PDA

View Full Version : Pacers won this game tonight

Unclebuck
11-12-2004, 09:51 PM
On my scorecard the pacers won and they are now 5-1, I don't care what the NBA says.

The number of bad calls against the pacers was unbelievable.

The worst flgrant foul I have ever seen in my life, I questioned if it was a foul at all. The three refs should be suspended without pay for at least a month. Ihave not been this mad about a call since the LJ 4 point play.

Then on the last possession of regulation Jakcosn was fouled, no call, and he was fouled a lot harder than the flagrant foul.

Then J.O did not touch Ivy and is fouled out.

Then Tinsley gets called for a bogus offensive foul.

In my book the Pacers are 5-1, and I will for the rest of this season consider the Pacers to have won tonight.

Those three refs should be ashamed, and the NBA should just fire then all.

As most of you know I hardly if ever complain about the refs

Ragnar
11-12-2004, 10:04 PM
I agree this is the worst I have seen since the LJ play. It is even worse than the one where Ewing committed basket interference and tipped in the ball on the rim but the reffs called it a three.

Doug in CO
11-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Usually there is one bad call that leaves you pissed.

Tonight there was 4.

And watch, we will be so damn tired tomorrow that we will lose that one too.

Jermaniac
11-12-2004, 10:09 PM
I swear man I have not been this pissed in a very long tim, the refs commited theft and they know it. If we lost fair and square okay we lose, but for them to steal this damn game from us has me really mad.

efx
11-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Well, remember that the Knicks played tonight as well so the playing field should be fairly leveled.

And I still haven't heard anything about how the Pacers managed to blow a 17-point lead like that. I confident that reffing can't add that much to the outcome.

Rough game for sure, but it doesn't really matter.

Unclebuck
11-12-2004, 10:13 PM
The NBA better apologize, like by noon tomorrow, I don't care if it is Saturday.

Doug in CO
11-12-2004, 10:14 PM
an apology does not put a W in the comumn

Doug in CO
11-12-2004, 10:15 PM
an apology does not put a W in the column

Hicks
11-12-2004, 10:16 PM
I can excuse an 8-man team losing a lead late. And we still would have won if not for such ********. If they'd made these calls in say, one of the first 3 quarters, it wouldn't have been as bad because you have time to rise above it. But getting them in critical stretches at the end of the 4th, or in OT, it kills. Just kills.

Unclebuck
11-12-2004, 10:17 PM
I have put a W in the column

efx, I can tell by your comments that you did not watch the game, because if you did you would be pissed. Look at who played for the pacers off the bench.

efx
11-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Exactly, that is why I asked how they blew a 17 point lead and if there maybe was an alternative theory to the refs.

I also asked this question 2 times in the chat and it was ignored.

Simple as that.

Hicks
11-12-2004, 10:25 PM
I don't see where in the rule book it says you forfit the game if you blow a big lead. We deserved to have a close game at the end. But the calls took us from a slim lead, to a slim loss.

sweabs
11-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Wow - this all sounds ridiculous.

I would love to see video from the games if anyone has the ability to post it?

MagicRat
11-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Tinsley had a banner game tonight.......

It's tough to have a game go that long, play that many minutes, and not score a single point. Yes, I know, he's a "classic" point guard who is just supposed to pass the ball...........but 0 points is just pathetic, even if you're Vinny Del Negro..........

Oh, he had a deuce and an "and 1".........

MSA2CF
11-12-2004, 10:39 PM
I don't think you can blame Jamaal for not scoring; it's not his job...I beg to differ on the issue of "pathetic."

edit: You can, but I disagree...
Making it politically correct

Unclebuck
11-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Tinsley had an interesting night. He did a fine job on Iverson. he made several very nice passes and he ran the ball club very well. He also got the offense back together at about the 7 minute mark of the 4th quarter when the pacers really needed it.

But he took some awful shots tonight that were early in the shot clock and he had some turnovers also.

I thought Artest and J.O worked well off each other and they really carried the Pacera to a great win tonight. Ron was really passing the ball well tonight looking for his teammates.

rabid
11-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Wow. Just Wow. :mad:

MagicRat
11-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Tinsley had a banner game tonight.......

It's tough to have a game go that long, play that many minutes, and not score a single point. Yes, I know, he's a "classic" point guard who is just supposed to pass the ball...........but 0 points is just pathetic, even if you're Vinny Del Negro..........

Oh, he had a deuce and an "and 1".........

.....................then why didn't I see it, and the boxscore says he had 0? I know I'm just setting myself up for whatever joke you have planned next...........

The only joke is that they called him for an offensive foul, rather than counting the basket and sending him to the line. Just one of the horrible calls.......

Shade
11-12-2004, 10:59 PM
No offense to anyone, but I'm really getting sick of the "the Pacers should have won anyway" excuse. We did everything we needed to do to win and more, and had everything taken away time and time again. We suited 8 freaking players and only 5 were left in uniform at the end of the game.

No more excuses for the refs. They cheated for Philadelphia tonight, and worst of all, they're going to get away with it.

MagicRat
11-12-2004, 11:02 PM

sweabs
11-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Wow - first off, thanks for the link Magic Rat :cool:

Okay...but those calls..........BRUUUTALLL.

Wow - I'm glad I didn't see that game - because I'd likely be driving over a cliff right now....

Wow...all I can say.

cramerica
11-12-2004, 11:41 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how that could be a foul on Jamaal AT ALL!?!?! He got AI to jump into him and yet he gets called for the foul? WTF CHUCK!

Johnny
11-12-2004, 11:51 PM
My wife and I were just in shock after some of the calls in this game. Did anyone see JO getting in the ref's face after the game?

It will be interesting to hear if anyone calls the refs out and takes the fine.

RA231
11-12-2004, 11:59 PM
I read some of the post game comments from Artest, Rick, and JO and none of them made excuses and blamed the refs, even though they did cost the game.

tseramid
11-13-2004, 12:00 AM
You suppose Ron Artest's Flagrant Foul will be rescinded? :laugh:

RA231
11-13-2004, 12:04 AM
I think the refs knew that the Pacers only had 8 players, so they fouled out 3. IF there was a second overtime they(refs) would called a foul on Artest because the guy he was guarding tripped over his shoelace 3 yards away from him and he would of fouled out, forcing them to play 4 vs 5 with the 4 guys that were supposed to be on the bench this season. It really seemed like that could happen. They need to suspended for like the rest of the year. That was down right terrible.

Hoop
11-13-2004, 12:12 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how that could be a foul on Jamaal AT ALL!?!?! He got AI to jump into him and yet he gets called for the foul? WTF CHUCK!

Tin's didn't even throw his self into AI, he leaned back and AI laned on him and he still got the freaking foul.........unfluckingbelievable. :mad:

We were robbed, no doubt about it, we were *****ing robbed.

:mad:

MagicRat
11-13-2004, 12:17 AM

Millerartest
11-13-2004, 12:25 AM
I want to know how MagicRat gets the highlights. My basketball life on the Westcoast consist of watching parts of national games--never the Pacers--and checking the internet to look at boxscores and people's comments.

Iverson duped the refs on the call against JO. When stars flop they usually get away with it. I lost respect for Iverson after that call. Maybe the NBA should consider 1-2 camera reviews a game like they have in football.

The Tinsley call also seemed like star treatment for AI. Or they have gone a complete 180 from back in the day when the defender was always called for the foul when in the air, to when the offensive player is always called if they make any effort to draw the foul.

I wanted to see the flagrant on Artest, though.

All I got to say is that the Pacers are tough to be able to win with just 5, and this will just fuel the hunger that they need.

Millerartest
11-13-2004, 12:29 AM
Thanks MagicRat! That is hands down the worst flagrant I have ever seen. It is questionable whether that was even a foul. Maybe this was, "Let's get Ron Artest for making the NBA seem inferior to hip-hop day."

Millerartest
11-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Final observation: Krover never should have had that good of a look at a 3. You don't give a guy space who is already 6-9.

RA231
11-13-2004, 12:35 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!! That Artest nailed that guy. HE SHOULDA BEEN THROWN OUTA THE GAME!!!!!!! So in OT it woulda been 4 vs 5 with 4 guys that were SUPPOSED to be on the bench before the season started. And by the way, I was being sarcastic.;)

Peck
11-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Savor this victory 76ers because payback on this one will be a *****.

I hate Allen Iverson, I have always hated Allen Iverson & I will always hate Allen Iverson.

He is everything that is wrong with the N.B.A. (& no not because of his apperance or attitude).

I would have not only forgiven Artest for a real flagrant foul vs. self centered *** I would have forgiven him anything he has done as a Pacer up to this point in his career & probably would even have given him a pass on some future infraction.

The man sucks as a basketball player & then because our third string p.g. is forced to guard him he finally hits a shot to win the game for them. *******!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I'd just as soon see Larry Johnson hit a three on us to win a game & then dance around doing that stupid L.J. jesture with his arms than to have this poor excuse of ball player do anything.

Oh yea, the refs. sucked as well.

Look I never point to the refs. as a reason to lose & I am not going to say they were the only ones that cost us that game either. But they damn well didn't help. What B.S. was that call on O'Neal when Iverson tripped over his own feet? Look, I'm not hypocritical about it because let's face it we have Reggie on our team. But damn, that was a bad call.

Lost in all of this is the fact that Austin Croshere almost won the game for us with some heady play in overtime.

I hope to God we run the score up on these guys the next time we play.

dipperdunk
11-13-2004, 08:02 AM
There is no doubt there were 3 horrible calls late in the game that went against you guys. All three were mentioned in this thread.

The Artest flagrant call was as bad as it gets; the official should be fined for that one. There was no intent to injure on that foul. The JO foul I don't blame Iverson if he faked it if he did it was a smart move. :laugh: But I don't think he faked it I just think he tripped over his own feet and the ref just blew the call. I told myself after watching the olympic officials this summer and their ineptitude that I wouldn't criticize the NBA refs but they were horrible even though it benefited the 76ers you never want to see your team win because of poor officiating. Those 3 calls were just awful and they were at key times of the game.

I wouldn't be too concerned with the Pacers; they have a very deep team and will be fine when they get everybody back healthy. When you remove AJ and Foster you're taking away two very tough team defensive players. I was impressed with their offensive spacing and Jackson has added an important element to your team. He has ice water in his veins and that will really help in the playoffs; Reggie was a great player but he was a little timid and passed up too many good looks last year but Jackson won't hesitate and he will make teams pay for packing it in down low against JO.

Is there a tougher combo in the league than JO/Artest ? They are a nightmare on both ends of the court.

As for the 76ers I knew they were young so I wasn't expecting much especially with Iguodala and Green starting but I was hoping the team would be well coached and play tough defense but so far after 6 games they've been unimpressive to say the least. They have had just as many defensive breakdowns as they had when Ayers was the coach; their team defense is awful, granted they don't have a shot blocker with Dalembert injured and that area should improve when he recovers but they have been painful to watch on both ends of the court. I swear I might blow a gasket the next time Iverson dribbles into traffic and turns it over. He had 9 TO's in a game the other night and O'Brien just watched on like nothing was wrong. :banghead:

I'll give O'Brien and Harter a month to implement their system before I start *****ing but so far the execution on both ends of the court has been awful. They had 30 turnovers the other night. Their record is 3-3 but those 3 w's have been "fools gold", they have been trailing in every game by at least 17 pts. and could easily be 0-6. :(

I hope when these teams meet again later in the season the Pacers are back healthy and firing on all cylinders and the 76ers are playing at an improved higher level with something that resembles a system on both ends of the court.

Ragnar
11-13-2004, 08:58 AM
Final observation: Krover never should have had that good of a look at a 3. You don't give a guy space who is already 6-9.

When the guy guarding him has 5 fouls and they have already called a couple of really bad fouls on the Pacers you can see how he got open. Plus it helps that Iverson shoved Jermaine out of the way.

DisplacedKnick
11-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Yup - you guys got screwed. The flagrant was horrible. Not as sure about the call when JO fouled out - didn't see enough camera angles to know if AI actually hit his leg or just flopped.

As soon as Jackson shoved Jackson (that's wierd) on his shot at the end of the game I'm thinking, that should be a foul but they never call it - then again, they never call a flagrant with 30 seconds left in a close game unless it's a whopper either.

Bad for you, good for us (tonight). I'd never predict a Knick win vs a full-strength Pacer team but if we're within 8-10 going into the 4th I think we get you - you just have no bench right now.

If they've really stepped up their evaluation of the refs then there should be a few missing some games w/out pay.

Unclebuck
11-13-2004, 09:27 AM
o

Is there a tougher combo in the league than JO/Artest ? They are a nightmare on both ends of the court.

Great post dipperdunk as always.

Let me first comment on the Sixers. I don't think they played very well last night either, if Korver does not get hot the Sixers are down 20 plus points most of the game and they don't come back.

But I saw several signs of a Jim O'Brien coached team last night. His teams always show a lot of heart, the Celtics always had a lot of great comeback wins. His teams never give up.

I think O'Brien is a great coach, but his offensive system is not the type I like, he allows his players too much freedom, but he allows that because he demands so much on the defensive end.

I saw a carbon copy of the Celtics defense. The fronting of the post. The swarming the strong side. Blitzing the pick and roll. And their defense really stepped it up lat ein the 3rd quarter and for the rest of the game, Pacers had trouble getting decent shots. Celts opponents will likely lead the league in three point shot attempts because that is whah they give up. O'Brian and Harter as they did in Boston can take terrible defenders and mold them into a pretty good defensive unit. They will do so in Philly.

Your comments about J.O and Artest are so accurate. IMO they are the best combo in the whole NBA because they are so tough on both ends of the court. And that is the reson why they should not be split up. I saw some good chemistry between the two last night