PDA

View Full Version : Most Valuable Poster - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

LoneGranger33
02-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Most Valuable Poster Awarded to the poster who you believe to be most valuable to the board.

BillS, Naptown_Seth, Peck, Trader Joe, vnzla81

The big prize of the awards season, the Most Valuable Poster honor has only been bestowed upon four posters in Pacers Digest's nine-year history. Three of those posters, Hicks, Peck and Unclebuck, are from the inaugural class and have been the most consistent and well-respected contributors since Day 1. The other winner, the estimable count55, of course, is a major part of the creative team over at 8pts9secs (www.eightpointsnineseconds.com). Needless to say, this field represents the best of the best. Who was the Most Valuable Poster this year?

Past Winners:
2004 - Unclebuck
2005 - Peck
2006 - Peck
2007 - Unclebuck
2008 - Unclebuck
2009 - count55
2010 - Hicks

This poll will close on Wednesday at 7 p.m.

BillS
02-29-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm rather boggled to be on this list.

Mackey_Rose
02-29-2012, 02:16 PM
I voted for the poster who creates the most discussion. Without him, this forum would be a real bore.

Kstat
02-29-2012, 02:47 PM
It does not seem fair to have UB in the hall without Peck. They're like the Magic and Bird of the forum. (Peck being Magic).

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Wow I never expected to be nominated for this, thanks for the nomination for whoever voted for me. :)

AesopRockOn
02-29-2012, 04:45 PM
http://memecreator.net/y-u-no/showimage.php/7778/awards-committee-y-u-no-grandfather-in-Peck.jpg

Keep up the good work, TJ.

LoneGranger33
02-29-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm going to go Trader Joe because he stepped it up on game threads this year (and as a non-Hoosier Pacer fan, the game threads are very important to me), but they're all deserving candidates. If I'm being completely honest, though, Naptown_Seth is the only poster whose posts I always read.

avoidingtheclowns
03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Sasquatch would vote for TJ. That's good enough for me.

Trader Joe
03-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Keepin' it squatchy

ballism
03-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Peck. I rarely get too bummed out about any game, but when I do, his recaps help me put it in perspective.

LoneGranger33
03-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Peck. I rarely get too bummed out about any game, but when I do, his recaps help me put it in perspective.

Judging by your phrasing, I'm not sure if you're praising Peck or selling Dos Equis. In an unrelated story, here's my advice for all the other nominees: Stay thirsty, my friends.

LoneGranger33
03-02-2012, 08:44 PM
The voting period is officially over.

Congratulations to the Most Valuable Poster, Peck!

The official tally is as follows:

Peck- 36 votes (62.07% of respondents)
Trader Joe - 7 votes
BillS - 5 votes
Naptown_Seth - 5 votes
vnzla81 - 5 votes

Congratulations to our new Pacers Digest Forum Awards retiree, Peck, who has cemented his legacy with his third win as Most Valuable Poster! I think the overwhelming win percentage speaks for itself - and if not, certainly the popularity of his Odd Thoughts threads, which always foster engaging discussion and debate, demonstrate how important he is to this forum. He may only average a little over three posts a day (over his eight years on this forum), but I think we can all agree that he packs a lot into each one - humor, observation, and insight in just the right mix. While it is important to acknowledge the contributions of all of our MVP nominees (and they all are deserving of recognition), Pecks stands head and shoulders above the field. That he would win a third MVP award was never really in doubt - it was only a matter of when. On behalf of my fellow posters, I'd like to thank you for making this one of the best fan forums on the net.

Brad8888
03-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Congratulations!

Also

:bananadan :dance: :mango: :pineapple :rock: :apple: :dorange: :bdance:

AesopRockOn
03-03-2012, 10:29 PM
LG33, it says pacers4ever.

:tinfoil:

Edit: He updated it.