PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/New Orleans postgame thread.

vnzla81
03-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Nice to see the Pacers destroying another team we are supposed to destroy, the game ball goes to Lou the guy was a beast tonight, that last pass made Tim Tebow jealous.

Go Pacers :dance:

AesopRockOn
03-03-2012, 10:26 PM

PGisthefuture
03-03-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm baffled...

Trophy
03-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Pi Day is coming up soon.

Steagles
03-03-2012, 10:27 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/420263_378260728868346_100000532659379_1379017_147 5404569_n.jpg

vnzla81
03-03-2012, 10:29 PM

What is this? :laugh:

Trophy
03-03-2012, 10:30 PM

Probably one of the most useless tools in Math.

http://ck022.k12.sd.us/images/pi%20day/pigraphic.jpg

Frostwolf
03-03-2012, 10:30 PM

pi

Brad8888
03-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Apple should have come out with version 3.14 as its Pi phone. They could have sold it with the antenna boosting foil over the top as an Apple Pi, just like momma used to make.

LoneGranger33
03-03-2012, 10:43 PM
I didn't count on this thread being about math. Not to subtract from what you guys got going here, but the Pacers played a pretty good game tonight. They deserve your undivided attention. I have nothing more to add.

righteouscool
03-03-2012, 10:47 PM
I didn't count on this thread being about math. Not to subtract from what you guys got going here, but the Pacers played a pretty good game tonight. They deserve your undivided attention. I have nothing more to add.

Agreed. Lets not go off on a tangent here. This is proof the Pacers are a good team.

PacerPenguins
03-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Agreed. Lets not go off on a tangent here. This is proof the Pacers are a good team.

man screw calculous...

AesopRockOn
03-03-2012, 10:52 PM

The probability of me cosigning your primetime punnery is x/0.

MiaDragon
03-03-2012, 10:52 PM
nother solid game from Lou. Ive been quite impressed with the quality of passes from DJones, he really has a much more solid and rounded game than I gave him credit for.

Anthem
03-03-2012, 10:53 PM
I just got home and am about to watch the game on DVR. So I have no insight yet. But clearly, beating (down) the teams we're supposed to beat is yet another sine of how far we've come since last year.

billbradley
03-03-2012, 10:53 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zQYYGwYTPuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LoneGranger33
03-03-2012, 10:56 PM
The probability of me cosigning your primetime punnery is x/0.

That's the worst smiley face I've ever seen. It looks like a dead, one-eyed guy with a crooked mustache.

LA_Confidential
03-03-2012, 10:58 PM

We won the game and we won it in runaway fashion, so its safe to say that we shouldnt expect a lot of input afterward Unless it was against a worthy opponent. NO isnt anywhere near the Pacers league in terms of talent or expectations thus far so there wont be much hoopla about beating them, badly.

I for one am more interested in whats going on behind the scenes, league wise. Has Legend contacted NO about Kaman, or anyone one else? Where do we stand in terms of potential moves? Thats whats really on everyones mind, at least until we play MIA on monday.

Major Cold
West with 13 Rebounds
Hibbert and Lou with 10

3 players had 33 rebounds. The Hornet had 43.

Kaman is a backup in this league. He may score, but he got owned by Roy on the glass and on defense. Might I add that even though Roy had only 4 points, that the reason for this was fronting and a hard help double in the lane.

In fact I counted multiple times that Roy was fronted and 4 other defenders had a foot in the lane or just outside it. They were collapsing hard and we were not settling for jumpers. Sure PG and Danny did a little. But we also slashed and hit mid-range jumpers.

Will Galen
I just got home and am about to watch the game on DVR. So I have no insight yet. But clearly, beating (down) the teams we're supposed to beat is yet another sine of how far we've come since last year.

Very, very, good!

TheDon
So guess who has the biggest current win streak in the league :D

Merz
03-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Math is for dorks.

Let's just enjoy this beautiful 14 point victory!! :dance:

Will Galen
03-03-2012, 11:01 PM
We won the game and we won it in runaway fashion, so its safe to say that we shouldnt expect a lot of input afterward Unless it was against a worthy opponent. NO isnt anywhere near the Pacers league in terms of talent or expectations thus far so there wont be much hoopla about beating them, badly.

I for one am more interested in whats going on behind the scenes, league wise. Has Legend contacted NO about Kaman, or anyone one else? Where do we stand in terms of potential moves? Thats whats really on everyones mind, at least until we play MIA on monday.

We play Chicago on Monday.

AesopRockOn
03-03-2012, 11:01 PM
That's the worst smiley face I've ever seen. It looks like a dead, one-eyed guy with a crooked mustache.

http://faxmylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/super-mario-dead.jpg

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Very, very, good!
Thanks Will! I hoped somebody would catch that. I gotta admit, I wasn't sure if bad puns about math would be a winning formula for me.

2minutes twoa
03-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Great team defense tonight!! When they play this balanced they are very tough to beat!

LA_Confidential
03-03-2012, 11:07 PM

I know. MIA stands for Missing In Action (Carlos Boozer):D

I give up, now I feel like a big doucher (Carlos Boozer):laugh:

Slick Pinkham
03-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Very, very, good!

ha ha, that goes double, from me...

so I guess you can say that I cosine.

:rimshot:

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:08 PM
It's really hard to believe we scored 102 points with nobody taking more than Granger's 14 shots. It looks like our offense has worked out a lot of its problems.

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:11 PM
It's amazing that Roy only had 4 points. You can generally count in him for a dozen at least.

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:12 PM
I thought the passing among the starters was particularly good. That's gonna be a prime factor for us.

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:13 PM
It's really nice to see the harmony between the teammates... for a while during that losing streak, I was afraid our guys would be at odds.

Nuntius
03-03-2012, 11:14 PM
So, I checked the game logs of Lou Amundson to see if he had ever hit more than 5 FTs in a game.

He has! Playing with the Golden State Warriors in April 05, 2011 he hit 7 (!!!) out of his 9 free throws. For the record, the Warriors beat the Blazers 108 - 87 in Rose Garden.

This was the second time in his career that he scored more than 4 free throws. He has went 4/4 twice, 4/5 once and 4/6 four times in his career.

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:14 PM
I really expected Roy to get more calls. After a couple of those non-calls, he seemed a little nonplussed.

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:15 PM
It's funny when AJ and Inferno are on the floor together. With the wide-angle shots, it can be hard to differentiate between them.

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:18 PM
It's crazy that the Bulls are so good. It's hard to believe this team isn't even the best team in the division.

Hicks
03-03-2012, 11:19 PM
It's funny when AJ and Inferno are on the floor together. With the wide-angle shots, it can be hard to differentiate between them.

How small is your television?

PacerGuy
03-03-2012, 11:19 PM

Not really, AJ dribbles then shoots, DJ just shoots. ;)

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Ok, for my first non-pun observation: I really like the "Bees" announcers. Knowledgeable, fair, and easy on the ears. Great combo.

EDIT: "It's hard to believe that's really David West. I haven't heard him say 'AND ONE' yet."

Hicks
03-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Don't feel like bothering to nitpick tonight; too much good happened. Very happy to have a Pacers team that is 11 games over .500 in early March. A WELCOME change of pace!

Looking at Kaman again, I'd still be happy to have him in place of Lou at the backup 5, even though I like what Lou brings. Having an offensive threat like Chris off your bench is just a load for most teams to deal with.

Speaking of which, I LOVE that they have a Chewbacca growl after every made basket by him! :laugh:

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:21 PM
How small is your television?
Well, I was trying to figure out a way to use the word "differentiate." But I'm watching on my laptop.

Isaac
03-03-2012, 11:22 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread, only cosine what's been said. It's great this place is so inclusive.

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Looking at Kaman again, I'd still be happy to have him in place of Lou at the backup 5, even though I like what Lou brings.
Heck, play Lou at the 4. He'd be a better fit next to Kaman than Tyler would.

vnzla81
03-03-2012, 11:23 PM

I sadly agree with this :(

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:26 PM
I sadly agree with this :(
Hey, I'm not mad at Tyler. I like the guy. But if you're putting Kaman on the floor, it's for scoring. You need a hard hat defender and rebounder next to him, and that's Lou.

EDIT: Wait, sad because of Tyler or sad because you're agreeing with me? :D

Justin Tyme
03-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Congrats to Lou for a double double!

TheDon
03-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Hibbert didn't hit a single shot but finished with the highest +/- number of anyone on our team with +22...that's pretty damn good for that big of a number and never scoring.

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Hibbert didn't hit a single shot but finished with the highest +/- number of anyone on our team with +22...that's pretty damn good for that big of a number and never scoring.
10 rebounds and great passing is helpful, but yeah that's not something you'll see often.

vnzla81
03-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Hey, I'm not mad at Tyler. I like the guy. But if you're putting Kaman on the floor, it's for scoring. You need a hard hat defender and rebounder next to him, and that's Lou.

EDIT: Wait, sad because of Tyler or sad because you're agreeing with me? :D

Sad about both things ;)

Not just that but I'm sad because I thought Hans was going to be better, right now he is bad.

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:36 PM
I've gotta say... I really like the Price/Hill backcourt. And not just because I own a house in Price Hill, Cincinnati. The two of them really play off each other well, and the passing in the second unit is very good when they're out there together. Inferno buys in as well, so your 1-2-3 spots have some really good synergy.

Nuntius
03-03-2012, 11:41 PM

Kaman has some defensive deficiencies and Lou would certainly help to cover those up. He's an excellent help defender.

Anthem
03-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Ok, I'm not trying to bash Tyler. But if you swapped Tyler for Gustavo Ayon, our second unit would be a LOT better.

PGisthefuture
03-03-2012, 11:42 PM
I've gotta say... I really like the Price/Hill backcourt. And not just because I own a house in Price Hill, Cincinnati. The two of them really play off each other well, and the passing in the second unit is very good when they're out there together. Inferno buys in as well, so your 1-2-3 spots have some really good synergy.

Yeah the second unit seems a lot more together with A.J. and Hill in the backcourt.

Nuntius
03-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Ok, I'm not trying to bash Tyler. But if you swapped Tyler for Gustavo Ayon, our second unit would be a LOT better.

Ayon is a much more complete player and he could be a starter in this league at this point.

Tyler is more one-dimensional. But I like Tyler's ability to go to the line so much. The only thing that he needs in order to go to the line and play well (in the last 2 games he averaged 18.5 points and 9 rebounds) is to hit his first jumper. If we find a way to let him hit his first jumper in every game then he's going to be golden.

vnzla81
03-03-2012, 11:49 PM

Quit trashing our players we are 23 and 12 :p

And yeah Ayon is not going anywhere.

Nuntius
03-03-2012, 11:56 PM
On an irrelevant note, I found out the Hornets' fan hive. About 80% of them really miss and respect David West. They were disgusted about some of their fans booing him.

Reginald
03-03-2012, 11:59 PM

I believe "We play MIA on Monday" means "We play missing in action on Monday."

Anthem
03-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Tyler is more one-dimensional. But I like Tyler's ability to go to the line so much. The only thing that he needs in order to go to the line and play well (in the last 2 games he averaged 18.5 points and 9 rebounds) is to hit his first jumper. If we find a way to let him hit his first jumper in every game then he's going to be golden.
Sure. But I hate-hate-hate that post move where Tyler flips the ball over his shoulder while he's half-turned in the air. That's just an ugly, awful move. It's not even like he's usually able to draw a foul with it... at least not this year.

:blush:

Hicks
03-04-2012, 12:09 AM

I keep seeing you make this joke. Do you not understand that it isn't merely the fact that you harp on the negative qualities of our players, but that you do so ad nauseam to the point of being obnoxious and overbearing about it, and that THAT is why we get on you about it, not merely because you would occasionally do it, but because you do it seemingly constantly?

Sookie
03-04-2012, 12:18 AM

I thought there was instant teammate chemistry with AJ and Hill. And I actually think they tend to up their defensive intensity when they are on the floor together too.

Tyler had two good games in a row, but as has been said..his first shot determines his game. He NEEDS - more than anything - to become consistent from his free throw line jumper. It opens the floor up so much for him.

vnzla81
03-04-2012, 12:23 AM
I keep seeing you make this joke. Do you not understand that it isn't merely the fact that you harp on the negative qualities of our players, but that you do so ad nauseam to the point of being obnoxious and overbearing about it, and that THAT is why we get on you about it, not merely because you would occasionally do it, but because you do it seemingly constantly?

I disagree, anybody else could critize our players about anything and nothing happens but as soon as I do it people here make a big deal about it, I made an small comment about West's D in a thread and got trashed by a bunch of people including you.

Anthem
03-04-2012, 12:31 AM
So before I watched this game, I knew that Roy went 0-4 for the game. It's been interesting watching him.

They clearly geared their defense around stopping him, and he recognized that. He played fantastic basketball, passed well, and made some great moves to get the foul call.

Also, he recognized that West wanted to play well at home and was gonna get overlooked on D, and did a great job setting him up. The hornets frontcourt said "Make West score the points" and he did.

Day-V
03-04-2012, 12:34 AM
I disagree, anybody else could critize our players about anything and nothing happens but as soon as I do it people here make a big deal about it, I made an small comment about West's D in a thread and got trashed by a bunch of people including you.

You're the Darksider of the Year for a reason.... ;)

Anthem
03-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Man, Lance is really cheerleading well while the bench is out there. At some level, he's got to be thinking "these should be my minutes" but he's AJ's biggest supporter.

EDIT: Up off the bench for Hill, too, but not Tyler's dunk. :devil:

Nuntius
03-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Sure. But I hate-hate-hate that post move where Tyler flips the ball over his shoulder while he's half-turned in the air. That's just an ugly, awful move. It's not even like he's usually able to draw a foul with it... at least not this year.

It's ugly but I think that this is the only move that Tyler can do effectively. It's not actually a post move. It's a post drive that ends in a crooked baby hook.

Tyler has no real post moves. On the contrary, Lou has some real post moves. He just cannot convert them into baskets. Tyler lack post moves but he does hit that weird shot. Tyler should really learn some post moves. We have several guys in the team that know how to play post offense. Tyler has to pick something up.

Anthem
03-04-2012, 12:41 AM
If we're only going to play Lance when we're up by 30, we might as well play him at PG.

Anthem
03-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Seriously, I just don't see how you can watch what Lance can do with a basketball and think "This guys just couldn't be an NBA player." Yes, a jumpshot would help. But that man can create out of nothing, and was hitting our bigs in fantastic scoring position every time he got the ball.

Worked hard on D, too, and was clearly very upset when Xavier scored on him on the final possession.

vnzla81
03-04-2012, 12:57 AM
You're the Darksider of the Year for a reason.... ;)

It's not my fault that you guys only see the supposed to be "negative" comments I make, I do say a lot of positive things about our players but as soon as I make one "negative" comment I get the typical PD overreaction.

Eleazar
03-04-2012, 12:59 AM

It is because it seems like every other post you are criticizing another player. You rarely ever post anything positive. If you weren't constantly pointing out every single little mistake every single player makes maybe people wouldn't be so hard on you.

TheDavisBrothers
03-04-2012, 01:00 AM
It's not my fault that you guys only see the supposed to be "negative" comments I make, I do say a lot of positive things about our players but as soon as I make one "negative" comment I get the typical PD overreaction.

We overreact to your negativity because your negativity is an overreaction

Sookie
03-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Man, Lance is really cheerleading well while the bench is out there. At some level, he's got to be thinking "these should be my minutes" but he's AJ's biggest supporter.

EDIT: Up off the bench for Hill, too, but not Tyler's dunk. :devil:

I never said much on it, but when I went to the New Jersey game last season (where Price didn't play because he missed practice), there was some, interesting teammate interaction with Lance. Let's just say he was clearly "out of the clique." And the only person who was actively supportive was Price. (And quite frankly, I wondered if that was because Price had felt bad about letting the team down.)

At one point, I watched Lance come off the floor and make PG move over so he could sit next to AJ.

I don't know whether it was just that game, and teammate interaction was generally better with Lance than what they showed that game. (lets call it, visibly annoyed) Or if AJ had felt bad as I said previously, or if AJ had actually taken an initiative and tried to help Lance, being as he's one of the only guys who can understand doing something REALLY stupid, and having to prove he's a better person..or if there was a New York connection (and they bonded over terrorizing Indiana residents with their epicdrivingskillz! - some stereotypes are true, like the ones about New York drivers)...whatever is...it doesn't surprise me that Lance would be "AJ's biggest supporter."

vnzla81
03-04-2012, 01:14 AM
It is because it seems like every other post you are criticizing another player. You rarely ever post anything positive. If you weren't constantly pointing out every single little mistake every single player makes maybe people wouldn't be so hard on you.

Like I said before is probably "negative" to many of you but at the end is the true. I understand the homerism here, it looks like we need to celebrate and don't say anything bad about anybody because is againts PD's policy, I'm sorry but if I see a player playing like crap I'm going to say it, I'm not going to ignore It because we are winning againts some crappy teams, at the end of the day my criticisms to our players is because those mistakes they make or deficiencies they have are going to stop us for getting to our goal.

MaHa3000
03-04-2012, 01:16 AM
DEFENSE!
We need to be talking about defense. This team is playing the best defense since the brawl. Everyone loves offence. But, this is an Indiana team and here in Indy we know basketball and basketball is half defense.
Our team has been playing like contenders on the defensive side recently.
I hope they keep it up.

Anthem
03-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Maybe a tiny exaggeration there?

Come on, dude, I like sparring with you but for most of this season, it's been news when you make positive comments about a Pacer player. Recently you've turned a corner and I respect that.

By the way, didn't you originally project this club to be a sub-500 team?

Anthem
03-04-2012, 01:20 AM
I never said much on it, but when I went to the New Jersey game last season
No doubt it was bad last season. This year it's been a ton better.

The kid is definitely auditioning for a point guard role. He's juking his man, taking it to the rack, and then passing to our stone-handed bigs.

vnzla81
03-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Maybe a tiny exaggeration there?

Come on, dude, I like sparring with you but for most of this season, it's been news when you make positive comments about a Pacer player. Recently you've turned a corner and I respect that.

By the way, didn't you originally project this club to be a sub-500 team?

I don't think is an exaggeration and Yes in the begging I projected us to win 31games and then we had the choice to change it and I changed to 35wins, 3 less wins than Larry Bird's projection by the way.

xBulletproof
03-04-2012, 01:27 AM

Is your memory really that bad? You make comments about West having horrible defense at every single opportunity. You say it all the time. Which was Hicks point. I mean, do you really not understand that you flood multiple topics with the same knocks on the same players every day? :laugh:

Yes, you get more crap than everyone else because most people make an observation and move on. You bring that observation to every single thread humanly possible.

Like me with Lance, everyone knows my stance on it. I didn't need to bring it to the "Lance only plays in blowouts" thread, I haven't posted in it once. It's not necessary. I read it and moved on without saying anything.

Sookie
03-04-2012, 01:35 AM
No doubt it was bad last season. This year it's been a ton better.

The kid is definitely auditioning for a point guard role. He's juking his man, taking it to the rack, and then passing to our stone-handed bigs.

I didn't mean in terms of his play, I meant interaction before the game. His play during that game was okay actually, but he seemed nervous.

I think teammate interaction on the bench seems a lot better this season for him.

It actually bothered me. And I'm not just saying that because AJ was the only one I saw being supportive. Everyone knows I'm not a Lance fan, but as his teammate - and being that it was a game where he was going to be counted on - I would have expected them to put on a better face for him, even if it was fake.

pizza guy
03-04-2012, 01:37 AM
I was at work, so I was not able to watch the game. On nights like this I always read the post-game thread and check the box score. Everyone here sounds fairly pleased with the game, so I'll just share one thing I noticed in the box score.

Jarrett Jack -31
Darren Collison +17

I don't usually put a lot of stock in +/- numbers, so let me ask those of you who watched the game -- was it that clear that DC outplayed JJ? DC's stat line isn't that impressive tonight, but I am a big fan of his, and I noticed the +/- difference because I know there are a lot of people who would like JJ back here.

Will Galen
03-04-2012, 01:42 AM
I believe "We play MIA on Monday" means "We play missing in action on Monday."

This is the game Rose is looking forward to. Remember he didn't like Indiana's postgame celebration. "I'll never forget how they celebrated just from winning this game," Rose said. "I can't wait to play them again."

A win by the Pacers would no doubt cause concern in Chicago.

vnzla81
03-04-2012, 02:31 AM
Is your memory really that bad? You make comments about West having horrible defense at every single opportunity. You say it all the time. Which was Hicks point. I mean, do you really not understand that you flood multiple topics with the same knocks on the same players every day? :laugh:

Yes, you get more crap than everyone else because most people make an observation and move on. You bring that observation to every single thread humanly possible.

Like me with Lance, everyone knows my stance on it. I didn't need to bring it to the "Lance only plays in blowouts" thread, I haven't posted in it once. It's not necessary. I read it and moved on without saying anything.

I talk about Dwest's D in almost every opportunity I have? I call BS on that one :bs:

dal9
03-04-2012, 02:43 AM
On the contrary, Lou has some real post moves. He just cannot convert them into baskets.

This is an optimistic take on the situation.

daschysta
03-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Whatever anyone else says. They beat Dallas right before this game, they had Chicago on the ropes. We blew them out.

Anthem
03-04-2012, 08:06 AM
I was at work, so I was not able to watch the game. On nights like this I always read the post-game thread and check the box score. Everyone here sounds fairly pleased with the game, so I'll just share one thing I noticed in the box score.

Jarrett Jack -31
Darren Collison +17

I don't usually put a lot of stock in +/- numbers, so let me ask those of you who watched the game -- was it that clear that DC outplayed JJ? DC's stat line isn't that impressive tonight, but I am a big fan of his, and I noticed the +/- difference because I know there are a lot of people who would like JJ back here.
Jack looked great. I'd attribute his poor numbers to the fact that his entire team was outmatched tonight.

DC looked just fine. My only complaint is that at least twice he could have gotten an offensive rebound if he'd crashed the glass instead of getting back. But that might be gameplan, so it's hard to say.

I'd love to have JJ back, but last night there was no drop off when DC came out and AJ went in. We're getting solid production from the point.

Anthem
03-04-2012, 08:10 AM
I don't think is an exaggeration
I'll rephrase.

You're a LOT more positive (and thus, more balanced and realistic) now than you were a month ago. Keep it up! You're much easier to talk to this way.

Nuntius
03-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Seriously, I just don't see how you can watch what Lance can do with a basketball and think "This guys just couldn't be an NBA player." Yes, a jumpshot would help. But that man can create out of nothing, and was hitting our bigs in fantastic scoring position every time he got the ball.

Worked hard on D, too, and was clearly very upset when Xavier scored on him on the final possession.

He certainly belongs in the NBA. It's just that AJ puts in a better position at the moment. I'd like to see him with the ball in his hands when he's in :)

McKeyFan
03-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Ok, for my first non-pun observation: I really like the "Bees" announcers. Knowledgeable, fair, and easy on the ears. Great combo.

EDIT: "It's hard to believe that's really David West. I haven't heard him say 'AND ONE' yet."
What does it say about your reputation that I still read this three times to make sure there were no puns?

Anthem
03-04-2012, 09:02 AM
I like how the numbers after the first line are all made up. PI never has a zero in it.
Gotta check yourself before... well, you know.

http://www.geom.uiuc.edu/~huberty/math5337/groupe/digits.html

Anthem
03-04-2012, 09:06 AM
What does it say about your reputation that I still read this three times to make sure there were no puns?
:laugh: Man, I could have kept going with the math puns, but nobody else was joining in so I gave it a rest. Cracked myself up, though. :D

Just to make sure I understand your post, though, what DOES it say about my reputation? That I'm brilliant and make clever jokes? Or that I'm known for being a blatant liar?

McKeyFan
03-04-2012, 09:16 AM

Jarrett Jack -31
Darren Collison +17

Nah.

Jack played well. Looked good. Doesn't have the supporting cast he needs.

DC also played well, but his areas of excellence still are not the areas where we most need excellence, imo.

McKeyFan
03-04-2012, 09:19 AM
:laugh: Man, I could have kept going with the math puns, but nobody else was joining in so I gave it a rest. Cracked myself up, though. :D

Just to make sure I understand your post, though, what DOES it say about my reputation? That I'm brilliant and make clever jokes? Or that I'm known for being a blatant liar?
As they say, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle . . . Graham.

Anthem
03-04-2012, 09:23 AM
As they say, the truth is usually somewhere in the median. . . .
Fixed that for ya.

Professor S
03-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Fixed that for ya.

That's just mean. Perhaps you should try a different mode of communication.

Hicks
03-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Jarrett Jack -31
Darren Collison +17

I'd rather have Jack than DC right now, to be honest.

Nuntius
03-04-2012, 10:32 AM
This is an optimistic take on the situation.

Why is this an optimistic take? You can see that he can perform the move (spin, hop step, up and under) without fumbling, travelling or turning it over but that he cannot finish. Tyler on the other hand cannot make those moves. At least, not from what I've seen this year. He can finish his weird move, though.

xBulletproof
03-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I talk about Dwest's D in almost every opportunity I have? I call BS on that one :bs:

So, your memory is that bad. Unless you think everyone else remembers the same things that really never happened. Which would be odd, to say the least.

*EDIT* Just to help you out, this constantly repeating things is probably the reason you feel people think you HATE Collison, but you say you don't. When you repeat something 1000x over, at some point it sounds and comes across more like bashing and hating than a reasonable critique. I like West and think he's absolutely great for this team, but does he rotate slower than I would like sometimes, and do I think he plays lazy on defense occasionally? Certainly. Yet, I bet nobody gets the same vibe from me as they do you because I don't beat that drum like I'm trying to break it. I've mentioned it a couple times when it was appropriate and kept on moving.

vnzla81
03-04-2012, 01:52 PM
So, your memory is that bad. Unless you think everyone else remembers the same things that really never happened. Which would be odd, to say the least.

*EDIT* Just to help you out, this constantly repeating things is probably the reason you feel people think you HATE Collison, but you say you don't. When you repeat something 1000x over, at some point it sounds and comes across more like bashing and hating than a reasonable critique. I like West and think he's absolutely great for this team, but does he rotate slower than I would like sometimes, and do I think he plays lazy on defense occasionally? Certainly. Yet, I bet nobody gets the same vibe from me as they do you because I don't beat that drum like I'm trying to break it. I've mentioned it a couple times when it was appropriate and kept on moving.

That's maybe the problem you guys remember how mad I was about getting West and even if I critize the guy few weeks later you feel like I'm repeating something for the 1000 time, the fact is that I haven't really critize West in a long time, (maybe when somebody is calling him our best player and I try to correct them?)

Just look at my first post on this thread http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=70130&page=3

I don't think that my first post was such a big deal because is true but as you can see I was quoted and got called a troll.

Even on this thread I didn't even had to comment for somebody to tell me to stop trashing DC.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=69800

edit: either way I'm done with this argument because I know I'm never going to win it.

Anthem
03-04-2012, 02:47 PM
That's just mean. Perhaps you should try a different mode of communication.

I C WAT U DID THAR

Midcoasted
03-04-2012, 02:50 PM
GREAT win again! Oh but it was against the Hornets, we should have smashed them! That is a ridiculous argument. They are playing well and just handled Dallas. The way we handled them shows how we are becoming a legit contender.

And what is up with all the Tyler hate? Am I the only one here that thinks he is still a good player and is playing well? Sure he is on the bench and the opposing teams focus on him more and it is causing him to struggle a tad. Put him with the starters and we will see the Tyler of old because the players around him will make him better. Moving to the bench in the only reason Tyler has struggled. His hustle, intensity, defense, and rebounding have all been good in my book. Teams are just coming after him really, really hard. Cut the guy some slack! Am I missing something? Where is all this Hansbrough hate coming from?

And tonight proved once again why Lance is a point guard. I swear did Vogel read Mackey's argument that he was a two or something? Talk about putting a square peg in a round hole. Lance looks so out of place every time he is standing in that corner. The dude is a point, and he should be allowed to point. Sure he isn't ready for prime time just yet, probably like a year or two away, but he is the best point on our team and needs to be allowed to have the ball in his hands and point.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but Lance Stephenson is a point guard. The best argument against that is he is a combo guard, but he is far from a natural two. A guy that is the best on the team at passing and creating for other teammates, and that is better with the ball in his hands initiating the offense than without is a point guard.

vnzla81
03-04-2012, 06:49 PM
GREAT win again! Oh but it was against the Hornets, we should have smashed them! That is a ridiculous argument. They are playing well and just handled Dallas. The way we handled them shows how we are becoming a legit contender.

And what is up with all the Tyler hate? Am I the only one here that thinks he is still a good player and is playing well? Sure he is on the bench and the opposing teams focus on him more and it is causing him to struggle a tad. Put him with the starters and we will see the Tyler of old because the players around him will make him better. Moving to the bench in the only reason Tyler has struggled. His hustle, intensity, defense, and rebounding have all been good in my book. Teams are just coming after him really, really hard. Cut the guy some slack! Am I missing something? Where is all this Hansbrough hate coming from?

And tonight proved once again why Lance is a point guard. I swear did Vogel read Mackey's argument that he was a two or something? Talk about putting a square peg in a round hole. Lance looks so out of place every time he is standing in that corner. The dude is a point, and he should be allowed to point. Sure he isn't ready for prime time just yet, probably like a year or two away, but he is the best point on our team and needs to be allowed to have the ball in his hands and point.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but Lance Stephenson is a point guard. The best argument against that is he is a combo guard, but he is far from a natural two. A guy that is the best on the team at passing and creating for other teammates, and that is better with the ball in his hands initiating the offense than without is a point guard.

It's not Tyler hate, it's fair criticism, he has been playing like crap all year, again just because somebody is pointing out that one of our players is playing bad or has a weakness doesn't mean that that person hates that player, and this is comming from a huge Tyler Hansbrough fan.

cdash
03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
It's not Tyler hate, it's fair criticism, he has been playing like crap all year, again just because somebody is pointing out that one of our players is playing bad or has a weakness doesn't mean that that person hates that player, and this is comming from a huge Tyler Hansbrough fan.

Yeah, I think that's fair. He's played like crap most of the year. He's still a huge part of the team and I think he will be fine, but his struggles have been real.

vnzla81
03-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I think that's fair. He's played like crap most of the year. He's still a huge part of the team and I think he will be fine, but his struggles have been real.

Yeah at this point I wouldn't mind if we trade him or if we get Kaman I wouldn't be upset if he sits on the bench and again he is one of my favorite players and breaks my heart to do it but sometimes you have to do what's best for the team.

Asher99
03-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Part of me does hope we do move or bench Tyler just so people who knock him so bad will realize what he does bring to the game instead of always talking about what he doesn't.

Dude is 12th in bench scoring 4th among non-guards, 3rd in PF/C over 5 MPG less than the 2 in front of him. 3rd in bench FT's 1st among non-guards, 9th in rebounding and 5th in offensive board work in less games than most others in the rebounding stats all while having this terrible season.

Midcoasted
03-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Part of me does hope we do move or bench Tyler just so people who knock him so bad will realize what he does bring to the game instead of always talking about what he doesn't.

Dude is 12th in bench scoring 4th among non-guards, 3rd in PF/C over 5 MPG less than the 2 in front of him. 3rd in bench FT's 1st among non-guards, 9th in rebounding and 5th in offensive board work in less games than most others in the rebounding stats all while having this terrible season.

This is exactly what I am seeing. He is playing good his shot just wasn't falling for a while and the refs are letting players get at him physically. Everything else has been fine I think and his shot is falling now. He has actually improved passing the ball. Take the good with the bad. I don't think trading him is smart. He is a big man essentially in his second year, if you consider JOB and his injuries and the shortened season. It took Roy some time. Let him learn under West and then one day he will be ready. Just like Lance. Let him learn. This is what we have always done. Don't trade away the guys you draft, especially when they are still progressing.

Anyways, when he is a starter he may be the 5th option for defenses to center in on. On the bench, he seems to be the other teams number 1 priority to shut down and get out of his game. Other players love to return the favor and go at him tough. I just think he is settling into his new role like I have heard the TV announcers say. Think about it, if you're a defense, who would you center in on defensively in the post. Jones, Hansbrough, or Amundson? See my point? Teams can put their best big man bench defender on him and often times that players is better at defense than a starter they just tend to have limited offensive abilities, ala Jeff Foster. And the help can focus that way because Jones and Amundson aren't great post threats offensively.

McKeyFan
03-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Like others, I am disappointed in Tyler's performance and his offensive repertoire. However, I do think he's a gamer, and I think you'll see him step up in the playoffs somehow. He just has that extra something that causes wins and disgusts Dukies.