PDA

View Full Version : Who's the biggest threat in race for No. 3 seed

90'sNBARocked
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/caught_web_indiana_pacers_blog_east_contenders_201 2_03_01.html

March 1, 2012 - With all due respect to Frank Vogel, who continually challenges the Pacers to strive for bigger and better things -- like not settling for third place in the East -- I submit that keeping the chair in which they sit would not only be a noble and worthy goal to pursue but one that will not be accomplished without great difficulty.
Let's be honest: Miami and Chicago are running away with the East. The Pacers trail the Heat by five games and the Bulls by 5. Both of those teams are on pace to win 50 games, no mean feat in a 66-game season. The Pacers would have to go 28-4 to reach 50 wins.

So let us focus, then, on what it will take to protect the third seed from the pack of competitors chasing that spot. What is there to covet about No. 3? Well, the biggest benefit, aside from homecourt advantage in the first round, is the Pacers would avoid the No. 1 seed until the conference finals. That would be a particularly precious bonus if Miami winds up atop the East.

It would mean a likely second-round matchup against a Chicago team the Pacers have played on relatively even terms in a series that would fan the embers of a smoldering rivalry. Should the Pacers emerge from that series, they would be much more prepared to deal with Miami, a team that has dominated them in the regular season.

But that's looking way down the road. For the moment, the most important images are those in the rear-view mirror. Three teams are on the Pacers' bumper, with two others in the picture.

ORLANDO: The Pacers have dropped two of three to the Magic with one game remaining March 11 on the road. Given the March 15 trade deadline, the Magic will be closer to some kind of resolution of the Dwight Howard situation. If he is traded, there seems little chance Orlando would remain in the hunt for third. If not, the Magic could rally in pursuit of one last playoff run with their dominant center. After slumping in late January, Orlando rallied nicely with an 11-4 record in February. Should Howard be retained, the Magic would pose the most serious threat to the third seed.

PHILADELPHIA: The Pacers have three games remaining with the struggling Sixers, two at home. After a blazing start the Sixers have struggled since hitting the road, losing six of seven. Scoring has been the biggest problem, as the team has averaged just 85.9 points in the last seven games. Injuries haven't helped. Elton Brand has been dealing with a nagging thumb problem and Spencer Hawes has missed 22 games with an Achilles issue. Hawes could return in a couple of weeks, which would help but Philly finishes the season with nine of 11 on the road.

ATLANTA: The Pacers are 1-1 against the Hawks, with Tuesday's game in Bankers Life Fieldhouse to determine the season series. The Hawks got some good news this week as center Al Horford, originally thought to be out for the season after sustaining a torn pectoral muscle against the Pacers on Jan. 11, has been cleared to begin rehab and could be back earlier than expected. But can they remain in the hunt until that time? The Hawks, who were 4-9 in February, play six of their next seven on the road and Joe Johnson is battling sore knees. If they can hang around into the final month, the Hawks finish with five in a row at home.

NEW YORK: The Pacers have yet to face the Knicks, with three meetings remaining. New York has won 10 of 13 to surge into the playoff picture behind Jeremy Lin and with Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire certainly has the marquee talent to put together a run -- although they have quite a bit of ground to cover to climb as high as third. The Knicks will have to do a lot of their work on the road, where they play eight of the next 12 and eight of their final 13.

BOSTON: The Pacers are 2-1, with the final meeting April 7 at home. With reports of interest in trading Rajon Rondo resurfacing, it appears the Celtics are more interested in breaking up their team to begin the rebuilding process than trying to gird the Big Three for another run. After a terrible start they had a brief surge but have slumped again, losing seven of 10.

With nine of their final 12 at home, the Pacers are in favorable position to hold onto third. First, they must survive a brutal stretch of nine straight games against teams currently in playoff position that begins Monday in Chicago. Should they emerge from that gauntlet intact, they will be primed to finish strong.

PGisthefuture
03-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Orlando and Philly are our two biggest competitors for the 3rd seed in my opinion. If the Magic lose Dwight then they are basically out of the race unless they rally together and have a balanced team like the Nuggets last year after the Melo trade.

graphic-er
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Me thinks that Conrad takes Atlanta too lightly. Josh Smith has been on a tear, and they will likely move ahead of both Orlando and Philly.

TheDavisBrothers
03-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Atlanta prob won't get the 3 seed, but if they get Horford back for playoffs I sure as hell don't want to see them in the 1st round

Sparhawk
03-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Atlanta prob won't get the 3 seed, but if they get Horford back for playoffs I sure as hell don't want to see them in the 1st round

The Hawks seem to be our achilles heel, don't want to play them either.

TheDon
03-01-2012, 04:47 PM
It would be really nice if the Hawks could fall to the 7th or 8th seed then get Horfod back and ready for the playoffs to go up against the Bulls or Heat.

LetsTalkPacers
03-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I just dont want to play Miami, Chicago, or Atlanta in the first round. Orlando, Philly, New York, and Boston dont scare me.

Unclebuck
03-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I have to first look at the schedules and give it more thought. But if Howard stays with the Magic I think they are the biggest threat to the third spot.

Sixers IMo do not have another gear to go to in the second half. So while they might play just as well as in the first half of the season, other teams will play better as the season goes along.

Celtics only want to avoid 7 and 8 and stay healthy. 3rd isn't important to them

Hawks are really inconsistant.

Knicks are a few games back now and I do know they have a really tough schedule coming up.

So yes, I would say the magic

90'sNBARocked
03-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Magic, Hawks, Knicks would be the ones I would be concerned with

In fact I am really interested to see how we play against NY this month

OlBlu
03-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I just dont want to play Miami, Chicago, or Atlanta in the first round. Orlando, Philly, New York, and Boston dont scare me.

Well, they should scare you. Boston will play well in the playoffs. NY will have more time for the talent to gel. Orland will be right there until they trade Howard. You may be right about Philly. But when you get in the playoffs and shorten that rotation even more, different teams will come through. I would not be surprised at all to see the Pacers lose in the first round to whoever they play. I also would not be surprised to see them win either. I don't think they are quite as good as their record indicates but that is just me......:cool:

Suaveness
03-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Maybe the biggest threat to getting the 3rd seed is ourselves. We have a tough sched coming up and if we do as poorly as we did during the 5 game losing streak we may lose the ability to get the 3rd seed.

PacersHomer
03-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I just want to play the Celtics, Knicks, or 76ers in the first round.

Nuntius
03-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Knicks are a few games back now and I do know they have a really tough schedule coming up.

The Knicks have had the easiest schedule so far (.447 SOS). They can make a run in the end and prove that they are for real but I cannot see them pushing for the 3rd spot.

That said, Philly is falling pretty fast and Boston seems ready to blow it up so they could win the Atlantic and thus get the 4th seed. I think that Philly will recover though (sooner or later).

ksuttonjr76
03-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Orlando Magic if they keep Howard and pick up Ellis. Many people were already predicting that the 76ers would fall fast once they started playing on the road. Boston is going to want to keep their players healthy and take their chances as a lower seeded team. Atlanta is inconsistent, and I believe trying to work Horford back into the lineup in this condensed season will hurt them more than help them. New York...I'm still not a believer yet.

Minus the Orlando Magic, the 3rd seed is pretty much ours to lose.

Anthem
03-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Minus the Orlando Magic, the 3rd seed is pretty much ours to lose.
Agreed. But if we lose it, we go all the way down to fifth seed. At best.

daschysta
03-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Agreed. But if we lose it, we go all the way down to fifth seed. At best.

However, even if ORL did pass us and we still maintained a better record than the winner of the Atlantic division we would still have homecourt in the 4/5 matchup even though Philly/New York/ whoever si the higher seed.

Philly is incredibly overrated, i've watched many of their games and they are horrible, horrible at closing out. Williams is really streaky, and Holiday, Igoudala, Turner and the others are incapable of creating their own shot, PG, Danny, David and Roy would each be the first option on that team. They have to have a 10-15 point cushion throughout the game to win, they can't grind it out at all, they blow the opponent out or they lose.

New York is also overrated, they've had a cake schedule and they will wither int he upcoming bit. Amare has declined incredibly, and Lin would be destroyed by our pressure defense if we put Paul George on him.

Anthem
03-01-2012, 09:19 PM
However, even if ORL did pass us and we still maintained a better record than the winner of the Atlantic division we would still have homecourt in the 4/5 matchup even though Philly/New York/ whoever is the higher seed.
Fair point. I'd like our chances in either of those matchups.

Of course, then we'd have Miami in the second round.

daschysta
03-01-2012, 09:27 PM

Agreed. Miami would embarrass us unless we just played perfectly. New York, Philly and Boston though we should be clear favorites against in a playoff series.

The perfect scenario would be Miami with the 1 seed and we get the 3rd seed meaning we play the 2-7 matchup in the second round. We are however, working on a zone, which with our good length and defensive talent may be somewhat successful a bit in a Miami series.

Chicago wants no part of us, yeah we'd be underdogs, but we'd have a chance to win the series, and best case scenario for chicago involves alot more bumps and bruises than they would prefer that early in the playoffs.

ksuttonjr76
03-01-2012, 09:35 PM

Or Chicago. I'm still waiting for one of those two teams to separate themselves from the other. Due to the Atlantic Division, the 3rd seed is pretty much the same as the 5th seed, since we'll have home advantage no matter what. Also, we avoid the Orlando magic altogether if they're still in the playoff hunt with Dwight Howard on the team.

Personally, I believe Chicago is the more dangerous team, because they were still winning without Derrick Rose. Miami was winning without Wade, but they still had Bosh and Lebron. Either way you toss it up (3rd or 5th seed), we're going to have a tough 2nd round series.

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 09:48 PM
However, even if ORL did pass us and we still maintained a better record than the winner of the Atlantic division we would still have homecourt in the 4/5 matchup even though Philly/New York/ whoever si the higher seed.

Philly is incredibly overrated, i've watched many of their games and they are horrible, horrible at closing out. Williams is really streaky, and Holiday, Igoudala, Turner and the others are incapable of creating their own shot, PG, Danny, David and Roy would each be the first option on that team. They have to have a 10-15 point cushion throughout the game to win, they can't grind it out at all, they blow the opponent out or they lose.

New York is also overrated, they've had a cake schedule and they will wither int he upcoming bit. Amare has declined incredibly, and Lin would be destroyed by our pressure defense if we put Paul George on him.

Does the highlighted part sounds familiar? I think we are as overrated as Philly, they are actually the best defensive team in the league by the way.

Regarding NY like I say before, I don't want to face them in the 1st round, they have the talent to destroy anybody.

Edit: by the way I know that we are 22-12.

TheDavisBrothers
03-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Does the highlighted part sounds familiar? I think we are as overrated as Philly, they are actually the best defensive team in the league by the way.

Regarding NY like I say before, I don't want to face them in the 1st round, they have the talent to destroy anybody.

Hey, lighten up we're 10 games above .500! :D:laugh:

ksuttonjr76
03-01-2012, 10:05 PM

They may have the talent, but....

daschysta
03-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Philly can't win close games vnzla, they aren't going to be blowing teams out in the post-season.

We can create a shot and hit a shot far, far better than they can. Danny, David, and Roy would each be Phillies first option. They either blow people out or lose, it's a recipe for playoff failure, we can win close grind it out games, they haven't proven they can. Talk to a Phillidelphia fan, they'll tell you the same thing. If Williams isn't really hot they can't close games at all, we're far better at that than they are.

NY is also incredibly overrated by you. Amare has declined to a tremendous degree, he hasn't been anything more than an average starting PF this year, and thats being generous, his defense hasn't improved one bit, despite being mediocre offensively. You can't look at that roster anymore and say WOW they have two legit All-Star caliber players, unless your talking about Chandler (who is borderline all-star level) and Melo.

Lin is terrible against defensive pressure too, PG would eat him alive defending him on the perimeter.

Anthem
03-01-2012, 10:30 PM
NY is also incredibly overrated by you. Amare has declined to a tremendous degree, he hasn't been anything more than an average starting PF this year, and thats being generous, his defense hasn't improved one bit, despite being mediocre offensively. You can't look at that roster anymore and say WOW they have two legit All-Star caliber players, unless your talking about Chandler (who is borderline all-star level) and Melo.

Lin is terrible against defensive pressure too, PG would eat him alive defending him on the perimeter.
I would dearly love to play New York in the playoffs.

daschysta
03-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I would dearly love to play New York in the playoffs.

Oh me too, for more than one reason.

The exposure of beating NY, despite my opinion that they are mediocre, would do wonders for our national appeal, much like competing in the Garden rocketed us into the public consciousness during Reggie's heyday in the 90's.

Nuntius
03-01-2012, 11:49 PM

Personally, I'm more scared of NY when they have Novak on the court than when they have Amare. It was with Novak that they came back last night.

PacersHomer
03-02-2012, 12:43 AM
The ideal situation for me would be something like

1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. Indiana
4. Philadelphia
5. Orlando
6. New York
7. Boston
8. Atlanta

I don't see Atlanta collapsing like that, but if they would get Horford back they would be extremely dangerous and could give the Heat a little trouble maybe.

Unclebuck
03-02-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't see Atlanta collapsing like that, but if they would get Horford back they would be extremely dangerous and could give the Heat a little trouble maybe.

If the heat keep playing anything like they have been the past 3 weeks, they probably will lose 2 or 3 games the rest of the season. No team is catching them.

Anthem
03-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Let's shake off the doom and gloom of last night's loss by seeing what other teams are doing.

New York has lost 7 of 10 and is now 4 games under .500. Are people still looking for them to make a late-season push?

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 01:42 PM
New York has lost 7 of 10 and is now 4 games under .500. Are people still looking for them to make a late-season push?

I wonder if some posters here still consider them a better team than the Pacers :cool:

cdash
03-11-2012, 01:48 PM

D'Antoni probably needs to go after this season. They have too much talent to be this mediocre.

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 01:50 PM
D'Antoni probably needs to go after this season. They have too much talent to be this mediocre.

Talent is overrated.

Pacer Fan
03-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I wonder if some posters here still consider them a better team than the Pacers :cool:

We will soon find out come the 16th. Shhh...don't speak to loud!:cool:

pacer4ever
03-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Talent is overrated.

Lol no it's not.

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Lol no it's not.

The Wizards have been a lottery team in the last 3 seasons. They have amassed a lot of (offensive) talent. However, they cannot win games.

Do you know why? Because talent cannot win you games alone. Talent is not enough when you lack the know-how to play as a team.

Talent is good to have. But in a team game like basketball talent is not going to be good enough alone. It has to come with other things. Knowledge, effort and teamwork.

That's my opinion, at least. You have every right to disagree.

cdash
03-11-2012, 02:14 PM
The Wizards have been a lottery team in the last 3 seasons. They have amassed a lot of (offensive) talent. However, they cannot win games.

Do you know why? Because talent cannot win you games alone. Talent is not enough when you lack the know-how to play as a team.

Talent is good to have. But in a team game like basketball talent is not going to be good enough alone. It has to come with other things. Knowledge, effort and teamwork.

That's my opinion, at least. You have every right to disagree.

I don't really think the Wizards have an above average roster talent-wise. Talent only takes you so far, just as great teamwork without talent can only take you so far. You need a healthy mix of the two in order to be a true contender. Going back to my post about the Knicks--they have guys who have made deep playoff runs in the past. The guys know how to win. I just think D'Antoni's gimmick system has run it's course there.

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Talent only takes you so far, just as great teamwork without talent can only take you so far. You need a healthy mix of the two in order to be a true contender.

I agree with this. You certainly need both to win. However, a lot of times talent is overstated and everything else is considered marginal. That's why I think that talent is overrated.

Going back to my post about the Knicks--they have guys who have made deep playoff runs in the past. The guys know how to win. I just think D'Antoni's gimmick system has run it's course there.

Watching the Knicks, I see D' Antoni's "gimmick" system working in perfection when Lin/Davis, Fields, Jeffries, Novak and Chandler are in. The system falls apart when Carmelo and STAT enter the floor.

Sure, they have guys who made deep playoff runs in the past. But the past is irrelevant now. I, frankly, don't believe that these two are capable of this anymore.

cdash
03-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Watching the Knicks, I see D' Antoni's "gimmick" system working in perfection when Lin/Davis, Fields, Jeffries, Novak and Chandler are in. The system falls apart when Carmelo and STAT enter the floor.

Sure, they have guys who made deep playoff runs in the past. But the past is irrelevant now. I, frankly, don't believe that these two are capable of this anymore.

The past is not irrelevant. Stoudemire's best days are clearly behind him, but Melo is still in his prime. Chandler is still playing the best ball of his career. They have some shooters. In the East, that team should be the #3 seed. I think if they had a coach who put an emphasis on defense, rebounding, and taking care of the ball, they would probably be the third best team in the East. As it stands now, they are underachieving. That being said, I still don't want any part of them in the playoffs. MSG will be rocking come playoff time.

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 02:33 PM
The past is not irrelevant. Stoudemire's best days are clearly behind him, but Melo is still in his prime. Chandler is still playing the best ball of his career. They have some shooters. In the East, that team should be the #3 seed. I think if they had a coach who put an emphasis on defense, rebounding, and taking care of the ball, they would probably be the third best team in the East. As it stands now, they are underachieving. That being said, I still don't want any part of them in the playoffs. MSG will be rocking come playoff time.

I think that Melo is part his prime at the moment.

Yeah, MSG will be rocking come playoff time. If they make the playoffs. Several teams are close to them and their schedule will only get harder.

They are certainly underachieving at the moment. I just don't see how they can play to their potential.

Melo is a terrible fit for D'Antoni's offense. One of them, has to go.

Pacer Fan
03-11-2012, 02:39 PM
If Steve Nash goes to NY, I would take them as favorites for a championship. NY has way to much talent and they need a leader at pg that knows DA's system. Nash with Stoudemire, Chandler, Melo would be a nightmare. Lin and Davis cannot do what needs to be done there and that is a true leader at the pg position.

cdash
03-11-2012, 02:40 PM
I think that Melo is part his prime at the moment.

Yeah, MSG will be rocking come playoff time. If they make the playoffs. Several teams are close to them and their schedule will only get harder.

They are certainly underachieving at the moment. I just don't see how they can play to their potential.

Melo is a terrible fit for D'Antoni's offense. One of them, has to go.

I think we agree for the most part. I think D'Antoni needs to go. They can't give up on Melo so soon. If they were smart they would do everything in their power to lure Phil Jackson out of retirement.

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
I think we agree for the most part. I think D'Antoni needs to go. They can't give up on Melo so soon. If they were smart they would do everything in their power to lure Phil Jackson out of retirement.

If they were smart they wouldn't gut their team to get Melo :p

vnzla81
03-11-2012, 02:46 PM

Yeah I don't think you get rid of Mike, a lot of the players they have fit his system pretty well, pretty much everybody but Melo fit that system.

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Yeah I don't think you get rid of Mike, a lot of the players they have fit his system pretty well, pretty much everybody but Melo fit that system.

And that's one of those rare moments that I agree 100% with vnzla :D

cdash
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM

That's fair, but Melo is also the best player on that team. That strikes me as something of a problem if the best player on your team, a guy you just gutted your roster to acquire, does not fit with your scheme.

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 02:52 PM
That's fair, but Melo is also the best player on that team. That strikes me as something of a problem if the best player on your team, a guy you just gutted your roster to acquire, does not fit with your scheme.

It is a problem for the so called "best" player on the team.

cdash
03-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Pray tell, who is the best player on that team if it isn't Melo?

vnzla81
03-11-2012, 02:59 PM

Yeah but remember that they are paying a lot of money for Amare, you change the system and he is going to be worse and his knees are not insured making it impossible to trade him to change the system.

Not only that but Lin, Baron, JR, Novak and Fields are guys that are really good with Mike's system, call me crazy but if I was NY I find a way to trade Melo for a player that fits the system.

cdash
03-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah but remember that they are paying a lot of money for Amare, you change the system and he is going to be worse and his knees are not insured making it impossible to trade him to change the system.

Not only that but Lin, Baron, JR, Novak and Fields are guys that are really good with Mike's system, call me crazy but if I was NY I find a way to trade Melo for a player that fits the system.

If you are making personnel decisions based around the fact that guys like Novak, Fields, and Lin fit your system then you have bigger issues than worrying about the third seed in the East. JR Smith doesn't need a system to be effective. I don't really think Amare is a product of the system either. Really, I think the only one would be seriously impacted by being out of D'Antoni's system would be Lin. I think he's smart enough to where he would be okay, but his numbers would almost certainly suffer.

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Pray tell, who is the best player on that team if it isn't Melo?

I don't know and I don't really care to be honest. I'm just not interested in evaluating a player based on what he did in the past or how many highlight he produces or how great his raw, individual talent is.

I only care to evaluate how players play at this moment. And Melo is certainly not playing as their best player at the moment.

vnzla81
03-11-2012, 03:13 PM
If you are making personnel decisions based around the fact that guys like Novak, Fields, and Lin fit your system then you have bigger issues than worrying about the third seed in the East. JR Smith doesn't need a system to be effective. I don't really think Amare is a product of the system either. Really, I think the only one would be seriously impacted by being out of D'Antoni's system would be Lin. I think he's smart enough to where he would be okay, but his numbers would almost certainly suffer.

Yeah I don't think Amare is a product of the system but he needs a system where he can take his opponent one on one, pick and roll is his best strength, he needs players that can open the floor for him and Melo is not a good outside shooter so it doesn't help him at all, I am trying to think but I can't think of another good player that can fit that system better than Melo, Danny?

cdash
03-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't know and I don't really care to be honest. I'm just not interested in evaluating a player based on what he did in the past or how many highlight he produces or how great his raw, individual talent is.

I only care to evaluate how players play at this moment. And Melo is certainly not playing as their best player at the moment.

That seems like an incredibly short-sighted way to evaluate players, but whatever works for you I guess.

You still never answered my question: Who is the Knicks' best player at the moment if it isn't Melo? Or who is playing better than him?

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 03:44 PM
That seems like an incredibly short-sighted way to evaluate players, but whatever works for you I guess.

It may be short-sighted. But I just don't think that Melo will ever be the player that he was 3 or 4 years ago. I may be at fault. It's just my opinion after all.

You still never answered my question: Who is the Knicks' best player at the moment if it isn't Melo? Or who is playing better than him?

I didn't answered your question because as I said I don't care who is playing better for the Knicks at the moment :p

But let's answer anyway. I'll let the stats do the talking:

Melo's stats post ASG:

43 / 103 FG

32 / 42 FT

36 Rebounds

15 Assists

3 Steals

2 Blocks

Lin's stats post ASG:

36 / 88 FG

24 / 34 FT

19 Rebounds

49 Assists

13 Steals

Amare's stats post ASG:

36 / 81 FG

26 / 34 FT

57 Rebounds

3 Assists

4 Steals

5 Blocks

Chandler's stats post ASG (in 4 games):

13 / 23 FG

9 / 16 FT

49 Rebounds

2 Assists

6 Steals

8 Blocks

So, it depends to what you deem better. Lin has been good creating but he's also kinda inefficient but turnover prone. Melo is battling the boards but offensively he is very inefficient. Amare has the better stats but all he does is shoot and somewhat rebound.

Personally, I believe that Chandler would be the best player if he was not injured. He is efficient and he is affecting the Knicks way more on defense and rebounding than any other member of their team.

cdash
03-11-2012, 04:22 PM
It may be short-sighted. But I just don't think that Melo will ever be the player that he was 3 or 4 years ago. I may be at fault. It's just my opinion after all.

Personally, I believe that Chandler would be the best player if he was not injured. He is efficient and he is affecting the Knicks way more on defense and rebounding than any other member of their team.

Is Melo really that much different than he was three or four years ago? I don't really understand the difference. He's always been somewhat inefficient on offense and a good rebounder. I'm just not sure what has changed.

I can get on board with a Chandler-is-better-than-Melo argument.

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Is Melo really that much different than he was three or four years ago? I don't really understand the difference. He's always been somewhat inefficient on offense and a good rebounder. I'm just not sure what has changed.

Well, if this Melo was considered one of the top 5 players 3 years ago (I was not watching the NBA back then) then certainly something had to be wrong with the league :p

cdash
03-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Well, if this Melo was considered one of the top 5 players 3 years ago (I was not watching the NBA back then) then certainly something had to be wrong with the league :p

:laugh:

Damn man for someone who has only been watching the NBA for a couple of years you know your stuff.

I've never really thought Melo was one of the five best players in the NBA. I think his reputation has always been better than his actual impact on the court.

Nuntius
03-11-2012, 04:36 PM
I think his reputation has always been better than his actual impact on the court.

That's the way I see it as well. Thanks for the compliment :)