquire Amundson from Golden State for Brandon Rush. With Foster still hurting, they may be inclined to make another move to bolster the frontcourt, at the right price.
Follow @conrad_brunner on Twitter

Sandman21
03-08-2012, 06:58 PM
UNACCEPTABLE

Trading our first rounder this year is far more unacceptable to me. If we have to offer our second rounder this year in addition to the 2013 first rounder and AJ, so be it.

ksuttonjr76
03-08-2012, 06:59 PM
I swear that the last 7-10 posts about Crawford should be in green. AJ Price + 1st Round Pick in the 20s = No Brainer for me

BornReady
03-08-2012, 07:06 PM
I swear that the last 7-10 posts about Crawford should be in green. AJ Price + 1st Round Pick in the 20s = No Brainer for me

I don't think its that clear cut. I don't think Crawford is worth that much and I wouldn't do that trade.

xBulletproof
03-08-2012, 07:07 PM
You guys are crazy giving up a first round pick to have Crawford for 30 games.

PacerPenguins
03-08-2012, 07:07 PM
I don't think its that clear cut. I don't think Crawford is worth that much and I wouldn't do that trade.

its not like our 20th pick this year is going to get any significant time in the next couple of years... so hell ya do it!

Justin Tyme
03-08-2012, 07:08 PM

Oops, I deleted my orginal proposed post, b/c it didn't meet the threads paramters, so NO WAY DO YOU GIVE a 1ST for a player who will be bolting for FA. A 1st for a 29 game rental of Chucker Crawford isn't a prudent trade. PASS!

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I'd swap Danny for Smith and worry about how to make it work later.

Smith might be the better player (thats debatable though)

Problem is if we trade Granger, where the heck would we get our consistent points from?

PacerPenguins
03-08-2012, 07:11 PM
You guys are crazy giving up a first round pick to have Crawford for 30 games.

crawford wouldn't opt out... his 5 mil $ contract is perfect and he wants a winning team with potential which is exactly wat the pacers have

Hypnotiq
its not like our 20th pick this year is going to get any significant time in the next couple of years... so hell ya do it!

how do you know ? we draft pretty well

BornReady

I'd only do it if we could guarantee locking him for a longer period of time at his current contract price. But that would also mean that we would have to do everything in our power to become a championship team now.

Justin Tyme

A 1st from any year is a no trade for a 29 game rental!!

PacerPenguins
03-08-2012, 07:12 PM
how do you know ? we draft pretty well

we do draft well but with the way our team is right now he won't jump in like PG did taking over for a sucky player.... our team is good we just need veteran leadership and a scorer

BornReady
03-08-2012, 07:12 PM
crawford wouldn't opt out... his 5 mil $ contract is perfect and he wants a winning team with potential which is exactly wat the pacers have

he initially wanted more money and was unable to get more. he also flat out rejected the pacers offer prior to this season - I'm not sure how he feels about playing for the Ps

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2012, 07:14 PM
also this about crawford;

Pacers balking at including pick. "The first team to give Portland a first round pick for Crawford will have him," source said.

No problem, Portland can have our first round pick

In 2016, as we are defending champions of the NBA

xBulletproof
03-08-2012, 07:17 PM

The guy didn't demand an opt out clause anywhere he went just to not use it.

Justin Tyme

Really! You got some inside info you want to share? I remember a player named Peja who decided to opt out a few years back after a half season rental. Bird counted on that not happening, and guess what it did happen. Burnt once twice shy. PASS!

PacerPenguins
he initially wanted more money and was unable to get more. he also flat out rejected the pacers offer prior to this season - I'm not sure how he feels about playing for the Ps

so wat makes u think he gets more money this offseason? doesn't make sense to me... i think he would be more than happy on the pacers

90'sNBARocked
03-08-2012, 07:19 PM

I dont know about that... He turned us down once already

Once bitten twice shy

Good luck to Portland thinking they will get a decent backup plus a mid 20's first round pick next year

I would offer either AJ and a 2nd round pick

or just our first round pick in 2013

BornReady
03-08-2012, 07:20 PM
so wat makes u think he gets more money this offseason? doesn't make sense to me... i think he would be more than happy on the pacers

I never said he does - point is, I'd rather not take a 30 game chance on somebody who overvalues himself, who I'm not certain wants to play for my team, and who I DON'T think by any stretch of the imagination is the answer to our problems. I'd rather take my chances in the draft.

pacer4ever
03-08-2012, 07:24 PM
trading a 1st for Crawford would be insane when we could of got him last off season. **** we could of offered JR Smith a contract who is basically the same player.

Really if our FO did give a 1st I would question if they are sane.

Pacerized
03-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Could someone with insider post the Chad Ford trade watch?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=7657244&_slug_=nba-most-likely-traded&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fstory%3fid%3d7657244%26_slug_%3dnba-most-likely-traded

PacerPenguins
03-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Could someone with insider post the Chad Ford trade watch?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=7657244&_slug_=nba-most-likely-traded&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fstory%3fid%3d7657244%26_slug_%3dnba-most-likely-traded

here u go

With the trade deadline just a week away, we should be in high gear. Instead, a number of GMs are reporting trade deadline gridlock.

Part of that has to do with the Dwight Howard saga. The on-again, off-again nature of Howard's trade status has not only captured most of the headlines, but has held up teams such as the Lakers, Nets and Bulls as they wait to see where he will land.

NBA Trade Machine
Put on your GM hat and make your own trades and deals.
Trade Machine

The other reason for the slower-than-usual trade talk is the shortened season. Even though the NBA pushed the trade deadline back several weeks, there's uncertainty from many teams about where they stand in the playoff race, especially in the West, where eight teams are in a dead heat behind the Thunder.

Are the Lakers, for example, a No. 2 seed or a No. 9 seed? Only three games separate them from either spot. If they are a 2-seed, they probably would stick with what they have and try to win another championship. But if they're a 9-seed? They might want to blow up the team right now while they have the chance. If teams aren't sure what they need or whom to trade, it will be hard for them to make a deal.

But after talking with teams throughout the league, we still expect significant trades before next Thursday's deadline. Here's a look at 10 high-profile players who could be changing uniforms by March 15.

Impact Players Most Likely To Be Moved
(Ranked from most likely to least likely to be traded)

1. Rajon Rondo, G, Celtics

2. Josh Smith, F, Hawks
Again, I know what the Hawks are saying. "We're not shopping anyone ... yada, yada, yada." The truth is, Rick Sund has been exploring possible Josh Smith deals for the past few years. If he could get a legit point guard and a credible forward to replace Smith, he'd do it. If the Celtics would offer Rondo, I think they'd have a deal. Ditto if the Suns would offer Steve Nash.

3. Chris Kaman, C, Hornets
It's no secret that Kaman is on the block. Given that the Hornets really don't want much in return, I'm surprised he hasn't found a home already.

The Warriors, Rockets and Heat have shown a lot of interest. And with Jeff Foster still out in Indy, Kaman could be a great fit with the Pacers as well. He has no long-term future in New Orleans. This one is a no-brainer.

4. Monta Ellis, G, Warriors
Ellis is a dynamic scorer, but it just isn't working in Golden State and probably never will as long as Ellis and Stephen Curry are in the backcourt together.

The Warriors really need a big man, which makes a deal tough because most GMs aren't willing to trade big for small. But if the Warriors would be willing to take back Amare Stoudemire from the Knicks or if the Hawks were willing to swap Smith for Ellis, I think there's a deal to be had.

5. Pau Gasol, F, Lakers
Gasol is playing better and so were the Lakers, until this week. That's got to hurt the chances that the Lakers move him for anyone other than Dwight Howard before the deadline. But the Lakers have to be looking at the Celtics and sweating a bit. They don't want to be the team that is on the verge of plummeting into lottery hell next season.

Kobe Bryant won't be playing at this level forever, and neither will Gasol. Gasol can fetch the Lakers some good young assets now. In another year, I'm not sure we'll be able to say the same.

6. Gerald Wallace, F, Blazers
The Blazers balked a bit at moving Wallace at the start of the season, but they seem more open to it now. Nicolas Batum is their long-term answer at the small forward position, and they aren't really competing for a title.

A few long-term assets might be all that's required to pry Wallace from Portland. I could see the Magic making a big push in this direction.

7. Eric Gordon, G, Hornets
Gordon was supposed to be the centerpiece of the Hornets' new rebuilding effort, but injuries have kept him out of the lineup for all but two games this season. With Gordon hitting restricted free agency this summer and preferring to play elsewhere, do the Hornets cut their losses and try to make a deal now while they can?

The team has coveted New Orleans native Danny Granger in the past, and the Pacers would love to bring back one of Indy's own as well. It would be a risky move for the Pacers, as Gordon is still several weeks away from being ready to play. But it could be a great move long term.

8. Dwight Howard, C, Magic
Howard should be atop this list. All signs point to his leaving Orlando this summer if he makes it to unrestricted free agency, where the Nets and Mavs will throw money at him, and the Knicks and Lakers could find ways to get involved, too. Alas, Magic GM Otis Smith thinks he has a shot at keeping Howard and is telling GMs he won't move the All-Star big man before the deadline.

While the offers the Lakers and Nets have put together for Howard won't blow anyone away, they are better than the zero Howard could leave the Magic with this summer.

9. Deron Williams, PG, Nets
If Dwight Howard makes his way to New Jersey, all is well. The Nets would re-sign both Williams and Howard, and suddenly have the best point guard-center combo in the NBA. But if Howard doesn't end up in New Jersey, the Nets will be in danger of losing Williams for nothing. After all they gave up to get him, that has to keep Billy King up at night.

The problem for the Nets is they are paralyzed until they know what's happening with Howard. If the Magic move him to the Lakers or Bulls, Williams moves to the top of this list. If Howard isn't traded and remains on track to become a free agent (or if Howard is dealt to the Nets at the deadline), Williams will stay put.

10. Steve Nash, PG, Suns
The Suns continue to insist they're not trading Nash, which might be true. That's why Nash is at the bottom of the list. They even believe they have a chance at re-signing him this summer, which is a pipe dream.

The Suns are no longer a playoff team and are on the verge of a major rebuilding project. While Nash has publicly supported the Suns, it doesn't make much sense for either party to keep the marriage alive. Nash is still playing like an All-Star and could have a chance at winning a title elsewhere.

At this point, the Suns won't get much for him. His contract expires in a few months, and Nash has made it clear he'll shop the market. But if the Suns lose him for nothing? They would join the Cavs and Raptors as teams that let their fantasies get in the way of reality.

Sookie
03-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Oh snapples

Sook, its just a rumor, nothin happen

AJ still a Pacer

Seems like a not so good trade for the Blazers..

I don't quite understand why the Blazers would do that..I could be wrong, but looking at their roster (and with Felton struggling) isn't Crawford their best guard? (I haven't really watched him, or the Blazers play)

I like AJ as well as anyone, and it looks like he'd be the primary backup, but isn't your best guard worth more than AJ and a 1st?

Hill and Crawford seem like they'd be a good backcourt. But my concern (and I haven't seen Crawford play, so I don't know) is once again the lack of PG issue. And, that those two will take playing time from PG.