PDA

View Full Version : Trust me, the sky won't fall

ABADays
11-13-2004, 09:17 AM
It's quite possible with all the injuries and an overtime game on the road the P's just might lose to the Knicks tonight. If so, let's not start posting doom and gloom threads.

Have you ever seen a team with as much guts! These guys battle. I'm so proud of these guys (yes, including the Clippers game - it's gonna happen).

THIS is the kind of team that wins championships!

Mourning
11-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Right on ABA! I'm with you!:amen:

Hicks
11-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Overall I've been very proud of their play, well, except for the defense lol.

ABADays
11-13-2004, 09:33 AM
You know Hicks, these type of over-100 games look like they are going to be more common place this year.

Looks like we might be headed back to the ABA days. Ha Ha Ha - I just kill me.

Anthem
11-13-2004, 11:43 AM
I ain't afeered of no Knicks!

Any word on some of our players returning from the dead?

Hicks
11-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Indystar says that Pollard, Bender, and Fred all hope to play.

3Ball
11-13-2004, 12:33 PM
I don't know whether to be shocked and pleased that we keep scoring 100+ or shocked and upset that THEY keep scoring 100+. Isn't this team supposed to win with defense?

Lord Helmet
11-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Indystar says that Pollard, Bender, and Fred all hope to play.
:cool: And if J.O. and Ron play along with them I wouldn't worry much about the Knicks.But remember last year didn't we get beat by them during the 2nd game @ MSG?Our D must stop Jamal Crawford. :boomer:

TheSauceMaster
11-13-2004, 12:52 PM
It's quite possible with all the injuries and an overtime game on the road the P's just might lose to the Knicks tonight. If so, let's not start posting doom and gloom threads.

Have you ever seen a team with as much guts! These guys battle. I'm so proud of these guys (yes, including the Clippers game - it's gonna happen).

THIS is the kind of team that wins championships!

:amen:

sweabs
11-13-2004, 01:05 PM
I don't know whether to be shocked and pleased that we keep scoring 100+ or shocked and upset that THEY keep scoring 100+. Isn't this team supposed to win with defense?

It all has to do with Stern's evil plan.....:mad:

ChicagoJ
11-14-2004, 01:53 AM

No, that's a myth because that's how last year's team was assembled.

With Stephen Jackson, and a full season of Jamaal Tinsley, this team will be more like the Larry Bird-era Pacers... Compared to last season, this team is much more polished/ balanced offensively, with a great post presence (JO), some outstanding wing players (Jackson, Reggie and Fred Jones on occasion), and solid PG play. And there's that other guy that can fill it up, if he stays here all season.

They'll still be a very good defense, but they're no longer worried about holding the opponents to the eighties - they had to that last season because last year's team struggled to score 90.

I'd rather win 102-94 than 92-88, and that's what this year's team will do, score 8-10 more ppg and give up 6-8 more ppg. That's still at least +2 over last season's point differential, and that's all that matters.

Lastly, we proved last season that we couldn't beat Detroit at thier game - as a superior defensive team. And they improved thier team, defensively, over the summer. Therefore, our only hope to get back to the ECFs is to improve our team, offensively, even if there is some small sacrifice on the defensive side.

waxman
11-14-2004, 02:52 AM
Its early in the season...it seems scoring is usually higher early in the year and slowly tapers off once defensive scheming starts to get a foothold and early season officiating practices wear off....(usually intended to benefit the offense... i.e. hand checking on the perimeter)