PDA

View Full Version : WE SHOULD HAVE FOULED OUT CROSHERE TO BRING IN J.O.

ARTESTMVP
11-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Think about it. I believe the rule is every extra foul on the person who already has 6 fouls turns into a technical free throw and the ball. Is that true or is it every extra foul regardless of the player turns into a technical foul? We could have afforded to give up an extra point and have Austin fouled out...we would have won with J.O. in overtime.

Anthem
11-13-2004, 12:59 AM
Day late, dollar short. We have a thread about this already. It doesn't work that way.

ARTESTMVP
11-13-2004, 01:07 AM
I do not know why we even allowed the three pointer to get off in the end of regulation. Foul him and send him to the free-throw line and we would win it! Pacers need to stop putting themselves in those situations.

Anthem
11-13-2004, 03:26 AM
I agree with fouling when you're down three, but Zeke, Larry Brown, and Carlisle all think it's a bad strategy.

Anybody know why?

Kstat
11-13-2004, 04:40 AM
Because if the man shoots it immidiately, you foul yourself into giving the other team three free throws. I don't see why people don't realize that.

Also, when players are trying to foul ,they're not concentrating on playing defense. makes it much easier to get a shot off.