PDA

View Full Version : What if Croshere had fouled out?

Shade
11-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Would we have been forced to forfeit, or play 4-on-5? :shrug:

Stryder
11-13-2004, 12:06 AM
I think JO could have come back in, but some kind of penalty would have been called every play or something like that.

bmac
11-13-2004, 12:14 AM
It would have been just like the movie "Hooisers"........remember the scene when there are only 4 players eligible and Hackman yells "my team is on the court!" Classic scene........

But getting back to the Pacers I wanted the game to go into double overtime just to see if that exact situation would have occured. At least something about the Pacers besides Artest shenanigans would have made sportscenter.

bmac
11-13-2004, 12:14 AM
It would have been just like the movie "Hoosiers"........remember the scene when there are only 4 players eligible and Hackman yells "my team is on the court!" Classic scene........

But getting back to the Pacers I wanted the game to go into double overtime just to see if that exact situation would have occured. At least something about the Pacers besides Artest shenanigans would have made sportscenter.

arkman40
11-13-2004, 12:15 AM
from the NBA rules:

a. Each team shall consist of five players. No team may be reduced to less than five players. If a player in the game receives his sixth personal foul and all substitutes have already been disqualified, said player shall remain in the game and shall be charged with a personal and team foul. A technical foul also shall be assessed against his team. All subsequent personal fouls, including offensive fouls, shall be treated similarly. All players who have six or more personal fouls and remain in the game shall be treated similarly.
b. In the event that there are only five eligible players remaining and one of these players is injured and must leave the game or is ejected, he must be replaced by the last player who was disqualified by reason of receiving six personal fouls. Each subsequent requirement to replace an injured or ejected player will be treated in this inverse order. Any such re-entry into a game by a disqualified player shall be penalized by a technical foul.

bmac
11-13-2004, 12:16 AM
English please..........

bmac
11-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Alright. I get it now. But it would be more fun if they had to go 4 on 5.

Bball
11-13-2004, 12:28 AM
In Hoosiers there was an eligible player but he'd went 'Artest' on the team and was not running the offense and passing the ball as the coach had dictated. Coach Dale pulled him even though he was hitting the quick shots he was taking.

Then later when Hickory was left with 4 players on the court due to a player fouling out, the benched player jumped up to go back in the game and Coach Dale told him to sit back down.

"My -team- is on the floor" coach Dale told the ref.

----

I'm not sure why the NBA doesn't make it a team option on whether to play with 4 and not be penalized further or accept the penalties to play with 5.

Either scenario is going to give the other team an advantage but in at least one you have a bit more control over your own destiny.

-Bball

Hoop
11-13-2004, 01:14 AM
We were going 5 against 8 anyway. :mad: