PDA

View Full Version : Donald Sterling solicited prostitute's personnel opinions for the Clippers

Basketball Fan
03-03-2012, 11:07 PM
You really can't make this stuff up

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/sterling-solicited-prostitutes-personnel-opinions-29983

Sterling Solicited Prostitute’s Personnel Opinions

Posted by Brooks on Mar. 02, 2012, 4:21pm

In support of its landmark 2009 discrimination case against current NBA team owner Donald Sterling, the U.S. Dept. of Justice (DOJ) submitted to federal court a sworn statement by Alexandra Castro.

(Sterling ‘consulted’ same woman he called a ‘prostitute’ on team personnel)

Castro, who was a past acquaintance of the NBA owner, included this characterization of her relationship with Sterling in her 2003 statement:

“During our relationship, Mr. Sterling consulted me on issues he was considering almost every day including, among others, whether he should hire Alvin Gentry to coach the Los Angeles Clippers (although I had no experience in such matters), how he should respond to requests by players for the Los Angeles Clippers for increases in their compensation (Mr. Sterling and I often had dinner at the Arena Club with agents for a number of players) … “

In the same case United States Attorneys also submitted a deposition of attorney Raymond Hersh, a founding partner of Los Angeles law firm Hersh, Mannis & Bogen who formerly represented Castro. His sworn testimony included the following about Castro’s relationship with Sterling:

“They had a relationship where she cooked, drove, cleaned, was consulted on remodeling apartments, who went to dinner with agents, who should be hired — she didn’t make the decision, she said, but she was consulted about who to hire in the Clipper organization and what should be done, what he was thinking.”

Four months after the U.S. Dept. of Justice submitted the sworn statements from Castro and Hersh to a federal court, along with a mountain of other evidence, NBA team owner Sterling agreed to pay the largest discrimination settlement in the history of United States jurisprudence.

So who is Alexandra Castro and why was Donald Sterling soliciting her opinions on player salaries and his next head coach hire for the Clippers?

In a 2003 sworn deposition, Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling described Alexandra Castro under oath as ..

“.. a prostitute … she was a total freak and a piece of trash … “

In the same deposition Sterling described, while under penalty of perjury, his relationship with Castro ..

“It was purely sex for money, money for sex, sex for money, money for sex. The girl was providing sex for money.”

“I probably didn’t tell my wife .. maybe I did something morally wrong.”

Sterling’s sworn characterizations of Castro - and the exact nature of their relationship - are contained in 2003 Los Angeles Superior Court papers documenting a lawsuit brought by the NBA team owner against Castro.

During what court documents indicate was a relationship between Sterling and Castro from 1999-2002, the Los Angeles Clippers owner voluntarily transferred the title of a Beverly Hills home he owned to Castro and her mother.

After Castro spurned Sterling, ending their relationship, the Los Angeles NBA team team owner filed a lawsuit to get the house back.

The ensuing legal dispute, which effectively forced Castro to make sworn court statements about their relationship in defending herself against the billionaire tycoon’s litigation, ultimately resulted in her retaining the home.

Those same sworn statements about Sterling in Castro’s court response to his 2003 lawsuit were later used against the Los Angeles Clippers owner by the Dept. of Justice in the aforementioned federal discrimination case that cost the NBA team owner nearly $3 million.

And it was, again, those same sworn statements about Sterling in Castro’s court responses to his 2003 lawsuit that also revealed to NBA Commissioner David Stern that one of the league’s club owners solicited opinions on team personnel matters from a woman he claimed, under oath, was “a prostitute … total freak and a piece of trash.”

At least if you believe the United States Department of Justice.

LA_Confidential
03-03-2012, 11:09 PM
No wonder this franchise has been so whorerific.

vnzla81
03-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Wow somebody should make a movie about this guy.

PacerGuy
03-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Clipper Darrell could not be reached for comment.
(but you know he'd say "I'm LMFAO")

Sandman21
03-03-2012, 11:20 PM
And then suddenly, everything was explained.

Anthem
03-04-2012, 12:22 AM
“It was purely sex for money, money for sex, sex for money, money for sex. The girl was providing sex for money.”

That's amazing.

Nuntius
03-04-2012, 12:31 AM
That's amazing.

The whole article is amazing.

rabid
03-04-2012, 12:52 AM
I knew Donald Sterling was a "bad owner" but didn't realize how horrible some of the stories about him are.

So I checked out his wikipedia page (I know, I know). What a scumbag!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Sterling

On August 8, 2009, the U.S. Department of Justice sued Sterling for housing discrimination in using race as a factor in filling some of his apartment buildings. The government's ongoing case alleges Sterling refused to rent to non-Koreans in the Koreatown neighborhood and to African Americans in Beverly Hills.[5] The suit alleges Sterling once said he did not like to rent to Hispanics because they "smoke, drink and just hang around the building," and that "Black tenants smell and attract vermin."

When Clippers' head coach Kim Hughes needed surgery for prostate cancer, Sterling refused to pay for an out-of-network procedure, leading Yahoo Sports blogger Kelly Dwyer to brand him the "worst person in the world."[13]. The bill of $70,000 was paid by some current and former Clippers players, Corey Maggette, Marko Jaric, Chris Kaman, and Elton Brand.

In December 2010, it was revealed that Sterling had been heckling his own players from his courtside seats, specifically focusing on point guard Baron Davis. [15] His verbal barbs at the time included, "Why are you in the game?", "Why did you take that shot?", and "You're out of shape!".

Dude is really a piece of work, wow...

Nuntius
03-04-2012, 10:49 AM
.. I'm speechless :-o

Did he really refused to pay for his coach's hospitalization? Seriously??

There are a lot of racist, sexist ******** in the world but that's something you're not going to see very often.

Naptown_Seth
03-04-2012, 11:07 AM
You keep using those words but I do not think they mean what you think they mean. ;)

Is it that hard for him to remove those words and not qualify his statement. I mean of all the things in there, that statement is the worst, most damning one of all. Trying to play it like he's not really sure if he told his wife and not really sure about the morality of it?

Did he really refused to pay for his coach's hospitalization? Seriously??
Yep, we discussed it awhile back, maybe a year or so ago I think. Dwyer crushed him in that article as I recall, and on many items not just that one.

Nuntius
03-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Yep, we discussed it awhile back, maybe a year or so ago I think. Dwyer crushed him in that article as I recall, and on many items not just that one.

So, if it was not for the players paying for the surgery who would? :p

Pacer Fan
03-04-2012, 12:12 PM
And why do FA's play for him?
:haha:

J7F
03-04-2012, 12:16 PM
This guy is a perfect example of scum floating to the top...

ballism
03-04-2012, 12:29 PM
that's all shocking. i just wonder what's the connection with the discrimination case here. shock value? or something like
"Sterling is bad. Discrimination is bad. Therefore, Sterling = discrimination."

speakout4
03-04-2012, 12:36 PM
The NBA had to know alot more about him than the rest of us ever could. Just watching his behavior as an owner told the story of what kind of person they were dealing with. I'm sure Stern is very proud.

Anthem
03-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Is it that hard for him to remove those words and not qualify his statement. I mean of all the things in there, that statement is the worst, most damning one of all. Trying to play it like he's not really sure if he told his wife and not really sure about the morality of it?
Yeah, all of it is bad but that part is just mind-blowing.

The NBA had to know alot more about him than the rest of us ever could. Just watching his behavior as an owner told the story of what kind of person they were dealing with. I'm sure Stern is very proud.
I'm sure Stern hates him and wants him gone. But it's very difficult to take something away from somebody who legitimately owns it, even when said somebody is a jerk.

shags
03-04-2012, 02:54 PM
And this is the guy who David Stern chose to send Chris Paul to instead of Jerry Buss.

travmil
03-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Wow somebody should make a movie about this guy.

Moneyballin'

:cool:

DGPR
03-04-2012, 11:01 PM
I wasn't aware Margaret Sanger had children.

Hoop
03-06-2012, 05:19 PM
The Clips have made some good moves the last few years, maybe we can hire Miss Castro as a consultant. Maybe she can teach our guys to take it to the ho.

bballpacen
03-06-2012, 05:47 PM
And this is the guy who David Stern chose to send Chris Paul to instead of Jerry Buss.
Thankfully...