PDA

View Full Version : Same old story for the Pacers

doctor-h
03-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Point guard play was absolutely horrible again. Vogel's coaching very, very bad tonight. Mentally too weak. Not enough guys that create for themselves or others. Rebounding was terrible. Dahntay doesn't even see the floor all of a sudden. He might be the most mentally tough guy on the team. Foster can't play again, he is useless to us. Our best player and our all star played terrible in a big game again. Granger's effort was awful again. Can West jump at all. If Vogel does not give Hill minutes at the point, why did we bring him here. But don't worry Pacer fans, we can still beat the bad teams and most of the average teams when their best players are hurt.

jeffg-body
03-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Wow, yes it was a bad game all around but we have to remember that not only we have a young team, but we also have a fairly inexperienced head coach. We played badly in the second half but hopefully things will be better tomorrow. The young guys are gonna have to learn from experience.

Pace Maker
03-06-2012, 12:03 AM
I know it was a disappointing loss, but at least wait until we finish this brutal 9 game stretch before evaluating if the team is "for real" or not.

Mourning
03-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Wow! I thought I was looking at the kneejerk thread when I read the opening post in this thread.

Roaming Gnome
03-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Wow! I thought I was looking at the kneejerk thread when I read the opening post in this thread.

Yep, this thread isn't breaking new ground or planting any flags and just belongs in the post game.

TheDavisBrothers
03-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Same old story for the Haters

We lose 1 game and the whole team is *****, let's blow up the whole team, and pray that we get some good lottery picks, so we can get some actually talent

doctor-h
03-06-2012, 12:33 AM

Efforts like these are exactly why nobody takes the Pacers seriously and the arena is half empty most of the time. If you think that is kneejerk OK, but I live in the real world. The team cannot compete with a half empty arena and not enough paying fans to support the team. There is nobody on this team that truly brings in the fans. They are a bunch of average players on an average team.

doctor-h
03-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Same old story for the Haters

We lose 1 game and the whole team is *****, let's blow up the whole team, and pray that we get some good lottery picks, so we can get some actually talent

Nobody is a hater here. I was loving this team before you were born. There was a time when they played for championships and the arena was full. Now they seem just happy to be average. I am tired of people telling me Granger is a star. He is nothing but an average role player. Fans will never fill an arena to watch Granger play. Maybe Paul George can fill that need in the future but he is not there yet.

granger4mvp
03-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Efforts like these are exactly why nobody takes the Pacers seriously and the arena is half empty most of the time. If you think that is kneejerk OK, but I live in the real world. The team cannot compete with a half empty arena and not enough paying fans to support the team. There is nobody on this team that truly brings in the fans. They are a bunch of average players on an average team.

Ol negative nancy in da house

TheDavisBrothers
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Doctor-h this many be mind blowing to you but a team can be between average and great, so can a player

doctor-h
03-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Yep, this thread isn't breaking new ground or planting any flags and just belongs in the post game.

Sorry, I will ask your permission next time a post. I want to make absolutely sure I post something in the proper section.

doctor-h
03-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Doctor-h this many be mind blowing to you but a team can be between average and great, so can a player

No kidding, you are brilliant.

TheDavisBrothers
03-06-2012, 12:52 AM
No kidding, you are brilliant.

Gee thanks, maybe I should be the doctor

TheDavisBrothers
03-06-2012, 12:56 AM
So if you are willing to admit there is a level between average and great, then can you at least acknowledge that the Pacers ara a GOOD team, and Granger is a GOOD player?

Mr_Smith
03-06-2012, 12:57 AM
I knew a "the sky is falling" thread would pop up.

Derek2k3
03-06-2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.tensionnot.com/pictures/images/Animal/Calm-Down-Bro.jpg

I wonder how/why people "root" for teams when at the first sign of trouble they panic.

Pacers played well for 2-1/3 quarters, but were unable to withstand a furious onslaught by the best team (Record wise) in the NBA, that included their star going from 1/9 to hitting 3 3-pointers, Deng draining 2 including one from 40 feet, and the offense going cold. Disappointing? Yep. Shocking? No. This team is not all the way there yet, but they showed they CAN hang with them, just need to do it for 48 minutes. They'll get there.

And if you truly have been "rooting for this team before you were born" then you'd be enjoying the heck out of a core of quality guys that are winning and carrying themselves in a manner that makes you proud to be a Pacer fan. Last season the Pacers are well below .500, this season they lose to Miami/Chicago (THE TWO BEST TEAMS IN THE EAST!) and people freak.

Guess what: Pacers are not favored to win the title. Miami/Chicago is. The Pacers are not in that level yet, but it's clear that they are getting there. Unless a person refuses to see it, it's clear that this team is moving in the right direction.

Go Pacers, always.

doctor-h
03-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Ol negative nancy in da house

Granger4mvp explains it. Keep dreaming

doctor-h
03-06-2012, 01:04 AM
http://www.tensionnot.com/pictures/images/Animal/Calm-Down-Bro.jpg

I wonder how/why people "root" for teams when at the first sign of trouble they panic.

Pacers played well for 2-1/3 quarters, but were unable to withstand a furious onslaught by the best team (Record wise) in the NBA, that included their star going from 1/9 to hitting 3 3-pointers, Deng draining 2 including one from 40 feet, and the offense going cold. Disappointing? Yep. Shocking? No. This team is not all the way there yet, but they showed they CAN hang with them, just need to do it for 48 minutes. They'll get there.

And if you truly have been "rooting for this team before you were born" then you'd be enjoying the heck out of a core of quality guys that are winning and carrying themselves in a manner that makes you proud to be a Pacer fan. Last season the Pacers are well below .500, this season they lose to Miami/Chicago (THE TWO BEST TEAMS IN THE EAST!) and people freak.

Guess what: Pacers are not favored to win the title. Miami/Chicago is. The Pacers are not in that level yet, but it's clear that they are getting there. Unless a person refuses to see it, it's clear that this team is moving in the right direction.

Go Pacers, always.

I agree the team is moving in the right direction and I like most of the guys on the team. But continually not being competitive in games like these is the reason alot of people don't take them serious. They don't have the mental toughness to get it done in games like these. The effort on the boards tonight is testimony to that. They have all this cap space and flexibility to do something and they are reluctant to do it. There is a reason the arena is half full even when they are practically giving tickets away. What do you think the reason for that is?