PDA

View Full Version : Your Starting 5

_The_Future_
03-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Just curious to see who people would pick as their starting 5 in an NBA game. Kind of stole the idea from the "Top 3 favorite players" thread. Here's mine:

PG - Rajon Rando
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - LeBron James
PF - Kevin Love
C - Dwight Howard

Bench: Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin, Brook Lopez

Coach: Frank Vogel :)

LucasRL13
03-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Russel Westbrook
Dwayne Wade
Kevin Durant
Lamarcus A.
Dwight Howard

KingGeorge
03-05-2012, 12:40 PM
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C - Dwight Howard

MillerTime
03-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Rose
Kobe
Lebron
Love
DHoward

Dgreenwell3
03-05-2012, 12:45 PM
If we are taking injuries out of the equation and talking about building a team that would win the most games and gel the best together
PG- steph curry (deadly spot up guy to play off the ball)
SG- Kevin Durant (much rather have him on the team than off and he can play SG a bit)
SF Lebron James (he's the best player on the planet)
PF Blake Griffin (is there a better player in transition in the NBA?)
C Dwight Howard (let Dwight be Dwight..)

HickeyS2000
03-05-2012, 12:45 PM
PG - Chris Paul (distribution)
SG - Paul George (defense + stat stuffer)
SF - Kevin Durant (scoring)
PF - Dirk (scoring + x-factor)
C - Dwight Howard (defense + rebounding)

Dgreenwell3
03-05-2012, 12:48 PM
If we are taking injuries out of the equation and talking about building a team that would win the most games and gel the best together
PG- steph curry (deadly spot up guy to play off the ball)
SG- Kevin Durant (much rather have him on the team than off and he can play SG a bit)
SF Lebron James (he's the best player on the planet)
PF Blake Griffin (is there a better player in transition in the NBA?)
C Dwight Howard (let Dwight be Dwight..)

I stand corrected...forgot about love, move him in over griffin...

2minutes twoa
03-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard

MTM
03-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Fun question

Here's my 5 on 5 (too close for me to call, and the game would be even more fun). The first five are my top five.

PG Chris Paul Deron Williams
SG Kobe Bryant Dwayne Wade
SF Kevin Durant LeBron James
PF Kevin Love Blake Griffin
C Dwight Howard Amare Stoudemire

Pacer Fan
03-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Lebron James (pg)
Dwayne Wade (sg)
Kevin Durant (sf)
Dwight Howard (pf)
Andrew Bynum (c)

DGPR
03-05-2012, 01:22 PM
PG Darren Collison
SG Paul George
SF Danny Granger
PF David West
C Roy Hibbert

BRushWithDeath
03-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Not having Lebron and/or Dwight is just trolling right?

mildlysane
03-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Rose
Kobe
Durant
James
Howard

rel
03-05-2012, 01:48 PM
PG Jamison Brewer
SG Norm Richardson
SF Rawle Marshall
PF Britten Johnsen
C Zan Tabak

my team is STAAACCKKKED

HickeyS2000
03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Lol these teams would never work. Only so many shots to go around people.

Pacer Fan
03-05-2012, 01:57 PM

But every shot would be in good hands! :laugh:

_The_Future_
03-05-2012, 01:59 PM

I think most of these teams would win the championship, which works.

Stuckey7370
03-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Can I just take the Bulls starting line up? No one can out celebrate them.

PacersHomer
03-05-2012, 02:01 PM
PG-Steve Nash/Derrick Rose/Rajon Rondo
SG-Kobe Bryant/Dwayne Wade
SF-LeBron James/Paul George
PF-Kevin Durant/Kevin Love/LaMarcus Aldridge
C-Dwight Howard/Roy Hibbert

Steagles
03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Rajon Rondo Deron Williams
Chris Paul Dwyane Wade
Kevin Durant (Lebron James)
Lebron James Lamarcus Aldrige Marc Gasol
Dwight Howard Roy Hibbert (Marc Gasol)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

graphic-er
03-05-2012, 03:04 PM
PG-Rondo
SG-Gordon Hayward
SF- Paul George
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C- Gortat

You see my team would grow into the most dominate team in the league. All yours would flame out from old age in a couple years. I get to enjoy many years of watching them grow and develop, while you all went for instant gratification.

Dgreenwell3
03-05-2012, 03:53 PM
PG-Rondo
SG-Gordon Hayward
SF- Paul George
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C- Gortat

You see my team would grow into the most dominate team in the league. All yours would flame out from old age in a couple years. I get to enjoy many years of watching them grow and develop, while you all went for instant gratification.

Idk if I would say that...Hayward hasn't exactly shown he is a future superstar, Aldridge and Gortat will be in their thirties when the rest of that time is really in their prime outside of Rondo...it would be a good ball club...

graphic-er
03-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Idk if I would say that...Hayward hasn't exactly shown he is a future superstar, Aldridge and Gortat will be in their thirties when the rest of that time is really in their prime outside of Rondo...it would be a good ball club...
LA and Gortat can carry the load as veterans while Hayward and George grow into more dominate players. Rondo will always be Rondo. Infact he will probably get better with age.

Didn't pick any of them off of superstar potential.

TheDavisBrothers
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM
are we talking long term or just for a season?

xtacy
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM
cp3
lebron
durand
love
dwight

xBulletproof
03-05-2012, 04:09 PM
PG-Rondo
SG-Gordon Hayward
SF- Paul George
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C- Gortat

This is silly. Just silly.

pacers74
03-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Rondo
Kobe
Durant
James
Dwight

Jose31917
03-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Deron Williams
Paul George
Kevin Durant
Al Horford
Dwight Howard

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ilive4sports
03-05-2012, 04:31 PM
The biggest obstacle here is trying to decide whether I want to put LeBron at PF so Durant can make it. I'd say yes. Especially when you have Dwight at C.

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Dwight Howard.

Interesting how each name gets longer.

graphic-er
03-05-2012, 04:35 PM
This is silly. Just silly.

I looked around and didn't see your team...:rolleyes:

Mah team ensures future success.

TheDavisBrothers
03-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Paul over Rose, better passer
Kobe over Wade, 5 to 1
LeBron over Durant, better passer
Love over Aldridge, love the rebounding domination with Howard
Dwight over Roy, sorry but odviously (Hibbert over inj prone Bynum)

My favorite players starting 5
Lin
PG or Ginobili
AK 47 if he was in the NBA or Granger
Duncan
Roy

ilive4sports
03-05-2012, 04:45 PM
PG-Rondo
SG-Gordon Hayward
SF- Paul George
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C- Gortat

If you want to build a truly youthful team, there are much better options.

Derrick Rose is younger and better than Rondo. There are a whole slew of better options at SG. Kevin Love and Blake Griffin are both better than LaMarcus and are younger. Gortat doesn't make any sense here either. He is benefiting from Nash greatly and isn't young. Hibbert is younger and makes more sense here. Same with Greg Monroe.

I will leave PG in there though:D

graphic-er
03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
If you want to build a truly youthful team, there are much better options.

Derrick Rose is younger and better than Rondo. There are a whole slew of better options at SG. Kevin Love and Blake Griffin are both better than LaMarcus and are younger. Gortat doesn't make any sense here either. He is benefiting from Nash greatly and isn't young. Hibbert is younger and makes more sense here. Same with Greg Monroe.

I will leave PG in there though:D

Derrick Rose is too ball dominant, and he has already shown back problems. I like Rondo's overall Defense,length,handle and passing ability.

Kevin Love and Griffin can't D' up like LA can. LA is super long as well, rebounds and defends.

Hibbert and Monroe are not athletic enough, they can't move very well on Defense. Gortat is just very solid all the way around. He takes pride in defense too.

I don't need super young players at every position. I need players who are gonna age gracefully. Gortat in his 30's will still play the same way he does today.

ilive4sports
03-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Derrick Rose is too ball dominant, and he has already shown back problems. I like Rondo's overall Defense,length,handle and passing ability.

Kevin Love and Griffin can't D' up like LA can. LA is super long as well, rebounds and defends.

Hibbert and Monroe are not athletic enough, they can't move very well on Defense. Gortat is just very solid all the way around. He takes pride in defense too.

I don't need super young players at every position. I need players who are gonna age gracefully. Gortat in his 30's will still play the same way he does today.

Rose is more than willing to pass. Is he a traditional PG? No, but he runs the bulls offense really well. Also, Rondo can't shoot for ****. Rose is clutch as well. Rose is by far the better option at PG.

LA is better on defense, but both Griffin and Love are better on the boards. I Griffin has all the tools to be a good defender as well. He's just young. I don't think Love will ever be an elite defender, but he can be adequate. He has a great offensive game and is way better on the boards than LA.

Gortat still makes no sense. If you want youth and defense, why not DeAndre Jordan?

BornReady
03-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Jeremy Lin
Sun Yue
Yi Jianlian
Ha Seung-Jin
Yao Ming

YEEAAA!!!!!

graphic-er
03-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Rose is more than willing to pass. Is he a traditional PG? No, but he runs the bulls offense really well. Also, Rondo can't shoot for ****. Rose is clutch as well. Rose is by far the better option at PG.

LA is better on defense, but both Griffin and Love are better on the boards. I Griffin has all the tools to be a good defender as well. He's just young. I don't think Love will ever be an elite defender, but he can be adequate. He has a great offensive game and is way better on the boards than LA.

Gortat still makes no sense. If you want youth and defense, why not DeAndre Jordan?

Because Jordan is very one dimensional, and just not consistent. Low ball IQ.
Gortat makes the most sense because he does everything well.

The one thing that might be a drawback is that I have nobody who is just a killer on iso's. But I don't think this i will be a huge issue because unlike every other team in the NBA we will actually run plays during end of game situations. The picket fence, the Puke, and of course the Spiral.

The Spiral maybe the most unstoppable play ever conceived. Because every player will be in position to score.

Sookie
03-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Lebron
Kobe
Durant
Blake
Dwight

Most know I'm completely against not having a PG on the floor, but if you've got Lebron and Kobe, it's probably not necessary. And between the two of them they could guard any point guard in the league (and if they couldn't, that team could defend everyone else.)

Why'd I do this? Because I can't think of a great PG who doesn't need to ball dominate, other than Rondo. And Rondo can't shoot..So who needs one. :P I think the advantages in this scenario far outweigh the disadvantages.

HickeyS2000
03-05-2012, 06:23 PM
I think most of these teams would win the championship, which works.

True, if they are playing against the current league. But I think it's more about my 5 against your 5 and I'll take the more complete team over a bunch of great offensive players.

Richard_Skull
03-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Rondo
Paul George (May seam homerist and probably is, but I'm going for athletic/defense)
Lebron
Smith
Howard

This line-up will shut down ANYONE and be able to score with ease.

Ownagedood
03-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Chris Paul
D. Wade
L. James
K. Love
D.Howard

croz24
03-05-2012, 07:49 PM
pg- Rondo
sg- Wade
sf- LeBron
pf- Ibaka
c- Howard

Good luck scoring...

Eddie Gill
03-05-2012, 08:31 PM
PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Steph Curry
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Kevin Love
C - Dwight Howard

Went with Rondo at point because he would be surrounded by scorers, thus negating his poor offensive production. His length also compensates for Curry's relative lack of size at the 2 guard - who would get plenty of open looks outside due to the combo of Rondo/Durant penetrating and kicking it out, or from Dwight kicking it out of a double team in the post. Love would play the Bill Lambier/Dennis Rodman role - the primary "enforcer" to borrow a hockey term. Get under the opposition's skin, protect the stars, and most importantly, rebound. Dwight is the best center in the game, leaving him off of any starting 5 would be foolish.

PacerPenguins
03-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Lebron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard

Mackey_Rose
03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
PG - LeBron James
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Kevin Love
C - Dwight Howard

Would like to see that as the starting lineup in London this summer.

mattie
03-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Just curious to see who people would pick as their starting 5 in an NBA game. Kind of stole the idea from the "Top 3 favorite players" thread. Here's mine:

PG - Rajon Rando
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - LeBron James
PF - Kevin Love
C - Dwight Howard

Bench: Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin, Brook Lopez

Coach: Frank Vogel :)

Though you did pick 2 top five players, I think the team you left out could beat yours:

CP3
Wade
Durant
Blake
Aldridge