PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

vnzla81
02-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Nice to see the guys destroying a horrible team, great game by everybody.

Jessen
02-28-2012, 09:30 PM
I agree. It was very nice to have the team roll over the competition following the All-Star break. Hopefully the same team shows up tomorrow night :)

Psyren
02-28-2012, 09:32 PM
I agree. It was very nice to have the team roll over the competition following the All-Star break. Hopefully the same team shows up tomorrow night :)

We don't play tomorrow night.

Mr_Smith
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Supreme Victory! (in my killer instinct voice)

LoneGranger33
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Golden State shot 34% from the field. That's gonna help our team's defensive stats.

All the starters scored a 29 or better in the plus-minus category.

People fouled Tyler Hansbrough and the refs called them too! How often does that happen!?

Paul George: 11 pts, 9 rbs, 5 ast, 4 stl, 1 blk (Bold signifies a team high)

vnzla81
02-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Golden State shot 34% from the field. That's gonna help our team's defensive stats.

All the starters scored a 29 or better in the plus-minus category.

People fouled Tyler Hansbrough and the refs called them too! How often does that happen!?

I think they called the Tyler fouls because they were actually fouling the crap out of him ;)

TheDon
02-28-2012, 09:37 PM
tomorrow spurs plays bulls, hawks play warriors, and sixers play thunder...it'd be awesome if the bulls, hawks, and sixers ended up losing.

Anthem
02-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Paul is so fun to watch. I can see him really flourishing as a super-utility-role player the remainder of this year. This seems much more repeatable than his 30-point night.

And Danny's lob in for the PG jam was epic. That's clearly a play they've practiced... I hope we see it more often.

Anthem
02-28-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm really looking forward to Mr. LeWorm's thoughts on this game... I know he was pretty excited to watch it tonight.

Nuntius
02-28-2012, 09:41 PM

It seems like a lot of our guys had 9 rebounds tonight. Roy, George and Hansbrough had them and Price was on pace as well (4 boards in 11 minutes).

Also, I loved that all of our starters had 2 assists or more. Roy and Danny with 2, West with 4 and PG along with DC with 5 is excellent. No wonders that they run up their score with the way they were sharing the ball. The offense run very smooth tonight :)

On an irrelevant note. Chris Wright had an amazing showing during garbage time. 9 points, 6 rebounds, 4 blocks and 1 steal are a nice output. He also went to the line a lot. 7 FTs in 12 minutes is nothing to laugh at. Of course, Lou being a foul magnet helped a lot but he played pretty well for a guy that went undrafted.

Hicks
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
A fun, satisfying, decisive victory. I could handle watching a few more like this!

Paul George can be so fun to watch on both sides of the floor.

LoneGranger33
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
And Danny's lob in for the PG jam was epic. That's clearly a play they've practiced... I hope we see it more often.

Generally, my favorite connections are Hibbert to Danny plays, but that might have been the best/easiest assist of the season.

AesopRockOn
02-28-2012, 09:45 PM
On an irrelevant note. Chris Wright had an amazing showing during garbage time. 9 points, 6 rebounds, 4 blocks and 1 steal are a nice output. He also went to the line a lot. 7 FTs in 12 minutes is nothing to laugh at. Of course, Lou being a foul magnet helped a lot but he played pretty well for a guy that went undrafted.

Is it ironic that the Warriors seem to be so good at sniffing out talented undrafted players but cut the one that changed puns for a two-three month period?

vnzla81
02-28-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm really looking forward to Mr. LeWorm's thoughts on this game... I know he was pretty excited to watch it tonight.

Leworm when into his Lehole I think.

Pacersalltheway10
02-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Monta who?

Pacer Fan
02-28-2012, 09:50 PM
That was a very impressive victory!

Nuntius
02-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Is it ironic that the Warriors seem to be so good at sniffing out talented undrafted players but cut the one that changed puns for a two-three month period?

If the Knicks used Lin in the way that the Warriors used him then they'd cut him as well.

Actually, I think that they were quite lucky to have D'Anthony who just said "give him the ball" and it worked :D

cdash
02-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Good night for teams rocking "Indiana" on the front of their jerseys.

ilive4sports
02-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Paul is so fun to watch. I can see him really flourishing as a super-utility-role player the remainder of this year. This seems much more repeatable than his 30-point night.

If only Danny was the guy making the pass in the dunk contest and not Dahanty... But I agree with PG becoming that all around stat stuff more regularly this year. He's great when it comes to ball movement and is getting better at making the right play. He's so damn talented.

Nuntius
02-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Monta who?

Picking on vnzla can be very fun but in that particular game I'd have no problem with Monta shooting 50 times. The rest of the team couldn't buy a bucket to save their souls. Actually, Rush and Chris Wright were their most efficient scorers :p

Anthem
Also, I loved that all of our starters had 2 assists or more.
I thought Danny had two assists on fast breaks, plus the inbounds lob to Paul.

Do you not get an assist on an inbounds play?

Major Cold
Guys don't get too excited. Pacers suck.

Nuntius
02-28-2012, 10:01 PM
I thought Danny had two assists on fast breaks, plus the inbounds lob to Paul.

Do you not get an assist on an inbounds play?

I really have no idea.

By the way, NBA.com's Greek version used the following title for tonight's win:

Go, go Power (G)ranger!

This title is worthy of so many facepalms.

Anthem
02-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Leworm when into his Lehole I think.
It's a shame he missed on out the second half of the game. Any Pacer fan would have enjoyed it. :devil:

If only Danny was the guy making the pass in the dunk contest and not Dahanty...
Actually, that play was payback by Granger. The previous possession was a fastbreak 2-on-1 where Paul was at the 3-point line and Danny was underneath. Paul passed to Danny (who got the bucket and the foul) and after was teasing Danny about passing it back out for the slam. Danny laughed about it, but made sure to throw Paul the oop next time he got the ball.

ilive4sports
02-28-2012, 10:04 PM
I really have no idea.

By the way, NBA.com's Greek version used the following title for tonight's win:

Go, go Power (G)ranger!

This title is worthy of so many facepalms.

This is the best headline I have ever read. Why have we not thought of this before?

ilive4sports
02-28-2012, 10:06 PM
It's a shame he missed on out the second half of the game. Any Pacer fan would have enjoyed it. :devil:

Actually, that play was payback by Granger. The previous possession was a fastbreak 2-on-1 where Paul was at the 3-point line and Danny was underneath. Paul passed to Danny (who got the bucket and the foul) and after was teasing Danny about passing it back out for the slam. Danny laughed about it, but made sure to throw Paul the oop next time he got the ball.

My brother said the same thing. That has to be a, if not THE, top play on sports center tonight.

Sandman21
02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Nate Robinson fears Area55!

Anthem
02-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm trying to figure out what to take away from this game.

1. Vogel's right. If you heard him in the pre-game, he was talking about the difference between the Pacers being a first-round exit and a team that goes deep in the playoffs will be how well they learn to share the ball. The team took that to heart, and it really worked well for them tonight.

2. I'm not really sure how you improve the team without messing up the chemistry. A good backup 4-5 would go a long way... Tyler put up a good line tonight and Foster was Foster but I'm still continually nervous when Hibbert and West are out of the game. Heck, Tyler was the second leading scorer in a 24-point victory and still managed to be at -6 on +- for the night.

3. We're solid at every starting position. People knock Collison, and I admit I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him a long-term solution if he was 4 inches taller. But he absolutely is learning to be the floor general out there. When he gets into the game, everybody plays more confident. The team is learning to trust him, and he's learning to trust the team. He played well with the starters tonight and well with the reserves.

4. Looks like the Lance experiment is over, for now. We're in win now mode, which means Lance gets minutes in blowouts only. I think he can do more than that, but I'm not gonna argue with Vogel. If he can come back next fall with a jumpshot, he'll be doing himself a major favor.

Anthem
02-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Nate Robinson fears Area55!
Postgame press conference?

Sandman21
02-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Postgame press conference?

Nah, dude couldn't hit the broadside of a barn most of the night. Usually with Area 55 yelling SMURF at him.:laugh:

Heisenberg
02-28-2012, 10:28 PM
via 8 Points 9 Seconds (http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/2012/02/paul-george-flushes-an-inbounds-lob-with-authority/)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vqWnzOowkXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

graphic-er
02-28-2012, 10:36 PM
A great win tonight, but I can't help but notice that our Bench is futile. Our bench came in in the 1st qtr and the Warriors ran the score right back to even. Larry really needs to go out and get a scorer for that 2nd unit.

Midcoasted
02-28-2012, 10:38 PM
4. Looks like the Lance experiment is over, for now. We're in win now mode, which means Lance gets minutes in blowouts only. I think he can do more than that, but I'm not gonna argue with Vogel. If he can come back next fall with a jumpshot, he'll be doing himself a major favor.

I really think Lance is just going to take time to develop. He is 21 and in a contract year. I think the franchise plans to re-sign him for next year. But I think he is ineffective on offense without the ball in his hands. I can't believe they are still playing him at the 2. He is only good with the ball in his hands not standing in a corner. The team might plan on saving him for a later time.

He is easily our best defensive point guard outside of George Hill. He is definitely stronger than Hill though and has a better knack for the ball defensively. Almost like Paul George but unpolished. If we put him on the best point guards I think he will get confidence and defend them just fine in the future. His arms are long and he has shown he has good hands. This is just my opinion, but I think Lance looks great at point. He really looks out of place at the 2. And the arguments were the opposite. Am I seeing it backwards?

Anyways great win tonight. 22-12!!! Number 3 in the East!!! Hornets coming up! I'm really looking forward to the hard part of the schedule if we can handle the Hornets. Everyone looked good tonight. And people still say we have no/need more talent? Sure if we can use our cap space to get a steal we do it. But I don't see Bird just throwing out cap space just because. It will be a good deal or it'll fall through.

Hicks
02-28-2012, 10:48 PM
A great win tonight, but I can't help but notice that our Bench is futile. Our bench came in in the 1st qtr and the Warriors ran the score right back to even. Larry really needs to go out and get a scorer for that 2nd unit.

Barbosa?

MaHa3000
02-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Roy Hibbert , at this point in his career, is a lot better then I ever thought he would be. I take back all those trade scenarios I have ever agreed with or suggested.

This team is a good backup center away from being a true contender.

But as the team is now, I think they will be able to hold off the end of season runs that Boston and New York are predicted to make. Third or fourth seed looks more and more like a reality IMO.

graphic-er
02-28-2012, 10:49 PM
3. We're solid at every starting position. People knock Collison, and I admit I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him a long-term solution if he was 4 inches taller. But he absolutely is learning to be the floor general out there. When he gets into the game, everybody plays more confident. The team is learning to trust him, and he's learning to trust the team. He played well with the starters tonight and well with the reserves.

I disagree, he looked great against the Warriors....its not like he was playing against NBA level defense. 5 assists is not enough from my starting PG. He was still dribbling around with the ball until 7-8 seconds left in the shot clock.

Ace E.Anderson
02-28-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm trying to figure out what to take away from this game.

1. Vogel's right. If you heard him in the pre-game, he was talking about the difference between the Pacers being a first-round exit and a team that goes deep in the playoffs will be how well they learn to share the ball. The team took that to heart, and it really worked well for them tonight.

2. I'm not really sure how you improve the team without messing up the chemistry. A good backup 4-5 would go a long way... Tyler put up a good line tonight and Foster was Foster but I'm still continually nervous when Hibbert and West are out of the game. Heck, Tyler was the second leading scorer in a 24-point victory and still managed to be at -6 on +- for the night.

I'm still not fully convinced about our team chemistry. We just blew out a bad team missing their second best player. It's hard to determine how good our team chemistry is when you lose 5 in a row (4 against good teams) and then win 5 in a row against pretty bad teams. If you have a chance to improve the team so that we are more competitive against the better teams, you do it!..but thats just me.

On a side note, I attended the game and it was great to see the team completely take it to an opponent at home. Idk how it came across on tv, but the crowd was into the game throughout. We looked impressive against a lowly team, but it was nice to be able to rest the starters in the 4th. 10 games over .500 with another game against a bad team (NO) we have a chance to be 11 games over .500 when we open our toughest stretch of the season next week.

BPump33
02-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Barbosa?

That would be my guess. It really sounds like we want to add someone of that mold and it sounds like Toronto wants to drop him. It's almost one of those things that makes too much sense.

Nuntius
02-28-2012, 10:54 PM
with another game against a bad team (NO)

The Hornets are not a bad team per se. They just cannot close out games or are willingly tanking during the final possessions. They are not as bad as their record indicates.

That's not to say that we should not beat them, though. It's just that it will not be a blow out. I expect a hard-fought W like last time.

Midcoasted
02-28-2012, 10:57 PM
And is this another one of our notorious 5 game winning streaks? I think so! I can't remember the last time we went on a 10 game tear. We should smash the Bobcats and if we could somehow beat the next 4 playoff teams I think the Fieldhouse would start seeing more sellouts.

BlueNGold
02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
My takeaway seems to be that our young talent including Roy, Paul and DC are all maturing quite well. There was a time not long ago that Roy Hibbert would fall down more often than grab a rebound. That has changed completely. He is now grabbing difficult boards...and he just continues to get stronger.

Paul has yet to really break out IMO. I've seen this all before folks. Reggie Miller surpassed Chuck Person quite early in his career...but still I see it coming. Paul is going to become the man on this team. Not this year, but next year we are going to see some level of equality between Danny and Paul. Ultimately, this will be Paul's team and we will go only as far as he will take us.

DC is a better basketball player this year. Not a big fan, but I have to admit he's playing well. Always an effective scorer and great handle...so not too much to complain about.

xBulletproof
02-28-2012, 10:59 PM
And is this another one of our notorious 5 game winning streaks? I think so! I can't remember the last time we went on a 10 game tear. We should smash the Bobcats and if we could somehow beat the next 4 playoff teams I think the Fieldhouse would start seeing more sellouts.

I doubt you see anymore sellouts until we win at least 1 playoff series. The season after that you should see some results.

That said, I'm just going to enjoy the prices I can find tickets for today, and keep going to games and sitting in the lower center sections for cheap.

Sookie
02-28-2012, 11:07 PM

I thought they were pretty blah as well. But the past three times that specific group had played together, they played really well. Their energy just seemed low tonight. I think they were treating it like garbage time from the beginning.

That said, I think they'll end up being a really good bench unit. Sort of like a goon squad redux (with GH replacing PG)

spazzxb
02-28-2012, 11:07 PM
I am waiting for the trade deadline to bother worrying much about the bench lineup. AJ's definitely getting his opportunity now, we can actually evaluate him starting in 2 games(I don't care what he did against the bobcats). Before we can worry about Lance, the team needs to sort out what they want to do with George Hill. I wouldn't say anything is done for the season yet, unless you are confident that George Hill won't be playing PG this season.

MagicRat
02-28-2012, 11:10 PM
This is the best headline I have ever read. Why have we not thought of this before?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=28042&page=2

DGPR
02-28-2012, 11:10 PM

It seems like somebody did............

Danny
Granger
Power
Ranger

docpaul
02-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Barbosa?

Previous 6th man of the year on a good Phoenix squad, languishing today on a <.300 team, and has an expiring contract? Yes please.

I think that might be a real kiss of death though for George Hill. They might have more luck signing Barbosa on a MLE-type of 3 year deal in the offseason. You start to wonder about what the plan is with Hill, as he's never really got himself into the groove.

I would guess that they're going to roll the dice on Hill and try to shore up the front court instead.

Nuntius
02-28-2012, 11:16 PM
It seems like somebody did............

Danny
Granger
Power
Ranger

:-o:-o:-o:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Day-V
02-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Good night for teams rocking "Indiana" on the front of their jerseys.

If we were to get technical here, only ONE team rocked "Indiana" on the front of their jerseys tonight...

TheDon
02-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Kaman would be super useful for us it's a shame that the hornets wised up and called him back to start playing.

he had 17 points 11 rebounds and 5 assists against the Bulls in Chicago

Asher99
02-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Tyler was the second leading scorer in a 24-point victory and still managed to be at -6 on +- for the night.

It all went down on a early thanks to Golden State's 13-0 run from the time Tyler dunked with 02:24 left in the first to when he shot a pair of FT with 10:11 left in the 2nd. Over the run we shot 0-for-4 from the field with 2 TO and 3 of our shots came from downtown while GSW also got back-to-back possessions to end the 1st and start the 2nd.

Unit Breakdown:
Tyler/Hill/Danny/DC/Roy -2
Tyler/Hill/Danny/AJ/Foster -7
Tyler/Hill/AJ/Foster/Jones -4

Day-V
02-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please:

http://www.mancavesports.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/bilde.jpg

That is all.

Anthem
02-28-2012, 11:58 PM
It all went down on a early thanks to Golden State's 13-0 run from the time Tyler dunked with 02:24 left in the first to when he shot a pair of FT with 10:11 left in the 2nd. Over the run we shot 0-for-4 from the field with 2 TO and 3 of our shots came from downtown while GSW also got back-to-back possessions to end the 1st and start the 2nd.

Unit Breakdown:
Tyler/Hill/Danny/DC/Roy -2
Tyler/Hill/Danny/AJ/Foster -7
Tyler/Hill/AJ/Foster/Jones -4
My goal's not to pile on Tyler, I like the kid. But at this point, if you're looking for ways to improve the team at the deadline, your best bet is getting a high-quality backup big man to soak up minutes behind Hibbert and West.

Sollozzo
02-29-2012, 12:06 AM
We definitely need to add a "big" big man, someone that could play substantial minutes off the bench at center. Foster is just too old and cannot be relied upon. Not having another C off the bench is our biggest weakness, IMO. We need someone not only for defense and rebounding, but also for 6 fouls a game in a playoff series.

I don't even care how high quality they are - I'm not picky at this point. If we can just get someone remotely adequate that could play 15 minutes a game and most importantly not miss a ton of games then we would be in much better shape for a playoff series. Foster simply cannot be counted on.

IAmHoosier
02-29-2012, 12:16 AM
Only 12,111 in attendance :shakehead

Anthem
02-29-2012, 12:17 AM
We need someone not only for defense and rebounding, but also for 6 fouls a game in a playoff series.

I don't even care how high quality they are - I'm not picky at this point. If we can just get someone remotely adequate that could play 15 minutes a game and most importantly not miss a ton of games then we would be in much better shape for a playoff series.
Aren't you just describing Lou here? I'd like to aim higher.

PaceBalls
02-29-2012, 12:20 AM
Roy really has taken it to a new level this year. He is really playing tough in the paint. Grabbing boards like a beast. Intimidating anyone coming near the hoop without fouling. We didn't see that very much before this year.

I agree with getting another Big guy, Kaman seems so obvious. I guess it all depends on what the Hornets new owner wants to do. Also, maybe Kaman doesn't want to play off the bench? But he would be perfect for the team. He seems like the last piece to the puzzle.

Shade
02-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Monta who?

Monta Ellis. You know, the guy who Danny Granger has now outscored in both meetings this season. :stirthepo

Sollozzo
02-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Aren't you just describing Lou here? I'd like to aim higher.

Agreed. I'd like to aim higher too and I'm sure Bird will try hard. But at the very least, we have to add someone, even if it's a guy who isn't very talented.

I don't think I'm describing Lou. Maybe I was describing his skill set. He is 6'9 225 and has a PF body, though he has to play out of position when Foster is out. If we can get someone heavier who is a couple of inches taller with a similar skill set, it would still be an improvement. We just need another big body badly. A body that legitimately qualifies as a center in this league, not a guy who has to play out of position because our 35 year old backup C is constantly out.

Asher99
02-29-2012, 12:36 AM
My goal's not to pile on Tyler, I like the kid. But at this point, if you're looking for ways to improve the team at the deadline, your best bet is getting a high-quality backup big man to soak up minutes behind Hibbert and West.

I'm not accusing you of piling on I'm just showing how Tyler/Hill got hit for bad plus/minus. Tonight's bad bench run was on lack of quality guard play against the zone that they put on our reserves. Our bench had just 3 assists all night and two of them came on the last two baskets we made in the game.

That poor play settling for jumpers along with Golden State having the ball first to start the run, having the ball to end the quarter and to start the 2nd quarter off scoring on all 3 possessions makes for a quick 13-0 run and deep hole to dig out of +/- wise.

If you want to make our bench and team better we could use one player who is a legit plus passer.

Eleazar
02-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Roy really has taken it to a new level this year. He is really playing tough in the paint. Grabbing boards like a beast. Intimidating anyone coming near the hoop without fouling. We didn't see that very much before this year.

I agree with getting another Big guy, Kaman seems so obvious. I guess it all depends on what the Hornets new owner wants to do. Also, maybe Kaman doesn't want to play off the bench? But he would be perfect for the team. He seems like the last piece to the puzzle.

I'm willing to bet Kaman would be willing to play back-up on a contending team, especially if he was playing 25+ minutes every night. Adding him to this team would make us a contender.

Anthem
02-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Monta Ellis. You know, the guy who Danny Granger has now outscored in both meetings this season. :stirthepo
And didn't the Pacers win both of those games?

And didn't Danny shoot a better percentage in both games? And have fewer turnovers? And more steals? And shoot more free throws?

:laugh:

Seriously, the loss of Curry puts the Warriors in a tough spot. The loss of Curry meant that the Pacers could really focus on shutting Monta down, which they were happy to do. Their offense if built around a double-threat backcourt, and with half of that threat missing, their gameplan really comes apart. Just like ours would if we spent a significant amount of time missing one of our All-star frontcourt players.

Anthem
02-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Agreed. I'd like to aim higher too and I'm sure Bird will try hard. But at the very least, we have to add someone, even if it's a guy who isn't very talented.

I don't think I'm describing Lou. Maybe I was describing his skill set. He is 6'9 225 and has a PF body, though he has to play out of position when Foster is out. If we can get someone heavier who is a couple of inches taller with a similar skill set, it would still be an improvement. We just need another big body badly. A body that legitimately qualifies as a center in this league, not a guy who has to play out of position because our 35 year old backup C is constantly out.
See, you're looking for a fifth big man. I'm saying I'd like a third.

Nuntius
02-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Their offense if built around a double-threat backcourt, and with half of that threat missing, their gameplan really comes apart.

The fact that their 3s weren't falling did not help them at all either. But yeah, you're right.

pacer4ever
02-29-2012, 02:23 AM
That would be my guess. It really sounds like we want to add someone of that mold and it sounds like Toronto wants to drop him. It's almost one of those things that makes too much sense.

If Barbosa is traded it will be here in the next few days Wilson Chandler is officially a free agent he met with the Raptors but they need to create cap room and do it soon,

Barbosa and a protected 1st to Indy

I dont think he makes the team too much better currently we already have G Hill in his role. Unless everyone thinks George can man the pg and I think in spot minutes he can but I doubt he can for 20mpg at a high level.

Nuntius
02-29-2012, 02:29 AM

For cap space? I'd do it without blinking.

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-29-2012, 03:38 AM
I saw Wells tweet that Rush got booed. Can anyone who was at the game confirm?

rexnom
02-29-2012, 03:49 AM
If Barbosa is traded it will be here in the next few days Wilson Chandler is officially a free agent he met with the Raptors but they need to create cap room and do it soon,

I dont think he makes the team too much better currently we already have G Hill in his role. Unless everyone thinks George can man the pg and I think in spot minutes he can but I doubt he can for 20mpg at a high level.
Didn't he basically do that in SA?

TheDon
02-29-2012, 03:51 AM

You could heart it on the tv, croshere even mentioned it at one point when Rush broke up the lob the DC was going to give to Paul. Croshere said "I think they're boo'ing the fact that they wanted to see Paul George dunk not at Brandon."

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-29-2012, 04:07 AM
You could heart it on the tv, croshere even mentioned it at one point when Rush broke up the lob the DC was going to give to Paul. Croshere said "I think they're boo'ing the fact that they wanted to see Paul George dunk not at Brandon."

I missed the first half, and I didn't notice it in the second half.

So they were just booing Rush for breaking up the lob?

Day-V
02-29-2012, 04:09 AM

Yup. He got booed. Pacers.com has video afterwards asking him about it. He was kinda shocked. I think it genuinely hurt his feelings.

Heisenberg
02-29-2012, 04:14 AM
booing Rush was just stupid, especially after some of the characters this fanbase has endured

TheDon
02-29-2012, 04:16 AM
I missed the first half, and I didn't notice it in the second half.

So they were just booing Rush for breaking up the lob?

not just for that it continued on afterwords seemed like everytime he touched the ball or scored

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Yup. He got booed. Pacers.com has video afterwards asking him about it. He was kinda shocked. I think it genuinely hurt his feelings.

Thanks, I just checked it out. I don't know if it hurt his feelings, but he should be shocked. I'm surprised he got booed too.

For all the talk about fans not knowing who is on this team, for them to boo Rush doesn't make sense.

Day-V
02-29-2012, 04:36 AM
Thanks, I just checked it out. I don't know if it hurt his feelings, but he should be shocked. I'm surprised he got booed too.

For all the talk about fans not knowing who is on this team, for them to boo Rush doesn't make sense.

It was a weird thing. It wasn't a loud booing, per se. Still audible, mind you, but nothing like the booing a guy like Ron Artest or Ben Wallace have gotten when appearing at the Fieldhouse.

It seemed to be more of a "Booooo, we're really disappointed with you and how you turned out for us, Booooo." instead of a "BOOOOO! YOU SUCK! YOU'RE A ****ING POTHEAD! PUFF-PUFF-PASS, A**HOLE! BOOOOOOO!"

rexnom
02-29-2012, 05:54 AM
I like Rush. I think he's a good fit in Golden State and I think that the trade was great for all sides. Sad to see him booed.

D-BONE
02-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Didn't like GSW trade as far as talent we got back, but agree that there's no point in booing Rush. He doesn't deserve it. He was inconsistent, but never a bad guy with us, IMO. Too bad to hear this.

Heisenberg
02-29-2012, 06:29 AM
Didn't like GSW trade as far as talent we got back, but agree that there's no point in booing Rush. He doesn't deserve it. He was inconsistent, but never a bad guy with us, IMO. Too bad to hear this.
it's the Reggie curse. I don't know about you guys but I've spoken to more than a handful of fans that expect anyone that plays the 2 for the Pacers to be Reggie, more or less because they're dumb. Just wait, if PG's not winning MVPs in 3 years people'll be wanting to run him out of town.

And that trade was crap for us. Rush was, far as I know, well liked in the locker room. Was he a disappointment? Obviously. But we could certainly use a wing with legitimate size that plays great D and knocks down open 3s. I don't mean to disparage Lou but you can get his production from the D-League. We lost that trade.

McKeyFan
02-29-2012, 07:07 AM
I like Rush. I think he's a good fit in Golden State and I think that the trade was great for all sides. Sad to see him booed.
I'm guessing it is related to the suspension for pot.

Regardless of people's heated positions on both sides of the issue, the suspension greatly reinforced the perception that Brandon did not work hard to become a great player commensurate with his high spot in the draft.

That tangible incident just gave people something specific to latch on to in their disappointment.

I'm not arguing whether he should have been booed. I'm offering an explanation as to why.

15th parallel
02-29-2012, 08:41 AM
it's the Reggie curse. I don't know about you guys but I've spoken to more than a handful of fans that expect anyone that plays the 2 for the Pacers to be Reggie, more or less because they're dumb. Just wait, if PG's not winning MVPs in 3 years people'll be wanting to run him out of town.

And that trade was crap for us. Rush was, far as I know, well liked in the locker room. Was he a disappointment? Obviously. But we could certainly use a wing with legitimate size that plays great D and knocks down open 3s. I don't mean to disparage Lou but you can get his production from the D-League. We lost that trade.

It's partially Rush's fault to begin with. I remember an interview of him that he said he wanted to become Reggie Miller (or similar of that sort). Of course that set some high expectations from fans. While what he brings to the team is good defense-wise, he was drafted not to be just like Bruce Bowen, and that was just his downfall of some sort. His late-year bursts added also to that expectations that he'll be the next big scorer playing together with Danny at the wing.

pacer4ever
02-29-2012, 08:43 AM

No he played off of Manu. He didn't run the offense Manu did Hill hasn't shown he can run a offense at the NBA level. In SA he made his living hitting open shots and playing mostly the SG even when Manu was in. We tried to have him run the offense this season but it failed IMO.

EDIT: Not having Manu to playin the playoffs last year killed them. Because not only they lost their starting SG and playmaker. But they lost their 2nd unit leader and that really hurt and forced Hill to play pg and that is reason they got whooped Manu is so valuable to that team.

I guess I am the only fan that likes Rush I would never boo him was happy to see him last night.

Heisenberg
02-29-2012, 09:08 AM
It's partially Rush's fault to begin with. I remember an interview of him that he said he wanted to become Reggie Miller (or similar of that sort). Of course that set some high expectations from fans. While what he brings to the team is good defense-wise, he was drafted not to be just like Bruce Bowen, and that was just his downfall of some sort. His late-year bursts added also to that expectations that he'll be the next big scorer playing together with Danny at the wing.
so because a dude's not putting up 16+ a night on his rookie deal he should get booed? a player's career not panning out like some members of a delusional fanbase want isn't grounds to boo a guy. especially not when he gets traded for pennies on the dollar and we just love complete scrubs like Travis Diener. Rush getting booed was embarrassing. He was a late lotto pick that didn't work out here in the midst of the worst run the franchise had in over a decade. BOOOOOOOOOO. Gimme a damn break.

Ratking
02-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Indiana Pacers: Throat-stomping since 2012.

graphic-er
02-29-2012, 09:14 AM
so because a dude's not putting up 16+ a night on his rookie deal he should get booed? a player's career not panning out like some members of a delusional fanbase want isn't grounds to boo a guy. especially not when he gets traded for pennies on the dollar and we just love complete scrubs like Travis Diener. Rush getting booed was embarrassing. He was a late lotto pick that didn't work out here in the midst of the worst run the franchise had in over a decade. BOOOOOOOOOO. Gimme a damn break.

I agree, it was embarrassing. The guy did do anything truly bad while he was here. He made a couple of stupid mistakes. But I'm sure that your also see TJ Ford boo'd as well. Now I really wonder what happens when Dunleavy comes to town. Cause everyone knows he played like **** 3 out of the 4 years he was here.

graphic-er
02-29-2012, 09:16 AM
No he played off of Manu. He didn't run the offense Manu did Hill hasn't shown he can run a offense at the NBA level. In SA he made his living hitting open shots and playing mostly the SG even when Manu was in. We tried to have him run the offense this season but it failed IMO.

EDIT: Not having Manu to playin the playoffs last year killed them. Because not only they lost their starting SG and playmaker. But they lost their 2nd unit leader and that really hurt and forced Hill to play pg and that is reason they got whooped Manu is so valuable to that team.

Actually, Manu played in 5 games for them against Memphis.

graphic-er
02-29-2012, 09:18 AM

But isn't that telling of the Pacers Talent level? That Rush looks good and stands out on the Warriors but totally disappeared on the Pacers?

Pacer Fan
02-29-2012, 09:19 AM

Yea, what was up with that crap? He didn't do anything wrong to deserve that. He was totally disrespected. We drafted him and traded him, like he had a choice. I was happy to see him have a good game. He was their best player last night.

Anthem
02-29-2012, 09:32 AM
I think a lot of it is how the franchise handled him. Larry didn't like him, so we don't like him. Just about everything said about Rush during his last year here was negative.

If there had been nice things said when he left and a puff piece on his way back, I don't think you hear those boos.

pacer4ever
02-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Actually, Manu played in 5 games for them against Memphis.

Wow he did and he didnt play half bad

I could of sworn he was injured lol

Pacer Fan
02-29-2012, 09:40 AM
I think a lot of it is how the franchise handled him. Larry didn't like him, so we don't like him. Just about everything said about Rush during his last year here was negative.

If there had been nice things said when he left and a puff piece on his way back, I don't think you hear those boos.

Do you think Larry or the franchise booed him last night? I don't think so! I haven't heard Larry say he don't like him. Where you get that information from?

Lance George
02-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Monta Ellis with 7-19 shooting, 2 assists, and 5 turnovers in leading his team to an impressive loss.

What a star.

Sparhawk
02-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Is it just me, or do the Pacers really have some great inbound plays. That oops was nice and not the first inbound play this year that made me say, "Wow".

The Big Smooth
02-29-2012, 10:32 AM
booing Rush was just stupid, especially after some of the characters this fanbase has endured

I will boo and hiss at that immature homophobic loser any chance I can get. After his tweets this summer, I couldn't wait to ship him out of town.

15th parallel
02-29-2012, 11:09 AM

Not particularly talking about the "boo" part. Just what you have said about Rush. People think he's some sort of "2nd coming of Reggie Miller" simply because he publicly set it himself. If you publicly do so then prove it with your game. That's what I'm saying.

He doesn't deserve the boos, I get it. All I'm saying is that fans' expectations are partially his fault for not even meeting his own expectations.

Eddie Gill
02-29-2012, 11:20 AM
The boos you heard were probably just the jealous haters making minimum wage, wishing they could see the paycheck Brandon brings in...

Since86
02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Brandon asked to be traded. When you don't want to be in a city, don't be surprised when the city doesn't want you back either.

I personally wouldn't have boo'd, but I wouldn't have clapped once for him either.

Justin Tyme
02-29-2012, 11:33 AM

ROBIN LOPEZ

He's languishing away in Phoenix. Young, talented, room to grow, and on a rookie contract.

Hicks
02-29-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm fine with two talented combo guards playing together off of my bench. I don't really care that neither of them is a 'true point guard'. (Barbosa and Hill). I think they'd do some damned good things for our bench.

Justin Tyme
02-29-2012, 11:49 AM

Barbosa played some b/u PG earlier in his career. Never great at being an ast PG.

xIndyFan
02-29-2012, 12:09 PM
. . . the team needs to sort out what they want to do with George Hill. I wouldn't say anything is done for the season yet, unless you are confident that George Hill won't be playing PG this season.

good point. hill is the guy that AJ replaced at the point. wonder if that means vogel doesn't think hill is able to play the point well enough.

The fact that their 3s weren't falling did not help them at all either. But yeah, you're right.

know you're a new pacer fan, but trust me, that is the problem with the 3 point offense. if the shots aren't falling, then you're :censored:ed.:laugh:

I'm guessing it is related to the suspension for pot.

Regardless of people's heated positions on both sides of the issue, the suspension greatly reinforced the perception that Brandon did not work hard to become a great player commensurate with his high spot in the draft.

That tangible incident just gave people something specific to latch on to in their disappointment.

I'm not arguing whether he should have been booed. I'm offering an explanation as to why.

probably correct. indy seems to be always looking for a scapegoat. until the team wins enough playoff games to get fans feeling good about the team, this type of behavior will continue. some fans need a guy to blame for the teams failure, instead of realizing the team as a whole just wasn't talented enough to win.

Do you think Larry or the franchise booed him last night? I don't think so! I haven't heard Larry say he don't like him. Where you get that information from?

somewhere along the way, rush lost larry's faith in his ability to become a good player. don't think bird hates him, just doesn't think he's an asset to the team.

Justin Tyme
02-29-2012, 12:36 PM
And that trade was crap for us.

We lost that trade.

So you are saying Bird made a mistake.

Maybe it wasn't a trade that you and others felt equaled what you deemed was Rush's value, BUT Bird knew something, thus his continual effort to trade Rush for 2 years. What was it Bird knew or saw that made him so INTENT to unload Rush?? Why was it so difficult to trade Rush to another team where the trade only garnered a b/u journeyman big and a poor 2nd round pick? Maybe those are questions you and others should be asking instead of commenting about the poor net gain from the trade.

When you say it was a bad trade, you are saying Bird had poor judgement and made a mistake. Maybe the mistake was made 3 years prior at the draft by Bird, and he was just correcting his mistake.

Justin Tyme
02-29-2012, 12:46 PM
The boos you heard were probably just the jealous haters making minimum wage, wishing they could see the paycheck Brandon brings in...

Yeah, that's it!

The boos I heard was just for his block of an alley opp that fans wanted to see come to fruition.

DGPR
02-29-2012, 12:50 PM

Or maybe it's because those haters making minimum wage would give anything to have the athletic ability and shooting accuracy of Brandon Rush, but hate seeing it get thrown away with failed drug tests and poor performances due to being lethargic.

BPump33
02-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah, that's it!

The boos I heard was just for his block of an alley opp that fans wanted to see come to fruition.

He was boo'd the first time he scored, too. The really loud boos were definitely for him breaking up the oop attempt.

spazzxb
02-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Rush was a PR issue. I think he learned a lesson tough. Shortly after being traded, he changed his name on twitter and then issued a statement that he wasn't going to use profanity on twitter anymore.
He made stupid public comments and(even if you believe his account was hacked on the worst of it) was an idiot on twitter. He also asked to be traded.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

beast23
02-29-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm fine with two talented combo guards playing together off of my bench. I don't really care that neither of them is a 'true point guard'. (Barbosa and Hill). I think they'd do some damned good things for our bench.
Ditto. Especially if a team is willing to give us a 1st round pick just to clear some cap space for them. And, he's a FA this summer, so it's not like we are tied to him for a long duration. The pick and Barbosa might prove to be decent bargaining chips this summer.

If we can't bring in a really decent player that can stick with us long-term by the trade deadline, this is exactly the type of deal Bird should be looking for.

gummy
02-29-2012, 01:49 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacers/2012/02/28/0021100504_gsw_ind_recap.nba

For those of you that missed this bit of Vogel on the pregame show.

I love our coach.

imbtyler
02-29-2012, 01:58 PM

Unless we could end up with Nash and Lopez (somehow) instead. I'm not a big fan of Barbosa, I'd rather start Steve, move DC to the bench (if we still have him), and let Lopez back-up Roy and West (obviously).

There are a ton of trades I want to make, but only some of them are possible, even fewer are probable, and I doubt we do any of them.

Combos of players + assets we could inherit:
Nash + Lopez + pick
Luke Ridnour + Mike Beasley + pick
Ramon Sessions + Ryan Hollins + pick
Greivis Vasquez + Chris Kaman (no pick, Hornets tanking, won't trade)
Reggie Jackson (PLEASE!!) + Cole Aldrich? (please no!) + pick
Von Wafer (?) + Earl Clark + pick + Dwight Howard
Armon Johnson/Elliot Williams + pick

Not to mention combinations from multiple teams. I'd really like to get Nash (perfect fit) and either Lopez or Kaman (best overall centers probably available). I still think we should look to pull in as many picks as we can (just in case, also trade assets). Also, Reggie Jackson would be more effective and useful than AJ Price, and his price tag shouldn't be too high.

Sookie
02-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Wow he did and he didnt play half bad

I could of sworn he was injured lol

He was injured. (I believe he had an elbow fracture)

He still played though.

CableKC
02-29-2012, 02:13 PM
I doubt you see anymore sellouts until we win at least 1 playoff series. The season after that you should see some results.

That said, I'm just going to enjoy the prices I can find tickets for today, and keep going to games and sitting in the lower center sections for cheap.
This is what I keep on saying....enjoy the ride where you guys get to see the game for cheap in the Lower bowl. The Pacers are the best kept secret in town when it comes to watching basketball games. Next year, I guarantee that things will be different and better...attendance-wise.

CableKC
02-29-2012, 02:19 PM
I recall hearing some boos on TV when BRush came up from behind and blocked some fastbreak layup by DC? ( or whoever it was ).

CableKC
02-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Given our lack of size...I'd think that if we were to go after a Wing Player to shore up the 2nd unit...that we'd look for a Scoring SG-SF...not a Combo PG-SG.

I like what Inferno can do...but I'm not so sure that I like him guarding bigger and stronger SFs.

CableKC
02-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Unless we could end up with Nash and Lopez (somehow) instead. I'm not a big fan of Barbosa, I'd rather start Steve, move DC to the bench (if we still have him), and let Lopez back-up Roy and West (obviously).

There are a ton of trades I want to make, but only some of them are possible, even fewer are probable, and I doubt we do any of them.

Combos of players + assets we could inherit:
Nash + Lopez + pick
Luke Ridnour + Mike Beasley + pick
Ramon Sessions + Ryan Hollins + pick
Greivis Vasquez + Chris Kaman (no pick, Hornets tanking, won't trade)
Reggie Jackson (PLEASE!!) + Cole Aldrich? (please no!) + pick
Von Wafer (?) + Earl Clark + pick + Dwight Howard
Armon Johnson/Elliot Williams + pick

Not to mention combinations from multiple teams. I'd really like to get Nash (perfect fit) and either Lopez or Kaman (best overall centers probably available). I still think we should look to pull in as many picks as we can (just in case, also trade assets). Also, Reggie Jackson would be more effective and useful than AJ Price, and his price tag shouldn't be too high.
There is no way that we'd get those Players AND THEN get a pick on top of that....the only Team that maybe interested is Orlando....but other than that....none of those Teams are looking to shed salary since none of them are over the LT. That means that our only asset that we bring to the table ( our Capspace ) isn't useful UNLESS they are looking to make another move that requires clearing of Capsace.

Day-V
02-29-2012, 02:35 PM

I love our coach.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ezLpKgFzrQo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ezLpKgFzrQo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

RWB
02-29-2012, 02:38 PM
So according to this article Rush couldn't handle the pressure. If that is the case then please explain to me why NOT booing BRush is a good thing. Last time I knew, getting under the opponents skin for a homecourt advantage was encouraged?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/RushAmundson-trade-looks-like-a-steal-for-Riley-69668624

Rush-Amundson trade looks like a steal for RileyLexisNexis Feed
Rusty Simmons, The San Francisco Chronicle (California)
Share This Story

Updated Feb 29, 2012 5:27 AM ET
Warriors general manager Larry Riley said he did everything he could to stop himself from leaping out of his seat when Indiana agreed to trade Brandon Rush for Lou Amundson in December.

Pacers president Larry Bird knew the transaction was going to be a little one-sided, but he wanted to free up more playing time for emerging swingman Paul George and was worried about the health of big man Jeff Foster.

Thus, the Warriors got a steal of deal.

Rush, who was booed sporadically in his initial return to the Bankers Life Fieldhouse, had team highs with 14 points and seven rebounds in the Warriors' 102-78 loss to his ex-mates Tuesday.

The 6-foot-6, 220-pound guard/forward is averaging 8.6 points and 3.2 rebounds in 24 minutes a game and leading the league at 52.3 percent three-point shooting. The last number is on pace to surpass the Warriors' single-season record set by B.J. Armstrong at 47.3 percent in 1995-96, and Rush could threaten the NBA record achieved by Kyle Korver at 53.6 percent in 2009-10.

Rush's breakout season is coming at the right time as he's on course to become a restricted free agent this summer.

"We'd love to have him back. There's no secret about that," coach Mark Jackson said. "He's carved a niche in how he can be a helpful part of a winning situation. I don't know if that opportunity would have presented itself in Indiana."

Rush said his inconsistent minutes and the pressure of being a lottery pick 13th pick in the 2008 draft dogged him in Indiana. Though he harbors no ill will against the franchise, he said getting the fresh start has helped.

"I try to stay in my lane, do what I'm capable of doing and try to help out the team," Rush said. "I'm not feeling pressure any more. I feel like I'm capitalizing on an opportunity that was given to me."

TheDon
02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
anyone else notice they're playing the "psycho" music when tyler does something in the game? I'm not sure how long that has been going on, but I noticed it the game before the all-star break and thought it was awesome.

Day-V
02-29-2012, 03:02 PM
anyone else notice they're playing the "psycho" music when tyler does something in the game? I'm not sure how long that has been going on, but I noticed it the game before the all-star break and thought it was awesome.

This?
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cyIxdOctioo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cyIxdOctioo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

If so, that is ridiculously awesome.

Nuntius
02-29-2012, 03:46 PM
I will boo and hiss at that immature homophobic loser any chance I can get. After his tweets this summer, I couldn't wait to ship him out of town.

What did he say?

ilive4sports
02-29-2012, 04:47 PM
"I try to stay in my lane, do what I'm capable of doing and try to help out the team," Rush said. "I'm not feeling pressure any more. I feel like I'm capitalizing on an opportunity that was given to me."

this is what i don't get. Brandon isn't really flourishing in GS. The only thing he is doing better, is hitting 3's at a higher rate. Everything else is the same. He's playing defense and hitting 3's. He's playing the exact same way he did here.

xBulletproof
02-29-2012, 07:30 PM
What did he say?

Anyone clicking these links, they're not safe for work. :laugh:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0z9JDgEfVco/TtLePEHEOlI/AAAAAAAACiI/Y0lnw-hnh6c/s1600/Autograph+Hoe.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Aw8u0S5Atw4/TtLePfDCtUI/AAAAAAAACiM/1A3uV9Gsmkk/s1600/Dick+N+The+Butt.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cuIn9udLHxY/TtLePgMqhvI/AAAAAAAACiU/BgX2Xng4t7M/s1600/Minimum+Wage.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3sW367coRAA/TtLePubgdJI/AAAAAAAACig/BqKsxGsamQ4/s1600/Piece+of+****.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VX1a7LH4KI8/TtLeP87H8qI/AAAAAAAACio/14GXWWxu1n0/s1600/Pigs+Dick.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jDG8UYXLne4/TtLeQEK-5dI/AAAAAAAACiw/i4GPDNsoAUE/s1600/Ride+a+Dick.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RM5y-zR8GXg/TtLeQtz9ttI/AAAAAAAACi4/qdAkw4sZvZw/s1600/Sandusky+***.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5hTOWoBgX50/TtLeT6KrFqI/AAAAAAAACjA/mNr2eVwCGaM/s1600/Smokin+Weed.jpg

ilive4sports
02-29-2012, 07:37 PM
ahahaha "Go suck a pigs dick" :laugh:

Nuntius
02-29-2012, 07:55 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0z9JDgEfVco/TtLePEHEOlI/AAAAAAAACiI/Y0lnw-hnh6c/s1600/Autograph+Hoe.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Aw8u0S5Atw4/TtLePfDCtUI/AAAAAAAACiM/1A3uV9Gsmkk/s1600/Dick+N+The+Butt.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cuIn9udLHxY/TtLePgMqhvI/AAAAAAAACiU/BgX2Xng4t7M/s1600/Minimum+Wage.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3sW367coRAA/TtLePubgdJI/AAAAAAAACig/BqKsxGsamQ4/s1600/Piece+of+****.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VX1a7LH4KI8/TtLeP87H8qI/AAAAAAAACio/14GXWWxu1n0/s1600/Pigs+Dick.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jDG8UYXLne4/TtLeQEK-5dI/AAAAAAAACiw/i4GPDNsoAUE/s1600/Ride+a+Dick.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RM5y-zR8GXg/TtLeQtz9ttI/AAAAAAAACi4/qdAkw4sZvZw/s1600/Sandusky+***.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5hTOWoBgX50/TtLeT6KrFqI/AAAAAAAACjA/mNr2eVwCGaM/s1600/Smokin+Weed.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

Ok, I certainly get why Bird traded him for Lou :laugh:

CJ Jones
02-29-2012, 08:01 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

Ok, I certainly get why Bird traded him for Lou :laugh:

His account was hacked... ;)

TheDon
02-29-2012, 08:03 PM
This?
<EMBED height=315 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=420 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/cyIxdOctioo?version=3&hl=en_US allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

If so, that is ridiculously awesome.

yes! that I laughed the first time I caught it.

ilive4sports
02-29-2012, 09:35 PM
His account was hacked... ;)

yes it was "hacked"

Anthem
02-29-2012, 09:41 PM
this is what i don't get. Brandon isn't really flourishing in GS. The only thing he is doing better, is hitting 3's at a higher rate. Everything else is the same. He's playing defense and hitting 3's. He's playing the exact same way he did here.
But there, they like him.

Sookie
02-29-2012, 10:36 PM

Because they don't have expectations on him like we did. I think most fans appreciate a guy who comes in, makes three pointers and plays stellar defense.

The only time they don't appreciate that player is when that player is expected to do more than that.

Nuntius
02-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Because they don't have expectations on him like we did. I think most fans appreciate a guy who comes in, makes three pointers and plays stellar defense.

That's a very valid point.

However, if he was to make the same comments again (except the pot one) I bet that some folks are going to dislike him again :p

But as I have no means of knowing what happened in reality I'd still appreciate him as a player.

MagicRat
02-29-2012, 10:58 PM

I love our coach.

Here's the entire bit they played on the telecast......

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/juRdSTxrgk4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Just for fun I pieced together his entire board......
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/vogelpregameboard.jpg

Sandman21
02-29-2012, 11:03 PM
this is what i don't get. Brandon isn't really flourishing in GS. The only thing he is doing better, is hitting 3's at a higher rate. Everything else is the same. He's playing defense and hitting 3's. He's playing the exact same way he did here.Sometimes all you need is a change of scenery.

ilive4sports
02-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Sometimes all you need is a change of scenery.

I get that he is probably happier there, but he isn't really playing any better.

CJ Jones
02-29-2012, 11:56 PM
It looks like he's playing better to me. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rushbr01.html#per_game::none

I've watched several Warriors games. He looks a lot more comfortable now compared to the last few years IMO.

Nuntius
03-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Here's the entire bit they played on the telecast......

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/juRdSTxrgk4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Just for fun I pieced together his entire board......
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/vogelpregameboard.jpg

Thanks for this, my man. It's glad to know that we have a plan in countering the PnR :D

TheDavisBrothers
03-01-2012, 12:14 AM
It looks like he's playing better to me. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rushbr01.html#per_game::none

I've watched several Warriors games. He looks a lot more comfortable now compared to the last few years IMO.

the thing that jumps out are the %s, can he sustain them?

Hoop
03-02-2012, 12:17 AM
I wonder if Brandon has a prescription for weed. It's legal in California, so the NBA couldn't say anything about it, Right?

cdash
03-02-2012, 12:29 AM

Comedy gold. What a gooftrooper.

ilive4sports
03-02-2012, 12:31 AM
I wonder if Brandon has a prescription for weed. It's legal in California, so the NBA couldn't say anything about it, Right?

The NBA absolutely could suspend him still. I live in CA and even if I had a prescription and I failed a drug test for work due to weed I wouldn't get the job.

Eleazar
03-02-2012, 01:01 AM
The NBA absolutely could suspend him still. I live in CA and even if I had a prescription and I failed a drug test for work due to weed I wouldn't get the job.

Yeah, it is just like alcohol, being legal doesn't mean your company is ok with you coming to work drunk.

xIndyFan
03-02-2012, 01:18 AM

i thought we treated rush's game badly. as fans i mean. the value of a guy that defended and could shoot the 3 seemed undervalued. but larry bird and brandon never connected. and whatever brandon was selling larry wasn't buying.

glad to see him find a home that appreciates his game. hope they pay him lots of money.

ilive4sports
03-02-2012, 01:22 AM
i thought we treated rush's game badly. as fans i mean. the value of a guy that defended and could shoot the 3 seemed undervalued. but larry bird and brandon never connected. and whatever brandon was selling larry wasn't buying.

glad to see him find a home that appreciates his game. hope they pay him lots of money.

its because he is capable of more. how many times did he look disinterested in the game? he didn't seem to give it his all.

xIndyFan
03-02-2012, 01:46 AM
its because he is capable of more. how many times did he look disinterested in the game? he didn't seem to give it his all.

yes, that's the bad part of his game. it still undervalues the good parts. players should be judged on who they are, not who they are not. i understand why bird traded him, and am cool with it. it's just too bad. rush is a nice backup wing. his shooting would make a nice change from dahntay's efforts.