PDA

View Full Version : Most Humorous Poster - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

LoneGranger33
02-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Most Humorous Poster – Awarded to the funniest poster on Pacers Digest.

AesopRockOn, avoidingtheclowns, CooperManning, LoneGranger33, OlBlu, PacerPenguins, TheDon, Trader Joe

By design or by accident, many posters have been consistent sources of humor this year and in years past. Whether through a carefully selected image or meme, a callback to a popular PD in-joke, or a witty response to an ill-advised or poorly-worded inquiry, these posters have entertained and amused where more responsible posters might examine and educate. The field consists of only one previous award winner, atc, who reluctantly shared the honor with 8pts9secs renegade JayRedd in 2009. A new champ in 2012? Not a Redickulous thought!

Past Winners:
2004 - MagicRat
2005 - MagicRat
2006 - btowncolt
2007 - MagicRat
2008 - JayRedd
2009 - avoidingtheclowns / JayRedd
2010 - btowncolt

This poll will close on Wednesday at 7 p.m.

vnzla81
02-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Olblu is the man, he is the funniest guy on PD hands down......... :cool:

Pacersalltheway10
02-27-2012, 12:50 PM
:cool:

Mackey_Rose
02-27-2012, 12:53 PM
This should be the biggest runaway of the Awards. :cool:

BRushWithDeath
02-27-2012, 12:57 PM
This should be the biggest runaway of the Awards. :cool:

Maybe next year we'll need seperate categories for Intentional and Unintentional. :cool:

Kstat
02-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Maybe next year we'll need seperate categories for Intentional and Unintentional. :cool:

I voted for ATC, for that reason.

AesopRockOn
02-27-2012, 04:08 PM
I voted for ATC, for that reason.

Yeah, I'd be a little bummed out if ATC didn't win. If anyone should be getting screwed over by a bad joke, it's LG33.

Trader Joe
02-27-2012, 04:35 PM
OlBlu will always be the man, but I went with ATC. Because he actually means to be funny...I think.

OakMoses
02-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Tough decision between ATC and LoneGranger. I wish I could vote for both.

TheDon
02-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I didn't even realize I was nominated for this, thanks for whoever did that :D

neosmndrew
02-27-2012, 07:17 PM
I cast my vote for CooperManning

TinManJoshua
02-27-2012, 08:32 PM
I voted for Joe, but just as easily could have voted for ATC.

LoneGranger33
02-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I'd be a little bummed out if ATC didn't win. If anyone should be getting screwed over by a bad joke, it's LG33.

That's fair. I mean, I haven't really DeRisen to the occasion this year. (That poor play on words is Lindicative of my recent comedic shortcomings)

I am proud to report, however, that the PD Class of '06 (AesopRockOn, atc, LG33, TheDon and Trader Joe) is well represented in this category.

Trader Joe
02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
That's fair. I mean, I haven't really DeRisen to the occasion this year. (That poor play on words is Lindicative of my recent comedic shortcomings)

I am proud to report, however, that the PD Class of '06 (AesopRockOn, atc, LG33, TheDon and Trader Joe) is well represented in this category.

This is our class photo.

http://www.jhu.edu/chembe/alumni/images/class-of-67.jpg

LoneGranger33
02-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Remember our five year reunion at Club Rio?

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/politics/Mitt%20Romney%20bain%20capital.jpg

Fingers was taking pictures that night if I remember correctly.

More importantly, voting ends tomorrow evening at 7 pm!

OlBlu
02-28-2012, 04:46 PM
OlBlu will always be the man, but I went with ATC. Because he actually means to be funny...I think.

I appreciate being considered no longer that I have been here. Now, if I was only trying to be humerous......:cool:

AesopRockOn
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Class.

avoidingtheclowns
02-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Remember our five year reunion at Club Rio?

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/politics/Mitt%20Romney%20bain%20capital.jpg

Foul Monday came over, too. It was all good.

Trader Joe
02-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Foul Monday...good stuff.

LoneGranger33
02-29-2012, 07:40 PM
The voting period is officially over.
Unfortunately, per the official rules of these awards, I am unable to count the high volume of LoneGranger33 votes transmitted over private message. I do, however, want to thank all 37 of you for your support.

Congratulations to the new Most Humorous Poster, avoidingtheclowns!

The official tally is as follows:

avoidingtheclowns - 17 votes (29.31% of respondents)
Trader Joe - 12 votes
CooperManning - 11 votes
OlBlu - 11 votes
LoneGranger33 - 8 votes
AesopRockOn - 5 votes
PacerPenguins - 2 votes
TheDon - 2 votes

avoidingtheclowns (hereinafter referred to as atc) takes home his second win in this category, but this marks his first solo title as Most Humorous Poster after sharing the top honors with JayRedd back in 2009. For those who don't know, JayRedd went out to buy a pack of cigarettes on February 26th, 2011, but he should be back any minute. atc has a sharp wit, an unfortunately long memory, and a seemingly unending supply of one-liners and backhanded Tim Donahue compliments. (If you aren't reading the game threads, you really are missing out) 5th place isn't usually anything to tweet home about, but with all the funny posters on this board today, I'm honored to be in such great company.

avoidingtheclowns
03-01-2012, 01:26 PM
As my overly handsy Uncle JayRedd once referenced "Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose."

My point is: it's an honor that 17 of you find me even mildly amusing in a category with many worthy nominees. Specifically, AesopRockOn and Trader Joe could make hilariously compelling arguments for winning this award... and yet somehow I managed to vote for neither of you.

Though I'm fairly certain it requires gruesome amounts of inbreeding to create an LG33, Pacers Sports and Entertainment, Inc. Alex (http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=1385695&postcount=18) has done a fantastic job throwing together PD's Awards after a 19-month absence. He's been quickly making the awards his own by combining bits of awards past with his own innovations - including the inspired idea to bribe PD members into participating with promise of a non-descript Amazonian gift card.

And (though usually against my better judgement) I find him pretty damn hilarious, too.

Thank you LG33 for all your hard work and thank you all for this e-honor.

LoneGranger33
03-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I like to think I'm as funny as a young Jerry Lewis, or a poodle on her hind legs, or, at the very least, running into Lisa, but I'm a volume shooter when it comes to comedy - I'll miss as much as I hit. But I appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately, you ruined the sentiment by subsequently reminding everyone of my promise of an Amazon gift card. Kinda hoped that would be forgotten.

As to the awards innovations, they owe at least in part to Pig Nash (2010's wonderful host and organizer) for his example and Hicks for his encouragement. I'd like to claim full credit for the incentivization scheme, but I'm much too virtuous to tell a lie; I stole the idea of participation bribery by violent means.