PDA

View Full Version : March 2012 NBA trade deadline rumors

Pages : [1] 2 3

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 10:23 AM
We need another thread for rumors in the next two weeks :)

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/28/raptors-have-failure-to-launch-in-houston

CHANDLER WATCH

The Raptors have until Thursday to submit an offer sheet to restricted free agent Wilson Chandler.

Don’t count on that happening even though he met with team management last week.

The Raptors would love to have the versatile swingman who can both defend and score, but don’t have the cap space to submit an offer Denver would not match.

Chandler’s options are to sign with the Nuggets long-term, return overseas to play out the year (this time in Italy, according to his agent) or to sign an offer sheet with another team this week.

The Nuggets aren’t interested in signing Chandler only for the rest of the season, which would turn him into an unrestricted free agent this summer.

According to sources, Toronto has balked at Chandler’s asking price, but has not completely closed the door if he becomes unrestricted and is willing to accept less money.
STANDING PAT?

Teams have been testing their long distance plans with calls to the ACC, but Toronto doesn’t seem eager to bite on a multitude of offers for Calderon and Leandro Barbosa.

Moving Calderon doesn’t make much sense at this point — he has had a fine season and is the only man on the roster capable of being a starting point guard in the NBA. He will be even more valuable in the summer with only a year left on his contract should the team acquire other options by then. Or he could stay put with a bevy of talented young potentially restricted free agent point guards hitting the market in the summer of 2013.
Raptors president/general manager Bryan Colangelo has said in the past that he is interested in extended Barbosa, who will be unrestricted this season.

Colangelo drafted Barbosa while running the Phoenix Suns.

For his part, Barbosa said he pays trade rumours no mind and would be quite happy to stay put.

“I love my teammates, I love the way we work together. If it happens, it’s part of the business, there’s nothing I can do about it,” Barbosa told the Sun.

“I like Toronto, I like the organization, don’t have a problem with anybody. We are young, but we are learning. The team has grown a lot, especially with Dwane Casey coming to the team, he’s really helping us.”

If Barbosa, who recently changed agents, leaves Toronto though, sources say it could be in an extend-and-trade scenario where he would not just be a brief rental player in a new city

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 10:31 AM
http://www.sulia.com/channel/golden-state-warriors/f/2711773d-b362-4121-baee-6b2b60631114/?source=twitter

Marcus Thompson
Also In San Francisco Sports
Talked to a few Warriors sources. They seem miffed at the rumors about Ellis for Brook Lopez. They don't seem to think that would be enough for Ellis. GSW would want more than Lopez

Sparhawk
02-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Someone find me rumors on trading for Nash and Lopez, or Rondo.

*sigh*

At least the rumors are about to sizzle since we are heading into March.

Sparhawk
02-29-2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.sulia.com/channel/golden-state-warriors/f/2711773d-b362-4121-baee-6b2b60631114/?source=twitter

LMAO!! A talented C isn't enough for an undersized guard? The Warriors need a new GM, cause that dude is nuts.

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/29/SPCQ1NDDUD.DTL&feed=rss.warriors

Ellis, Lee and Curry are all hearing their names among trade rumors as the March 15 deadline approaches. The Warriors have been active in talks about Ellis, looking for a star in return or considering deals that would package the scoring dynamo with Andris Biedrins' bad contract.

Warriors sources said there is little to the buzz about dealing Ellis for New Jersey center Brook Lopez. They're still convincing themselves that they're in the running for Orlando center Dwight Howard, who has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't want to play in the Bay Area.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/28/SPCQ1NDDUD.DTL#ixzz1nmlRIYtQ

The Sleeze
02-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Warriors sources said there is little to the buzz about dealing Ellis for New Jersey center Brook Lopez. They're still convincing themselves that they're in the running for Orlando center Dwight Howard, who has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't want to play in the Bay Area.

Maybe the Nets can throw in these key pieces to sweeten the deal:
http://www.puckjunk.com/images/blog/semi-pro_2.jpg + http://www.lg.com/africa_en/home-appliance/images/lg-washing-machine-WD-80264TP-3-4view-large.png

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 10:38 AM
I don't think Pierce gets moved.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/28/video-wojnarowski-talks-boston-big-three-trades/

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo was on NBC’s SportsTalk on Tuesday and one of the questions was about the Celtics — would they really break up the “big three” with a trade? Yes. Yes, they would.

Interestingly, Woj says that Pierce is the most likely to be moved, but we keep hearing there is interest in Rajon Rondo. Either way, don’t be shocked if Boston makes a move.

Sparhawk
02-29-2012, 10:41 AM
I don't think Pierce gets moved.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/28/video-wojnarowski-talks-boston-big-three-trades/

I can see Ray Allen and Rondo getting moved. Not KG or Pierce.

I'd love for the Pacers to get both Allen and Rondo. *drool*

The Sleeze
02-29-2012, 10:42 AM
That would be a s***ty thing to do to Pierce.

"Congratulations on passing a legend and becoming the second highest scoring Celtic of all-time....now pack up your crap and get out."

Lance George
02-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Why wouldn't Boston be willing to break up their team? They're currently a game under .500, and considering how ancient their core is, there's no reason to expect brighter days in the near future.

I'd love to take Rondo from them, and I think it's possible considering all the Rondo trade talk, and the fact that Ainge is likely growing impatient. I'm not that interested in any of Pierce, KG, or Allen, though, unless they come cheap. Too old and decrepit.

I love David Lee's ridiculously underrated game. He's a beast on the glass, a highly efficient third option, and an underrated passer. I also believe he can be a competent defender in an environment that preaches defense, like our current team. Sadly, his contract blows up to the point he's making $30M+ over the final two seasons, making acquiring him unfeasible.

Sparhawk
02-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Why wouldn't Boston be willing to break up their team? They're currently a game under .500, and considering how ancient their core is, there's no reason to expect brighter days in the near future.

I'd love to take Rondo from them, and I think it's possible considering all the Rondo trade talk, and the fact that Ainge is likely growing impatient. I'm not that interested in any of Pierce, KG, or Allen, though, unless they come cheap. Too old and decrepit.

I love David Lee's ridiculously underrated game. He's a beast on the glass, a highly efficient third option, and an underrated passer. I also believe he can be a competent defender in an environment that preaches defense, like our current team. Sadly, his contract blows up to the point he's making $30M+ over the final two seasons, making acquiring him unfeasible.

I'd take Allen, who is averaging 5 3's a game and hitting at a 49% clip. Who wouldn't want that?

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 11:00 AM
They have to be crazy to trade their whole team for a rental.

Zach Lowe ‏ @ZachLowe_SI
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Source familiar with GSW's thinking confirms reports they'd do Dwight deal without assurances of extension or '13 opt-in.

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 11:02 AM

So you love Lee and hate Love and Ellis? :crazy:

xIndyFan
02-29-2012, 11:04 AM

LMAO!! A talented C isn't enough for an undersized guard? The Warriors need a new GM, cause that dude is nuts.

not nuts, just a guy that wants to maximize the trade for his team. nothing wrong with that. it will be interesting to see what happens in GSW. they have lots of irons in the fire as it were. my prediction, nothing much happens now, they won't get the deal they want and will wait until summer.

Lance George
02-29-2012, 11:07 AM
I'd take Allen, who is averaging 5 3's a game and hitting at a 49% clip. Who wouldn't want that?

He's still a useful player, without question. I just wouldn't sacrifice any of our current key long-term pieces to acquire a guy who's five months away from turning 37. That's what I meant by unless they come cheap; they don't cost us any of those players.

xIndyFan
02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
. . . I love David Lee's ridiculously underrated game. He's a beast on the glass, a highly efficient third option, and an underrated passer. I also believe he can be a competent defender in an environment that preaches defense, like our current team. Sadly, his contract blows up to the point he's making $30M+ over the final two seasons, making acquiring him unfeasible.

lots of guys like that around. guys that would make a nice fit on the pacers, but their contracts are just too high.

:laugh: just struck me, GSW has three of those guys in ellis, beidrins and lee. nice guys, nice games, but way overpriced.

CableKC
02-29-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/28/raptors-have-failure-to-launch-in-houston

If Barbosa, who recently changed agents, leaves Toronto though, sources say it could be in an extend-and-trade scenario where he would not just be a brief rental player in a new city
I would not want Barbosa if he wasn't a rental.

CableKC
02-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Marcus Thompson
Also In San Francisco Sports
Talked to a few Warriors sources. They seem miffed at the rumors about Ellis for Brook Lopez. They don't seem to think that would be enough for Ellis. GSW would want more than Lopez
Geez....at most...I can see justification for a swap....but asking for more when it comes to trading an elite scorer for a legit Starting Center?

Hibbert
02-29-2012, 11:18 AM
lots of guys like that around. guys that would make a nice fit on the pacers, but their contracts are just too high.

:laugh: just struck me, GSW has three of those guys in ellis, beidrins and lee. nice guys, nice games, but way overpriced.

What about Chuck Hayes? What would it take to get him from the Kings? Not sure what his new deal looks like though but always appreciated his game.

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 11:21 AM
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/53607853-62/jazz-trade-utah-deadline.html.csp

Utah also doesn't feel pressure to move starting big men Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap to make room for young power forward Derrick Favors and center Enes Kanter in the near future.

The Jazz are still evaluating a team that has 10 contests remaining before the trade deadline, including tough home matchups against Miami and Houston, and a five-game road trip featuring contests at Dallas, Philadelphia and Chicago. Utah has lost eight of 10 and is just 6-13 since starting 9-4. However, the Jazz are only five games behind the fourth-place Mavericks in a stacked Western Conference, and Utah has not become a seller yet.

The Jazz remain open to moving starting point guard Devin Harris, league sources said, and reserve small forward C.J. Miles could be made available in the right situation. But Utah continues to take a long-term approach in building its team after the Deron Williams trade last February, and the Jazz won't make a move simply to pull the trigger.

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 11:42 AM
MckeyFan is ready to cry. ;)

http://www.hawks101.com/2012/02/28/atlanta-hawks-find-themselves-in-middle-of-trade-rumors-again/

The NBA trade deadline is March*15*and teams*are looking to*either*improve*their chances in the playoffs or dump money to*pick up a free agent in the off season.**With*most of the focus*around the NBA*on Dwight*Howard, Pau Gasol and lately*even Ray*Allen many*teams*could*make a move*that they hope will push them in a*positive direction.**Once again the*rumor*mill has Atlanta*making a move before the*clock on the deadline*strikes midnight.**
Rumor has it that*the Atlanta Hawks*are in talks with the*Los Angeles Lakers (before*you get your*hopes up,*we're not getting*Bynum or Gasol).**The*deal is for the*Hawks to send*back up*point guard Kirk Hinrich to*L.A. for*their young*guard*Darius Morris and*a first round pick (either their own or the one that the Lakers acquired from Dallas in*the Lamar Odom deal).*

I*know that*you're*thinking that**this isn't*that big of a deal, but*it may be bigger for*both teams than*you think.**If this deal does indeed take place the Lakers would get a much needed point*guard.**Hinrich*can shoot, defend and*is a good passer. He may not be Chris Paul but he may be enough to*the Lakers that*they may*get into the second round of the playoffs and if you get*Kobe deep into the playoffs anything*can happen*(yes,*we*know*that this isn't*the young*Kobe).**

For Atlanta, this trade could*send some old energy*back*to the Hawks. Before*Kirk*Hinrich came back from injury*the Hawks appeared to*have a*good*thing*going.**There were some good victories*and everyone seemed*to*mesh well together.**After the return of Hinrich, no one*seemed to understand their*role,*players were*rumored to*be upset*with minutes and those woes*seemed*to*make the Hawks*play uninspired while*going on long*losing stretches.**

The draft pick that*would be acquired from*Los Angeles*could be used to*get*younger*and*deeper*for*the future*when you combine it with the pick that Atlanta will*have of their own.**The Hawks could take those two*probable late*round*picks*and*package them to*get*one*good pick*closer to the lottery and acquire someone*that*could*make an immediate impact.

As for Darius Morris, he*may*serve as a*decent back up*guard in time, but he's probably just*a piece to make the deal work.

wintermute
What about Chuck Hayes? What would it take to get him from the Kings? Not sure what his new deal looks like though but always appreciated his game.

Ha, I wanted to get him during FA.

Anyway, he's injured right now. Even if he's not, I don't think the Kings are eager to dump him right away - though it's true that he's played poorly so far.

Lance George
So you love Lee and hate Love and Ellis? :crazy:

I don't hate Love. He's a very productive player, and he can help a team win. My diatribe was against those people who are highly selective when it comes to whether a player's lack of team success is a knock against them.

Al Jefferson, Monta Ellis, David Lee, Zach Randolph (prior to last season), etc. = "No thanks, they're all losers with empty stats!"

Kevin Love = "It's not his fault! Gosh!"

I stressed the fact that Kevin Love was (is) one of the league's biggest losers to make my point as clear as possible.

As for Ellis, I've been torn on him for a long time now. On one hand, he's made in the same mold as Derrick Rose and puts up big numbers. On the other, he's a poor man's Derrick Rose, which may not be that good of a thing.

The shot-happy comboguard is o.k. when they're efficient and get their teammates involved, as Rose is and does, but not so much when they're not and don't. It all depends on whether or not we could get Ellis to take smarter shots and pass more to the point where his play is a positive, and not the negative he's been for the Warriors.

xIndyFan

he's owed $17M over the next 3 years. ok money, a little high IMO. nice game. too short. not the guy i want to spend that much cap space on, but it's ok if someone else does. i see him as a backup and would rather spend the cap space on starters.

ksuttonjr76
02-29-2012, 01:10 PM
The only trade that I'm interested in seeing is a move that gets Rajon Rondo to Indiana while still keeping George/Granger/Hibbert. I truely believe that's the only trade that's within Indiana's reach and both teams have something to gain.

Indiana - Upgrade at PG
Boston - Two young, solid players (DC/Hansbrough)

If they push hard enough, I would throw in some picks too.

OlBlu
02-29-2012, 01:11 PM
The only trade that I'm interested in seeing is a move that gets Rajon Rondo to Indiana while still keeping George/Granger/Hibbert. I truely believe that's the only trade that's within Indiana's reach and both teams have something to gain.

Indiana - Upgrade at PG
Boston - Two young, solid players (DC/Hansbrough)

If they push hard enough, I would throw in some picks too.

There is no group of players, including Hibbert, Granger and George Boston would consider for Rondo.... They will want a star for him and we don't have one. :cool:

ksuttonjr76
02-29-2012, 01:23 PM
There is no group of players, including Hibbert, Granger and George Boston would consider for Rondo.... They will want a star for him and we don't have one. :cool:

I don't believe that. If we were to offer Paul George and Roy Hibbert, they would be fools to not take that deal. Also, let's be realistic. They may want a star for Rondo, but they're not going to get one given his contract unless they do a player for player swap (Rondo for G*y). Boston will have money to spend next season and will probably want to go younger after this season. Right now, they're too high in the standings to rely on this year's draft. DC and Hansbrough would be a good "getting younger" start for them.

OlBlu
02-29-2012, 01:26 PM
I don't believe that. If we were to offer Paul George and Roy Hibbert, they would be fools to not take that deal. Also, let's be realistic. They may want a star for Rondo, but they're not going to get one given his contract unless they do a player for player swap (Rondo for G*y). Boston will have money to spend next season and will probably want to go younger after this season. Right now, they're too high in the standings to rely on this year's draft. DC and Hansbrough would be a good "getting younger" start for them.

I don't care what you believe or do not believe. There is no offer that would get Rondo to Indiana and he would not want to be here. I don't think he will go anywhere and they will build around him. I also expect them to make the playoffs and be dangerous. That team was doomed to go downhill when the traded Perkins for nothing.....:cool:

ksuttonjr76
02-29-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't care what you believe or do not believe. There is no offer that would get Rondo to Indiana and he would not want to be here. I don't think he will go anywhere and they will build around him. I also expect them to make the playoffs and be dangerous. That team was doomed to go downhill when the traded Perkins for nothing.....:cool:

I don't care what you think or don't think. Rondo has been in trade rumors for a while, and he's not the type of player that you build around. Dangerous in the Playoffs?:laugh: Boston is going to be a first round exit, because they're not going to beat Chicago or Miami.

OlBlu
02-29-2012, 01:36 PM
I don't care what you think or don't think. Rondo has been in trade rumors for a while, and he's not the type of player that you build around. Dangerous in the Playoffs?:laugh: Boston is going to be a first round exit, because they're not going to beat Chicago or Miami.

None of that is clear to me. What is clear is that the Pacers have absolutely no hope of trading for him. I am aware that he has been in trade rumors. So have KG, Pierce and Allen.... we don't have a chance of getting any of them either.....:cool:

Lance George
02-29-2012, 01:39 PM
None of that is clear to me. What is clear is that the Pacers have absolutely no hope of trading for him. I am aware that he has been in trade rumors. So have KG, Pierce and Allen.... we don't have a chance of getting any of them either.....:cool:

Those latter three players are almost as old as you, so I doubt many of us want them.

ksuttonjr76
02-29-2012, 01:42 PM

Meh...didn't have an interest in KG or Pierce anyways. We could sign Ray Allen during the offseason, so technically we would have a chance.

OlBlu
02-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Those latter three players are almost as old as you, so I doubt many of us want them.

Now that is funny. I still got game :cool:

immortality
02-29-2012, 01:54 PM
For those wanting Rondo, do you think the Pacers could handle his ego and moodiness?

I was shocked to see Rajon Rondo at No. 17 (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7094756/nba-player-rankings-16-20) in #NBA Rank and recently irked by his presence in the All-Star game. I am what you might call a "Rondo hater," insofar as that term means believing an athlete to be worse than consensus. Obviously, Rajon is good, obviously he can help a squad. This is simply a matter of, "Should he really have made three All-Star teams?," the way even Nash admirers question Steve's two MVPs.

This touches on a broader issue, one of what we expect from our point guards. The position has a certain cachet in the league. It means more to the average observer than say, power forward. A point guard is a team's "quarterback," its "engine," that drink-stirring straw. The point guard does not play on a squad so much as he animates it, infusing four others with his giving spirit. Or so the legend goes.

There is a platonic ideal for the point guard position, and that is to be an unselfish distributor. Rajon Rondo passes that test, no pun intended. The man is second in assists this year (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3026/rajon-rondo), and he notched a whopping 11.2 per game last year. For this reason, Rondo is considered a "pure point guard," the way other role-fitting stars might be considered "pure scorers." That he embodies an archetype might help explain how Rondo received a No. 17 #NBARank after a season in which he garnered a No. 69 PER (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/page/2/year/2011).

But Rondo does not fit my platonic ideal for a point guard, because Boston's offense, to put it mildly, stinks. They are 23rd ranked in offensive efficiency this year (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/37733/%3Ca%20class=%22twitter-follow-button%22%20href=%22https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss%22%3EFollow%20@SherwoodStrauss%3C/a%3E%20%3Cscript%20src=), and this season is not exactly aberrational. In five-plus years with Rajon, the Celtics have only had a top 10 offense once. There are external factors to explain the anemic attack, but Rondo might be somewhat to blame despite his respectable PER.

To quote Bill Simmons on the matter (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7562176/the-sports-guy-nba-all-star-team): "Any smart team (like the Lakers last night) plays six feet off Rondo in tight games, daring him to shoot, paralyzing Boston's offense and leading to the dreaded "Clogged Toilet" play (Pierce ending up with the ball 25 feet from the hoop with seven seconds left trying to create something)." So he racks up assists, and certainly contributes. But Rajon's shooting woes might prevent him from running the kind of humming offense that Nash puppeteers.

Boston's defense was paramount during Rondo's reign, and the ball-hawking sprite deserves credit for his role. The issue is that point guard--as a position--might be less important defensively (http://hoopspeak.com/2011/02/does-point-guard-defense-matter/) than those frontcourt spots. Recall how KG's arrival brought with it a renaissance of stringiness. While it is important for every man to play his defensive role, defense relies on occupying space, and the largest players are often the best space takers. This might have something to do with why Gary Payton was the last point guard to win Defensive Player of the Year, way back in 1996.

So this is a question of what you think a point guard's role is. Is it to get assists? Is it to run an efficient offense? Inject the question of whether defense is really 'half the game' for an offense-oriented position, and you have perhaps the NBA's hardest player to gauge.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/37733/rajon-the-overrated

Sparhawk
02-29-2012, 03:08 PM
For those wanting Rondo, do you think the Pacers could handle his ego and moodiness?

I sorta agree with the article saying that the point position is less important defensively to other positions, but imagine Rondo and PG on the wings. Guards would have a hard time driving. They would cause all kinda of havoc, defensively. Even if opposing guards play off of him, couldn't you just run a ton of pick and rolls/picks if they do that? Seems that should help solve that issue.

I don't care if he can't shoot, I still think he'd make this team a contender.

Stuckey7370
02-29-2012, 03:18 PM
This is from ESPN Rumors

From Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area New Group: "Warriors still hold interest in Danny Granger, though Indiana won't trade him."

From reports, it's sounding like the Warriors are looking to be aggressive heading into the deadline, as they're still holding out hope they can get into the Dwight Howard sweepstakes.

But with Granger and Howard likely not coming to the Bay Area, the Warriors may have to get creative or engage with other teams if they're set on mixing up their roster.

And what it might take is Golden State convincing another team to take on Monta Ellis despite his shortcomings.

-- Ryan Corazza

90'sNBARocked
02-29-2012, 03:19 PM
http://www.sulia.com/channel/golden-state-warriors/f/e2fed71b-2a48-4dcc-bff4-532bd3b80c21/?source=twitter

Marcus Thompson

Warriors still hold interest in Danny Granger, though Indiana won't trade him. But if you think about it, what's the better tandem: Paul George/Granger or Paul George/Monta? Perhaps the better question is what's the better trio: Collison/George/Granger or Collison/Ellis/George? ... I'd have to go with the former

Sparhawk
02-29-2012, 03:24 PM
http://www.sulia.com/channel/golden-state-warriors/f/e2fed71b-2a48-4dcc-bff4-532bd3b80c21/?source=twitter

Marcus Thompson

I agree. If Monta could play point, I'd be somewhat interested. I don't know if he could. Our defense would suffer if the Pacers went with DC + Monta as our starting guards.

:puke:

PacerPride33
02-29-2012, 03:24 PM
I agree that DC/Hans would be a good start for Boston who is going to be in Re-Build mode. You get 2 young players who are good starters in the league + draft picks makes the deal more enticing for Rondo. If you were danny ainge, who are you expecting to get for rondo?

ksuttonjr76
02-29-2012, 03:26 PM

As long as he's not Ron Artest or Dennis Rodman type moody, then I really don't care. To me, he just comes off as more vocal than most players which could be a good or bad thing.

As for his shooting,
http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#Rajon-Rondo|200765;year=201112;season=r

Currently, Rondo is sticking the mid-range jumper at 43%. I can LIVE with that type of shooting. I'm not so much concern about his 3PT shooting, because we can easily setup Granger and George. If we REALLY need a 3PT threat from the PG spot, then we can have George Hill close out the game.

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Yeah DC/Monta? Meh, I rather do Hill/Monta, that might work.

OlBlu
02-29-2012, 03:33 PM
I agree that DC/Hans would be a good start for Boston who is going to be in Re-Build mode. You get 2 young players who are good starters in the league + draft picks makes the deal more enticing for Rondo. If you were danny ainge, who are you expecting to get for rondo?

Hans is not even a starter on the Pacers.....:cool:

Derek2k3
02-29-2012, 03:43 PM
It's likely that Collison+PG+picks would get Rondo to Indiana. PG has a higher ceiling than Rondo, and DC is a decent guard, better than Avery Bradley.

I hope and pray that Rondo is never even thought of as an option to come to Indiana. Keep that out of control kid in Boston.

BrownBearCoffee
02-29-2012, 03:44 PM

True, but I don't think that is the point. Not saying Boston would do this trade, but they need to get younger. This would be--theoretically--turning one player into 3 young pieces. DC is a starting PG, who is young, and Hans is a 6th man energy guy, who is also young. They both also have decent to good upside. If they also got a pick in the deal, that would represent another young piece out of a decent draft class. Pair this trade with moving one or two of the big 3, and Boston has a nice rebuilding effort started mid-season.

Anthem
02-29-2012, 03:50 PM
I agree. If Monta could play point, I'd be somewhat interested.
So would his current team, who doesn't believe that he can.

ksuttonjr76
02-29-2012, 03:50 PM

Because we have David West, duh.

BrownBearCoffee
02-29-2012, 03:57 PM

I'm just not interested in Monta Ellis, whether he can play point or not. Yes, he can pull off unbelievable shots, but I'm not sure how much that helps if you are shooting 40% in a particular game. Does Granger do the same thing? Yes, he does. However, Danny is turning into more of a spot-up shooter whereas Monta has to have the ball in his hands. I don't despise Monta Ellis. I just don't like him for this particular team.

Sparhawk
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm just not interested in Monta Ellis, whether he can play point or not. Yes, he can pull off unbelievable shots, but I'm not sure how much that helps if you are shooting 40% in a particular game. Does Granger do the same thing? Yes, he does. However, Danny is turning into more of a spot-up shooter whereas Monta has to have the ball in his hands. I don't despise Monta Ellis. I just don't like him for this particular team.

Danny is a better defender and has been playing much better defense than in the past few years.

yoadknux
02-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Because we have David West, duh.
Yes, and why did we get David West? Because Tyler is not a good starter.

Rondo isn't available for Collison and Hansbrough. If we add 2 first round picks and get other teams involved and maybe take on a bad contract too, then these pieces might be enough to get Rondo (and I tried many of these ideas)
The only upgrade PG that might be available for a package of Collison, Hansbrough would be Nash, but we obviously won't do this deal unless we get him extended for at least another year.

BrownBearCoffee
02-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Danny is a better defender and has been playing much better defense than in the past few years.

I absolutely agree. I just didn't feel the need to include that; I just wanted to comment on their offensive repertoire. Let me put it this way: during any given game, if either player can't hit the broad side of a barn, Monta becomes a liability and Danny doesn't necessarily. He can still be a strength, even when ice-cold.

Justin Tyme
02-29-2012, 04:01 PM

LOL!! Granger, Hibbert, and Paul George wouldn't be good enough for Rondo! Cough cough. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That 3/5 of a starting team who holds the #3 spot in the East. Wow, unbelieveable.

I've got to quit reading the tripe you constantly spew forth! You have to make this type of posts on purpose just to irritate others and to garner a response, b/c you surely can't be this lacking in knowledge. Done playing your game, good-bye.

OlBlu
02-29-2012, 04:03 PM
LOL!! Granger, Hibbert, and Paul George wouldn't be good enough for Rondo! Cough cough. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That 3/5 of a starting team who holds the #3 spot in the East. Wow, unbelieveable.

I've got to quit reading the tripe you constantly spew forth! You have to make this type of posts on purpose just to irritate others and to garner a response, b/c you surely can't be this lacking in knowledge. Done playing your game, good-bye.

The Celtics want a star for Rondo not a group of journeymen players. So have them offer all of that for Rondo. The Celtics will not accept it.... :cool:

BrownBearCoffee
02-29-2012, 04:05 PM
The Celtics want a star for Rondo not a group of journeymen players. So have them offer all of that for Rondo. The Celtics will not accept it.... :cool:

Though I am certain this is all for effect, I will respond to this, but only this: I GUARANTEE they would accept that offer 100 times out of 100. It makes you rich in young players with high potential and/or trade assets.

JBones19
02-29-2012, 04:09 PM

And by "journeymen" you mean a former, current, and possible future All-Star? Well put me in the camp of wanting an entire team of "Journeymen" then OlBlu!

I know you get your rocks off by trying to ruffle feathers on a message board, but c'mon man, you've only been on here a couple months and you are losing your trolling moxy already.

BringJackBack
02-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Joke...

OlBlu
02-29-2012, 04:17 PM
And by "journeymen" you mean a former, current, and possible future All-Star? Well put me in the camp of wanting an entire team of "Journeymen" then OlBlu!

I know you get your rocks off by trying to ruffle feathers on a message board, but c'mon man, you've only been on here a couple months and you are losing your trolling moxy already.

I am not trolling and those aren't stars. Yes two of them made ONE all star team. The Celtics will never make that kind of trade for Rondo. They might do it for Allen. They might do it for KG and they might even do it with Pierce but not Rondo. That guy is a manytime all star. Do you not think teams have made substantial offers for Rondo? None have been accepted. Why? Because no real NBA star was offered. :cool:

Hypnotiq
02-29-2012, 04:18 PM
I am not trolling and those aren't stars. Yes two of them made ONE all star team. The Celtics will never make that kind of trade for Rondo. They might do it for Allen. They might do it for KG and they might even do it with Pierce but not Rondo. That guy is a manytime all star. Do you not think teams have made substantial offers for Rondo? None have been accepted. Why? Because no real NBA star was offered. :cool:

wow. :o

xIndyFan
02-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah DC/Monta? Meh, I rather do Hill/Monta, that might work.

it might work up until the point that another team started pressing. then not so much. look for lots of 8 second calls and last second on the shot clock shots. neither of these guys has an NBA PG handle.

ksuttonjr76
02-29-2012, 04:42 PM

Wow. Congratulations, you're my first person to be added to my ignore list.

PaceBalls
02-29-2012, 04:43 PM
That would be a s***ty thing to do to Pierce.

"Congratulations on passing a legend and becoming the second highest scoring Celtic of all-time....now pack up your crap and get out."

Thing is though, Danny Ainge is like a Honey Badger, and he doesn't give a **** about Paul Pierce's legacy. He would have traded Larry Bird if he thought it would make their team better.

OlBlu
02-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Wow. Congratulations, you're my first person to be added to my ignore list.

I have no problem with that for all intents and purposes, you were already on mine. I just get tired of reading about infantile trades that usually mean we trade our crap for good players and our good players for superstars....... That is what I was trying to point out. There is no way to land Rondo here without tearing up the entire team. Now, I would do that for Dwight Howard but he won't want to come to Indiana. We will have a hard enough time keeping our own "good" players when the time comes to extend them. Granger won't go anywhere because no one else will pay him what Indiana will. Hibbert might be another matter.......:cool:

ksuttonjr76
02-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Yes, and why did we get David West? Because Tyler is not a good starter.

Rondo isn't available for Collison and Hansbrough. If we add 2 first round picks and get other teams involved and maybe take on a bad contract too, then these pieces might be enough to get Rondo (and I tried many of these ideas)
The only upgrade PG that might be available for a package of Collison, Hansbrough would be Nash, but we obviously won't do this deal unless we get him extended for at least another year.

They can have our first round picks. It's not like they're going to do us any good. As for taking on a bad contract....

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm

Bring them on.

Ace E.Anderson
02-29-2012, 04:54 PM
I have no problem with that for all intents and purposes, you were already on mine. I just get tired of reading about infantile trades that usually mean we trade our crap for good players and our good players for superstars....... That is what I was trying to point out. There is no way to land Rondo here without tearing up the entire team. Now, I would do that for Dwight Howard but he won't want to come to Indiana. We will have a hard enough time keeping our own "good" players when the time comes to extend them. Granger won't go anywhere because no one else will pay him what Indiana will. Hibbert might be another matter.......:cool:

Though not to the same extent, I somewhat agree. A lot of the trade proposals that we throw around are often heavy in our favor. Do I think we would be able to obtain Rondo for some combo of Roy, PG, DG, and draft picks? ABSOLUTELY. Would I want to do so? Not at all.

BUT..If we want a serious upgrade at the point guard position, (or any position for that matter) we are going to HAVE to trade someone from our core to make it happen. Good players are very rarely just given away.

If Larry Bird has his eye on a really good player that he wants to add to our core, he is going to have to give up someone from our current core in order to get them. (Unless we are talking about a move for a salary dump I.E. Kaman, Morrow, etc)

OlBlu
02-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Though not to the same extent, I somewhat agree. A lot of the trade proposals that we throw around are often heavy in our favor. Do I think we would be able to obtain Rondo for some combo of Roy, PG, DG, and draft picks? ABSOLUTELY. Would I want to do so? Not at all.

BUT..If we want a serious upgrade at the point guard position, (or any position for that matter) we are going to HAVE to trade someone from our core to make it happen. Good players are very rarely just given away.

If Larry Bird has his eye on a really good player that he wants to add to our core, he is going to have to give up someone from our current core in order to get them. (Unless we are talking about a move for a salary dump I.E. Kaman, Morrow, etc)

I agree with you. I would expect that Granger would be the bait for something really good. He is our most tradeable player. So, if you can get a good PG for Granger and DC, I would be all for it. But that won't be D. Williams or Rondo. :cool:

CableKC
02-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Enough of this Granger/Monta debate....it's pointless as to who is better much less whether Bird would entertain the idea about swapping them.

I hope that as we get closer to the trade deadline that the rumors really start heating up. I'm bored and am praying that Teams are calling up Bird to see what can be done.

OlBlu
02-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Enough of this Granger/Monta debate....it's pointless as to who is better much less whether Bird would entertain the idea about swapping them.

I hope that as we get closer to the trade deadline that the rumors really start heating up. I'm bored and am praying that Teams are calling up Bird to see what can be done.

I find it astounding that people would trade Granger for Monta but would not trade him for Melo.......:cool:

Mackey_Rose
02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
If Monta could play point, I'd be somewhat interested.

Not necessarily true. If they didn't already have Curry, that would make sense.

They already have one of the better point guards in the league. There is no reason for them to force him into the point guard position.

CJ Jones
02-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Monta played PG last night.

Anthem
02-29-2012, 05:33 PM
I can't believe people are still responding to the dude. I put him on ignore his first week here. Follow my example.

Starve out the trolls.

yoadknux
02-29-2012, 05:36 PM
And it clearly didn't work ;)

They can have our first round picks. It's not like they're going to do us any good. As for taking on a bad contract....

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm

Bring them on.
Boston have no really bad contracts. And like I said, more teams would need to get involved.
A while ago I suggested to get Phoenix involved - Childress & Rondo to Indiana, Nash and Gortat to Boston, 2 future 1st round picks & Hansbrough+Collison to Phoenix. But the Suns overvalue Gortat, so...

Anthem
02-29-2012, 05:37 PM
For 4 minutes, sure.

Not necessarily true. If they didn't already have Curry, that would make sense.

They already have one of the better point guards in the league. There is no reason for them to force him into the point guard position.
But said point guard wasn't in the game last night, and so they started their 2nd-round pick.

If Monta could play the point, a Monta/Rush backcourt would have made a LOT more sense than what they did instead.

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 06:11 PM
For 4 minutes, sure.

But said point guard wasn't in the game last night, and so they started their 2nd-round pick.

If Monta could play the point, a Monta/Rush backcourt would have made a LOT more sense than what they did instead.

That's the problem, Mark Jackson is not that smart, I'm telling you he is as bad as JOB.

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Crazy that nobody wants to take on this guy for a pick.

Chris Broussard ‏ @Chris_Broussard
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Twolves offered Beasley to Lakers for LA's best 1st round pick 2012. LA said No b/c it doesn't want to pay the added luxury tax, source says

CJ Jones
02-29-2012, 06:21 PM

True... but any pg struggles against Paul George. I'd like to see Collison try to guard him. :p

Anthem
02-29-2012, 06:22 PM
That's the problem, Mark Jackson is not that smart, I'm telling you he is as bad as JOB.
Dude, he's Mark Jackson. Entitlement issues, maybe, but he's no dummy.

I think it's more likely that Mark is trying to prevent the convulsions he'd get watching Monta get significant time at PG. I'd imagine Jax would have definite opinions on the way point guards should point.

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Dude, he's Mark Jackson. Entitlement issues, maybe, but he's no dummy.

I think it's more likely that Mark is trying to prevent the convulsions he'd get watching Monta get significant time at PG. I'd imagine Jax would have definite opinions on the way point guards should point.

That's the thing, Monta played PG in the beggining of the season when Curry was hurt(again) and he did fine, now yesterday Mark decided to start some guy that haven't play that much this year for some reason, I've seen Mark making some stupid moves all year, yeah he is not dummy, neither JOB but they are just bad coaches.

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 06:40 PM
http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/02/29/dwight-howard-warriors/?sct=nba_t11_a1

Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com reported it on Tuesday, and a source familiar with Golden State’s thinking confirmed it on Wednesday with SI.com: The Warriors, on pace to make the lottery again, are willing to trade for Magic center Dwight Howard without assurances that he would sign an extension or even opt in for just the 2012-13 season, the last year of his contract.

SI.com’s Sam Amick reported over All-Star weekend that Howard still prefers the Nets, who could have max-level cap room even if Deron Williams exercises his player option for next season. The Warriors will not have max-level cap room, in part because they already used their amnesty provision on Charlie Bell’s $4 million deal for this season. Had the Warriors saved amnesty for Andris Biedrins’ $9 million 2012-13 salary, they could have had enough space (barely) to offer Howard a maximum contract this summer.

Of course, such cap space wouldn’t matter if Howard really doesn’t want to head to one of the NBA’s biggest markets and play before one of the league’s loudest fan bases. The Warriors have never been on Howard’s short list, but there is no way of knowing for sure whether he’d really bolt after a few months of living in the Bay Area, being the undisputed top option, possibly playing with Monta Ellis (whom Howard has publicly praised), working under first-year coach Mark Jackson (and minority owner Peter Guber, a movie producer) and seeing exactly what the franchise has to offer.

This is an interesting calculated risk by the Warriors in a lot of ways. I suspect the final risk/reward result favors this kind of bold move, mostly because it’s clear now that this Warriors nucleus is not a contender and won’t morph into one without outside help.

Unfortunately, building a deal without the assistance of a third team would be difficult because the Magic will surely want to unload at least one bad contract (Hedo Turkoglu’s) along with Howard, and the Warriors lack the cap space or salary-matching assets to make that happen. The Magic would be wise to steer clear of David Lee’s contract ($57.1 million in the next four seasons after this one) as a salary-matching tool in a trade that would include Ellis or Stephen Curry, one of whom would be the centerpiece of any Golden State offer. And Biedrins’ deal ($18 million over the next two seasons after this one) is just as toxic as Turkoglu’s. But you can build three- and four-team trades, and the Warriors are right to try.

As we noted on Tuesday, any team that deals for Howard before the March 15 trade deadline can offer him about $10 million more in combined salary over the next six years than a team that signs him as a free agent. It’s worth it for the Warriors to gamble that $10 million plus all the nice things about the franchise and Bay Area might be enough to entice Howard — especially when you’re in the netherworld of NBA mediocrity, as Golden State is now.

Jackson came to Golden State vowing to make the playoffs and improve the team’s defense. But the only improvement so far has actually come on offense, where Jackson has the Warriors playing at a slower pace and scoring more efficiently. Golden State ranks sixth in points per possession, up from 11th last season, mostly because it is shooting more three-pointers (as a percentage of total shot attempts), getting to the free-throw line a hair more often and assisting on a higher percentage of its baskets. Ellis has never shared more, rookie Klay Thompson and Brandon Rush (who is shooting a league-leading 52 percent from deep) have helped space the floor and Lee improves just a little offensively each season.

Defensively? The Warriors stink, in the same ways in which this group has always languished. They’re 27th in points allowed per possession after finishing 26th last season. They’re 28th in defensive rebounding rate after finishing last in 2010-11. Only one team sends opponents to the foul line more often; only one team did so last season. This team just can’t defend or clean the glass.

While it’s tempting to suggest more playing time for Ekpe Udoh and his monstrous plus/minus numbers, it’s hard to believe that the second-year big man alone would improve the Warriors enough defensively to change the long-term outlook. For one, Udoh has been a limited offensive player with unreliable range outside the paint. He is shooting 41.5 percent, hasn’t shown much as a pick-and-roll threat and barely gets to the line. It’s hard to play guys like that 36 minutes per night over the long haul. Udoh is almost 25, so it’s unclear how much more there is here. And as good as he is against the pick-and-roll and as a roving defender, he hasn’t been much of a rebounder, and lineups that feature the Lee/Udoh front-line combination have been wildly inconsistent defensively.

One note on that defense: It’s been popular among Golden State fans to hold up the team’s 2-6 record in games decided by three points or fewer as evidence that with better luck, this club could be in the playoff race. Perhaps. But dig into the clutch numbers at NBA.com, and you’ll find that Golden State has suffered in the clutch because it is surrendering points — and especially free throws — at a ridiculous rate. The Warriors have allowed 118 points per 100 possessions during the last five minutes of close games (which have a scoring margin of five or fewer points in that time range), according to NBA.com. Only Phoenix and Milwaukee have been worse. Golden State’s offense has actually produced at an above-average rate in crunch time.

The numbers get worse if you isolate games in which the Warriors trail or are tied in the final minutes, stretches in which they have surrendered foul shots at such a high rate as to basically break NBA.com’s stats database. When the unit that fails you for the first 45 minutes of a game also fails you in the last three, is it really bad luck?

Howard is the best defensive player in the league and perhaps the second-best player in the NBA overall. He is a franchise-changing force, and breaking up a franchise in this condition to get him is not an enormously risky move.

The Magic will obviously start off by asking for either Curry or Ellis if these trade discussions ever happen. This is where it gets tricky for Golden State. Again, dealing one of these players for Howard only to see Howard leave this summer would hurt, but it would not be a fatal blow considering the overall state of the franchise. The risk comes in deciding which guard to give up.

Six months ago, the easy answer would have been Ellis. He’s 2˝ years older than Curry with a long track record of questionable shot selection, below-average three-point shooting and fundamentally unsound defense. But the 26-year-old Ellis has shown a bit of adaptability on offense this season and he’s been a monster in the clutch. Meanwhile, Curry has sprained his surgically repaired right ankle three times after several other sprains last season. He recently sprained a ligament in his right foot. The injuries have reached a point where you can imagine the nightmare scenario of keeping Curry over Ellis only to discover you have chosen a player who will never be fully healthy.

Curry’s health concerns could turn off the Magic, who might justifiably prefer whatever package New Jersey could offer over Ellis (owed $22 million over the two seasons after this one), Udoh and other potential assets in a theoretical deal that sends Howard to Golden State. If the Magic do prefer Curry, his low salary ($3.1 million) makes the salary-matching gymnastics that much harder.

All of which is to say: It would be very, very difficult for the Warriors to pull this off. But it’s worth a try

Pacer Fan
02-29-2012, 06:52 PM
I will say that Ellis played really bad last night. He was trying to carry his team against a very good defense and it didn't work out for him. I know that if he was under the right situation that he could be a pg. I think he would excel in a Pacers uniform because of the structure and vets we have. I know he can play controlled cause he did when their team had really good talent on it. When they had Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington and when Biedrins actually was pretty good. They made a really good playoff run with that group.

But no way would I give up any of our starters except DC for him. I really don't think he is worth that much with his price tag he carries and that is why he is still in Warrior nation.

I think DC, a 1st and 2nd is plenty for him. He is like Kevin Martin and you wouldn't give no more then that for him. However they don't need DC. So maybe a 3rd team out there that could use DC and has a player that GS could use.

Martin, Ellis, Iggy and Danny are all in the same group talent wise and salary, except Iggy and Danny has evolved with their teams and now they have become to valuable to be traded at the same value as Martin and Ellis. Pacers and 76ers have to much to lose now.

RLeWorm
02-29-2012, 06:54 PM
how is Rose able to play the pg when he is usually scoring the ball? i thought pg's are suppose to be the "passer". Thats what i don't get, I think Monta would do fine at point. Why would u rather have him guarding bigger guys at the 2 when u know his defense is already weak? If DC can start at a pg for this team, then Monta can too

RLeWorm
02-29-2012, 06:56 PM
imagine us having Ellis, and make Rose actually work on D. Their match up earlier in the year was fun to watch.

Pacer Fan
02-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Yea, Warriors and Magic isn't gonna happen.

granger4mvp
02-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Man wish we had some rumours out their about us

ilive4sports
02-29-2012, 07:07 PM
how is Rose able to play the pg when he is usually scoring the ball? i thought pg's are suppose to be the "passer". Thats what i don't get, I think Monta would do fine at point. Why would u rather have him guarding bigger guys at the 2 when u know his defense is already weak? If DC can start at a pg for this team, then Monta can too

If you can't see the difference between Rose and Monta, I'm sorry. Rose is in the top 10 in APG. He is also the leading assist man on the team that averages the most assists in the league. He runs the Bulls offense very well.

imagine us having Ellis, and make Rose actually work on D. Their match up earlier in the year was fun to watch.
DC didn't do too bad against Chicago last year in the playoffs before he got hurt or in the match up this season.

RLeWorm
02-29-2012, 07:10 PM
If you can't see the difference between Rose and Monta, I'm sorry. Rose is in the top 10 in APG. He is also the leading assist man on the team that averages the most assists in the league. He runs the Bulls offense very well.

DC didn't do too bad against Chicago last year in the playoffs before he got hurt or in the match up this season.

still think he is our biggest weakness

Pacer Fan
02-29-2012, 07:14 PM

Biggest weakness in the starting unit, yes.
Biggest weakness as a successful team, no.
Biggest weakness is a quality backup center.

ilive4sports
02-29-2012, 07:18 PM

i don't disagree, but I think that says a lot more about how good this team is than anything else. We have 3 guys who have played in All-Star games and another who will be an all star in just a matter of time.

Lance George
02-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Rumor: Celtics "Aggressively" Shopping Rajon Rondo - CelticsBlog (http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/2/29/2834194/rumor-celtics-aggressively-shopping-rajon-rondo)

Here's the latest "Rajon Rondo (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/4352/rajon-rondo) is being shopped" rumor. More updates as they become available.

Boston Celtics Blog - ESPN Boston (http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/)
Boston is aggressively shopping Rondo, according to sources. The Celtics (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/boston-celtics) find Rondo's personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/99579/doc-rivers) continue. With the Celtics having realized they are no longer title contenders, they don't believe the payoff is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say. And they do not want to build around him. In December, the Celtics had discussions with Golden State about a Stephen Curry-for-Rondo deal, and one source says it was Golden State that decided against pulling the trigger. But Curry's recent ankle injuries, which have caused him several problems in his short career, have given the Celtics pause. The potential trade is still being discussed by Boston's braintrust, but they aren't sure they want to go forward with it. It also isn't clear whether the Warriors (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/golden-state-warriors) would be willing to do it. Other players would have to be thrown in to make it work financially.
Not sure I'm crazy about Curry as return on Rondo, but that's just me.

DGPR
02-29-2012, 07:30 PM
I think at the very least Larry should throw out a package of DC + Hansbrough + 1st for Rondo + undesirable contract an see how that goes.

Pacerized
02-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Pacers Trade Scenarios-The Realistic Options

http://alwaysmillertime.com/2012/02/29/pacers-trade-scenarios-the-realistic-options/#lf_token=eyJqaWQiOiAiX3VwMzIwNjg0OUBsaXZlZnlyZS5j b20iLCAiZGlzcGxheV9uYW1lIjogIlBhY2VyaXplZCIsICJjb2 52X2lkIjogNzAyMTUzNywgImZhY2Vib29rX2Nvbm5lY3RfdXJs IjogImh0dHA6Ly9xdWlsbC5saXZlZnlyZS5jb20vYXBpL3YxLj Evb2F1dGgvYXV0aG9yaXplLz9vYXV0aF9jb21wbGV0ZT1odHRw JTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3LmxpdmVmeXJlLmNvbSUyRmF1dGglMkZjbG 9zZSUyRiZsZnRva2VuPWV5SmhiR2NpT2lBaVNGTXlOVFlpTENB aWRIbHdJam9nSWtwWFZDSjkuZXlKa2IyMWhhVzRpT2lBaWJHbD JaV1o1Y21VdVkyOXRJaXdnSW1WNGNHbHlaWE1pT2lBeE16TXdO amcyT1RJd0xqSTNPVEE1Tnl3Z0luVnpaWEpmYVdRaU9pQWlYM1 Z3TXpJd05qZzBPU0o5LlJpNjF2OU5RMm5BUHQydEE2MHB1dWZt a0FmLVB3ZHNXQ25fMDctOGhkc3MmcHJvdmlkZXI9ZmIiLCAiYm FubmVkIjogZmFsc2UsICJ0d2l0dGVyX2Nvbm5lY3RfdXJsIjog Imh0dHA6Ly9xdWlsbC5saXZlZnlyZS5jb20vYXBpL3YxLjEvb2 F1dGgvYXV0aG9yaXplLz9vYXV0aF9jb21wbGV0ZT1odHRwJTNB JTJGJTJGd3d3LmxpdmVmeXJlLmNvbSUyRmF1dGglMkZjbG9zZS UyRiZsZnRva2VuPWV5SmhiR2NpT2lBaVNGTXlOVFlpTENBaWRI bHdJam9nSWtwWFZDSjkuZXlKa2IyMWhhVzRpT2lBaWJHbDJaV1 o1Y21VdVkyOXRJaXdnSW1WNGNHbHlaWE1pT2lBeE16TXdOamcy T1RJd0xqSTNNekkyTXl3Z0luVnpaWEpmYVdRaU9pQWlYM1Z3TX pJd05qZzBPU0o5LkR3LS1LSkVKd0E5b3poWlBrWWhRbU00VU1u R2dYZmtMQVFoWnNxb1pIYXcmcHJvdmlkZXI9dHciLCAibW9kZX JhdG9yIjogZmFsc2UsICJzZXR0aW5nc191cmwiOiAiaHR0cDov L3d3dy5saXZlZnlyZS5jb20vcHJvZmlsZS9lZGl0L2luZm8iLC AidG9rZW4iOiAiZXlKaGJHY2lPaUFpU0ZNeU5UWWlMQ0FpZEhs d0lqb2dJa3BYVkNKOS5leUprYjIxaGFXNGlPaUFpYkdsMlpXWj VjbVV1WTI5dElpd2dJbVY0Y0dseVpYTWlPaUF4TXpNd05qZzJP VEl3TGpFMk1USXhOQ3dnSW5WelpYSmZhV1FpT2lBaVgzVndNek l3TmpnME9TSjkucWw0d0pMQm0zXzlvb1Z3THN6Q1liazhRRGVl aHdUaUI2b1JlYkR6VzRyQSIsICJhdmF0YXIiOiAiaHR0cDovL2 dyYXZhdGFyLmNvbS9hdmF0YXIvZjZhNmI1NDkzNTA4ZjRlZGU5 ZDc1NGQ0MzI5OTA1MzcvP3M9X19zaXplX18mZD1odHRwJTNBLy 9saXZlZnlyZS1hdmF0YXIuczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9hL2Fu b24vX19zaXplX18uanBnIiwgImZvbGxvd2luZyI6IGZhbHNlLC AicGFydGljaXBhbnQiOiBmYWxzZSwgImlkIjogMzIwNjg0OSwg InByb2ZpbGVfdXJsIjogImh0dHA6Ly93d3cubGl2ZWZ5cmUuY2 9tL3Byb2ZpbGUvMzIwNjg0OS8ifQ==<TIME datetime="2012-02-29">
Feb 29th at 8:53 am</TIME> by Lucas Klipsch (http://alwaysmillertime.com/author/lucasklipsch/)Pacers (http://alwaysmillertime.com/category/pacers/)

Over the last week or so I’ve covered some various Pacers trade scenarios. Most recently I wrote something on slightly unrealistic trade scenarios (http://alwaysmillertime.com/2012/02/24/indiana-pacers-trade-scenarios-the-if-only-options/) that were still conceivable. But today, with the NBA trade deadline just two weeks away, I’ll present three trade options that are realistic and will help the Pacers either immediately or in the very near future. Obviously a lot can change between now and March 15, but the Pacers have a few needs that they can address via trades, thanks to their abundance of cap space. The position Indiana can most easily address with the following trades is post depth. While a wing scorer and a point guard upgrade would be nice, circumstances dictate that adding a quality big will be easiest, and if done properly, such a trade will improve this team dramatically both in the short term and next season.
Chris Kaman
Strengths: Great size, strength. Good vision for a big man. Unselfish with a high basketball IQ. A solid, surprisingly confident perimeter shooter out to 15+ feet. An elite-level rebounder and above average post defender. Intense with a killer instinct.
Weaknesses: Generally lacks athleticism. Injury-prone. A plodder who relies on his size and timing to disrupt shots, but can be dominated by great ball handlers when playing out of position at power forward. Has probably already peaked, and will likely never regain form from 3-4 years ago. In line to be overpaid this summer?
The Trade: Indiana gets Kaman, New Orleans gets two future second round picks (or one future second round pick and the rights to Stanko Barac) (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=86aod5z)
* The Pacers do this trade to help lock themselves into the #3 seed in the East, which they currently tenuously own. With a couple brutal losses to Orlando and Miami already, the post depth, offensive acumen and toughness Kaman provides would go a long way. Kaman is a legitimate NBA-sized center with a great skill set. He’s just past his prime, and probably shouldn’t be starting or playing more than 25 or so mpg for the rest of his career, but he’d be a perfect compliment to Roy Hibbert off of the Pacers’ bench, especially in those games that Jeff Foster is inactive or limited. Indiana can absorb all of the $9 million (or so) left on the prorated version of Kaman’s contract without giving up any current assets. This makes Indiana immediately better, and doesn’t even mortgage much of the future. Obviously they’ll have to risk only having Kaman for a few months before he hits the free agent market, at which point Indiana would likely extend him no more than a mid-level exception offer, but that’s a risk they’d be willing to take to put themselves in the Eastern Conference Finals conversation right away.
* New Orleans initially wanted a first round pick and/or young players for Kaman, but that’s obviously not happening. Most recent talks had the Hornets actually buying Kaman out, and then Miami making a run at him with a minimum offer. Frankly, that seems like cheating. I can’t imagine a situation where a talented 7-footer with an All-Star appearance on his resume gets to just take money from a league-owned team and sign with the league’s best team (that happens to have a hole at center), and get away with it. Indiana has expressed interest, has the money for a salary dump, and will probably be willing to part with multiple second-round picks (or perhaps even a highly-protected future first, especially if Kaman agrees to extend). That seems on par with just about any other feasible offer the Hornets will get for Kaman. In this scenario they’d get to look impartial, trading their asset to an out of Conference team that is not one of the league’s best. If they plan on getting anything out of him before he walks this summer, this trade accomplishes that, and lowers the team’s payroll immediately, which should look attractive to the Mike Dunleavy-headed ownership group.
Chances of Actually Happening: 45%
Talks stalled with Kaman after the Hornets realized they weren’t getting top dollar for him early in the season, and effectively took him off the market. Though things have changed, there are a lot of injuries and a significant lack of able-bodied post players in New Orleans. Fielding a competitive team now may be just as important to a potential ownership group than is saving money, so New Orleans may not be willing to trade Kaman after all. It’s up in the air at this point. Then there’s always the possibility a contender offers an unprotected first, an offer Indiana should not attempt to match.
Chris Andersen
Strengths: One of league’s best shot blockers. Still highly athletic. Relentless rebounder with a nose for loose balls. Fan favorite who can provide instant energy off of the bench. Low tread on his tires for a player his age.
Weaknesses: Very limited offensively. Seems to have suffered a noticeable athleticism drop-off this year, though the energy is still there. Quirky, unusual personality which, while endearing to fans in Denver, may not be a good fit in Indianapolis.
The Trade: Indiana gets Andersen, Denver gets Dahntay Jones (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7qmxwet)
* The Pacers need post help. Andersen is available. This trade makes perfect sense. Losing Jones will diminish the Pacers’ wing depth, and that’s a problem, but they could add someone else via another trade or through free agency and keep a three-man wing rotation of Paul George, George Hill and Danny Granger in the mean time. Another option, which may even be more attractive to Denver, would be to send a future second rounder for Andersen, but that scenario adds all of Andersen’s contract to the Pacers’ payroll, and for his production this year, “The Birdman” is admittedly overpaid.
* Jones’s former team is stacked in terms of reliable bigs, and is trying to lock up another 3/4 hybrid in Wilson Chandler. Between Al Harrington, Nene (when healthy), Timofey Mozgov, Kenneth Faried and Kosta Koufos, Andersen has found minutes hard to come by lately. He has two DNP-CDs and a 9 minute outing over his last three games. Couple that with Denver’s announcement that they’re interested in trading Andersen, and the $6-8 million it will save the Nuggets over the next 2.5 years (pending Dahntay Jones’s player option), and it looks like Andersen will be out the door by March 15.
Chances of Actually Happening: 50%
The question is, would Denver rather salary dump him or take back a player in Jones who they’re familiar with, and who enjoyed his best season as a Nuggets’ starter? If they want to salary dump Andersen in order to free up money to extend Wilson Chandler long term, Indiana may pass, as the remaining years on Andersen’s contract are unattractive.
J.J. Hickson
Strengths: Outstanding rebounder per minute (averaging 11.5 rebounds per 36 as a starting center for his career). Can play multiple front court positions. Athletic with a high ceiling.
Weaknesses: Mental lapses. Highly inconsistent, especially on defense. Is not a leader, and seems to be destined to be a backup for his career. Undersized.
The Trade: Indiana gets Hickson, Sacramento gets a future second round pick. (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7az8uqv)
* Indiana gets some upside, and an immediate boost to its bench’s post depth, for the cost of a second round pick. Hickson could either be a rental, or he could realistically sign for his one-year $3+ million qualifier next season (or a long-term offer close to that). There’s literally no risk associated with making this trade. Indiana has the money to acquire Hickson for nothing. Even if he does have a negative attitude (which he’s never really demonstrated, but there’s got to be something wrong with him given the number of coaches he’s pissed off) he doesn’t have the clout to pull anyone else down with him, and David West and Jeff Foster will be a positive influence. Hickson, though inconsistent and disappointing is still very young, and is immediately (and in the long run) better than any second round pick the Pacers will land any time soon.
* Sacramento looks at this deal and says: “Someone wants to give us something for J.J. Hickson? Sweet!” Hickson has almost completely fallen out of the rotation in Sac-town, and since he lost his starting job there has lost intrigue league-wide. People close to him probably know he’s frustrating and a huge disappointment, and in a loaded 2012 draft, it’s a possibility (albeit a slight one) that a useful player falls to them with Indiana’s pick, or they could wait and see if the Pacers are worse, resulting in a higher 2013 second rounder. Again, unlikely. But still, at this point anything is probably gravy for Hickson, who will almost certainly be walking at year’s end.
Chances of Actually Happening: 55%
The only reason this isn’t a homerun in the 75% likelihood range is that I’m the only one who’s talking about it. We know Kaman was at one point available and linked to the Pacers. We know Andersen is still available. We know nothing about Hickson, other than he’s completely dropped off of the map.

BringJackBack
02-29-2012, 08:37 PM
I am interested to see how the whole Rondo thing goes... Does anyone think we have a legitimate shot at him?

What is your ceiling to offer? I'd offer anything besides George, Hibbert, West (Not that they'd be particularly interested), or Granger... I would offer multiple picks. This guy right here would work very well with Roy, David, PG, and Danny.

Then we would add a great bench in the off-season.

I would love to have him here... What he's done in the playoffs is just spectacular, especially in the 09-10 post-season.

Lance George
02-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Source -- Orlando Magic reach out to Golden State Warriors about Monta Ellis trade - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7631756/source-orlando-magic-reach-golden-state-warriors-monta-ellis-trade)

<cite class="source">By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine

</cite> The Orlando Magic (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/orl/orlando-magic) have reached out to the Golden State Warriors (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors) about trading for Monta Ellis (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2751/monta-ellis), according to league sources.

No deal is imminent, but Orlando is trying to add Ellis to its roster in hopes of appeasing Dwight Howard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2384/dwight-howard). Rather than aggressively pursuing a trade of Howard before the March 15 deadline, the Magic are desperately seeking a move that will convince Howard he can stay in Orlando.

Howard has long mentioned Ellis, who is the seventh leading scorer in the league with a 22.2 points average, as someone he would love to play with.

Golden State is willing to listen to the Magic about a potential trade for its shooting guard, but there is little on Orlando's roster that appeals to the Warriors, according to sources.

Thus, the sides are not close to having the parameters of a deal in place. Instead, Orlando will begin looking for other clubs to get involved in a three-or four-team deal that would satisfy the Warriors and bring Ellis to Orlando.

Golden State's greatest desire is to add a quality big man to its roster.

In fact, sources say the Warriors would actually like to trade for Howard, even though he has said he will not sign to play there long-term. In approaching the Magic about a Howard trade earlier this season, the Warriors were willing to send Ellis to Orlando in the trade.

Senior writer Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

Follow Chris Broussard on Twitter: @chris_broussard (http://twitter.com/chris_broussard)

LA_Confidential
02-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Source -- Orlando Magic reach out to Golden State Warriors about Monta Ellis trade - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7631756/source-orlando-magic-reach-golden-state-warriors-monta-ellis-trade)

What could Orlando possibly offer to GSW that we wouldn't? Even if it were a 3 or 4 team deal, why wouldn't the other teams involved (in all likelyhood, us) just go after Ellis. The Magic roster is crap. Without Dwight they're the Cavs without Lebron.

Lance George
02-29-2012, 09:40 PM
A couple of interesting tidbits from the Hoops Hype rumor page...

While Boston is wondering about Steph Curry, the Warrior whose name is most often heard in trade rumors is Monte Ellis. Ellis has been open to (though not insistent) leaving Golden State for years, and if he had his druthers, he'd wind up with the Lakers, the Bulls or the Magic next to Dwight Howard, (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7630399/nba-superstars-dwight-howard-pau-gasol-rajon-rondo-traded) sources say. But none of those scenarios appears likely. While an Ellis trade is certainly possible, the Warriors would rather move Curry than Ellis, whom they believe is the better player. ESPN.com (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7630399/nba-superstars-dwight-howard-pau-gasol-rajon-rondo-traded)

Kaman will almost certainly be moved. New Orleans has no use for him and simply wants to get something -- even if it's just a second-round draft pick -- for him, (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7630399/nba-superstars-dwight-howard-pau-gasol-rajon-rondo-traded) according to sources. A month ago, when the Hornets told Kaman to stay home and wait to be traded, they were asking for a young player, a draft pick and an expiring contract. Now, their aspirations aren't so lofty. Golden State, Houston and Miami have interest in Kaman. ESPN.com (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7630399/nba-superstars-dwight-howard-pau-gasol-rajon-rondo-traded)

Sparhawk
02-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Pacers Trade Scenarios-The Realistic Options

http://alwaysmillertime.com/2012/02/29/pacers-trade-scenarios-the-realistic-options/#lf_token=eyJqaWQiOiAiX3VwMzIwNjg0OUBsaXZlZnlyZS5j b20iLCAiZGlzcGxheV9uYW1lIjogIlBhY2VyaXplZCIsICJjb2 52X2lkIjogNzAyMTUzNywgImZhY2Vib29rX2Nvbm5lY3RfdXJs IjogImh0dHA6Ly9xdWlsbC5saXZlZnlyZS5jb20vYXBpL3YxLj Evb2F1dGgvYXV0aG9yaXplLz9vYXV0aF9jb21wbGV0ZT1odHRw JTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3LmxpdmVmeXJlLmNvbSUyRmF1dGglMkZjbG 9zZSUyRiZsZnRva2VuPWV5SmhiR2NpT2lBaVNGTXlOVFlpTENB aWRIbHdJam9nSWtwWFZDSjkuZXlKa2IyMWhhVzRpT2lBaWJHbD JaV1o1Y21VdVkyOXRJaXdnSW1WNGNHbHlaWE1pT2lBeE16TXdO amcyT1RJd0xqSTNPVEE1Tnl3Z0luVnpaWEpmYVdRaU9pQWlYM1 Z3TXpJd05qZzBPU0o5LlJpNjF2OU5RMm5BUHQydEE2MHB1dWZt a0FmLVB3ZHNXQ25fMDctOGhkc3MmcHJvdmlkZXI9ZmIiLCAiYm FubmVkIjogZmFsc2UsICJ0d2l0dGVyX2Nvbm5lY3RfdXJsIjog Imh0dHA6Ly9xdWlsbC5saXZlZnlyZS5jb20vYXBpL3YxLjEvb2 F1dGgvYXV0aG9yaXplLz9vYXV0aF9jb21wbGV0ZT1odHRwJTNB JTJGJTJGd3d3LmxpdmVmeXJlLmNvbSUyRmF1dGglMkZjbG9zZS UyRiZsZnRva2VuPWV5SmhiR2NpT2lBaVNGTXlOVFlpTENBaWRI bHdJam9nSWtwWFZDSjkuZXlKa2IyMWhhVzRpT2lBaWJHbDJaV1 o1Y21VdVkyOXRJaXdnSW1WNGNHbHlaWE1pT2lBeE16TXdOamcy T1RJd0xqSTNNekkyTXl3Z0luVnpaWEpmYVdRaU9pQWlYM1Z3TX pJd05qZzBPU0o5LkR3LS1LSkVKd0E5b3poWlBrWWhRbU00VU1u R2dYZmtMQVFoWnNxb1pIYXcmcHJvdmlkZXI9dHciLCAibW9kZX JhdG9yIjogZmFsc2UsICJzZXR0aW5nc191cmwiOiAiaHR0cDov L3d3dy5saXZlZnlyZS5jb20vcHJvZmlsZS9lZGl0L2luZm8iLC AidG9rZW4iOiAiZXlKaGJHY2lPaUFpU0ZNeU5UWWlMQ0FpZEhs d0lqb2dJa3BYVkNKOS5leUprYjIxaGFXNGlPaUFpYkdsMlpXWj VjbVV1WTI5dElpd2dJbVY0Y0dseVpYTWlPaUF4TXpNd05qZzJP VEl3TGpFMk1USXhOQ3dnSW5WelpYSmZhV1FpT2lBaVgzVndNek l3TmpnME9TSjkucWw0d0pMQm0zXzlvb1Z3THN6Q1liazhRRGVl aHdUaUI2b1JlYkR6VzRyQSIsICJhdmF0YXIiOiAiaHR0cDovL2 dyYXZhdGFyLmNvbS9hdmF0YXIvZjZhNmI1NDkzNTA4ZjRlZGU5 ZDc1NGQ0MzI5OTA1MzcvP3M9X19zaXplX18mZD1odHRwJTNBLy 9saXZlZnlyZS1hdmF0YXIuczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9hL2Fu b24vX19zaXplX18uanBnIiwgImZvbGxvd2luZyI6IGZhbHNlLC AicGFydGljaXBhbnQiOiBmYWxzZSwgImlkIjogMzIwNjg0OSwg InByb2ZpbGVfdXJsIjogImh0dHA6Ly93d3cubGl2ZWZ5cmUuY2 9tL3Byb2ZpbGUvMzIwNjg0OS8ifQ==<TIME datetime="2012-02-29">
Feb 29th at 8:53 am</TIME> by Lucas Klipsch (http://alwaysmillertime.com/author/lucasklipsch/)Pacers (http://alwaysmillertime.com/category/pacers/)

Over the last week or so I’ve covered some various Pacers trade scenarios. Most recently I wrote something on slightly unrealistic trade scenarios (http://alwaysmillertime.com/2012/02/24/indiana-pacers-trade-scenarios-the-if-only-options/) that were still conceivable. But today, with the NBA trade deadline just two weeks away, I’ll present three trade options that are realistic and will help the Pacers either immediately or in the very near future. Obviously a lot can change between now and March 15, but the Pacers have a few needs that they can address via trades, thanks to their abundance of cap space. The position Indiana can most easily address with the following trades is post depth. While a wing scorer and a point guard upgrade would be nice, circumstances dictate that adding a quality big will be easiest, and if done properly, such a trade will improve this team dramatically both in the short term and next season.

J.J. Hickson
Strengths: Outstanding rebounder per minute (averaging 11.5 rebounds per 36 as a starting center for his career). Can play multiple front court positions. Athletic with a high ceiling.
Weaknesses: Mental lapses. Highly inconsistent, especially on defense. Is not a leader, and seems to be destined to be a backup for his career. Undersized.
The Trade: Indiana gets Hickson, Sacramento gets a future second round pick. (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7az8uqv)
* Indiana gets some upside, and an immediate boost to its bench’s post depth, for the cost of a second round pick. Hickson could either be a rental, or he could realistically sign for his one-year $3+ million qualifier next season (or a long-term offer close to that). There’s literally no risk associated with making this trade. Indiana has the money to acquire Hickson for nothing. Even if he does have a negative attitude (which he’s never really demonstrated, but there’s got to be something wrong with him given the number of coaches he’s pissed off) he doesn’t have the clout to pull anyone else down with him, and David West and Jeff Foster will be a positive influence. Hickson, though inconsistent and disappointing is still very young, and is immediately (and in the long run) better than any second round pick the Pacers will land any time soon.
* Sacramento looks at this deal and says: “Someone wants to give us something for J.J. Hickson? Sweet!” Hickson has almost completely fallen out of the rotation in Sac-town, and since he lost his starting job there has lost intrigue league-wide. People close to him probably know he’s frustrating and a huge disappointment, and in a loaded 2012 draft, it’s a possibility (albeit a slight one) that a useful player falls to them with Indiana’s pick, or they could wait and see if the Pacers are worse, resulting in a higher 2013 second rounder. Again, unlikely. But still, at this point anything is probably gravy for Hickson, who will almost certainly be walking at year’s end.
Chances of Actually Happening: 55%
The only reason this isn’t a homerun in the 75% likelihood range is that I’m the only one who’s talking about it. We know Kaman was at one point available and linked to the Pacers. We know Andersen is still available. We know nothing about Hickson, other than he’s completely dropped off of the map.

DC, Hans, 1st for Rondo
Hickson for a 2nd or 2 2nds (to replace Hans)
*Possibly go after Kaman for a 2nd if Hickson only costs 1 2nd

Done.

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 09:48 PM
I've been saying for a while that we should help GS to get Kaman so we can get Monta.

LA_Confidential
02-29-2012, 09:51 PM
I've been saying for a while that we should help GS to get Kaman so we can get Monta.

We'd likely have to absorb Biedrins. No opposed, just saying.

CableKC
02-29-2012, 09:51 PM
I find it astounding that people would trade Granger for Monta but would not trade him for Melo.......:cool:
I wouldn't do either....not because either of them....as players...are better than Granger....but because of the impact to team chemistry.

Hypnotiq
02-29-2012, 09:54 PM
steph curry :drooling:

vnzla81
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
steph curry :drooling:

What are you a doctor? ;)

CableKC
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM

Boston have no really bad contracts. And like I said, more teams would need to get involved.
A while ago I suggested to get Phoenix involved - Childress & Rondo to Indiana, Nash and Gortat to Boston, 2 future 1st round picks & Hansbrough+Collison to Phoenix. But the Suns overvalue Gortat, so...
How do you not overvalue a center that is giving you 15ppg/10rpg/1.6bpg while being paid $7.5 mil a year over the next 2 years?

CableKC
02-29-2012, 10:23 PM
I am interested to see how the whole Rondo thing goes... Does anyone think we have a legitimate shot at him?

What is your ceiling to offer? I'd offer anything besides George, Hibbert, West (Not that they'd be particularly interested), or Granger... I would offer multiple picks. This guy right here would work very well with Roy, David, PG, and Danny.

Then we would add a great bench in the off-season.

I would love to have him here... What he's done in the playoffs is just spectacular, especially in the 09-10 post-season.
I'd send them the same offer I have been saying I'd give up for the longest time....Pacers 2012 1st round pick + DC for Rondo + Bass ( if push comes to shove, JONeal while getting back the 2012 Celtics 2nd round pick ). Despite all of the concerns about his attitude....I'm banking on the assumption that he has an alpha dog mentality that doesn't fit well on a team like the Celtics...which IMHO wouldn't be as much of a concern in Indy. As for butting heads with the Coach....I'd hope that Vogel's sparkling personality and Shaw will win him over :shrug:

Infinite MAN_force
02-29-2012, 10:36 PM
These continuing reports about Rondo's attitude are really scaring me off. You're telling me Boston tried to trade Rondo for Steph Curry and Golden State said no? Thats a no brainer as a basketball move, People in NBA circles seem to be fully aware that Rondo has some serious baggage. I'm thinking they know more than we do.

Leaning toward pass, I hate the idea of messing up our chemistry.

LA_Confidential
02-29-2012, 10:39 PM
These continuing reports about Rondo's attitude are really scaring me off. You're telling me Boston tried to trade Rondo for Steph Curry and Golden State said no? Thats a no brainer as a basketball move, People in NBA circles seem to be fully aware that Rondo has some serious baggage. I'm thinking they know more than we do.

Leaning toward pass, I hate the idea of messing up our chemistry.

Steph is still on his rookie deal and is a lights out shooter. I'd have said no to the C's too!

Infinite MAN_force
02-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Steph is still on his rookie deal and is a lights out shooter. I'd have said no to the C's too!

I don't know, maybe I overstated my case. I feel that from a purely basketball standpoint, I'd take Rondo over Curry every time. A true point guard that talented is just very rare, and as good as Curry is, I question whether he is a true point.

PaceBalls
03-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Chemistry is always a concern, but just think how much better this team would be with Rondo. If they are winning every damn game who cares if they get along?

Some of the greatest teams in history have had guys that did not get along. The Bulls for example. Nobody got along with MJ, he was so competitive he was a real A-hole, but without that, he isn't the greatest player ever. The Kobe/Shaq Lakers wasn't all smiles and hugs. Only when they won.

Anyway, I think you take a chance if you can do it for Rondo. The upside is a championship.

Hypnotiq
03-01-2012, 02:45 AM
AlexKennedyNBA: The Monta Ellis to Orlando rumor has legs. We'll see if Golden State is interested. I'm not sure the Magic have the assets to get it done.

Hypnotiq
03-01-2012, 02:46 AM
AlexKennedyNBA: The Orlando Magic have called a number of teams and one thing is clear: They're trying to surround Dwight Howard with talent, not move him.

BKK
03-01-2012, 05:54 AM
I've read that Utah's CJ Miles is on the block (sorry I don't have a link at the moment being on my iphone). What do you think it would take to get him? I'm a big fan of his game, he would be a great addition to our wing rotation!

Lance George
03-01-2012, 07:55 AM
A couple of new Rondo articles...

Report: Celtics shopping Rajon Rondo - Sports - The Boston Globe (http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/03/01/celtics-showed-good-signs-out-all-star-break/VI8izLL0toxJ5BfrNbL2yJ/story.html)

Rajon Rondo’s future in Boston continues to be a story line as a report last night indicated the team is shopping its point guard and an NBA source said the Celtics are “listening’’ to offers.

An ESPN.com report said the Celtics have decided to trade Rondo after his attitude and personality have become too burdensome for the organization. An NBA source told the Globe the Celtics aren’t trying to dump Rondo but his name is being mentioned in deals, similar to the way it was when the team made a play for Chris Paul in December.

Rondo collected his 16th career triple-double and third this season in last night’s 102-96 victory over the Bucks. He has endured a difficult season with the trade rumors, an eight-game absence because of a sprained right wrist, and two because of a NBA suspension for throwing the ball at official Sean Wright.

Rondo also was upset at originally being left off the All-Star team and responded with one of his worst games of the season Feb. 10 against the Raptors in Toronto. On Tuesday in Cleveland he missed all six shots from the field and dished out 11 assists but committed five turnovers.

Last night he bounced back with 15 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. Coach Doc Rivers lauded Rondo for his orchestration of the offense and pushing the pace. While he has shown flashes of brilliance, it’s uncertain if the organization feels it can begin the post-Big Three era around Rondo.

He has three years and $36 million left on his contract after this season.

Rondo On The Trading Block … Again! « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog (http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/03/01/rondo-on-the-trading-block-again/)

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – Welcome back to the swirl and twirl of the trade rumor mill Rajon Rondo. We missed you!

What’s it been, four months?

After seeing his name mentioned prominently in trade speculation at the start of this season, the Celtics’ point guard is making a return trip with the March 15 trade deadline looming and the team needing to do something to shake things up.

Rondo, according to the Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2012/03/01/celtics_showed_good_signs_out_of_all_star_break/), is in the crosshairs once more as the Celtics are reportedly, “listening” to offers for the man who has become their best player:
An ESPN.com (http://espn.com/) report said the Celtics have decided to trade Rondo after his attitude and personality have become too burdensome for the organization. An NBA source told the Globe the Celtics aren’t trying to dump Rondo but his name is being mentioned in deals, similar to the way it was when the team made a play for Chris Paul in December.

Rondo collected his 16th career triple-double and third this season in last night’s 102-96 victory over the Bucks. He has endured a difficult season with the trade rumors, an eight-game absence because of a sprained right wrist, and two because of a NBA suspension for throwing the ball at official Sean Wright.

Rondo also was upset at originally being left off the All-Star team and responded with one of his worst games of the season Feb. 10 against the Raptors in Toronto. On Tuesday in Cleveland he missed all six shots from the field and dished out 11 assists but committed five turnovers.

Last night he bounced back with 15 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. Coach Doc Rivers lauded Rondo for his orchestration of the offense and pushing the pace. While he has shown flashes of brilliance, it’s uncertain if the organization feels it can begin the post-Big Three era around Rondo.

He has three years and $36 million left on his contract after this season.
If the Celtics listen long and hard enough, they’ll find a suitor for one of the best point guards in the game. Good luck getting back a player of comparable talent.

Then again, if these reports are true, a comparable talent doesn’t matter as much as someone whose “attitude and personality” is compatible with what the organization is looking for while they rebuild for the future.

One thing is clear, though. If Rondo is moved, it’s time to blow taps on the Big 3 era!

QuickRelease
03-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Why is that some of the biggest headcases have some of the greatest talent?

HC
03-01-2012, 08:31 AM
It's a no brainer to me. You do what you gotta do short of trading George, Hibbert, or Granger to bring Rondo here. If he isn't a fit with the team, he can easily be flipped elsewhere for a decent return.

Pacer Fan
03-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Because they are head strong, hard headed?

ksuttonjr76
03-01-2012, 08:57 AM
To the trade gurus of this forum...is there any team that can offer more than what we can? It feels like that Indiana can offer more young players than any other team without gutting their starting 5.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk

Lance George
03-01-2012, 09:06 AM

I don't know if we have a shot at him without moving at least one of Danny or our two young studs (Hibbert and George), but I'd be shocked if we weren't trying to get in the mix for Rondo.

It's known that Bird loves Rondo's game, with several, seemingly legitimate rumors of us trying to trade for Rondo a few months back. Throw in the fact that now is the time and the place for us to make a huge move, and how aggressive the Celtics seem to be in moving Rondo, and the pieces do seem to add up.

Two weeks until the deadline...

ksuttonjr76
03-01-2012, 09:24 AM
List of Non-Playoffs teams who could use Rondo:
Detroit
Toronto
Utah
Golden State (Move Curry to the SG spot)
Sacramento
New Orleans

List of Teams where Rondo could be THE difference:
Indiana
Phoenix (If they're looking to get someone to replace Nash)
Portland
Atlanta
LA Lakers

Worry about Losing a FA Next Season
New Jersey
Orlando

Justin Tyme
03-01-2012, 10:27 AM
I've read that Utah's CJ Miles is on the block (sorry I don't have a link at the moment being on my iphone). What do you think it would take to get him? I'm a big fan of his game, he would be a great addition to our wing rotation!

At 39% FG shooting and 27% 3pt shooting this season averaging 9/2/1, I see no reason to get him. Not to mention those averages have dropped the last 3 seasons. I'd rather not try and figure out where to get his 20-25 PT for such poor stats.

Justin Tyme
03-01-2012, 10:29 AM

At 39% FG shooting and 27% 3pt shooting this season averaging 9/2/1, I see no reason to get him. Not to mention those averages have dropped the last 3 seasons. I'd rather not try and figure out where to get his 20-25 PT for such poor stats.

Maybe this drop in play the last few years is the reason he's up for trade.

Pacer Fan
03-01-2012, 10:44 AM
To the trade gurus of this forum...is there any team that can offer more than what we can? It feels like that Indiana can offer more young players than any other team without gutting their starting 5.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk

I think Rockets, Kings, Cavs, Hornets all have more then Pacers.

Sparhawk
03-01-2012, 10:46 AM

Just be lucky we aren't the Wizards, land of stupid players + headcases.

Pacer Fan
03-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Just be lucky we aren't the Wizards, land of stupid players + headcases.

LOL
Right or Wrong. I feel Lance would Excel for the Wizards.

Hicks
03-01-2012, 10:49 AM
I think at the very least Larry should throw out a package of DC + Hansbrough + 1st for Rondo + undesirable contract an see how that goes.

If his attitude is the reason they're shopping him, I don't want him at all. And to be honest, reminding myself of what we went through with the mid 2000's team and their personality issues has only reinforced my belief that I want no part of him.

Talent is awesome, except when ******** like this ****s it up in the end. No thank you. I learned my lesson quite well with the last generation of Pacers. Talent is needed, but talent alone is not enough.

PR07
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
If his attitude is the reason they're shopping him, I don't want him at all. And to be honest, reminding myself of what we went through with the mid 2000's team and their personality issues has only reinforced my belief that I want no part of him.

Talent is awesome, except when ******** like this ****s it up in the end. No thank you. I learned my lesson quite well with the last generation of Pacers. Talent is needed, but talent alone is not enough.

Plus, if the Celtics are struggling to keep him in line with future hall of famers in Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen; are you really going to expect younger and less proven guys like Granger, West, and Hibbert? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Hicks
03-01-2012, 10:54 AM

Growing up with a gift like that, I suppose that alone could make you prone to arrogance and petulance if you don't also have humility (either inherited or learned). Plus, when you grow up a gifted athlete, you're usually far less likely to hear the word "no" as often as most people do.

The Sleeze
03-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Alright, Hicks and PR07 have swayed me, bring on Steve Nash instead.

Sparhawk
03-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Plus, if the Celtics are struggling to keep him in line with future hall of famers in Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen; are you really going to expect younger and less proven guys like Granger, West, and Hibbert? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

If the Pacers can turn Lance around, I think they can handle Rondo. It's not like we have more than 1 headcase on our team. I don't see any right now. Jack and Artest were both unstable.

Besides, I think Rondo would enjoy it here with the group of guys we have. Garnett and Pierce don't strike me as very nice guys. They seem arrogant to me, but I could be wrong. Pacers have a lot of very humble guys.

It's just a different environment here than Boston.

And just the thought of Rondo and PG locking down guards on defense is something I want to see.

Sparhawk
03-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Alright, Hicks and PR07 have swayed me, bring on Steve Nash instead.

Maybe I can sway you back!

Although, Nash would be great too.

Tom White
03-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I have no problem with that for all intents and purposes, you were already on mine.

I'm confused. If he was already on your ignore list, how did you view and read his post?

Pacer Fan
03-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Although I would risk for Cousins, I agree with you guys on Rondo. Rondo has had a great place to play and is a veteran with a healthy contract. Cousins is a kid and plays for a bad team with a rookie contract. Rondo gets out of line, he may be harder to defuse. Cousins gets out of line, send his rear right out.

Hicks
03-01-2012, 11:08 AM
If the Pacers can turn Lance around, I think they can handle Rondo. It's not like we have more than 1 headcase on our team. I don't see any right now. Jack and Artest were both unstable.

Besides, I think Rondo would enjoy it here with the group of guys we have. Garnett and Pierce don't strike me as very nice guys. They seem arrogant to me, but I could be wrong. Pacers have a lot of very humble guys.

And just the thought of Rondo and PG locking down guards on defense is something I want to see.

Not all head cases are the same. The issues from the last gen. were all different player to player. I see nothing to suggest Lance and Rondo have the same issues, either. Lance needs to grow up, and he's not very smart from what I can tell. Rondo seems more intelligent and mature, but just has a ****** attitude to go along with it.

I'm not in favor of willingly bringing that kind of poison here; I'm not going to be blinded by talent again.

Hibbert
03-01-2012, 11:14 AM

Also of note, PG and Rondo are very close and are very good friends but we wouldn't be able to get Rondo without one of DG, PG, or RH and I wouldn't want to break them up for him.

Sparhawk
03-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Also of note, PG and Rondo are very close and are very good friends but we wouldn't be able to get Rondo without one of DG, PG, or RH and I wouldn't want to break them up for him.

Definitely agree with that.

Sherlock
03-01-2012, 11:19 AM

Is there a way to gauge the how a Bad-***-level of a player?

If Rondo is a level 10 Bad-*** player, then no.
If he is level 7, then we would consider if it comes relatively cheap.
If he is level 4, and is considered coercible, then throw another 1st pick to get him.
;)

Slick Pinkham
03-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Sending them DC and a 1st makes sense, and I am sure it would also take another player, but I would not give up Roy, Paul, or Danny. If DC, Tyler, and a 1st are not enough to get Rondo, then we can do without.

PR07
03-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Not all head cases are the same. The issues from the last gen. were all different player to player. I see nothing to suggest Lance and Rondo have the same issues, either. Lance needs to grow up, and he's not very smart from what I can tell. Rondo seems more intelligent and mature, but just has a ****** attitude to go along with it.

I'm not in favor of willingly bringing that kind of poison here; I'm not going to be blinded by talent again.

Agreed. Plus, Rondo was a first round pick and is a multiple all-star, multiple defensive first team member, and starting point guard on an NBA Champion. He can afford to act like a stubborn mule because he's already shown he's more than good enough to hang around this league for a long time. What has Lance done? He's a second round pick and barely gets off the bench, and thus hasn't shown he's a mainstay NBA talent. If he doesn't comply to team behavior, he'll likely be gone from the Pacers or even further, doing something else for a living. That's just how it goes.

PGisthefuture
03-01-2012, 11:30 AM
From what I've read and heard it sounds like Boston wants to get rid of Rondo almost desperately. I know they aren't going to accept junk, but I think he can be had without giving up 2 core pieces from our team. The Celtics don't think they can rebuild around Rondo. I think they would have to consider a deal like Collison and 2 picks and/or Tyler Hansbrough. They shed a lot of cap that way and get basically 3 pieces for the future because their run is done with the current team. We have heard rumors that the Celtics were shopping Rondo, but by now I think Rondo is tired of it and he will indeed be traded. I think Rondo would gel well with our core more than he did with the big 3 because he probably felt intimidated by older guys like Garnett and Pierce. If Rondo is with a bunch of guys closer to his age and guys that are fun to be around I think his personality will change.

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 11:40 AM
A. Sherrod Blakely: #Celticstalk: @buellj814 -> Beasley is being shopped HARD. T-Wolves very motivated to move him, and yes, the #Celtics have some interest. Twitter

2minutes twoa
03-01-2012, 11:44 AM
I would definitely be willing to offer DC, Tyler and this year's first. I would hesitate to add more, but Lance, AJ, DJones, Hill or a future pick could be added. No way do I include PG, Roy or Danny.

Any way they're still interested in DWest? I love what he's brought to the Pacers, but he doesn't exactly fit the long term plans.

Maybe DC, DWest and this year's first? Tyler mans the 4 this year and then we look for a good FA signing next year.

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 11:56 AM
I would definitely be willing to offer DC, Tyler and this year's first. I would hesitate to add more, but Lance, AJ, DJones, Hill or a future pick could be added. No way do I include PG, Roy or Danny.

Any way they're still interested in DWest? I love what he's brought to the Pacers, but he doesn't exactly fit the long term plans.

Maybe DC, DWest and this year's first? Tyler mans the 4 this year and then we look for a good FA signing next year.

Yeah I was thinking West+DC+Tyler+picks for Rondo+Bass, that could get it done.

The Celtics would probably do it because they want to compete this year.

Our starting unit would be: Rondo, PG, Danny, Bass, Roy.

The Celtics starting unit would be: DC, Allen, Pierce, West, KG.

CableKC
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
given the concerns....I'd only offer DC+1st for Rondo.. No need to offer Hansbrough

OlBlu
03-01-2012, 12:03 PM
given the concerns....I'd only offer DC+1st for Rondo.. No need to offer Hansbrough

The Celtics would not consider DC at all.... Nor, in my opinion would they consider Hansbrough or even DC, Hansbrough and a number one. They might consider Granger and a number one if they are going to move Pierce.... I just don't think we have anything the Celtics would take for Rondo. :cool:

2minutes twoa
03-01-2012, 12:04 PM

I see what you're saying, but I don't think that gets it done. I would be willing to give more because I truly think he's the missing piece.

graphic-er
03-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I'd give up anyone + picks except PG, DG, DW, RH. The goal should be to get Rondo here to play with those 4 guys.

90'sNBARocked
03-01-2012, 12:23 PM
The rumor I heard (Chris Broussard) I believe was that if Boston were to trade Rondo before the deadline , they want a big in return who can helkp them compete for one more run this year. They feel Avrey Bradley can hanndle the point, so Iam not sure that they would even want DC

It seems we dont have a package they would be interested in, and as much as I would be tempted by Rondo, I dont want to give up West

thewholefnshow31
03-01-2012, 12:27 PM

In a way I can see why Rondo has a ****** attitude since the organization kept spouting on and on about how this organization was a family then turned around in one of the dumbest trades moved his best friend and the team fell short when they needed him the most.

The organization continued to say they were a family and Rondo was their guy and so on then then the moment Rondo turned around Ainge was running around trying to throw Rondo at everyone.

So maybe a new home where he really is the guy and can have a long term investment from the organization might help his attitude.

Of course like what you said he could just have an overall ****** attitude no matter what you do for him.

ksuttonjr76
03-01-2012, 12:32 PM

This would be my low ball offer just to see if they actually fall for it.

2minutes twoa
03-01-2012, 12:40 PM
The rumor I heard (Chris Broussard) I believe was that if Boston were to trade Rondo before the deadline , they want a big in return who can helkp them compete for one more run this year. They feel Avrey Bradley can hanndle the point, so Iam not sure that they would even want DC

It seems we dont have a package they would be interested in, and as much as I would be tempted by Rondo, I dont want to give up West

If this is the case, then we need to find a team that has a big that they're willing to trade. First thing to come to mind is Kaman.

Not sure if the numbers work, but maybe DC to New Orleans, Rondo to Indy, Kaman and a first to Boston. Of course more players and picks can be added.

Or maybe something involving Lopez in Jersey to help facilitate a Dwight Howard deal.

CableKC
03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I see what you're saying, but I don't think that gets it done. I would be willing to give more because I truly think he's the missing piece.
Then I'm okay with passing on him. Given the obvious concerns, I don't mind making a run for him...but not at a high cost.

RLeWorm
03-01-2012, 12:45 PM
stop overrating DC! Him and a 1st is not going to get Rondo. danny ainge would have to be on crack to do that trade.

BPump33
03-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I fully admit that I overvalue our guys and I am overly loyal, but I don't want to blow up a team that's winning right now because of our talent + chemistry. We are 22-12 and third in the East. I want to see what this team is fully capable of before it gets blown up. Yes, I consider trading 2 or 3 of our top 7 players blowing things up.

I'm having fun watching these guys grow together as a TEAM. Everyone thinks we can't take Chicago or Miami in a series, but this team went into Chicago and beat them earlier in the year. We had four very hard fought games with them last year and added exactly what we were missing in that series with West and Hill. I'm not sold that we can't handle the Bulls in a series.

Miami....definitely have my concerns, but so does every other team in the league.

Dgreenwell3
03-01-2012, 12:53 PM
stop overrating DC! Him and a 1st is not going to get Rondo. danny ainge would have to be on crack to do that trade.

I wouldn't do that deal either but if they are rebuilding and planning on making a push for d will or Nash, I may do it.

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 12:57 PM

If Bird turns West into Rondo he should be GM of the millennium.

2minutes twoa
03-01-2012, 01:07 PM

Lol....definitely! Stealing West in free agency, then trading him in a deal for their Allstar PG is a move that would make the mafia proud! :)

Steagles
03-01-2012, 01:18 PM
This would be my low ball offer just to see if they actually fall for it.

I would want to get McBob back if we traded Handsbro. So DC, Tyler and our 1st for Rondo. Then AJ and a 2nd for McBob.

Rondo
George
Danny
West
Hibbert

Lance
Hill
Dahntay
McBob
Foster / Lou / Pendergraph
also a roster filler

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Lol....definitely! Stealing West in free agency, then trading him in a deal for their Allstar PG is a move that would make the mafia proud! :)

Right? steal Dwest from the Celtics then turn around and trade him plus some pieces of course(DC+Tyler+picks?) for Rajon Rondo? are you kidding me? that could be the move of the decade.

90'sNBARocked
03-01-2012, 01:21 PM

If we gave Boston West, DC , a number 1, and maybe took one bad contract off their plate I could see them bite

However, as much as I like Rondo, I wouldnt trade West to get him. It would hurt chemistry and I dont feel Ty is ready/suited to start

If there was some way we could get Rondo without giving up Granger/Roy/PG or West, I would do whatever it took

CableKC
03-01-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm not overrating DC. Given the concerns about Rondo...I don't want to give up too many assets to get him....as in both DC and Hansbrough. DC+1st is a package that I would give up for a borderline all star like Monta or Granger. Rondo appears to be a step above them...but below the next tier of players like Carmelo or Stoudamire. Given the attitude concerns....his value goes down in my eyes...,which puts him at the Monta or Granger level.

in other word...Rondo maybe "Nightwing"....compared to "Robins" like Monta or Granger...but given the concerns about him...his trade value IMHO makes him a "Robin" in my eyes.

90'sNBARocked
03-01-2012, 01:25 PM
I know Rondo is a major talent and also only 26......BUT

Gm's are well connected and they realize that if Boston, who will clearly begin rebuilding next year , is ready to give up on a 26 yrd old all star point guard , then the headaches, attitude issues must be pretty strong

The Cletics , I dont believe will get as good a package for Rondo as some seem to have indicated here

Sollozzo
03-01-2012, 01:26 PM
If there was some way we could get Rondo without giving up Granger/Roy/PG or West, I would do whatever it took

Of course you would. But Boston would hang up the phone.

90'sNBARocked
03-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Of course you would. But Boston would hang up the phone.

probably but you never know until you try

graphic-er
03-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Would we willing to give up 2 1st's to get the deal done? I think i would...

Justin Tyme
03-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I would want to get McBob back if we traded Handsbro. So DC, Tyler and our 1st for Rondo. Then AJ and a 2nd for McBob.

Rondo
George
Danny
West
Hibbert

Lance
Hill
Dahntay
McBob
Foster / Lou / Pendergraph
also a roster filler

You lost me with the 1st 7 words of your post.

"I would want to get McBob back.................."

It's pretty obvious McBob is overrated and overvalued by some Pacer fans. There is a reason he's getting DNP's and less than 4 min PT when the Lakers are hurting for bigs!

MiaDragon
03-01-2012, 01:34 PM

We have a hard enough time getting players to come here. I'm not sure shipping D West out half way through his first season with the team would send the best message to future free agents.

graphic-er
03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I would not be surprised to see Rondo land in Utah. They want to trade Harris, and they will have a decent pick to give up. Plus they are flush with Young big men. Favors, Milsap, Kanter, Al Jeff. So Boston would be able to pry one of their Bigs away too.

Sparhawk
03-01-2012, 01:48 PM
I would not be surprised to see Rondo land in Utah. They want to trade Harris, and they will have a decent pick to give up. Plus they are flush with Young big men. Favors, Milsap, Kanter, Al Jeff. So Boston would be able to pry one of their Bigs away too.

Damn, that's so true. Or maybe a 3-way trade with where we get Rondo and Utah gets DC. heh

Psyren
03-01-2012, 02:01 PM
@DwainPrice (http://www.twitter.com/DwainPrice)

The word on the streets is that the Mavs may trade Lamar Odom to Phoenix for Steve Nash. That will get Odom closer to his home in LA.

MiaDragon
03-01-2012, 02:04 PM
@DwainPrice (http://www.twitter.com/DwainPrice)

Wow, thats all it would take to land Nash!?:-o

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM

I expect them to ad more pieces to that, maybe Beaubois plus picks?

spreedom
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM

If it's a team that Nash wants to go to.

Sparhawk
03-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Where are the Pacer rumors, c'mon!

Dgreenwell3
03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
I would be pretty happy with that...

2minutes twoa
03-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Where are the Pacer rumors, c'mon!

I know!! Damn Bird and his poker face!! :)

Sparhawk
03-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Pacers should just trade a 2nd and Lou for Kaman.

Then go out and sign Arenas.

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 02:34 PM
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/03/01/12/Trade-talk-Sessions-remains-hot-topic/landing.html?blockID=677686&feedID=8888

March 1, 2012
A look at some NBA buzz as the March 15 trading deadline nears:

One source tells FOX Sports Ohio that “it’ll be a miracle” if Ramon Sessions is still with Cleveland after the trading deadline. “I don’t know that they’re actively shopping him, but they’re certainly listening,” the source said. “It’s nothing personal. (Sessions and the Cavs) have a strong relationship. The Cavs really respect and admire him. They wouldn’t be against keeping him. But it‘s a tough situation. Kyrie (Irving) is the point guard of the future there, and Ramon could go somewhere else and start.”
Sessions has been linked to the L.A. Lakers, who were expected to step up their pursuit of him during All-Star weekend. “But I don’t know if that really ever happened,” one source said.

Chicago’s C.J. Watson is another backup point guard about whom plenty of teams are asking. And while the Bulls are mostly pleased with his play, “they’ll certainly listen” to offers, said a source.

Along with all the talk about a potential Jermaine O’Neal-for-Michael Beasley swap, it appears Boston is suddenly taking (and perhaps making) calls about All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo. Numerous reports stated the Celtics will move Rondo at the right price. According to the Boston Globe, “it’s uncertain if the organization feels it can begin the post-Big Three era around Rondo.”

In case you missed it, the Celtics are also said to still hoping for a deal that will send O’Neal to Minnesota for Beasley. And why wouldn’t they? O’Neal is 33 years old and his best years are clearly behind him. He’s also somewhat injury prone (he’s currently out with a sprained wrist). Basically, he does little for them at the center position. Meanwhile, Beasley is a 23-year-old small forward, and while he’s posting career-lows in nearly every category this year, he is still viewed as someone with a big upside.

One NBA executive told FOX Sports Ohio the possibility exists that the Celtics could package Rondo and O’Neal together in a deal, “but not to Minnesota.” The source quickly added, “Just like always, right before the trading deadline, it’s really just talk. Most teams are having discussions. So I wouldn’t get too excited, particularly about the Rondo reports. They hardly feel desperate to move him.”

Dwight Howard wants Steve Nash. So much that Howard will stay in Orlando if the Magic are able to somehow land Phoenix’s veteran point guard. That’s according to a report from HoopsWorld, which claimed the Magic have been putting out feelers for Nash for some time. “Howard has asked the front office to pursue Nash and sources close to Howard believe he won’t exercise his early termination option if the team is able to acquire Nash and re-sign him this summer,” according to the report.

Nash is 38 years old, so it’s hard to wonder what the thinking might be here. Then again, he plays like someone 10-12 years younger. And hey, John Stockton didn't retire until the age of 43.

Golden State is among the teams desperately trying to make a deal, and there has even been speculation of a Stephen Curry-for-Rondo swap (although others would have to be involved). Other reports have Monta Ellis going to the Magic, but multiple sources say that seems highly unlikely -- as the Magic won’t offer what the Warriors are seeking

ksuttonjr76
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM

On principles, I wouldn't trade David West to any team. He shunned a lot of teams to sign with us at bargin price. Call me crazy, but I feel the Pacers owe him this year to play for us. Unless of course he was the missing piece to a Dwight Howard trade, then cya!

spreedom
03-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Strange thinking indeed, because I don't think Nash alone solves many problems for Orlando. And FWIW Stockton was actually 41 when he retired. I can see Nash playing beyond that age if he wants to. And from the looks of things, unless he hits a huge wall, he might stay really productive too.

90'sNBARocked
03-01-2012, 02:54 PM

LOL

You really think after the D Will drama , they would take a risk on a guy like Rondo and all his baggage? Or risk Rondo would be unhappy in Utah?

It could be a possibility, but I would be more than surprised

Steagles
03-01-2012, 02:56 PM
I would want Josh as a backup.

PaulGeorge
03-01-2012, 03:08 PM
On principles, I wouldn't trade David West to any team. He shunned a lot of teams to sign with us at bargin price. Call me crazy, but I feel the Pacers owe him this year to play for us. Unless of course he was the missing piece to a Dwight Howard trade, then cya!

West can veto any trade and he most certainly would if we tried to send him to a team starting to rebuild.

Team Indy
03-01-2012, 03:14 PM

So the Lakers gave away a piece that could have gotten them an elite point guard.

Sparhawk
03-01-2012, 03:18 PM
So the Lakers gave away a piece that could have gotten them an elite point guard.

ha!

Pacerized
03-01-2012, 03:21 PM
West can veto any trade and he most certainly would if we tried to send him to a team starting to rebuild.

To my knowledge the only player in the NBA with a veto clause in his contract is Kobe. I think West would have to go to what ever team he's traded to if it happens.

pacer4ever
03-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Link?? Highly doubt he was given a no trade

I never read he got a no trade clause and I highly doubt Bird would give him one and if he did im sure it would of been in the news

PGisthefuture
03-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Link?? Highly doubt he was given a no trade

I never read he got a no trade clause and I highly doubt Bird would give him one and if he did im sure it would of been in the news

Only guy that can deny a trade on our team is the great Jeff Foster.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7633336/nba-march-1-milestone-officially-opens-trading-season

The Sleeze
03-01-2012, 03:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7633200

Tom Penn was on Mike and Mike this morning. He is a basketball operations expert on advanced analytics, salary cap, and the CBA. He discussed what Dallas has to do to bring in Dwight and Darren, and then talks about Rajon Rondo.

The whole thing is about 16 minutes long but the Rondo part starts a little after 8 minutes in. He says since most of the Celtics roster is expiring this year they have a ton of money coming off the books. Pierce and Rondo would be the only significant contracts left. They would already have over 20+ million in cap room. By moving Rondo that could give them even more money to try and bring in Deron Williams and Dwight Howard to play alongside Paul Pierce.

They would forfeit this year but the payoff would be huge.

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7633200

Tom Penn was on Mike and Mike this morning. He is a basketball operations expert on advanced analytics, salary cap, and the CBA. He discussed what Dallas has to do to bring in Dwight and Darren, and then talks about Rajon Rondo.

The whole thing is about 16 minutes long but the Rondo part starts a little after 8 minutes in. He says since most of the Celtics roster is expiring this year they have a ton of money coming off the books. Pierce and Rondo would be the only significant contracts left. They would already have over 20+ million in cap room. By moving Rondo that could give them even more money to try and bring in Deron Williams and Dwight Howard to play alongside Paul Pierce.

They would forfeit this year but the payoff would be huge.

Not only that but they could also sign KG and Ray for veteran minimum.

Dwill, Ray,Pierce,KG, Howard? Not bad.

TheDon
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Doc Rivers: No talk of Rajon Rondo deal

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7634903/doc-rivers-confident-rajon-rondo-remain-boston-celtics

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Doc Rivers spent an hour and a half with Danny Ainge before Wednesday's win over Milwaukee, but the Boston Celtics (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/bos/boston-celtics) coach says they never discussed trading point guard Rajon Rondo (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3026/rajon-rondo).

"... In all that time we did not talk once about any trades," Rivers said. "There was not one single thing about Rajon Rondo that crossed my desk."

Rivers said Thursday afternoon he is irked by reports the Celtics were aggressively shopping his mercurial point guard and frustrated that his relationship with Rondo is being cited as one of the reasons Boston is willing to part with him.

"My relationship with Rajon is as strong as it has ever been," he said. "Our communication has never been better. I want him here. I can say with almost 100 percent certainty he will be here with us when the season ends. I'm tired of this stuff. It's not fair."

As the March 15 trading deadline inches closer, Rondo's name will continue to be brought up. Boston did use Rondo as trade bait in an attempt to acquire point guard Chris Paul (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2779/chris-paul) during the preseason, but the All-Star veteran ended up in Los Angeles with the Clippers instead.

Team and league sources said that while the Celtics were willing to part with Rondo if it yielded someone of Paul's caliber, they are not actively trying to unload him. Two general managers initially involved in the Rondo-Paul trade talks as a potential third party confirmed Thursday they have not received any calls in recent months from Boston regarding their point guard.

Rondo's uneven demeanor has been a constant topic of discussion throughout his career, from his days at Kentucky when he butted heads with coach Tubby Smith to his time with Boston. Early in his career, Rivers actually hauled Rondo into his office and informed him, "Your own teammates can't stand you. You need to fix that."

According to his coach and his teammates, Rondo took that advice to heart and tried to be more communicative with and responsive to his fellow Celtics. He, along with his more decorated Big Three teammates, went on to win a title in 2008.
"Rondo is a moody guy," said one Celtics official, "but so what? Stand in line. There's a league full of NBA guys who are more high maintenance than he is.

"He's a real competitor, wants to get better and he's a real gamer. Doc loves the fact that Rondo will fight through anything to be out on the court."

In fact, said Celtics sources, if there is any friction regarding Rondo, it could well be between him and his veteran teammates, who have publicly conceded that this is now Rondo's team, but still become occasionally irritated with his antics. His outburst on Feb. 19 when he threw the ball at referee Sean Wright and was given a two-game suspension was not well received, nor was his anger over his initial All-Star snub. Rondo eventually was named to the team to replace the injured Joe Johnson (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1007/joe-johnson).
The Celtics will continue to listen to offers for all of their players as the deadline approaches, with veteran Ray Allen (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/9/ray-allen) continuing to draw the most interest.

Ainge has consistently said he will always listen to offers, but added Thursday, "That's a lot different from saying we're shopping a player. We aren't. We are not out there trying to trade Rajon Rondo."

BringJackBack
03-01-2012, 04:09 PM
The cat is already out of the hat, Ainge. :laugh:

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah I call BS on that one, not wonder why Rondo is pissed.

LetsTalkPacers
03-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Can we just pick up Kaman on the cheap and win some playoff games please.

Hicks
03-01-2012, 04:13 PM
From a team chemistry POV, if we traded West for Rondo, I would be sick. Figuratively, and quite possibly literally as well.

MiaDragon
03-01-2012, 04:18 PM
From a team chemistry POV, if we traded West for Rondo, I would be sick. Figuratively, and quite possibly literally as well.

Ditto, I want no part of him.

PacerGuy
03-01-2012, 04:25 PM
IMO you need West here to "police"/ mentor Rondo into his new environment.
I imagine getting Rondo away from Garnett & Pierce couldn't hurt either. IMO Danny Paul, Jeff, & West are better character guys.

Ratking
03-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Orlando trying to get Monta to pair with Howard...made me realize how lacking Orlando is in regards to trade chips after Howard. If I was the Warriors, I would probably entertain trading Ellis for Ryan Anderson, Orton (for his 2k12 potential), and Turkoglu.

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 04:30 PM

:eyebrow2:

Ratking
03-01-2012, 04:33 PM
IMO you need West here to "police"/ mentor Rondo into his new environment.
I imagine getting Rondo away from Garnett & Pierce couldn't hurt either. IMO Danny Paul, Jeff, & West are better character guys.

I wonder how effective West would be as a mentor to Rondo, though. Rondo would come here expecting to be the man in the locker-room, and probably doesn't think anyone on our roster has the right to mentor him on or off the court. If Rondo became a vocal, supportive leader, that confident figure would be a fine attribute for our team. I'd like to get Rondo here if it means pairing him with Paul George and one of our current bigs (preferably Hibbert).

CJ Jones
03-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I think the board is going a little overboard with the team chemistry stuff. It's not that important. JMO

RWB
03-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I think the board is going a little overboard with the team chemistry stuff. It's not that important. JMO

I respectfully disagree and think chemistry is VERY important.

TheDavisBrothers
03-01-2012, 04:38 PM

I would disagree, there is a reason why some teams overrach their "talent levels" and others don't ever reach theirs

Hypnotiq
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Steve Kyler
They are being prudent… they want a two guard type scorer and maybe some depth… but they won;t break up whats working to do anything and they have tons of space to absorb if something comes their way.

They have been scouting a lot of guys, so I would expect them to be active, just don’t expect anything crazy from Indiana.

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Got beat by Hypnotiq, here is the link.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-rumors-chat-with-steve-kyler-3112

Ace E.Anderson
03-01-2012, 04:45 PM

I agree with you. I think chemistry is very important but only when it comes to really good teams. If you have a chance to make a talent upgrade,or to acquire players that will make the team better, then you should do it, end of story.

What's more important, the chemistry of a potential second round playoff team, or the opportunity to make a change that pushes you into a true Conference Finals type of contender?

CJ Jones
03-01-2012, 04:47 PM
I respectfully disagree and think chemistry is VERY important.

I would disagree, there is a reason why some teams overrach their "talent levels" and others don't ever reach theirs

I should have been more clear.

On court chemistry is important. Off court chemistry or being friends... not so much.

RWB
03-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Still disagree, we've been down the in love with talent road before.... not good.

Hicks
03-01-2012, 04:52 PM
:eyebrow2:

I cannot believe this confuses a single one of you.

TheDavisBrothers
03-01-2012, 04:54 PM
I should have been more clear.

On court chemistry is important. Off court chemistry or being friends... not so much.

Tell that to Jameer Nelson :laugh:

Ace E.Anderson

It's one thing to acquire a bunch of players that do the same types of things (I.E NY and their plethora of ISO scorers) but it's another thing when you're talking about making trades to acquire players that fill a need/weakness on the team.

The types of names that have been tossed around on PD are players that shore up weaknesses that the Pacers have (perimeter shooting/scoring, backup post play, improved pg play)

If you have a chance to get a Rondo type of PG, you're not worried about chemistry issues. He has 2 skills (defense and passing) that the Pacers have lacked at the PG position since..well forever.

A lot of people are afraid to trade members of our core because they don't want to mess up team chemistry. But as we've seen with the Pre-Rose Baby Bulls, and the current Atlanta Hawks team, if you stick with a middling team for too long w/o adding talent when available, then a middling team is all you're ever going to be. I'd rather shoot for something better. But that's just me.

vnzla81
Still disagree, we've been down the in love with talent road before.... not good.

We also went down the milk drinkers road and didn't work either.... to be successful you have to be able to mix and match both, not trading a player that is probably going to be playing in another team in 2 years and is going to be 33 years old for a top 5 point guard because our "team chemistry" is going to suffer is just ridiculous.

graphic-er
03-01-2012, 04:56 PM
I'll get blasted for saying this. But I'd consider trading Hibbert for Rondo straight up. Rondo is that good in my opinion, and I'm not sold on Roy's consistency yet.

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 04:57 PM
It's one thing to acquire a bunch of players that do the same types of things (I.E NY and their plethora of ISO scorers) but it's another thing when you're talking about making trades to acquire players that fill a need/weakness on the team.

The types of names that have been tossed around on PD are players that shore up weaknesses that the Pacers have (perimeter shooting/scoring, backup post play, improved pg play)

If you have a chance to get a Rondo type of PG, you're not worried about chemistry issues. He has 2 skills (defense and passing) that the Pacers have lacked at the PG position since..well forever.

A lot of people are afraid to trade members of our core because they don't want to mess up team chemistry. But as we've seen with the Pre-Rose Baby Bulls, and the current Atlanta Hawks team, if you stick with a middling team for too long w/o adding talent when available, then a middling team is all you're ever going to be. I'd rather shoot for something better. But that's just me.

Thank you.

TheDon
03-01-2012, 04:57 PM
I really have to say looking back on where we've been and where we are now how far we have come. If Larry manages to pull off some crazy lopsided trade (i.e. Murphy trade) and it allows us to hold tight to the the 3rd seed and legitimately compete for the 2nd seed, he's got to win some type of award, so does Vogel. Although, what Popovich is doing in San Antonio is pretty damn respectable.

Will Galen
03-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Ditto, I want no part of him.

Double Ditto! I'm with the guys that are showing common sense!

Ask yourself these questions?

What are the hardest two positions to fill on an NBA team?

Answer; Center and point guard.

Why would the Celtics want to trade a point guard that regularly gets triple doubles?

Before you answer you need to realize the Celtic brass have way more basketball savvy than you do. Answer; He has to be more trouble than he's worth.

After the "Brawl" team why would the Pacers trade for, or even want such a troublesome player?

The answer is obvious! They wouldn't.

Would the Pacers even consider trading for Rondo?

Answer: Very unlikely! Only if it was a 'no brainer' trade, meaning they get Rondo so cheap that it doesn't cost them their present core pieces.

How likely is it that the Celtics would trade Rondo to the Pacers without getting some core pieces back?

Answer: No chance! They would trade him elsewhere.

Now, how about more rumors and less rehashing of opinions? PLEASE!

TheDavisBrothers
03-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I'll get blasted for saying this. But I'd consider trading Hibbert for Rondo straight up. Rondo is that good in my opinion, and I'm not sold on Roy's consistency yet.

I would really like Rondo on our team and and not to concerned about his chemistry issues, but I wouldn't trade Hibbert for him. I do believe that Rondo is clearly the better player overall, but you JUST DO NOT TRADE A SOLID YOUNG CENTER imo

CJ Jones
03-01-2012, 05:02 PM

The team I think you're referring to was one of the best Pacers teams ever, and they had great off court chemistry. Remember Club Rio... :-p.

I don't see how that's an example of a team with bad chemistry. They might not have been the nicest or smartest group of players, but that has nothing to do with chemistry.

Roaming Gnome
03-01-2012, 05:03 PM

:puke:

Yeah, Roy is not Olajuwon or Ewing, but come on...

McKeyFan
03-01-2012, 05:04 PM

When I think of trading any one of PG, Hibbert, West, or Granger for Rondo, straight up, I get emotionally involved and don't want to.

But it would probably be a smart move—any one of them straight up—and I probably wouldn't complain if Bird did it. It's just hard to be a proponent of it.

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA
The Boston Celtics have been very active in trade talks. League sources expect Boston to make a trade at some point in the next two weeks.

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 05:10 PM

Yeah I wouldn't trade Roy or PG for Rondo they are untouchable, everybody else? I'm open for it.

edit:The idea would have to build a team around Rondo, PG and Roy.

trey
03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Man I hope Bird doesn't think the same way as some of you. Rondo is so overpriced it's not even funny. He would not be an all-star on the pacers roster, you can't expect rondo to be the number 1 option on any team. He's a a great point guard, a great defender, but he will NEVER be able to carry a team in any fashion. You MUST surround him with great players for him to succeed. Giving up any of our best players for him would be a huge mistake and a huge step backwards for this team.

TheDavisBrothers
03-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Man I hope Bird doesn't think the same way as some of you. Rondo is so overpriced it's not even funny. He would not be an all-star on the pacers roster, you can't expect rondo to be the number 1 option on any team. He's a a great point guard, a great defender, but he will NEVER be able to carry a team in any fashion. You MUST surround him with great players for him to succeed. Giving up any of our best players for him would be a huge mistake and a huge step backwards for this team.

nobody expects him to carry this team, he would have a great supporting cast around him, probably better then Boston's at this point, and he is an all-star with them this year...

bshall
03-01-2012, 05:15 PM
To the people saying we should trade David West

Indy is already one of the last places free agents want to sign, trading West months after he signed with us is no way to improve your chances with free agents down the line.

Hypnotiq
03-01-2012, 05:17 PM

yeah 10 mil a year for rondo for the next 4 years if overpriced okay. :o

and why the hell do we need rondo to be the number one option ?

trey
03-01-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm just saying it'd be a bad move to give up george, granger, west, or hibbert for rondo. now if we could get rondo with those guys still on our team, we'd be a contender.

Ace E.Anderson
03-01-2012, 05:21 PM

I don't remember his exact salary,but the fact that he's paid LESS than Danny Granger puts your point to shame. Rondo is a top5 or 6 PG at a time that this position is at an absolute premium.

I'd agree with you that he's not a number 1 option, but nobody said he'd be that if he came to the Pacers. He would be the exact same player for us, that he is for the celtics..a catalyst. He would get our scorers easier opportunities, and he would play elite level defense against tbe likes of Rose, Irving and Williams.

PacerGuy
03-01-2012, 05:22 PM
I wonder how effective West would be as a mentor to Rondo, though. Rondo would come here expecting to be the man in the locker-room, and probably doesn't think anyone on our roster has the right to mentor him on or off the court. If Rondo became a vocal, supportive leader, that confident figure would be a fine attribute for our team. I'd like to get Rondo here if it means pairing him with Paul George and one of our current bigs (preferably Hibbert).

Mentor is not the word that best fits, but its close. I used that moreso for D.West. I differ w/ you about Rondo expecting to be the lockerroom voice. Getting traded & put in a new environment would likely not change his on-court leadership, but in a new locker room it might. Besides, do we even know what Rondo's locker room presence he has? I dont. I do know I like him as a distributor and his D. IMO if we are gonna ever challenge for the East, we need a defensive elite PG. DC will never be that. DC is just not a starter on a championship team, unless he is paired w/ LeBron, Wade, & Bosh.

QuickRelease
03-01-2012, 05:41 PM
reily (http://@pirateregime)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/sources-hornets-want-pick-for-kaman (http://www.hoopsworld.com/sources-hornets-want-pick-for-kaman). if this is true Celtics must get him KG can’t play center for the rest of the year or they don’t wanna give up any picks? Trade RayAL for Mike beas & WesJohn…Keep RONDO.Would you blow up the big 3 now or wait this offseason?

Steve Kyler (http://www.hoopsworld.com/)

Kaman costs $14 million… the Hornets want a draft pick as the core of compensation… but you still have to send back salary.
I wait eight more games and see where I am… if I go .500 then I am blowing up the team… if I get it together and go 7-1, then I stay the course.
The Celtics are four games out of first in the Atlantic… I don’t do anything now… I wait until its clear where I am headed.

Is Kaman more valuable to us than what we would come away with in the 2012 Draft?

Lance George
03-01-2012, 05:53 PM
From RealGM (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1164907&start=75#p30669216)...

Aing is on WEEI right now. Here is how the interview started out:

"any truth to the rumors danny?"

"nope"

"elaborate?"

"rondo is our best player, our future, there is no way we are actively trying to trade rondo. it makes no sense for us to do that. we are getting calls, we are not making calls for him. i have made ZERO calls to try and trade him, and I won't."

Anthem
03-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Good point. They're a natural destination for him.

jeffg-body
03-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't think we will have a problem offering less for Rondo now that they have let the cat out of the bag that they don't want him there anymore.

Anthem
03-01-2012, 05:59 PM
I cannot believe this confuses a single one of you.
:laugh: What's funny, though, is if I had asked you ahead of time to pick who on the board would say "Chemistry doesn't matter, it's all about talent" I bet you'd have nailed the list. I know I would have.

Ratking
03-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Could it be reasonable that Rondo went to the front office and said "I dont want to be part of a rebuilding effort in my prime". I wouldn't blame him if he did. Boston needs to blow the team up, and he might have just made it known to management that he doesn't want to wait 5 years for the team to be a contender again. It seems reasonable that there are no personality issues with Rondo.

He just isn't going to be a saint and sit around for five years as Boston sits around with the fodder they can get in trade for the aging big three. I think he'd love to be part of a young team that has a chance to contend while he is in his prime years. Pacers are certainly a strong candidate for that.

OlBlu
03-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Could it be reasonable that Rondo went to the front office and said "I dont want to be part of a rebuilding effort in my prime". I wouldn't blame him if he did. Boston needs to blow the team up, and he might have just made it known to management that he doesn't want to wait 5 years for the team to be a contender again. It seems reasonable that there are no personality issues with Rondo.

He just isn't going to be a saint and sit around for five years as Boston sits around with the fodder they can get in trade for the aging big three. I think he'd love to be part of a young team that has a chance to contend while he is in his prime years. Pacers are certainly a strong candidate for that.

He doesn't want to come to Indiana. This team is mediocre or a little better now, they would be a bit better with him but they are still a long way from competing for a championship..........:cool:

90'sNBARocked
03-01-2012, 06:38 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/

Eric P

I believe the Pacers actually HAVE to spend some money before the deadline to meet league minimum payroll. Hear any rumblings out there? We sure good use a scoreer off the bench

Mark Nugent

What I’ve seen and heard is they are hoping to make some kind of move at the deadline. They hope to add a player thru trade by absorbing his contract into their cap space. Whether this happens or not I have no idea, but that’s the latest I’ve heard.

Hmmmm...............

MiaDragon
03-01-2012, 06:43 PM
He doesn't want to come to Indiana. This team is mediocre or a little better now, they would be a bit better with him but they are still a long way from competing for a championship..........:cool:

http://i.imgur.com/5Qu6k.gif
......:cool:

vnzla81
03-01-2012, 06:44 PM
:laugh: What's funny, though, is if I had asked you ahead of time to pick who on the board would say "Chemistry doesn't matter, it's all about talent" I bet you'd have nailed the list. I know I would have.

Team chemistry is overrated on this board, do you know what is the best medicine for "team chemistry"? winning, yes that's right winning, or we forgot that we had a team filled with a bunch of milk drinkers and the "team chemistry" was crap, why? BECAUSE WE WERE LOSING, we even had a "team chemistry" type of guy in Posey and at the end he was even yelling at Vogel.

The Celtics "team chemistry" was great until they started losing, the same thing with the Lakers, right now we have great "team chemistry" so tell me what was that few weeks ago when according to reports everybody was arguing? why they were arguing? probably because they were losing?

Don't get me wrong I don't want to build a team with a bunch of crazy players like we did in the past but getting scared to adquired a player that's better than anything we have because of "team chemistry" is crazy talk if you ask me.

ksuttonjr76
03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
I would really like Rondo on our team and and not to concerned about his chemistry issues, but I wouldn't trade Hibbert for him. I do believe that Rondo is clearly the better player overall, but you JUST DO NOT TRADE A SOLID YOUNG 7'2" CENTER imo

Fixed.

ksuttonjr76
03-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm just saying it'd be a bad move to give up george, granger, west, or hibbert for rondo. now if we could get rondo with those guys still on our team, we'd be a contender.

I do believe a good majority of us is saying that. Paul George and Roy Hibbert are solid young players, and Indiana is showing loyalty to David West and Danny Granger. I would pass on the trade, before I would give up any of those players up and take my chances with acquiring Deron Williams during the offseason. We're already 3rd in the Eastern Conference without him, so we'll be alright for the reason of the season. We're just trying to improve our defense and court awareness at the PG spot, and put a scare in the Miami Heat and Chicago Bulls.

We would have Miami beaten at 2 starting positions (PG and C), and Chicago beaten at the SG spot. If Rondo can slow down Derrick Rose even a little bit, then we can better utilize Paul George to cause defensive havoc in the passing lanes with his length. As for Miami, I would have Paul George and Danny Granger zero on either Wade or Lebron, and hope West and Hibbert can shut down Bosh. Rondo allows us to use Paul George more effectively on defense.

Justin Tyme
03-01-2012, 07:18 PM

The Pacers tried this once b4, Artest & Jackson, and how did that workout? Ask Herb Simon! It's easy to take chances with something when you don't have anything invested in it.

Justin Tyme
03-01-2012, 07:21 PM
We also went down the milk drinkers road and didn't work either.... to be successful you have to be able to mix and match both, not trading a player that is probably going to be playing in another team in 2 years and is going to be 33 years old for a top 5 point guard because our "team chemistry" is going to suffer is just ridiculous.

Which one cost Herb Simon millions and almost ruined one of the best sports franchises? It wasn't the milk drinkers!

Justin Tyme
03-01-2012, 07:24 PM

Who is going to take Hibbert place as starting Center? 1 game played in 4 Foster? Lou?

mildlysane
03-01-2012, 07:32 PM
You do realize we are 3rd in the East, right? We are a little better than "mediocre." Stop trolling...it is very childish...........:cool:

graphic-er
03-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Who is going to take Hibbert place as starting Center? 1 game played in 4 Foster? Lou?

Well ideally Bird would go ahead and get Kamen, and then sign a good defending big man in the offseason.

OlBlu
03-01-2012, 07:45 PM
You do realize we are 3rd in the East, right? We are a little better than "mediocre." Stop trolling...it is very childish...........:cool:

The east is very weak and we are playing over our heads. As the season winds down, I expect this team to come back to the back a bit and finish perhaps five games over .500... That isn't bad considering where they came from. Why is it being a troll to add a little dose of reality once in a while. Some folks here drink some koolaid and if the Pacers go on another five game losing streak, they will be crying the blues (and gold)............:cool:

DieHard
03-01-2012, 07:48 PM
The east is very weak and we are playing over our heads. As the season winds down, I expect this team to come back to the back a bit and finish perhaps five games over .500... That isn't bad considering where they came from. Why is it being a troll to add a little dose of reality once in a while. Some folks here drink some koolaid and if the Pacers go on another five game losing streak, they will be crying the blues (and gold)............:cool:

Are you a fan of this team? Serious question.

Hypnotiq
03-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Anyone interested in Austin Daye from Detroit ?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/bynum-daye-preparing-for-trade-talk

i kinda like him can play a few positions

Anthem
03-01-2012, 07:57 PM
:laugh: Dude, just put him on ignore and move on. A troll is like a raccoon... feed 'em and they stick around.

Anthem
03-01-2012, 08:00 PM
For what?

If he's free? Absolutely. For a first round pick? No way.

ksuttonjr76
03-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Are you a fan of this team? Serious question.

I can answer that for him...H*ll naw! They need to fix the ignore button. It doesn't prevent people from quoting him :( .

As a side note, we're currently 7-3 against the Western Conference.

CableKC
03-01-2012, 08:03 PM

http://www.hoopsworld.com/bynum-daye-preparing-for-trade-talk

i kinda like him can play a few positions
As a Last resort...i'd trade a 1st for him.

bballpacen
03-01-2012, 08:05 PM
:laugh: Dude, just put him on ignore and move on. A troll is like a raccoon... feed 'em and they stick around.
I have never blocked any one on any of the forums that I have been involved in... However, this dude is going to be the first.... That is, as soon as someone tells me where the ignore buttone is... STAT!!

Edit... Figured it out...