PDA

View Full Version : Hibbert: "Something about Noah justs gets under my skin"

Steagles
03-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Just saw that on the news. Big Roy doesn't like Noah either :D

"Derrick gets hype off people celebrating," Noah said. "When people talk about celebration I just feel like, 'You're not going to out-celebrate me.' Roy Hibbert cannot out-celebrate me. So if they want to see some celebration when we win, I can show them some celebration ... I know how to celebrate."

Doddage
03-05-2012, 06:30 PM
This is probably common sentiment among NBA centers.

Lance George
03-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Probably his scabies.

cdash
03-05-2012, 06:32 PM
What's this...the seeds of a rivalry?! Bring it on asshats!

PacerPenguins
03-05-2012, 06:33 PM
this might turn out to be a bloodbath

MillerTime
03-05-2012, 06:36 PM
http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/noah.gif

CableKC
03-05-2012, 06:39 PM
I think that I recall saying this in one of the game threads a long time ago when we played the Bulls.....Noah is the type of Player that you HATE to play against ( for one reason or another )...but is the type of Teammate that you want on your Team.

HC
03-05-2012, 07:02 PM
I think that I recall saying this in one of the game threads a long time ago when we played the Bulls.....Noah is the type of Player that you HATE to play against ( for one reason or another )...but is the type of Teammate that you want on your Team.

I would never support a player responsible for the gif above as well as the one I posted over in the smack talk thread. This guy is as big of an a**hat as you will ever find.

Pingu
03-05-2012, 07:11 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1273045_o.gif

dal9
03-05-2012, 07:11 PM
This is probably common sentiment among people not immediately related to Noah.
fixeded.

TMJ31
03-05-2012, 07:15 PM

Key difference being that when this was taken, Reggie was on the court murdering the Knicks.

Noah is on the sidelines clowning around like a moron with his team up by double digits in the other photo.

Just sayin.

CableKC
03-05-2012, 07:15 PM
I would never support a player responsible for the gif above as well as the one I posted over in the smack talk thread. This guy is as big of an a**hat as you will ever find.
Although it doesn't look as stupid as Noah doing the whole "gunslinger putting his guns back in his holster" routine, GH does something similar when he hit's a 3pt shot ( as in the whole "gunslinger" routine ). Of course, GH looks way cooler when he does it cuz he actually takes and makes 3pt shots while mowing down opposing Teams like another Pacer "Rifleman" ;) as opposed to doing what Noah does that makes him look like he's trying to do some dance or something.

Day-V
03-05-2012, 07:16 PM

Epic.

Pingu
03-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Key difference being that when this was taken, Reggie was on the court murdering the Knicks.

Noah is on the sidelines clowning around like a moron with his team up by double digits in the other photo.

Just sayin.

I should have made clear what the point of posting this GIF of Reggie was:

Noah, like Reggie, is a guy who loves being the enemy, who will do whatever he can to get under your skin because he cares about winning and believes that this gives his team an edge.

All I'm saying is people who call Noah a "punk" or "asshat" should go and read "I love being the enemy" if they haven't done so yet, and that will give them a different perspective on things.

TMJ31
03-05-2012, 07:26 PM

Noah, like Reggie, is a guy who loves being the enemy, who will do whatever he can to get under your skin because he cares about winning and believes that this gives his team an edge.

All I'm saying is people who call Noah a "punk" or "asshat" should go and read "I love being the enemy" if they haven't done so yet, and that will give them a different perspective on things.

Oh I'm fully on board with what you're saying.

I've read that book about a half dozen times.

The key difference here, is that Reggie is ours and Noah is "theirs".

So screw him...

:gopacers:

BlueNGold
03-05-2012, 07:27 PM

These are the types of guys who make the NBA interesting. The expressions. The drama they create.

This is why, while I hate Noah with a burning passion, I would love for him to be a Pacer.

Pingu
03-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Now let's hope Roy is as ticked off by Noah as PD is!

:boomer:

Eddie Gill
03-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Where are you guys getting these gifs? They're fantastic!

Pingu
03-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Where are you guys getting these gifs? They're fantastic!

Best Pacers-related GIF ever:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Shade20x6/tinsley_dustpan-1.gif

Brad8888
03-05-2012, 07:42 PM

:notamused:

TMJ31
03-05-2012, 07:43 PM

I don't know what's funnier...

Jamaal waving that thing around like a crazed lunatic, or John Edwards standing there looking like a little kid lost in the middle of Times Square.

He almost gets his by the dust pan square in the face and he just has this goofy look on his face and doesn't flinch. I've never noticed that before.

Also: One section of railing on the right side of the tunnel looks like it just about got ripped off clean. Crazy!

BlueNGold
03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't know what's funnier...

Jamaal waving that thing around like a crazed lunatic, or John Edwards standing there looking like a little kid lost in the middle of Times Square.

He almost gets his by the dust pan square in the face and he just has this goofy look on his face and doesn't flinch. I've never noticed that before.

Also: One section of railing on the right side of the tunnel looks like it just about got ripped off clean. Crazy!

The guy in the suit behind Jamaal appears to have taken a shot from the dust pan. I'm still wondering why Jamaal thought a dust pan could be used as much of a weapon.

Shade
03-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Noah is the prefect spokesman for a team of mental midgets.

BPump33
03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
The guy in the suit behind Jamaal appears to have taken a shot from the dust pan. I'm still wondering why Jamaal thought a dust pan could be used as much of a weapon.

Is that Mike Brown? I know it said he was cut and bleeding in the locker room that night.

TMJ31
03-05-2012, 07:56 PM

Guess he thought it was the perfect weapon for a good old fashioned dust up.

:rimshot:

RLeWorm
03-05-2012, 07:59 PM
brawl at the United center! Lets get it! jk. But i would like to see Roy and Noah get into it. Or better yet West and Boozer!

Ownagedood
03-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Its not gonna be as chippy as you would think... joey crawford is officiating.

Pingu
03-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Maybe the players from both teams will band together to brawl with Joey Crawford.

TheDavisBrothers
03-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Something? How about everything!

pizza guy
03-05-2012, 08:12 PM
The difference between Reggie giving the infamous "choke" and Noah shooting his pistols and then holstering them is that Reggie was our clear-cut #1 and leader. Noah is a 10 & 10 guy whose calling card is getting under people's skin. He's not a shooter, so he should find a new celebration. Reggie was clutch, so he could say the other team choked.

A lot of people keep saying that Pacer fans would love Noah if he were on our team, but I can't see any way I'd agree with that.

RLeWorm
03-05-2012, 08:26 PM
The difference between Reggie giving the infamous "choke" and Noah shooting his pistols and then holstering them is that Reggie was our clear-cut #1 and leader. Noah is a 10 & 10 guy whose calling card is getting under people's skin. He's not a shooter, so he should find a new celebration. Reggie was clutch, so he could say the other team choked.

A lot of people keep saying that Pacer fans would love Noah if he were on our team, but I can't see any way I'd agree with that.

Noah is one of the most overrated players in the league. I honestly think because he celebrates after play, everyone thinks "wow this guys has such a passion for the, just look at him". lol

Deadshot
03-05-2012, 09:15 PM
The difference between Reggie giving the infamous "choke" and Noah shooting his pistols and then holstering them is that Reggie was our clear-cut #1 and leader.

It might also be worth noting that Reggie's choking taunt was directed a Spike Lee and not a Knicks player, even though Spike essentially represented that Knicks squad.

Karlton
03-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't know if I can handle another half of ponytail v. ponytail, ugly v. ugly, Noah v. Amundson.

Seriously, I don't know if there are two weirder looking guys in the NBA.

Hoop
03-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Roy, if he gets under your skin that bad, at least you could play with a pulse. At least Noah came to play.

TheDon
03-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm more mad at Roy for letting Noah punk him as bad as he did, good lord that was sad, he wasn't rebounding, wasnt' scoring, that was dead weight on the floor

jeffg-body
03-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Noah is just one of those guys that you hate him when you play against him but you would love to see him on your team, kind of like Tyler and still to a degree Foster for us.

TheDavisBrothers
03-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Noah is just one of those guys that you hate him when you play against him but you would love to see him on your team, kind of like Tyler and still to a degree Foster for us.

:picard:
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, COMPARE JEFF FOSTER TO NOAH

Ownagedood
03-05-2012, 11:18 PM
:picard:
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, COMPARE JEFF FOSTER TO NOAH

They are very compareable.... we just don't like noah.

Neither can shoot, both great rebounders, both good defenders, both 6'11 I believe

TheDavisBrothers
03-05-2012, 11:24 PM

Neither can shoot, both great rebounders, both good defenders, both 6'11 I believe

This is a thread about personalities not play

PGisthefuture
03-05-2012, 11:39 PM

Their gameplay is similar, but their personalities are not. Is Foster really 6'11''?

PaceBalls
03-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Someone who out hustles you and plays harder than you do will get under your skin.

After about the 3rd time I saw Noah grab a rebound over the top of our guys who were in better position it got under my skin too.

flakcatcher
03-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Noah having a little fun at the Pacers' expense.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gRzG4ZNvS6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sollozzo
03-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Something about Hibbert's game last night got under my skin.

Heisenberg
03-09-2012, 08:16 AM
I just wanted an excuse to post this and this was the first somewhat Hibbert specific thread

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1791180834/image.jpg

Oh, and if I could reach it I'd punch Noah right in his mouth

HC
03-09-2012, 11:31 AM

Speak for yourself.

Eleazar
03-09-2012, 02:46 PM

I would also like to add Reggie didn't do something similar every game. He would celebrate after hugs plays in even bigger games, but not after every ordinary play in every ordinary game.

pacer4ever
03-09-2012, 03:15 PM
If Noah is getting under his skin then Noah is doing his job